PDA

View Full Version : Prime Kobe Vs. Prime Shaq

OGMarkWahlberg
10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Who would you rather have as the foundation of your franchise to build around towards an NBA Championship?

OGMarkWahlberg
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
for me, I think Shaq is arguably one of the most dominant players of all time. The dude was almost unstoppable ever since his 1st day in the league. I understand he needs 1 of the best players in the league to win a championship (Kobe Wade), BUT Kobe also needs 1 of the best big men in the league to win (Shaq Gasol) I choose Shaq id love to see what yall think..

Gators123
10-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Prime Shaq

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Shaq over everyone if he had a good work ethic. But Shaq over Kobe with his current work ethic. He was a beast

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Prime Shaq easily. Big men who dominate like that are way too much to pass on

Hangtime
10-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Shaq. Dominant men of his caliber are a rare breed. You don't pass on that opportunity. You could practically put any versatile scorer in the backcourt with him ( Mcgrady, Iverson, Wade, Bryant, James,) and instant championship contender.

dhopisthename
10-14-2010, 02:09 PM
big men are so much harder to get you have to vote for shaq.

Jacks3
10-14-2010, 02:16 PM
I'd take Shaq, but it's reasonably close. Give Kobe any decent All-Star big, even a borderline one, and you'll be an instant contender--Pau, Bosh,Lopez, Howard,Dirk, Randolph, Duncan,Amare, Yao etc.

justinnum1
10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Shaq not close

D-Block21-Chito
10-14-2010, 03:17 PM
WOW I'm shocked... Kobe is the like a mini Jordan! Kobe for sure

CHANGO
10-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Shaq, and not close!

DaBUU
10-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Prime Shaq was a monster

JordansBulls
10-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I might take Kobe here simply because knowing Shaq he will leave the first site of something not going his way. He was drafted by a team and within 4 years he was gone. Don't want a guy like that as my franchise player.

rickshaw
10-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I might take Kobe here simply because knowing Shaq he will leave the first site of something not going his way. He was drafted by a team and within 4 years he was gone. Don't want a guy like that as my franchise player.

yeah, kobe would never ask for a trade if the team wasn't winning.

i.got.the.nutz
10-14-2010, 07:35 PM

This. That said, I would take Duncan over Shaq even though Shaq was more dominant in his prime.

hugepatsfan
10-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Shaq is the answer here. It's not even debatable IMO. Bigs like Shaq are impossible to find. There are a lot more wings that are closer to a prime Kobe than there are bigs closer to a prime Shaq.

MacFitz92
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
In my honest opinion Kobe is as good as a guard as Shaq was a big man, but with that being said... It's a lot easier to build around a dominant big man than a talented wing.

Shaq, easy.

DCB/LAL
10-14-2010, 11:08 PM
If Kobe would of had a solid #2 option when Shaq left or even if he wasn't with Shaq a Prime Kobe would of won championships.

Shaq had another #1 option next to him in Kobe and thats what it took for him to win.....Kobe never had a #2 option till Gasol and look what he's done since.... HE"S MADE EVERY FINALS SINCE THEN!!!

Fact is Shaq took from and diminished some of Kobe's greatness.

Just saying...

Khalifa21
10-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Shaq by an absolute mile.

When Shaq was in his prime he competed for a title every year. When Kobe was in his prime, he spent a few years getting bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

I'd rather have the most dominant player of all-time to anchor my team every night than Kobe. In his prime Shaq was a legit 40/20 threat every night... Is there anyone else you can say that about in the modern era?

Jaji
10-15-2010, 11:02 AM

But what if that player signed with the Bulls instead of the Heat? :laugh2:

Jaji
10-15-2010, 11:03 AM
I think most GMs would take Shaq simply because of his size.

sp1derm00
10-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Without Prime Kobe, Prime Shaq's prime wouldn't have been as good.

You can't deny that Kobe and Shaq had incredible on-court chemistry.

Jaji
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Without Prime Kobe, Prime Shaq's prime wouldn't have been as good.

You can't deny that Kobe and Shaq had incredible on-court chemistry.

What are you talking about? Shaq was the best center and most dominant player in the game before his time with Kobe, during his time with Kobe, and even a little while after his time with Kobe.

todu82
10-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Prime Shaq

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Is this a joke? Like seriously? I would pick a prime SHAQ over a prime Kobe thousand times out of thousand times. You have to be kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Pretty sure people didn't see Shaq in his prime who are picking Kobe here. Or they just want to pick their god Kobe at any circumstances. Shaq was an absolute beast in his prime year. There is a reason why he is called the "Most Dominant Ever (MDE)."

camador22
10-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I might take a prime Shaq over MJ and with that I say a lot. Certainly MJ is the goat but when we're talking about primes Shaq IMO is the most dominant player ever. Double and triple teams didn't even work from 2000-2003. If he could've hit his free throws the man would've average over 40PPG with a FG% of 60+

NYKalltheway
10-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Shaq of course

JordansBulls
10-18-2010, 12:54 PM
But what if that player signed with the Bulls instead of the Heat? :laugh2:

Or what if that poster became a NBA fan only when that player signed with them?
:D

ShakeN'Bake
10-19-2010, 09:15 AM
I would take Shaq

Jaji
10-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Or what if that poster became a NBA fan only when that player signed with them?
:D

You're right guy. I never watched an NBA game before LeBron James signed with the Heat :rolleyes:.

FYI I'm not a Heat fan. I root for LeBron because he's from Akron, a place I spent many summers as a kid. Your disdain for him simply because he didn't sign with your team is hilarious :laugh2:. You should stop embarrassing yourself. 1) You're a hypocrite and 2) You make yourself look pathetic.

Now let me guess... Deleted post? Infraction? Banned? That's your only ammo. :laugh:

The Miami Cheat
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
prime shaq...he was a beast back in his prime

DCB/LAL
10-19-2010, 06:29 PM
You're right guy. I never watched an NBA game before LeBron James signed with the Heat :rolleyes:.

FYI I'm not a Heat fan. I root for LeBron because he's from Akron, a place I spent many summers as a kid. Your disdain for him simply because he didn't sign with your team is hilarious :laugh2:. You should stop embarrassing yourself. 1) You're a hypocrite and 2) You make yourself look pathetic.

Now let me guess... Deleted post? Infraction? Banned? That's your only ammo. :laugh:

This thread had nothing to do with Lebron...way to BAIT JordansBulls into replying to you with your stupid comment.

StrandedCub
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Shaq by an absolute mile.

When Shaq was in his prime he competed for a title every year. When Kobe was in his prime, he spent a few years getting bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

I'd rather have the most dominant player of all-time to anchor my team every night than Kobe. In his prime Shaq was a legit 40/20 threat every night... Is there anyone else you can say that about in the modern era?

I'm not disagreeing, but didn't Shaq have a great wing at his side very time he made it to the finals? Penny Hardaway, Kobe Bryant, and Dwayne Wade.

I mean, Shaq has been very fortunate to be on teams with future HOFers such as Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Nash, and now with a team that could be full HOFers in the future in KG, Allen, and Pierce.

valade16
10-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Anyone who says shaq was lucky to play with anfernee, kobe or wade never watched shaq. They were lucky to play with him.

Of all the players ive ever watched play basketball (started in 1992), id take

Mj
Shaq
Hakeem
Duncan
Kobe

Hangtime
10-21-2010, 04:33 PM
As I have said many times, it works in favor of both sides. Every natural scorer would love to play with a big presence in the paint who can draw those double teams and every big man would love to play with a natural scorer/playmaker on the perimeter. Shaq had that privilage his entire career. The only time in his career Shaq didn't have that was his rookie year before Penny.

valade16
10-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Penny, wade and kobe with shaq - 6 finals, 4 titles.

W/o shaq - 3 finals 2 titles...

I'd say shaq did more for them than they did for him...

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-22-2010, 03:29 PM

Shaq without Penny, Kobe, Wade - 0 finals, 0 titles. I say they did a lot for him too

JordansBulls
10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
2004 Kobe and 2006 Wade were the guys who led the teams to the finals with Shaq on them. They were better than Shaq those years.

Hangtime
10-22-2010, 04:11 PM

And your point is? Shaq has all ways been half of that one/two punch that had defenses trying to figure out which guy to contain. We have all witnessed Penny, Kobe, and Wade single handedly put a team on their backs and lead their respective teams with little to no help as the primary guy once Shaq left. Of course their teams would struggle w/o Shaq. Is that a big surprise? There was an advantage for both sides. Its why Shaq desperately wanted to play with Wade when he left LA. He saw great potential in a versatile player like Wade and what they could do for each other having played with guys like Penny and Kobe.

Combo players of that caliber have ALWAYS been a recipe for instant success in this league.

Jaji
10-23-2010, 01:18 AM
This thread had nothing to do with Lebron...way to BAIT JordansBulls into replying to you with your stupid comment.

I'm not the one who brought up LeBron, genius. Here's some advice: Get off my sack!