PDA

View Full Version : Damn.. was I wrong!

Jamiecballer
10-19-2010, 03:13 PM
I was wrong. I thought this year's Jays would be absolutely horrific offensively and said so before the season and as late as the end of May. I thought it was a bunch of journey-men and unproven kids and we would be dead last in runs scored. I went so far as to say that "this was the worst lineup since the Lovely Ladies in Baseball Stars".

Instead we got one of the more exciting seasons of baseball we have had in a long time and as a Jays fans I am grateful for that. Here's to even better seasons ahead!

Gibby
10-20-2010, 02:23 AM
i think we can be better next seasons but some people believe we will have to take a step back before taking another step forward.

wamco
10-20-2010, 08:14 AM
I recall this, I defended the Ladies. Those girls had moxy.

Shifty1 69
10-20-2010, 08:41 AM
haha.... moxy.:D
Sadly I vaguely remember this conversation... :rolleyes:

JetLi
10-20-2010, 08:50 AM
I was excited for the team this year. I felt we had a chance to be right around where they ended up. I had fun watching this year. Hopefully it's another good year next year.

miller74
10-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Ya i remember that baseball stars reference

Kelly Gruber
10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I was actually pretty optomistic about our offence before the season. Took a bit of greif here when I said, "top to bottom, this line-up has some guys that can burn you." There was some scoffs and STD references, and that's about it.

It was actually the pitching that surprised me. Either way, it was a positive, building season for the Jays and AA. Hopefully we can build on this year and not regress.

1hardcore
10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Last year the jays hit 200 hrs

This year it's like what ?? more than 250!!!

The only problem was obps. There were waaay too many solo shots!!! The jays just need a good 1 , 2 punch at the top of the order ! Gaston was pretty stupid putting Hill there for like almost half the year. .. I expect like waaaaaaay more runs next year !!!

The pitching will get better too!!

So....
the needs for the jays..

Bull pen help BIG TIME!!!!
I hope Bruce Walton focusses on them alot this offseason

5th starter. Maybe Scrabbles will improve

A lead off. I'm not sure if Lewis is the answer or Escobar is the answer, but regardless It should improve now!!!!!

GNick
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I can't remember what I predicted but thought we would be fairly good. I never did think we were bad as 2009 looked. Injuries to 4 of our top pitchers made us look worse than we were.

wamco
10-21-2010, 08:00 AM
I nearly bought baseball stars (for the 3rd time) the other day. There is a new top loading system now for nes, genesis and snes games. 70 bucks though.

bartron_44
10-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I remember the reference too....lol

I was always optimistic about this years team. I actually said I thought we had a legit shot at 6 or 7 guys with 20+ HR's (made an entire thread on it if you want to check it..:) ). Some agreed, but most people laughed and ridiculed me...

I also said I thought our starting staff had a chance at being overall then last years......which they were. that one really was laughed at with the departure of Doc, but not so funny now is it fellas....you know who you are .... :P

If we can sure up that bullpen again like it was a few years ago, and get a few guys at the top of the order with OBP's on the plus side of .350 or so for a full season, then I think our team is looking very solid for years to come. Escobar should be one of those guys hopefully next year, but not too sure who the other will be...I wonder if Seattle would be interested in trading Figgins since he flopped their this year? He is a solid player, and he would fill 2 holes for us since he can play 3B. Even in a down year he still had an OBP of .340 with 42 SB's.

I wonder what it would take to pry him away from Seattle?

ink
10-22-2010, 11:57 PM
I thought Alex Anthopolous would suck, given that he was a protege of JP. Turns out that I was completely wrong and he did an amazing job. He's put the team right back on track and his moves are both creative and solid. Five stars for him.

This was an exciting season IMO.

wamco
10-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Imagine how exciting it would have been if Roy and Rolen were still here for the season.