PDA

View Full Version : If the Knicks swung a deal for Carmelo, could they get Paul too?

True Blue NY
10-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Wilson Chandler gets shipped out for a first round pick.

Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry and the pick go to the Nuggets for Carmelo.

Is it possible then that between December and February the Knicks could trade Felton, Gallinari and one of their other young players for Chris Paul?

lilbatman225
10-20-2010, 01:04 AM
nope, no chance

Missing56&33
10-20-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't think so. I think if Paul join the next it will be in the summer of 2011 or by trade deadline 2012

xabial
10-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Unlikely, unless he doesnt get traded and becomes an FA, then even thats a maybe.

hgtiger32
10-20-2010, 01:17 AM
a- wilson chandler for a 1st?!?!
b- if this happens in middle of season it will take awhile to gel, even more than Heat cuz they've had all offseason
c- who'd be left on the team besides Stoudamire, Melo, and CP3?!?

on the otherhand you musta had a great night sleeping, cuz this is only happening in your dreams....

NYKnicks4511
10-20-2010, 01:23 AM
a- wilson chandler for a 1st?!?!
b- if this happens in middle of season it will take awhile to gel, even more than Heat cuz they've had all offseason
c- who'd be left on the team besides Stoudamire, Melo, and CP3?!?

on the otherhand you musta had a great night sleeping, cuz this is only happening in your dreams....

While I agree with point b, and for the record I don't think we're getting Melo or Paul in the near future I am puzzled to see why you think Wilson Chandler isn't worth a 1st.

Chandler was injured the first 30 games of the season last year and really came on strong towards the end of the year before having surgery. He's been doing really well in the preseason. He's put on more muscle to a 6'8'' frame, his shooting has been MUCH improved, and he's a matchup nightmare for SGs because of his ability to post up on the low block.

If you don't want to believe me now you don't have to, Wilson will do big things this season and is most definitely worth a first.

Raph12
10-20-2010, 01:25 AM
No chance, let's hope CP3 forces his way to Orlando...

abe_froman
10-20-2010, 01:26 AM
i dont see how

SouthSideRookie
10-20-2010, 02:00 AM
There's no way.

Tony_Starks
10-20-2010, 02:05 AM
Wilson Chandler gets shipped out for a first round pick.

Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry and the pick go to the Nuggets for Carmelo.
Is it possible then that between December and February the Knicks could trade Felton, Gallinari and one of their other young players for Chris Paul?

That offer would get nothing but non-stop hilarious laughter. If the Nuggets don't even want Gallo what makes you think they'll take Randolph and Curry?

tangent12
10-20-2010, 02:07 AM
If the world was in fact square shaped, would dolphins fly into outerspace?

Knicks21
10-20-2010, 02:26 AM
That offer would get nothing but non-stop hilarious laughter. If the Nuggets don't even want Gallo what makes you think they'll take Randolph and Curry?

Or is it better leaving him to free agency so he could they could get nothing? This way they have some future, with the Nets and Bulls reclining there offers as New Jersey isn't so keen on given Favors up and Bulls just signed Noah to an extension.

JLynn943
10-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Maybe if the Knicks had good pieces to trade, but they don't

xbrackattackx
10-20-2010, 08:41 AM
If the world was in fact square shaped, would dolphins fly into outerspace?

Trollin?

todu82
10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Can't see it happening either. Paul will probably go to Orlando.

NBA-GMaster
10-20-2010, 09:11 AM
idk.. I have a gut feeling CP3 will go to Heat, if ever they have a cap to sign him..

NBA-GMaster
10-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Can't see it happening either. Paul will probably go to Orlando.

I was really hoping to see Paul-Melo-Howard combo..

aussie
10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
paul aint leavin NO

footballer2369
10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
They don't even have enough pieces for Melo...

Pierzynski4Prez
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
they already have no picks, they would have to gut their team to get Melo. CP3 would cost even more than Melo, so no. Best thing to do is wait to sign Melo next summer, then see what you could do for CP3.

Patman
10-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Not this year Paul has nearly no leverage to request a Trade he has still 2 Seasons on his Contract so the Hornets are under no pressure to get something back for him. On the other side New york is missing the pieces to pull of both trades. So absolutely no.

TWILL1
10-20-2010, 10:06 AM
They could get Paul its not impossible but I dont think Nuggets would want
Eddy Curry- guy has no played a single game and is so out of shape
Anthony Randolph- hasn't proved anything
First round
For their all star thats a terrible trade on the Nuggets part

John Walls Era
10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
One step at a time, Knicks fans.

GMEN4EVER
10-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Not likely. To do it they'd have to gut their whole team, and that would be pointless. The only way they get CP3 and Melo is by picking one of them up via free agency. They won't be able to work out a trade for both, unless of course the Nuggets completely give in at the trading deadline and give up Melo for Randolph, Curry, a first, and a young guy the Nuggets like. Then you could package TD, Felton, and Gallo, a 2014 first round pick, and max cash allowed (NO wants money right now with the sale up in the air).

The only way these trades could possibly happen is if both NO and Denver realize they will lose their stars for nothing if they don't trade them, both stars demand to go to NY (all they have to do is refuse an extension from anyone but NY) and Gallo, Chandler, and Randolph play well so they have good trade value.

Knicks would then have to resign Azubuike and would be left with this for a roster.
CP3
Azubuike
Melo
Amar'e
Mosgov

With Mason as the backup pg (unless Rautins does better) and Fields backing up the 2 and 3. They'd then have to sign another big, preferably one who can play both PF and C to round out the roster. It's not an impossible scenario, but the odds of it happening are very very low, like maybe 1 percent chance.

NYY 26 to 7
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM

Thats just what the reports were today. Btw its the Knicks that are not willing to give up Gallo.

That said no way IF we got Melo that we could get Paul no chance. He would have to wait until 2012 when he's a FA but he prob won't. I don't know why we have to get ahead of ourselves though it doesn't appear anyone is too close to getting Melo even at this point and idk why NO would even consider trading Paul. He has 2 years left on his deal and there is no way they should even listen. I don't think after the new CB that this big 3 thing will ever happen again and it shouldn't.

futureman
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
No way in hell does this make them even with the heat if they got paul. This is just like the Phoenix Suns version 2. They won't even make it to the finals

tones1012
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
i dont think so . only a dream of you

D1JM
10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Lol

SouthSideRookie
10-20-2010, 11:33 AM
No way in hell does this make them even with the heat if they got paul. This is just like the Phoenix Suns version 2. They won't even make it to the finals

Amazing how such few people see this. I agree.

Hustla23
10-20-2010, 12:02 PM
they already have no picks, they would have to gut their team to get Melo. CP3 would cost even more than Melo, so no. Best thing to do is wait to sign Melo next summer, then see what you could do for CP3.
Not necessarily.

Trading pieces right now for Melo could shed possibly 6+ million in salary, and in 2012, the only players definitely remaining on the books would be Amare, Melo, Mozgov, Douglas, Fields, and Rautins. There would be enough cap space to offer CP3 a max contract if other options are not picked up and Turiaf and Felton are allowed to expire.

There's two ways to skin this cat.

iggypop123
10-20-2010, 12:02 PM
who gets traded for a first douglas or chandler?

dhopisthename
10-20-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't think they will have enough pieces to pull it off. really the only reason they have a chance at trading for carmelo is the curry's 13 million contract.

beasted86
10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
No.

beasted86
10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't think they will have enough pieces to pull it off. really the only reason they have a chance at trading for carmelo is the curry's 13 million contract.

:confused:

Carmelo is an expirer... you know that, right?

daleja424
10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
This is purely hypothetical at this point, so this discussion belongs in the Knicks forum.