PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas

SST137
10-14-2010, 03:40 AM
Ok some of you may call me crazy but I watched the entire Knick game tonight and I really canít stop thinking about one thing that we need. We donít have a true guard that can consistently stroke the ball and truly score. The only major threat we can consistently go to at the end of games is Amare and his percent from the field 9/13 shows that. Iíve been watching ESPN throughout the night and every rumor has arenas getting kicked out of DC saying that hes played his last game there. We all know that nobody is going to trade for this guy hes been a mess with his gun charges and injuries but would it be that crazy if we gave up Eddy Curryís expiring contract for his and even a few other bench playerís to bring in a once NBA all-star whoís still in his prime I think hes maybe 28 with fresh legs. Weíre all hopeful that weíll manage to bring another superstar besides Amare next year and we would still have the money to do it even if we brought on Arenasí contract and maybe that can change him. We all know what he can do on the court he even proved it in the very few games he played last season look at his stats. Iím not sure how many years are left on his contract either and if itís not a long term deal how could it hurt us? Were not going to be a major factor in the East without him. We can and probably will contend for one of the last 2 playoff spots. Let me know what you guys think. A different sort of big 3 maybe?

JayW_1023
10-14-2010, 04:25 AM
I feel sorry for the guy...I genuinely feel he is depressed and can't think rational. If no one helps him this won't end well. I hope he keeps it together and has a productive season. But this latest incident doesn't bode well.

As for the Knicks, it's too huge a gamble given his instability...they can potentially shoot themselves in the foot again just when they cleared their cap room. They only way I can see it happening is if the Wizards buy Arenas out.

Wade>You
10-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Trading for Arenas will just undo all the work Donny Walsh had to do to to give them a future to look forward to.

OA SLAY
10-14-2010, 05:00 AM
only if hes bought out

kingkenny01
10-14-2010, 06:57 AM
let him play a season and see where his skills are

bholly
10-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Love the tick-box poll with two options. I'm tempted to vote for both.

edit: but really the answer is no. No team should want Arenas (given his contract).

Crackadalic
10-14-2010, 07:50 AM
I do not want marbury 2.0 dude lied to fake a injury to let someone get minutes thats stupid instead of doing that he should encourage the dude to outwork him to get his mins no more poison no more distractions

TheGoodGerman
10-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Arenas can be a ****ing awesome player. But, he means trouble, too. Stupid things like that faked injury (wtf !?) and that "guns in the locker-room"-thing would really scare me, as a GM. Not to mention, he has real injury problems and missed out lots of games in the past. So ... the KNICKS have Felton at PG and, I don't think they would pay that huge for a risk-guy like Agent Zero. The KNICKS are still in the MELO-talks, which makes more sense for me, than Arenas. I would not be high on Gilbert.

smith&wesson
10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Dear Knick fans,

Your franchise seems to have finally turned things around. Things are looking up and the future looks bright. you have a huge expiring contract in eddy curry and you want to mess that up by attaining the worst contract in the NBA ??

enjoy felton, enjoy amare, randolph, gallo. these are good players. Hard workers.

why in the world would you want starbury 2.0 ?? gilbart frikken arenas ??

insane ill tell you, insane.

heres a piece of advice. if you want a pure scorer and shooting gaurd go back and lure jamal crawford away from atlanta. he is much cheaper, less drama, and an all around good team mate.

arenas is an idiot. beleive it. tell a friend.

let me ask you guys somthing. whens the last time you saw arenas play a full season ? whens the last time he was awesome ? whens the last time he did anything but run his mouth. ?

im a raptor fan, im from the Tdot. but ive always liked the knicks and have wanted them to do well now that they are heading in the right direction i dont want to see another cancer come and ruin things for what seems to be a team heading in good direction.

Denver-boy
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
eddie curry for Gilbert Arenas

Niro
10-14-2010, 11:03 AM
knicks have nothing to loose + arenas would be an upgrade at pg so why not

Chronz
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Past his prime and a toxic contract, sure why not

Rivera
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
lol if the knicks trade for gilbert the knicks will b right where they started

overrated overpaid stars - amare n gil

i like amare but i hate the idea of teaming him with Gil

OGMarkWahlberg
10-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Trading for Arenas will just undo all the work Donny Walsh had to do to to give them a future to look forward to.

my thoughts exactly dudes contract is ridiculous for a couple years

nycericanguy
10-14-2010, 12:09 PM
knicks have nothing to loose + arenas would be an upgrade at pg so why not

the word is "lose" and yes they do, Arenas would kill their cap space and chances at Melo and or CP3/Deron

RiLoc
10-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Just looking and the roster and not the dollars, I would say "why not?" However, they have a total salary of something like 56 million (58 is the cap). I could be a little off, but I think something like 26 to 30 is going to be to eligible expire at the end of the year. Some of that is tradable, Felton's 7 million is tradable in December and all of that puts them in a good position to make a below average team a lot better if they play things smart between now and the beginning of the 2011/12 season.

I personally think Gilbert Arenas would waste that opportunity because his contract looks something like 2010/11 $17.7milllion, 2011/12 $19.3, 2012/13 $20.8, 2013/14 $22.3. Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker are all possibilities and better options.

XRAE12
10-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Well he may definitely help us NOW, but its soooooo not worth it! Knicks need to stay patient and build something special within these next few years. He's a ******!!!! Plus his beard had bed bugs! :mad: We don't need that distraction in our locker room! lol :speechless:

Sly Guy
10-14-2010, 02:15 PM
the word is "lose" and yes they do, Arenas would kill their cap space and chances at Melo and or CP3/Deron

that's exactly why I voted yes.

Wiz kids
10-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Past his prime and a toxic contract, sure why not

27 years old is past your prime? News to me.

SST137
10-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I didn't realize Arenas still had 4 years 80 mill left on his contract. The one plus side of that is that the wizards are now more likely to buy out that huge contract. I doubt they'll do what the Knicks did with Curry and let him sit for 3 years. we know that the Wiz don't want him on the court anymore so if his contract is bought out would you want to see the Knicks take a chance and sign him for a year and see what he can do? I don't think that contract would be that big. If not I still think the Knicks need a true SG. I know that were trying to trade for Rudy Fernandez but that's not going to help. He's no better than another good bench player and we already have azibuke, mason jr, and even bill walker. He fits into those players for me and wouldn't help our team at all. What would be some true starting SG that the Knicks could potentially trade for this year who's contracts aren't huge?

SST137
10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Rudy Fernandez wouldn't do anything for us at the 2. What do you think about trading for some of these players? Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, Ben Gordon, Kevin Martin or James Harden. All true 2's who can shoot the ball well and consistently give us 16 a game. They would fit really nice with Amare and none of these players have huge contracts and if somehow Donnie can figure out a way to get Eddie Curry in the deal we would still have the cap space to have amare, one of these guys and Carmelo next year. I have faith in Felton but look what Boston's big three was from the beginning. They had a 2,3 and 4. That's what we would have.

XRAE12
10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Out of that class you listed, I like Eric Gordon! He's got a High BBall IQ, good 3-pointer, crafty game, age and athleticism, and decent D. Maybe a bit undersized, but I'd go with him!

Or JR Smith. But he tends to be streaky shooter and a ball hog! But he's official..

KnicksorBust
10-14-2010, 06:21 PM

This is EXACTLY what I would have posted. Well I would have spelled Donnie right... but other than that... EXACTLY what I would have posted. :)

godolphins
10-14-2010, 07:43 PM
eddie curry for Gilbert Arenas

That's no a bad trade :laugh2: