PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes slams Carl Landry

Wade>You
10-14-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DPmrxfHnE

Before I leave, just wanted to see what people thought of this. Definitely doesn't look good because:

a) Carl Landry could have hit his head against the corner of the table causing a gash.

b) somebody actually did get hurt by this. For the record, the Laker cheerleader was ok.

The weird thing is, Matt Barnes was mutually engaged in locking arms with Landry. I don't know why he reacted like as if he was the victim.

IMO I wouldn't have been surprised if a fight broke out.

What do you think?

daleja424
10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
hmmm...maybe a fine...or a preseason game suspension...

he clearly did not mean to knock out a lakers girl...

Raidaz4Life
10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Who cares?

justinnum1
10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Gee, another conflict involving Matt Barnes...he has quite a history.

spreadeagle
10-14-2010, 10:12 PM
lol never understood why they let photographers n cheerleaders sit so close

tredigs
10-14-2010, 10:14 PM
#1 thing I take from this (and something I've been venting on for a decade)? Get the fans/cheerleaders/media personnel farther back from the court. Players need more room, period.

THE WALL
10-14-2010, 10:16 PM
I would kill Barnes in that situation.

Gators123
10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Somebody needs to knock his *** out and show him he isn't as tough as he thinks.

daleja424
10-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I actually like Matt barnes. There is a cool scrappiness about him that I like. But this verges more on punk than scrappy. not a big fan of the extracurricular stuff on the court.

Raidaz4Life
10-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Barnes didn't "slam" anyone. Their arms were tangled and he tried to jerk them away in frustration. Landry was the one that hooked him.

SMH!
10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Somebody needs to knock his *** out and show him he isn't as tough as he thinks.

True ****

dnewguy
10-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Didn't Barnes just beat up his Gf? dude needs to chill, all this basketball tough boy is getting old. Imagine if they put him and Landry in a cage fight, he prob wont come out alive.

godolphins
10-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Barnes needs to chill

jmtapia
10-14-2010, 10:37 PM
at least this time he acted against another man and not his wife. What a fool.

loufor2
10-14-2010, 10:38 PM
barnes is a BUMMMM

Avenged
10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Who cares?

How can you not care about Ashley? ;)

kblo247
10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
tbh I'm not opposed to him getting rough and being Ron's bash brother especially against guys like Landry and Scola that tend to jersey pull, arm grab, and stuff like that in the past vs LA.

If you are a player and don't like it, do something about it.

TheHoopsProphet
10-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Anyone who defends Matt Barnes in that situation is a meathead. I like toughness, but thats way overboard. Hes like a hopped-up crackhead out there

Byronicle
10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
wow, its one thing to slam him but to do it where the ladies are. not smooth at all, what a douche

he does this **** but he aint tough, he just does it to important players because he knows these players would rather stay in the game and win rather than get ejected

basically the Sean Avery of the NBA. skinny *** dude, I hope Troy Hibbert muay thai is bony ***

Jays Claw
10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
I've always liked the defensive toughness and grit Barnes brings to the table. Although I think many of us have really influenced Barnes to thinking he's a tough son of a ***** nowadays. This is what you get when you overrate toughness.

I heard he got into a fight with his wife, is that true?

tredigs
10-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Anyone who defends Matt Barnes in that situation is a meathead. I like toughness, but thats way overboard. Hes like a hopped-up crackhead out there

Whatever veg-head, go back to your asparagus soup and leave this to the men!

Seriously though - while I do like Barnes' grit - this was stupid and unnecessary. I won't mind watching him getting punked out by a bigger fish sometime later this season.

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2010, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DPmrxfHnE

Before I leave, just wanted to see what people thought of this. Definitely doesn't look good because:

a) Carl Landry could have hit his head against the corner of the table causing a gash.

b) somebody actually did get hurt by this. For the record, the Laker cheerleader was ok.

The weird thing is, Matt Barnes was mutually engaged in locking arms with Landry. I don't know why he reacted like as if he was the victim.

IMO I wouldn't have been surprised if a fight broke out.

What do you think?

he knocked out a lakers girl........ suspend him for the whole season...... NOW!!!

DerekRE_3
10-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Whatever veg-head, go back to your asparagus soup and leave this to the men!

Seriously though - while I do like Barnes' grit - this was stupid and unnecessary. I won't mind watching him getting punked out by a bigger fish sometime later this season.

Especially during a preseason game. I find it funny that with all the crackdowns on fist pumping or whatever the hell the new technical foul rules that make emotion illegal are...that Barnes didn't get T'd up. So...it's ok to throw a guy into the press desk, but don't you dare show a hint of displeasure at a foul call.

Byronicle
10-14-2010, 11:31 PM
he knocked out a lakers girl........ suspend him for the whole season...... NOW!!!

all this pent up hatred towards women makes me question his sexuality

i mean this is a lakers girl, not some grenade but a LAKERS girl

tredigs
10-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Especially during a preseason game.

and after the play... and against Carl friggin' Landry (I never hear much about his demeanor, but he just strikes me as a solid/fair player on the court; i.e. never cheap shots the opposition). Not a big deal, but definitely some unnecessary agro-stupidity on his part.

That said, I'd still like to see the bystanders farther away from the court.

DerekRE_3
10-14-2010, 11:36 PM
and after the play... and against Carl friggin' Landry (I never hear much about his demeanor, but he just strikes me as a solid/fair player on the court; i.e. never cheap shots the opposition). Not a big deal, but definitely some unnecessary agro-stupidity on his part.

That said, I'd still like to see the bystanders farther away from the court.

Yeah I saw Landry start to go towards him after he got thrown down, but then he quickly thought better of it. Probably didn't want to get suspended for the entire season. And yeah I watched Landry quite a bit after he got traded to the Kings and he never struck me as a dirty player. If anything I wish he would be more dirty...maybe he'd get more than 6.5 boards a game as a starting PF....

SouthSideRookie
10-14-2010, 11:37 PM

Agree.

ccg34
10-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Great sportsmanship by Landry, he didn't even look to fight.

WillisLovechild
10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Barnes didn't "slam" anyone. Their arms were tangled and he tried to jerk them away in frustration. Landry was the one that hooked him.

That's horseshit. Their arms were hooked, and Barnes had just as much to do with that as Landry, and while Landry was standing there nonchalantly, Barnes throws him into the Laker girl. Barnes then prooceeds to step on the Laker girl pretty much. That was 100% Barnes being the little ***** that he is.

bigsams50
10-14-2010, 11:47 PM
I said it last year and i'll say it again this year, Barnes is a poser. He acted all tough last year against Kobe, then went and joined him this year smh.

daleja424
10-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Especially during a preseason game. I find it funny that with all the crackdowns on fist pumping or whatever the hell the new technical foul rules that make emotion illegal are...that Barnes didn't get T'd up. So...it's ok to throw a guy into the press desk, but don't you dare show a hint of displeasure at a foul call.

excellent point...

a dirty look at a ref gets you a tech

pulling a man into the press desk and knocking out a Laker's girl in the process (all after the whistle) gets you... a dirty look :confused:

DerekRE_3
10-14-2010, 11:51 PM
excellent point...

a dirty look at a ref gets you a tech

pulling a man into the press desk and knocking out a Laker's girl in the process (all after the whistle) gets you... a dirty look :confused:

Well we all know the NBA prides itself in its consistency...

daleja424
10-14-2010, 11:54 PM
:sigh:

thedfactor
10-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Barnes seems like a drama queen

SouthSideRookie
10-14-2010, 11:59 PM
tbh I'm not opposed to him getting rough and being Ron's bash brother especially against guys like Landry and Scola that tend to jersey pull, arm grab, and stuff like that in the past vs LA.

If you are a player and don't like it, do something about it.

:facepalm:

Rafer17
10-15-2010, 12:07 AM
I would kill Barnes in that situation.

:laugh2:

Barnes is the biggest punk/thug in the league. It annoys me how obnoxious he acts

Byronicle
10-15-2010, 12:13 AM
this reminds me so much of his past antics, like the time he fake pump the ball towards bryant. i mean why be a faker, just throw the ball at him.

because that is what he is, he isnt tough ****, he is just an instigator tryin to get the other team's important players out of the game

just like SEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERYSEAN AVERY

AddiX
10-15-2010, 12:22 AM
I was always mad at Zeke for trading Barnes to let his overpriced scrubs get more PT. He was balling when he was with us.

After seeing this, I'm even madder, props to Barnes, I'm sick of this soft version of the NBA. These players are to damn friendly with one another these days, it's a joke.

Spurred1
10-15-2010, 12:32 AM
It was pretty aggressive and unnecessary. I think Barnes is a tough player who works hard for the most part, but maybe he feels that he needs to exaggerate his toughness. Kind of pointless, what he did with Landry.

xxcubs22xx
10-15-2010, 12:42 AM
#1 thing I take from this (and something I've been venting on for a decade)? Get the fans/cheerleaders/media personnel farther back from the court. Players need more room, period.

This.

Last night when i was at the gym i had 5 blocks in 2 hours during 5v5's...And im 5'11...I'll come soaring and/or running hard, and im smacking into those wall pads at near full speed and they are a good 7feet behind the backboard.

Storch
10-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Barnes is probably just trying to prove that he has the heart of a champion so he's trying to show his intensity in preseason games. :shrug:

daleja424
10-15-2010, 12:49 AM
but there is a difference between intensity and whatever you want to call this. I love the intensity on the court, during the play...but when that whistle blows, I dont like the extra stuff. That stuff is just silly. And people get hurt.

_KB24_
10-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Needs to chill, seriously. :o

The girl could have really hurt her neck.

AntiG
10-15-2010, 01:20 AM

You seriously need to take off your Laker blinders if you really believe that.

Storch
10-15-2010, 01:29 AM
but there is a difference between intensity and whatever you want to call this. I love the intensity on the court, during the play...but when that whistle blows, I dont like the extra stuff. That stuff is just silly. And people get hurt.

Stupidity too... The league is cracking down on techs and doubled the charges :speechless:

hgtiger32
10-15-2010, 02:15 AM
can't even say it was accidental...totally all Barnes fault

TheHoopsProphet
10-15-2010, 02:41 AM
As a Laker fan im not afraid to admit that I'm in love with this Kings team. Landry, Evans, Cousins, Casspri, Whitehead, Udrich.

Im not a big fan of Barnes as a person, but he can help this team. That being said, im a little dissapointed that Shannon Brown encourages his action. I know theyre teammates, but you have to let your teammates know when to cool it down too. Shows me that they dont care.

Kyle916
10-15-2010, 02:47 AM
Barnes is a joke.

Mplsman
10-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Matt Barnes is bad at socializing, he should stick to playing basketball and mind himself.

BigEric
10-15-2010, 03:38 AM
One guy tries to start stuff with every player he gets in contact with, is wirey thin and beats women. The other is in the league for his toughness, gets shot and still plays in that season, and is notably humble. Cmonnnnnnnnnnnn Barnes, it's preseason and you definitely aren't going to out man MANdry..

BigEric
10-15-2010, 03:39 AM
As a Laker fan im not afraid to admit that I'm in love with this Kings team. Landry, Evans, Cousins, Casspri, Whitehead, Udrich.

Im not a big fan of Barnes as a person, but he can help this team. That being said, im a little dissapointed that Shannon Brown encourages his action. I know theyre teammates, but you have to let your teammates know when to cool it down too. Shows me that they dont care.

Good point, I respect you.

Bulls_fan90
10-15-2010, 05:29 AM

I'd love nothing more. Let's see him talk **** with a player like Ben Wallace.

TheGoodGerman
10-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Barnes needs to chill

This.

Doesn't looked like Landry and/or Barnes "wanted" to make on-court trouble. Just a little un-lucky fight for the ball that ended up in a blonde. Without "acting" and complaining of Barnes at the Ref, this scene would look way more ordinary. Hope the girl didn't get hurt too bad.

bmcpx1034
10-15-2010, 08:16 AM
hmmm
at least no one was kicked in the 'Nutz"

Hawkeye15
10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Its Matt Barnes. He has always been like this. Not sure why anyone is surprised.

Khalifa21
10-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Barnes is a *****

Double_R
10-15-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm gonna go with Hawkeye on this one.

Byronicle
10-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Its Matt Barnes. He has always been like this. Not sure why anyone is surprised.

because it involves a beautiful woman

he's just not a gentleman

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Didn't Barnes just beat up his Gf? dude needs to chill, all this basketball tough boy is getting old. Imagine if they put him and Landry in a cage fight, he prob wont come out alive.

Wasn't that the guys from the pacers Lance I think his name is?

Barnes is sending a message to the players he defends, So yea he needs to be a enforcer I miss this in the sport.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Barnes is just trying to make a name for him self as a tough IDGAF player.

Chacarron
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Lakers girls are ugly anyway.

sep11ie
10-15-2010, 11:46 AM
This **** always happens to my boy Landry.

Dirk knocks his teeth out with an elbow, someone shoots him, Houston trades him to The Kings, Barnes suplexs him... Dudes got crummy luck.

sep11ie
10-15-2010, 11:47 AM

No way, Sasha is beautiful and sexy.

JermanJaysFan
10-15-2010, 11:49 AM
1. He got tangled up. Not his fault.

2. He got frustrated and threw Landry. Overreaction, but not unexplainable.

3. Landry falls on a Lakers girl. Bad luck- those folks were way too close.

4. He complains a little bit. Yeah, he should just shut up. But who in the NBA doesn't whine.

My take- Barnes is undoubtedly a tough player, but should probably cool his attitude a bit. But people are blowing this one event out of proportion.

Da Knicks
10-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Matt Barnes=dirty player

Chacarron
10-15-2010, 12:14 PM

I didn't know you swung that way. :D

sep11ie
10-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I didn't know you swung that way. :D

I don't. But c'mon, who could resist? He's like the Zack Morris And Kelly Kapowski of the NBA.

dolfan720
10-15-2010, 12:21 PM
****ed him up Landry

Byronicle
10-15-2010, 12:34 PM

you tell that to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Byronicle
10-15-2010, 12:36 PM

3. Landry falls on a Lakers girl. Bad luck- those folks were way too close.

yea they were too close, but every player on the court know that they are there so you would think he be more aware of that

its like swearing infront of toddlers, I hate that when guys do it. you know they are there, be appropriate there is a time and place.

in this case the timing may be right but seriously i wouldve been more in control and slammed him onto the court not off it where there are shorties ;)

uprightciti
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
****ing childish piece of ****

king4day
10-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I give Landry a lot of credit for keeping his cool.

5ass
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM

:clap: wouldnt the NBA be more exciting with players actually diving like crazy to save the ball from going out of bounds? Instead they have to worry about falling on people and ****

SouthSideRookie
10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
This **** always happens to my boy Landry.

Dirk knocks his teeth out with an elbow, someone shoots him, Houston trades him to The Kings, Barnes suplexs him... Dudes got crummy luck.

You forgot to mention when Boozer landed an elbow and also knocked another tooth out. Btw, I think the jerk thought that Landry was still wearing a Rocket's jersey:facepalm:

:laugh:

beasted86
10-15-2010, 01:58 PM
How he actually plays the game is decent.... but all the extra curricular stuff like technical fouls, starting fights, and all his off the court drama is why he will always be a team hopper who never gets more than a 1-2 yr deal.

John Walls Era
10-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Barnes couldn't take Landry or the Laker girl. :)

homestarunner93
10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Matt Barnes is a thug.

dodie53
10-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Barnes was lucky Landry had the poise not to attack him

DerekRE_3
10-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Barnes was lucky Landry had the poise not to attack him

That's because Landry is one of the good guys in the NBA.

Iceman_9
10-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I cant wait for Barnes to guard LBJ!

USMCLaker
10-16-2010, 05:24 PM

Get your eyes checked.

Barnes clearly locked him up and intentionally threw him down as if he has little man syndrome and always has something to prove.

USMCLaker
10-16-2010, 05:26 PM
I give Landry a lot of credit for keeping his cool.

^x2

Raps08-09 Champ
10-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Matt Barnes is known for being a tough and scrappy player.

He just needs to calm down after the whistles been blown and stop acting like it's the hood every now and then.

USMCLaker
10-16-2010, 05:41 PM

Nice post.

Barnes seems like a drama queen

x2

:laugh2:

Barnes is the biggest punk/thug in the league. It annoys me how obnoxious he acts

x2

I was always mad at Zeke for trading Barnes to let his overpriced scrubs get more PT. He was balling when he was with us.

After seeing this, I'm even madder, props to Barnes, I'm sick of this soft version of the NBA. These players are to damn friendly with one another these days, it's a joke.

Being a thug and being tough are not necessarily the same thing. I like both old school basketball and the new school basketball for different reasons. Old school rivalries was great to watch, I loved the celtic/Laker and Laker/Piston games. However, I also like the new school mentallity of the game not being bigger than than the players playing the game.

x2

Best post.

otwisted
10-16-2010, 05:44 PM
How about the other Laker girl sitting there with a big smile on her face while the other girl is lying in the fetal position. what a C U Next Tuesday.

|x-M1NTy-x|
10-16-2010, 05:53 PM
barnes wife hott.. his beef with alston forever.. him beefing wit everyone keeps nba oldskool and not full of rules.. ppl who hate get punked at skool or yelled by their boss

WolvesJagsOs
10-16-2010, 11:11 PM
barnes is a BUMMMM

totally agree, cant stand Barnes.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2010, 11:28 PM
I feel sorry for the cute little cheerleader who got smashed

Dol-Fan
10-16-2010, 11:40 PM

That's what I thought :shrug:

swaddell13
10-16-2010, 11:50 PM
matt barnes has been an ahole since his mom died

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 12:15 AM
I feel sorry for the cute little cheerleader who got smashed

ya see what i mean

thats why he went too too far this time

RedRicanoBx
10-17-2010, 12:19 AM

lol i was thinking the same lmaooo

sp1derm00
10-17-2010, 07:00 AM
Carl Landry is so tough, his teeth have been knocked out like 3452345 times. Dude should legally change his last name to Mandry.

DerekRE_3
10-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Carl Landry is so tough, his teeth have been knocked out like 3452345 times. Dude should legally change his last name to Mandry.

:nod: A few of them may still be stuck in Dirk's elbow.