PDA

View Full Version : Jordan talks modern day NBA

BOSTON617
10-15-2010, 10:38 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Jordan-I-could-have-scored-100-points-in-toda?urn=nba-277020

:clap: i agree its def not a physical sport like it use to be!

effen5
10-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Misleading title. He never rips the NBA, he just says its a different type of game.

DaBUU
10-15-2010, 10:44 AM
G.O.A.T. can say whatever he wants. And he didnt rip the NBA, just says its different and he could score 100 today.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM
When players like Bird, Jordan and Magic talk, I listen These are greats..All these younger kids get all mad and say "Well Jordan is overrated Lebron is better" They never got to see how hard these guys played. I wish the NBA would go back to this it was so good. And all the teams wanted to win, Not hang out after the game.

Geargo Wallace
10-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Why would Jordan Farmar rip the NBA?

pacofunk64
10-15-2010, 10:58 AM
He's right...the league is soft. Some of you probably remember those Bulls-Knicks games? Jordan got his *** whooped up on but was still dropping 30-40 on them. Jordan would average 40+ on multiple occassion and thus further establishing himself as the best god damn player.

Jaji
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Jordan couldn't score 100 points in a game. If you ask me, he sounds really insecure. He's saying this stuff to try to keep his legacy alive. Truthfully he's scared as ***** wondering what people will think when LeBron finishes with more titles than him :cool:.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Jordan is 100% right

They should change the "B" in NBA to stand for baby, cuz that is what it is today compared to 90s and before

leftymo
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
G.O.A.T. can say whatever he wants. And he didnt rip the NBA, just says its different and he could score 100 today.

oh i doubt that... no more 6'4" white guys guarding him...

BOSTON617
he basically is saying if he played today nobody would stop him witch is kind of talking smack about the nba.... he is basically saying that lebron, kobe, wade etc are all ******* and need free throws to make baskets.... thats how i look at this article and i agree i feel when Jordan was playing he went to the hoop hard and didnt get every call..

so i guess he isn't ripping the nba but its definatly not positive lol

Pierzynski4Prez
Jordan couldn't score 100 points in a game. If you ask me, he sounds really insecure. He's saying this stuff to try to keep his legacy alive. Truthfully he's scared as ***** wondering what people will think when LeBron finishes with more titles than him :cool:.

Yea, I'm sure about that:rolleyes:

Lebron needs to win 3 before Jordan even gives a **** about lebron passing him.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 11:01 AM
People need to watch any Knicks-Bulls games from Jordans 1st 3peat and see what players got away with then, and compare it to now. The whole knicks starting 5 would fould out by halftime if they played today.

leftymo
10-15-2010, 11:03 AM
When players like Bird, Jordan and Magic talk, I listen These are greats..All these younger kids get all mad and say "Well Jordan is overrated Lebron is better" They never got to see how hard these guys played. I wish the NBA would go back to this it was so good. And all the teams wanted to win, Not hang out after the game.

I'm not a lebron fan, but he has an all around game that Jordan never had, and Lebron completely lacks the desire to dominate/win.

Since I grew up idolizing the true GOAT, I can speak intelligently about how the game was before, then in the 90's, and finally currently. It's definitely not as physical as the 90's which was built on defense, but to suggest that MJ would dominate in this era is ridiculous. I'd suggest he'd struggle. How else would you explain his 50+ FG% in the 80's and his sub 50% FG in the 90's?

He'd be good, but not better, and his numbers would probably actually be inferior to what he actually accomplished.

xbrackattackx
People need to watch any Knicks-Bulls games from Jordans 1st 3peat and see what players got away with then, and compare it to now. The whole knicks starting 5 would fould out by halftime if they played today.

tr3ymill3r
Couldn't agree more...I really can't wait for us to just go ahead and pass stem cell research for cloning. Just think if we could see Magic, Bird and Jordan Vs Kobe, LeBron and Dirk. Getting back to the point though, the game is a lot less physical, just look at the new technical foul rules they are implementing, hopefully these rules get thrown out like that spaceball they used up until the All-Star game a few seasons ago. The proof is in the pudding, just look at the clip where Bill Laimbeer VS a guy like Rasheed or Ron Artest. Laimbeer could have committed murder, and the refs would have just warned him, meanwhile Rasheed throws his hands in the air and spins, and let's out a few choice words and get's kicked out. Not to mention Jordan is a competitor and if a team was interested in his services I'd almost guarantee that he'd sign on the dotted line. If the the Bobcats need SF for a few games, he'll lace the Air Jordans one more time. JB dont get too excited lol

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm not a lebron fan, but he has an all around game that Jordan never had, and Lebron completely lacks the desire to dominate/win.

Since I grew up idolizing the true GOAT, I can speak intelligently about how the game was before, then in the 90's, and finally currently. It's definitely not as physical as the 90's which was built on defense, but to suggest that MJ would dominate in this era is ridiculous. I'd suggest he'd struggle. How else would you explain his 50+ FG% in the 80's and his sub 50% FG in the 90's?

He'd be good, but not better, and his numbers would probably actually be inferior to what he actually accomplished.

I never said he would Dominate, I was agreeing the the game has change a lot.

I think Lebron has a solid game one of the most talented ever, But his game is not as Driven as the Jordans and Birds they wanted to win and would push as hard as possible..

Hawkeye15
10-15-2010, 11:08 AM
how many of you are old enough to remember Jordan in his playing days? All he did was talk shizz. And backed it up. As he would do now if he were still in his prime.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 11:09 AM
how many of you are old enough to remember Jordan in his playing days? All he did was talk shizz. And backed it up. As he would do now if he were still in his prime.

It's clear that anyone who is trying to bring down Jordan's game never got to watch him play on a regular basis.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2010, 11:15 AM
It's clear that anyone who is trying to bring down Jordan's game never got to watch him play on a regular basis.

seriously, there are people here acting as if he is a geezer who would be wowed with the athletes today. 6'6", 210 lbs, hands that were huge, 40+ inch vertical leap, body control over anyone in history. A 28 year old MJ, in the hand check era, would average 40 if he wanted to, easily. He is still better than anyone today if you simply shipped him through time from 1990 to now. And its by quite a bit.

BOSTON617
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
uh oo is this a sign jordan is coming back lol he should sign with the celtics we need more vets lmao

dnewguy
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I don't get why Jordan is talking...the guy committed more uncalled offensive fouls than anyone in NBA history. He had more chance to score when he played than now, all the things he got away with offensively back then, he couldn't anymore, yet he has the guts to say he can score 100. What a joker.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't get why Jordan is talking...the guy committed more uncalled offensive fouls than anyone in NBA history. He had more chance to score when he played than now, all the things he got away with offensively back then, he couldn't anymore, yet he has the guts to say he can score 100. What a joker.

you continue to amaze me with your brilliant logic new guy

Max Power

Source?

No, I get it, you're just trying to be funny.

Da Knicks

Got mad respect for Jordan, I never liked the guy for all his trash talk but he always came through in the clutch. Lets not act like he didnt get some sissy calls too though, while he would hack people and get away with it. Kobe and Lebron get those same calls now which makes me sick. All in all Jordan is goat and none of these guys today come close-maybe Lebron will when he gets some rings.

DaBUU
10-15-2010, 11:22 AM

:facepalm:

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Sigh...Please stop posting.

dnewguy
10-15-2010, 11:23 AM
seriously, there are people here acting as if he is a geezer who would be wowed with the athletes today. 6'6", 210 lbs, hands that were huge, 40+ inch vertical leap, body control over anyone in history. A 28 year old MJ, in the hand check era, would average 40 if he wanted to, easily. He is still better than anyone today if you simply shipped him through time from 1990 to now. And its by quite a bit.

40? Is that a joke. He won't average more than 30ppg IMO. All of you act as if players today aren't limited offensively than back then...watch the old videos when MJ was playing, all you see is palming, double dribbles, 3 sec violations that weren't even called. Look at how Jordan made most of his game winners, he pushes other players away (remember Utah), using your hand to protect the other player from blocking or defending you is now a offensive foul....Jordan had more to work with back then. If Kobe and Lebron could get away with half what Jordan got away with, they'll be averaging 40.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I would never say MJ didn't get the benefit of some calls. But he was also manhandled at times with no call. Go watch the Bulls-Pistons series, and watch Jordan cutting through the lane. The things that happened to him would nowadays have Laimbeer, Salley, and Edwards being kicked out of the game

Hawkeye15
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
40? Is that a joke. He won't average more than 30ppg IMO. All of you act as if players today aren't limited offensively than back then...watch the old videos when MJ was playing, all you see is palming, double dribbles, 3 sec violations that weren't even called. Look at how Jordan make most of his game winners, he pushes other players away, using your hand to protect the other player fom blocking or defending you is now a offensive fouls....Jordan had more to work with now. If Kobe and Lebron could get away with halt what Jordan got away with, they'll be averaging 40.

no, its not a joke. How old are you? Just curious.

nyballa1991
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM

its callled getting older, c'mon guys...this is a guy who put up 20 points 6 boards and 4 assists at the age of 40!!

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Got mad respect for Jordan, I never liked the guy for all his trash talk but he always came through in the clutch. Lets not act like he didnt get some sissy calls too though, while he would hack people and get away with it. Kobe and Lebron get those same calls now which makes me sick. All in all Jordan is goat and none of these guys today come close-maybe Lebron will when he gets some rings.

You guys in NY have to just loathe MJ. NY and Utah, I feel for you folks.

Jaji
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Yea, I'm sure about that:rolleyes:

Lebron needs to win 3 before Jordan even gives a **** about lebron passing him.

I watched every Finals game he ever played, and just about every playoff game he played from the 1989-90 season and on.

That being said, he sounds very insecure. Why the need to come out and "defend" yourself like he's doing? Dissing LeBron for signing with the Heat is a b!tch move if you ask me. He's already making excuses. Jordan won his first title at age 28, and finished with 6. LeBron may very well win his first at age 26 and has plenty of years left to win many more. And in a league where the greats seem to be judged only by rings, LeBron poses a serious threat to MJ.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
40? Is that a joke. He won't average more than 30ppg IMO. All of you act as if players today aren't limited offensively than back then...watch the old videos when MJ was playing, all you see is palming, double dribbles, 3 sec violations that weren't even called. Look at how Jordan made most of his game winners, he pushes other players away (remember Utah), using your hand to protect the other player from blocking or defending you is now a offensive foul....Jordan had more to work with back then. If Kobe and Lebron could get away with half what Jordan got away with, they'll be averaging 40.

You're hysterical new guy. He averaged 37 and 35 in 2 of his seasons. You think those would only translate to 30 ppg in more scorer friendly league now?

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM
I watched every Finals game he ever played, and just about every playoff game he played from the 1989-90 season and on.

That being said, he sounds very insecure. Why the need to come out and "defend" yourself like he's doing? Dissing LeBron for signing with the Heat is a b!tch move if you ask me. He's already making excuses. Jordan won his first title at age 28, and finished with 6. LeBron may very well win his first at age 26 and has plenty of years left to win many more. And in a league where the greats seem to be judged only by rings, LeBron poses a serious threat to MJ.

LEBRON! is that you???

tking07
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM

You by far are the WORST hater ever...

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM

Isn't basically everybody in the NBA not affiliated with the Heat also dissing Lebron?

And again, you say he "may win a title at 26." Again, may. Michael DID win 6.

Start talking about this when Lebron is on 3 going for 4.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM

I don't need to I watched the games live on NBC 20 years ago. But anyways you are discrediting him to much.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-15-2010, 11:30 AM

That is such a typical Lebron fanboy response... Lebron is an amazing player but all his legacy credibility is tarnished. He will win a title or two.. But even if he wins 7 or 8 nobody will ever look at him in the same breathe as Jordan. Look what Kobe has accomplished and he still prob won't be considered to be on the same level as Jordan.. Let lebron reach Kobe status first b4 u make outrageous claims like that..

dnewguy
10-15-2010, 11:31 AM
no, its not a joke. How old are you? Just curious.

So are you telling me that all the offensive foul rules we have now were also available during Jordan? Today's game is cleaner and more professional. Imagine if Lebron was playing back then, he will be averaging 50. There have been more rules limiting players offensively since Jordan left the league...lets be honest here. All you guys mention is the hand check, but you fail to mention how offensive players also cannot push away the defender like Jordan used to do.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 11:33 AM
That is such a typical Lebron fanboy response... Lebron is an amazing player but all his legacy credibility is tarnished. He will win a title or two.. But even if he wins 7 or 8 nobody will ever look at him in the same breathe as Jordan. Look what Kobe has accomplished and he still prob won't be considered to be on the same level as Jordan.. Let lebron reach Kobe status first b4 u make outrageous claims like that..

dnewguy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPQ3QxDZ1s

Can anyone get away with this now?

BOSTON617

this nobody esp lebron will ever be considered better then jordan.... jordan did it alone he was the team you have the argument that pippen was a top player in the nba at the time but i would compare pippen to a player like pierce hes not on the wade, lebron, and bosh level

Hawkeye15
10-15-2010, 11:34 AM
So are you telling me that all the offensive foul rules we have now were also available during Jordan? Today's game is cleaner and more professional. Imagine if Lebron was playing back then, he will be averaging 50. There have been more rules limiting players offensively since Jordan left the league...lets be honest here. All you guys mention is the hand check, but you fail to mention how offensive players also cannot push away the defender like Jordan used to do.

age?

Jaji
10-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Isn't basically everybody in the NBA not affiliated with the Heat also dissing Lebron?

Yeah everyone is dissing him and they all sound lame. Charles Barkley? What a hypocrite! He did the same thing joining Olajuwon, Pippen, and Drexler in Houston. Only difference is LeBron is the main attraction is Miami, Barkley was just tagging along. Magic Johnson too. He forced his way onto a loaded LA team. Said he wouldn't enter the draft if the Lakers didn't have the top pick. They're all just hating on the kid who's changing the game.

And again, you say he "may win a title at 26." Again, may. Michael DID win 6.

Start talking about this when Lebron is on 3 going for 4.

That's funny, especially since this thread is about an old man saying what he "could" do in today's game :rolleyes:.

JordansBulls
10-15-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542542