PDA

View Full Version : NLCS Game 3: Phillies (1) vs Giants (1) - 10/19, 4:00 pm ET

-Lavigne43-
10-18-2010, 07:33 PM
http://s7.tinypic.com/kag58j_th.jpg

http://s6.tinypic.com/23kptex_th.jpg-----------http://s6.tinypic.com/a0us08_th.jpg

Philadelphia Phillies (1) -@- San Francisco Giants (1)

Time: Tuesday, October 19 - 4:00 PM ET

TV: FOX

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4e/AT%26T_Park.svg/200px-AT%26T_Park.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2a/AT%26T_Park.jpg/300px-AT%26T_Park.jpg

Pitching Matchup

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/shared/scripts/validator.jsp?url=http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_430935.jpg&other=http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_default.jpg----------http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/shared/scripts/validator.jsp?url=http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_430912.jpg&other=http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_default.jpg

PHI: LHP Cole Hamels (1-0, 0.00) (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4972&position=P) vs SFG: RHP Matt Cain (0-0, 0.00) (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4732&position=P)

Offensive Statistics

http://s6.tinypic.com/352pw5s_th.jpg (http://www.fangraphs.com/winss.aspx?team=Phillies&pos=all&stats=bat&qual=0&type=1&season=2010&month=0)----------- http://s6.tinypic.com/zu4n4y_th.jpg (http://www.fangraphs.com/winss.aspx?team=Giants&pos=all&stats=bat&qual=0&type=1&season=2010&month=0)

TheRuckus
10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
As I said in the Game 2 thread, I expect the Phillies to win the next two and hopefully close another team out on the road.

d79cheese
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
cain pitches well at at&t, hamels does not. hopefully the trend continues.....

d79cheese
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
As I said in the Game 2 thread, I expect the Phillies to win the next two and hopefully close another team out on the road.

that would be asking a lot for a team to come and win 3 on the road, at a place they historically have not played tremendously well, against 3 very good pitchers. giants win 2 of 3 in SF and see what happens back in philly.....

Gigantes4Life
10-18-2010, 07:57 PM

And I expect the Giants to win their next 7 games, all with a 10-0 score.

TheRuckus
10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
And I expect the Giants to win their next 7 games, all with a 10-0 score.

You'd better get some guys on base for Cockface Ross then. :p

Gigantes4Life
10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
You'd better get some guys on base for Cockface Ross then. :p

If by Cockface you mean Mr. Doctober, then probably.

TheRuckus
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
On a serious note, can we as fans stop with all this Mr. October ********? Christ, it's getting so that any swinging dick who has a half-decent game is suddenly "MR. OCTOBERRTZ ZOMGZZZZZ"

Cody Ross will fade back into irrelevance soon enough.

Gigantes4Life
10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
On a serious note, can we as fans stop with all this Mr. October ********? Christ, it's getting so that any swinging dick who has a half-decent game is suddenly "MR. OCTOBERRTZ ZOMGZZZZZ"

This just in: Mr. Doctober just paid for the Misses' dinner.

CHRISDODGERS
10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
:facepalm:

MooseWithFleas
10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Coming into the playoffs I felt like Hamels was our best pitcher. I still feel that way. He has been unstoppable. I also think we will touch up Cain a bit, 7-1 victory.

TheRuckus
10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Coming into the playoffs I felt like Hamels was our best pitcher. I still feel that way. He has been unstoppable. I also think we will touch up Cain a bit, 7-1 victory.

If you don't think that Cain will throw a 27-strikeout perfect game and Cody Ross will hit 12 grand slams in one inning off of Hamels...well, sir, I am sorry to say that you are a homer.

metsfaninSTL
10-18-2010, 10:44 PM
im hoping the giants can win at home

GoatMilk
10-18-2010, 10:50 PM
San Francisco

SFGiants4life
10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Giants take 2/3 at home, i think we lose tomorrow, win game 4 and 5

Mopped_you
10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Cole will dominate. It's amazing how much success the Phillies lineup has against Cain. Not to mention that Cole is a much different pitcher since the Giants last saw him.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-18-2010, 11:43 PM
This series isn't leaving San Francisco.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Aubrey Huff is going to hit a 3-run home run in the first inning. Book it.

SouthSideRookie
10-18-2010, 11:49 PM

Nice, then my prediction of Phillies in 5 will happen.

Giants-49ers-Ws
10-18-2010, 11:52 PM
gigantes

CHRISDODGERS
10-18-2010, 11:53 PM

Yup, Phills in 5.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Nice, then my prediction of Phillies in 5 will happen.

Your a phillies fan...

Yup, Phills in 5.

...and your a dodgers fan. Neither of your opinions matter. Giants sweep the home part of this series.

TheRuckus
10-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Your a phillies fan...

...and your a dodgers fan. Neither of your opinions matter. Giants sweep the home part of this series.

And you are an abject Giants homer. What's your point?

Nobody's opinions "matter". What matters is what happens on the field.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that you are about to be one sad little Giants fanboy.

Jack of Blades
10-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Cliff Lee.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Your a phillies fan...

and your opinion matters just because you are a Giant fan? neither of us play for the Giants or the Phillies so we have no control... that's my point. making blank predictions with no backing makes no sense.

d79cheese
Cole will dominate. It's amazing how much success the Phillies lineup has against Cain. Not to mention that Cole is a much different pitcher since the Giants last saw him.

if i remember correctly, hamels supposedly turned it around in july. most phillies fans say that we haven't seen this cole hamels, but yet we roughed him up in the middle of august in philly. now this doesn't mean that we are going to jump all over hamels again. he is a great pitcher and pitching amazing, but so is cain. and if it is expected for past success of phillies hitters over cain, then why can it not be expected for hamels to struggle at the park where he has constantly struggled, and has his worst career numbers at? again, not saying the giants are going to win or touch up hamels, but it gets really annoying when people continually cherry pick stats and past peformances to justify why a certain player and team will dominate.

TheRuckus
Cliff Lee.

You're welcome.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Cliff Lee.

:laugh2:

/thread

I wanna see Cliff Lee face Cody Ross infused with Cliff Lee blood though.

The_Mac22
10-19-2010, 12:05 AM

:cool:

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 12:05 AM
And you are an abject Giants homer. What's your point?

Nobody's opinions "matter". What matters is what happens on the field.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that you are about to be one sad little Giants fanboy.

this iss really the best thing that has been said about this series for the week. at the end of the day, who cares what other fans say...it has nothing to do with what is going to happen on the field. only thing that matters is what happens on the field these next 3 -5 games

ronfin
10-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Your a phillies fan...

...and you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". Congrats.

lol @ the Giants sweeping anything at home except the confetti left from one of their "other" parades. I bet you teach the Y-M-C-A dance in your spare time.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 12:07 AM
no im rite and yer rong

TheRuckus
10-19-2010, 12:08 AM
no im rite and yer rong

nuh uh u iz teh dumz

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 12:10 AM
nuh uh u iz teh dumz

go giants lol philyeyes we gon go places

Hide yo wife!

ronfin
10-19-2010, 12:11 AM
go giants lol philyeyes we gon go places

Hide yo wife!

lol

Mopped_you
10-19-2010, 12:21 AM
if i remember correctly, hamels supposedly turned it around in july. most phillies fans say that we haven't seen this cole hamels, but yet we roughed him up in the middle of august in philly. now this doesn't mean that we are going to jump all over hamels again. he is a great pitcher and pitching amazing, but so is cain. and if it is expected for past success of phillies hitters over cain, then why can it not be expected for hamels to struggle at the park where he has constantly struggled, and has his worst career numbers at? again, not saying the giants are going to win or touch up hamels, but it gets really annoying when people continually cherry pick stats and past peformances to justify why a certain player and team will dominate.

Actually, I said that because Hamels faced the Giants on August 19th and they roughed him up. Since that start he's pitched in 9 games, 56.2 innings, and has a 1.44 ERA. Not cherry picking at all, but I think a lot of Phillies fans look at that start against the Giants as a turning point where he went from average at best to REALLY good. His cutter has gotten better as the season went on. Matt Cain is great and has been consistent all year; when the Phillies faced him they got him good and I don't think much has changed since than. That is why they play the game though, anything can obviously happen.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Philly fans can you answer me this question... has Hamels thrown harder the last couple of games? I remember he was around 89-90 for a while and last game against the reds he was touching 93-94.

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Actually, I said that because Hamels faced the Giants on August 19th and they roughed him up. Since that start he's pitched in 9 games, 56.2 innings, and has a 1.44 ERA. Not cherry picking at all, but I think a lot of Phillies fans look at that start against the Giants as a turning point where he went from average at best to REALLY good. His cutter has gotten better as the season went on. Matt Cain is great and has been consistent all year; when the Phillies faced him they got him good and I don't think much has changed since than. That is why they play the game though, anything can obviously happen.

obviously hamels has been great since that start in august, but he also had a tremendous july. the one thing i will say about cain is he obviously is a much better pitcher at home because of the ballpark, but even in that game against the phillies in august he only gave up 2 earned runs, his defense really let him down. i wasn't trying to single you out on the cherry picking stats because you haven't really done it. but too many people have been doing it (many giants fans too). i just prefer to let the action on the field do the talking. obviously phillies fans have every right to feel confident with hamels on the mound, but giants fans have plenty of reasons to feel confident about not only this game, but games 4 and 5 at home as well

Mopped_you
10-19-2010, 12:30 AM
He hit 95 a couple times and 96(once) I think against gainst the Reds. His velocity is much better.

obviously hamels has been great since that start in august, but he also had a tremendous july. the one thing i will say about cain is he obviously is a much better pitcher at home because of the ballpark, but even in that game against the phillies in august he only gave up 2 earned runs, his defense really let him down. i wasn't trying to single you out on the cherry picking stats because you haven't really done it. but too many people have been doing it (many giants fans too). i just prefer to let the action on the field do the talking. obviously phillies fans have every right to feel confident with hamels on the mound, but giants fans have plenty of reasons to feel confident about not only this game, but games 4 and 5 at home as well

Cain is great and he can easily turn in a dominating performance as can Hamels. It can go either way, I really don't even want to think about game 4. Game 5 I can feel confident about, I think Halladay will redeem himself. Confidence is well spread. :)

TheRuckus
10-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Philly fans can you answer me this question... has Hamels thrown harder the last couple of games? I remember he was around 89-90 for a while and last game against the reds he was touching 93-94.

Short answer: Yes.

He's been throwing harder for most of the year, though, actually. Average fastball velocity jumped from 90 to 92 this season, according to Fangraphs. He'll touch 95 occasionally.

Public Enemy #1
10-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Phillies will win one of these games, but they aren't getting 2 wins in San Francisco. Not a chance, all I keep hearing about is how dominating the Phillies pitching is and how they will shut down the Giants crappy line up. First it was Halladay, nobody believed the Giants had a chance other than Giants fans. And yet they beat Mr. Unbeatable. Oswalt pitched great and shut down the Giants for most of the night, except for Ross' home run.

Now its Hamels who is invincible and will own the Giants in their stadium because apparently Cain hasn't had great success vs the Phillies... so it only works one way right? Cause Hamels has dominated the Giants this year. :P

ronfin
10-19-2010, 01:06 AM
You don't think the Phillies can beat the Giants 2/3 there? lolz

The_Jamal
10-19-2010, 01:49 AM

U Mad?

The_Jamal
10-19-2010, 01:54 AM
The only "advantage" in pitching match-ups is this entire when we throw Bum Vs Blanton. And if we end up winning tomorrow, Phillies prolly go to Doc in Game 4. It's really just a matter of which pitcher is more dominant on that day

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
You don't think the Phillies can beat the Giants 2/3 there? lolz

They can, but they won't. Best homefield advantage in baseball. Hopefully the fog rolls in, and a mighty wind stirs up. Jayson Werth will look lost in RF.

TheRuckus
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
They can, but they won't. Best homefield advantage in baseball. Hopefully the fog rolls in, and a mighty wind stirs up. Jayson Werth will look lost in RF.

Is that why nine teams had as good or better a record at home?

koldjerky
10-19-2010, 12:21 PM
^^^ Lies!

Young2Kinsler
10-19-2010, 12:41 PM
I like the Phillies in this game, but Giants take the next 2 after.

Gorgon2k
10-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Halladay won't start game 4 regardless of what happens game 3. Even if they lose Gm 3 they have enough confidence(the Phils). As a fan though, I'm not to keen starting Blanton down 2-1 on the road. I think this particular game is the pivotal one in the series for both sides. If the Phillies win we have blanton going out with a series lead but if they lose, yikes!

ChaseTheMVP
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
This is the pivotal game where the phillies show why they are a play off team, and the giants are not.

t327
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Giants fan: My team is better!
Phils fan: Naw ah!!! My team is better!
Giants fan: You're stupid.
Phils fan: You're gay.
Giants fan: Philly is the worst city ever!
Phils fan: San Fran is the queerest city ever!
Giants fan: Lincecum > Halladay
Phils fan: H20 > Giants starting 3.
Giants fan: ***** the Phanatic!
Phils fan: ***** your seal!

Repeat process. Playoff baseball is always fun! Immature insults tossed around and homerism running rampant. I miss it. Enjoy the cockfight!

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 01:12 PM
big changes to the giants lineup:

ss renteria
2b sanchez
c posey
lf burrell
rf ross
1b huff
3b uribe
cf rowand
p cain

PatelJ1010
10-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Its Cold and Windy soo Ballpark might play small today esp if the Wind is blowing onto the field...This is the 1st left-hander SP the Giants are facing in the Play-offs. Hamels against the Giants this Year isn't Bueno either http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7509/splits;_ylt=AtuwbC.oo3vZdmI6STBrI02FCLcF 7.36 ERA and IP 11 soo anything might happen

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Giants fan: My team is better!
Phils fan: Naw ah!!! My team is better!
Giants fan: You're stupid.
Phils fan: You're gay.
Giants fan: Philly is the worst city ever!
Phils fan: San Fran is the queerest city ever!
Giants fan: Lincecum > Halladay
Phils fan: H20 > Giants starting 3.
Giants fan: ***** the Phanatic!
Phils fan: ***** your seal!

Repeat process. Playoff baseball is always fun! Immature insults tossed around and homerism running rampant. I miss it. Enjoy the cockfight!

...Dodgers fan: :cry: Watching the team who whooped are *** the last two playoffs, and our arch rival play for the NL Title is painful.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 01:24 PM

ss renteria
2b sanchez
c posey
lf burrell
rf ross
1b huff
3b uribe
cf rowand
p cain
wow, huge changes.
i like Posey 3rd. I've thought he and Burrell should be 3/4 for a while. or Posey/Huff/Burrell if Bochy wanted to mix up the righty lefty

gonna be a good game

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
i woulda gona..
1. SS Renteria
2. 2B Sanchez
3. C Posey
4. LF Burrell
5. CF Ross
6. RF Huff
7. 1B Panda
8. 3B Uribe

ritz
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Horseshit.

TheRuckus
10-19-2010, 01:30 PM

ss renteria
2b sanchez
c posey
lf burrell
rf ross
1b huff
3b uribe
cf rowand
p cain

:clap:

MooseWithFleas
10-19-2010, 01:37 PM
That lineup makes me smile. You bench your BEST POSITION PLAYER during the season because of a 6 game slump in the playoffs? That is insane.

A decent lineup that would at least put a little fear into me is:

Torres
Posey
Huff
Burrell
Ross
Uribe
Sandoval
Sanchez
Cain

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
:clap:

sanchez is hitting .417 off of hamels, so i wouldn't get to excited about him in the lineup

Gorgon2k
10-19-2010, 01:54 PM
About Matt Cain

Over the past four seasons, there are 17 active starting pitchers who have made at least 75 starts and compiled an ERA under 3.50. Every one of them has a winning record -- except one.

Guess who?

In fact, 14 of those 17 pitchers are at least 10 games over .500 in that span. And seven of them are at least 20 games over .500.

But not Cain.

His record, incredibly, is 42-49 over the past four years. Youch.

I couldn't believe his record.

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 01:54 PM
That lineup makes me smile. You bench your BEST POSITION PLAYER during the season because of a 6 game slump in the playoffs? That is insane.

A decent lineup that would at least put a little fear into me is:

Torres
Posey
Huff
Burrell
Ross
Uribe
Sandoval
Sanchez
Cain

they are sitting torres not only cuz he is struggling, but he has not hit left handers all year. i would have left him in there, but rowand is a right handed bat and he is not hitting lead off, so it is not a horrible move. torres will be back in there tomorrow against the righty. same goes with sandoval, he can not hit left handers, expect to see him in the lineup tomorrow and thursday as well.

MooseWithFleas
10-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Hamels has showed virtually no platoon split over his career. If we're going to use small sample sizes, Rowand is 3-15 off Hamels and that doesn't begin to explain the defensive downgrade you are taking in CF. Sandoval hit a home run off Hamels earlier this year and is 3-9 in his career.

I feel like we should throw the splits out since Hamels shows no bias toward lefty nor righty. You need to be playing your best players and putting the better ones toward the top of the lineup. Renteria leading off should never ever enter the mind of any manager. And Rowand over Torres is flat out insanity.

Gorgon2k
10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
sanchez is hitting .417 off of hamels, so i wouldn't get to excited about him in the lineup

Some numbers against Cain

Utley .467
Howard .200
Rollins .600
Vic .250
Ruiz .500

Phillies Starters minus hamels are a career 20 for 60 or .333 against Cain. I like them numbers :speechless:. Rollins has a 2.267 OPS and Utley has a 1.600.

ritz
10-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I couldn't believe his record.

Even further indication as to why using a pitcher's W-L record when trying to evaluate their skill level is absurd. I'm not saying you were, I'm just making a point.

I can't even count how many times I watched the Mets lose a game where their pitchers (Santana especially) went out there and pitched for 7 or 8 innings and gave up a run or less.

Gorgon2k
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Even further indication as to why using a pitcher's W-L record when trying to evaluate their skill level is absurd. I'm not saying you were, I'm just making a point.

I can't even count how many times I watched the Mets lose a game where their pitchers (Santana especially) went out there and pitched for 7 or 8 innings and gave up a run or less.

Completely agree, I've always known Cain to be a top pitcher and I guess just assumed he'd be over 500 W/L.

ritz
10-19-2010, 02:12 PM
You need to be playing your best players and putting the better ones toward the top of the lineup. Renteria leading off should never ever enter the mind of any manager. And Rowand over Torres is flat out insanity.

Yet "NY Sports Fan" in the Mets forum points out Bruce Bochy as being one of HIS leading candidates for the Mets managerial position. When I stated such things as what you did his rebuttal was "They're 4 games away from the World Series."

I'm not trying to knock the Giants, but I've seen them complain NUMEROUS times about Bochy.

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Some numbers against Cain

Utley .467
Howard .200
Rollins .600
Vic .250
Ruiz .500

Phillies Starters minus hamels are a career 20 for 60 or .333 against Cain. I like them numbers :speechless:. Rollins has a 2.267 OPS and Utley has a 1.600.

they def. hit cain well, but the numbers also show that hamels struggles mightly in san francisco. i think both pitchers will pitch much better then their past numbers would indicate

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Hamels has showed virtually no platoon split over his career. If we're going to use small sample sizes, Rowand is 3-15 off Hamels and that doesn't begin to explain the defensive downgrade you are taking in CF. Sandoval hit a home run off Hamels earlier this year and is 3-9 in his career.

I feel like we should throw the splits out since Hamels shows no bias toward lefty nor righty. You need to be playing your best players and putting the better ones toward the top of the lineup. Renteria leading off should never ever enter the mind of any manager. And Rowand over Torres is flat out insanity.

i would def. much rather have torres in there, but i hate playing this game because we don't know all the circumstances. nobody here on psd is in the lockerroom and talking to the players and seeing how they are feeling. don't forget torres is less then a month from having a major internal surgery. recovery time to start during daily activities can be up to a month. torres just does not look right at the plate, and part of it i think is from the surgery.

Pinstripe pride
10-19-2010, 02:40 PM
cain is able. matt cain dominates and giants get a win

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
**** you Bochy!

MooseWithFleas
10-19-2010, 04:09 PM
And here... we... go!

Wow Bonds looks normal

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 04:13 PM
BARRY.LAMAR.BONDS.

:worthy:

SIGN HIM!

Public Enemy #1
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Bonds was really excited, maybe the Giants signed him for a day. lol

DodgerB24
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Bring out the pom-poms!

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 04:17 PM
I heard it's bandannas today.

I miss the towels :(

Stupid economy

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Woot, let's play with small sample sizes some more and make definitive conclusions based on them!

MooseWithFleas
10-19-2010, 04:24 PM
That pitch hit Chase, but he didn't say anything :laugh2:. Made up for the play that everyone complained about vs. Cincy

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Owned :k:

NYYTex25
10-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, I know Matt Cain is a great pitcher, but I've never really watched him pitch. With that said, I'm just wondering what pitches he has, his pitching style (groundball, flyball, strikeout), and what his money pitch is. Does anyone care to share their knowledge with me? Thanks in advance, guys.:)

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, I know Matt Cain is a great pitcher, but I've never really watched him pitch. With that said, I'm just wondering what pitches he has, his pitching style (groundball, flyball, strikeout), and what his money pitch is. Does anyone care to share their knowledge with me? Thanks in advance, guys.:)

Good fastball, 93-95, but he can kick it up a notch if needed.

Plus curveball, classic 12-6 break. Decent slider and a decent changeup.

He's definitely a flyball pitcher but he can get a strikeout when he wants. Definitely a power pitcher (and he's built like it).

SFGiants4life
10-19-2010, 04:33 PM

he is a flyball pitcher but can strike guys out with his high fastball which i think would be his "money" pitch in strikeout situations, his fastball averages probably around 92-93 and can touch 94 at times
he throws a pretty good curve, good change up and good slider

Kyle916
10-19-2010, 04:38 PM
How can you be a flyball/groundball pitcher?

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 04:41 PM
thats ball 4 in games 1 and 2

desertrat218
10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Go Phillies!

NYYTex25
10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
It's nice to see another team, like the Giants going deep into the playoffs. Assuming my favorite team, the Yankees, don't make the World Series, I'd really like to see the Giants continue to flex their muscle, in regard to starting pitching, and shut everyone down. I know this team hasn't hit too much in the playoffs, but I really don't understand why everyone was talking about the offense being so awful. I think they'll shock everyone and knock out the Phils. I've had more confidence in the Giants beating the Phillies than the Yankees even beating the Twins, lol.

SFGiants4life
10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
btw Joe Buck sucks ***

ritz
10-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Just don't hit anyone in the head. :(

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Suck it Rectum Face.

Bad idea though with Utley up :(

ritz
10-19-2010, 05:06 PM
"Thankfully, Rowand has that flap on the left side of his helmet..."

Yeah, like every other right handed batter.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Luckily (for Hamels), Rowand sucks ***.

VenezuelanMet
10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Barry :rock:

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Barroids.

Roy31
10-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Bonds head has shrunk like a dried out pumpkin.

DodgerB24
10-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Bonds head has shrunk like a dried out pumpkin.

What where?!

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Bonds>you

I :love: Matthew Thomas Cain

Roy31
10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
They showed a shot of him in the crowd and his head looked like the sequel to "Honey I shrunk the kids".

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
wow, renteria got a hit.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I love how Posey's numbers in 2010 against Hamels don't count, but Utley's numbers in 2006 against Cain's do :laugh2:

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
sit down Posey.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Mr. Doctober time :worthy:

He's part Cliff Lee.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
here comes almighty Cody Ross. 3 run homer coming up.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Mr. Doctober strikes again!

I was hoping for some LOLbanez defense there :(

ritz
What a gritty AB. Such a clutch hitter. Great intangibles. Gamer.

I think that about covers it.

CHRISDODGERS
wow this guy is insane right now.

koldjerky
what a gritty ab. Such a clutch hitter. Great intangibles. Gamer.

I think that about covers it.

+1

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:34 PM
LOL McCarver: "I was wrong"

ritz
Gamer Huff

koldjerky
:clap: :rolleyes:

CHRISDODGERS
Utley you POS

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
lol thanks ump

koldjerky
10-19-2010, 05:36 PM
So I guess swinging through means you didn't go?

koldjerky
lol thanks ump

for the game?

Gigantes4Life
Holy ****...love that Bay Area wind sometimes.

CHRISDODGERS
So I guess swinging through means you didn't go?

lol guess so. didnt hurt um though.

MooseWithFleas
10-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I rarely complain about the umps, but my god... Hope it's called similarly this half inning.

Gigantes4Life
for the game?

For the check swing.

TheRuckus
I rarely complain about the umps, but my god... Hope it's called similarly this half inning.

Same. But if the ump keeps calling the same ****** zone, we'll get those runs back before long.

koldjerky
10-19-2010, 05:38 PM
So are those charged as unearned runs?

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
I like to think it's a makeup for this ****** strikezone against Jonathan Sanchez:

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/location.php?pitchSel=456043&game=gid_2010_10_17_sfnmlb_phimlb_1/&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=

MooseWithFleas
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Damn straight that isn't a strike

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 05:41 PM
how many pitches for Cain?

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Cain had 66 coming into this inning.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Nobody cares about the Yankees.

theproof
Every ump has sucked this series.

TheRuckus
Atta boy, Shane.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Cain had 66 coming into this inning.

thanks. make him work Utley.

theproof
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Damn Rent you gotta catch that!!

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 05:46 PM
**** you utley

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Matt Cain.

ritz
10-19-2010, 05:47 PM
This guy in the NAPA commercial is suck a cockface.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Cain=what? Cain=OG.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Wait...

What?

ritz
Does gamer run with his chest puffed out? How does he not fall over?

Gigantes4Life
Does gamer run with his chest puffed out? How does he not fall over?

That's just how strong he is.

ritz
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Sac bunts everywhere

ritz
10-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Well that was productive.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Dammit Cain :pity:

Dark Donnie
10-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Aaron Rowand got a hit...that's never good.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Tim McCarver thinks that guys who don't speak good English would be good managers.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Renteria's bicep tendon is torn btw:

But the pain from a biceps injury can actually lessen when the tendon tears from the bone in the arm or shoulder, according to Giants trainer Dave Groeschner.

WTFFFFF?

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Chase UtLoLey (never thought I'd get to say that honestly).

theproof
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
**** yeah!!!!!!

TheRuckus
10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
:pity:

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
We need Dick Stockton to tell us what just happened.

Funny, I said one of the keys to this series would be errors by the 2nd basemen :laugh:

robbnen#31
10-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Renteria's bicep tendon is torn btw:

WTFFFFF?

Well, think about it. If it isn't torn all the way, the more you use it the further it will tear. The tearing itself would hurt a lot more than the feeling of it just dangling in your arm already torn. He's a warrior either way.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Well, think about it. If it isn't torn all the way, the more you use it the further it will tear. The tearing itself would hurt a lot more than the feeling of it just dangling in your arm already torn. He's a warrior either way.

I don't want to think about it. That's gross man.

Dark Donnie
10-19-2010, 06:00 PM

Same thing happened with Favre last year.

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
So my co-worker is an older guy that was born and raised in Philly, so of course he's a Phillies fan. Today we had a conversation.

Me: Dude, I'm getting this (http://product.images.fansedge.com/61-10/61-10276-F.jpg) and hanging it up next to my desk.
Him: Oh, Jesus. I'm glad my back is turned.
Me: Umad.
Him: That's ok. I'll just bring in my World Series pictures.
Me: **** (http://www.atonal.ca/frugalgarage/fuuuuuu.jpg)

/random

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
If Joe Buck wants to be a ****ing tour guide I don't think anyone would miss his broadcasting.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:03 PM
So my co-worker is an older guy that was born and raised in Philly, so of course he's a Phillies fan. Today we had a conversation.

Me: Dude, I'm getting this (http://product.images.fansedge.com/61-10/61-10276-F.jpg) and hanging it up next to my desk.
Him: Oh, Jesus. I'm glad my back is turned.
Me: Umad.
Him: That's ok. I'll just bring in my World Series pictures.
Me: **** (http://www.atonal.ca/frugalgarage/fuuuuuu.jpg)

/random

:laugh2:

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:04 PM
After I stopped raging I told him I was going to draw mustaches on all of them and dicks in their mouths.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Welcome to AT&T ****ing Park.

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Is Bonds wearing his dangley cross earring? Anyone know?

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm trying to buy a Macbook. Anyone have one?

jp611
cody ross is more of a god than cliff lee

Gigantes4Life
I hope Matt Cain has learned how to win for today :pray:

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm so glad both of those *******s aren't in the NL East anymore.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:18 PM
so giants win today
probably tomorrow
i say phils win 5, and 6
that leaves game 7 where anything can happen

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't think the Phillies will take 2 of 3 in SF.

YanksNats1987
10-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Have the Phils showed up to AT&T yet? They must have forgotten that the Giants are good.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:28 PM
She's so fine.

Matt Cain too!

TheRuckus
10-19-2010, 06:28 PM
I ****ing hate God Bless America.

But I really like Zooey Deschanel.

Yay mute button.

raidersrock99
10-19-2010, 06:30 PM
lopez/casillas. then bweeeezyyyyy.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm so glad both of those *******s aren't in the NL East anymore.

Burrell and Rowand?

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Burrell and Rowand?

Burrell and Ross

raidersrock99
10-19-2010, 06:34 PM
rowand=owned

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Jose Contreras = Deebo

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Burrell and Ross

Ah. Rowand's a gamer though. He'll crash into your outfield wall and leave his face on it.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:39 PM
where the hell did they get Lopez?
i didnt even know he was on the Pirates

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Lopez used to be the Barry Bonds pitcher for the Rockies. Awesome.

Giants traded for him and infused some Cliff Lee blood into him and made him unhittable for lefties.

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh man, you guys have a Pedro Feliciano too.

PatsSoxKnicks
10-19-2010, 06:41 PM
cody ross is more of a god than cliff lee

No. You're just wrong.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:42 PM
this guy is good
**** the phils

Lincecum
10-19-2010, 06:42 PM
oh Lopez why are u so good

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I like how FOX tried to tell me that Joe Blanton pitched like Cole Hamels in the NLDS.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Joe Blanton sucks
pretty much punted game 4

Brave4life
10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
No Phillies and No Yankees in the playoffs, finally my wish might be coming true

No offense, but its nice to see other teams in the WS.

Lets go Texas!!!!

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:47 PM
No Phillies and No Yankees in the playoffs, finally my wish might be coming true

Lets go Texas!!!!

no

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Omg
tim mccarver shut the f up

koldjerky
10-19-2010, 06:49 PM
:(

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 06:49 PM
I wish you could watch the game with just the crowd and game noise.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:51 PM
I wish you could watch the game with just the crowd and game noise.

MLB.TV lets you.
i dont know about the playoffs

but you're right. these guys ****ing suck. im so annoyed right now.

PatsSoxKnicks

Lets go Texas!!!!

They're no longer Texas. They are the Cliff Lee's.

Gigantes4Life
MLB.TV lets you.
i dont know about the playoffs

but you're right. these guys ****ing suck. im so annoyed right now.

Yeah but I want to watch it on my big screen.

There's a way to link up the audio from the radio but it's a lot of work. I might do it for next game though.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah but I want to watch it on my big screen.

There's a way to link up the audio from the radio but it's a lot of work. I might do it for next game though.

what do you mean link up audio from the radio
how do you do it i mean. just curious

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 06:58 PM
lol single

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:58 PM
LOL that's like a Citi Field special there. I ****ing hate that tall fence in NY.

ritz
10-19-2010, 06:59 PM
"He goes by smell of the balls"

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

GoatMilk
are you guys listening to this?
McCarver is such a dumb ***

GoatMilk
i feel like thats the first DP this series

VenezuelanMet
10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Wooo Gigantes.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
the phils arent really using Blanton tomorrow are they?

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
what do you mean link up audio from the radio
how do you do it i mean. just curious

KNBR is the Giants radio station. You can listen to it online, but you need to get it to delay to match up with the TV. There's some technical way to do it.

"He goes by smell of the balls"

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

:laugh: What the **** man?

By the way, shutouts this post-season:

Giants: 2

Phillies: 2

Cliff Lee: 2 :worthy:

Dark Donnie
10-19-2010, 07:03 PM

You bet your ***...funny thing is he'll probably win.

Offense was dreadful today...some pretty poor AB's. Ibanez and Utley killed us.

JCmasta
If the Giants end up winning this series they should call Ross the Philly killer from now on. Also, Wilson is badass, there's a lot of cool dudes on this Giants squad.

Gigantes4Life

I'm telling you, knowing the Giants they'll lose to Blanton and beat Halladay again.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
lol mitch williams

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm telling you, knowing the Giants they'll lose to Blanton and beat Halladay again.

you're probably right lol

MooseWithFleas
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Timely hitting. Giants had it, Phils did not. Both teams had only 2 or 3 scoring opportunities. Giants cashed in twice, Phils stranded the runners they got on. 2-1 Giants (Just as I said before the series :p). Phils win in 7! Good game, night all.

giantspwn
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
The Giants get shut down by mediocrity just as easily as quality starters.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
lol your sig

d79cheese
10-19-2010, 07:07 PM
this is the pivotal game where the phillies show why they are a play off team, and the giants are not.

:cool:

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 07:07 PM
lol Karros' hair

The_Mac22
10-19-2010, 07:08 PM

This.

metsfan4ever
10-19-2010, 07:11 PM
come on giants beat them phillies.............

Strike89
So it's Bumgarner v Blanton tomorrow?

TheRuckus
Picked a great time to have our worst playoff game since '07.

Hamels got squeezed, but it didn't matter with every hitter in our lineup chasing bad pitches.

Regroup and get 'em tomorrow. Meantime, tip of the cap to Cain and the Giants. And, go Rangers.

Lincecum4CY
10-19-2010, 07:12 PM
are you guys listening to this?
McCarver is such a dumb ***

I have a special talent in which i am able to tune out of what these morons say im to focused on the game i don't need to hear their commentary and stories. I know enough about the phillies/giants that i just tune out and go by my own commentary and talk to myself

Try talking to yourself during the game, it helps tune out the morons.

Not going to let these idiots ruin this time for me.

That said, GO GIANTS

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 07:14 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. The Giants are gonna do it. I feel it in my veins.

GoatMilk
10-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I have a special talent in which i am able to tune out of what these morons say im to focused on the game i don't need to hear their commentary and stories. I know enough about the phillies/giants that i just tune out and go by my own commentary and talk to myself

Try talking to yourself during the game, it helps tune out the morons.

Not going to let these idiots ruin this time for me.

That said, GO GIANTS

i usually tune them out too
i dont remember hearing them in game 2 (didnt see game 1 on tv)
but today i was listening to them. holy cow. mccarver was extra awful today

Dark Donnie
10-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Buck and McCarver are the worst....I really hate Joe Buck with a passion.

WoodandNails
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
With the way the Phils' offense has been playing this postseason, Joe Blanton might be batting cleanup tomorrow.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Buck and McCarver are the worst....I really hate Joe Buck with a passion.

Theres one thing Giants and Philly fans can agree on.

SFGiants4life
10-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't stop believing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVdbfyvwso

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 07:25 PM
MLB.com: Phils hit by HurriCain

The puns made with Cain's name are so, so bad.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-19-2010, 07:26 PM

Wanna go snort some victory CoCain?

leftymo
10-19-2010, 07:28 PM
This series is just bizarre...

1. Halladay is the best pitcher in the majors, gets all the hype and then gets beat by Tim Lincecum

2. Giants have owned Oswalt, and Sanchez has been SF's best pitcher late in the year, and Oswalt dominates...

3. Cain has been owned by the Phillies and Hamels is on fire, and Cain dominates...

4. Giants fans are salivating at the MadBum/Blanton matchup... which only makes sense that the giants struggle according to trends...

For Phillies fans who don't know... Madbum had the best ERA on the staff this year, he's a rook but projected "ace" type, taken ahead of Jason Heyward in the draft a couple years ago...

giantspwn
10-19-2010, 07:29 PM

Giants bust out their pimp Cain against the Phils.

hype707
10-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Goooooooooooo giants

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 07:31 PM
This series is just bizarre...

1. Halladay is the best pitcher in the majors, gets all the hype and then gets beat by Tim Lincecum

2. Giants have owned Oswalt, and Sanchez has been SF's best pitcher late in the year, and Oswalt dominates...

3. Cain has been owned by the Phillies and Hamels is on fire, and Cain dominates...

4. Giants fans are salivating at the MadBum/Blanton matchup... which only makes sense that the giants struggle according to trends...

For Phillies fans who don't know... Madbum had the best ERA on the staff this year, he's a rook but projected "ace" type, taken ahead of Jason Heyward in the draft a couple years ago...

It's almost like head-to-head matchups based on W-L and players career "stats" against a pitcher from 2006 that consist of like 6 PA aren't truly indicative of their true talent level.

ShinobiNYC
10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
I hate being wrong with the Phillies(I also predicted the Yankees losing the ALCS so don't hit on me) but they won't go past a game 6 if their offense don't show up soon.

theproof
10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
That's why past success doesn't mean that much during the playoffs when everything is on the line.

SouljahPhil...
10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
With the way the Phils' offense has been playing this postseason, Joe Blanton might be batting cleanup tomorrow.

Same goes for the Yanks offense...:(

RTL
10-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I love how the hatred of Buck and McCarver has brought the Giants and Phillies fans together:)

WoodandNails
10-19-2010, 08:08 PM

Nothing is worse than every publication in America feeling obligated to start every word in a headline about Philadelphia sports teams with the letters 'ph'.

raidersrock99
10-19-2010, 08:29 PM
good series thus far

stupidmop
10-19-2010, 10:04 PM
The puns on MLB.com are the campiest thing EVER.

CAIN the giants win?

LinceCAN do it!

HUFF and puff into the lead!

Or my newest favorite:

Cain on your parade.

Gigantes4Life
10-19-2010, 10:47 PM
You missed "Phils run into HurriCain."

GIANTS 4 LIFE
10-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Matthew Thomas Cain

Jack of Blades
10-19-2010, 11:28 PM
The puns on MLB.com are the campiest thing EVER.

CAIN the giants win?

LinceCAN do it!

HUFF and puff into the lead!

Or my newest favorite:

Cain on your parade.

Don't forget "ConvincingLee".

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2010, 11:53 PM
you phills better ****ing beat the gnats tomorrow... thats all I have to say.

Mopped_you
10-20-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm always wrong. :laugh2:

Joe Blanton is gonna own tomorrow!

dodgersuck
10-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Crucial game tommorow, I hope Maddy B can lock **** down!

sacgiants1213
10-20-2010, 12:29 AM
His name is Ssory Doc!

raidersrock99
10-20-2010, 12:30 AM
good series thus far cant wait to see how madbum pitches, dont wnna face doc halladay w/ series tied 2-2

The SF Giant
10-20-2010, 01:25 AM
you phills better ****ing beat the gnats tomorrow... thats all I have to say.

We're not the Dodgers. We actually know to play in an NLCS.

lavell12
10-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Remember when everyone (myself included) thought the Phillies had a cake walk to the World Series?

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Yeah, that's how baseball works. Anything can happen.

People were acting like this was the 98 Yankees facing off against the 62 Mets.

CHRISDODGERS
10-20-2010, 02:30 AM
We're not the Dodgers. We actually know to play in an NLCS.

shut the **** up, you haven't won **** yet.

robbnen#31
10-20-2010, 02:37 AM

Why would I want the Giants to win poop? Is that what the Dodgers strive to win? Or do you get awarded poop for being in 4th place in the NL West?

d79cheese
10-20-2010, 02:38 AM

2010: giants 2 wins in 3 games vs the phillies
2008-2009: dodgers 2 wins in 10 games vs the phillies

CHRISDODGERS
10-20-2010, 02:38 AM
Why would I want the Giants to win poop? Is that what the Dodgers strive to win? Or do you get awarded poop for being in 4th place in the NL West?

you haven't won anything yet. better? :facepalm:

RTL
10-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Jesus Christ, be the better man G-men!! He's right, the Giants have won a damn thing yet.

CHRISDODGERS
10-20-2010, 02:42 AM
Jesus Christ, be the better man G-men!! He's right, the Giants have won a damn thing yet.

thank you.

geez, all I said was I hope the phillies win. that's it. chill.

The_Jamal
10-20-2010, 03:19 AM

:(

Kyle916
10-20-2010, 03:20 AM
I would be very happy with a win tomorrow.

Gigantes4Life
10-20-2010, 03:22 AM
We won the division :)

Demon11
10-20-2010, 05:09 AM
We won the division :)

And the NLCS.