PDA

View Full Version : Notes for Toronto

Isca92
10-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Sly, merge this when you do the Official Game Thread.

Some things I've read tonight on Andrew Gross's Twitter. Ranger Rants have some elaboration on the topics. Here are the links:
http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

All quotes are from twitter.

"Tortorella says #NYRangers have discussed proper response to #Leafs Armstrong for boarding Gaborik: Play hard but disciplined."

"Mike Sauer in on defense tomorrow for #NYRangers. Either Matt Gilroy or Steve Eminger will be out."

"No word on whether Henrik Lundqvist or Marty Biron will start vs. #Leafs. Biron will play one of these three games in four days."

"Marc Staal will be wearing A for #NYRangers during Prospal's absence. "It was unanimous," Tortorella said. "It's the right thing to do."

From Ranger Rants, Leafs on Avery

"Meanwhile, thanks to my friend Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun, here are some of the comments about Sean Avery from the Maple Leafs’ room today. Honestly, nothing really inflammatory. The Maple Leafs, of course, were not happy with Avery after he slashed the back of both of Mike Komisarek’s ankles during Toronto’s 4-3 overtime win over the Rangers on Friday. Actually, the closest thing to a negative comment came from Avery’s former junior teammate Mike Zigomanis.

“He was on my team,” said Zigomanis, who played with Avery in Kingston. “But he wasn’t my teammate.”

Otherwise, the Leafs pretty much said that Avery is an effective agitator that they can’t allow to get under their collective skins.

“He can win games by himself if the other team gets frustrated with him,” said ex-Ranger Fredrik Sjostrom. “And some of the stuff he does is pretty funny.”

“He’s good at what he does,” Clarke MacArthur said. “And he plays hard.”

“He brings energy to his team,” Kris Versteeg said. “When he’s on his game and he’s doing his thing, he can affect a lot of guys.”"

Isca92
10-21-2010, 02:51 AM
If Boogy doesn't pound Orr (which I like Orr but its the heavy-weights job). Gaborik was hurt at home and Boggy did nothing. I know Orr was hurt from a previous fight last time so I understand them not going last time but this time it better happen. This way I can listen to Sam and Joe talk about how it was such a great signing because him fighting Orr a week later makes up for the fact that gaborik got is out 2 to 3 weeks. So far his presence is going to change things hasn't happen(as preached when he was signed), Hank has been knocked over, Gabs gets injured on a cheap hit, and nothing. Atleast the others stepped in after Gaborik was hurt, Avery and Prust.

On Ranger Rants, Andrew Gross points out that Hank sits more then starts in Toronto, however the logical game would be against Boston. I'd like to see Hank go Toronto and NJ. There is no reason to play back to back nights. So give Hank, Toronto because were gonna be short handed in that game, cause there gonna alot of going back and forth over the Avery slash and Gaborik injury. Give Biron Boston. Let Hank and Marty battle it out, so far neither goalie/team has been stellar, but nothing like a rival game to hopefully get us started and keep them slumping.

bsi
10-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Well, when you have the biggest guy who nobody wants to fight he can pretty much do anything, he should have grabbed a hold of Armstrong and shook him around a bit until his terds fell out, because really what's the other team gonna do about it. So far he's been a waste of money we could be spending on defenseman. If Boogie fights Orr that proves nothing, he's gotta get out there and scare the **** out of Armstrong, otherwise we could have any number or fighters signed for league minimum.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
An enforcer can deter some nasty stuff but no enforcer in the league will stop all hitting. Hitting is part of hockey. Boogs was willing to fight Orr. Orr didnt want to fight Boogs. I would like Torts to unleash Boogs a bit more but Torts has his own way of coaching. I can understand a little in games we are down but I dont see Torts getting the best out of many of our players. I think many of our players are better than they have shown under Torts.

PS Isca: I cant merge with the game thread because PSD lists posts in merges in chronological order. Thanks for the thread/posts though. :)

dashripdot
10-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Take the first guy who even so much as snows Lundqvist and pound him unmercifully. Take the penalty and kill it off. It seems that the league's m.o. is to run Lundqvist because the Rangers still aren't doing anything about it. It's unlikely to be Boogaard because he doesn't get much ice-time, but there's nobody in this line-up that the Rangers can't do without for 2 or 5 or even 10 minutes, except for Lundqvist. Time to take one for the team and set the tone for the rest of the season.

bsi
10-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Yup, exactly,pounding their enforcer does little to scare punks like Armstrong from doing what they want. Pound the player, don't give him an option of fighting or not, just start swinging.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Take the first guy who even so much as snows Lundqvist and pound him unmercifully. Take the penalty and kill it off. It seems that the league's m.o. is to run Lundqvist because the Rangers still aren't doing anything about it. It's unlikely to be Boogaard because he doesn't get much ice-time, but there's nobody in this line-up that the Rangers can't do without for 2 or 5 or even 10 minutes, except for Lundqvist. Time to take one for the team and set the tone for the rest of the season.

I'd have no problem with Boogs going after a guy like Armstrong. A 2 minute instigator is fine but we dont want a 7 minute penalty to kill. If that guy does something out of line first send Boogs after him. That is what a policeman/enforcer can do but Torts just doesnt seem to want to cut him loose. I agree take the penalty and kill it off just like Boyle said after Averys nasty slash.

bsi
10-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Biron in the net tonight.

mmmrevolver93
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Biron in the net tonight.

good, im anxious to see him play.