PDA

View Full Version : China vs. Brazil Friendly Match Goes From Basketball to Basketbrawl

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Click on link to watch video and i dont see it posted, if it has, then sorry......

Nothing is quite as exciting as a good basketball fight. Just ask Kermit Washington and Rudy Tomjanovich.

China and Brazil squared off in a friendly exhibition match that ended up being not so friendly. Things got heated after the referee called a foul on one of the Chinese players. Tensions rose as play got rougher until an all-out brawl erupted on court.

Lots of punches and kicks get thrown, some connecting, some not. It looks a lot worse than it really was—judging from the video, no one was seriously injured, a la Tomjanovich. Still, if some of those haymakers and kung-fu kicks had connected, it could have gotten real ugly.

Officials were able to break up the brawl, but those damn Chinese and their dogged determinism went after the Brazilians as they made their way to the lockerroom. After that the Brazilian squad refused to continue playing.

Video of the basketbrawl after the jump…

The Chinese Basketball Association has since apologized for the team’s role in the fracas, and says that players will be made to attend classes on sportsmanship. Some of the players involved in the brawl will also be penalized.

Hopefully penalized doesn’t mean being sent to play with the Clippers, because that would be too harsh a punishment.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/china_vs_brazil_friendly_match_goes_from_basketbal l_to_basketbrawl/3407973

HoopsDrive
10-13-2010, 09:16 PM
None of the players are at fault. It was China's coach who started everything.

Btw, that's not the Brazil team. It's Joinville, a basketball club that was representing Brazil in those matches. And we still beat 'em. Hooray?

IAmKira
10-13-2010, 09:18 PM
SUN YUE FINALLY DID SOMETHING!! :o

marvILLous
10-13-2010, 09:21 PM
haha the chinese were ****ing **** up

Bank$23
10-13-2010, 09:25 PM
#4 and #8 on the chinese went the hardest

PurpleJesus
10-13-2010, 09:31 PM
****ing disgusting...that ***** not cool, the chinese team should be ashamed for such poor sportsmanship...huge fines and suspensions better be looming. and whoever said it was the coaches fault...yes, he was partly to blame, but these guys are grown men, the players are just as responsible as the coach, i would even say they are more responsible, they are the ones who through the punches. pathetic and disgusting

COBY KARL
10-13-2010, 10:01 PM
SUN YUE FINALLY DID SOMETHING!! :o

:clap:
those kicks to that guys ribs were totally badass

Slimsim
10-13-2010, 10:31 PM
one guy got stomp out look at 1:45

NYKalltheway
10-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Has this become a trend?:D

aussie
10-15-2010, 10:09 PM
sun yue is the biggest *****, i hope he gets dropped by sum big brazillian guy

ManRam
10-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Brawls happen. But the stomping really bothered me. That's disgusting.