PDA

View Full Version : Could the Heat win a championship without one of their superstars?

LeBronsMom
10-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Link (http://tinyurl.com/2aprzup)

"The Big Three, Miami Thrice, LeBoshade, Miami Vice…the superhero list goes on.

But after watching Dwyane Wade fall to injury during the first three minutes of the Miami Heat‘s (massively over-hyped) first preseason game, it’s time for reality to settle in.

No matter how bad fans would like to convince themselves that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are dispensable immortals, at the end of the day these guys are humans just like each and everyone of us.

What would happen if one of the big three fell short to a season (and playoff) ending injury?

Would the other two superstars be able to carry their team to the promise land and capture a championship trophy?

James and Wade

Without Chris Bosh the Miami Heat would be severely undersized. Udonis Haslemwould most likely slide into the starting four spot (unless LeBron decided to step up and play the power-forward position).

While both James and Wade’s scoring averages would quickly increase, the Heat as a team would struggle on the boards.

Come playoff time, the Magic and Celtics would provide mismatches to their advantage due to the plethora of big men on both of their rosters.

Would the Heat win a championship without Chris Bosh?- No.

Wade and Bosh

Miami would place Mike Miller at the starting small-forward position without LeBron James on the court.

Losing LeBron would instantly put a serious load of work right back onto DwyaneWade’s shoulders (just like in the previous seasons).

Without James around to control Miami’s offensive scheme, Wade and Chalmers would be forced to split time bringing up the ball.

For every turnover Mario Chalmers averaged just two assists last season (good enough for 34th best out of leagues point-guards).

Subtract James from this Miami Heat team and they don’t seem too big and bad after all.

Would the Heat win a championship without LeBron James?- No.

James and Bosh

If the Heat were going to have any chance at winning the championship without one of their superstars it would be without Dwyane Wade.

Sound crazy? Well, it’s not!

The duo of James and Bosh are much stronger than the other two combinations listed above.

While talent-wise James and Wade would create a headache for any team that they match up against, they would also lack the legitimate big man needed to secure the paint on both ends of the court.

Similar to how James never had a top-tier power-forward in Cleveland, it wouldn’t be possible for Wade and James to pass through Orlando, Boston, and the Lakers come playoff time if they lack size.

Without Wade on the court LeBron would still be able to play his game while making his teammates better simultaneously.

With Mike Miller at the starting shooting-guard position, James would have the leisure of attacking the basket and dishing the rock out to various three-point shooting threats.

With Bosh being the versatile big man that he is, James would be able to feed the former Toronto Raptor in the paint and all around the perimeter on the offensive end of the court.

Would the Heat win a championship without Dwyane Wade?- Yes."

justinnum1
10-14-2010, 02:22 PM
They would win it. Not a doubt in my mind, it would be easier if it wasn;t bosh that goes down, but they can still do it.

LeBronsMom
10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
They would win it. Not a doubt in my mind, it would be easier if it wasn;t bosh that goes down, but they can still do it.

Yea they could definitely do it without Wade...not so sure if they could without LeBron though.

footballer2369
10-14-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the article...

I think all 3 seperate combinations would be contenders...

I think Haslem could step in and play admirably for Bosh...

Personally I'd rather have Wade and Bosh... with Miller at the 3 as long as Dasean Butler is healthy...

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 02:28 PM
well, it would depend on how Miller, Haslem, Anthony, and the remaining role players play. having a combo of Wade/Bosh, or Wade/LeBron, or LeBron/Bosh, would still be the best 1-2 punch in the NBA most likely. If their role players stepped up, at least to a degree where the defense was still top notch, and they made the shots they were asked to make, while making a timely play now and then, I believe they could still win it.
But is obviously becomes more difficult now

LeBronsMom
10-14-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the article...

I think all 3 seperate combinations would be contenders...

I think Haslem could step in and play admirably for Bosh...

Personally I'd rather have Wade and Bosh... with Miller at the 3 as long as Dasean Butler is healthy...

I doubt Butler would be getting much playing time...he isn't supposed to be back until like January and by then the Heat would have their players pretty much set regarding to playing time.

I agree with the article, I think the best combo would be LeBron and Bosh.

Raph12
10-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Not a chance, they both need the big man, Lebron needs Wade's leadership and Wade needs Lebron's freakish skills.

td0tsfinest
10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I think a Lebron and Bosh duo is very capable of making to the finals.

footballer2369
10-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I doubt Butler would be getting much playing time...he isn't supposed to be back until like January and by then the Heat would have their players pretty much set regarding to playing time.

I agree with the article, I think the best combo would be LeBron and Bosh.

Being that one of the superstars would be removed from the rotation, there would obviously have to be some changes ;).

jimbobjarree
10-14-2010, 02:34 PM
doubt it

sep11ie
10-14-2010, 02:37 PM
We don't even know if they can win with all 3

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 02:39 PM
LeBron and Bosh is a better combo with the surrounding players then the Cavs ever had. So of course they could at least make the finals.

Rivera
10-14-2010, 02:42 PM
ehhh no

Antipod
10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
if by 1 you insinuate CB, then yes; but if Bron or Wade are out of equation, then no

Da Knicks
10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Lebron and Bosh could make it to the finals together but i think wade and james could make it as well. Two superstars are always going to give teams problems...

king4day
10-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought Wade and Bosh alone could have competed for a title.
But they'd be probably a bit lower than the rest of the elite. I don't think Miami's supporting cast is better than the Cavs of last year without the big 3.

Byronicle
10-14-2010, 03:06 PM
could people leave these threads in the Heat forum

Chacarron
10-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Lebron and Bosh would have a better chance than Wade and Bosh.

Heater4life
10-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Lebron and Bosh would have a better chance than Wade and Bosh.

Given LBJ ability sure, but a Wade- Bosh combo would'nt fall much shorter.

Fact is as long as theres two effective scoring options your team has a chance to win. Be it any combination of the 3. Given the right role players, its phesible.

Hoopsadvocate
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Dumb question....

Why?

Because they already have. With Wade

Heater4life
10-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Why? When the whole NBA is excited to how this plays out, just as a Heat fan i am excited to see what the Lakers will do with Blake and Barnes coming off the bench.

If you love basketball you cant help but wanting to discuss the Heat, or any contender for that matter.

WITZ
10-14-2010, 03:18 PM
No queen James ain't a leader he is a follower and I doubt bosh leads the team no wade no ship simple as that.

YoungOne
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
i don't see bosh having big games against bostons or lakers bigs or even d howard, so if one goes down, I think they won't come out of the east.

Yanks All Day
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
They would be talented enough to compete without Wade or Bosh, but if the Heat lost LeBron for the year they would go nowhere.

John Walls Era
10-14-2010, 03:28 PM

This is actually an interesting topic.

godolphins
10-14-2010, 03:32 PM
The answer to the question is yes

SteveNash
10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Bosh isn't a superstar.

Heater4life
10-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Bosh isn't a superstar.

your right. but he is a perennial all-star who puts up 24 and 10 and is a league leader in effciency. Can hardly be considered as a write off.

Rasser
10-14-2010, 03:46 PM
With all 3 healty they will take, but I feel like they can't afford to loose Bosh more then any of the 3.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Bosh isn't a superstar.

totally right. But he is about the best 3rd option I have seen in a really long time

Hoopsadvocate
10-14-2010, 03:49 PM
i don't see bosh having big games against bostons or lakers bigs or even d howard, so if one goes down, I think they won't come out of the east.

We dont need him to have big games we have 2 other superstars to help carry the load. Plus the 23.75 ppg and 9.75 rpg he avg against the magic and 25 ppg and 11.6 rpg he avg against the celtics will have to do i guess :rolleyes:. Not to mention how much easier the game will be for him with lebron and wade taking pressure off him to do his own thing.

SteveNash
10-14-2010, 03:53 PM
totally right. But he is about the best 3rd option I have seen in a really long time

Nowhere near KG.

Heater4life
10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Nowhere near KG.

KG is a third option on what team? Not the Celtics.

NYKNYGNYY
10-14-2010, 03:59 PM
if chris bosh is injured, but i guess they still could there 3 of the top 15 20 if not better, players even having 2 of t he top 10 15 20 (w.e your opinion is) you still have a great shot seems there team chemistry is really good

YoungOne
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
KG is a third option on what team? Not the Celtics.

no there he is the 4th option..

YoungOne
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
We dont need him to have big games we have 2 other superstars to help carry the load. Plus the 23.75 ppg and 9.75 rpg he avg against the magic and 25 ppg and 11.6 rpg he avg against the celtics will have to do i guess :rolleyes:. Not to mention how much easier the game will be for him with lebron and wade taking pressure off him to do his own thing.

Sry I more meant all facettes of the game, like defense and taking care of the ball, and although bosh had good numbers, he never looked good against the celtics since KG arrived..
and he has to carry the load if lebron or wade goes down..

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Nowhere near KG.

if you want to consider KG the 3rd option, which I don't. What year are you talking about? 2008? KG was not a 3rd option. Last year? Bosh was better

PrettyBoyJ
10-14-2010, 04:13 PM
With out Lebron, the Heats are not that serious, With Lebron there like unbeatable..

Mplsman
10-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Not in my opinion.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 04:24 PM
With out Lebron, the Heats are not that serious, With Lebron there like unbeatable..

I think Wade/Bosh are pretty damn good

BeantownBill
10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Why? When the whole NBA is excited to how this plays out, just as a Heat fan i am excited to see what the Lakers will do with Blake and Barnes coming off the bench.

If you love basketball you cant help but wanting to discuss the Heat, or any contender for that matter.

Wrong. Try convincing people all you want but I have zero interest in any team but the one I follow. I do not follow the Heat, therefore I do not care what happens with this team unless it directly relates to the team I follow. Understand?

Agreed with the original sentiment. Keeping it in the Heat forum is probably for the best, if people care about this they know where to find it.

bostncelts34
10-14-2010, 04:39 PM
they havent even played a regular season game yet. Who says they can win with the 3? nevermind 2 of them.

h2r09
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
people are going to be blown away by how good bosh is going to be this year. he is going to hve an incredible amount of open looks and he is as pure of a big man shooter as there is. he will play defense with this team, you can guarentee this. if you have watched any of the heat's game where he has played big minuted you would be able to tell that.

ive been saying since they came here that they would be a championship contenders with 2 of any of those guys.

and to the person who said with lebron and bosh, lebrons team last year would have the better supporting cast, you are plain and simple stupid. there is not even an argument you could make for the cavs of last year vs that team.

Chicagofaithful
10-14-2010, 05:02 PM
no way they would win a championship... no way at all. They might make it to the finals but they don't win

h2r09
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
no way they would win a championship... no way at all. They might make it to the finals but they don't win

quite funny. so they can get to the finals but there is 0 chance they can win. pretty stupid comment. if a team is capable of getting there they can win it, especially with lebron and another star in chris bosh with great role players around them.

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2010, 05:55 PM
no they would not win it or make it past boston or orlando without all 3 of them. they have a good bench and such, but so does orlando and boston. I dont see it happening.

Byronicle
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM

really? If I really loved basketball? Are you serious? IF YOU really loved basketball, you would love basketball for its unpredictability, or any sport of that matter, HOW IS THAT ENTERTAINING? To see the same team dominate for years to come? Who will realistically just crush everybody else? Basketball is essentially entertainment and I really do not want to be able to predict 100% what the outcomes of each game. Its like watching a movie after somebody spoils the ending, seriously I love basketball because I like to see all the teams to succeed and do great, not just to see one just pound others and watch the Big 3 laugh at their opponents on how great they are evening though no other stars in the past would've sunk to their level to do what they did

If you really loved basketball, you would've disagreed with the Big 3 and how they made a mockery of this whole depacle, how Lebron had the hour special, how Bosh just keeps jabbing Toronto hoping Canadians can show that they wanted Bosh to stay when we knew all year round he was going to leave. He is basically the ANGELINA (jersey shore) of the NBA, just like when she left, she hoped her room mates would try to stop her, but no.

This is actually an interesting topic.

whats so interesting? without one of their superstars? that is like asking if the Lakers can win without Gasol but you dont see Laker fans making threads like that

The only thing that would interest me is if someone made a thread "If Yao got injured AGAIN, would the Rockets still play great" other than that, the answer to this thread is obvious, WHO KNOWS.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 07:18 PM
really? If I really loved basketball? Are you serious? IF YOU really loved basketball, you would love basketball for its unpredictability, or any sport of that matter, HOW IS THAT ENTERTAINING? To see the same team dominate for years to come? Who will realistically just crush everybody else? Basketball is essentially entertainment and I really do not want to be able to predict 100% what the outcomes of each game. Its like watching a movie after somebody spoils the ending, seriously I love basketball because I like to see all the teams to succeed and do great, not just to see one just pound others and watch the Big 3 laugh at their opponents on how great they are evening though no other stars in the past would've sunk to their level to do what they did

If you really loved basketball, you would've disagreed with the Big 3 and how they made a mockery of this whole depacle, how Lebron had the hour special, how Bosh just keeps jabbing Toronto hoping Canadians can show that they wanted Bosh to stay when we knew all year round he was going to leave. He is basically the ANGELINA (jersey shore) of the NBA, just like when she left, she hoped her room mates would try to stop her, but no.

whats so interesting? without one of their superstars? that is like asking if the Lakers can win without Gasol but you dont see Laker fans making threads like that

The only thing that would interest me is if someone made a thread "If Yao got injured AGAIN, would the Rockets still play great" other than that, the answer to this thread is obvious, WHO KNOWS.

I am quoting llemon here
"Matter of opinion"

hugepatsfan
10-14-2010, 07:37 PM
They could win with two of them. But think about it like this, if LBJ and Bosh went to the Knicks, would you guarantee a title? Wade and Bosh? The same answer. That's basically the situation they would be in.

Byronicle
10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I am quoting llemon here
"Matter of opinion"

yea that's right, it really is

its just when some is ignorant to assume how I feel, well then that just typical

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
yea that's right, it really is

its just when some is ignorant to assume how I feel, well then that just typical

very true man. This summer presented mixed responses, and feelings. But I think once the seasons start playing out over the next number of years, it won't be as bad as so many predict. There are injuries, upcoming teams, etc. Lots of interesting story lines, as usual.

mark1125
10-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Wow.....a thread about the Heat. Go figure. :facepalm:

REALLYYYYY?
10-14-2010, 07:53 PM
you should make a poll. my vote is no.

nickdymez
10-14-2010, 07:58 PM
You guys are crazy if you think the heat can beat the lakers or celtics with just two of there superstars... This Heat love has got to stop for real

bbblack40
10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
you people have forgotten Wade won a title already without them with a team with a old shaq and antoine walker as their 3rd option. so if wade had bosh they would win and if it was just wade and james they would win. haslem is a starting pf for a championship team so he could replace bosh. and wade with bosh and shooters no stopping him. without wade the heat are not winning it but with wade is the only way they win.

i.got.the.nutz
10-14-2010, 08:25 PM
The won't get past Boston or Orlando without all three healthy.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 08:28 PM
I would only like to say, LeBron with either, would be the best supporting cast he has had. He led 60 win teams into the playoffs with crap. Bosh or Wade with Miller, Haslem, and the rest of the role players this upcoming season, are already a stronger supporting cast. So I am not sure how he can't get past a Bulls team for example that he has already beat with garbage, if he gets an upgrade with either Wade or Bosh.

shep33
10-14-2010, 08:48 PM
To win a championship I really think this team needs all 3 guys, and I think those players themselves realized that all 3 of them together give them the best chance of winning. If Lebron or Wade or Bosh went somewhere else, I really don't think Miami would be an absolute lock when facing say a Knicks team with Amare and Lebron, a Bulls team with Wade/Lebron, Rose, Noah, or a Celtics team for that matter.

Say you have Amare and Wade on the Knicks, and Bosh and Lebron on the Heat... I really think that series whether you switch Lebron or Wade around, goes atleast a competitive 6 games, if not 7. But standing in the way of all of that is still Boston... the 3 Heat give them the best chance to get by the Celts, put it this way, if Boston shuts down Bosh, which is very possible, they still have Lebron and Wade to lean on. Otherwise, if it was just Bosh and Wade/James, they take Bosh out, and basically leave Wade/James on his own again.

So no, I think they need all 3. We know Bosh is good, but we haven't seen him play in a meaningful, intensely defended playoff game. With Wade and James alone, I really think it still doesn't work out to full effect... even if they score and average 30 each, that's only 60 points, the rest of the team still has to do work to get atleast another 40 (100 points total). Plus, if its only 2, they won't be on the court all the time together, and at some points, won't even have one on the court if another gets into foul trouble.

jmtapia
10-14-2010, 08:53 PM
not without LBJ.

PrettyBoyJ
10-14-2010, 09:19 PM
I think Wade/Bosh are pretty damn good

Yeah they're pretty good team, but the hype meter wouldnt be set so high.. Not to take away anything from Wade and Bosh but they wouldnt be able to handle a team like the celtics or the Magics with jus Wade and Bosh.. LBJ is a big difference maker

ldawg
10-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Heat is a better team minus Wade or Lebron but more talented with both. With Wade and Lebron on the floor together the better shooters/role player are on the bench no use from there. With Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Anthony the floor shrinks. But if I have to go with a combo I would go with Wade and Bosh and solid role players.

Rego247
10-14-2010, 09:42 PM
yes. they could, as long as its bosh that goes down. hes the lesser of the three, if the Big 2 is intact they still have a good shot.

ElMarroAfamado
10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
they cant do it WITH ALL 3 so what makes you think they will do it without one of them?
Yes The East is horrible...and it will easily get them into the playoffs...but once they are there they wont do much...I have the Celtics, Magic, or Bulls beating them...

jerseybostonian
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Even without one of them, they still have the best duo in the east. They could win it rather easily.

Max Power
10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
If one of the big 2 goes down, no.

Bosh will do ok leaning on both of them, if he only has one to carry the team at playoff time, he'll gag, he's Chris Bosh.

jaizari06
10-15-2010, 02:05 PM
^I agree

Hoopsadvocate
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
they cant do it WITH ALL 3 so what makes you think they will do it without one of them?
Yes The East is horrible...and it will easily get them into the playoffs...but once they are there they wont do much...I have the Celtics, Magic, or Bulls beating them...

:laugh:

beasted86
10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Could they, yes.

I don't think they would, but with the right defense just those 2 scorers can carry the offense still. Heat won the Finals in '06 with an out-of-his-mind Wade and a mediocre performing Antoine Walker & Shaq as the 2nd & 3rd scorers respectively.

leftymo
10-15-2010, 02:35 PM
For 2010? No way. They probably won't even make the finals with only 2 of the 3...

Wade + Bosh and they are probably a #4 seed?

Lebron + Bosh and they are probably a #2 seed, or #1.

But if given a few years of playing together, I think they could win a title with just two. They would need a bigman.

I don't question Miami's offense, but they have no size up front and still need to develop a defense, and their head coach is probably the weakest of all contending teams.

daleja424
10-15-2010, 02:37 PM
actually...they really could. It would be much tougher...but give Lebron or Wade a guy like Bosh the last couple years and they would have been right there...

tr4shb0t
10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
If you're a heat bandwagoner hell yea they could.

CubbySwag313
10-15-2010, 03:16 PM
without Bosh..yes! If any of the other two go down then thats a HELL NO!

OnslaughtXX6
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
If you're a heat bandwagoner hell yea they could.

I love your sig.

dodie53
10-15-2010, 05:15 PM
no one in the heat will have a season ending injury.

i hope.

nipo10847
10-15-2010, 11:13 PM
People underrate Wade waaaaaay too much. A Wade-Bosh combo with good role players would make a serious contender. Dude has done it before and is probably the best to do most with the least. He managed to secure a 5th seed last 2 years with pretty much scubs around him.

blacknell
10-15-2010, 11:28 PM
they can win as long as lebron doesn't go down

RipCity32
10-15-2010, 11:39 PM
do you guys think Bosh is better than Pau Gasol?

justinnum1
10-15-2010, 11:50 PM
do you guys think Bosh is better than Pau Gasol?

Not yet, but he will be.

Heatian
10-16-2010, 02:29 AM
First Time Post:

Alright let's be real now. If you are a Miami Heat fan then you remember the jubilation you felt the day Wade and Bosh decided to join the team together. This was before "The Decision" occurred. It was one of the best days for Miami Heat fans ever. We retained our highlight-reel all-star and gained a formidable big man for our post. Just with this news we automatically felt we were contenders once again, for the first time since Shaq was on the team.

Then came "The Decision". And even though reports the day before claimed that Lebron was leaning towards Miami, it was still too good to be true for us Heat fans. Then it happened! Lebron decided to take "his talents" to South Beach.

Now here we are months later just drooling and salivating about the idea of these three all-stars joining forces in a quest to win championships. This fact is very important. Because all three of them chose to take less money and sign 6 year deals to keep them together for years to come.

Now we can't get upset at the uproar that we have seen since then. If it wasn't our team we would be pissed as well. But this "uproar" is very telling. Everyone wants to jump on our throats and talk BS because they are upset and jealous. That's right I said jealous. Because no matter what any of you other NBA fans have to say now, if your team had acquired these three guys, you would be living it up just like Miami fans.

The point is WE got them. And therefore the hating begins. Now we can sit here and discuss possible injuries and make guesses on whether we could win with just 2 of our big 3. But the most important fact is that even if we do lose one of our big 3 this year, and for some reason fail to win a championship, we still have 5 or more years with all of them on the roster and can win any or all of those years.

We have to understand that the reason these guys came together is solely to WIN. If that is their mindset then there is nothing holding them back. We will win and it's just a matter of WHEN.

I understand the hate and if I was wearing different shoes then I would be drinking the same Haterade. But what NBA fan would not love for his or her team to be questioning WHEN their team will win a championship instead of WILL my team win a championship. Because given the fact that these 3 plan on staying together for a long time, we know they will eventually win. It is just a question of how many can they win. And besides the Lakers I don't think any other team in the NBA has that type of confidence.

So PLEASE! Go on hating the Heat as much as you want. But when 6 years down the road we have 3 or more rings to add to the one Wade pretty much won on his own, what will you be able to say then? Except for more BS Haterade?

Long live the Miami Heat and their Big 3!!!

P.S. Kobe isn't getting any younger.

Heatian
10-16-2010, 03:12 AM
Someone prove I'm wrong...... Let's hear it!

Yanks All Day
10-16-2010, 06:53 AM
First Time Post:

Alright let's be real now. If you are a Miami Heat fan then you remember the jubilation you felt the day Wade and Bosh decided to join the team together. This was before "The Decision" occurred. It was one of the best days for Miami Heat fans ever. We retained our highlight-reel all-star and gained a formidable big man for our post. Just with this news we automatically felt we were contenders once again, for the first time since Shaq was on the team.

Then came "The Decision". And even though reports the day before claimed that Lebron was leaning towards Miami, it was still too good to be true for us Heat fans. Then it happened! Lebron decided to take "his talents" to South Beach.

Now here we are months later just drooling and salivating about the idea of these three all-stars joining forces in a quest to win championships. This fact is very important. Because all three of them chose to take less money and sign 6 year deals to keep them together for years to come.

Now we can't get upset at the uproar that we have seen since then. If it wasn't our team we would be pissed as well. But this "uproar" is very telling. Everyone wants to jump on our throats and talk BS because they are upset and jealous. That's right I said jealous. Because no matter what any of you other NBA fans have to say now, if your team had acquired these three guys, you would be living it up just like Miami fans.

The point is WE got them. And therefore the hating begins. Now we can sit here and discuss possible injuries and make guesses on whether we could win with just 2 of our big 3. But the most important fact is that even if we do lose one of our big 3 this year, and for some reason fail to win a championship, we still have 5 or more years with all of them on the roster and can win any or all of those years.

We have to understand that the reason these guys came together is solely to WIN. If that is their mindset then there is nothing holding them back. We will win and it's just a matter of WHEN.

I understand the hate and if I was wearing different shoes then I would be drinking the same Haterade. But what NBA fan would not love for his or her team to be questioning WHEN their team will win a championship instead of WILL my team win a championship. Because given the fact that these 3 plan on staying together for a long time, we know they will eventually win. It is just a question of how many can they win. And besides the Lakers I don't think any other team in the NBA has that type of confidence.

So PLEASE! Go on hating the Heat as much as you want. But when 6 years down the road we have 3 or more rings to add to the one Wade pretty much won on his own, what will you be able to say then? Except for more BS Haterade?

Long live the Miami Heat and their Big 3!!!

P.S. Kobe isn't getting any younger.

1) Welcome to PSD.

2) I'm not sure that your post covered the topic. At all.

3) You might want to add facts into the posts, because that was a lot of opinion in there with nothing substantial behind it.

4) Kobe's not in the thread.

Anyway. The Heat can still win without Wade or Bosh. LeBron is the one member of the team that can do everything at the highest of levels, so losing him for a long period of time would be crippling,

Badluck33
10-16-2010, 09:14 AM
hell no.

Knicks21
10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
you people have forgotten Wade won a title already without them with a team with a old shaq and antoine walker as their 3rd option. so if wade had bosh they would win and if it was just wade and james they would win. haslem is a starting pf for a championship team so he could replace bosh. and wade with bosh and shooters no stopping him. without wade the heat are not winning it but with wade is the only way they win.

Guy was putting up 20 and 9. Not that old.

Iceman_9
10-16-2010, 09:21 AM
They cant even win with the three of them together..

gbrl
10-16-2010, 04:12 PM
^ hey nostadamus can you tell me this weeks powerball numbers. either with bosh i think will have a chance although wade/lebron will also be a scary combo

faze38
10-16-2010, 05:02 PM
No Wade = No ring sorry Lebron will go down to the Magic or Celtics with out him! Wade just has a crazy ability to carry his team on his back and pull out a championship run when his back is against the wall! Lebron hasn't done that to this day! If Lebron wasn't with the Heat Bosh and Wade could still win a ring in 3 years! He did it with Shaq and when Shaq wasn't playing well Wade aka Flash went into superhuman mode and just took over the finals and won them the ring! People need to get over this Lebron dick riding because the man hasn't won crap and had to follow Wade for a chance at a ring! I don't know if I'm the only one here but even with the "big 3" they are gonna lose to the Lakers if not the Magic or Celtics! The Heat are weak in the post with or without Bosh! Howard and the Celtics will dominate the post game! I think to many people ignore the fact that Wade and Lebron are at best avg 3 point shooters and that is what will hurt them! So the Heats chamionship hopes will all come down to Mike Miller! He may be able to do it but I don't see it happening this year maybe next year when they add a little more size in the post!

SchyGuy11
10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
they could do it without bosh

patsspurscubs
10-16-2010, 05:47 PM
they could do it without bosh

This. It really all boils down to Wade/Lebron. If one of them goes down, then so does their shot for the title. Wade and Lebron will draw too much attention, and the other teams won't be able to keep up.

mohye
10-16-2010, 05:57 PM
well, it would depend on how Miller, Haslem, Anthony, and the remaining role players play. having a combo of Wade/Bosh, or Wade/LeBron, or LeBron/Bosh, would still be the best 1-2 punch in the NBA most likely. If their role players stepped up, at least to a degree where the defense was still top notch, and they made the shots they were asked to make, while making a timely play now and then, I believe they could still win it.
But is obviously becomes more difficult now

Ummm no best 1-2 punch in the nba is still Kobe/Pau.... and they have the chips to prove it...so until any of the heat combo proves they can win they cant be called the best..

footballer2369
10-16-2010, 06:05 PM

13 and 10 in the finals....

Meet a rich man's Zydrunas.

footballer2369
10-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Ummm no best 1-2 punch in the nba is still Kobe/Pau.... and they have the chips to prove it...so until any of the heat combo proves they can win they cant be called the best..

Lebron>Kobe
Wade>Pau

Straight in the kisser!

mohye
10-16-2010, 06:19 PM

Gary Payton and Jayson Williams are better then any pg on the current roster, James Posey is an overall better player then Mike Miller and a proven playoff producer, Shaq might have been old but in 06 is better then Bosh overall will be in 2010 and Alonzo is a better backup then any Heat current backup...not to mention key backups like Kapono DA... so yeah that 06 team would beat your 2010 heat...

mohye
10-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Lebron>Kobe
Wade>Pau

Straight in the kisser!

Being better players doesnt make them better teammates..you have to include chemistry and ill take Kobe/Pau... crown us again in June ..ty

nipo10847
10-16-2010, 06:25 PM
1) Welcome to PSD.

3) You might want to add facts into the posts, because that was a lot of opinion in there with nothing substantial behind it.

Anyway. The Heat can still win without Wade or Bosh. LeBron is the one member of the team that can do everything at the highest of levels, so losing him for a long period of time would be crippling,

Wade is as good as anybody in the league if not the best at performing at the biggest stages. He staged arguably the greatest finals performances in the history of this league. Let me know if there's any bigger stage. He mastered the Olympic as well. And we saw last year against Boston all three of them (LeBron, Wade, and Kobe). Wade was way more dominant.

PJAF
10-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Probably not.

ManRam
10-16-2010, 06:47 PM
I think they could win without Wade, and possibly LeBron. I actually think Bosh is the guy that if you remove the more problems would arise. LeBron and Wade are too similar. Bosh is the only low post threat the Heat have.

I think without Wade they'd still be favorites to come out of the East, much like Cleveland has in the past. That, of course, doesn't mean Boston or Orlando wouldn't beat them.

The Heat without Wade are still better than Cleveland was last year.

hugepatsfan
10-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Lebron>Kobe
Wade>Pau

Straight in the kisser!

I think Kobe and Pau compliment each other better.

footballer2369
10-16-2010, 09:20 PM
I think they could win without Wade, and possibly LeBron. I actually think Bosh is the guy that if you remove the more problems would arise. LeBron and Wade are too similar. Bosh is the only low post threat the Heat have.

I think without Wade they'd still be favorites to come out of the East, much like Cleveland has in the past. That, of course, doesn't mean Boston or Orlando wouldn't beat them.

The Heat without Wade are still better than Cleveland was last year.

This is all fun and good but think about this...Lebron and Wade are always at the top in +/-.

Wade and Lebron start the game. Wade goes out with 4 mins in the 1st, Lebron stays in, the team still outmatches it's opponent with Lebron and shooters. Lebron goes out to start the 2nd and then it's Wade + shooters. Then they're together, then they do it again....

Who beats that team?

JayHunter
10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Hell to the no

godolphins
10-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Yes they can

bbblack40
10-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Gary Payton and Jayson Williams are better then any pg on the current roster, James Posey is an overall better player then Mike Miller and a proven playoff producer, Shaq might have been old but in 06 is better then Bosh overall will be in 2010 and Alonzo is a better backup then any Heat current backup...not to mention key backups like Kapono DA... so yeah that 06 team would beat your 2010 heat...

stop that.... ur just goin off their names and not what they actually did on the court. mike miller is better than posey overall posey is just a better defender, j-will and payton were both past their primes thats why wade handled the ball all the time then too. bosh is better than what shaq, shaq avg. 13pts and 9rebs in the finals so yea im pretty sure bosh can do that. and kapono didnt even play he was just on the roster. i hate when people go look at the roster and just look the names on the roster instead of actually watching the games.

MacFitz92
10-16-2010, 10:46 PM
I think all of this is ridiculous. We don't even know how good they are as it is. They could have 70 wins or they could be a .500 team, nobody knows. They don't have a good center, and we haven't even seen them play a regular season game.

Now we are talking about how good they would be if the loss Wade/LeBron/Bosh? Give me a break.

bbblack40
10-16-2010, 10:52 PM

13 and 9rebs in the finals close to what big z did in the finals the next yr.

wade avg close to 35 lebron close to 21 do you see the difference. wade on a ring because he put the team on his back lebron lost because he couldnt do what wade did thats why the heat dont win without wade point blank.

heatfan03
10-16-2010, 11:51 PM
1) Welcome to PSD.

did u sleep through the 2006 nba playoffs?

justinnum1
10-16-2010, 11:58 PM

Seriously...some people have really short term memory.

bklynny67
10-17-2010, 12:22 AM
they're gonna have a harder time winning it with all 3 then people think, let alone is one is out. people are handing them the championship already and we havent even started the season yet.

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 12:26 AM
I think all of this is ridiculous. We don't even know how good they are as it is. They could have 70 wins or they could be a .500 team, nobody knows. They don't have a good center, and we haven't even seen them play a regular season game.

Now we are talking about how good they would be if the loss Wade/LeBron/Bosh? Give me a break.

yea i know, its really redundant now. i guess people just cant get enough of their team, and their heads are too big and stuffed with this type of doodoo

1) Welcome to PSD.,

could i ask you why you are welcoming this guy to PSD when he already has another account? he's just a bandwagoner just like every other one of these "neo-Heat fans" springing up these days.

Knicks21
10-17-2010, 12:36 AM
13 and 9rebs in the finals close to what big z did in the finals the next yr.

wade avg close to 35 lebron close to 21 do you see the difference. wade on a ring because he put the team on his back lebron lost because he couldnt do what wade did thats why the heat dont win without wade point blank.

You put Jason Terry on Lebron James and tell me how many hes gonna score. Besides, James did it against the Spurs, whereas Wade did it against the Mavericks. Not saying it wasn't a great performance, but it is a lot easier to score on Jason Terry and crew than it is to score on Bruce Bowen and crew. Not intended to bash the heat.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Anyone saying a Wade-Bosh combo wouldn't be a contender with good role players is just a hater or an ignorant fool. That's fine with me though. Just pointing out that this forum lacks the maturity level severely to admit/accept the inevitable.

WolvesJagsOs
10-17-2010, 01:10 AM
I think a Lebron and Bosh duo is very capable of making to the finals.

no doubt.

mjt20mik
10-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Anyone saying a Wade-Bosh combo wouldn't be a contender with good role players is just a hater or an ignorant fool. That's fine with me though. Just pointing out that this forum lacks the maturity level severely to admit/accept the inevitable.

This.

Any combination of two of them on a single team would be absolutely disgusting. However, when referring to our post, I also believe a lot of people lack the maturity when dubbing the Heat 10 -11 Champions before the season starts. When has preseason meant anything?

shep33
10-17-2010, 02:03 AM
If it's Wade and Bosh or Wade and Lebron or Lebron and Bosh... I think they could get to the finals in the future, but not this year. Boston will give them troubles with all 3 IMO just due to their size, and if its just 2, IMO I don't think they could stay close to the Lakers or Celts. So they could contend, but I'd say it'll be a much lower chance for them to win with 2 guys than with 3.

Lakers with Kobe, Ron, Barnes can throw so many different bodies at Bron or Wade, and really don't have to worry too much about fouls. 18 fouls right there to work with. On top of that, Kobe doesn't have to guard Lebron or Wade all the time, but Lebron or Wade have to guard Kobe pretty much all game long.

They could contend IMO, but more than anything, I think if its Bosh and one of the other 2 (Bron and Wade), if they play the Lakers say Bosh and Gasol wash... that means Lebron or Wade have to have huge games every single night. But with Barnes, Artest, Kobe defending them... it'll be the toughest perimeter defense they'd face likely all playoffs.

So recap...

Bron and Wade= no bigs, likely force LBJ and Wade to shoot and make jumpers all day long... probably lose to Boston IMO.

Bron and Bosh= If Boston takes Bosh completely out of the game, which could be very possible with KG, JO, Perk (if health), Shaq, Big Baby, etc., than Lebron has to carry a huge load, and play at a way way higher level than he did against the Celts last year. If they play LA in the finals, like I said before, say Bosh and Gasol wash, even though Gasol has an adavantage IMO. Bron has to carry a huge load against Barnes, Kobe, Artest... and its also difficult to score on the Lakers in the paint with Bynum, Pau, Odom, and even Ratliff now.

Wade and Bosh= similar to Bron and Bosh combo IMO, even though Wade played well against the Celts.

So yeah, I really think this team wouldn't win without all 3 guys this upcoming year. 2 can possibly contend, but not win IMO, 3 gives them the greatest chance of becoming a dynasty and winning next year... but even with all 3, its still going to be hard to win a ring, especially with Boston and LA still being around, and Orlando and Chicago being underrated teams out east.

heathonater
10-17-2010, 02:14 AM
they could, but i dont think the heat minus one star could compete with the lakers depth. lets not forget that the lakers are one o the bigger teams in the nba, and if one of the heat stars was absent, i think they would have a hard time keeping up with the lakers. if the heat have all 3 stars healthy though, i think they have a good shot at beating la. la is obviously a much better team when bynum is on the courtm but his health has been a major issue thus far. if reports are true that he may have to limit his minutes this year, i think miami will be able to beat la.

bbcmillionaire
10-17-2010, 03:22 AM
They will have trouble winning with 3 superstars, so imagine if they lose 1, go bulls, go lakers, go spurs and thunder, anti heat alliance

LeonFSU
10-17-2010, 04:41 AM

Shaq in '06 was better than Bosh has ever been.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 04:55 AM
They will have trouble winning with 3 superstars, so imagine if they lose 1, go bulls, go lakers, go spurs and thunder, anti heat alliance

Sorry Bulls don't belong in that list (In reference to winning it all, not anti heat alliance). And Spurs don't belong in anti-heat alliance. Pat Riley received the most significant appreciation from Pop.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 04:58 AM

Not in the finals. Shaq sure helped but it was all about Dwyane Wade show. Dude staged probably the greatest individual finals brilliance ever.

Baller1
10-17-2010, 05:04 AM
they're gonna have a harder time winning it with all 3 then people think, let alone is one is out. people are handing them the championship already and we havent even started the season yet.

Maybe because they deserve it.

I honestly DON'T get it. LeBron won 60+ games with a bunch of role players. He now has two of the top 15 players in the league alongside him. It's going to be unfair how good this team is. I don't know why people are so biased they can't accept reality.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 05:30 AM

I honestly DON'T get it. LeBron won 60+ games with a bunch of role players. He now has two of the top 15 players in the league alongside him. It's going to be unfair how good this team is. I don't know why people are so biased they can't accept reality.

THIS. Good post and a rare one by a non-Heat fan.

And I truly believe what your sig says.

bklynny67
10-17-2010, 05:44 AM

at the end of the season when they dont win, you better be back here to admit u were wrong. dont dissappear like all these Heat fans do. they just showed up this year cuz they signed 3 fa's.

heatfan03
10-17-2010, 07:55 AM
at the end of the season when they dont win, you better be back here to admit u were wrong. dont dissappear like all these Heat fans do. they just showed up this year cuz they signed 3 fa's.

:facepalm:

mohye
10-17-2010, 08:27 AM

This. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

TheGoodGerman
10-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Without Bosh maybe (!). Without James or Wade, highly unlikely but not impossible. Hard to say without having seen the team play playoff-basketb all against another contender.

D1JM
10-17-2010, 08:35 AM

How many surgeries a go was this?

Heat4life
10-17-2010, 09:23 AM
If wade or lebron goes down it could happen,but if bosh goes down it won't happen.

daveb16
10-17-2010, 10:17 AM

When you have the 2 best players in the league and then a top 10-15 player I think it's pretty easy to say they are not gonna be a .500 team. I'll go as far as 70-12. And yes without one of these players, they are still strong contenders, just remember what Lebron has done in the past.

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 10:25 AM
THIS. Good post and a rare one by a non-Heat fan.

And I truly believe what your sig says.

rare? really? is it pink all the way through?

thats pretty typical for you to be so ignorant to say this is a "rare" post

there has been PLENTY of non-heat fans saying they will dominate, and dominate with 2/3 superstars. just read the thread thoroughly instead of making crazy statements

rare, wow. its more COMMON actually, especially considering all those bandwagoners. rare, HA! i got to use that one sometime

bbblack40
10-17-2010, 10:26 AM
You put Jason Terry on Lebron James and tell me how many hes gonna score. Besides, James did it against the Spurs, whereas Wade did it against the Mavericks. Not saying it wasn't a great performance, but it is a lot easier to score on Jason Terry and crew than it is to score on Bruce Bowen and crew. Not intended to bash the heat.

once again please just stop throwing names out there bc its so obvious you didnt really watch the games, josh howard, marquis daniels, devin harris, and jerry stackhouse drew the assignment of sticking wade not jason terry point blank no one could stop him. Who did the dallas mavericks beat to get to the finals?.... oh yeah that same san antonio team that beat the cavs a yr later. so Wade beat the team that beat the cavs ummmm..... seriously stop just watchin espn and reading boxscores, go purchase nba league pass and actually watch the games b4 commenting.

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 10:32 AM
once again please just stop throwing names out there bc its so obvious you didnt really watch the games, josh howard, marquis daniels, devin harris, and jerry stackhouse drew the assignment of sticking wade not jason terry point blank no one could stop him. Who did the dallas mavericks beat to get to the finals?.... oh yeah that same san antonio team that beat the cavs a yr later. so Wade beat the team that beat the cavs ummmm..... seriously stop just watchin espn and reading boxscores, go purchase nba league pass and actually watch the games b4 commenting.

how can they be the same when one team is a year older than the other?

bbblack40
10-17-2010, 10:41 AM

shaq for the 2006 season played 59 avg 20ppg 9rpg

bosh for the season last yr. played 70 games avg 24ppg 11rpg

so yea..... 20ppg is better than 24ppg and 9rpg is better than 11rpg..... i guess my math skills are not up to par.lol

bbblack40
10-17-2010, 10:47 AM
how can they be the same when one team is a year older than the other?

meaning same players were on the team no significant changes. actually after the mavs went to the finals they had the best record in the league and the mvp on their team so they were actually better than they were in 2006 they just ran into a tough matchup with the warriors. warriors outplayed and outcoached the mavs in 2007. lebron stunk it up in the finals make all the excuses you want but he was looking like an avg. nba player in the finals. Wade put on a performance like no other.

todu82
10-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Without Bosh and possibly without Wade.

Baller1
10-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Alright, and when the Heat coast to 65-70 wins and sweep through round one, I want to see you back here to admit I was right. The only teams that have any kind of chance of beating Miami is LA, Boston, maybe Orlando, and I like to think the Thunder do but that remains to be seen.

Everyone talks about how they hate all these Miami threads and the bandwagon fans, but the Miami "bandwagon haters" are just as bad, and maybe even worse. Grow up and recognize/respect greatness.

SugeKnight
10-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Any two out of the three could carry the team to the finals

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 03:22 PM
alright, and when the heat coast to 65-70 wins and sweep through round one, i want to see you back here to admit i was right. the only teams that have any kind of chance of beating miami is la, boston, maybe orlando, and i like to think the thunder do but that remains to be seen.

Everyone talks about how they hate all these miami threads and the bandwagon fans, but the miami "bandwagon haters" are just as bad, and maybe even worse. grow up and recognize/respect greatness.

+1

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Everyone talks about how they hate all these Miami threads and the bandwagon fans, but the Miami "bandwagon haters" are just as bad, and maybe even worse. Grow up and recognize/respect greatness.

I am sorry, its just that the Big 3 are just a bunch of attention whores, YOU cannot deny that. It seems like the Heat fans think of themselves the same. Time and TIME again I've seen the same old topic posted up over and over again. WE GET IT THE HEAT WILL DOMINATE, NO **** SHERLOCK!

You can't help but hate when it seems like the HEAT became the centre of the Universe, seriously there is nothing more annoying than a attention sponge.

bandwagoners are ok, but the hate comes from because they are bad mouthing their Home team. I dont get it, for most of your life you love a team and because all seems to be over, you switch over and pretend like you been a Heat fan this whole time? and its HEAT fans too who are hating these bandwagoners who are just a bunch of contradictors

recognize and respect greatness? wanna recognize and respect greatness, LOL the Big 3 = greatness? seriously? you know what, if every All-Star signed for less on one team does that equal greatness? because by your definition it does.

Greatness in this league is a LEADER being able to lead HIS team over any aversities. How is this greatness when it is clearly something planned, something unfair, something that NO OTHER GREAT NBA PLAYER WOULDVE DONE?! How is that greatness?

if the other greats don't recognize and respect it, WHY SHOUD WE?!

the Heat fans are constantly over and over again being ignorant and ACCUSING the rest of the league of being blind.

Are you not a Thunder's fan? well a person stated that it is "rare" for non-Heat fans to compliment the Heat. Are you not complimenting them? And i am pretty sure this thread alone you will see PLENTY of compliments from non-Heat fans, but its NEVER ENOUGH

another fan said I had no love for the game because I dont want to cheer on the Big 3. What kind of bull **** is that? seriously just because I don't want to cheer a team i dont really like? i should cheer on the team that is the best? wow if everybody had that type of thinking then really we should have a 2 -team league, one crappy and one extremely good. I love the game and like any sport for UNPREDICTABILITY, and this Big 3 just made the GAME so predictable. You will know the ending of the movie because it has been spoiled for years to come. How can you respect and love something like that? Explain to me?

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I am sorry, its just that the Big 3 are just a bunch of attention whores, YOU cannot deny that. It seems like the Heat fans think of themselves the same. Time and TIME again I've seen the same old topic posted up over and over again. WE GET IT THE HEAT WILL DOMINATE, NO **** SHERLOCK!

You can't help but hate when it seems like the HEAT became the centre of the Universe, seriously there is nothing more annoying than a attention sponge.

bandwagoners are ok, but the hate comes from because they are bad mouthing their Home team. I dont get it, for most of your life you love a team and because all seems to be over, you switch over and pretend like you been a Heat fan this whole time? and its HEAT fans too who are hating these bandwagoners who are just a bunch of contradictors

recognize and respect greatness? wanna recognize and respect greatness, LOL the Big 3 = greatness? seriously? you know what, if every All-Star signed for less on one team does that equal greatness? because by your definition it does.

Greatness in this league is a LEADER being able to lead HIS team over any aversities. How is this greatness when it is clearly something planned, something unfair, something that NO OTHER GREAT NBA PLAYER WOULDVE DONE?! How is that greatness?

the Heat fans are constantly over and over again being ignorant and ACCUSING the rest of the league of being blind.

Are you not a Thunder's fan? well a person stated that it is "rare" for non-Heat fans to compliment the Heat. Are you not complimenting them? And i am pretty sure this thread alone you will see PLENTY of compliments from non-Heat fans, but its NEVER ENOUGH

another fan said I had no love for the game because I dont want to cheer on the Big 3. What kind of bull **** is that? seriously just because I don't want to cheer a team i dont really like? i should cheer on the team that is the best? wow if everybody had that type of thinking then really we should have a 2 -team league, one crappy and one extremely good. I love the game and like any sport for UNPREDICTABILITY, and this Big 3 just made the GAME so predictable. You will know the ending of the movie because it has been spoiled for years to come. How can you respect and love something like that? Explain to me?

Your wrong. Lebrons "the decision" was called by him (wether u believe it was for charity sake or his ego is ur view w/e) but as far as the big 3 do you really think they said Hey give us a welcome party and broadcast it all over the world. And Hey espn show us on tv 24/7 and hey nba players talk about us all the time and hey reporters ask us constant questions.

No, and i hope your not that dumb. If you should hate on anyone its the media who makes up drama to keep them public and bandwagon haters who have been whining and moaning since we got them. And if you notice none of the HEAT related threads on the NBA forum page are made by HEAT fans they are made by others looking for drama and/or to bash them.

You hate them so much then stop talking about them ignore it and dont give it attention and the media will slowly stop asking questions and posting about them so much. They only do so now because of the majority of people who hate and bring attnetion because without attention they wouldnt get rating and wouldnt care.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Honestly, if you hate a team or player(s), then don't watch them. I will never understand the hatred towards the Heat and LeBron this summer. Too much hype? Hate the media. They have done nothing wrong.

Chronz
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM

Hypocritical BS as most of those star players either did the same thing at some point, or were never in the position to ask, they already had those significant advantages.

I mean Chuck joined a team that was contending without him and then tried to tag along with Hakeem, Clyde. Then took a paycut to get Pippen on board and then had the gall to say Houston never payed him the money they promised after that paycut.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 05:07 PM
rare? really? is it pink all the way through?

thats pretty typical for you to be so ignorant to say this is a "rare" post

there has been PLENTY of non-heat fans saying they will dominate, and dominate with 2/3 superstars. just read the thread thoroughly instead of making crazy statements

rare, wow. its more COMMON actually, especially considering all those bandwagoners. rare, HA! i got to use that one sometime

I said that was a rare honest post by a NON-HEAT fan. 95% of PSD (non-heat fans) are Heat haters. What is your point? Stop shaking and read carefully. Heat WILL dominate the next decade and welcome you to a decade of irrelevance.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Alright, and when the Heat coast to 65-70 wins and sweep through round one, I want to see you back here to admit I was right. The only teams that have any kind of chance of beating Miami is LA, Boston, maybe Orlando, and I like to think the Thunder do but that remains to be seen.

Yessir!! Thank you once again!! I hope the haters take a lesson from a Thunder fan.

ldawg
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Lebron and Wade might be the bigger names but without Bosh the team becomes off balance but without wade or Lebron they are still a top 5 team. To be honest they are a better team without Wade or Lebron.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Lebron and Wade might be the bigger names but without Bosh the team becomes off balance but without wade or Lebron they are still a top 5 team. To be honest they are a better team without Wade or Lebron.

why?

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Your wrong. Lebrons "the decision" was called by him (wether u believe it was for charity sake or his ego is ur view w/e) but as far as the big 3 do you really think they said Hey give us a welcome party and broadcast it all over the world. And Hey espn show us on tv 24/7 and hey nba players talk about us all the time and hey reporters ask us constant questions.

No, and i hope your not that dumb. If you should hate on anyone its the media who makes up drama to keep them public and bandwagon haters who have been whining and moaning since we got them. And if you notice none of the HEAT related threads on the NBA forum page are made by HEAT fans they are made by others looking for drama and/or to bash them.

You hate them so much then stop talking about them ignore it and dont give it attention and the media will slowly stop asking questions and posting about them so much. They only do so now because of the majority of people who hate and bring attnetion because without attention they wouldnt get rating and wouldnt care.

You said "I am wrong. Lebron's "the Decision" was called by him" CORRECT? Well then, you really really need to read carefully. What did I say? Huh? What did I SAY? I said the BIG 3 ARE ATTENTION WHORES. YOU BOLDED THAT PART TOO. Now this "The Decision" you say was called by LEbron? LOL WOW you are saying that Lebron wanted that stupid special to Air? You are saying that doesnt make him an Attention Whore?!

I DONT LOL I really dont. I never said anything in the past that showed any type of hate, its just when you get a bunch of guys WHO say Everybody is a HATer, well I am not but I could see why THEY DO.

AND yea they still had a choice whether to have a welcome party or not, they were told they were going to have YES OR NO? right? they couldve said, we much rather not have one...

HOW CAN YOU SAY NONE OF THE HEAT FANS MADE THESE THREADS?! WOWWWWWWWW THIS THREAD ITSELF, is it NOT a HEAT FAN started THREAD, I COULD PULL THREADS OUT OF MY *** THAT HAVE HEAT ALL OVER IT (lol)

Do you even KNOW how I got into this thread, ALL I SAID WAS WHO CARES IF ONE OF THE HEAT PLAYERS GOT INJURED, AND OHHH NO. I OPENED PANDORAS BOX....

Heat fans here and there and EVERYWHERE accusing of crazy crazy statements "YOu Sir HAVE NO LOVE for BASKETBALL if you dont CHEER on the HEAT!!!"

and I was like excuse me?

I said that was a rare honest post by a NON-HEAT fan. 95% of PSD (non-heat fans) are Heat haters. What is your point? Stop shaking and read carefully. Heat WILL dominate the next decade and welcome you the to a decade of irrelevance.

you're telling me to read carefully? whats the matter with you? I JUST ARGUED AGAINST WHAT YOU SAID THAT IT IS NOT RARE FOR NON-HEAT FANS TO COMPLIMENT THE HEAT

This IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. I said THAT THERE ARE PLENTTTYYYY OF PEOPLE who think the Heat will do Great. THIS GUY SAYS ITS SOOOOO RARE like Mewtwo in POKEMON!

And yet look how he RESPONDS. TYPICAL

LOL 95% OF THE PSD IS NON-HEAT FANS?! LMAO the HEAT always had a STRONG FAN BASE, my goodness maybe 95% are NON-Clipper Fans, but the HEAT?! My problem is ignorant people like who make such BRASH assumptions.

I have my key words in CAPS LOCK so its EASIER for you to READ

Baller1
10-17-2010, 05:30 PM

LeBron did everything for the city of Cleveland. Remained loyal, led them to the Finals, brought that city back to life. He is a leader, and he wants a ring which wasn't going to happen in Cleveland; so why should he be hated for that?

As for Wade, he willed his team to a championship, so I don't exactly understand where you're going with that one.

And then there's Bosh, who before he went to Miami, was widely considered a top 3 PF in the league. But now since he's on Miami, all of a sudden he's an overrated player who's along for the ride. Give me a break.

Just because Miami now has a bunch of bandwagon fans, doesn't mean the team should be discredited. They have the chance of being the greatest team (team, not dynasty) of all-time (single season). I can see them winning 70 games at some point, and I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so.

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Just because Miami now has a bunch of bandwagon fans, doesn't mean the team should be discredited. They have the chance of being the greatest team (team, not dynasty) of all-time (single season). I can see them winning 70 games at some point, and I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so.

where is it DO I SAY it is because BANDWAGONER fans, that the TEAM should not be CREDITED?

from what you bolded:

"recognize and respect greatness? wanna recognize and respect greatness, LOL the Big 3 = greatness? seriously? you know what, if every All-Star signed for less on one team does that equal greatness? because by your definition it does.

Greatness in this league is a LEADER being able to lead HIS team over any aversities. How is this greatness when it is clearly something planned, something unfair, something that NO OTHER GREAT NBA PLAYER WOULDVE DONE?! How is that greatness?"

that's my definition of watching greatness, there is no mention of bandwagoners. Greatness is not watching basically the All-star team beat down the regular teams over and over again. I much rather watch Durant lead his team to the championship without all this "lets team up, become the StarBucks of the NBA world and beat down all the smaller coffee markets"

Byronicle
10-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Honestly, if you hate a team or player(s), then don't watch them. I will never understand the hatred towards the Heat and LeBron this summer. Too much hype? Hate the media. They have done nothing wrong.

Hawkeye, if you do recall you would find that the source of my hatred is not really for the team itself. I will enjoy seeing my team try to beat the Heat.

if you do recall it all started when a HEAT fan was being ignorant right? when he said I had no "love" for the sport.

it just so happens that I see another typical IGNORANT post from another and I thought, you know what, stop thinking like Chris Bosh and saying the whole world is against you when realistically LOTS of PEOPLE WANT TO SEE them go 82-0.

Baller1
10-17-2010, 05:40 PM
where is it DO I SAY it is because BANDWAGONER fans, that the TEAM should not be CREDITED?

from what you bolded:

"recognize and respect greatness? wanna recognize and respect greatness, LOL the Big 3 = greatness? seriously? you know what, if every All-Star signed for less on one team does that equal greatness? because by your definition it does.

Greatness in this league is a LEADER being able to lead HIS team over any aversities. How is this greatness when it is clearly something planned, something unfair, something that NO OTHER GREAT NBA PLAYER WOULDVE DONE?! How is that greatness?"

that's my definition of watching greatness, there is no mention of bandwagoners. Greatness is not watching basically the All-star team beat down the regular teams over and over again. I much rather watch Durant lead his team to the championship without all this "lets team up, become the StarBucks of the NBA world and beat down all the smaller coffee markets"

So what exactly was "not great" about Wade leading his team to a championship? Or about LeBron single handedly taking the (pretty weak) East by storm and going to Finals?

Both of these players are amazing, and LeBron will arguably go down as a top 5-10 player of all time.

But you're right, what a lack of greatness on this squad.

ElMarroAfamado
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
"Grow up and recognize/respect greatness."

Really? Greatness? what have they done? Yes Wade has a title...thats him..he has been with the heat...but james and bosh whathave they done? how are they great?

and your telling someone to grow up? Your the one that seems like if you are 10 because you are excited to put yourself together a unbeatable 2k10 team. The NBA is a different story.

Grow Up.

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 05:44 PM
You said "I am wrong. Lebron's "the Decision" was called by him" CORRECT? Well then, you really really need to read carefully. What did I say? Huh? What did I SAY? I said the BIG 3 ARE ATTENTION WHORES. YOU BOLDED THAT PART TOO. Now this "The Decision" you say was called by LEbron? LOL WOW you are saying that Lebron wanted that stupid special to Air? You are saying that doesnt make him an Attention Whore?!

I DONT LOL I really dont. I never said anything in the past that showed any type of hate, its just when you get a bunch of guys WHO say Everybody is a HATer, well I am not but I could see why THEY DO.

AND yea they still had a choice whether to have a welcome party or not, they were told they were going to have YES OR NO? right? they couldve said, we much rather not have one...

HOW CAN YOU SAY NONE OF THE HEAT FANS MADE THESE THREADS?! WOWWWWWWWW THIS THREAD ITSELF, is it NOT a HEAT FAN started THREAD, I COULD PULL THREADS OUT OF MY *** THAT HAVE HEAT ALL OVER IT (lol)

Do you even KNOW how I got into this thread, ALL I SAID WAS WHO CARES IF ONE OF THE HEAT PLAYERS GOT INJURED, AND OHHH NO. I OPENED PANDORAS BOX....

Heat fans here and there and EVERYWHERE accusing of crazy crazy statements "YOu Sir HAVE NO LOVE for BASKETBALL if you dont CHEER on the HEAT!!!"

and I was like excuse me?

you're telling me to read carefully? whats the matter with you? I JUST ARGUED AGAINST WHAT YOU SAID THAT IT IS NOT RARE FOR NON-HEAT FANS TO COMPLIMENT THE HEAT

This IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. I said THAT THERE ARE PLENTTTYYYY OF PEOPLE who think the Heat will do Great. THIS GUY SAYS ITS SOOOOO RARE like Mewtwo in POKEMON!

LOL 95% OF THE PSD IS NON-HEAT FANS?! LMAO the HEAT always had a STRONG FAN BASE, my goodness maybe 95% are NON-Clipper Fans, but the HEAT?! My problem is ignorant people like who make such BRASH assumptions.

Dude i was trying to have a respectful debate and give u the fact (this means agree with u) that lebron did something that attracted attnetion to him in making "the decision" public even though wether that was for attention or to take advanatge of the media to help a charity is debateable. THE POINT was that the BIG 3 never did anything together to be attention whores.

Yes, They had a choice to do the welcome party or not (im agreeing wit u see!!! but hold on theres more dont just read this and ignore everything else like u did last time) It was for SOuth florida!!!! why would they say no to our fans it wasnt a welcome party for the world it was for south florida. ESPN just wanted in on it and paid for the rights and the heat organization (NOT the big 3) gave them the rights to it. Thats out of their control. And since it was aired nationally u think hey its there fault for giving their fans a show right? Ya how dare they :rolleyes:. Well nobody forced u to watch.

AND NO THIS THREAD WASNT STARTED BY A HEAT FAN!!!What heat fan names themselves lebrons mom?!? This is what im talking about u people are so blinded by hate u dont see whats in front of u. Making that stupid accusation is further proof. Look up the first 2-3 pages ull see they are all not heat fans.

So calm down when u obviously are one of those bandwagon haters. You just proved it to everyone

ElMarroAfamado
10-17-2010, 05:45 PM
I said that was a rare honest post by a NON-HEAT fan. 95% of PSD (non-heat fans) are Heat haters. What is your point? Stop shaking and read carefully. Heat WILL dominate the next decade and welcome you the to a decade of irrelevance.

its statements like that that make people hate HEAT bandwagoners and the Heat anymore...

yeah they will dominante the regular season and might win a title in 2016 or something
1 title...for a team that people think are gonna win 6 in a row

ElMarroAfamado
10-17-2010, 05:48 PM
"
- They said we couldnt sign all three top FA's and for nothing less than max contracts.... proved them wrong

- They said we would have a horrible bench and that nobody would take the min. to play with us... proved them wrong

- Now they say we wont be a dynasty and we'd be lucky to win a ring or two within the next 6 years.... guess how this will end. "

Sure you will be a dynasty...in NBA2k11
give it a shot....just dunk all game with lebron james and wade and bosh....

God ima jsut stop posting cause HEAT fans are delusional

Baller1
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
"Grow up and recognize/respect greatness."

Really? Greatness? what have they done? Yes Wade has a title...thats him..he has been with the heat...but james and bosh whathave they done? how are they great?

and your telling someone to grow up? Your the one that seems like if you are 10 because you are excited to put yourself together a unbeatable 2k10 team. The NBA is a different story.

Grow Up.

The fact that you don't think LeBron is great negates any type of argument you want to come up with. I'm not even going to waste my time with you.

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
"
- They said we couldnt sign all three top FA's and for nothing less than max contracts.... proved them wrong

- They said we would have a horrible bench and that nobody would take the min. to play with us... proved them wrong

- Now they say we wont be a dynasty and we'd be lucky to win a ring or two within the next 6 years.... guess how this will end. "

Sure you will be a dynasty...in NBA2k11
give it a shot....just dunk all game with lebron james and wade and bosh....

God ima jsut stop posting cause HEAT fans are delusional

Ya and i bet u facepalmed the first two statements when HEAT fans were saying that this summer too and u were wrong then and u will be wrong again.

Thats sig is specifically for doubters like u.

Heater4life
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
its statements like that that make people hate HEAT bandwagoners and the Heat anymore...

yeah they will dominante the regular season and might win a title in 2016 or something

If you dont think that team, with that raw talent doesnt have a great opportunity to dominate, than no team ever will.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 06:00 PM

Get a life. How do you know they will win ONLY one title in 2016??? I am stating my opinion based on looking at the rosters. What are you based on? My prediction makes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more sense than yours. Anyone with little basketball knowledge will agree with my prediction than yours.

ldawg
10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Hypocritical BS as most of those star players either did the same thing at some point, or were never in the position to ask, they already had those significant advantages.

I mean Chuck joined a team that was contending without him and then tried to tag along with Hakeem, Clyde. Then took a paycut to get Pippen on board and then had the gall to say Houston never payed him the money they promised after that paycut.The dude was in his 30s and out his prime so what. Lebron team lead the nba for two straight years and won mvp and likely the most gifted player the nba has seen. he is not the ordinary 6'8" guy he have the tools to surpass jordan. But when he join Wade just entering his prime it took strips of his back. He is no longer viewed like that. Even if they win 4 rings Lebron will have the monkey on his back. MJ knows this and have bragging rights. He will remain the goat after Lebron. The League know this that is why they turn the attention to Durrant. The nba will always be looking for someone to surpass the great players like MJ that set the pace so high no one has reached. After lakers and Boston fall who will they compete against? If you just started watching ball it might be the best thing you have every seen but if you were around in MJ, Bird, Magic, Paton, Malone, Kemp, Dominique, Ewing, Charles, etc. days it wont. You had many top rate teams not like today top guys did not play together on one team to insure rings. unless the hope of wining one on you own was closed due to aged legs example Boston. That is why they did not take heat like Lebron did. What he did was not personal but its kind of like unsportful. We have a game like that its called all-stars. Two primed all-stars on one team is fear game three top tem players on one is just not sportful. Heat will win ring being over talented but will they be respected among peers or pass greats? however the casual fan will call them great but are they? is it spotful for a mustang to race a civic?

Baller1
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
The dude was in his 30s and out his prime so what. Lebron team lead the nba for two straight years and won mvp and likely the most gifted player the nba has seen. he is not the ordinary 6'8" guy he have the tools to surpass jordan. But when he join Wade just entering his prime it took strips of his back. Even if they win 4 rings Lebron will have the monkey on his back. MJ knows this and have bragging rights. After lakers and Boston fall who will they compete against? If you just started watching ball it might be the best thing you have every seen but if you were around in MJ, Bird, Magic, Paton, Malone, Kemp, Dominique, Ewing, Charles, etc. days it wont. You had many top rate teams not like today top guys did not play together on one team to insure wins unless the hope of wining one on you own was closed due to aged legs example Boston. That is why they did not take heat like Lebron did. What he did was not personal but its kind of like unsportful. We have a game like that its called all-stars.

So Jordan is allowed to play with a top 50 player of all time and the best rebounder of all time, but LeBron isn't allowed to play with a couple all-stars?

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM

yes, it is rare for a non heat fan to say what that thunder fan said. Anyone with sense of the game will agree with him. Hawkeye, Tredigs, ManRam, and Chronz are not heat fans but they are the most respected PSD posters who also belong in that small 5-10% group, which agree with baller's prediction/opinion. No need to get over-excited on an internet forum.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 06:09 PM
So Jordan is allowed to play with a top 50 player of all time and the best rebounder of all time, but LeBron isn't allowed to play with a couple all-stars?

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

baller, why are you responding to posts that says LeBron shouldn't have joined the Heat? They just simply can't accept the reality. It already happened. July 8, 2010 will never comeback in human history. Let them deal with it.

daleja424
10-17-2010, 06:13 PM
The dude was in his 30s and out his prime so what. Lebron team lead the nba for two straight years and won mvp and likely the most gifted player the nba has seen. he is not the ordinary 6'8" guy he have the tools to surpass jordan. But when he join Wade just entering his prime it took strips of his back. Even if they win 4 rings Lebron will have the monkey on his back. MJ knows this and have bragging rights. He will remain the goat after Lebron. The League know this that is why they turn the attention to Durrant. The nba will always be looking for someone to surpass the great players the set the pace so high no one has reach. After lakers and Boston fall who will they compete against? If you just started watching ball it might be the best thing you have every seen but if you were around in MJ, Bird, Magic, Paton, Malone, Kemp, Dominique, Ewing, Charles, etc. days it wont. You had many top rate teams not like today top guys did not play together on one team to insure wins. unless the hope of wining one on you own was closed due to aged legs example Boston. That is why they did not take heat like Lebron did. What he did was not personal but its kind of like unsportful. We have a game like that its called all-stars.

poor MJ having to play with the lowly Scotty Pippen and Dennis Rodman :rolleyes:

clearly, you either do not know much about the histroy of the nba or you are choosing to igore it...

netsgiantsyanks
10-17-2010, 06:27 PM
this heat drama for the last 3 months has been sickening. if lebron had just stayed in cleveland, i wouldnt have to see **** like this come up. the haters are annoying, the bandwagoners are annoying, the amazingely overconfident fans are annoying, this whole **** is annoying. and you want to know my honest answer to your question, OP?? i can give two ****s.

ldawg
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
why?The better shooters dirty players stay on the bench. It also shrinks the floor. Wade and Lebron have to cater to each other it kills chemistry rolls are not define.

el_primo_nano
10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
they can if one of their bench players can play like Posey did three years ago

ldawg
10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
poor MJ having to play with the lowly Scotty Pippen and Dennis Rodman :rolleyes:

clearly, you either do not know much about the histroy of the nba or you are choosing to igore it...Dennis was not an all-star just a rebound machine Lebron had one in big Ben. Pippen and Mj was a duo Rodman was not there for six rings. Shaq Kobe Duo, Pau Kobe duo. older player do tend to gang up in fear of not wining rings but that is after their prime not before it.

ldawg
10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
they can if one of their bench players can play like Posey did three years agomike miller will but Lebron and Wade are young and can each play 40 plus minutes not like Paul and Allen.

daleja424
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
actually rodman was an all-star...twice... and he is also a 2 time defensive player of the year, and twice was selected to an all-nba team... a guy that averaged over 14 rebounds per game in 8 different seasons...

and you are comparing him to Ben Wallace at the end of his career?!?!

ever heard of Kareem, Magic, and Worthy? How about Parish, Bird, mchale?

ldawg
10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Was Wothy a franchise player? Was Parish a Franchise player?

ldawg
10-17-2010, 06:53 PM
all three of these players were leader of their team and franchise players.

daleja424
10-17-2010, 07:00 PM

all three of these players were leader of their team and franchise players.

worthy and parish very well may have been franchse players if drafted elsewhere. The fact that they became hall of famers while not being primary options should tell you something about how good these guys were. You are arguing that Bosh, Wade, and Lebron shouldnt play together because they got drafted to different places essentially. B/c they all got drafted to bad teams, they should suffer...

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Dennis Rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time and one of the greatest defenders of all time as well. He averaged ~15/16 rebounds when he was in chicago. Accoring to Red Auerbach rebounding is the 2nd most important aspect of the game of basketball. So comparing Rodman with an old Ben Wallace who barely stayed on the floor (23-24mpg averaging 6-7rpg) is not a wise thought. Not gonna even talk about Scottie Pippen.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 07:05 PM

Bosh wouldn't be a franchise player if he was drafted by cavs or heat to play alongside of LeBron or Wade.

_KB24_
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
From what I've skimmed through, this thread is nothing but baiting and bickering. I love how people say "I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you" but did the exact thing by writing the post. :laugh2:

And to answer the question, what's the scenario? Would it be someone going down on injury or the third wheel never signing? If it's injury, then no way in hell, the Heat are already thin on the depth chart and they would have trouble getting to the ECF if that was the case. If they would have not signed the third man, than they could have went out and spent some good money on another big or two to muscle up. Than they could have been just as well off.

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
I like how Idawg was so confident about rodman not being an all star and essentially not a big 3 yet when Daleja proves he was Idawg completely ignores it and changed the subject to two other nba players.

Like most haters they change the subject slightly once their argument fails. I know because i remember he was one of the people who never thought lebron would come to miami and now that he is hes mad about being wrong so hes changing the subject just slightly from lebron coming to miami to this. So what will all these people talk about in 4-6 years? No way Lebron uses his player option to stay 2 more years?

You guys are funny. How about us HEAT fans and NBA fans enjoy the ride of watching a new team compete for titles and make history while yall stay mad at something u will never change.

Worry about your own team. Because ours is doing fine.

netsgiantsyanks
10-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Dennis Rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time and one of the greatest defenders of all time as well. He averaged ~15/16 rebounds when he was in chicago. Accoring to Red Auerbach rebounding is the 2nd most important aspect of the game of basketball. So comparing Rodman with an old Ben Wallace who barely stayed on the floor (23-24mpg averaging 6-7rpg) is not a wise thought. Not gonna even talk about Scottie Pippen.

wilt chamberlain begs to differ.

nipo10847
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
wilt chamberlain begs to differ.

Sorry, Wilt or Russel would not be able to average 22 rpg in the nineties. Not to mention that Rodman was only 6'6". His rebounding ability was absolutely unbelievable. I think most people think he is GOAT of rebounding but there's always other opinions.

mikealike305
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
yes they could.

Baller1
10-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Dennis was not an all-star just a rebound machine Lebron had one in big Ben. Pippen and Mj was a duo Rodman was not there for six rings. Shaq Kobe Duo, Pau Kobe duo. older player do tend to gang up in fear of not wining rings but that is after their prime not before it.

Wow.

Dennis Rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time. I think that has a little value to a championship.

ldawg
10-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I like how Idawg was so confident about rodman not being an all star and essentially not a big 3 yet when Daleja proves he was Idawg completely ignores it and changed the subject to two other nba players.

Like most haters they change the subject slightly once their argument fails. I know because i remember he was one of the people who never thought lebron would come to miami and now that he is hes mad about being wrong so hes changing the subject just slightly from lebron coming to miami to this. So what will all these people talk about in 4-6 years? No way Lebron uses his player option to stay 2 more years?

You guys are funny. How about us HEAT fans and NBA fans enjoy the ride of watching a new team compete for titles and make history while yall stay mad at something u will never change.

Worry about your own team. Because ours is doing fine.I guess if it was not Lebron i would not have any trouble with it it. I just viewed him too big of a star to play with another 30pt + player wing man. an all star big man yes. any way Pippen was never a 30 ppg player even without mike like Wade is. Pippen like many players are good but not elite example a player like Odom. so don't class him with Lebrom or wade.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Hawkeye, if you do recall you would find that the source of my hatred is not really for the team itself. I will enjoy seeing my team try to beat the Heat.

if you do recall it all started when a HEAT fan was being ignorant right? when he said I had no "love" for the sport.

it just so happens that I see another typical IGNORANT post from another and I thought, you know what, stop thinking like Chris Bosh and saying the whole world is against you when realistically LOTS of PEOPLE WANT TO SEE them go 82-0.

well, letting ignorant, homerish fans make you dislike a team is petty. Who cares if there was an influx of below average intelligent fans who joined in July from the Heat base (and I am very sorry to say this, but you dedicated Heat fans know its true), and it should not effect your opinion. You are a better poster than this. You know it. So act like it

Hawkeye15
10-17-2010, 09:40 PM
The dude was in his 30s and out his prime so what. Lebron team lead the nba for two straight years and won mvp and likely the most gifted player the nba has seen. he is not the ordinary 6'8" guy he have the tools to surpass jordan. But when he join Wade just entering his prime it took strips of his back. He is no longer viewed like that. Even if they win 4 rings Lebron will have the monkey on his back. MJ knows this and have bragging rights. He will remain the goat after Lebron. The League know this that is why they turn the attention to Durrant. The nba will always be looking for someone to surpass the great players like MJ that set the pace so high no one has reached. After lakers and Boston fall who will they compete against? If you just started watching ball it might be the best thing you have every seen but if you were around in MJ, Bird, Magic, Paton, Malone, Kemp, Dominique, Ewing, Charles, etc. days it wont. You had many top rate teams not like today top guys did not play together on one team to insure rings. unless the hope of wining one on you own was closed due to aged legs example Boston. That is why they did not take heat like Lebron did. What he did was not personal but its kind of like unsportful. We have a game like that its called all-stars. Two primed all-stars on one team is fear game three top tem players on one is just not sportful. Heat will win ring being over talented but will they be respected among peers or pass greats? however the casual fan will call them great but are they? is it spotful for a mustang to race a civic?

what on earth are you talking about here? You are all over the place, and using double standards man

Hawkeye15
10-17-2010, 09:42 PM
The better shooters dirty players stay on the bench. It also shrinks the floor. Wade and Lebron have to cater to each other it kills chemistry rolls are not define.

while you are using per speculation, thank you for answering.

jmlbnks26
10-17-2010, 10:01 PM
They can as long as Bosh is not the one that go down.

ldawg
10-17-2010, 10:23 PM
what on earth are you talking about here? You are all over the place, and using double standards manjust can't put in word how much i don't like Lebron on Heat with Wade. I don't hate him for going its just weird because of who he is. I just don't like it for the nba and for a Player of his caliber. its disappointing and kind of a no win situation for him. I think it has degrade him a bit. Notice how Bosh or Wade did not get hit with negative response. Maybe he is just not the player we thought he was i guess. Maybe its because i can't put his name and Mj in the same sentence anymore. He will be remembered has the guy who latch on to Wade. If they don't dominate he will fall even harder. As of right now they are not the best team but they do have the most talent and potential. Both Lebron and Wade are capable 33ppg players and can get to the basket at will.

comixxx
10-17-2010, 10:24 PM
No. /thread.

ManRam
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
No. /thread.

Convincing argument. /sarcam

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 10:35 PM
just can't put in word how much i don't like Lebron on Heat with Wade. I don't hate him for going its just weird because of who he is. I just don't like it for the nba and for a Player of his caliber. its disappointing and kind of a no win situation for him. I think it has degrade him a bit. Notice how Bosh or Wade did not get hit with negative response. Maybe he is just not the player we thought he was i guess. Maybe its because i can't put his name and Mj in the same sentence anymore.

I respect that u admitted it and i feel its the same reason a lot of people dont admit to it but its also a rediculous reason not to like someone.

Also If u (or anyone) was able to put his name in the same sentence as mj before and not now just because he changed teams is also rediculous. Because u and others obviously felt he had a supreme skill level and now just because u dont like him on a certain team doesnt mean hes gotten any worse as a basketball player if u wanna compare who was the most hardworking or who was the most stubborn or mj or lebron thats one thing but usually when u compare two players its on skill level and accomplishments not wether there the sole man on a team or not or if they stayed with the same team.

MJ was very fortunate he got a hall of fame coach to work with and another hall of fame player. Lebron wasnt so fortunate but he did the best with what he could in mike brown and mo williams. Now well be better able to see what hes made of with a real future hall of famer (wade) and a coach trained by a hall of fame coach (spolestra).

But if people say years from now (which i know they will) that lebron couldnt do it w/o wade then its easy to say jordan couldnt do it without pippen because well he didnt.

Everyone needs help, but the way u get it shouldnt matter.

mohye
10-17-2010, 10:43 PM

"Respect greatness" your kidding right...last I checked the big 3 have only 1 championship...correct me if im wrong... thank you..:confused::confused::confused:

mjt20mik
10-17-2010, 11:04 PM
MJ was very fortunate he got a hall of fame coach to work with and another hall of fame player. Lebron wasnt so fortunate but he did the best with what he could in mike brown and mo williams. Now well be better able to see what hes made of with a real future hall of famer (wade) and a coach trained by a hall of fame coach (spolestra).

But if people say years from now (which i know they will) that lebron couldnt do it w/o wade then its easy to say jordan couldnt do it without pippen because well he didnt.

First and foremost comparing Lebron and MJ is just wrong. I know you mentioned if anyone should be compared to him it should be Bron, but I still think there is no way that should happen.

And the whole claim of Hall of Famers to help him is a joke. Jordan made Pippen who he was. He didn't recruit Pippen to his team when he was in his prime. Yet he molded Pippen's raw talent into the machine that he was. Phil didn't even have experience as a head coach when he took the reigns of the Bulls. So it could have really gone both ways with that. It's not like the Bulls knew they were getting an experience Hall of Fame coach.

And to clear up any doubts, I am happy Lebron and Bosh did what they did. They wanted to win, and they put themselves in the best situation. But from the move Lebron made, it is clear that he wasn't as close to the caliber player MJ was.

KNIXX46
10-17-2010, 11:05 PM
depends on which superstar...

bklynny67
10-17-2010, 11:08 PM
When you have the 2 best players in the league and then a top 10-15 player I think it's pretty easy to say they are not gonna be a .500 team. I'll go as far as 70-12. And yes without one of these players, they are still strong contenders, just remember what Lebron has done in the past.

they dont have the 2 best players in the league. only Heat fans think Lebron and Wade are 1 and 2. maybe a couple others...

ldawg
10-17-2010, 11:09 PM
I respect that u admitted it and i feel its the same reason a lot of people dont admit to it but its also a rediculous reason not to like someone.

Also If u (or anyone) was able to put his name in the same sentence as mj before and not now just because he changed teams is also rediculous. Because u and others obviously felt he had a supreme skill level and now just because u dont like him on a certain team doesnt mean hes gotten any worse as a basketball player if u wanna compare who was the most hardworking or who was the most stubborn or mj or lebron thats one thing but usually when u compare two players its on skill level and accomplishments not wether there the sole man on a team or not or if they stayed with the same team.

Mj was the only 30+ player on his team he was the one to take over games and close games. it was his team no question. Jackson was a rookie coach as well. Mj was just that special. You had to witness it. Some teams Mj beat had more talent than his team but he found a way to over come. I don't hate Lebron. His skill did not change he is still a beast but the game is not all physical. Kobe had that monkey on his back when he played with Shaq as well even if he wins 7 rings Mj will still be the man. Mj had solid players not an elite players like wade and Shaq. Mj best team is similar to the present Lakers.

daleja424
10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
just can't put in word how much i don't like Lebron on Heat with Wade. I don't hate him for going its just weird because of who he is. I just don't like it for the nba and for a Player of his caliber. its disappointing and kind of a no win situation for him. I think it has degrade him a bit. Notice how Bosh or Wade did not get hit with negative response. Maybe he is just not the player we thought he was i guess. Maybe its because i can't put his name and Mj in the same sentence anymore. He will be remembered has the guy who latch on to Wade. If they don't dominate he will fall even harder. As of right now they are not the best team but they do have the most talent and potential. Both Lebron and Wade are capable 33ppg players and can get to the basket at will.

This, I respect. It is honest. And I get that. I dont agree, but at least you are expressing your actual thoughts on the subject...

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 11:28 PM
First and foremost comparing Lebron and MJ is just wrong. I know you mentioned if anyone should be compared to him it should be Bron, but I still think there is no way that should happen.And the whole claim of Hall of Famers to help him is a joke. Jordan made Pippen who he was. He didn't recruit Pippen to his team when he was in his prime. Yet he molded Pippen's raw talent into the machine that he was. Phil didn't even have experience as a head coach when he took the reigns of the Bulls. So it could have really gone both ways with that. It's not like the Bulls knew they were getting an experience Hall of Fame coach.

And to clear up any doubts, I am happy Lebron and Bosh did what they did. They wanted to win, and they put themselves in the best situation. But from the move Lebron made, it is clear that he wasn't as close to the caliber player MJ was.

What?? I was responding to someones claim that they (lebron and mj) shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence i am not trying to compare them like u think. I was just stating Some things MJ was fortunate to have that Lebron was not.

And i never said if anyone should be compared to MJ it should be Lebron. What are u reading??

Neways my point was,when being comparing players as far as the being the greatest (wether its mj or wether u think Mike james is the best player of all time) It shouldnt matter if u left ur team or stayed with ur team or joined hall of famers or if they grew with u or if u traded for them. The only things that matter are skills and accomplishments. So u cant discredit (even though i know people will) someone (like lebron in this case) from that conversation because he simply switchted teams and plays with better players.

And while u say it could have gone both ways with phil u may have a case for that if those were the only championships he won. But he didnt he also did them with the lakers proving he was a good coach regardless.

And with pippen like i said he was fortune that he was on his team wether jordan made him great is debateable cause while a player can make his teammates better u cant just make one into a hall of famer. Maybe an allstar (like lebron did with mo or nash did with marion) but not a hall of famer. Your discreditting pippen and giving mj too much credit.... BUt im getting off topic i made my point.

Hoopsadvocate
10-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Mj was the only 30+ player on his team he was the one to take over games and close games. it was his team no question. Jackson was a rookie coach as well. Mj was just that special. You had to witness it. Some teams Mj beat had more talent than his team but he found a way to over come. I don't hate Lebron. His skill did not change he is still a beast but the game is not all physical. Kobe had that monkey on his back when he played with Shaq as well even if he wins 7 rings Mj will still be the man. Mj had solid players not an elite players like wade and Shaq. Mj best team is similar to the present Lakers.

Like i said the only thing that should matter when discussing the greatest wether its undboutably ur team or not shouldnt matter if u were discussing who was the best leader or something sure why not but not in discussing the greatest as far as basketball skill.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-17-2010, 11:35 PM
I dont get why everyone says "Well, he only won cause he played with so and so" Was it like this back in the 80's as well? Did people diminish Magic because he played on a team that was so stacked it was almost unfair? Or did this phenomena just start, after Jordan played?

People, Pippen was a number 5 pick. He was a great basketball player. He was not some tall scrub that worked at a supermarket, that Jordan turned into a great player. He had game before he was traded to Chicago.

Why do we expect our stars to win with nothing but B rated players, and then degrade them when they win with good talent? Its so irrational its funny

Law25
10-17-2010, 11:39 PM
I dont tink they can win with just two of ther stars. If they could then why sign an thrid. If they hadsign two and got an servicable bigthen yes, but as of now no

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh, and I forgot to answer the question, I dont think so. Maybe if they lost Wade. But not Lebron. Lebron seems to be on a mission now. Him and Bosh are a pretty good combo, and I actually think the offense might run smoother if they started Miller to spread the floor. I think Wade and Lebron shrink the court on each other because neither spread the floor.

justinnum1
10-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Oh, and I forgot to answer the question, I dont think so. Maybe if they lost Wade. But not Lebron. Lebron seems to be on a mission now. Him and Bosh are a pretty good combo, and I actually think the offense might run smoother if they started Miller to spread the floor. I think Wade and Lebron shrink the court on each other because neither spread the floor.

You have no idea how good wade plays off the ball.

timz-a-changin
10-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Three is a crowd. James and Wade wont work as well as their being hyped. Bosh is a good pickup. I am going to call it now... The heat will not win the title this season and may not win the east.

I personally feel that James had a better team in Cleveland and should have stayed there and brought in a superstar. Lebron with Chris Paul would be much better than with DWade.

The Heat are better off with one of the 3 injured. In my opinion, they are better with wade coming off the bench and letting james and bosh playing together. James and Wade are just too ball dominant... well see

kArSoN RyDaH
10-17-2010, 11:55 PM
they cant win it with all 3 let alone 2.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-17-2010, 11:55 PM

Why do you think that I wouldn't?

ldawg
10-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Like i said the only thing that should matter when discussing the greatest wether its undboutably ur team or not shouldnt matter if u were discussing who was the best leader or something sure why not but not in discussing the greatest as far as basketball skill.That is why we lower the expectations for Lebron. We realize he will not surpass Mj. He is just another skill player. Any great sg/sf will be measure against Mj. Lebron is just another one that has not measure up. The closest one being Kobe and he is way off.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-18-2010, 12:05 AM
That is why we lower the expectations for Lebron. We realize he will not surpass Mj. He is just another skill player. Any great sg/sf will be measure against Mj. Lebron is just another one that has not measure up. The closest one being Kobe and he is way off.

Why do we have to measure everyone to MJ? As if it somehow diminishes a player if he is not as good as MJ was. Its an unfair comparison. That's like saying "Yeah, that scientist is smart, but he is not as smart as Albert Einstein"

When are we ever just going to let a great player be a great player without trying to downgrade his accomplishments because someone else might have done it better?

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-18-2010, 12:10 AM

I do know that Wade shot 39% on his jump shots last year. Which needless to say is not very good. I do know his career 3 point shooting percentage is 29%. Which is not very good. I do know that the NBA allows zone defenses, that allow defensive players to sag off players that do not garner respect for their outside shot, giving extra attention to a predominantly drive to the basket player.

Why do you think the Cavs obtained so many three point shooters? To spread the floor for a player that likes to drive and kick. Its not science

Baller1
10-18-2010, 12:12 AM
"Respect greatness" your kidding right...last I checked the big 3 have only 1 championship...correct me if im wrong... thank you..:confused::confused::confused:

How many people are going to make this pathetic claim?

If LeBron is not great, then I don't know what the **** is.

Baller1
10-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I dont get why everyone says "Well, he only won cause he played with so and so" Was it like this back in the 80's as well? Did people diminish Magic because he played on a team that was so stacked it was almost unfair? Or did this phenomena just start, after Jordan played?

People, Pippen was a number 5 pick. He was a great basketball player. He was not some tall scrub that worked at a supermarket, that Jordan turned into a great player. He had game before he was traded to Chicago.

Why do we expect our stars to win with nothing but B rated players, and then degrade them when they win with good talent? Its so irrational its funny

Thank you. It's refreshing to hear this.

No one in league history has ever single handedly won a championship in the NBA. And ironically enough, the guy who everyone is bashing was the closest one.

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Three is a crowd. James and Wade wont work as well as their being hyped. Bosh is a good pickup. I am going to call it now... The heat will not win the title this season and may not win the east.

I personally feel that James had a better team in Cleveland and should have stayed there and brought in a superstar. Lebron with Chris Paul would be much better than with DWade.

The Heat are better off with one of the 3 injured. In my opinion, they are better with wade coming off the bench and letting james and bosh playing together. James and Wade are just too ball dominant... well see

what? wow! probably the worst post by far I have seen on PSD. This post has so many delusional thoughts.

Baller1
10-18-2010, 12:25 AM

LeBron and Wade are two of the most unselfish, best passing stars in the league. What are you talking about?

ldawg
10-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Thank you. It's refreshing to hear this.

No one in league history has ever single handedly won a championship in the NBA. And ironically enough, the guy who everyone is bashing was the closest one.WHO WADE? pippen was not a 30+ ppg player he was good but not great. Both Wade and Lebron are 30+ players not to mention Bosh 24ppg. when kobe played with shaq they both were 30ppg players. If mj was not up to par Pippen did not step in and cruz to 30pts like wade and Lebron can being the focal point. La best team with Shaq and Kobe was not the one with Payton and Malone so while talent helps its not always best. Minus Lebron or Wade Heat is still a top 5 team. Hell Cavs were #1 the last two years.

Hoopsadvocate
10-18-2010, 12:31 AM
pippen was not a 30+ ppg player he was good but not great. Both Wade and Lebron are 30+ players not to mention Bosh 24ppg. when kobe played with shaq they both were 30ppg players. If mj was not up to par Pippen did not step in and cruz to 30pts like wade and Lebron can being the focal point.

You cant use that as an argument becuase he played with jordan throughout those years. If wade and james were both in the heat for most of their career to their prime they wouldnt be 30+ ppg players either its irrelevant,

Baller1
10-18-2010, 12:39 AM
pippen was not a 30+ ppg player he was good but not great. Both Wade and Lebron are 30+ players not to mention Bosh 24ppg. when kobe played with shaq they both were 30ppg players. If mj was not up to par Pippen did not step in and cruz to 30pts like wade and Lebron can being the focal point.

Scottie Pippen is a top 50 player of all time. So are you implying that Wade is a top 50 player of all time and better than Pippen?

ldawg
10-18-2010, 01:03 AM
You cant use that as an argument becuase he played with jordan throughout those years. If wade and james were both in the heat for most of their career to their prime they wouldnt be 30+ ppg players either its irrelevant,Mj went to play baseball after his dads death pippen did not turn into 30ppg player.

ldawg
10-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Scottie Pippen is a top 50 player of all time. So are you implying that Wade is a top 50 player of all time and better than Pippen?The dude won 6 rings with the best player ever to play the game. He was part of something special being the second option why would he not be a top 50. But if you watch the games Mj was the obvious captain of the ship. mj was always lead man not sometimes always. Kobe Shaq era shaq 29ppg Kobe27ppg thats close not mj 30ppg and pippen 20ppg. Wade has already lead his team to a ship and Lebron came close once. If jordon was not special why Carter and Tmac could not imitate? view some Bulls old games and look at their 4th quarter defense and mj game closing abilities. and you will find the answer why they won 6 rings and could have won more had mj not walk away and the breakup of the team. they beat some very talented teams as well. its how and with who that made it so classical. Mj was always not sometimes the focal point. you did not have to guess who team it was. the spot light was on MJ. Lebron is the nba top sf Wade is the 2nd best sg Bosh is top 5 pf. come on.

Baller1
10-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Mj went to play baseball after his dads death pippen did not turn into 30ppg player.

Basketball is about a lot more than scoring.

Chronz
10-18-2010, 01:30 AM
You cant use that as an argument becuase he played with jordan throughout those years. If wade and james were both in the heat for most of their career to their prime they wouldnt be 30+ ppg players either its irrelevant,
So whats his excuse the year MJ left? Whats his excuse for not being as efficient as those guys despite not being the main threat?

Pippen was not a great offensive player by any stretch, good but far from great

Chronz
10-18-2010, 01:42 AM
The dude was in his 30s and out his prime so what.
No he was in prime when he bolted to PHX (they won a shitload of games the year before), and he did it again when he couldnt do anything Bron hadnt already. Besides Bron doesnt know how much time he has left as a historical player, its amazing that he got to this level so young but hes been in the league a long time. Why would he want to make the same mistake KG made and win so little?

Lebron team lead the nba for two straight years and won mvp and likely the most gifted player the nba has seen. he is not the ordinary 6'8" guy he have the tools to surpass jordan. But when he join Wade just entering his prime it took strips of his back.
He will get them back just as soon watch, heck its already happening and its barely preseason.

He is no longer viewed like that.
Yea but not for any legitimate reason

Even if they win 4 rings Lebron will have the monkey on his back.
Not if he wins them in dominant fashion

MJ knows this and have bragging rights. He will remain the goat after Lebron. The League know this that is why they turn the attention to Durrant. The nba will always be looking for someone to surpass the great players like MJ that set the pace so high no one has reached. After lakers and Boston fall who will they compete against? If you just started watching ball it might be the best thing you have every seen but if you were around in MJ, Bird, Magic, Paton, Malone, Kemp, Dominique, Ewing, Charles, etc. days it wont. You had many top rate teams not like today top guys did not play together on one team to insure rings. unless the hope of wining one on you own was closed due to aged legs example Boston. That is why they did not take heat like Lebron did. What he did was not personal but its kind of like unsportful. We have a game like that its called all-stars.
I dont believe a word you said but I appreciate the story

. Two primed all-stars on one team is fear game three top tem players on one is just not sportful.
Every title MJ won was because he had overwhelming talent, no other team even came close, well there were a couple where it wasnt overwhelming but he always had superior support. Kobe has won the past 2 titles with the best frontcourt any star guard has ever dreamed of having, the Celtics won the same way. Its the gradual evolution of competition, because the Lakers are so talented, this is the only way Bron could have topped them aka been in a position to be favored ala MJ.

Heat will win ring being over talented but will they be respected among peers or pass greats? however the casual fan will call them great but are they?
Bitter players will hate, and casual fans are actually the ones that hate them the most IMO.

Baller1
10-18-2010, 01:50 AM
No he was in prime when he bolted to PHX (they won a shitload of games the year before), and he did it again when he couldnt do anything Bron hadnt already. Besides Bron doesnt know how much time he has left as a historical player, its amazing that he got to this level so young but hes been in the league a long time. Why would he want to make the same mistake KG made and win so little?

He will get them back just as soon watch, heck its already happening and its barely preseason.

Yea but not for any legitimate reason

Not if he wins them in dominant fashion

I dont believe a word you said but I appreciate the story

Every title MJ won was because he had overwhelming talent, no other team even came close, well there were a couple where it wasnt overwhelming but he always had superior support. Kobe has won the past 2 titles with the best frontcourt any star guard has ever dreamed of having, the Celtics won the same way. Its the gradual evolution of competition, because the Lakers are so talented, this is the only way Bron could have topped them aka been in a position to be favored ala MJ.

Bitter players will hate, and casual fans are actually the ones that hate them the most IMO.

Exactly.

ldawg
10-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Basketball is about a lot more than scoring.you are right look at my other post. I think the heat is a better team without Lebron or Wade. However i do think they have the most talent and potential. But that depends on how Wade and Lebron play together. I also point out La best team was not the one when Payton and Karl join them. So you can have too much talent. Its more to it than that, having a role and staying within that role is hard. Thing is Bosh, Lebron and Wade can broke plays the are great one on one players and can take their man. I am not sure about how their chemistry might unfold over time. Lebron seem like he will be the one with the ball in his hand but D wade is the better closer so its a wait and see thing. Its a nice problem to have.

Evolution23
10-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Agree with the article. They can probably win without wade but def not without Lebron and BOsh. Bosh is the most important piece because you always need a big man to win and Lebron is Lebron so you cant replace him. Wade is good but if I had to lose one he would be the one.

ldawg
10-18-2010, 02:19 AM
Agree with the article. They can probably win without wade but def not without Lebron and BOsh. Bosh is the most important piece because you always need a big man to win and Lebron is Lebron so you cant replace him. Wade is good but if I had to lose one he would be the one.for 82 games i would go with lebron but with the game on the line give me Wade.

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Agree with the article. They can probably win without wade but def not without Lebron and BOsh. Bosh is the most important piece because you always need a big man to win and Lebron is Lebron so you cant replace him. Wade is good but if I had to lose one he would be the one.

And yet Wade won in 2006 with the most dominant fashion in nba history. People are ignorant who say they can win without Wade but not without LeBron when Wade has proven himself in EVERY single major stage of the game of basketball that NO ONE in current basketball has done with a SIMILAR fashion. I won't even mention the 2008 olympics. I would like hear why people think Wade can't win with this team but LeBron can. Don't tell me LeBron is on a mission and BS like that. I want a legit argument.

Niro
10-18-2010, 04:07 AM
And yet Wade won in 2006 with the most dominant fashion in nba history. People are ignorant who say they can win without Wade but not without LeBron when Wade has proven himself in EVERY single major stage of the game of basketball that NO ONE in current basketball has done with a SIMILAR fashion. I won't even mention the 2008 olympics. I would like hear why people think Wade can't win with this team but LeBron can. Don't tell me LeBron is on a mission and BS like that. I want a legit argument.

because lebron is the all around better player (passer, rebounds etc)

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 04:56 AM
because lebron is the all around better player (passer, rebounds etc)

How does that negate Wade's greater ability and will to win in the bigger stages? Remember I am not talking about regular season only. Wade is more clutch and proved it all the way. So to say LeBron can win with Bosh and Wade can't with the same big man is not acceptable. IMO LeBron is the better allround player but they are both capable of doing it with Bosh and quality role players.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2010, 09:48 AM
just can't put in word how much i don't like Lebron on Heat with Wade. I don't hate him for going its just weird because of who he is. I just don't like it for the nba and for a Player of his caliber. its disappointing and kind of a no win situation for him. I think it has degrade him a bit. Notice how Bosh or Wade did not get hit with negative response. Maybe he is just not the player we thought he was i guess. Maybe its because i can't put his name and Mj in the same sentence anymore. He will be remembered has the guy who latch on to Wade. If they don't dominate he will fall even harder. As of right now they are not the best team but they do have the most talent and potential. Both Lebron and Wade are capable 33ppg players and can get to the basket at will.

but how you choose to remember is not an absolute. LeBron is a dominant player, who many think is the best player in the world currently. It may irk you, or many others that he choose the best scenario to win championships, and you may call it latching on, or whatever else you like. But the fact is, LeBron made a choice, and that was he wanted to go where he had the best chance to win. All time rankings and stats obviously don't mean that much to him, which should be apparent due to his decision. Many fans will end up respecting this in the long run.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2010, 09:49 AM
they dont have the 2 best players in the league. only Heat fans think Lebron and Wade are 1 and 2. maybe a couple others...

you can't be serious. There are a lot of people who think that LeBron and Wade were the two best individual players last season.

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 10:18 AM
you can't be serious. There are a lot of people who think that LeBron and Wade were the two best individual players last season.

yessir! some people act like it's a wonder that LeBron and Wade are the 2 best players in the league.

Kobe2324
10-18-2010, 01:53 PM
I dont think they can win with all 3 so the answer is no, maybe in a few years when the cletics and lakers got into rebuilding stages.

mrblisterdundee
10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Chris Bosh is by far the trio's weak link. LeBron James and Dwayne Wade could win a title without him.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Chris Bosh is by far the trio's weak link. LeBron James and Dwayne Wade could win a title without him.

now way. He is the worst of the three individually, but LeBron/Bosh would be devastating if you give them rebounders and defenders.

0nekhmer
10-18-2010, 06:56 PM
is it me or is heat talk just annoying now? i dont know.. maybe it's the fact that they have 3 of the top 10 in the league on one team that just doesn't seem fair and not fun

Baller1
10-18-2010, 08:00 PM
I dont think they can win with all 3 so the answer is no, maybe in a few years when the cletics and lakers got into rebuilding stages.

:laugh2:

sargon21
10-18-2010, 08:08 PM
:laugh2:

First of all, why do you act like you're better than everyone?

And second of all, it's not crazy what he said. You're just handing the championship to the heat while their are two extremely strong proven teams in the Lakers and Celtics.

Lakersfan2483
10-18-2010, 08:34 PM
No, they would not win without their full compliment of players. They aren't beating Boston or LA without all 3 guys being healthy.....

h2r09
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
No, they would not win without their full compliment of players. They aren't beating Boston or LA without all 3 guys being healthy.....

i seriously think that is the dumbest statement i have seen. this team minus d wade or lebron would still be the best team either of those guys have ever had. a team of d wade or lebron, bosh, haslem, and the ridiculous amount of great shooters they have is easily a contender. d wade took the celtics to 5 games and each game was close by himself, literally carying his team on his back. the celtics needed a buzzer beater, a game where they took the lead in the final minutes for 2 of those games. to say the heat couldnt win it all with 2 of those 3 is ignorant and you are in for a serious reality check.

bbblack40
10-18-2010, 09:46 PM
ummmm.....

bbblack40
10-18-2010, 09:47 PM
didnt Wade already win a championship without bosh or lebron? so with one of them i cant see why he couldnt do it again. people think wade needed them to get a ring, but in reality he already has a ring and the heat need wade to get another ring.

ldawg
10-18-2010, 09:55 PM
i seriously think that is the dumbest statement i have seen. this team minus d wade or lebron would still be the best team either of those guys have ever had. a team of d wade or lebron, bosh, haslem, and the ridiculous amount of great shooters they have is easily a contender. d wade took the celtics to 5 games and each game was close by himself, literally carying his team on his back. the celtics needed a buzzer beater, a game where they took the lead in the final minutes for 2 of those games. to say the heat couldnt win it all with 2 of those 3 is ignorant and you are in for a serious reality check. This is why i don't like Lebron on the heat with Wade. Without Wade or Lebron this team is still top 5 Lebron was not needed Beasley had it covered. Lebron needs his own team instead he is trying to take Wades own with the media all up in the grills. Lebron with Amare and Wade with Bosh would have been fun with more competition.

h2r09
10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
This is why i don't like Lebron on the heat with Wade without Wade or Lebron this team is still top 5 Lebron was not needed Beasley had it covered. Lebron needs his own team instead he is trying to take Wades own with the media all up in the grills.

hahahahahaaaa. i dont think it is possible to have a dumber comment. did you really just say the heat were better with beasley rather than lebron? do me a favor and never watch sports again.

JJ_JKidd
10-19-2010, 10:59 PM
They havent won anything YET come on! :facepalm:

Dnovakovic099
10-19-2010, 11:53 PM
i seriously think that is the dumbest statement i have seen. this team minus d wade or lebron would still be the best team either of those guys have ever had. a team of d wade or lebron, bosh, haslem, and the ridiculous amount of great shooters they have is easily a contender. d wade took the celtics to 5 games and each game was close by himself, literally carying his team on his back. the celtics needed a buzzer beater, a game where they took the lead in the final minutes for 2 of those games. to say the heat couldnt win it all with 2 of those 3 is ignorant and you are in for a serious reality check.

:facepalm: Face it you are a homer. While, I do agree with you that the Heat have a CHANCE, by no means at all do I think they would be the favriotes. Hell, if it is Wade and Bosh only then I put them third and maybe even fourth in the East. (Depending on how Rose develops and if Boozer stays healthy). I know that is a bit homer of me, but if Rose can breakthrough like 27 ppg, i know unrealistic it's an IF, I think they would be better than the Heat without LeBron because they have Noah and Deng, and Bosh isn't way better than Boozer. But back to the topic you are an idiot if you think that is the dumbest comment you have ever seen. A complete DUMBASS. If Lakers are playing LeBron-less Heat then I give the Lakers an 95 percent chance of winning the series. If all three play I believe that it is 55 to 45 for Lakers and only because they have played together longer. Also, behind all this hype of the Heat everyone forgets about the Celts. Does anyone reliaze what Shaq has done the last three years against Bosh? He has made him look like a little kid. Then you have Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG. Also, they have a better bench than the Heat. I would call it a coinflip between Heat and Celts.

So to summarize:

IMO: Heat with all three stars
vs. Celts: coin flip
vs. Lakers: 55 to 45 for Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: 20 percent
(This is completely a far fetched guess though, it's freaking LeBron and Wade!!!!! As much as I hate LeBron and the Heat I can't wait to watch them play. I can't wait to watch the Celtics come in angry and full of attitude. It will go to seven games if they face each other in the playoffs).

Heat with Wade and Bosh:
vs. Celts: 85 to 15 Celtics
vs. Lakers: 95 to 5 Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: 2 percent

Heat with LeBron and Bosh:
vs. Celts: 75 to 25 Celtics
vs. Lakers: 85 to 15 Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: 10 percent

Heat with Wade and LeBron:
vs. Celts: 65 to 35 Celtics
vs. Lakers: 70 to 30 Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: ? percent

So it is possible, but highly unlikely IMO. Heat with two stars = Bulls. Not saying Wade and Bosh are equal to Rose and Boozer. I just believe that Deng is underrated and Noah is better than any player the Heat have outside the big 3. Don't reply to my comment to blast my Bulls comment because I know it is biased. LOL. I am sorry I can't help but subconsciously think that my team is better than they actually are.

Baller1
10-20-2010, 12:35 AM
:facepalm: Face it you are a homer. While, I do agree with you that the Heat have a CHANCE, by no means at all do I think they would be the favriotes. Hell, if it is Wade and Bosh only then I put them third and maybe even fourth in the East. (Depending on how Rose develops and if Boozer stays healthy). I know that is a bit homer of me, but if Rose can breakthrough like 27 ppg, i know unrealistic it's an IF, I think they would be better than the Heat without LeBron because they have Noah and Deng, and Bosh isn't way better than Boozer. But back to the topic you are an idiot if you think that is the dumbest comment you have ever seen. A complete DUMBASS. If Lakers are playing LeBron-less Heat then I give the Lakers an 95 percent chance of winning the series. If all three play I believe that it is 55 to 45 for Lakers and only because they have played together longer. Also, behind all this hype of the Heat everyone forgets about the Celts. Does anyone reliaze what Shaq has done the last three years against Bosh? He has made him look like a little kid. Then you have Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG. Also, they have a better bench than the Heat. I would call it a coinflip between Heat and Celts.

So to summarize:

IMO: Heat with all three stars
vs. Celts: coin flip
vs. Lakers: 55 to 45 for Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: 20 percent
(This is completely a far fetched guess though, it's freaking LeBron and Wade!!!!! As much as I hate LeBron and the Heat I can't wait to watch them play. I can't wait to watch the Celtics come in angry and full of attitude. It will go to seven games if they face each other in the playoffs).

Heat with Wade and Bosh:
vs. Celts: 85 to 15 Celtics
vs. Lakers: 95 to 5 Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: 2 percent

Heat with LeBron and Bosh:
vs. Celts: 75 to 25 Celtics
vs. Lakers: 85 to 15 Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: 10 percent

Heat with Wade and LeBron:
vs. Celts: 65 to 35 Celtics
vs. Lakers: 70 to 30 Lakers
chance of winning NBA championship: ? percent

So it is possible, but highly unlikely IMO. Heat with two stars = Bulls. Not saying Wade and Bosh are equal to Rose and Boozer. I just believe that Deng is underrated and Noah is better than any player the Heat have outside the big 3. Don't reply to my comment to blast my Bulls comment because I know it is biased. LOL. I am sorry I can't help but subconsciously think that my team is better than they actually are.

No.

40% chance, at the least.

lorenz00
10-20-2010, 04:05 PM
man this is bull ****! holy ******* ... they havent even played a game and you guys projected em this good? winning with 2 stars? wowww.. we know how good individual players they are, but basketball is a team game! even if all them 3 not getting injured they arent still winning this year.. it takes time to gel. my point is there not winning this year holy F!