PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Rank EM: NBA's Best Players Top 15

D Roses Bulls
10-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes people, I know we have had polls like this, but this was a poll where you can rank the top 15 players in the NBA in the order you think they belong on ESPN. an outside perceptive from PSD.

Here is the poll so far as it stands.......

1st place votes: () total points

* 1 Kobe Bryant (9,870) 237,421
* 2 LeBron James (4,237) 218,164
* 3 Kevin Durant (1,737) 215,297
* 4 Dwyane Wade (447) 195,775
* 5 Dwight Howard (78) 153,200
* 6 Carmelo Anthony (142) 150,744
* 7 Chris Paul (38) 120,785
* 8 Dirk Nowitzki (67) 105,723
* 9 Steve Nash (117) 96,066
* 10 Deron Williams (89) 92,873
* 11 Pau Gasol (11) 86,912
* 12 Tim Duncan (91) 80,186
* 13 Derrick Rose (153) 76,357
* 14 Rajon Rondo (90) 69,373
* 15 Chris Bosh (4) 66,000

My only problem with the list is CP3 and nash over Willams cause like ive said, I believe Williams is better IMO and I would move wade to number 1 or 2 and lebron to number 3.

Do you agree with this poll?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=8&listId=193

xsilencerx
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
D Rose got more 1st place votes then Howard and Melo wtf its not bad could be a little better move D Will up some

footballer2369
10-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Kobe and Durant are just becoming way overrated.

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 09:35 PM
any first not voted for either KObe, Lebron, Durant is plainly homeristic or stupid.

D Roses Bulls
10-15-2010, 09:37 PM
any first not voted for either KObe, Lebron, Durant is plainly homeristic or stupid.

well i put my first place vote for Wade actually and I still believe he is. so thanks for calling me stupid :(

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 09:38 PM
well i put my first place vote for Wade actually and I still believe he is. so thanks for calling me stupid :(

Homeristic.

The dude is from Illinois isnt it ? ;)

D Roses Bulls
10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Homeristic.

The dude is from Illinois isnt it ? ;)

thats not why I like him and think he is the best, im originally from florida so...... its not homeristic. i just dont think wade gets enough credit either.

kblo247
10-15-2010, 09:40 PM

Wade is the alpha of that team and the 1b guard (yeah he and Kobe are better than the best PGs) in the league. Any vote for him is legit.

I only really have a problem with CP3's place on that list. He has done nothing in his career barring 1 season to be ranked that high, let alone that far away from Deron.

D Roses Bulls
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Wade is the alpha of that team and the 1b guard (yeah he and Kobe are better than the best PGs) in the league. Any vote for him is legit.

I only really have a problem with Dirk's place on that list

what about nash's place? over williams and it can even be argued with him over rose and rondo.

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 09:44 PM
rondo i sthe worse joke on hte list

kblo247
10-15-2010, 09:51 PM
I changed it to CP3 once I thought about it. He is never healthy. He doesn't win games. He doesn't defend. He does score and get his numbers from overly dominating the ball in such a way that he is the system, as opposed to him playing in a system. I've just never bought into him, and I have watched him since day 1 in a Hornets jersey since I live in Louisiana and have CST. To me he is simply the PG equivalent of Vince Carter, great flash and living off of one playoff run to get his hero worship. I'd take BD in his Hornet days everyday of the week in all honesty.

Nash and Deron are definitely the top PGs in the league when it comes to winning games. Rondo and Rose are up and coming, but I think they will move up with time so I have no problem with them there as of right now.

The Dirk beef for me comes back to there being two Dirks. Regular season Dirk and then playoff Dirk. The boy is a beast and the best PF in the league right now, but when the playoffs come he can be rattled. He lets guys get to him and his emotions get the best of him at times which is my problem. Yet and still though, Duncan can't dominate anymore and Pau isn't a road or crunch time player without poking and prodding from Phil and Kobe either. So I can deal with it.

zo#33
10-15-2010, 09:56 PM
LeBron over Kobe, Wade over Durant, CP3 up to 5 and Rondo over Rose imo

Jewelz0376
10-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I changed it to CP3 once I thought about it. He is never healthy. He doesn't win games. He doesn't defend. He does score and get his numbers from overly dominating the ball in such a way that he is the system, as opposed to him playing in a system. I've just never bought into him, and I have watched him since day 1 in a Hornets jersey since I live in Louisiana and have CST. To me he is simply the PG equivalent of Vince Carter, great flash and living off of one playoff run to get his hero worship. I'd take BD in his Hornet days everyday of the week in all honesty.

Nash and Deron are definitely the top PGs in the league when it comes to winning games. Rondo and Rose are up and coming, but I think they will move up with time so I have no problem with them there as of right now.

The Dirk beef for me comes back to there being two Dirks. Regular season Dirk and then playoff Dirk. The boy is a beast and the best PF in the league right now, but when the playoffs come he can be rattled. He lets guys get to him and his emotions get the best of him at times which is my problem. Yet and still though, Duncan can't dominate anymore and Pau isn't a road or crunch time player without poking and prodding from Phil and Kobe either. So I can deal with it.

Please explain why the coaches picked him for 1st team all defense in 08-09 if according to you he "doesnt defend" ????

kjoke
10-15-2010, 10:03 PM

lebron
wade
durant
howard
kobe
williams
cp3
ect.

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 10:05 PM
I kind of like them. But Deron should be number 1 PG. Also Pierce should get some love as well (maybe take out Rose or Rondo). I like how Amare isn't in it.

kblo247
Please explain why the coaches picked him for 1st team all defense in 08-09 if according to you he "doesnt defend" ????

He does that bull ****, AI steal routine. He gets torched when he truly has to go at a guy one on one without the team overloading the floor on D behind him.

Rondo torches him, Deron torches him, and hell Fisher torches him straight up.

He is a help defender and a passing lanes guy. He is in no way, shape, or form the guy you tell to get a stop one on one with the game on the line. It would be suicide.

Oh and he sells contact on both ends to the point that Ric Flair would be jealous. I mean I remember him doing almost a 720 degree flop when getting bumped :laugh2:

Tanakid777

lol. Dirk, in 103 playoff games, averages 25 points and 11 boards. Nuff said

blacknell
10-15-2010, 10:08 PM
so is Lebron below Kobe because he didn't stay in Clev? Even kobe said Lebron was a better all around player

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 10:08 PM
He does that bull ****, AI steal routine. He gets torched when he truly has to go at a guy one on one without the team overloading the floor on D behind him.

He is a help defender and a passing lanes guy. He is in no way, shape, or form the guy you tell to get a stop one on one with the game on the line. It would be suicide.

Oh and he sells contact on both ends to the point that Ric Flair would be jealous. I mean I remember him doing almost a 720 degree flop when getting bumped :laugh2:

I agree with this guy completely. CP3 is not a good man to man defender. Hes adequate. The only reason people call him a good defender is because he camps at the passing lines and takes too many risks.

kblo247
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
lol. Dirk, in 103 playoff games, averages 25 points and 11 boards. Nuff said

He also got beat by a bunch of midgets because he was too scared to post them up, lost the finals up 2-0, and in the deciding game versus San Antonio made stupid fouls because his emotions got the best of him even though he knew the stakes.

Nuff said ;)

Jewelz0376
10-15-2010, 10:12 PM

Ok Riiiiight....So I guess your a better judge of who plays good D than the actual Nba coaches who watches hundreds of hours of film...hahaha ok

Obviously his man to man D was good enough for the coaches who know more about D than you

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Ok Riiiiight....So I guess your a better judge of who plays good D than the actual Nba coaches who watches hundreds of hours of film...hahaha ok

Obviously his man to man D was good enough for the coaches who know more about D than you

Lets never talk about coaches like they're the source for bball knowledge again. Let me remind you: They voted Al Horford into the AS Game...

kblo247
10-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Do you actually watch Paul play regularly or just watch his highlights and clips?

Even the biggest Hornets fan (Vinny) will tell you that Paul isn't a defender who you would rely on one on one without overloading or zoning up the floor behind him. The likelihood 9/10 times is that he will get beat and his guy will score if you do so, and the 1/10 chance is that he steals the ball from behind.

Check the stats for steals that he had that year and you got your own answer.

godolphins
10-15-2010, 10:18 PM
So Miami got 3 of the top 15 players. :clap:

Jewelz0376
10-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Do you actually watch Paul play regularly or just watch his highlights and clips?

Even the biggest Hirnets fan (Vinny) will tell you that Paul isn't a defender who you would rely on one on one without overloading or zoning up the floor behind him.

Check the stats for steals that he had that year and you got your own answer.

Plenty of players have led the league in steals and dont make 1st team all nba.. Obviously its almost impossible for a pg to lock up the good pgs without help because their so quick, but he still has quick feet and quick hands with make him a pesky on ball defender...

There is a difference between defenders who go for steals all the time and do their D more harm than good...those are the guys who shouldn't and don't make 1st team all D... which is why coaches don't vote for them..

JRisdabest
10-15-2010, 10:27 PM
bron is number 1

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Rupaul shouldn't be on the list. Roy should be there instead

Cano4prez
10-15-2010, 10:31 PM
1.LeBron James
2.Dwyane Wade
3.Kobe Bryant
4.Chris Paul
5.Kevin Durant
6.Dwight Howard
7.Deron Williams
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Carmelo Anthony
10.Pau Gasol
11.Tim Duncan
12.Rajon Rondo
13.Derrick Rose
14.Chris Bosh
15.Steve Nash

My list

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Bron is the #1. And Wade at #4 is a complete joke. People are overrating KD now. wtf!

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Rupaul shouldn't be on the list. Roy should be there instead

Well Rupaul also avg. 20+ and 10+.

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Well Rupaul also avg. 20+ and 10+.

Rupaul doesn't make the playoffs as often as Roy...

using your logic, Z-bo should be in too, no?

D Roses Bulls
10-15-2010, 10:42 PM
yea..... why is bosh on this list and i would like to meet the idiots who gave him first place votes to hit them over the heard with my bat

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 10:43 PM

RuPaul also never had team like Roy has had.

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I see a lot of irrelevancy on this list.

JamaicanYouth
10-15-2010, 10:45 PM
So Rondo is better than brandon roy??and bosh better than Amare? well it is espn afterall all they do is dickride rondo and the miami big 3

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 10:47 PM
RuPaul also never had team like Roy has had.

Roy's team makes the playoffs in the tougher western conference, while always being plagued with injuries...Rupaul had a pretty talented team last year and failed to make the easier eastern conference playoffs.

showtym24
10-15-2010, 10:48 PM
1.Kobe Bryant
2.LeBron James
3.Dwyane Wade
4.Kevin Durant
5.Chris Paul
6.Carmelo Anthony
7.Pau Gasol
8.Dwight Howard
9.Deron Williams
10.Dirk Nowitzki
11.Tim Duncan
12.Steve Nash
13.Derrick Rose
14.Chris Bosh
15.Rajon Rondo

Mines

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 10:52 PM
This would be mine.

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Paul
6. Howard
7. Dirk
8. Melo
9. Williams
10. Gasol
11. Duncan
12. Nash
13. Amar'e
14. Roy
15. Rondo

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Roy's team makes the playoffs in the tougher western conference, while always being plagued with injuries...Rupaul had a pretty talented team last year and failed to make the easier eastern conference playoffs.

I wouldn't agree.

Chacarron
10-15-2010, 11:00 PM

The bolded part is the reason I hate him, he is a cheap player in that sense looking for the cheap fouls. Great post overall.

eXpLiiCt
10-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Amare > Bosh

Rafer17
10-15-2010, 11:03 PM
This might be one of the worst lists I have ever seen...

Kobe at #1 :facepalm:
Melo before CP3 :facepalm:
Nash before Dwill :facepalm:
No Brandon Roy :facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't agree.

a team with Bosh, Bargnani, Turkoglu, Jack, Calderon isn't enough talent to make 8th in the EAST? before the reg. season we were projected anywhere from 4th-6th.

k24springs
10-15-2010, 11:05 PM
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. LeBron James
4. Kevin Durant
5. Dwight Howard
6. Deron Williams
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Chris Paul
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Pau Gasol
11. Brandon Roy
12. Derrick Rose
13. Tim Duncan
14. Rajon Rondo
15. Amare Stoudemire

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 11:08 PM
a team with Bosh, Bargnani, Turkoglu, Jack, Calderon isn't enough talent to make 8th in the EAST? before the reg. season we were projected anywhere from 4th-6th.

No. Take Turk off that list. He was a scrub in toronto. I don't consider Barg, Calderon, or Jack as enough talented sidekicks to make it to the playoffs.

Besides, who would they make it over?

Bosh will gain more respect over the season. Mark my words.

kjoke
whats up with this bosh hate, seriously hes probably the most disrespected person on this forum.

John Walls Era
This would be mine.

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Paul
6. Howard
7. Dirk
8. Melo
9. Williams
10. Gasol
11. Duncan
12. Nash
13. Amar'e
14. Roy
15. Rondo

How can you say Bosh shouldn't make the list when you put this guy on it?

Funny that you use call him Rupaul.

meloman1592
10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
top 5 should be kobe,lbj,wade,melo,durant..........in that order

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 11:10 PM

He should be actually. Hes probably on the outside looking in.

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 11:13 PM
No. Take Turk off that list. He was a scrub in toronto.
I know that more than anyone, but Hedo is still a good player as much as i hate him.

I don't consider Barg, Calderon, or Jack as enough talented sidekicks to make it to the playoffs.

Many analysts, and people here thought that core was good enough.

Besides, who would they make it over?
Chicago...we had the lead on them til the last week.

How can you say Bosh shouldn't make the list when you put this guy on it?

Funny that you use call him Rupaul.
Because Amar'e not only puts up stats, but he goes to the playoffs pretty often, unlike Ruppy.

And when Bosh drops 44 points on the Lakers in the playoffs...gimme a shout.

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 11:17 PM
^^
Hedo wasn't even the 20% of the player he was in Orlando.

Bosh went down with injury at the very last moment. You can't blame him when he isn't on the floor. Plus, Bulls were a lot better team than Toronto last year. I think they lost 10 some games in a row when Noah was out. So it wouldn't be as close at the end if Noah was there.

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 11:18 PM
I know that more than anyone, but Hedo is still a good player as much as i hate him.

Because Amar'e not only puts up stats, but he goes to the playoffs pretty often, unlike Ruppy.

And when Bosh drops 44 points on the Lakers in the playoffs...gimme a shout.

The Bosh hate is ridiculous. Raptor fans use to love this guy (I am a Raps fan believe it or not because I live in Canada now).

Amare also has a guy called Steve Nash. But you probably know that already. Who did Bosh have? Jose "CAn't stay in front of his man" Calderon and Pizza Pizza Boy...

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 11:20 PM

If I recall correctly (and I do), majority of the analyst had the Raptors at 8th or lower. Most of the Raptor fans were mad, even I was when CWebb said we would be outta the playoffs and lose Bosh.

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 11:20 PM
^^
Hedo wasn't even the 20% of the player he was in Orlando.

Bosh went down with injury at the very last moment. You can't blame him when he isn't on the floor. Plus, Bulls were a lot better team than Toronto last year. I think they lost 10 some games in a row when Noah was out. So it wouldn't be as close at the end if Noah was there.

Chicago was not alot better than Toronto. When both teams were healthy I recall them being 8th, and us being 5th, and 1.5 games under ATL for 4th IICR. Bosh was cleared to play at the end of the year, so he easily coulda gave the team the 1 win it needed. I don't wanna go down this road though, because it will start a flame war and multiple posts will be deleted, making it pointless.

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 11:21 PM
The Bosh hate is ridiculous. Raptor fans use to love this guy (I am a Raps fan believe it or not because I live in Canada now).

Amare also has a guy called Steve Nash. But you probably know that already. Who did Bosh have? Jose "CAn't stay in front of his man" Calderon and Pizza Pizza Boy...

Haha..true. I don't think anyone can make a legit case of Amare over Bosh. Bosh is better in almost every aspect of the game.

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Chicago was not alot better than Toronto. When both teams were healthy I recall them being 8th, and us being 5th, and 1.5 games under ATL for 4th IICR. Bosh was cleared to play at the end of the year, so he easily coulda gave the team the 1 win it needed. I don't wanna go down this road though, because it will start a flame war and multiple posts will be deleted, making it pointless.

Just don't name call. Theres no reason for it anyways. But yes I think Bosh was cleared to play, but Doug Smith and Bosh has reiterated that it might not have been true.

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2010, 11:23 PM

Amar'e is a proven playoff competitor unlike Bosh...that same argument about Amar'e having Nash can be used about Pau having Kobe, but it's not...

If I recall correctly (and I do), majority of the analyst had the Raptors at 8th or lower. Most of the Raptor fans were mad, even I was when CWebb said we would be outta the playoffs and lose Bosh.

I don't know what you were watching, but I remember the Raps being favoured going 4-6/7.

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 11:25 PM

Toronto was rated high at beginning of the season because of Hedo. Everyone thought Hedo would make the team that much better. Well, he failed miserably. Bosh tried his best but he can't be responsible for his teammate partying all night and not caring about the team.

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Amar'e is a proven playoff competitor unlike Bosh...that same argument about Amar'e having Nash can be used about Pau having Kobe, but it's not...

I don't know what you were watching, but I remember the Raps being favoured going 4-6/7.

Because Pau can make shots by himself. Amare gets open dunks (majority of his moves).

Raps were never favoured to be that high. BUt regardless, predictions are never 100%; no one knew Hedo would get out of shape eating Pizzas and Jose to get injured.

Slimsim
10-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Amare don't need nash to drop 30 points

Rego247
10-15-2010, 11:52 PM
i dont know how this turned into chris bosh debate.

but ill go with saddler the great on this and say a healthy brandon roy is > bosh. brandon roy still continues to be underrated.

if there was a 16th, bosh would be there.

Nirvanaskurdt
10-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Nash! :jumpy:

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 12:06 AM
i dont know how this turned into chris bosh debate.

but ill go with saddler the great on this and say a healthy brandon roy is > bosh. brandon roy still continues to be underrated.

if there was a 16th, bosh would be there.

A agree. A healthy Brandon Roy is a top ten player on my list. How is Derrick Rose better than Roy NOW?

Mc Lovin
10-16-2010, 12:15 AM

What? Kobe, Lebron, and Durant are the three best players in basketball.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 12:18 AM
A agree. A healthy Brandon Roy is a top ten player on my list. How is Derrick Rose better than Roy NOW?

oh god dont start......

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 12:26 AM
oh god dont start......

Don't start what???? If anyone can prove Rose is better than Roy I will quit PSD.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Don't start what???? If anyone can prove Rose is better than Roy I will quit PSD.

out of all those people on the list you pick rose? how about bosh who cant make the playoffs. had more talent on his team then rose did and rose was able to make it two strait years. or how about nash who rose shows up every time they play each other for example.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 12:34 AM
out of all those people on the list you pick rose? how about bosh who cant make the playoffs. had more talent on his team then rose did and rose was able to make it two strait years. or how about nash who rose shows up every time they play each other for example.

I said Roy is a top ten player on my book so obviously he is better than Bosh as well. No way in the hell Rose is better than Roy now. Just no way.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 12:37 AM
I said Roy is a top ten player on my book so obviously he is better than Bosh as well. No way in the hell Rose is better than Roy now. Just no way.

I didnt say he was, but honestly in my book, he is a bit overrated. hell he didnt even make this list by espn for you to vote on.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 12:41 AM
I didnt say he was, but honestly in my book, he is a bit overrated. hell he didnt even make this list by espn for you to vote on.

Yes, because ESPN is God perfect.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2010, 12:42 AM
1.LeBron James
2.Dwyane Wade
3.Kobe Bryant
4.Chris Paul
5.Kevin Durant
6.Dwight Howard
7.Deron Williams
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Carmelo Anthony
10.Pau Gasol
11.Tim Duncan
12.Rajon Rondo
13.Derrick Rose
14.Chris Bosh
15.Steve Nash

My list

off the top of my head, this is a great list man

Rego247
10-16-2010, 12:59 AM

wouldnt that make him underrated?

John Walls Era
10-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Only thing against Roy is injuries.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-16-2010, 01:22 AM
CP3 had one good season, as did Durant. no way should they be ranked that high. eh. oh well Kobes #1. =] :p

MELO 15
10-16-2010, 02:21 AM
CP3 had one good season, as did Durant. no way should they be ranked that high. eh. oh well Kobes #1. =] :p

totally agree with u, durant has one good season, and all of the sudden he's better than Melo, give me a break folks.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 02:24 AM
wouldnt that make him underrated?

i think he belongs on top 15, maybe, i havent done a list count in my head yet and dont feel like it right now, but definitely not top 10.

Storch
10-16-2010, 02:39 AM
I'll rank them based on individual performance last year and not career greatness:

* 1 LeBron James
* 2 Kobe Bryant
* 3 Dwayne Wade
* 4 Kevin Durant
* 5 Dwight Howard
* 6 Carmelo Anthony
* 7 Dirk Nowitzki
* 8 Deron Williams
* 9 Steve Nash
* 10 Rajon Rondo
* 11 Pau Gasol
* 12 Tim Duncan
* 13 Derrick Rose
* 14 Chris Bosh
* 15 Chris Paul

Chris Paul is that low because he was injured all year and I haven't seen him play since he recovered :shrug:

TylerSL
10-16-2010, 03:02 AM
1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Durant
5.Melo
6.CP3
7.D-Will
8.Nash
9.Gasol
10.Duncan
11.Dirk
12.Howard
13.Johnson
14.Roy
15.Rose

Bosh is top 20 IMO, I dont think he cracks top 15.

ESPN's list was horrible! :pity:

TylerSL
10-16-2010, 03:04 AM
I'll rank them based on individual performance last year and not career greatness:

* 1 LeBron James
* 2 Dwyane Wade
* 3 Kobe Bryant
* 4 Kevin Durant
* 5 Dwight Howard
* 6 Carmelo Anthony
* 7 Dirk Nowitzki
* 8 Deron Williams
* 9 Steve Nash
* 10 Rajon Rondo
* 11 Pau Gasol
* 12 Tim Duncan
* 13 Derrick Rose
* 14 Chris Bosh
* 15 Chris Paul

Chris Paul is that low because he was injured all year and I haven't seen him play since he recovered :shrug:

yea, Wade had much better stats than Kobe last year so I fixed your post

sharqstealth
10-16-2010, 03:05 AM
derrick rose, rajon rondo are overrated, they shouldn't be there. Amare and Joe Johnson should be there instead!

TylerSL
10-16-2010, 03:06 AM

* 1 LeBron James
* 2 Dwyane Wade
* 3 Kobe Bryant
* 4 Kevin Durant
* 5 Dwight Howard
* 6 Carmelo Anthony
* 7 Dirk Nowitzki
* 8 Deron Williams
* 9 Steve Nash
* 10 Rajon Rondo
* 11 Pau Gasol
* 12 Tim Duncan
* 13 Derrick Rose
* 14 Chris Bosh
* 15 Chris Paul

um yea, Wade had much better stats than Kobe last year so I fixed your post......

TylerSL
10-16-2010, 03:11 AM
derrick rose, rajon rondo are overrated, they shouldn't be there. Amare and Joe Johnson should be there instead!

I think Rose is right at 15, but yes he is very overrated as some people have him top 10 :facepalm:. Also Rondo is the most overrated player in the league IMO, he isnt even top 20. But Bosh>Amare IMO and I would put Bosh at 16.

John Walls Era
10-16-2010, 03:23 AM
1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Durant
5.Melo
6.CP3
7.D-Will
8.Nash
9.Gasol
10.Duncan
11.Dirk
12.Howard
13.Johnson
14.Roy
15.Rose

:pity: too bad it wasn't by ESPN experts. It was by the fans.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 03:37 AM
:pity: too bad it wasn't by ESPN experts. It was by the fans.

actually espn chose the list, fans had to vote. bosh should not be on this list.

John Walls Era
10-16-2010, 03:57 AM
actually espn chose the list, fans had to vote. bosh should not be on this list.

Hes a top 5 PF. Dirk, Gasol, Duncan, Bosh, _____

I hate how I'm defending Bosh so much...

TylerSL
10-16-2010, 04:02 AM

exactly

Venomous88
10-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Durant is hella overrated after this summer's World Championships.

UnWantedTheory
10-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Yes people, I know we have had polls like this, but this was a poll where you can rank the top 15 players in the NBA in the order you think they belong on ESPN. an outside perceptive from PSD.

My only problem with the list is CP3 and nash over Willams cause like ive said, I believe Williams is better IMO and I would move wade to number 1 or 2 and lebron to number 3.

Kobe
Bron
Durant(he can move up to 2 or down to 4 depending on if he can duplicate that of last year IMO)
Wade
Melo(maybe)

After that I can see more debate as to who goes where....although I do agree with Duncan being 12, I am surprised he is ranked that high here...and yes he is not the dominating force he use to be, but at 34 he can still get you 18 and 10 and dominate in between at times. I think there could be a couple of players added and a couple subtracted depending on personal opinion, but its a semi decent list. How close was Roy from getting on the list? Just curious. I also think CP3, Nash, and Dirk could be interchangable and knocked down a smidge. I personally would take Pau, Duncan, or Bosh over Dirk and D Will over CP3....well at the moment anyway. A season is long and can change many a thing.

TehSamurai
10-16-2010, 07:04 AM
CP3 had one good season

You can't be serious.

Khalifa21
10-16-2010, 09:15 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dwight Howard
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Deron Williams
10. Brandon Roy
11. Pau Gasol
12. Amar'e Stoudemire
13. Tim Duncan
14. Chris Bosh
15. Steve Nash

Iceman_9
10-16-2010, 09:30 AM

Kobe, overrated??? :facepalm:

Durant is hype
10-16-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm ranking mines based on the 15 best players in the 2010-2011 season. Now I'm NOT factoring in environment,team role(Miami Heat?),and health factors(CP3).

1.Lebron James
2.Dwyane Wade
3.Chris Paul
4.Dwight Howard
5.Kevin Durant
6.Kobe Bryant
7.Brandon Roy

Update later!

jmlbnks26
10-16-2010, 03:40 PM
LOL! What a joke??? I have not read all of the posts so don't know if anybody did not mentioned Amare Stoudamire. He is def better than Bosh.

Cano4prez
10-16-2010, 03:49 PM
LOL! What a joke??? I have not read all of the posts so don't know if anybody did not mentioned Amare Stoudamire. He is def better than Bosh.

False.

jmlbnks26
10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
@Cano4prez its all matter of opinion.

Gators123
10-16-2010, 03:53 PM

No...

jmlbnks26
10-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I see the Miami Heat bandwagon came out!

godolphins
10-16-2010, 04:11 PM

:laugh2:

Gators123
10-16-2010, 04:52 PM
I see the Miami Heat bandwagon came out!

Yes, I'm a Heat bandwagon fan. Don't tell anybody :rolleyes:

adidas2307
10-16-2010, 04:53 PM

Lolwut?

Amar'e and Johnson are awfully overrated. I don't like Rondo, and I think he is overrated as well, but I would not have Amar'e or Johnson ahead of him.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:02 PM

Please, explain why Bosh shouldn't be on this list but Rose should be. Bosh was a 24/11 player last year and Rose was a 21/6. Is this because Rose from Chicago?

footballer2369
10-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Please, explain why Bosh shouldn't be on this list but Rose should be. Bosh was a 24/11 player last year and Rose was a 21/6. Is this because Rose from Chicago?

The return of Nipo!

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:06 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dwight Howard
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Deron Williams
10. Brandon Roy
11. Pau Gasol
12. Amar'e Stoudemire
13. Tim Duncan
14. Chris Bosh
15. Steve Nash

This is a solid list except I would replace Kobe with Durant for the 3rd spot.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:06 PM
The return of Nipo!

haha...nice to see you guys remember me.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:09 PM

Based on? I will wait for your explanation. Bosh is better than Amare in pretty much every aspect of the game..well except dunking (big deal:rolleyes:)

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:10 PM
um yea, Wade had much better stats than Kobe last year so I fixed your post......

Stats has nothing to do with anything. It's still Lebron, Kobe, then Wade. Sorry, I already gave a very objective opinion and gave the top spot to Lebron and not Kobe, but saying Wade is greater than Kobe is just not credible right now. MY list stays put, and you don't know basketball if you will be using stats as the center of your argument because Kobe led his team to a back to back championship.

footballer2369
10-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Stats has nothing to do with anything. It's still Lebron, Kobe, then Wade. Sorry, I already gave a very objective opinion and gave the top spot to Lebron and not Kobe, but saying Wade is greater than Kobe is just not credible right now. MY list stays put, and you don't know basketball if you will be using stats as the center of your argument because Kobe led his team to a back to back championship.

I see, the opinion of his fans is much more credible than hard facts...

Opinions and feelings >>>>> facts, stats, truth on the credibility scale..

footballer2369
10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
haha...nice to see you guys remember me.

Yes, but your posts are lacking in the trademark exclamation and emphasis...

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:18 PM
I see, the opinion of his fans is much more credible than hard facts...

Opinions and feelings >>>>> facts, stats, truth on the credibility scale..

It's not an opinion to rank a player that has won 2 back to back championships over one that hasn't even led his team to the finals in a long time, its a fact.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:18 PM

Sorry, but Wade had sucky teams past 2/3 years which is not his fault. Just like 2005-07 when the Lakers sucked. Kobe was the best player back then even though Lakers sucked. Tony parker led the spurs in the championship in 2007. He wasn't the best player because of that. Kobe is still great, but not in top 2IMO. It's unfortunate when people come up rings when Wade was surrounded with D-leaguers. Anyways, I won't drag this thread off-topic.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:19 PM
yes, but your posts are lacking in the trademark exclamation and emphasis...

lmao!!!

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Sorry, but Wade had sucky teams past 2/3 years which is not his fault. Just like 2005-07 when the Lakers sucked. Kobe was the best player back then even though Lakers sucked. Tony parker led the spurs in the championship in 2007. He wasn't the best player because of that. Kobe is still great, but not in top 2IMO. It's unfortunate when people come up rings when Wade was surrounded with D-leaguers. Anyways, I won't drag this thread off-topic.

Fact is, Kobe had a more dominant year than Wade and thats that. Sorry. I based my opinion on LAST YEARS alone, and the fact is Kobe got a ring and Wade did not. Excuses are not included in this argument, because if you're going to argue that Wade had a sub par team then I can argue that it is because of that, that he has inflated stats.

My placing of Lebron over Kobe should prove that I have an unbiased opinion on this topic, keeping in mind that Kobe is my favorite player of all time. Putting Lebron over him hurts but it's fact.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Fact is, Kobe had a more dominant year than Wade and thats that. Sorry. Excuses are not included in this argument.

what excuse? Please do me a favor and elaborate. I didn't intend to talk about it anymore. But please tell me what did the lakers do as a team after shaq's departure till Gasol's arrival? I am pretty sure Kobe was known as the best player even though Lakers SUCKED as team. You can't have two different opinions for the same topic.

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:28 PM
what excuse? Please do me a favor and elaborate. I didn't intend to talk about it anymore. But please tell me what did the lakers do as a team after shaq's departure till Gasol's arrival? I am pretty sure Kobe was known as the best player even though Lakers SUCKED as team. You can't have two different opinions for the same topic.

Please read carefully and I pointed out your "wade's surrounded by d-leaguers" excuse.

When the Lakers were out of the playoffs Kobe had inflated stats as well (which is the point you made of wade earlier). Try to keep up if you're going to debate.

My opinion of Lebron > Kobe > Wade has not changed. You're truly lost in this.

yoseppii12
10-16-2010, 05:29 PM
I dont like lebron but in the course of 82 games he is the best player. Hands down and it is because of stats his numbers are just way too good in every category to not be. no 1. A lot of people love Kobe and no doubts hes no 2 but he also has had a better coach and team then Lebron every year. I think coaching has a lot to do with player development.

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Howard
5. Durant
6. Melo
7. Deron Williams
8. Dirk
9. CP3
10. Gasol
11. Duncan
12. Rose
13. Bosh
14. Pierce
15. Rondo

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Please read carefully and I pointed out your "wade's surrounded by d-leaguers" excuse.

When the Lakers were out of the playoffs Kobe had inflated stats as well (which is the point you made of wade earlier). Try to keep up if you're going to debate.

My opinion of Lebron > Kobe > Wade has not changed. You're truly lost in this.

How did I lose in this? Kobe's stats were inflated but Kobe was still known as the best player in the league. Why would that change now?

MagicBucsSox
10-16-2010, 05:34 PM
espn would pick durant over dwight

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:35 PM
How did I lose in this? Kobe's stats were inflated but Kobe was still known as the best player in the league. Why would that change now?

"you are truly lost in this" - confused with what I said. Not "lost" you lost the argument.

There was no one else in the league that had the dominance in the league during Kobe's dark times in the Lakers and he was the best by default at that time. If Lebron and Wade were playing as hard as they are in this day back during those dark times, I assure you they would be in a higher platform than Kobe Bryant.

You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. You can stay bitter about Wade being 3rd in my list, but that's your problem not mine.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:39 PM
"you are truly lost in this" - confused with what I said. Not "lost" you lost the argument.

There was no one else in the league that had the dominance in the league during Kobe's dark times in the Lakers and he was the best by default at that time. If Lebron and Wade were playing as hard as they are in this day back during those dark times, I assure you they would be in a higher platform than Kobe Bryant.

You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. You can stay bitter about Wade being 3rd in my list, but that's your problem not mine.

I am not bitter at all. I am able to support my statments with facts not just blind opinion. Kobe's stats were inflated but Wade's were not. Kobe averaged 27.2 FG in his best statiscal year. Wade did 22 FG. So to say Kobe was best by default because of his stats is absolutely nonsense. Wade dominates in others aspects of the game as well.

The Prodigy
10-16-2010, 05:41 PM
My list
1.Dwyane Wade
2.LeBron James
3.Kobe Bryant
4.Dwight Howard
5.Kevin Durant
6.Deron Williams
7.Chris Paul
8.Carmelo Anthony
9.Dirk Nowitzki
10.Steve Nash
11.Tim Duncan
12.Pau Gasol
13.Chris Bosh
14.Rajon Rondo
15.Derrick Rose

IndiansFan337
10-16-2010, 05:44 PM
1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Durant

Insert huge gap between the top 3 and the 4th best player in the NBA.

PrettyBoyJ
According to Ron Artest its Kobe then Kevin Durant.. lmao

Storch
I am not bitter at all. I am able to support my statments with facts not just blind opinion. Kobe's stats were inflated but Wade's not. Kobe averaged 27.2 FG in his best statiscal year. Wade did 22 FG. So to say Kobe was best by default because of his stats is absolutely nonsense. Wade dominates in others aspects of the game as well.

:laugh:

You need to pay attention to what you're reading a little more.

Let me map this out for you:

You said Wade > Kobe because he has better stats. I said no, stats is not a measure of a player's dominance. You said yes again saying i'm irrational.

I said Lebron is more dominant than Kobe last year. You completely ignored it.

You said Wade is better than Kobe even when I said Kobe led his team to a championship arguing that Wade didn't win because he had d-leaguers. I said well if you're going to make excuses, then I can too. Due to your reasoning of Wade being the only star in his team, I counter argued that since this is in fact true he had to do more for his team thus his stats were inflated. (do you know what inflated means?) His teammates couldn't score well thus Wade had to score more.

You argued that Kobe was in a terrible team during those dark times when he had no one but odom kwame brown and smush parker on his team and he didn't make the playoffs. Well I counter argued and said that is true, however there were no other dominant players around the league at the time to be crowned as the most dominant in the game other than kobe bryant.

Now you are saying that I am talking about kobe's stats are better than wade's at this present moment? Please keep up and read carefully because you're making things up.

And with this I end this conversation because it is not worth debating with someone who can't even comprehend a non-complex discussion.

The Prodigy
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions so if you believe Kobe is better than Wade I will respect that, just as you should respect people saying Wade is better than Kobe. Its all an opinion but in a previous post you stated it was fact. Thats the only thing I'm confused about.

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions so if you believe Kobe is better than Wade I will respect that, just as you should respect people saying Wade is better than Kobe. Its all an opinion but in a previous post you stated it was fact. Thats the only thing I'm confused about.

Good point, I rescind my statement that Kobe is greater than Wade as a fact.

I do respect individuals that believe Wade is better than Kobe, but if they are going to quote my posts then I am entitled to respond.

The Prodigy
10-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Good point, I rescind my statement that Kobe is greater than Wade as a fact.

I do respect individuals that believe Wade is better than Kobe, but if they are going to quote my posts then I am entitled to respond.

Ok i was just making sure. While I do believe Wade is the best in the NBA followed by Lebron then Kobe, I will not get upset if someone changes the order. I believe those 3 are the top 3 players in the NBA. Any lower than 3 tho for any of them I have to question why they believe that.

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok i was just making sure. While I do believe Wade is the best in the NBA followed by Lebron then Kobe, I will not get upset if someone changes the order. I believe those 3 are the top 3 players in the NBA. Any lower than 3 tho for any of them I have to question why they believe that.

Though I agree, Durant and Dwight could possibly rattle the order depending on their play this coming year. Hopefully Dwight's offensive lessons from Hakeem help him out with more ppg.

Reversed86Curse
10-16-2010, 05:54 PM

* 1 LeBron James
* 2 Kobe Bryant
* 3 Dwayne Wade
* 4 Kevin Durant
* 5 Dwight Howard
* 6 Carmelo Anthony
* 7 Dirk Nowitzki
* 8 Deron Williams
* 9 Steve Nash
* 10 Rajon Rondo
* 11 Pau Gasol
* 12 Tim Duncan
* 13 Derrick Rose
* 14 Chris Bosh
* 15 Chris Paul

Great list, but one thing I'd change is bump 13-15 down and put Roy at 13

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 05:55 PM
:laugh:

You need to pay attention to what you're reading a little more.

Let me map this out for you:

You said Wade > Kobe because he has better stats. I said no, stats is not a measure of a player's dominance. You said yes again saying i'm irrational.

I said Lebron is more dominant than Kobe last year. You completely ignored it.

You said Wade is better than Kobe even when I said Kobe led his team to a championship arguing that Wade didn't win because he had d-leaguers. I said well if you're going to make excuses, then I can too. Due to your reasoning of Wade being the only star in his team, I counter argued that since this is in fact true he had to do more for his team thus his stats were inflated. (do you know what inflated means?) His teammates couldn't score well thus Wade had to score more.

You argued that Kobe was in a terrible team during those dark times when he had no one but odom kwame brown and smush parker on his team and he didn't make the playoffs. Well I counter argued and said that is true, however there were no other dominant players around the league at the time to be crowned as the most dominant in the game other than kobe bryant.

Now you are saying that I am talking about kobe's stats are better than wade's at this present moment? Please keep up and read carefully because you're making things up.

And with this I end this conversation because it is not worth debating with someone who can't even comprehend a non-complex discussion.

Please, read carefully. I said their best years. Let's put it this way, you said Kobe is the better one now because he won championships, I said I don't agree with this. Because Lakers have been simply the most talented team for last 2/3 years. That's why they won as expected. Not because of Kobe. Kobe couldn't win anything before Gasol's arrival. Now, you are saying Wade's current stats don't mean he is the better individual because he didn't win championship. I said that's not true because Kobe was the best player when his team didn't win anything. You said he was too dominant with stats. I said his stats looked too dominant because he averaged 27.2 GFA that specific year. No other player averaged anything close to that FGA attemets. But Kobe was still the best player simply because he was more skillful than others. LeBron is the best player on the planet now and Wade is the second best because they dominate more than others. Heck even Durant is more dominant than Kobe. But I will wait for this season to give Durant the 3rd place. Kobe is not the same player now. I know reality hurts but gotta deal with it.

EDIT: I don't like to use disrespectful phrases in my posts and I don't expect others to do the same. It's civil debate. Thanks.

lavilevi23
10-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Its sad how KD is overrated these days

Storch
10-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Please, read carefully. I said their best years. Let's put it this way, you said Kobe is the better one now because he won championships, I said I don't agree with this. Because Lakers have been simply the most talented team for last 2/3 years. That's why they won as expected. Not because of Kobe. Kobe couldn't win anything before Gasol's arrival. Now, you are saying Wade's current stats don't mean he is the better individual because he didn't win championship. I said that's not true because Kobe was the best player when his team didn't win anything. You said he was too dominant with stats. I said his stats looked too dominant because he averaged 27.2 GFA that specific year. No other player averaged anything close to that FGA attemets. But Kobe was still the best player simply because he was more skillful than others. LeBron is the best player on the planet now and Wade is the second best because they dominate more than others. Heck even Durant is more dominant than Kobe. But I will wait for this season to give Durant the 3rd place. Kobe is not the same player now. I know reality hurts but gotta deal with it.

In what dimension is that true? :laugh2:

Players are rated on both Offense and Defense. That ends that argument.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 06:02 PM
In what dimension is that true? :laugh2:

whatever dimension Kobe was the better player in 2005-06.

I see how you ignore the rest of the post. Haha, it's all cool. Debate is not fun when you put in time and people just ignore it. I am done with it.

jmlbnks26
10-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Based on? I will wait for your explanation. Bosh is better than Amare in pretty much every aspect of the game..well except dunking (big deal:rolleyes:)

To be honest anybody with knowledge of the game can make the case for either player if you aske me. In my opinion give me Stat. Dec 17th they will meet head on though. Get your 3D glasses too.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 06:06 PM
To be honest anybody with knowledge of the game can make the case for either player if you aske me. In my opinion give me Stat. Dec 17th they will meet head on though. Get your 3D glasses too.

LOL. I want to see the arguments for Amare.

jmlbnks26
10-16-2010, 06:08 PM
lol. I want to see the arguments for amare.

lol!

Storch
10-16-2010, 06:11 PM
whatever dimension Kobe was the better player in 2005-06.

I see how you ignore the rest of the post. Haha, it's all cool. Debate is not fun when you put in time and people just ignore it. I am done with it.

Credibility is lost with comments like the one bolded. You don't get the benefit of a response.

gsgs49
10-16-2010, 06:15 PM

This:clap: Or maybe he thinks that Rose is more beautiful than Bosh.They are searching the top 15 players,so we should have at least 30 candidates to choose.Of course Bosh should be on the list,nobody thinks Bosh isn't a top 30 right?

Storch
10-16-2010, 06:17 PM
This:clap: Or maybe he thinks that Rose is more beautiful than Bosh.They are searching the top 15 players,so we should have at least 30 candidates to choose.Of course Bosh should be on the list,nobody thinks Bosh isn't a top 30 right?

Bosh has been overrated and underrated by many since he became the third wheel in Miami. Haters are gona hate. And homers are going to worship.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Credibility is lost with comments like the one bolded. You don't get the benefit of a response.

Thanks for the feedback. I stated pretty well what I wanted. Unbaised people would see I didn't show any double standard. I have no problem with accepting the truth but as long as I am stating the facts I will stand by my statements.

gsgs49
10-16-2010, 06:21 PM
1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Durant
5.Melo
6.CP3
7.D-Will
8.Nash
9.Gasol
10.Duncan
11.Dirk
12.Howard
13.Johnson
14.Roy
15.Rose

I think your list is the horrible one!Nash and Gasol over dirk and howard:facepalm:

ManRam
10-16-2010, 06:57 PM
I think Durant, over the span of a summer, has become one of the most overrated players in basketball, perhaps in the history of basketball. He's not top 3, yet. I don't think he's better than Wade, and I don't think he's better than Dwight (Dwight's dominance on defense is far more significant than any one player is dominant on offense). Hell, I'd like to know why he is clearly better than Melo is. I do think LeBron is the best all-around player, but Kobe obviously has those rings on his side which is too much for some people to look past.

I'd move Gasol to 8, move Rondo ahead of Rose. I don't like Bosh at all, but THIS YEAR, he will easily be a top 15 player. He's going to put up amazing numbers on that team. I'm fine with Paul ahead of the rest of the PGs.

Super.
10-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Rondo > Rose

Period, End of disscusion

ManRam
10-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Tyler, feel free to call me a homer, but Dwight at 12 is hilarious.

He is more dominant on defense than any one player is on offense, by a mile. It isn't even close. He's the best defensive player perhaps to ever play the game. He turns a group of bad defenders (Lewis, Nelson, Hedo/Carter) and turns them into a top 3-5 defense year in and year out. That alone gets you top 10. His offensive game is raw, but he still scores, and he still shoots 60%. He's top 5. No ifs ands or buts about it.

adidas2307
10-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Rondo > Rose

End of discussion? Rondo < Rose.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 07:18 PM

He is more dominant on defense than any one player is on offense, by a mile. It isn't even close. He's the best defensive player perhaps to ever play the game. He turns a group of bad defenders (Lewis, Nelson, Hedo/Carter) and turns them into a top 3-5 defense year in and year out. That alone gets you top 10. His offensive game is raw, but he still scores, and he still shoots 60%. He's top 5. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Statement like this make a player seem overrated. ManRam you are way better than this.

northsider
10-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Rondo > Rose

Okay since you said so. Not sure why they did 15 and not 20 they should have stopped at 10.

ManRam
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Statement like this make a player seem overrated. ManRam you are way better than this.

Hey, I'm allowed to be a homer. I do, seriously, think that when his career is over he will go down as the best.

All time is a bit of a stretch, but I think he'll be in the discussion. Hakeem is the GOAT IMO, and as much as he memorized me on defense, Dwight is just such a freak.

I am bias because I see him night in and night out, but to turn a squad including the horrendous defense of Nelson, Carter and Lewis into a top 3-5 defense by his lonesome is something that no one else in the league can do, and no one has been able to do since Hakeem or Russel.

Now that I've elaborated, I'd love to hear a case for Dwight being #12. I really would.

John Walls Era
10-16-2010, 07:31 PM

Really? Dwights a great defender, but the best ever? I categorize him as a help defender, more than a shut down 1 on 1 guy. So he can't be the best.

Avenged
10-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I think Durant, over the span of a summer, has become one of the most overrated players in basketball, perhaps in the history of basketball. He's not top 3, yet. I don't think he's better than Wade, and I don't think he's better than Dwight (Dwight's dominance on defense is far more significant than any one player is dominant on offense). Hell, I'd like to know why he is clearly better than Melo is. I do think LeBron is the best all-around player, but Kobe obviously has those rings on his side which is too much for some people to look past.

I'd move Gasol to 8, move Rondo ahead of Rose. I don't like Bosh at all, but THIS YEAR, he will easily be a top 15 player. He's going to put up amazing numbers on that team. I'm fine with Paul ahead of the rest of the PGs.

That's exactly how I feel about Durant, and I have been saying it for a while. The guy is good, but he suddenly made this big leap among PSD posters just because 1 or 2 knowledgeable posters have him ranked right next to Lebron/Wade. I'm on the edge with Dwight being better than Durant though, his offensive skills are nothing to brag about, same can be said about Durant on the defensive end but it's something in which he's improved on..

I have Lebron, Kobe, Wade in the top 3. 4-5 to Chris Paul/Durant. 6-10 Dwight/Deron/Dirk/Gasol/Melo (in any order one sees fit).

footballer2369
10-16-2010, 08:49 PM
1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Durant

Insert huge gap between the top 3 and the 4th best player in the NBA.

:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

Have you forgotten Wade? Huge gap? Wade's better.

ZoisKing
10-16-2010, 08:58 PM
The best defensive player of all time? I could pick a handful just from the 90s who are better than Howard. That's a terrible statement to make.

Kobe in his prime would warrant discussion as the top player in the game, but not now.

Durant is terribly overrated. He's riding a ridiculous wave of fandom right now. Having said that, I like him so much as a player and as a personality. He is one player I have no problem pulling for and a large part of that is how humble he is and how he approaches the game. He deserves discussion as one of the best in the game, but he has leaped over players who have done more and are doing more currently.

Rose has good ability, but I'd still take Rondo on a talented team. He plays so well when surrounded with talent. The argument would be that Rose would as well, but Rose's game is so in tune with his team while Rose's has a lot of room for improvement.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey, I'm allowed to be a homer. I do, seriously, think that when his career is over he will go down as the best.

All time is a bit of a stretch, but I think he'll be in the discussion. Hakeem is the GOAT IMO, and as much as he memorized me on defense, Dwight is just such a freak.

I am bias because I see him night in and night out, but to turn a squad including the horrendous defense of Nelson, Carter and Lewis into a top 3-5 defense by his lonesome is something that no one else in the league can do, and no one has been able to do since Hakeem or Russel.

Now that I've elaborated, I'd love to hear a case for Dwight being #12. I really would.

Fair enough. I too think he will be in the discussion as well when it's all said and done. And whoever said Dwight is #12 is a hater or doesn't watch him. Dwight is #6 in my book after LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Durant, and CP3.

LanceUpperCut
10-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Come on Raptor fans, yes Bosh was a complete douche they way he left but he is in the top 15 player easily and every buddy putting D-Rose and Rondo on the list is crazy, maybe soon but no way right now . A guy like Bogut, Roy or Amare is better asset on a team than DRose or Rondo.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Come on Raptor fans, yes Bosh was a complete douche they way he left but he is in the top 15 player easily and every buddy putting D-Rose and Rondo on the list is crazy, maybe soon but no way right now . A guy like Bogut, Roy or Amare is better asset on a team than DRose or Rondo.

what???? i cant believe im sticking up for rondo........ but rondo runs that celtics team. no way they would of made it to the finals this year without him. rose, he has single handily took the bulls to two strait playoffs...... yea hes that good. i know bogut was injured last year, but he has yet to taste the playoffs and he has been in the league longer then rose. roy, i think is a bit overrated IMO and amare, well lets see what he does with the knicks this year without steve nash.

pujolsdabomb5
10-16-2010, 09:46 PM
thats not why I like him and think he is the best, im originally from florida so...... its not homeristic. i just dont think wade gets enough credit either.

so your a FLA guy who lives in Illinois and hes an illonois guy who plays in fla.. no bias?

dwadefan03
10-16-2010, 09:51 PM
seriously the kevin durant hype is getting ridiculous. I think hes a great great great player but he has miles to go before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as wade.

godolphins
10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
seriously the kevin durant hype is getting ridiculous. I think hes a great great great player but he has miles to go before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as wade.

He will be better than Wade when the season ends.

John Walls Era
10-16-2010, 10:05 PM

How do we measure better? Scoring wise or winning wise? Not saying the Heat will win, but they have better chances than the Thunder.

A lot of the hype had to do with him dominating the Fiba tournament. IMO Wade, Lebron or Kobe could've taken his spot and played just as well.

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 10:15 PM
How do we measure better? Scoring wise or winning wise? Not saying the Heat will win, but they have better chances than the Thunder.

A lot of the hype had to do with him dominating the Fiba tournament. IMO Wade, Lebron or Kobe could've taken his spot and played just as well.

I like Durant's game a lot but he is overhyped now.

bbblack40
10-16-2010, 10:30 PM

I agree with you Wade is number 1.

bbblack40
10-16-2010, 10:38 PM

check what durant did in the playoffs and check what wade did.... then think about the crap u just wrote...

el_primo_nano
10-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Seems correct

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 11:49 PM
so your a FLA guy who lives in Illinois and hes an illonois guy who plays in fla.. no bias?

no bias at all...... im a big orlando fan, i like the heat, but not a big fan of them. i think i started to like him when he proved me wrong. i thought the guy wasnt going to be all that when he was drafted and he proved me wrong which im no expert, but im pretty good at judging talent and i did not see his game translating to the NBA but like i said wade proved me wrong and i think after his rookie year was when i started to like him.

masalex1205
10-16-2010, 11:56 PM

Kobe, Rose, Melo overrated. CP3 underrated (he's out a year and people forget how good he is)

s2kobe
10-17-2010, 12:05 AM
i didnt even vote for bosh just everyone else then submitted

Johann
10-17-2010, 12:09 AM
wheres mike miller and udonis haslem?!?!?!

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2010, 12:23 AM
I know Kobe is the most successful but he's not the best anymore. That ended in 2008. Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now. Kobe might be the winner of the rings but that doesn't mean he's the best individual player this season.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2010, 12:25 AM
How is Rose in it too?

Brandon Roy is way better than him. You could even make the case for Joe Johnson being better.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Triple post!

I would really like to see how many people put Lebron James last. Because if they had that show up, I can guarantee LBJ would be in the top 3 when it comes to people ranking him last.

celtisox41
10-17-2010, 02:27 AM
I know this will start an argument with bulls fans but rondo is better than rose

Revolu7i9n
10-17-2010, 03:20 AM
VERY interesting to see Rose receive the 5th most 1st place votes

Knicks21
10-17-2010, 04:20 AM
I hate doing these pre season lists. So much debate and no one has enough evidence that there player will be as good as last year. Not just miami, but the whole league.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 05:02 AM
I know this will start an argument with bulls fans but rondo is better than rose

No doubt. Everyone but the bulls fans thinks Rondo is the better player, and that with a safe distance IMO.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 05:04 AM
VERY interesting to see Rose receive the 5th most 1st place votes

Not interesting rather unfortunate that some people severely lack maturity. How on earth can someone vote him for #1?

OG "Dee" LOCc
10-17-2010, 10:10 AM
how can amare not crack the top 15?....

SMH espn

bbblack40
10-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Wade is very underrated
1.Wade
2.lebron
then after them everybody is battling for number 3 look kobe has a better carrer than those 2 so far, but be real with yourselves kobe even in his prime was never as good as wade or lebron the guy is a high volume shooter, kobe is a one on one player playing a team sport if kobe teams arent stacked hes pouting and they cant win. look when shaq left they missed the playoffs and the highest they ever got was a 7th seed. hes never been a do it all guy like wade or james he only looks good when his team is stacked, if no pau gasol kobe would still be with 3 rings and we all know thats because he had shaq in his prime. and honestly this last ring the finals mvp should have went to gasol bc in all 4 he was the most consistant factor. and people putting durant in the top 3 just listening to whoever espn is pushing. the guy played horrible in the lakers series but got all the credit for pushing them to game 6 when in reality it was westbrook who caused the lakers the most problems. dont get me wrong kd will get there someday but hes not there yet he even admitted so himself saying wade, lebron, and kobe in no particular order are the best in the league.

J_M_B
10-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Decent list.. here is my list

1 Kobe Bryant
2 LeBron James
3 Dwyane Wade
4 Kevin Durant
5 Dwight Howard
6 Carmelo Anthony
7 Deron Williams
8 Chris Paul
9 Dirk Nowitzki
10 Pau Gasol
11 Brandon Roy
12 Rajon Rondo
13 Steve Nash
14 Chris Bosh
15 Tim Duncan

Raps08-09 Champ
10-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Where in the hell is Brandon Royon that poll?!?!?!?!?!

Bruno
10-17-2010, 09:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=8&listId=193#topOfList

10/17/2010 ESPN poll update:

1. Kobe Bryant (16,991) 390,417
2. LeBron James (6,597) 358,016
3. Kevin Durant (2,473) 353,368
4. Dwyane Wade (647) 317,561
5. Dwight Howard (113) 248,847
6. Carmelo Anthony (171) 244,605
7. Chris Paul (51) 198,660
8. Dirk Nowitzki (105) 176,099
9. Deron Williams (159) 155,145
10. Steve Nash (157) 154,095
11. Pau Gasol (22) 153,078
12. Tim Duncan (166) 134,196
13. Derrick Rose (225) 120,427
14. Rajon Rondo (152) 110,424
15. Chris Bosh (7) 106,204

Total SportsNation Votes: 28,036

On the PSD #1 player poll Bryant received 174 first place votes (48.88% of the vote), LeBron received 154 first place votes (42.98% of the vote) [356 total voters]. ESPN polls 28,036 total people and 16,991 of them (61%) ranked Bryant 1st, 6,597 voters ranked James 1st (24% of the vote), 2,473 voters ranked Durant 1st (9% of the vote).

Interesting how the percentages shift when you start polling significantly larger groups of people.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533596

5ass
10-17-2010, 09:22 PM

1.Lebron
2.bryant
3.wade
4.dwight howard
5.chris paul
6.kevin durant
7.carmelo anthony
8.dirk nowitzki
9.deron williams
10.steve nash
11.pau gasol
12.tim duncan
13.chris bosh
14.Derrick Rose
15.Rondo

aussie
10-17-2010, 11:40 PM
cp3 is top 5

jerellh528
10-18-2010, 01:03 AM
1.Kobe
2.(lebron, wade)
3.durant
4.melo
5.cp3

everyone else

MacFitz92
10-18-2010, 01:10 AM

What do you mean when you thought about it? So you talked crap about a player, and said "Oh, wait I thought about it and I'm going to change the crap I was talking about one player to a different player." Sounds like someone just wants to talk crap to me.

By the way, Dirk's playoff numbers are significantly better than his regular season numbers.

Baller1
10-18-2010, 02:04 AM
1.Kobe
2.(lebron, wade)
3.durant
4.melo
5.cp3

everyone else

Common misconception.

DoJoTheSlasher
10-18-2010, 02:05 AM
hahah it's funny. People think Wade is better than Kobe! hahahahahahha

And Deron Williams is not better than Dirk.........

But anyways, Wade will be better than Kobe, once he is on MJ's level. Oh wait that will never be.

Oh Heat fans..........

DoJoTheSlasher
10-18-2010, 02:10 AM
check what durant did in the playoffs and check what wade did.... then think about the crap u just wrote...

Wade got eliminated in the first round and got so much praise for his stats. Dirk puts up similar, if not better stats pretty much every year and gets eliminated in the 1st or 2nd (due to his teammates) and gets blasted as a guy who doesn't show up. Why does Wade get praise but Dirk doesnt? Doesn't add up....

Baller1
10-18-2010, 02:12 AM

But anyways, Wade will be better than Kobe, once he is on MJ's level. Oh wait that will never be.

Oh Heat fans..........

Yes he is.

Baller1
10-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Wade got eliminated in the first round and got so much praise for his stats. Dirk puts up similar, if not better stats pretty much every year and gets eliminated in the 1st or 2nd (due to his teammates) and gets blasted as a guy who doesn't show up. Why does Wade get praise but Dirk doesnt? Doesn't add up....

Didn't Wade beat Dirk in the Finals?

There's your answer.

DoJoTheSlasher
10-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Didn't Wade beat Dirk in the Finals?

There's your answer.

No, Stern and the 3 refs beat Dirk.

And just because a player beats another player in the Finals, means he is great for losing in the first round later years?

And no Williams is not better than Dirk.

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 02:57 AM

Oh Heat fans..........

What does that mean here?

You seem to be bitter on 2006. Sorry on behalf of Wade if that's still a pain in the *****.

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 03:01 AM
And just because a player beats another player in the Finals, means he is great for losing in the first round later years?

Yes. Wade never had similar talents as Dirk since 2007. Please, don't tell me you are comparing Drik with Wade and actually thinking Dirk is a top 3 player, that would be a miserable failure of brain neurons.

Basketash
10-18-2010, 04:27 AM

Dirk has/had a better team, that's why.

DoJoTheSlasher
10-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Yes. Wade never had similar talents as Dirk since 2007. Please, don't tell me you are comparing Drik with Wade and actually thinking Dirk is a top 3 player, that would be a miserable failure of brain neurons.

I know Wade is better than Dirk but I still think Dirk is a top 5 player and he is better in the clutch than Wade.

Besides the "Finals", Wade really hasn't led his team to the playoffs, in the low east. Dirk leads his team to the playoffs each year and his teammates fail to show up.

Wouldn't a top 3 player who supposedly is better than Kobe (Heat fans) have his team in contention every year?

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I know Wade is better than Dirk but I still think Dirk is a top 5 player and he is better in the clutch than Wade.

Besides the "Finals", Wade really hasn't led his team to the playoffs, in the low east. Dirk leads his team to the playoffs each year and his teammates fail to show up.

Wouldn't a top 3 player who supposedly is better than Kobe (Heat fans) have his team in contention every year?

Let me ask you this "How many years have you been following NBA?" This is an honest question. You seemed to be totally lost here. Wade led his team to conference semi in his rookie year with a young team (Odom, butler). In his sophomore year Heat lost to Pistons in 7th game of ECF (Wade was injured, didn't play game 6 while the Heat was leading the series 3-2, and was limited in game 7). In his 3rd year he led his team to championship with arguably the greatest performance in final's history. Then he was injured for 2 seasons. Last 2 years he played with teammates who couldn't even start on other nba teams, yet he took them to the playoffs.
Now you definitely don't want me to start with mavs teams. Do you? Mavs has had stacked teams over the years and still they managed to go home after first round for the love of God.

And Kobe? Well, go and check out Lakers from 2004-2008.

DoJoTheSlasher
10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Let me ask you this "How many years have you been following NBA?" This is an honest question. You seemed to be totally lost here. Wade led his team to conference semi in his rookie year with a young team (Odom, butler). In his sophomore year Heat lost to Pistons in 7th game of ECF (Wade was injured, didn't play game 6 while the Heat was leading the series 3-2, and was limited in game 7). In his 3rd year he led his team to championship with arguably the greatest performance in final's history. Then he was injured for 2 seasons. Last 2 years he played with teammates who couldn't even start on other nba teams, yet he took them to the playoffs.
Now you definitely don't want me to start with mavs teams. Do you? Mavs has had stacked teams over the years and still they managed to go home after first round for the love of God.

And Kobe? Well, go and check out Lakers from 2004-2008.

This isn't Mavs vs Heat, It's Wade vs Dirk. Dirk's teammates lose each year. If you look into deeper stats, you will find that Dirk is one of THE GREATEST post season performers of all time. OF ALL TIME.

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/50811/t/Lets-see-how-awesome-Dirk-really-is-the-playing-with-numbers.html

Read some of those on there.

And I'm not taking away from Wade. I think he is the 3rd best player in the game. It's just you Heat fans treat him like he is almost as good as MJ and saying he is definately better than Kobe. How?

Hawkeye15
10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
off the top of my head, without looking at stats, etc

1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Paul
7. Dirk
8. Duncan
9. Gasol
10. Deron
11. Roy
12. Melo
13. Nash
14. Bosh
15. Amare

I am sure I would shift around a tiny bit if I took the time to really look at their numbers, roster, etc.

dnewguy
10-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't even understand why people Rank Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant and Howard, when we clearly know that whomever have the best teammates will come out on top. They're great talents that dominate their peers, it's their teammate that determines who wins among that group. I'll refrain from ranking any of those guys.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't even understand why people Rank Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant and Howard, when we clearly know that whomever have the best teammates will come out on top. They're great talents that dominate their peers, it's their teammate that determines who wins among that group. I'll refrain from ranking any of those guys.

this is true, but you can subjectively rank players imo.

eugene
10-18-2010, 03:45 PM
LeBron over Kobe, Wade over Durant, CP3 up to 5 and Rondo over Rose imo

agree

Jahari Kavi
10-18-2010, 06:19 PM

lebron
wade
durant
howard
kobe
williams
cp3
ect.

mine would look something like this (Melo would be ahead of Williams and so would CP3..I also have to still place Kobe before Howard).....I think the 2 best players in the NBA are in south beach....

Avenged
10-18-2010, 06:22 PM
cp3 is top 5

Yep, he's a little higher up than 5 when healthy.

BALLER71
10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
lol... people still think Kobe is better than Lebron. Oh ma lawd.

smith&wesson
10-18-2010, 06:41 PM
wheres brandon roy ?? i take brandon roy over rondo any day ... ANY DAY. dont even argue it. theres no point.

BALLER71
10-18-2010, 06:42 PM
off the top of my head, without looking at stats, etc

1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Paul
7. Dirk
8. Duncan
9. Gasol
10. Deron
11. Roy
12. Melo
13. Nash
14. Bosh
15. Amare

I am sure I would shift around a tiny bit if I took the time to really look at their numbers, roster, etc.

This would be my list, except I wouldn't have Bosh in the top 15. And this is from a Heat fan.

Avenged
10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Expect Bosh to move into top 10 consideration now that he's on a team due for success.

Shammyguy3
10-18-2010, 07:19 PM
That is a god awful list, from top to bottom

footballer2369
10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Paul
7. Melo
8. Gasol
9. Deron
10. Dirk
11. Duncan
12. Roy
13. Nash
14. Bosh
15. Amare

For me... Similar to Hawkeye with some minor adjustments...

The Prodigy
10-18-2010, 07:42 PM
1. Wade
2. Lebron
3. Kobe
4. Paul
5. Howard
6. Williams
7. Durant
8. Mello
9. Dirk
10. Duncan
11. Roy
12. Bosh
13. Nash
14. Amare
15. Gasol

Knicks21
10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Paul
7. Melo
8. Gasol
9. Deron
10. Dirk
11. Duncan
12. Roy
13. Nash
14. Bosh
15. Amare

For me... Similar to Hawkeye with some minor adjustments...

This.

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 08:35 PM
This isn't Mavs vs Heat, It's Wade vs Dirk. Dirk's teammates lose each year. If you look into deeper stats, you will find that Dirk is one of THE GREATEST post season performers of all time. OF ALL TIME.

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/50811/t/Lets-see-how-awesome-Dirk-really-is-the-playing-with-numbers.html

Read some of those on there.

And I'm not taking away from Wade. I think he is the 3rd best player in the game. It's just you Heat fans treat him like he is almost as good as MJ and saying he is definately better than Kobe. How?

What???? I replied your post where you said "what did wade do in the playoffs?" Or "Shouldn't he take his team to contention every year?" You seem to lost buddy. I won't waste my time here. Your thoughts are not coherent. And no Heat fan said Wade is as good as MJ. Show me if anyone said that and I will bet my PSD account on that.
Advance stats show that Wade has been better than Kobe since 2008. Go over this (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541694) because I don't feel like wrinting the same thing over and over again.

Avenged
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Everyone is doing it..

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Paul
7. Deron
8. Dirk
9. Gasol
10. Duncan
11. Melo
12. Roy
13. Nash
14. Bosh
15. Amare

DaBUU
10-19-2010, 12:25 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. Deron
7. Paul
8. Dirk
9. Gasol
10. Melo
11. Roy
12. Rose
13. Bosh
14. Rondo
15. Duncan

Why is everyone acting like Bosh hasn't been one of the best PF's since he came into the league? He has his faults and isn't your prototypical down on the block, back to the basket forward, but he still has a lot of tools and a big skill set. The guy has been a perennial all star for a reason, he belongs in the top 15.

t_money25
10-19-2010, 01:40 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Howard
5. Deron
6. Paul
7. Melo
8. Gasol
9. Durant
10. Dirk
11. Rondo
12. Bosh
13. Amare
14. Roy
15. Rose

Knickfansince97
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
lebrons not better than kobe . not yet maybe next year

Hawkeye15
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
lebrons not better than kobe . not yet maybe next year

I think there has been enough discussion on PSD about who the #1 player is. And it has led to nowhere.

Brooklyn Mets
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM

x2

Ollie Tabooger
10-19-2010, 02:16 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Dwight
5. Durant
6. CP3
7. Deron
8. Dirk
9. Melo
10. Nash
11. Duncan
12. Pau
13. Roy
14. Rondo
15. Stoudemire

The Prodigy
10-19-2010, 02:17 PM

x2

Umm there happens to be a player named Dwyane Wade