PDA

View Full Version : Once Brothers

Mave1002
10-14-2010, 11:04 PM
"Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic were two of the greatest European basketball players of all time. Vlade retired recently, and Drazen, sadly, died back in 1993 in an automobile accident. Had he lived, he would probably be a household name by now, just like Divac is. After the war broke out in former Yugoslavia, however, these two teammates stopped talking Vlade is a Serb, while Drazen was a Croat, and the nationalistic rhetorics in both countries must have influenced them, just like many other friends and colleagues at the time, even family members. Even though Divac managed to set things straight with former teammates, Croatians Toni Kukoc and Dino Radja, he was too late to make peace with Drazen."

http://www.belgraded.com/blog/sports/drazen-petrovic-vlade-divac-once-brothers-jednom-braca

I think this story is a must see for every Basketball fan in the world. :)

godolphins
10-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Been posted already

Geargo Wallace
10-14-2010, 11:56 PM
buddy this is soooooooooooooooooo 3 days ago...

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 12:28 AM
buddy this is soooooooooooooooooo 3 days ago...

mm your sig is soooooooooooooo 20 years ago... :D

GodsSon
10-15-2010, 12:38 AM

Pwned

Geargo Wallace
10-15-2010, 12:52 AM

mm your eng is sooooooooooooooooooooooo good :rolleyes:

Geargo Wallace
10-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Pwned

I know you're joking lol

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 12:58 AM
mm your eng is sooooooooooooooooooooooo good :rolleyes:

enough to keep me alive in the world

lakers4sho
10-15-2010, 02:02 AM
Back to the original topic, did Draz actually sign with Panathinaikos, or was that just a rumor? He and the Nets did fairly well in the '92-'93 season I believe :shrug:

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Back to the original topic, did Draz actually sign with Panathinaikos, or was that just a rumor? He and the Nets did fairly well in the '92-'93 season I believe :shrug:

unconfirmed rumor.

NYKalltheway
10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Confirmed ;)

His parents even attended a Panathinaikos game that season and were given a gift as well. Panathinaikos even paid the whole of the agreed 3 year contract to his family ;)

NYKalltheway
10-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Le Garie was agent and the late Drazen Petrovic for which said that before the accident, was en route to Panathinaikos: "Typically it had signed a contract. But basically agreed to return to Europe to play for Panathinaikos. We agreed and lived just a few details. I'm sure that if things had become so tragic would have signed with Panathinaikos.

http://www.newstime.gr/?i=nt.el.article&id=43232 via google translate

Hellcrooner
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Le Garie was agent and the late Drazen Petrovic for which said that before the accident, was en route to Panathinaikos: "Typically it had signed a contract. But basically agreed to return to Europe to play for Panathinaikos. We agreed and lived just a few details. I'm sure that if things had become so tragic would have signed with Panathinaikos.

http://www.newstime.gr/?i=nt.el.article&id=43232 via google translate

That sound like the pendant to sign resigning with Cibona left in june and suddenly signing with Real madrid in spetember that he did before Nba.

td0tsfinest
10-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a great story. I've yet to see it but I've loved all of the 30 for 30 documentaries I've seen so far.

AlexTmz2
10-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Saw it last night. Great documentary. Very emotional.

NYKalltheway
10-15-2010, 11:55 AM
That sound like the pendant to sign resigning with Cibona left in june and suddenly signing with Real madrid in spetember that he did before Nba.

Don't know about that, but Drazen would have played 100% for Panathinaikos that year.

I remember Stojko Vrankovic talking about the time he told them that he'd go by private car instead of team transport and Stojko would burst in tears and say that he told him at the time: "don't go, I don't know... don't go, I have a bad feeling about this..." just watching him say it... :(

P.S: Stojko was a Panathinaikos player at the time, and even Drazen stated 1 day before his death: "I'm coming to Panathinaikos and together with Stojko and Galis we will win everything. To play with Galis is amazing. I'll pass him the ball and watch him score. It will be great."

RIP Drazen.... :(

Ragun
10-15-2010, 03:02 PM
just watched the whole thing...really sad.

Rego247
10-15-2010, 03:11 PM
just finished watching, i thought it was well done, but real tragic how it all ended.

RIP Drazen

Kakaroach
10-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Haven't gotten a chance to watch it, planning on tonight. Looks good.