PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers should move to Seattle

ccg34
10-21-2010, 02:53 PM
It was wrong how we got robbed of our team. The only reason the Sonics left Seattle was because of sodomy. Clay Bennet and David Stern's love affair brought the Sonics to OKC.You can say because Seattle didn't support the team enough to prevent them from leaving. We didn't support them the way we should because Clay Bennet traded away Ray Allen, and let Rashard Lewis leave. No one wants to come to games to see their favorite team lose. Can you imagine Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and KD on the same team at that time? :sigh: We could of had the best big 3 during that time. Having said all this, I believe the Clippers should move to Seattle, because it makes sense. LA already has the Lakers. If you are from LA, why would choose the Clippers over the Lakers? Bring the Clips to Seattle, Blake Griffin reminds me of a young Shawn Kemp. :clap:

Chronz
10-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Just explain why a city that doesnt support losers would welcome the Clippers. Clippers have been turning a profit for decades, you really think that happens in Seattle? **** NO

I love my Clippers where they are

ccg34
10-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Just explain why a city that doesnt support losers would welcome the Clippers. Clippers have been turning a profit for decades, you really think that happens in Seattle? **** NO

I love my Clippers where they are

Do you like the Clippers better than the Lakers? If so, Why?

Sadds The Gr8
10-21-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure which city would generate more fans/profit/income. LA already has the Lakers, so i think it'd make some sense, but mainly/only if it garnered more fans than the Clippers already have. Because that's really the most important thing.

Xaphoon
10-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I've been to several Clippers games, honestly because they're cheaper than buying tickets to watch the Lakers. Of course, we all know the Lakers generate more audience. When I would go to Clipper games, I was surprised to see how many Clipper fans there were. Even in a game, for example Clippers vs Pacers. The stadium was about full. So obviously the Clipper do generate income in LA. So why leave, if they're making money? Like most owners and players say, It's business.

Celtic AL
10-21-2010, 03:29 PM
LA Clippers are a Fit in LA! even tho they got the lakers

Celtic AL
10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Golden state should move to Seattle

Chronz
10-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Do you like the Clippers better than the Lakers? If so, Why?
I wasnt taken to Laker games growing up thats why

Hellcrooner
10-21-2010, 03:35 PM
No.

Seattle had an historic team and it got robbed,

How did that feel?

YOu cant do that to a place that has been rooting for a team for 25 + years its not fair for their fans.

Seatte needs an expansn sonics.

Or to buy a NON HISOTIRC franchise preferably buy the thunder back, but if not , B obcats, Grizzlies and Raptors should be the targets

topdog
10-21-2010, 03:36 PM
First off, would you really want to pay Rashard over 100 million to play power forward next to who? Swift? Collison? Maybe Sene?

Secondly, you are mad about losing your team and yet you want to take the Clippers from LA. True LA has two teams, but so do New York and Chicago for baseball. There are plenty of diehard fans for all those teams and I don't see how taking a team away from them and saying "Just watch the Lakers" is all that different from telling Seattle fans to "Just watch Portland." It does suck and I think Seattle should get a team again, but not this way.

Sadds The Gr8
10-21-2010, 03:40 PM
No.

How did that feel?

YOu cant do that to a place that has been rooting for a team for 25 + years its not fair for their fans.

Or to buy a NON HISOTIRC franchise preferably buy the thunder back, but if not , B obcats, Grizzlies and Raptors should be the targets

:speechless::speechless::speechless:
:eyebrow::down:
:badidea::punish

the_jon
10-21-2010, 03:42 PM
x94392493820483204832

the_jon
10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
At least we support our ****** team.

AWC713
10-21-2010, 03:45 PM
for the record if you kept ray allen and rashard lewis, you wouldn't have had the second pick to take durant..

AWC713
10-21-2010, 03:46 PM
or for that matter you may not have been able to get green, westbrook etc.

rhymeratic
10-21-2010, 03:49 PM
I did vote yes but when I think about it, Clippers make sense in St. Louis/Kansas City or even Hartford, CT.

Seattle should NOT be allowed a franchise again unless its via expansion. I don't believe in teams shedding it's history for another or moving to a town that has a franchise history in place.

Kings should return to kansas and if they decide to expand again... Give sac-town and seattle new teams then.

JRisdabest
10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
close this bs

Xaphoon
10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
First off, would you really want to pay Rashard over 100 million to play power forward next to who? Swift? Collison? Maybe Sene?

Second, you are mad about losing your team and yet you want to take the Clippers from LA. True LA has two teams, but so do New York and Chicago for baseball. There are plenty of diehard fans for all those teams and I don't see how taking a team away from them and saying "Just watch the Lakers" is all that different from telling Seattle fans to "Just watch Portland." It does suck and I think Seattle should get a team again, but not this way.

This.

ccg34
10-21-2010, 03:55 PM
for the record if you kept ray allen and rashard lewis, you wouldn't have had the second pick to take durant..

Ray Allen was on the team when we drafted Durant. We traded him with Big Baby to Boston on draft day for the rights to Jeff Green, Sczerbiak, and Delonte West. Rashard Lewis was going to be a free agent. We did a sign and trade with Orlando.

The Miami Cheat
10-21-2010, 04:03 PM
LA Clippers are a Fit in LA! even tho they got the lakers

^^ this

Hellcrooner
10-21-2010, 04:15 PM

nothing personal, they are jsut the three newest franchises alongside the thunder.

Kashmir13579
10-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Save our supersonics!

llemon
10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Clippers go nowhere until Sterling dies.

the_jon
10-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't care if he's a troll, someone please ban this fool.

drew_ellis_23
10-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Umm we had that pick drafted Durant, then traded Rashard and Allen during the draft for other picks.

TheWatcher34
10-21-2010, 05:27 PM
with Griffin hopefully emerging as the superstar player, the Clippers should take over L.A. and kick the Lakers' ***** for a decase or two.

avrpatsfan
10-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't understand why you would ever be a Clippers fan when the god damn Lakers play in the same building. They should definitely move somewhere.

dbroncos78087
10-21-2010, 05:44 PM
This is only in reference to a select few, but there is absolutely no gay bashing here. In fact this topic requires no discussion of sexual orientation at all.

Jonathan2323
10-21-2010, 05:50 PM
The Clippers should move some where LA doesn't need 2 teams.

Punkindrublic03
10-21-2010, 06:03 PM
The nba will not return to seattle until someone besides taxpayers ponies up the cash to build a nba serviceable arena.

/ thread.

WestTexasPacker
10-21-2010, 06:18 PM
The Clippers should move some where LA doesn't need 2 teams.

LA needs two basketball teams to make up for having zero NFL teams!

THINKBLUE15
10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
LA needs two basketball teams to make up for having zero NFL teams!

It's only a matter of time until the NFL returns to Los Angeles. The second biggest market for sports is LA. Whether anyone likes it or not, there will be football in LA.

The selfish ***** Georgia F ran the Rams organization into the ground on purpose in order to justify moving the team St. Louis who gave her serious $$$$$ to move the Rams to STL.

If anything, the Clippers should move to Anaheim. Then you have Los Angeles with the Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, [NFL Team], and Anaheim will have the Angels, Clippers, and Ducks.

76erEaglePhils
10-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I wasnt taken to Laker games growing up thats whySo what.

thedfactor
10-21-2010, 07:35 PM
This is one of the brighter ideas I've come across.

Vincent33
10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Sure why not. Erase the Clippers and give Seattle their Supersonics. A nice, young, talented team that needs a new owner(make an offer Clay Bennett and try to do something). No market should have more than one NBA franchise anyways.

76erEaglePhils
10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Send them to seattle if clippers fans want to cry tell them to watch the lakers. I don't know why there are clippers fans to begin with when you have the lakers there.

mjt20mik
10-21-2010, 08:29 PM
No.

How did that feel?

Keep dreaming. Toronto is one of the league's top 10 markets. I highly doubt MLSE sells it anytime soon.

thescore53
10-21-2010, 09:21 PM
No.

How did that feel?

you as an internatonal fan, why would you want the only internatonal team to be moved to Seattle. im not even gonna get into how much money the nba would lose if that were to happen.

ink
10-21-2010, 09:41 PM
This thread is a mess. There's nothing wrong with the topic but the discussion is so bad it's not even possible to salvage the thread anymore.