PDA

View Full Version : Line Changes

OneTuzSea
10-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Devils coach John MacLean switched up his lines again for today’s practice. The line of Zach Parise, Travis Zajac and Dainius Zubrus remained intact from Saturday’s 4-1 loss to Boston, but MacLean changed one player on each of the other three lines.

He put Patrik Elias at left wing and switched Ilya Kovalchuk back to right wing on a line with rookie Jacob Josefson as the center. He replaced Elias with Rod Pelley at left wing on the line with Jason Arnott and Jamie Langenbrunner and shifted David Clarkson to the fourth line with Adam Mair at the left wing and Tim Sestito at center.

MacLean is hoping Pelley’s energy will rub off on his new linemates.

“I think Pelley has played well and Pelley has got some good energy there,” MacLean said. “Hopefully, he’ll give a little zip to the line and forecheck and help them out. Jason has got a good shot. We need to get those lines going.”

When asked if he thought MacLean was searching for combinations that might work, Langenbrunner replied, “We have one win. I think we’re looking for something, yeah. Obviously, what we were doing wasn’t working, so we’re trying something.”

Putting Pelley with Arnott and Langenbrunner might be viewed as a promotion for Pelley, who played well on the fourth line, or a demotion for Arnott and Langenbrunner, who played sparingly in the third period Saturday.

“He’s played well,” Langenbrunner said of Pelley. “I suppose they think that he can bring his energy and the way he has been playing to us because Arnie and I have not played well the last few games and we know that and today’s practice watching the way (Pelley is) just out there working hard is something we all need to do. I think they tried to do that by the way they put somebody on every line. They’re trying get that attitude back.”

More (http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_shuffle_lines_again_langenbrunner_arnie_and _i_have_not_played_well_t/)

OneTuzSea
10-19-2010, 09:53 AM
So.. what we're looking at is

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus
Elias - Josefson - Kovalchuk
Pelley - Arnott - Lanbenbrunner
Mair - Sestito - Clarkson

I haven't seen the last two games so no idea how Josefson or Sestito look, but I like the top 2 lines. Zubrus has been very good and if Josefson lives up to the hype we have 2 solid lines.

I think this also brings us closer to keeping Zubrus and trading Lanbenbrunner.

benzni
10-19-2010, 12:06 PM
I think kovy, parise, and zajac should stay together but hopefully we start to click

Freekshow187187
10-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I like them other then I don't think clarkson should be on the fourth line I think he's played good other then, like are entire team, get goals but I think zubrus will be good for the z line because he fits how zajac and parise play more battling against the boards working it behind the net setting plays up while I think josefson, who I think looks really good, will fit well with kovy and Elias because it will be more of a rush line if that makes sense and sestito has looked very good and so has pelley and Mir bring alot of energy good hitting even got a couple of chances last game just off their forecheck but corrente didn't have that great of a game though but I think he will be ok

OneTuzSea
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
I think kovy, parise, and zajac should stay together but hopefully we start to click

I wouldn't be surprised if we went back to that later on. But right something has to be done. Offense just hasn't been finishing anything.

Bricklayer
10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Putting a guy who is capable of scoring 20 on the 4th line is absurd. Putting 2 vets who regularly score 20+ on the 3rd line is just as goofy.

I'd like to see.

Parise Zajac Langenbrunner
Elias Arnott Kovy
Clarkson Josefson Zubrus
Mair Pelley Sestito

TRUTH-TELLER
10-27-2010, 08:57 AM
JOHN MACLEAN DEVILS COACH 2010-2010

this *** hat is the wrong fit for the team...and p.s. fat lou get a real defensman you old **** diaper.

pronger, jovocop

stuff like that