PDA

View Full Version : Who would you start game 4 of the NLCS?

ryansuydam26
10-19-2010, 10:51 PM
If you were charlie manual would you start joe blanton in game 4?I feel like charlie is doing the right thing because blanton would probably have to start eventually in the series anyway

TheGiantYankee
10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Who cares who they start Cody Ross wants a WS ring, nobody will stop him.

But honestly I think Halladay is the way to go but Blanton really isn't that good

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Does it matter? The Phillies have no chance.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
OP said it best. Blanton is going to probably to start anyways, unless they want to throw every pitcher on short rest the rest of the way (which is just asking for trouble).

They should pitch Jamie Moyer IMO.

Dark Donnie
10-19-2010, 11:18 PM

:laugh2:

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 11:20 PM

lulz

JermanJaysFan
10-19-2010, 11:36 PM
I'd be entirely confident starting Halladay on short rest, but I don't know about the other guys.

djeller1139
10-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Blanton sucks, so lucky Giants.

bringbackfredex
10-20-2010, 12:01 AM
:laugh2:

x2

But to answer your question, it should be Halladay, but we get to watch Joey throw a gem instead. Hopefully Bumgarner makes some early mistakes to make it a little easier on him.

downsos
10-20-2010, 12:10 AM
No matter what happens the Phillies would have a chance to throw H2O in the last the games of the series if it goes that far. I would want them at there best and I would bet that would be when they're fully rested. I would say the same thing if it was 2-1 PHI and we were discussing Madbum/Lincecum.

Mopped_you
10-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Joe Blanton because like you said he's going to have to pitch sooner or later and if he did start Doc tomorrow and Doc lost than the Phils would be screwed with Blanton against Lincecum at home in game 5.

dodgersuck
10-20-2010, 12:18 AM
As a Giants fan looking at the situation I would say the Phils should start Blanton because a Blanton-Timmy Lincecum matchup in a game five with the series on the line would have Giants rape written all over it.

GoatMilk
10-20-2010, 12:23 AM
gotta go Blanton and hope Bumgarner becomes a timid, not ready for the moment 21 year old.....but he wont. this kid can pitch

advantage Giants. and a big one IMO

Zaunnie
10-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Short rest for Roy Halladay doesn't exist, he's ready every day.

SFGiants4life
10-20-2010, 12:39 AM
He already said Blanton is a go for tomorrow in the post game interview

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Oh I forgot:

Cliff Lee.

Young2Kinsler
10-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Stick with your players. It worked for Texas tonight with Blantons long lost brother, Tommy Hunter

lavell12
10-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Jamie Moyer, activate him and start him. He probably is down to throwing in the 60s or 50s by now, nobody could hit that slow crap.

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Stick with your players. It worked for Texas tonight with Blantons long lost brother, Tommy Hunter

Couple differences:

1. A.J. Burnett is ****.

2. Rangers were winning the series 2-1, not losing.

The_Jamal
10-20-2010, 02:02 AM
I understand why they're starting Blanton tomorrow, but if the Phils don't win, they're fighting an uphill battle with having to sweep Timmy, Cain, and Sanchez. If they threw Doc, who gives them a nice advantage over Bumgarner, and won, all the pressure is back on SF with us absolutely having to beat Blanton in game 5 or we're screwed trying to beat Roy and Hamels at CBP. Course if Blanton wins tomorrow then we start it all over again with which big 3 can throw the better games

RTL
10-20-2010, 02:41 AM

Moyer has a hurt elbow and can't pitch

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 03:23 AM
I understand why they're starting Blanton tomorrow, but if the Phils don't win, they're fighting an uphill battle with having to sweep Timmy, Cain, and Sanchez. If they threw Doc, who gives them a nice advantage over Bumgarner, and won, all the pressure is back on SF with us absolutely having to beat Blanton in game 5 or we're screwed trying to beat Roy and Hamels at CBP. Course if Blanton wins tomorrow then we start it all over again with which big 3 can throw the better games

And what if Halladay were to lose tomorrow? Talk about ****ed.

I stand by my statement.

Pinstripe pride
10-20-2010, 09:00 AM
not blanton if i wanted to win

ryansuydam26
10-20-2010, 05:46 PM
i dont think all of you giants fans have been watching baseball the last few years and you dont realize what team your dealing with and its not even close to over

sexicano31
10-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Hes available to pitch in the NLCS surprisingly

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 05:53 PM
i dont think all of you giants fans have been watching baseball the last few years and you dont realize what team your dealing with and its not even close to over

You're right. I've been sucking my thumb the past few years with the TV off.

Rush
10-20-2010, 05:54 PM

True. We know though how good this team can be, we know what they're capable of, but right now we're are more confident in the way series is playing out right now, just like how the Philly fans were more confident coming into the series. It's just the shoe is on the other foot now with the Giants being up 2-1.

zambo4president
10-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I think Blanton will pitch well actually. If he can get them 6 solid innings and hold the Giants to under 2 Runs the Phillies will win this game, and then have Halladay for game 5.

poodski
10-20-2010, 05:56 PM
OP said it best. Blanton is going to probably to start anyways, unless they want to throw every pitcher on short rest the rest of the way (which is just asking for trouble).

Not really they could start Halladay tonight, then go with Blanton in game 5, then come back with Halladay in game 7. If you can throw Halladay three times you should do it.

downsos
10-20-2010, 05:59 PM

:confused: Baseball was played before this year?

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Not really they could start Halladay tonight, then go with Blanton in game 5, then come back with Halladay in game 7. If you can throw Halladay three times you should do it.

As good as Halladay is, it's not like he's going to provide that much different of production in ONE start than Hamels or Oswalt. Why risk Halladay going three times in a series, two of which is on short-rest, all the while only using Oswalt/Hamels once?

poodski
10-20-2010, 06:03 PM
As good as Halladay is, it's not like he's going to provide that much different of production in ONE start than Hamels or Oswalt. Why risk Halladay going three times in a series, two of which is on short-rest, all the while only using Oswalt/Hamels once?

Against the Giants who also have great pitching I absolutely would.

I havent looked up Halladays numbers on short rest, but unless they are terrible I would do it, because a half run better of a pitcher could mean a ton in a game where runs are at an extreme premium.