PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Most Physically Imposing Player in the NBA Today?

ko8e24
10-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Who is the most physically imposing player in the NBA today?

Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic)

LeBron James (Miami Heat)

Shaquille O'Neal (Boston Celtics)

Gerald Wallace (Charlotte BBobcats)

Ron Artest (Los Angeles Lakers)

Kendrick Perkins (Boston Celtics)

Al Jefferson (Utah Jazz)

Discuss

xxcubs22xx
10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
LBJ, because of his unmatched athleticism.

_Supreme_
10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Jeremy Lin

Gators123
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
This guy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3149/photos;_ylt=AigamGE2cbfmTBr5hsfCqWsjPKB4#photoView er=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cap%3A20050301%3An ba%2Cphoto%2C7e9a4c9d234e449493dcb217d09bda42%3A1

Minimal
10-19-2010, 08:01 PM
LeBron James.
This 2 videos can explain why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frEAiQWvOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjv1NG6EdU&feature=related
His athleticism as mentioned above.

Raidaz4Life
10-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Lbj

WrongIslander
10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
PHYSICALLY Imposing, not athletic.

It's Dwight Howard.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
physically imposing, dwight howard since hes just a man amongst boys out there.

also ron artest has to be one of the most physical players out there.

gotta give perkins props as well.

i.got.the.nutz
10-19-2010, 08:21 PM
can't see how its not lebron james

TylerSL
10-19-2010, 08:23 PM
PHYSICALLY Imposing, not athletic.

It's Dwight Howard.

dude, its LBJ. He is only 15 pounds lighter than Howard and Howard is 3 inches taller.........

evadatam5150
10-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Who is the most physically imposing player in the NBA today?

Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic)

LeBron James (Miami Heat)

Shaquille O'Neal (Boston Celtics)

Gerald Wallace (Charlotte BBobcats)

Ron Artest (Los Angeles Lakers)

Kendrick Perkins (Boston Celtics)

Al Jefferson (Utah Jazz)

Discuss

If you're specifically speaking Physical then it has to be Dwight Howard, dude's a freak..

td0tsfinest
10-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Anybody that can take a charge when Lebron is running full speed, deserves a medal.

nuggetsyankees
10-19-2010, 08:37 PM
in comparison to people at their position, it has to be LBJ...he's unmatched athleticly...some players can contain Dwight

WrongIslander
10-19-2010, 08:38 PM
dude, its LBJ. He is only 15 pounds lighter than Howard and Howard is 3 inches taller.........

Have you never seen interviews where no matter how tall the guy is when they give him the choice of quicker or taller they ALWAYS take taller.

WrongIslander
10-19-2010, 08:41 PM
in comparison to people at their position, it has to be LBJ...he's unmatched athleticly...some players can contain Dwight

That's because C is a position where defense is far more important and they control him due to the fact he's not as technically gifted as LeBron, not because he's more physically imposing.

nickdymez
10-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Kendrick Perkins is fat

jeter 2
10-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Kobe Bryant

tredigs
10-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Have you never seen interviews where no matter how tall the guy is when they give him the choice of quicker or taller they ALWAYS take taller.

No. Wth are you talking about, specifically?

For the question: More physically imposing on a basketball court, or if you had to fight one of these guys? Either way, I'd go with Lebron James (assuming we're not knowing anything about their background). Anyone that big, that athletic, who can jump that high and dribble-drive that fast is just ****ing physically intimidating to the opposition.

Take his play last night for instance; Dwight Howard could never, ever in his life pull something like this off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMUp0dnF0QQ.

I guess it depends on your definition of "intimidating" (Ben Wallace enters the argument as well, much more so than a guy like Artest - who he has punked out a few times before), but from a basketball standpoint, it's LBJ.

justinnum1
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Lebron

Ragun
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
lbj

WrongIslander
10-19-2010, 09:21 PM
No. Wth are you talking about, specifically?

For the question: More physically imposing on a basketball court, or if you had to fight one of these guys? Either way, I'd go with Lebron James (assuming we're not knowing anything about their background). Anyone that big, that athletic, who can jump that high and dribble-drive that fast is just ****ing physically intimidating to the opposition.

Take his play last night for instance; Dwight Howard could never, ever in his life pull something like this off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMUp0dnF0QQ.

I guess it depends on your definition of "intimidating" (Ben Wallace enters the argument as well, much more so than a guy like Artest - who he has punked out a few times before), but from a basketball standpoint, it's LBJ.

That wasn't physical, it was athletic. So what if Dwight couldn't throw down as hard in an empty lane, what he can do is go up vertically (not using pace) and throw right down on your head no matter how tall you are.

The guy is getting better all the time and physically has a much higher ceiling than LeBron because LeBron's game is based more on trickery and speed than physicality. Obviously they all link together to make LeBron the better player but the more physically imposing? Not for me.

Also why is only offense being taken into consideration? Two way Dwight Howard is the most physically imposing presence in the league.

tredigs
10-19-2010, 09:36 PM
That wasn't physical, it was athletic. So what if Dwight couldn't throw down as hard in an empty lane, what he can do is go up vertically (not using pace) and throw right down on your head no matter how tall you are.

The guy is getting better all the time and physically has a much higher ceiling than LeBron because LeBron's game is based more on trickery and speed than physicality. Obviously they all link together to make LeBron the better player but the more physically imposing? Not for me.

Also why is only offense being taken into consideration? Two way Dwight Howard is the most physically imposing presence in the league.

A back handspring is "athletic". The speed + power of that dunk was beyond regular athleticism and into the realm of intimidation. Something that big + strong shouldn't be able to have that type of quickness and leaping ability. And nobody else in the NBA does. Period.

I understand where you're coming from, but from a basketball standpoint Dwight is just not in the same league as Lebron from a physical standpoint. They're close in size/strength, but worlds apart in speed+athleticism+ raw capability in the open court. That, to me, makes him a much more intimidating player on the court.

And it's not as if Lebron's not exactly intimidating on the defensive end either. When starters in the NBA literally turn their heads before trying to throw it down any time they have a fast-break with Lebron on the court (and for good reason), it's probably a good sign you're intimidating them on that end as well.

Khalifa21
10-19-2010, 09:37 PM
It's LeBron and it's not close.

The guy is probably the most physically imposing player in NBA history (alongside prime Shaq and Wilt). There has never been, and probably never will be a guy with the same physical attributes as LeBron.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-19-2010, 09:49 PM
i do believe blake griffin is/will be more physically imposing than LBJ.

sep11ie
10-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Aaron Brooks, and its not even close.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-19-2010, 10:02 PM
guarentee Blake Griffin will be a top 10 player in the next couple years barring all injuries.

tangent12
10-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Korver.

Pack_Attack6
10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
I'd say Dwight he looks massive and ripped. no homo

DreamShaker
10-19-2010, 11:21 PM
If I was playing...I would least likely want to have to guard Ron Artest. The guy is built like a truck and is crazy. I would bet he is the pound for pound strongest guy in the NBA.

Also Yao and Shaq. Both are slowed by age/injury but those are two huge men.

masalex1205
10-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Lebron without a doubt

Gambeezy
10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
If I was playing...I would least likely want to have to guard Ron Artest. The guy is built like a truck and is crazy. I would bet he is the pound for pound strongest guy in the NBA.

Also Yao and Shaq. Both are slowed by age/injury but those are two huge men.

You mean the guy that got packed by Nate Robinson? Physically Imposing indeed.

It's Lebron. The only other argument you could make is for Dwight.

TylerSL
10-19-2010, 11:44 PM
i do believe blake griffin is/will be more physically imposing than LBJ.

:pity:

mjt20mik
10-20-2010, 12:19 AM
LeBron James.
This 2 videos can explain why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frEAiQWvOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjv1NG6EdU&feature=related
His athleticism as mentioned above.

Those videos were very interesting.. good post :)

RulerSlick
10-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Lebron or dwight

Aapox
10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
It's obviously Dwight Howard with Lebron being the second most and Shaq being the third.

Raph12
10-20-2010, 12:58 AM

Dwight's 275lbs (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/09/29/dwight-howard-arrives-to-camp-bigger-expects-to-be-better/), it's just not updated yet on the NBA site and according to Lebron, he's slimmed down this summer as well.

Here is Lebron blocking Dwight and falling to the floor just because of the sheer strength difference between the two players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh5UhB4TG4
Now how often does the player blocking fall down vs the player getting blocked. Trust me, Dwight a physical specimen, his strength is unmatched in today's league, then throw in his animal athleticism and the answer is clear....

The most physically imposing... Easily Dwight.

The_Jamal
10-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Aaron Brooks, and its not even close.

:laugh: the t-mac gif is freaking amazing

smiddy012
10-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Lbj

Mplsman
10-20-2010, 02:38 AM
Lebron and Dwight

xxcubs22xx
10-20-2010, 02:59 AM
T-Mac for example would be on the opposite side of the spectrum...

lol I agree jamal...

I LOVE THAT SIG!!!!

Khalifa21
10-20-2010, 03:38 AM
Dwight's 275lbs (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/09/29/dwight-howard-arrives-to-camp-bigger-expects-to-be-better/), it's just not updated yet on the NBA site and according to Lebron, he's slimmed down this summer as well.

Many people where claiming LeBron was 270 last year, so it's not illogical that he's "slimmed down" to about 260lbs, so I don't see the point you're trying to make... :shrug:

Here is Lebron blocking Dwight and falling to the floor just because of the sheer strength difference between the two players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh5UhB4TG4
Now how often does the player blocking fall down vs the player getting blocked.

A lot of times. When a player jumps as high as LeBron did to block Dwight's shot it's gonna be hard for the body to readjust itself in mid air after contact to allow for a smooth, soft landing. LeBron clearly just lost his legs in mid air meaning when he landed he didn't land in an upright base. It has nothing to do with Dwight's strength. MOre the height LeBron reached when he jumped to block the shot.

Trust me, Dwight a physical specimen, his strength is unmatched in today's league, then throw in his animal athleticism and the answer is clear....

The most physically imposing... Easily Dwight.

LeBron is fractionally smaller, but the combination of LeBron's size, strength, speed and co-ordination has never been seen in this league and probably never will be again. LeBron is the more physically imposing player and it's not close.

jmtapia
10-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Lbj

Kashmir13579
10-20-2010, 04:29 AM
amar'e is in the convo if your not a knick hater.

Kashmir13579
10-20-2010, 04:32 AM
moochie norris, and its not even close

Wade>You
10-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Shaq.

Kefman2110
10-20-2010, 05:12 AM
I know alot of people dont agree with this but im goin to say Dirk, hes a massive 7 footer who is so athletic. im not a mavs fan either.

Demon11
10-20-2010, 05:42 AM
I know alot of people dont agree with this but im goin to say Dirk, hes a massive 7 footer who is so athletic. im not a mavs fan either.

Can someone translate please? I can't comprehend this.

Lebron, probably forever.

Wade>You
10-20-2010, 05:46 AM
I know alot of people dont agree with this but im goin to say Dirk, hes a massive 7 footer who is so athletic. im not a mavs fan either.It's ok, Dirk has been overrated for a while now.

Bullsfan22
10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Lebron's mixture of size,speed and strength is UNMATCHED in this league. when you factor in his speed I think he wins out against Lebron.

Shaq in his prime beats out both in my opinion.

sep11ie
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
:laugh: the t-mac gif is freaking amazing

T-Mac for example would be on the opposite side of the spectrum...

lol I agree jamal...

I LOVE THAT SIG!!!!

I get that a lot. Thanks.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Lebron.

He's as big as some C's and PF's out there.

Hoopsadvocate
10-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Its between dwight and lebron and the rest arent even close.

This is a quote that announcers said on a local heat game about lebron response to people trying to stop him when hes driving hard to the basket.

"They can try to stop me and hit me, but just know they will also be getting hit, probably even harder"

Refering to the power he uses when exploding to the basket i mean i rather not get in that guys way. And i could say the same for howard. Except howard just from a inside the paint. Meanwhile lebron can impose his physicality anywhere on the court guarding you or running through you.

jonnyk124
10-20-2010, 05:21 PM
amare stoudemire is beast. especially so far in preseason

scutch11
10-20-2010, 05:24 PM
if its players that thrive on physicality, i think the top 3 go:

howard
LBJ
amar'e

TragicallyHip
10-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Reading the thread title, I immediately thought Dwight and Perkins.

yoseppii12
10-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Dwight or Shaq. Just off weight and length and where they play on the court they have the more physcial power because of their ability to leverage their weight. Watch old videos of Shaq move Hakeem the Dream around with one arm. Talk about Physically imposing.

Dwight Howard is the same as Shaq except her's more ripped less weight. Lebron would be 2nd only because he weighs less than Dwight. (15 pounds someone said) When you have someone as tall and heavy as Dwight or Shaq moving in the post they are more physically imposing than LBJ. LBJ can only dunk so much in a game. Dwight is in the post at all times, banging on offense and defense. This shouldnt even be a question no way Lebron is more physically imposing, not a chance. When you shoot the ball the majority of the game you are not physically imposing. Dwight gets more blocks, fouls, and post scores then Lebron.

On the other hand, this thread is very unclear because obviously out of freakish altheticism it goes 1. LBJ 2. Dwight Howard

da wood
10-20-2010, 06:09 PM
reading the thread title, i immediately thought dwight and perkins.

my man you thought right i dont know what the hell all these people are in here talking about the thread ask for the most physical player in the game today. Its not labron he doesnt even play a physycal game which is a back to the basket type of game nor does he play a physical style d either ala ron ron. You guys really need to know what the question is before you answer being a physical player has nothing to do with how fast you are or how athletic you are its about the physicality you bring to the game. Bron brings it but hes def not the most physical guy in the game. Dwight ron or maybe even perk and remember shaq is still in the game today. And he is a brusing physical player still..

Wisdom Listens
10-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Dwight Howard's shoulders.

lavilevi23
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Lebron now and Shaq in his prime.

Celts437
10-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Dwight plays the most physically imposing basketball right now. Noone is even close to Shaq in his prime.

Minimal
10-20-2010, 07:23 PM
my man you thought right i dont know what the hell all these people are in here talking about the thread ask for the most physical player in the game today. Its not labron he doesnt even play a physycal game which is a back to the basket type of game nor does he play a physical style d either ala ron ron. You guys really need to know what the question is before you answer being a physical player has nothing to do with how fast you are or how athletic you are its about the physicality you bring to the game. Bron brings it but hes def not the most physical guy in the game. Dwight ron or maybe even perk and remember shaq is still in the game today. And he is a brusing physical player still..
LeBron not playing physical?
Check out how he takes of your Ron before saying that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycapVJIFJSI
IMO Artest hardly can stop Lebron with his "physical" defence and u saying Ron is more physically imposing? He would destroy Ron anyday.
The answer to this question lies between LBJ and Howard, not anyone else.

TylerSL
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM

literally one of the stupidest posts on PSD. That is sig worthy :pity:

Stunner
10-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Earl Boykins

MiamiWadeCounty
10-20-2010, 09:00 PM
:facepalm: to this thread. cmon its not even close. mike james is the post physically gifted and imposing human to walk this earth.

omdigga
10-21-2010, 08:03 AM
timofey mosgov and its not even close.

TheGoodGerman
10-21-2010, 08:40 AM
D12 nowadays.
Past: Robert Traylor.

zBlackMamba24z
10-21-2010, 09:01 AM
It's got to be Ron Artest.