PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony Mega-Deal Fizzles

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2010, 05:28 PM
I havent seen this posted yet. If it has then just take it down.

According to the Bergen Record, a mega-deal involving the trades of Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony has fallen apart.

The deal would have sent Chris Paul to the Trailblazers, Devin Harris and Kris Humphries to the Hornets, Derrick Favors to Denver, and Carmelo Anthony and Andre Miller to the Nets.

Apparently Portland was the team that initiated the talks, and really, what a trade it would have been.

The less obvious point to this report is that the Nets are still pushing hard to land Carmelo Anthony. The only problem is their 19-year-old rookie Derrick Favors hasnít performed at the level the Nets were, and are expecting him to.

Unless Favors can turn things around, the Nuggets will not be willing to give up Carmelo for some unproven and questionable talent in Favors. And that means Carmelo will be staying put Ė at least for now.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/chris_paul_carmelo_anthony_mega_deal_fizzles/3412799

Hellcrooner
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
If that takes Rudy to Nets so be it :D

dhopisthename
10-14-2010, 05:35 PM
that clearly was just preliminary talks and something that didn't get very far

SouthSideRookie
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
So I guess CP3 might be available then.

Giannis94
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Blazers woulda raped that deal, Nets woulda been even, Hornets wtf, DEnver get more.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-14-2010, 05:37 PM
This is where i see that it fell apart, especially since it was the blazers who initiated it:

Blazers receive: Chris Paul
Blazers trade: Andre Miller

Hellcrooner
10-14-2010, 05:39 PM
This is where i see that it fell apart, especially since it was the blazers who initiated it:

Blazers receive: Chris Paul
Blazers trade: Andre Miller

i suppose, bayless, rudy, mills, some drat rights, some picks or maybe even Batum would be leaving blazers in the trade.

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2010, 05:43 PM
portland on paper would of looked pretty dang good

jimbobjarree
10-14-2010, 05:43 PM
yes cus Chris Paul is worth a worse point guard and an expiring :pity:

Slimsim
10-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Demarcus Cousin Trash talk Made me take a closer look at favors production. So far so good as Favors hasn't really showed any flashes or dominating.

godolphins
10-14-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't think this was true anyway

Mudvayne91
10-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Nugs only get Favors....? I don't see why they would do that

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
the nuggets would be dumb if they traded melo right now for just favors

SouthSideRookie
10-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Demarcus Cousin Trash talk Made me take a closer look at favors production. So far so good as Favors hasn't really showed any flashes or dominating.

I saw him last night vs the Lakers and man he looks like the real deal, along with the swagger.

saintl2510
10-14-2010, 06:00 PM
this rumor is obviously not true.

saintl2510
10-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Carmelo should just stay put in Denver. Chris Paul should just come to new york after this season

Slimsim
10-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I saw him last night vs the Lakers and man he looks like the real deal, along with the swagger.

Yea i watch him as well. He is really backing up his big talk. I think He's real deal and is only going to get better with Tyreeke Evans.

nycericanguy
10-14-2010, 06:04 PM
This deal doesnt make sense on alot of levels. First NO can get alot more for CP3 than Harris & Humphries.

Second POR trades Miller & Gets back CP3? How unfair is that...lol

Thirdly DEN is not going to trade Melo for just Favors. Favors has talent, but the way he's played in the 5 or 6 preseason games shows he is extremely raw and probably a few years away. His last game 0-5 no points, and for the preseason he's been a 5 & 5 guy with an atrocious shooting %, especially for a big man.

4th if this was even discussed it shows CP3 is available.

And yea Cousins is an absolute beast. I bet NJ is really kicking themselves right now for taking Favors. They could have had twin towers II. And even if they didnt want that Cousins or Lopez would be a HUGE trade asset. 18ppg & 10rpg in like 23mpg in this preseason.

gbrl
10-14-2010, 06:13 PM
its no wonder this deal fell through

KnicksorBust
10-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Blazers woulda raped that deal, Nets woulda been even, Hornets wtf, DEnver get more.

Nets woulda been even? :laugh:

I'd love to know how Devin Harris = Carmelo Anthony and Andre Miller in your mind.

knicksfan42
10-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Blazers woulda raped that deal

I agree I'm mean Andre Miller for Chris Paul.

Hindy27
10-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Nets woulda been even? :laugh:

I'd love to know how Devin Harris = Carmelo Anthony and Andre Miller in your mind.
Devin, Favors and Humphries would've been traded. Not saying that's even but don't change stuff to suit yourself.

I'd say all the players mentioned were just the main pieces anyway, there would have to be other players and picks changing hands to even it all out a bit.
Actually, I'm sure I saw another version of this trade reported somewhere else that did have more players involved. Can't remember where though.

VillaMaravilla
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
when u guys going to learn the minute Mello Yellow leaves denver it will be to only one place and that is to your New York Knicks

nolafan33
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Untrue rumor. Hornets traded Darren Collison to try and keep CP happy, now they'd turn around and trade him after Collison? Use your heads.