PDA

View Full Version : Are the bobcats really a playoff team?

Forbo
10-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Bobcats had a strong season last year, making it to their very first post season. A lot of predictions I see from various posters is that Bobcats make the playoffs. I just dont see it, Losing their starting PG and replacing him with Larry Browns not so favorite DJ Augestine. Then replacing Tyson Chandler with Kwame Brown. The offense other than Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson will decrease with a bad front court. Boris Diaw and Tyrus Thomas will likely be the big men that play most of the time. Charlotte has a terrible bench on top of that.
I just dont see Bobcats being better than Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Wizards, and Philly for the finals slots.

m26555
10-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Boston
Orlando
Miami
Chicago
Milwaukee
Atlanta
New York
New Jersey

All of those Eastern Conference teams are definitively better than Charlotte, in my opinion. There are then a couple of borderline teams, such as Philadelphia and Washington. So, to answer your question, no, I do not think the Bobcats are a playoff team.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 04:58 PM
any team with a pulse can fight for the last spot in the east

Slimsim
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't see how Charlotte Can score more than 90 points. They need to be the top defensive Team.

Da Knicks
10-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Jackson and Wallace aint no joke, the east will really be tough this year. Bobcats are already scared of how thin they are at point from what i have being reading. Maybe Jackson will have to play point more than what larry brown would like this year.

babyshaq87
10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
i think they'd be a nice team if they had a good big man.. but they don't..

saintl2510
10-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Bobcats had a strong season last year, making it to their very first post season. A lot of predictions I see from various posters is that Bobcats make the playoffs. I just dont see it, Losing their starting PG and replacing him with Larry Browns not so favorite DJ Augestine. Then replacing Tyson Chandler with Kwame Brown. The offense other than Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson will decrease with a bad front court. Boris Diaw and Tyrus Thomas will likely be the big men that play most of the time. Charlotte has a terrible bench on top of that.
I just dont see Bobcats being better than Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Wizards, and Philly for the finals slots.

good point losing two starters and replacing them with two bench plsyers isn't going to help your team

Niro
10-14-2010, 05:45 PM
i think they'd be a nice team if they had a good big man.. but they don't..

yeah they just need a big man who can be a legit second or third option on offense and they would be fine

saintl2510
10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
with kwame round as their center i don't think they'll get no where

godolphins
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
The Bobcats stink, they won't go to the playoff this season after losing Felton.

gbrl
10-14-2010, 06:14 PM
any team with a pulse can fight for the last spot in the east

agree with this

KnicksorBust
10-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Good coach(yeah I'm only saying "good" at this point you want to fight about it?) + great defenders + consistently weak conference = a chance at the playoffs every year

I sympathize with the Bobcats actually because they seem like one of the dozen or so teams in the NBA that is stuck in basketball purgatory.

Ware_Spencer
10-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Felton is way overrated. He was solid but he didn't do anything that DJ cannot. Felton doesn't play in control. He has always been out of control. DJ will come around this year.

Tyson Chandler barely played last year. Losing him doesn't even effect them this year in comparison. Chandler wasn't even apart of the end of the year run where the hornets got into the playoffs.

I am not going to argue that the hornets will make the playoffs but I do think they are going to make more moves this year to make the team better. I think they are for sure in contention though. Tyrus Thomas will play more minutes also and help that team more than people think.

td0tsfinest
10-14-2010, 06:34 PM
If I were to make a list of teams I'm sure will make the playoffs, well:

Magic
Heat
Celtics
Bulls
Hawks
Bucks

Which leaves two possible spots open for the rest of the east to fight for.

nycericanguy
10-14-2010, 06:34 PM
They lost Felton & Chandler. The east got better and although TOR & CLE are now out of the playoff picture, NY, IND, & PHI are in play now. And of course MIA is a given. So I don't think they make it this year.

black1605
10-14-2010, 06:35 PM
People put way too much stock in Felton, and apparently, WAY too much stock in Chandler, who started less games at center than Mohammed AND Ratliff.

JakeDelbreezy
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Chandler barely even played and when he did he stunk. By the end if the season he was third string. What the Bobcats accomplished last year they did without Chandler.

As far as Felton he just an average point guard. He's helluva teammate by all accounts and a heck of a community guy but his on court performance is a little overrated.

I don't think they're significantly better or worse.

leoncito
10-14-2010, 07:25 PM
they are playing Orlando tonight even though it's only preseason. Orlando is resting Howard, Lewis and Carter. I'd be surprised if the cats can even pull out a win with Orlando's second stringers

Kakaroach
10-14-2010, 07:41 PM
DJ Augustin is gonna have to step up big time but if S-Jax and G-Force continue their great play I wouldn't worry too much if I were a Bobcats fan.