PDA

View Full Version : Cano or Hamilton?

jeter4president
10-20-2010, 11:08 PM
I know the MVP is a regular season award, but seeing these two go at it in the ALCS is awesome. After this, who do you guys think is actually more valuable to their team?

ALCS Stats-

Cano- 8 hits in 19 abs, 4 hrs, 5 rbis, 1 bb, 2 ks

Hamilton- 6 hits in 19 abs, 4 hrs, 7 rbis, 5 bb, 4 ks

Jack of Blades
10-20-2010, 11:12 PM
I'll say this. I don't get a Hamboner when I see Cano play.

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Cliff Lee.

Then Hamilton.

TheGiantYankee
10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
WTF is wrong with Ryan's Face in that picture?

Rangers without Hamilton are much worse, so yea.

hugepatsfan
10-20-2010, 11:21 PM
More valuable or better? Hamilton is better, but they have more guys hitting right now. Cano is the only guy oin the Yanks hitting right now, so I'd say he is more valuable to the Yankees in this series than Hamilton is to the Rangers.

el_primo_nano
10-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Both have been tearing it up so far. Unfortunately this award is in already and I think Hamilton took it, but both these guys are putting up numbers now in the ALCS.

bullocks
10-21-2010, 12:08 AM
You should put up Hamiltons stats in the NLCS while your at it ;)

Not too pretty. Cano has had the better post season.

kyubi256
10-21-2010, 12:10 AM
We've seen the Rangers without Hamilton this year... definitely him

Giraffes Rule
10-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Under normal circumstances, Hamilton. Cano is probably just as valuable right now though, because A-roid isn't hitting and Tex is hurt.

hugepatsfan
10-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Hamilton is the obvious AL MVP for the regular season. But I think if we were to give an ALCS MVP award out right now, Cano would take it. He's the only one playing well for the Yanks right now. He's carried them. So he's been more valuable to his team in this series than Hamilton has been to his.

D1JM
10-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Cliff Lee.

Then Hamilton.

are you mocking the closes thing to perfection?

Gigantes4Life
10-21-2010, 12:55 AM
are you mocking the closes thing to perfection?

I'm not mocking anything. Cliff Lee is a god and you should sacrifice your children in his honor.

RTL
10-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Cody Ross

Pinstripe pride
10-21-2010, 08:17 AM
cano.....because i am a yankee fan

J-Loco
10-21-2010, 09:22 AM
I think the better question is who would you rather build a team around? My answer Cano. Hamilton had insane year so he is the AL MVP but I think Cano is the better all around player. I also don't belive Hamilton will hit .359 or close to it again in his life.

For the ALCS I would also say Cano although it could swing to Hamilton the next game because it is that close.

Hamilton is an awesome player and he will continue to have all star seasons but I believe Cano will outperform him over the long run and most believe Cano has yet to hit his prime.

todu82
10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Josh Hamilton

el_primo_nano
10-21-2010, 11:34 AM
I think the better question is who would you rather build a team around? My answer Cano. Hamilton had insane year so he is the AL MVP but I think Cano is the better all around player. I also don't belive Hamilton will hit .359 or close to it again in his life.

For the ALCS I would also say Cano although it could swing to Hamilton the next game because it is that close.

Hamilton is an awesome player and he will continue to have all star seasons but I believe Cano will outperform him over the long run and most believe Cano has yet to hit his prime.

well put. these guys are putting up a show rite now. Imagine if Hamilton played in Yankee Stadium with that porch though:drool:

North Country
10-21-2010, 11:49 AM
I know the MVP is a regular season award, but seeing these two go at it in the ALCS is awesome. After this, who do you guys think is actually more valuable to their team?

ALCS Stats-

Cano- 8 hits in 19 abs, 4 hrs, 5 rbis, 1 bb, 2 ks

Hamilton- 6 hits in 19 abs, 4 hrs, 7 rbis, 5 bb, 4 ks

Still Josh Hamilton by a pretty safe margin. He had a WAR of 8 this year compared to Cano's 6.2.

Rylinkus
10-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Still Josh Hamilton by a pretty safe margin. He had a WAR of 8 this year compared to Cano's 6.2.

No idea where you're pulling your numbers from

Fangraphs WAR
Cano: 6.4
Hamilton: 8.0

Baseball Reference WAR
Cano: 6.1
Hamilton: 6.0

They're both absolutely awesome players. I'd probably be apt to say Hamilton.

Going forward I'd take Cano. He's a couple of years younger. And I would have some concerns about Hamilton as he ages in conjunction with the toll some of his past may have taken on his body.

North Country
10-21-2010, 05:41 PM

Fangraphs WAR

Baseball Reference WAR

Going forward I'd take Cano. He's a couple of years younger. And I would have some concerns about Hamilton as he ages in conjunction with the toll some of his past may have taken on his body.

Sorry about the typo. The 0.2 difference in Cano's WAR doesn't really make much of a difference though. Hamilton's been more valuable this year for a variety of reasons.

Going forward, I think pretty much everyone would take Cano. He's much younger and is probably more likely to remain healthy. Plus, Hamilton had a ridiculous .390 BABIP this year.

ShinobiNYC
10-21-2010, 06:54 PM
If u asked me last year then easily Hamilton...But please check the stats for the other Yankees before u type...At least Young and Andrus are getting on base, and the likes of Murphy, Molina, Treanor, Moreland,...etc are getting clutch hits this postseason.

The Yankees hitters this ALCS are really struggling...Cano is pretty much carrying them right now.

ShinobiNYC
10-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Wait I thought this was more valueable in the playoffs :/

Driven
10-21-2010, 07:33 PM

Fangraphs WAR

Baseball Reference WAR

I'd rather have Cano as well. Hamilton's the MVP this year, IMO.

North Country
10-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I'd rather have Cano as well. Hamilton's the MVP this year, IMO.

I think the general consensus is that Hamilton's the MVP this year but Cano's a better bet going forward.

Don of NY23
10-22-2010, 02:29 AM
Hamilton is amazing, his story is inspirational but but I have to go with Cano, Hambone could break down at any moment, he(hamilton) is the more skilled player for sure but Cano is a tank he's rarely hurt, hits a ton, hits for power good defense, if I have to pick one it's cano, not saying I wouldn't want Josh on the team though.

Yankeefan94
10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Plus you have to take into account the positions they play. A great 2nd baseman is more valuable then a great right fielder IMO.

Watching Cano turn those awesome double-plays or going to his right and throwing across his body is like watching poetry in motion :D

C1Bman88
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM
The WAR model takes this in to account.

Hustla23
10-23-2010, 05:49 PM
The WAR model takes this in to account.
LOL When I saw that you posted in this thread, I was hoping to see what your opinion was.

Thanks for letting me down. :(

Metsfan98
12-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Hamiltion he has better stats then cano.

Madtown22
03-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Hamilton is so good