PDA

View Full Version : Amare proving all the doubters wrong

knicks09
10-19-2010, 10:17 PM
I just think it's funny how everyone was saying during the off season that Amare is NOTHING without Steve Nash and that his numbers were gonna go down. Lol he's doing the exact opposite and he seems to be pretty decent at 3 pointers. He dropped 39 points and 11 rebounds just now and has been averaging over 28 points per game in pre season. I don't understand why people were doubting him ?

tangent12
10-19-2010, 10:24 PM
*yawn* Talk to us half way thru the season.. or at least when the season starts. :yawn:

John Walls Era
10-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Premature.... how would you feel if I made a thread after a bad preseason game by him?

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Amare is proving he can still dominate without Nash. Even though it's preseason it still a good sign

daleja424
10-19-2010, 10:43 PM
He is a BEAST... but it is also preseason... Lets wait for the Knicks to win 40 games to celebrate. I have no doubt he can put up stats (Thats his nickname!!!)...but will he raise the level of play of those around him and help the Knicks get W's. I think that is what some people are questioning. Only time will tell

tangent12
10-19-2010, 10:44 PM
He tends to do that sporadically. Doesn't mean he'll keep it up or that the Knicks will make the playoffs or anything. It is meaningless at this point and if I was a Knicks fan I would at least wait until we have the record to support the bragging.

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 10:46 PM
He is a BEAST... but it is also preseason... Lets wait for the Knicks to win 40 games to celebrate. I have no doubt he can put up stats (Thats his nickname!!!)...but will he raise the level of play of those around him and help the Knicks get W's. I think that is what some people are questioning. Only time will tell

Amare will get his, It's up to Gallo Chandler and Felton To also help out. If Felton Continues to get over 10 assist and TD, Chandler and Gallo can have a some what break out year we Will be alright. But you have to remember the Knicks are the 4th youngest team in the NBA So mistakes will be made.

ecorrea
10-19-2010, 10:47 PM
I just think it's funny how everyone was saying during the off season that Amare is NOTHING without Steve Nash and that his numbers were gonna go down. Lol he's doing the exact opposite and he seems to be pretty decent at 3 pointers. He dropped 39 points and 11 rebounds just now and has been averaging over 28 points per game in pre season. I don't understand why people were doubting him ?

im a bulls fan but live in nyc and was just watching that game and thinking the exact same thing. guy is a beast scorer. gotta be happy with the pickup barring any injuries.

justinnum1
10-19-2010, 10:47 PM
He got 40 against the nets...lets see how he plays against boston, orlando and miami.

beasted86
10-19-2010, 10:48 PM
You gathered this from pre-season?

Anyway, Amare will be a 24+ PPG scorer, but he will be a 8- RPG rebounder. That's the main reason I wanted Bosh more than Amare. Clearly better rebounder + younger.

ecorrea
but yea, its way too early...

Slimsim
He tends to do that sporadically. Doesn't mean he'll keep it up or that the Knicks will make the playoffs or anything. It is meaningless at this point and if I was a Knicks fan I would at least wait until we have the record to support the bragging.

No ones bragging Just saying that all off season All I kept hearing was Amare is nothing without Nash And so far he proving he can Still dominate without a Top 5 PG.

ecorrea
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
i wouldnt say bosh is clearly a better rebounder. bosh is weak, stat stays strong. let the games be played though.

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
He got 40 against the nets...lets see how he plays against boston, orlando and miami.

He drop 30 on boston the other night

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 10:51 PM
You gathered this from pre-season?

Anyway, Amare will be a 24+ PPG scorer, but he will be a 8- RPG rebounder. That's the main reason I wanted Bosh more than Amare. Clearly better rebounder + younger.

Younger by a year and Amare can probably average 10 rebounds. That's one of the Knicks weak spots ATM and Mike D will probably look for Amare to help out more on the rebounding.

NYsFinest
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM

Dropped 30 points in 27 minutes on Boston last week.

godolphins
10-19-2010, 10:56 PM
It's just preseason let's see what he can do when the games really count.

TWILL1
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I watched the game, Amare played the entire 4th quarter where the ball was just given to him because Nets came back from being down by 16. Amare was being defended by Rookie derrick favors and Kris Humphries. Can you give me the boxscore of who on the Knicks scored pts in the 4th?

Robbw241
10-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Meh, going up against the likes of Joe Smith, Kris Humphries, and Derrick Favors you'd expect him to put up 30+

NYsFinest
10-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Oh stop it Nets came back because Farmar played out of his skull and hit 5 threes in a very short span. The rest of the team was horrendous and Farmar wont be there to pick them up like that probably ever again this season. Im pretty sure you had Lopez in the paint getting dunked on too. You think Troy Murphy will stop Amare from scoring 30+?

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Meh, going up against the likes of Joe Smith, Kris Humphries, and Derrick Favors you'd expect him to put up 30+

If They held amare to 15 points you wouldn't undervalue them like you are now.

It's all good I like what Amare brings to the knicks. He's like a automatic trip to the line something the Knicks haven't had in a while.

justinnum1
10-19-2010, 11:07 PM

Preseason...

D Roses Bulls
10-19-2010, 11:08 PM
its preseason...... and who cares if amares numbers might be good if the knicks arnt winning? if thats all new york wanted was a guy who could put up pretty good stats then they should of kept david lee for like 40 million less

ecorrea
10-19-2010, 11:09 PM
amare has to be refreshing for knicks fans. the team plays soooo much differently with him in there than they did last year. he IS the man on this team. last yr it was a who is gonna be the guy tonight kinda thing. they now have a legit inside out game as well. i like watching the team bc of the addition.

nets fans, i like watching your squad too. twill's got some movessss.

NYsFinest
its preseason...... and who cares if amares numbers might be good if the knicks arnt winning? if thats all new york wanted was a guy who could put up pretty good stats then they should of kept david lee for like 40 million less

Knicks won the last 2 games and were beating Boston by double digits before Amare got benched early in the 2nd half, but you are right its preseason, just saying who said knicks arent winning.

TWILL1
Oh stop it Nets came back because Farmar played out of his skull and hit 5 threes in a very short span. The rest of the team was horrendous and Farmar wont be there to pick them up like that probably ever again this season. Im pretty sure you had Lopez in the paint getting dunked on too. You think Troy Murphy will stop Amare from scoring 30+?

Actually in 2 of the pre season games he has helped, he bought us back to beat Philly. Im not saying Murphy could defend I said Nets had no one at PF to guard him they played cheap basketball in pre season. Amare in all his games never played in 4th quarter and it was Nets 2nd unit in the 4th quarter against Knicks then the Knicks bouight in Amare against Brook and Nets 2nd unit.

ecorrea
10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
but yea u guys did pay A LOT

Bausman
10-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Amare is going to be better, and put up better stats without nash. He is a better 1 on 1 player than a pick and roll guy... Nash just made him look like he was good at it.

I think bosh is better than Amare skill wise, but I have a feeling Amare is going to put up some big numbers this year. He just has to go back to being a beast on the boards.

SeoulBeatz
10-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Don't worry OP, I agree with you, Amare is KILLIN it.

I never doubted that he would be able to do it alone. If you actually watched Amare play you'd know he can create his own shot at will because he can move like a guard in a 6'10" body.

He's playing angry, going for every board and taking advantage of every opportunity to score. Just playing awesome basketball.

All the people still doubting him obviously haven't been watching Knicks games (i have, go to school in NY).

It isn't a question, Amare doesn't need Nash.

haters will still hate though.... don't sweat it knick fans.

Super.
10-19-2010, 11:14 PM

And the Knicks still lost.

Calm down guys...It's the pre-season

daleja424
10-19-2010, 11:15 PM
^I dont think people are hating as much as they just want to see Amare keep it up once the games matter. I for one fully expect he will (which is why I traded Wade for Amare on my fantasy team last month :) )... but we still wanna see it.

1-800-STFU
10-19-2010, 11:15 PM
PRE. SEASON.

Idiots.

NYsFinest
10-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Actually in 2 of the pre season games he has helped, he bought us back to beat Philly. Im not saying Murphy could defend I said Nets had no one at PF to guard him they played cheap basketball in pre season. Amare in all his games never played in 4th quarter and it was Nets 2nd unit in the 4th quarter against Knicks then the Knicks bouight in Amare against Brook and Nets 2nd unit.

If Farmar didnt personally score 13 points in a few minutes Amare would remain on the bench. Except amare had 25 at the half.

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Who doesn't get Over paid ? Look at Amir from Toronto or Side show bob from Cleveland. What about Hedo Or Gilbert arenas. Did Amare get OP sure But it's not Like he's the only one. People keep saying preseason But if Amare was only Scoring 10 points and struggling I guarantee someone would had made a thread about it and blown it up.

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Don't worry OP, I agree with you, Amare is KILLIN it.

I never doubted that he would be able to do it alone. If you actually watched Amare play you'd know he can create his own shot at will because he can move like a guard in a 6'10" body.

He's playing angry, going for every board and taking advantage of every opportunity to score. Just playing awesome basketball.

All the people still doubting him obviously haven't been watching Knicks games (i have, go to school in NY).

It isn't a question, Amare doesn't need Nash.

haters will still hate though.... don't sweat it knick fans.

That's PSD for you.

Robbw241
If They held amare to 15 points you wouldn't undervalue them like you are now.

It's all good I like what Amare brings to the knicks. He's like a automatic trip to the line something the Knicks haven't had in a while.

No Smith and Humphries are really bad, especially defensively. All Humphries has is a lil bit of an offensive game. Favors is so raw and shouldn't be seeing more then 15 MPG.

NYsFinest
^I dont think people are hating as much as they just want to see Amare keep it up once the games matter. I for one fully expect he will (which is why I traded Wade for Amare on my fantasy team last month :) )... but we still wanna see it.

That's what I dont get, is it because he has a Knick uniform on? You are acting like this guy sucked his whole career and Knicks fans are overrating him based on preseason games. This guy has been a beast his whole career with or without Nash. The question was could he score without an elite PG and regardless whether its preseason or not him scoring with ease should show he is the player he always was. I understand if Mozgov scored 30 and Knicks fans were calling him an MVP candidate, everyone can say Knicks fans are irrational and overreact, but in this case its just a guy doign what hes always done.

True Blue NY
10-19-2010, 11:20 PM

Really?

They just played Boston and he scored in the high 20's in limited minutes.

dwadefan03
10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
even though its preseason he still looks good, anyone that doubts amare being a good player is out of their mind. However i dont think he was worth the contract he received

daleja424
10-19-2010, 11:22 PM
That's what I dont get, is it because he has a Knick uniform on? You are acting like this guy sucked his whole career and Knicks fans are overrating him based on preseason games. This guy has been a beast his whole career with or without Nash. The question was could he score without an elite PG and regardless whether its preseason or not him scoring with ease should show he is the player he always was. I understand if Mozgov scored 30 and Knicks fans were calling him an MVP candidate, everyone can say Knicks fans are irrational and overreact, but in this case its just a guy doign what hes always done.

Because I, for one, want to see how he adjusts to being double teamed regularly. That is something that number 1s in this league have to deal with constantly...and it is something that he hasnt dealt with much in his career.

NYsFinest
10-19-2010, 11:23 PM
even though its preseason he still looks good, anyone that doubts amare being a good player is out of their mind. However i dont think he was worth the contract he received

Who is other than your three amigos. People have to stop looking at money so critically. Did Gay, Johnson, Lee, Amir etc etc etc get fair contracts? How about lets name the big contracts that significantly better than Amares in the past few years? You will realize there arent many so this overpaid thing is becoming stupid.

uprightciti
10-19-2010, 11:23 PM
STAT's Where its at!

yeah you can say aww its preseason
but did anyone saying that actually watch the game???

prolly not

that game played like a regular season game

no messing around

you could really see the relationship starting to flourish tonight with felton & td back court and although small, they will really be great at times.

they are also starting to nail that pick and roll

which was 70% amare 30% nash

KNICKS

John Walls Era
10-19-2010, 11:25 PM
:laugh:

So I actually took the time to look at the box score. Not impressed at all. He took 19 FTs, something that won't happen often: I guarantee it! He was 11 for 24. 11 Rebounds (alright, I guess) in 37 minutes. Are the Knicks fans seriously happy about this? Also the opposing PFs was efficient against him (meaning his D was bad? Not sure because like the OP I didn't watch the game, I only looked at the Box Score).

Super.
Stat scored 20+ on Boston, but his team still lost.

Oh right and it's the BLOODY PRESEASON

magichatnumber9
Amare is using New York to position himself for power during and after his career. First thing he does is align himself with the Jewish elite by going to Israel and hoping to find lineage there. Didn't find any but made sure it was widely publicized. Now he is supporting David Stern and his technical foul policy. Something that was never approved by the players union. I'm Jewish so don't play the race card with me. I just call out how I see it. I'm gonna start calling David Stern the Rabbi

masalex1205
10-19-2010, 11:26 PM
PRESEASON...I don't think anybody was seriously questioning his skill...what I;ll be surprised if he makes it through 50 games without being seriously injured

daleja424
10-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Who is other than your three amigos. People have to stop looking at money so critically. Did Gay, Johnson, Lee, Amir etc etc etc get fair contracts? How about lets name the big contracts that significantly better than Amares in the past few years? You will realize there arent many so this overpaid thing is becoming stupid.

so true... there is like 20+ players making more than lebron and wade this year. lol

anyways... STAT will earn every bit of that money with stats... Again, i wonder how that translates to wins tho

NYsFinest
10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Because I, for one, want to see how he adjusts to being double teamed regularly. That is something that number 1s in this league have to deal with constantly...and it is something that he hasnt dealt with much in his career.

How are you a mod? Do you have to have any basketball knowledge or do you just have to post a lot? He was the number one option offensively in Phoenix, he just had a Hall of Fame PG feeding him the ball. Hes put up 20+ ppg as an immature kid before Nash was even there, played the same way when Nash was injured. There is ZERO evidence to doubt him being able to be the same player he always was this year. Its known that a healthy Amare is a top 10-15 player in the league. If you want to say something negative say you want to see him healthy all year.

ecorrea
10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
stat makes the knicks a pretty good team. something the knicks havnt had for a longgggg time. why so much preseason talk, thats whats goin on right now, so lets talk about it. theres no reason not to believe stats performance will translate into the regular season and translate into wins, barring any injuries.

Chill_Will_24
Really??? He proved that he can bully a 35y old journeyman in Josh Smith and reserve Kris Humphries cuz the Nets are missing their starting PF and their rookie Favors got in foul trouble because of some questionable calls. Amare was getting every call out there. He would not have gotten all those BS calls if he were playing the good PFs in the league. I hate refs giving stars the benefit of the doubt when their playing inferior opposition

daleja424
He was not double teamed regularly in Phoenix... if he is going to score 30 ppg in NY...he will be... Thats all I said. Im not sure where the hostility/belittling is coming from...

Trouble87
10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
love the enthusiasm but when you make threads this premature you invite the knick haters to do what they do best

TWILL1
How are you a mod? Do you have to have any basketball knowledge or do you just have to post a lot? He was the number one option offensively in Phoenix, he just had a Hall of Fame PG feeding him the ball. Hes put up 20+ ppg as an immature kid before Nash was even there, played the same way when Nash was injured. There is ZERO evidence to doubt him being able to be the same player he always was this year. Its known that a healthy Amare is a top 10-15 player in the league. If you want to say something negative say you want to see him healthy all year.

Amare is good I dont know if anyone is denying it but did you really need to make a thread about just how much points he scores? How about if Lebron scores 35 in pre season and someone makes a thread about him scoring 35. This should be on the Knick forum.

John Walls Era
But this kinda goes towards what everyone was saying ("doubters"). You know with Nash he probably would've shot 80 percent from the field and gotten close to 50 points.

NYsFinest
10-19-2010, 11:33 PM

Chill_Will_24
10-19-2010, 11:35 PM
He was not double teamed regularly in Phoenix... if he is going to score 30 ppg in NY...he will be... Thats all I said. Im not sure where the hostility/belittling is coming from...

It comes from a Knick fan makin an idiotic thread after your Knick savior had his way with a couple of noname PFs and got every BS call he wanted. He got the star treatment from the refs

daleja424
10-19-2010, 11:36 PM
It comes from you makin an idiotic thread after your Knick savior had his way with a couple of noname PFs and got every BS call he wanted. He got the star treatment from the Nets

:shrug:

Im a HEAT fan and I did not create this thread...

ecorrea
10-19-2010, 11:37 PM
lol

abe_froman
10-19-2010, 11:37 PM
the seasson hasnt even started,no one has proven anything yet

ontop of that i dont recall anyone ever saying amare cant score alot of points...at anytime during his career

TWILL1
10-19-2010, 11:38 PM
It comes from you makin an idiotic thread after your Knick savior had his way with a couple of noname PFs and got every BS call he wanted. He got the star treatment from the Nets

Yeah he got calls but what can we do? Its pre season it doesnt count and the Nets came back to make it close. In the 4th quarter it was a mess it started with Nets getting offensive fouls or turn overs with the ball going out which led to Amare gettng the ball every time for free throws because he was fouled.

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Amare is good I dont know if anyone is denying it but did you really need to make a thread about just how much points he scores? How about if Lebron scores 35 in pre season and someone makes a thread about him scoring 35. This should be on the Knick forum.

Thing is When Knicks Sign Amare All i was hearing is Amare will fail without Nash. And so far he's proving that he doesn't need Nash To Dominate. See now I have to Go to the Blake griffin thread and see how many people Kept Saying preseason.

what54!?
10-19-2010, 11:39 PM
do it during the season....thats really all I got to say

Chill_Will_24
10-19-2010, 11:40 PM

Fixed. Sincerest apologies bro...

daleja424
10-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Its cool. Ya, I was actually arguing the point where I want to see Amare keep doing it when it counts..

bkmikeyy
I think people are missing the point, nobody is saying we should judge Amare on the past few PRESEASON games. All that he has shown is that there is more to the guy than catching pretty passes from Steve Nash and dunking it. It has nothing to do with him scoring 40 on Humphries, but if you watched him this preseason you saw the ease he has creating for himself and that the pick and roll is still there even with an average PG. It is just a sign that he will be fine without being "spoonfed". I think its a decent thread because half this forum was quick to jump on him becoming a shell of a player without Nash.

TWILL1
Thing is When Knicks Sign Amare All i was hearing is Amare will fail without Nash. And so far he's proving that he doesn't need Nash To Dominate. See now I have to Go to the Blake griffin thread and see how many people Kept Saying preseason.

He will no doubt be getting career numbers untill
A) Teams find out his secret and start double teaming
B) He gets hurt
C) He gets outplayed

He is going to be playing a lot of minutes and taking most of the drives and shots in the 4th to get wins. He can get hurt being to agressive, they wanted to win tonight so every time they gave him the ball.

beardown78
10-19-2010, 11:46 PM
People kill me on this site acting like Amare aint been putting up numbers for years, Amare averaged 37 ppg in the playoffs a few years back scoring in a variety of ways not always a set up from Nash. Amare can kill you back to the basket, one on one off the dribble, pick n roll/pop, or from 18ft on in. Who's not overpaid in basketball hell Noah got 60 mill for being an energy guy. Good signing Knicks wish the Bulls woulda grabbed him instead of Boozer. A core of Rose,Stat, and Noah woulda been nice IMO. These tha same haters who's saying Bosh ain't A top 15-20 player in the league all of s sudden lmao

bkmikeyy
10-19-2010, 11:47 PM
B) He gets hurt
C) He gets outplayed

He is going to be playing a lot of minutes and taking most of the drives and shots in the 4th to get wins. He can get hurt being to agressive, they wanted to win tonight so every time they gave him the ball.

- What's his "secret", the guys been an All-Star for almost a decade.
- Sure that will slow anyone down from having career numbers.
- I don't even know what the last one means, you can make that point for anyone.

And scoring a lot when your team wants to win is what every star does, so in that case every star can get hurt.

Slimsim
10-19-2010, 11:48 PM
B) He gets hurt
C) He gets outplayed

Thing is Amare getting double team will open shots up for Guys like Gallo and TD. But The thing i been trying to say is Amare doesn't need nash To be a dominate player.

airronijordan
10-19-2010, 11:48 PM
I believe amare is now the leading scorer for the preseason, but he still needs to average more boards. He's been pretty active on defense. The best thing about amares game is that he will cause big men to be in foul trouble. He did it to kg last wk (before kg was ejected) , so you can't say it was only against smith/favors/humphries. and when amare was on the floor the knicks were leading by double digits against the celtics - boston played its starters in the 4th, while the knicks played their bench...that's why boston got that win last week.......when amare is on the floor. The knicks look like a playoff team....when he's not on the floor, they're not too good

Chill_Will_24
10-19-2010, 11:50 PM

Who was checking him??? Exactly... A reserve and journey man who was only signed to mentor a rookie and provide a little depth. Your guy didn't prove a darn thing except that your team relies on him way more than they should. He usually sits out the 4th in pre season. Yet without him the Knicks crumbled and he had to return cuz without him and his frequent interesting trips to the line you guys were getting torn apart by none other than the entire Nets bench... At which point Avery said "oh well, I guess it's only fair I bring Lopez back in"

Crackadalic
10-19-2010, 11:51 PM
As a knick fan im not gonna over react cause he scored 39 on the nets and 30 on boston who didnt play in the forth quarter cause all of this is still pre season but that doesnt change the fact that he is gonna beast this season everyone talking about how he is gonna get injured thats a bs excuse dwade pulled a hammy his first game but nobody talking about how he is gonna be injured all season he can play without nash and is better then david lee and Ive see dlee play for 5 straight years but when the season start then we can start talking but im confident he will have a mvp type season

Baller1
Preseason...

omdigga
welcome to stat city

Super.
10-19-2010, 11:52 PM
I want to see Stat succeed in New York. But it's just the preseason. Chill fellas

bkmikeyy
10-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Who was checking him??? Exactly... A reserve and journey man who was only signed to mentor a rookie and provide a little depth. Your guy didn't prove a darn thing except that your team relies on him way more than they should. He usually sits out the 4th in pre season. Yet without him the Knicks crumbled and he had to return cuz without him and his frequent interesting trips to the line you guys were getting torn apart by none other than the entire Nets bench... At which point Avery said "oh well, I guess it's only fair I bring Lopez back in"

Lopez was in before Amare, sorry bud. But ye everyone needs to relax it was preseason.

TWILL1
10-19-2010, 11:53 PM
- What's his "secret", the guys been an All-Star for almost a decade.
- Sure that will slow anyone down from having career numbers.
- I don't even know what the last one means, you can make that point for anyone.

And scoring a lot when your team wants to win is what every star does, so in that case every star can get hurt.

Well his first All Star apperance was in 2005 so if 5 years is a decade then sure but what im saying is he gets out played as in he is against a great team and gets out played I dont know how you dont know what that means? He goes up against a good PF with defense.

TWILL1
10-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Lopez was in before Amare, sorry bud.

No they came in at the same time

DenButsu
10-19-2010, 11:56 PM
His TS% in his 4 games against NBA teams in the preseason is .594, which is very good. (Here is a list of players last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=25&c3stat=ts_pct&c3comp=gt&c3val=.590&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=ts_pct) who played over 30 games/25 minutes per game and had a TS% over .590). But most preseason teams don't bring their defensive A-games, and I do have doubts (which I suppose makes me one of "THE DOUBTERS") that he can maintain that level of efficiency without the kind of help he was getting from Nash. I mean, through his career, he's been more efficient with Nash than without him, so it's not like there's no precedent for these doubts based on Amare's actual performance, because there is.

Still, I'll be more interested in his Per/counterpart PER during the regular season once they start tracking that. He's gonna get the ball a LOT, and he can score, so I'm sure he'll get his points (with, I'd guess, decent but not great efficiency), but his defensive performance should be just as important to the Knicks' success.

And I will be surprised if he keeps his TS% over .600 this time around.

bkmikeyy
10-19-2010, 11:57 PM

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=301019018&period=4

Slimsim
10-20-2010, 12:01 AM
His TS% in his 4 games against NBA teams in the preseason is .594, which is very good. (Here is a list of players last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=25&c3stat=ts_pct&c3comp=gt&c3val=.590&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=ts_pct) who played over 30 games/25 minutes per game and had a TS% over .590). But most preseason teams don't bring their defensive A-games, and I do have doubts (which I suppose makes me one of "THE DOUBTERS") that he can maintain that level of efficiency without the kind of help he was getting from Nash. I mean, through his career, he's been more efficient with Nash than without him, so it's not like there's no precedent for these doubts based on Amare's actual performance, because there is.

Still, I'll be more interested in his Per/counterpart PER during the regular season once they start tracking that. He's gonna get the ball a LOT, and he can score, so I'm sure he'll get his points (with, I'd guess, decent but not great efficiency), but his defensive performance should be just as important to the Knicks' success.

And I will be surprised if he keeps his TS% over .600 this time around.

Felton and Gallo Are going to have to help out to Keep Amare From being Double teamed. But the guy is a Automatic trip to the free throw Line. I was surprise he can hit three pointer and is good at driving to the basket. Didn't expect that.

Chill_Will_24
10-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Lopez was in before Amare, sorry bud. But ye everyone needs to relax it was preseason.

Amare was in first. I know cuz I remember groaning out loud when the announcers said he and Felton were at the scorers table. At which point I was shocked cuz Amare usually sits out the 4th. Then Avery quickly got Lopez in

Slimsim
10-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Amare was in first. I know cuz I remember groaning out loud when the announcers said he and Felton were at the scorers table. At which point I was shocked cuz Amare usually sits out the 4th. Then Avery quickly got Lopez in

He's not playing tomorrow so Mike D decide to give him more minutes in tonight game.

bkmikeyy
10-20-2010, 12:06 AM

You gotta work on those memory skills:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=301019018&period=4

8:55 Brook Lopez enters the game for Johan Petro 89-92

97-98 Amare Stoudemire enters the game for Anthony Randolph

WolvesJagsOs
10-20-2010, 12:07 AM
lol, he bullies 2 PF's that suck on defense, WHOOOHOOO! What an accomplishment.

bkmikeyy
10-20-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't know why we are arguing about preseason, who cares it was a fun game... both teams will be better this year.

bringbackfredex
10-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I didn't really read what anyone else before me wrote, but who exactly said that Amare was going to be nothing without Nash? Sounds to me like you pulled that out of your *** to make a thread.

But anyway, it's the preseason, it's the NBA, and it's the Knicks. Worthless thread, no one really cares.

D Roses Bulls
10-20-2010, 12:20 AM
for some reason...... somethin tells me knick fans reactions were similar to this when they signed amare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRMbdU0u0PQ&feature=related

Sadds The Gr8
10-20-2010, 12:29 AM

for some reason...... somethin tells me knick fans reactions were similar to this when they signed amare

:laugh2:

John Walls Era
10-20-2010, 12:31 AM

:laugh:

dodie53
10-20-2010, 12:39 AM
still in pre season

ChiSox219
10-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Knicks are going to the Finals no doubt, Amare for DPOY

Missing56&33
10-20-2010, 01:02 AM
I like the leadership role Amar'e has taken since he was signed with the Knicks. He helps the younger guys feel more comfortable out there and leads the team by example when he's on the bench...whether its cheering or giving game advice to others. He's playing at a high level in preseason and in practice. I can appreciate that as a Knick fan, he's being a true professional.

Duncan = Donkey
10-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Amare is going to score his points. But he is also going to be a poor defender and bad rebounder.

Raph12
10-20-2010, 01:27 AM
By preseason standards, the Cavs are still one of the top teams in the league... This is premature, notice the prefix?

Bishnoff
10-20-2010, 01:51 AM

As a Suns fan (and an Amar'e fan), I always knew that he was going to excel at a new team, especially a big market like New York where he is the sole franchise player.

Bishnoff
10-20-2010, 01:52 AM
By preseason standards, the Cavs are still one of the top teams in the league... This is premature, notice the prefix?

You're pretty funny. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

SouthSideRookie
10-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Amare is going to score his points. But he is also going to be a poor defender and bad rebounder.

I don't get why people ignore this. I guess some haven't really followed him closely until now, they'll see eventually.

HeaTxRipZz
10-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Not sure why this thread was even made. Sure Amare is playing good and will continue to do so but it's only preseason. Didn't the Grizzlies go like 6-0 or something like that or maybe the wolves I don't remember. But point is noone plays serious in the preseason.

I will say to the people who did doubt Amare saying he would do worse without Nash this should be an eye opener. But all in all we still haven't seen him perform in the season when the games are taken serious.

JPHX
10-20-2010, 02:24 AM
I don't get why people ignore this. I guess some haven't really followed him closely until now, they'll see eventually.

agreed. plus brittany snow is amazing.

Knicks21
10-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Really??? He proved that he can bully a 35y old journeyman in Josh Smith and reserve Kris Humphries cuz the Nets are missing their starting PF and their rookie Favors got in foul trouble because of some questionable calls. Amare was getting every call out there. He would not have gotten all those BS calls if he were playing the good PFs in the league. I hate refs giving stars the benefit of the doubt when their playing inferior opposition

There were questionable calls all night. For both teams.

Kashmir13579
10-20-2010, 04:16 AM

in like 20 minutes or something, and boston had their starters in. still can't read too much into the pre-season but its nice to see him playing well. still, my heart skips a beat every time he falls on the ground.

Kashmir13579
10-20-2010, 04:21 AM
Well his first All Star apperance was in 2005 so if 5 years is a decade then sure but what im saying is he gets out played as in he is against a great team and gets out played I dont know how you dont know what that means? He goes up against a good PF with defense.
what like pau gasol and lamar odom? he seemed to do pretty well against them.

nah Forbo you were too busy trolling in the knicks forum and not watching the game. lopez was certainly in the 4th quarter before amare and felton. what difference does that make? the only reason the nets were even in the game was because farmar decided to become deron williams for a stretch. seriously mods, check this dudes IP, its Forbo's dupe account.

xbrackattackx
10-20-2010, 08:37 AM
but yea u guys did pay A LOT

Yea but so was did you guys for a "Hustle" player.

futureman
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
So if he couldn't win it all in Phoenix with the same coach, what make you think he will do it in New York. He just cares about numbers and plays no defense. Why do they shove this crap team down everyones throats? Don't give me that big market crap. They can't draft worth monkey **** and all they do is leech players from teams that know how to draft and have the intellegence and the patience to develop players.

arkanian215
10-20-2010, 12:23 PM

lol I love this line in all of its forms.

Wilson
10-20-2010, 12:25 PM
EDIT: Nevermind.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-20-2010, 12:47 PM

Funny how u were in the knicks game thread last night praising the knicks and in the NBA forum ur trying to discredit the performance. Man i tell you. I guess its good to be apart of popular opinion in the NBA forum. Lopez was in the game and Stat came in after. And I notice how u left out we didnt play Gallo,Mosgov,Chandler, Randolph who helped ballon the lead to 16 in the first place.:facepalm:

king4day
10-20-2010, 01:33 PM

With respect, Amar'e had a pretty stacked team in Phoenix. The Suns had Nash and Richardson who can put up points, starting with him. The Knicks, currently, have Amar'e, and then a distant rest of the team. Not a shock at all he's doing this. The rebounds would be if he continues it.

Hoopsadvocate
10-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Ill admit i didnt think hed perform as well without nash but did not expect his stats to drap as much as the OP exaggerates.

Still if amare still averages the same he did with nash in PHX now in NY thats 23ppg and 9 rpg compared to David lees 20 and 12. And defense isnt a factor because well there both pretty bad at it and both teams play little to no defense. So essentially the knicks payed about 40 million more for 3 more ppg and 3 less rebounds per game. And for a longer contract for a player with a much worse injury history.

Slimsim
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Ill admit i didnt think hed perform as well without nash but did not expect his stats to drap as much as the OP exaggerates.

Still if amare still averages the same he did with nash in PHX now in NY thats 23ppg and 9 rpg compared to David lees 20 and 12. And defense isnt a factor because well there both pretty bad at it and both teams play little to no defense. So essentially the knicks payed about 40 million more for 3 more ppg and 3 less rebounds per game. And for a longer contract for a player with a much worse injury history.

Also consider if Amare wasn't with NY would NY be in conversation to get melo ?

LeGacy is Music
10-20-2010, 02:02 PM

Didn't he have 30 against boston and the coach sat him out in the 4th quarter?

Hoopsadvocate
10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Also consider if Amare wasn't with NY would NY be in conversation to get melo ?

Yes, melo has long been linked to NY. He went to college in the area he was born in NY his wife started her career and loved the city. and even before amare he expressed nothing but good interest in NY.

So if amare wasnt with NY he would still consider it of course having a all star big helps but its not ny wouldnt be in the conversation anymore as u say.

Super.
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Didn't he have 30 against boston and the coach sat him out in the 4th quarter?

Yeah and New York still lost. A'mare can score points but if the rest of the team does nothing, NY will still struggle

tr4shb0t
10-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I like amare, but he still can't play defense. You know how far that gets you right?

Besides, the league loves to officiate new comers to a team like children. That way it gets all the fans thinking their team has a real shot and they go out and buy tickets and merchandise. Happens every year.

effen5
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Its preseason who cares

Giaps
10-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah and New York still lost. A'mare can score points but if the rest of the team does nothing, NY will still struggle
LOL pre-season wins and losses... c'mon. The starters didn't play in the 4th in any of those 2 games vs BOS so who really cares who won? What I do know is the starters were up 10 when they went out... The stats he's putting up are impressive.... but it's still preseason. No need for people to bash...

NBA forum is just plain hostile.

drobe86
10-20-2010, 03:21 PM
It's the preseason who cares? That being said he is a good player, but he will definately get overrated because he plays in New York.

mjqusoldier
10-20-2010, 03:23 PM

didnt we almost beat you guys with all our starters out of the game no amare for the whole game and you guys played rondo allen and pierce the 4th qrtr lmao.

CowboysKB24
10-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Nothing he does will matter unless the Knicks win something. They won't do that and may not even make the playoffs.

GMEN4EVER
10-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Dude, Amar'e has a 5 year contract genius, David Lee has a 6 year. 6>5 in any place in the universe. And David Lee put up stats, but he is not the same force on offense that Amar'e is, it's not even close. And Amar'e is better on defense, he's not good but David Lee was literally the worst big man in the game on defense, both statistically and by just watching the game. Also, Lee stole a lot of defensive rebounds from his team mates, he's one of the worst 20-10 players in history. He's a decent player to be sure, but he's nowhere close to being on STAT's level. Plus, Amar'e brings a different mentality to the game and is much more involved in the leadership role. He's a huge upgrade.

Slimsim
10-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Nothing he does will matter unless the Knicks win something. They won't do that and may not even make the playoffs.

So your saying they will underachieve like your Cowboys ?

Giaps
10-20-2010, 04:04 PM
True, but on the flip side, he would elevate his stature if he is able to carry them to the playoffs.

Chill_Will_24
10-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Funny how u were in the knicks game thread last night praising the knicks and in the NBA forum ur trying to discredit the performance. Man i tell you. I guess its good to be apart of popular opinion in the NBA forum. Lopez was in the game and Stat came in after. And I notice how u left out we didnt play Gallo,Mosgov,Chandler, Randolph who helped ballon the lead to 16 in the first place.:facepalm:

I praised Toney Douglas who was amazing out there... And several of your players who did well. I never gave props to Amare and I still don't. He was playing no name PFs and had a big game. I congratulated your team cuz it was a fun game and some of your guys played well. However I never praises Amare or Gallo. I think they are both highly overrated.

NYsFinest
10-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I praised Toney Douglas who was amazing out there... And several of your players who did well. I never gave props to Amare and I still don't. He was playing no name PFs and had a big game. I congratulated your team cuz it was a fun game and some of your guys played well. However I never praises Amare or Gallo. I think they are both highly overrated.

You don't have to give him props, but I hope you realize he would be the best player on your team.

mjqusoldier
10-20-2010, 06:34 PM

LMMFFFAAAOOOOO:clap::clap::clap:

arkanian215
10-20-2010, 07:17 PM

lulz

SeoulBeatz
10-20-2010, 07:32 PM

hah

braveniler58
10-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Younger by a year and Amare can probably average 10 rebounds. That's one of the Knicks weak spots ATM and Mike D will probably look for Amare to help out more on the rebounding.

Lol, good luck. We've been looking for him to help out more on the rebounding for years.

Kashmir13579
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, Amar'e was benched tonight. and the knicks got blown out by phili. what a surprise.

Chill_Will_24
10-20-2010, 10:06 PM
You don't have to give him props, but I hope you realize he would be the best player on your team.

I can believe that. I never said he's a bad player. Maybe you should look up the meaning of overrated. He's a star. He's just not as good as the Gentry/D'Antoni system makes him seem...

Slimsim
10-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Lol, good luck. We've been looking for him to help out more on the rebounding for years.

It's a crap shot but We are a horrible rebounding team. And need him to lead by example.

Kashmir13579
10-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Amar'e for MVP

whitemamba33
10-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Nothing is proven..the season didn't start yet.

/thread.

JnasD
10-20-2010, 10:19 PM
so your saying they will underachieve like your cowboys ?

roflmfao

Apophis
10-20-2010, 10:58 PM

:dance: lmao.. funny quote of the day...

koreancabbage
10-21-2010, 12:06 AM
preseason got you excited? dang you're going to be disapointed come regular season. NYK may not even make the playoffs but Amare will average 20+ points, don't know about 10 rebounds however.

Evolution23
10-21-2010, 12:58 AM
I can believe that. I never said he's a bad player. Maybe you should look up the meaning of overrated. He's a star. He's just not as good as the Gentry/D'Antoni system makes him seem...

First Amare is nothing without Nash. Then hes nothing withou D'antoni's system. Next hes nothing without his shoes. After that hes nothing without his magical underwear.

black1605
10-21-2010, 01:02 AM
While we're discussing preseason performance, DJ Augustin is putting up 15 ppg and 4apg win 29 mpg during the preseason, while shooting 56% from the field, and 64% from the three.

Preseason, sure, but people act like he is Chris Quinn or something.

Chill_Will_24
10-21-2010, 09:14 AM
First Amare is nothing without Nash. Then hes nothing withou D'antoni's system. Next hes nothing without his shoes. After that hes nothing without his magical underwear.

Well see but I think the system was more crucial to his game than the PG. Sure Nash is great but the system overblows stats like crazy. I mean who seriously thinks that Amare could step into the role of Duncan or Scola or Gasol or Garnett and dominate??? He needs that fast paced system while the system really doesn't need him. I bet any of those players could step into Amares role and do very well if not better. Amare can't rebound at all. Don't look too much into his 10 against the Nets reserve PFs either.

justinnum1
10-21-2010, 10:40 AM
While we're discussing preseason performance, DJ Augustin is putting up 15 ppg and 4apg win 29 mpg during the preseason, while shooting 56% from the field, and 64% from the three.

Preseason, sure, but people act like he is Chris Quinn or something.

I was at the miami game and saw him...he looked good and was making the 3. I wad impressed. Tho I must say, Arroyo is not a good defender.

Hustla23
10-21-2010, 11:52 AM
bahahahaha