PDA

View Full Version : Fine the teams too.

sep11ie
10-14-2010, 08:33 PM
If a player gets fined for not wanting to play in a preseason game, mini camp, or practice do any of you think a team should be fined for tanking? Sitting/resting players, trading everyone for three seasons to clear cap, trading great players and picks for expirings I believe is just as justifiable of getting fined for as if a player does it. Thoughts?

rickshaw
10-14-2010, 08:46 PM
tanking a preseason game?

sep11ie
10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Did you read the post?

Celtic AL
10-14-2010, 09:00 PM
who cares?

Wade>You
10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
If a player gets fined for not wanting to play in a preseason game, mini camp, or practice do any of you think a team should be fined for tanking? Sitting/resting players, trading everyone for three seasons to clear cap, trading great players and picks for expirings I believe is just as justifiable of getting fined for as if a player does it. Thoughts?In so many words cuz I don't have the time to go in depth

(1) Teams are fined for purposely sitting/resting players. That's why they fake injuries when they want to sit/rest/tank.

(2) Clearing cap space to make a move in FA is not tanking. Clearing cap space to make a profit while hurting the team's ability to win in the future should be looked at by the league.

Brew Crew
10-14-2010, 09:28 PM
If it isn't a big market, Stern won't even look.