PDA

View Full Version : ALCS: Was the Cano HR interference?

MacFitz92
10-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Imo, it was blatant interfernce. The ball was clearly catchable and the fans went over the wall to catch it.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-19-2010, 08:39 PM
If they win 1-0, then win the series in 7 games... Look back to this game.

TheGiantYankee
10-19-2010, 08:40 PM
The ball was clearly catch able? :laugh:

There was no way in hell he was catching that, the fat kid next to the Jeter jersey kid hit Cruz's glove after the ball went in the seats and that is what Cruz felt and that is why he jumped around and screamed

MacFitz92
10-19-2010, 08:41 PM
The ball was clearly catch able? :laugh2:

He was probably a foot away from it, who knew if he could have gotten to it? The fan didn't give him a chance.

TheGiantYankee
10-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Someone do your nice work and get a video cap up.

Jilly Bohnson
10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
It was not interference, however it was close enough and hte umpire was far enough away that there should have been replay. There's simply no way he got a good enough look. He lucked out in getting the call right.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 08:48 PM
if a fan even touches you when you are trying to catch a ball in fair territory it should be interference. they basically pushed his glove out of the way. :facepalm:

MacFitz92
10-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Someone do your nice work and get a video cap up.

I can't find one, if someone one will post one I'd appreciate it.

YanksNats1987
10-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Should've been reviewed, but the ball wasn't catchable. It was well over the wall and out of reach of the glove.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Should've been reviewed, but the ball wasn't catchable. It was well over the wall and out of reach of the glove.It hit the VERY edge of the wall, and his glove would have been at least a foot higher than that.

hype707
10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
If they win 1-0, then win the series in 7 games... Look back to this game.

now what? Yankees going to buy some more runs?

Rdy2PlayBall
10-19-2010, 09:01 PM
now what? Yankees going to buy some more runs?I said if they win 1-0 smartass. I guess it takes a "smart guy" like me to understand this stuff. :rolleyes:

lincecum=future
10-19-2010, 09:01 PM
ball was over the fence what the fans did was fair game. that one fat guy was still pushin cruz glove down against the wall but oh well thats baseball.

hype707
10-19-2010, 09:02 PM
I said if they win 1-0 smartass. I guess it takes a "smart guy" like me to understand this stuff. :rolleyes:

lol

bullocks
10-19-2010, 09:05 PM
EDIT: wrong thread

davids22
10-19-2010, 09:06 PM
That fat guy commited interference, even if the ball wasn't catchable. Theres no way the umpire could make 100% certain that the call was right. It should have been reviewed.

IF the hands weren't hanging over the wall (which they shouldnt be) then Cruz glove could have been a few inches higher, giving him a chance to catch it.

YanksNats1987
It hit the VERY edge of the wall, and his glove would have been at least a foot higher than that.

Explain what the very edge means? I'd love to hear that explanation.

The fan interfered but remember it was ruled a HR. A clear review would have to change it, there is nothing clear about the replay to prove that Cruz would've caught the ball. So...it's in the past now, forget about it.

NYY NYJ NYK
Should of been reviewed either way

lincecum=future
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
**** reviews the human element is what sets baseball apart from other sports

LeBitteNoir
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
ball was over the fence what the fans did was fair game. that one fat guy was still pushin cruz glove down against the wall but oh well thats baseball.

That's baseball? No. That's interference. There's a 3 foot slab of concrete separating the wall from the fans. Fans arms were clearly over the padded part of the wall. Try explaining how in the world that's NOT interference.

netsgiantsyanks
10-19-2010, 09:11 PM

There was no way in hell he was catching that, the fat kid next to the Jeter jersey kid hit Cruz's glove after the ball went in the seats and that is what Cruz felt and that is why he jumped around and screamed

thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you. oh, and thank you. :clap:

lincecum=future
10-19-2010, 09:12 PM
That's baseball? No. That's interference. There's a 3 foot slab of concrete separating the wall from the fans. Fans arms were clearly over the padded part of the wall. Try explaining how in the world that's NOT interference.

its baseball a review wont do ****. so your not going to call it a homerun because he might of caught it? no thats bull

metsbulls1025
10-19-2010, 09:12 PM
The player was touched by a fan in play so yes it was interference.

Cursed Rangers
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Should've been reviewed, but the ball wasn't catchable. It was well over the wall and out of reach of the glove.

What do you mean that wasn't catchable? If that white trash loser with his sideways hat didn't push Cruz's glove down it would have at least hit Cruz's glove.

Giraffes Rule
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
If a ball breaks the plane of the wall then the fans are allowed to try to catch it. The Cano homer landed on the concrete portion at the top of the wall, beyond the padded portion. It was definitely closer to the fans than it was to the field (I'm watching the replay on my TV).

I don't think Cruz timed the jump well enough or had enough height to make a play on the ball anyways though. It was at least a foot above his glove before the fans even touched him.

I don't like the Yankees, and those fans were acting like morons, but it wasn't interference. It's a shame we always see the idiot Yankee fans and not reasonable ones.

ShinobiNYC
10-19-2010, 09:15 PM
That fat guy commited interference, even if the ball wasn't catchable. Theres no way the umpire could make 100% certain that the call was right. It should have been reviewed.

IF the hands weren't hanging over the wall (which they shouldnt be) then Cruz glove could have been a few inches higher, giving him a chance to catch it.

That fat guy interfered once the ball was already in the stands....So no interference on the play.

YanksNats1987
10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
What do you mean that wasn't catchable? If that white trash loser with his sideways hat didn't push Cruz's glove down it would have at least hit Cruz's glove.

It wasn't catchable. That means...couldn't have been caught. Simple phrase actually, used very often in the game of baseball.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I understand that the picture helps you understand what the edge is, so why show it to me? Cartoon does not equal real life, fyi.You asked a question, I responded. I don't know what else you want from me, I can only teach you so little before it's nap time.

Jeffy25
10-19-2010, 09:21 PM
no

Hunter48MVP
10-19-2010, 09:25 PM
It look like Nelson Cruz was going to catch it. If the Yankees win this game by one the Rangers got screwed.

YanksNats1987
10-19-2010, 09:26 PM
You asked a question, I responded with a photo that I drew in pre-school. I don't know what else you want from me, I can only teach you so little before mom tucks me in.

Fixed.

Joking aside, we disagree. There's no point in talking about it anymore.

ShinobiNYC
10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
The ball was already in the stands when Cruz tried to make a play at it, it went OVER the fence(where the crowd have a right to make the play). The ball was never at any point on the field of play(where the fielder has the right to call interference):

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5192/canohr.jpg

hype707
10-19-2010, 09:30 PM
the yankees must have paid those fans to be there to take that outta Cruz's glove.... damn they never stop paying for things.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Fixed.

Joking aside, we disagree. There's no point in talking about it anymore.Hey, photoshoping something in a matter of minutes usually does not result in pretty things. :p

You disagree, some don't. It actually doens't mean much to me because the game is tied now. (for now, lol)

Driven
10-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Cruz was not going to catch the ball. It was close, but he was not catching it. However, that is not for us to determine. What needs to be determined is whether or not he has a chance to catch the ball.

At the end of the day, it needs to be reviewed, but the call of a HR was fine.

I just find it dumb that fans can have an effect on the on-the-field play.

lavell12
10-19-2010, 10:01 PM
i believe the rule is that if the fan interfers. in fair play then it is interfernece. Yes the ball was in the stands but the fans reached over in the field of play and interfered.

lavell12
10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
i think the rule should be based on the home versus road team. if the road team is trying to catch it should be an out and if the home team is interfered with it should be a homerun.

Driven
10-19-2010, 10:07 PM
i think the rule should be based on the home versus road team. if the road team is trying to catch it should be an out and if the home team is interfered with it should be a homerun.
I hope you're joking.

SportsAndrew25
10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
No it was not. Cruz had no chance to get that ball. That was deep into the stands. I am saying this as a Met fan.

ATL#22
10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
I hope you're joking.

Sounds good to me. Would make fans think twice before reaching for a close ball

Driven
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Sounds good to me. Would make fans think twice before reaching for a close ball
Yes, penalize one team and not the other because of fans. Not because of their own play, but because of people who are not playing in the game.

That is ridiculous. Especially considering that not all fans are fans of the home team.

Jamiecballer
10-19-2010, 11:08 PM
it was hard to tell whether he could have caught the ball but i was disturbed that they didn't even bother to look at the replay.

hugepatsfan
10-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Who the **** cares. Because the Yanks couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat and TEX is manking us look foolish. It doesn't mean ****.

Dark Donnie
10-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Prob been posted but

lol (http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/kingfish_15/YANKEEDOUCHE-2.gif)

JermanJaysFan
10-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Prob been posted but

lol (http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/kingfish_15/YANKEEDOUCHE-2.gif)

Guys like that are the reason the world hates the Yankees.

JermanJaysFan
10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
PS- Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEH7r85yrU

JermanJaysFan
10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
PS- Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEH7r85yrU

srchmaster
10-20-2010, 12:29 AM
The ball was already in the stands when Cruz tried to make a play at it, it went OVER the fence(where the crowd have a right to make the play). The ball was never at any point on the field of play(where the fielder has the right to call interference):

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5192/canohr.jpg

Rangers fan here, that is as good of a shot as we are going to get. The ball is clearly out Cruz's reach.

GoatMilk
10-20-2010, 12:34 AM
interference or not, i dont care
still think its BS that they didnt review it

JCmasta
10-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Just saw that Indians-Yanks fan interference replay on ESPN, boy there would be holes in the wall if that happened here. Esp after the way the refs dogged the cowboys sunday.

The Cano home run was in the seats so whatever, let it go.

gnomenamedgnorm
10-20-2010, 01:20 AM
May or may not have been catchable. I do not think it was interference however. Definitely should have been reviewed as many others have already said at the very least to eject fat boy on the far left for slapping NC's glove. Also, the umpire pretty much lost all credibility when he called Berkman's hit a HR when it was clearly foul.

SleepeyT
10-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Animated GIF of guy who caught the ball.

Stay classy, NY fans.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1286/yankeedouche.gif

Save Mattingly
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Where is thread and all the outrage over the bartman ball that gardner was interfered on? I guess its not important when the call can help texas and hurt NY.

Fact is you play on and texas did just that. They played, played well and now NYs back is against the wall.

koreancabbage
10-20-2010, 12:22 PM
i say if it gets that close to the wall, and you have fans sitting right at the edge, too bad.
works both ways

Bronxbombers182
10-20-2010, 12:37 PM
The ball was in the stands, before Cruz had a chance. The fan hits his glove after the ball is in the stands.

Eicholtz
10-20-2010, 12:45 PM
It was in 1996 too.

OneTuzSea
10-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Cubs have Seve Bartman, Rangers have "the fat guy".

G-Menfan4lyfe
10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
I think the ball would have been a homerun, but the fans didnt allow Cruz a shot to rob it which I think he could have possibly done but its not 100% that he would of.

The fans did interefere because Cruz wasn't able to get his glove up cuz so many fans were trying to get their hands on the ball.

Regardless it doesn't matter because the Ranger's ended up donkey stomping the yankees anyways. :D

As a Mets fan and a fan of Josh Hamilton as a player, Im am pleased with what i watched last night.

D1JM
10-20-2010, 12:58 PM
The ball was in the stands, before Cruz had a chance. The fan hits his glove after the ball is in the stands.

the guys there clearly hit his glove, stoping him from even getting close to ball.

misterd
10-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Where is thread and all the outrage over the bartman ball that gardner was interfered on? I guess its not important when the call can help texas and hurt NY.

Fact is you play on and texas did just that. They played, played well and now NYs back is against the wall.

When the ball is clearly in the seats (as it was with Gardner's play) the fan can interfere all he wants. There really was no dispute on that play.

As for the homer...

1) To me it is clear that the ball was not going to find a glove. I don't believe interference should have been called.

2) It is ******** that the umps didn't review the call.

3) That fan is a dick.

misterd
10-20-2010, 05:59 PM
i say if it gets that close to the wall, and you have fans sitting right at the edge, too bad.
works both ways

I don't believe the rules care what you say. If the ball was past the wall, the fans could grab at it like a prom date. But until that point is reached, hands off.

JWall2010
10-20-2010, 10:45 PM
yes it was the yankees so obviously it was interference.

One Nut Kruk
10-21-2010, 01:56 AM

Every ball that went into the stands, I saw some humongous slob. Lot of fatty's in New York.

Joe88
10-21-2010, 03:09 AM
the guys there clearly hit his glove, stoping him from even getting close to ball.

the fact he had to reach into the stands to get the ball means it was out and is fair game to the fans to get it

TheNatural
10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
I loved the part where the one guy flipped off Cruz and then later in the game he blasted one in the second deck.

That shot was clearly non-reviewable by the way.

Cano's homer was definitely close. I don't care that they didn't review it, but I would have liked to see that same loser flip off Cruz outside a ball game. Cruz is a large man.

Joe88
10-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Animated GIF of guy who caught the ball.

Stay classy, NY fans.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1286/yankeedouche.gif

funny because tonights cruz hr, a ranger fan pretty much did this exact same thing to gardner