PDA

View Full Version : Players/Teams To Watch For

NihonJinDesu
10-20-2010, 06:19 PM
With all the worlds attention spent on Miami and Boston and LA to some extent I thought I would take this time to introduce you guys to Players and or teams that should catch your eye...

We All already know of the emergence of the OKC Thunder and how they may knock the Lakers off their WC crown but this is not about them this is about the teams/players that ESPN will not talk about...

First lets start with David Lee... over the past few seasons he has quietly improved on his mid range jumper and has stats even comparable to his replacement in NY Amar'e Stoudamire, and with him joing the Warriors along with the emergence of PG in Steph Curry and Monta Ellis this team looks poised to relive the glory of a couple years back when the Warriors would knock off the Dallas Mavericks in the playoffs...

Blake Griffin will be the ROY in my opinion willing he does not have anymore problems with his kneecap, the kid is a beast on the boards and I can invision lobs for days from Baron Davis... the kid looks like a lock for a double double in boards and points..

Wesley Matthews- I dont know about everyone else but the showing he had last season and in the playoffs was quite remarkable for a kid that no one knew about and a outside wing that can shoot will be a welcome addition to a team in need of some kind of outside presense especially with Rudy Fernandez wanting out...

Utah Jazz- quite possibly the quiestest offseason transaction in Al Jefferson provides a replacement for Boozer in the post (could possibly even be an upgrade) all depends on how AK-47 and Raja Bell can play and cant forget about if the kid Hayward can be a man in Sloan's scheme of things

Troy Murphy/Morrow- Underrated for his work on the boards and can provide a outside punch along with Morrow which has hurt this team seeing that Harris is a slashing PG and Williams not being highly feared on the wing... this could be interesting to see how the Nets will move in transition under Avery Johnson

Cleveland Cavaliers- LeBron is gone (but not on the calenders) Mo Williams contimplated retirement from the NBA... a team back in the depths of the NBA, but in my opinion a darkhorse to make it to the playoffs all hinges if Byron Scott can bring that Magic to the Cavaliers and the emergence of JJ Hickson at the power Forward postion

aussie
10-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Hornets, trying to keep Paul impressed, i think they'll spark and possibly grab another key player to help Paul out

Slimsim
10-20-2010, 06:59 PM
i Will add Martell Webster. Really nice pick up for Wolves.

NihonJinDesu
10-20-2010, 07:07 PM
i Will add Martell Webster. Really nice pick up for Wolves.

I agree with you to a certain extent, I would also like to see what they do with Brewer

NihonJinDesu
10-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Hornets, trying to keep Paul impressed, i think they'll spark and possibly grab another key player to help Paul out

they did by aquiring Ariza... I would not be suprised to see them trade away Okafor or West to aquire a player who will compliment Paul better and you cannot forget how Thornton will either progree or regress this season

aussie
10-20-2010, 07:34 PM
yeh his good but melo and a big man would be good imo, wuldnt mind okafor being traded would definently help hornets out, his contract is ridiculous

NihonJinDesu
10-20-2010, 07:39 PM
yeh his good but melo and a big man would be good imo, wuldnt mind okafor being traded would definently help hornets out, his contract is ridiculous

Yeah well more realistically right now a striaght up trade for Melo would not work you would need a 3-4 team trade to make that work right now... a big would be perfect for the NOH if Ariza can be that wing that can hit a corner jumper and be the go'fer for Paul then they could be a big suprise... and also I think Thornton would have to show some kind of improvement...

aussie
10-20-2010, 08:31 PM
yeh his preseason has been shocking, belinelli showing him up big time, yeh a 3/4 team trade wuld be the only way,

Baller1
10-20-2010, 08:49 PM
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: Serge Ibaka.

Other than that, watch for Kevin Love; he's going to grab an all star spot.

Gators123
10-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Austin Daye

Kevin Love

NihonJinDesu
10-20-2010, 09:47 PM

I was going to put Ibaka in there but its a bit to similar to the way I thought about Tyrus Thomas, but I could be wrong because Ibaka is actually humble unlike Thomas...

and as for your prediction on Love making the ASG he would have to get past:

-Duncan
-Gasol
-Yao
-Aldridge
-Nene
-Jefferson
-Bynum
-Griffin
-Kaman
-Dirk

more can be named but this would take a while... im not taking anything away from Love its just its hard to get him in considering he would have to get by all these other players and it would take injuries or coach's choice which is also slim... but Love is one of my favorite players...

Baller1
10-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I was going to put Ibaka in there but its a bit to similar to the way I thought about Tyrus Thomas, but I could be wrong because Ibaka is actually humble unlike Thomas...

-Duncan
-Gasol
-Yao
-Aldridge
-Nene
-Jefferson
-Bynum
-Griffin
-Kaman
-Dirk

more can be named but this would take a while... im not taking anything away from Love its just its hard to get him in considering he would have to get by all these other players and it would take injuries or coach's choice which is also slim... but Love is one of my favorite players...

Yeah it will be really, really tough for Love to get it. But I think if the T'Wolves surprise people a bit and perform above the general expectation, then he will have a shot.

Cosmic_Canon
10-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Break out players:
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Beasley
Oden
Bargnani

Giannis94
10-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Break out players:
Larry Sanders
Drew Gooden
Brandon Jennings
John Salmons
Carlos Delfino
Andrew Bogut
Darington Hobson (Yes Ik hes injured but he still could)

Cosmic_Canon
10-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Break out players:
Larry Sanders
Drew Gooden
Brandon Jennings
John Salmons
Carlos Delfino
Andrew Bogut

:laugh::laugh:
I'm surprised you didn't just go and name the whole team. :rolleyes:

marlinsfan24
10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Micheal Beasley
San Antonio Spurs are way underrated.
Portland Trail Blazers

WolvesJagsOs
10-20-2010, 11:31 PM
I agree with you to a certain extent, I would also like to see what they do with Brewer

Pretty sure Brew is gonna get dealt at the deadline.

I have been way impressed by Webster.

WolvesJagsOs
10-20-2010, 11:36 PM

-Duncan
-Gasol
-Yao
-Aldridge
-Nene
-Jefferson
-Bynum
-Griffin
-Kaman
-Dirk

Which i think he can get by some of them. I think alot of people will be surprised by Klove this year.

WolvesJagsOs
10-20-2010, 11:37 PM
But for the wolves, i think that people will be surprised by this year are Beasley, Klove, and Webster which have all been mentioned. Im really excited about the Wolves this year.

DerekRE_3
10-20-2010, 11:45 PM

I LOVE Ibaka. I have him on my psd nba sim league team. :love:

Baller1
10-20-2010, 11:50 PM
I LOVE Ibaka. I have him on my psd nba sim league team. :love:

He's just a fun player to watch. Athletic freak with all the energy in the world. Now he just needs to be funny like Demarcus.

DerekRE_3
10-21-2010, 01:59 AM
He's just a fun player to watch. Athletic freak with all the energy in the world. Now he just needs to be funny like Demarcus.

Yes, I love athletic freaks. Hence my love for Gerald Wallace. And if that happens then I may have reevaluate my sexual orientation.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2010, 02:04 AM
He's just a fun player to watch. Athletic freak with all the energy in the world.

yeah he is fun to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFNnn1pSDDo

DerekRE_3
10-21-2010, 02:07 AM
yeah he is fun to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFNnn1pSDDo

Count on Jimbob to knock people down a peg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P94sXdWflA

x_notorious
10-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Blake Griffin over John Wall as ROY.

NihonJinDesu
10-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Break out players:
Larry Sanders
Drew Gooden
Brandon Jennings
John Salmons
Carlos Delfino
Andrew Bogut

Drew Gooden = Over Paid... even though Bogut is injured I dont see where you justify that contract...

NihonJinDesu
10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Blake Griffin over John Wall as ROY.

I agree the kid is a BEAST

NihonJinDesu
10-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Micheal Beasley
San Antonio Spurs are way underrated.
Portland Trail Blazers

Beasley by the end of the 2010-2011 season may be nicknamed Beastley if he does well this season or bust

The Spurs are no way underrated they are what they are every year.... and which I mean they are flying low you can even look back to their championship years..

the Blazers are a difficult team to gauge... if offseason aquisition Wes Matthews can be that wing to replace Fernandez and Roy can stay healthy they can be the 2nd seed in the west..