PDA

View Full Version : Portland tried to get CP3 in 4 team deal.

JordansBulls
10-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Link (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/basketball/104925074_Iannazzone__Derrick_doing_Nets_no_Favors .html)

The Trail Blazers recently tried to acquire Chris Paul from the Hornets in what would have been a blockbuster four-team trade, according to league sources.

In the deal Paul would have gone to Portland, Devin Harris and Kris Humphries (and others) would have landed in New Orleans, Derrick Favors to Denver and New Jersey would have acquired Carmelo Anthony and Andre Miller.

Jumba
10-15-2010, 12:55 PM
So Portland would basically trade Miller for Paul?... And thats fair how?

Hoopsadvocate
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Already posted.

Ty Fast
10-15-2010, 01:05 PM
imagine if they had drafted him #3 overall instead of trading the pick to utah (which they used to take d-will) like i said they should have at the time

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't believe it ...

Get CP3 by only giving Paul and in the same time Hornets only get Harris ...

saintdrew
10-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't believe it ...

Get CP3 by only giving Paul and in the same time Hornets only get Harris ...

^ This.

I read constant information on the Hornets and I know damn well that GM Dell Demps & Monty Williams would not have agreed to a trade like this.

To me, the deal sounds like a classic homer trade that I see people posting on here.

fredo832
10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
all I can say is that would have been a nice trade for all four teams

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Roy ha sgone public about not being comfortable with Miller becaus ee wants to have the ball in his hands.

I wonder why portland think Cp3 and Roy is a good combination....

JoeDirt05
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
this was a real trade offer if any of you have espn insider its under the nba rumor page

td0tsfinest
10-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I think someone already posted this but man this would've been a big trade. The Blazers could have had the best backcourt in basketball.

beasted86
10-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Andre Miller for Chris Paul.... hmmm.....

Some NBA fans don't know how to sift through the BS and realize what trades had no chance to happen. Sure, it could have been a very real offer, but it's not worth mentioning if it had no chance of actually happening.

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I like how people think Bulsshit trades dont happen.

Sepcially when anthony said he is not resigning and paul has hinted that too.

Can someone referesh me the players involverd in

Charles barkley trade to suns.

Vince carter trade to Nets.

Webber trade to sixers

Kg trade to celtics.

Ray allen trade to celtics.

Pau gasol trade to Lakers.

Jamsion tade to cavs......

29$JerZ
10-15-2010, 02:09 PM
So CP3 goes to Portland and they only lose Miller?
Melo goes to NJ and Denver only gets back Favors?
Yeah, that's not happening.

Mplsman
10-15-2010, 02:09 PM
That would have been a huge trade and powershift.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 02:11 PM

Webber trade to sixers

Kg trade to celtics.

Those are quality guys there HC, but to be fair, all but Pau, Barkley, and VC were traded well past their primes to the teams you mentioned. But you could also throw in Drexler to Houston.

beasted86
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM

Webber trade to sixers

Kg trade to celtics.

Can someone explain to me when once in the history of basketball a team was predicted (made playoffs past season and retained core) or was on pace (a winning team) to make the playoffs and traded their franchise player anytime from October to February and recieved role players in return?

I'm reviewing in my head all of the big blockbuster trades for top 1 or 2 players on a team, and I can't think of 1 single event in the past ~22 years since I've been watching ball this has happened. Every trade that has happened between October and the trade deadline have been for equal level talent, or the team was clearly rebuilding and wasn't going to make the playoffs.

So sorry... I don't tend to believe in these types of deals at this point in the season.

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Can someone explain to me when once in the history of basketball a team was predicted (made playoffs past season and retained core) or was on pace (a winning team) to make the playoffs and traded their franchise player anytime from October to February and recieved role players in return?

I'm reviewing in my head all of the big blockbuster trades for top 1 or 2 players on a team, and I can't think of 1 single event in the past ~22 years since I've been watching ball this has happened. Every trade that has happened between October and the trade deadline have been for equal level talent, or the team was clearly rebuilding and wasn't going to make the playoffs.

So sorry... I don't tend to believe in these types of deals at this point in the season.

were the players expirings?

Are th honrents going to make the playoffs?

beasted86
10-15-2010, 02:25 PM
were the players expirings?
Expiring or not, I still can't think of even 1 time that happened.
June - August is trade season for playoff teams or expected playoff teams, not October - February.

Are th honrents going to make the playoffs?
We don't know yet. But if they were going to trade Paul before the season it would have been June - August as described by my theory. If by midseason they aren't looking in playoff form, then they might trade him, which again would follow my theory. But surely this deal in the OP has no chance because the Nuggets are for sure a playoff team, so aren't likely to trade Carmelo mid season for role players... only similar level talent.

Playoff teams simply don't trade their best players for role players midseason.

Khalifa21
10-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Portland receive: Chris Paul
Portland give: Andre Miller

That is where this trade failed and probably never even got off the ground.

valade16
10-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Has Everyone in this Thread decided to be dense on purpose to screw with me?

Notice how their are no picks in the proposal...

Picks are part of any deal like that, portland was probably giving up 2 1st rounders in that deal...

Lol at eveyone thinking they seriously proposed miller for paul...

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 09:59 PM
What a bad trade. Also I don't think CP is a good fit in Portland. Not saying Portland wouldn't be better, but what they really need is an upgrade at SF and a really good C (Healthy Oden would omit this).

saintdrew
10-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Guys, I'm seriously not brash at all or trying to influence your thoughts and/or opinion but trust me when I tell you that the Hornets would have NEVER done this deal.

I know Blazers and Nets fans and fans of Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul are probably caught up in all the 'hoopla' over this "trade" and probably trying to somehow justify how the trade would have worked, but I promise you it would have never happened. You have to understand that when we [Hornets] traded Darren Collison to the Pacers that was a symbol of us NOT trading Chris Paul.

And don't get all mad and reply back saying that Paul is going to leave New Orleans but we suck, yadda yadda yadda... so what if he leaves? You never know what's going to happen. Paul doesn't have a trade clause and his contract is up in 2 years.... We'll see then.

So I'm just reiterating that this trade would have never happened and I wouldn't be surprised if the trade was started on something like "Ronnie's Sports Blog" or another insignificant source. It would have never happened.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2010, 03:40 AM
this was posted a couple days ago.

JOSKOMANG4
10-16-2010, 09:37 AM
As a Net Fan, I would of been a pig-in-**** if this deal happened!!

C: Brook Lopez/Johan Petro/Brian Zoubek
PF: Travis OUtlaw/J.Smith
SF: Melo/Damion James/S.Graham
SG: Anthony Morrow/Terrence Williams(6th man)/Quinton Ross
PG: A.Miller/Jordan Farmar/Ben Uzoh

JordansBulls
10-17-2010, 08:24 PM
this was posted a couple days ago.

Really???

D Roses Bulls
10-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Really???

yea by me, lol

Ty Fast
10-17-2010, 10:17 PM
cp3 aint going anywhere

el_primo_nano
10-17-2010, 10:24 PM
I dont believe it. BS news source. No draft picks involved to Denver or New Orleans. lol. try again buddy

NYK|NYY
10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
The real problem is NO not getting enough back for moving cp3. Only Harris (of value). Not enough, imo.

beasted86
10-17-2010, 11:11 PM
As a Net Fan, I would of been a pig-in-**** if this deal happened!!

C: Brook Lopez/Johan Petro/Brian Zoubek
PF: Travis OUtlaw/J.Smith
SF: Melo/Damion James/S.Graham
SG: Anthony Morrow/Terrence Williams(6th man)/Quinton Ross
PG: A.Miller/Jordan Farmar/Ben Uzoh

I don't mean to rain on your "if it would have happened" parade, but Nets simply cannot trade away both your PFs and expect to go anywhere with Outlaw starting at PF. The team will still be pretty weak.... I know some Nets fans would just be happy to get Carmelo, but your team wouldn't be a lot better.

Nets best shot is just wait until the summer and sign him outright... then trade Outlaw and try to re-sign Murphy.