PDA

View Full Version : Offensive and Defensive Fouls

kjoke
10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
This question has been bugging me for quite sometime and im thinkg the answer is very simple but i cant grasp why a players get more defensive rebounds then offensive. can someone explain this to me.

godolphins
10-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I've wonder the same thing plenty of times.

kjoke
10-15-2010, 10:26 PM
title should be rebounds

IndyFan
10-15-2010, 10:35 PM
pretty simple. the defender is inside between the offensive player and the basket. since the defender is closer, he will get more of the rebounds.

:)

Storch
10-16-2010, 02:45 AM
When a player is on defense, he has the inside position to grab the defensive rebound after a shooter takes a shot. He is allowed to have the better position to box the opposing (offensive) player behind him while he grabs the board in front of him.

When a player is on offense, he is usually on the outside position away from the rim in order to open the lane for a possible pass from a teammate. This causes him to constantly watch where the ball is moving in order to make a play, while the defensive player is behind him in the post getting the inside position (for the reasons above). This causes the offensive player to be at a disadvantage to grab the offensive board, thus causing offensive rebounds harder to obtain than defensive rebounds.

Hope that helps :D

TrueFan420
10-16-2010, 03:09 AM
When a player is on defense, he has the inside position to grab the defensive rebound after a shooter takes a shot. He is allowed to have the better position to box the opposing (offensive) player behind him while he grabs the board in front of him.

When a player is on offense, he is usually on the outside position away from the rim in order to open the lane for a possible pass from a teammate. This causes him to constantly watch where the ball is moving in order to make a play, while the defensive player is behind him in the post getting the inside position (for the reasons above). This causes the offensive player to be at a disadvantage to grab the offensive board, thus causing offensive rebounds harder to obtain than defensive rebounds.

Hope that helps :D

Good post would also like to add that the offensive player can only stay in the key for 3 seconds.

Patman
10-16-2010, 03:31 AM
This question has been bugging me for quite sometime and im thinkg the answer is very simple but i cant grasp why a players get more defensive rebounds then offensive. can someone explain this to me.

ths is pretty easy, As a defender you are in a better Positon most of the Time to Box out and get the Rebound (between the Basket and the offensive player). Also the offense has to get back on defense to defend the transition game, so only the offense is in the minority when they try to rebound a miss.

Hope this helps

Demon11
10-16-2010, 04:03 AM
Usually an offensive player will on the outside of a defender, because you can't pass through bodies.

Chronz
10-16-2010, 06:00 PM
They are separate skills duh

Sly Guy
10-16-2010, 06:15 PM
pretty simple. the defender is inside between the offensive player and the basket. since the defender is closer, he will get more of the rebounds.

:)

this. And I'm wondering why anyone would even ask the question.