PDA

View Full Version : Technical Fouls are going to be abundant in the NBA

29$JerZ
10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Garnett just got ejected in the 2nd quarter.
Jermaine O'Neal, Timofey Mosgov also got Tech's for nothing big.

It's going to be a sad season if guys get tech's so easily.

Gators123
10-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Austin Daye got one a few minutes ago for clapping his hands :pity:

Forbo
10-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Rasheed would get tossed every single game.

SouthSideRookie
10-13-2010, 08:45 PM
I was watching on CSN Boston Channel. These refs are a joke, you're right, Garnett and Mosgov did nothing close to warrant a technical or an ejection in Garnetts case.

caddiemaster
10-13-2010, 08:45 PM
The refs need to go away!They suck anyways, now they want the players to act like robots!

CityofChaos
10-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Don't you love David Stern? He's found yet another way to not only make money through fines, but to soften up the game of basketball and give the refs more control of its outcome.

Players can't even give each other a good ol' fashion butt slap without being ejected :/

THE WALL
10-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Rasheed would get tossed every single game.

that's why he has retired :mad:

Forbo
10-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Don't you love David Stern? He's found yet another way to not only make money through fines, but to soften up the game of basketball and give the refs more control of its outcome.

Players can't even give each other a good ol' fashion butt slap without being ejected :/

All TV shows are turning into like too kiddie, I remember when Nickelodeon you could say and do a lot more, now its like 4 year old stuff. Same with wrestling. They act like kids these days cannot watch cursing or fighting.

Giaps
10-13-2010, 08:54 PM
This rule is AWFUL. I miss the old NBA !!!!!

HeaTxRipZz
10-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I will never understand why things in the mainstream market has turned so soft.......This new Tech Rule is going to make games that much more aggrevating. Just imagine 4th qtr in the playoffs Garnett asks the ref something and get's ejected people would be PISSED.

The funny thing is Mozzy got a tech for speaking to himself and he barely speaks a lick of english yet.....So what could he have possibly said that the ref could understand?

Crackadalic
10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
So garnet gets throw for talking a little and Mozzy gets a tech for speaking Russian i smell a conspiracy

pistonsfanomg
10-13-2010, 09:18 PM

lol

IndyFan
10-13-2010, 10:50 PM
i like the new tech rules. players need to get over being called for a foul and just play. the players will adjust and life will go on. the main worry i have about the rule is that 'star' players will not get called for stuff that everyone else does. which leads to the stars posturing and everyone else standing around watching.

:shrug:

MrfadeawayJB
10-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Acie Law got a tech the other day for celebrating a clutch 3 pointer

beasted86
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
All TV shows are turning into like too kiddie, I remember when Nickelodeon you could say and do a lot more, now its like 4 year old stuff. Same with wrestling. They act like kids these days cannot watch cursing or fighting.

I think they are just trying to counteract how bad the internet is in exposing kids to trash.

Kakaroach
10-13-2010, 11:18 PM

Acie Law got a tech the other day for celebrating a clutch 3 pointer Wow, those are so ridiculous. I wanna see some emotion, Stern better figure this out or the league won't be half as fun this season with no emotion.

DerekRE_3
10-13-2010, 11:19 PM
I ****ing hate the new rules. Players basically have to act like robots.

How can amazing happen with emotionless robots throwing a ball around a court.

CB29
10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
kleiza got one for looking at the refs today...

CB29
10-13-2010, 11:30 PM
unfortunately, this IS now a technical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYPujQiKIzE

CB29
10-13-2010, 11:31 PM
perkins is lucky he got injured... probably saving a lot of money

Forbo
10-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Players wont be able to show emotion.
Playoffs will be rough I can see many players getting tossed and kicked out of games. Ron Artest

Forbo
10-13-2010, 11:40 PM

No now that is more like a 50,000 dollar fine, 3 game suspension.

DMasta718
10-13-2010, 11:42 PM
The playoffs are going to be horrible if this carries on.

I can imagine fans starting games in the playoffs instead of the players cause the refs will eject them all.

topdog
10-13-2010, 11:59 PM
I like the idea of cracking down on backtalk, air punches, and "he-doesn't-know-what-he's-talking-about" air brush offs (idk what to call it), BUT it's ridiculous how a guy can't make the smallest of hand gestures or shrug their shoulders and ask what they were called for - it's inhuman not to have some sort of reaction when your heart rate is that high. And I would be PISSED if I got one of those stupid technicals and had to pay a fine.

topdog
10-14-2010, 12:02 AM

I don't see why it shouldn't. This is an instance of showing up the ref because you don't like his call. Kobe should have just bounced him the ball instead of pushing it into his chest.

Raph12
10-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Lame... They're takings censorship to new heights.

xxcubs22xx
10-14-2010, 01:32 AM
YEah this sucks.

Im worried about Noah and Boozer.

Sadds The Gr8
10-14-2010, 01:37 AM
the techs are a ****ing joke. the NBA is now the pussiest sport because of this bull ****...

OBredskin
10-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Am I wrong, or can the Players Association take a stand on this doo doo? It just seems that a technical foul can be anything. In the NFL there are certain criteria that needs to be met before you get penalized. Here it just seems that it's the refs discretion, and that's way to broad IMO.

Kyle916
10-14-2010, 01:51 AM
I understand the premise, but this isn't going to be the way to limit complaining.

junion
10-14-2010, 02:01 AM
The playoffs are going to be horrible if this carries on.

I can imagine fans starting games in the playoffs instead of the players cause the refs will eject them all.

i think that you have to be part of the 12-man roster in the beginning of the playoffs in order to play, actually. there's also a safety liability if fans start playing.

JayW_1023
10-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Sheed retired just in time.

ko8e24
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
The NBA is slowly but surely dying. :pity:

Niro
10-14-2010, 11:05 AM
@all people who dont get pissed of because of the rule...WE ARE NOT PISSED BECAUSE PLAYERS CANT COMPLAIN ANYMORE!

its because you cant even celebrate a clutch shot, a facial or a nasty block or your getting t'd up..wtf

YoungOne
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
kg gettin tossed for arguing last night -.-

macc
10-14-2010, 11:18 AM
In all honesty, I'm glad the refs are called Techs the way they are now. Its to stop all the cry baby players from complaining on EVERY call. I swear there are NBA players who believe they have never commited a foul in their life.

Its not about not being able to show emotion. The complaining about the refs have gotten out of hand. I mean on EVERY call the player complains, though we know that refs get the call right 75-95% of the time.

I like the rule, hopefully players shut up and play basketball instead of crying every 30 sec.

Niro
10-14-2010, 06:07 PM
In all honesty, I'm glad the refs are called Techs the way they are now. Its to stop all the cry baby players from complaining on EVERY call. I swear there are NBA players who believe they have never commited a foul in their life.

Its not about not being able to show emotion. The complaining about the refs have gotten out of hand. I mean on EVERY call the player complains, though we know that refs get the call right 75-95% of the time.

I like the rule, hopefully players shut up and play basketball instead of crying every 30 sec.

are you ****ing kidding me?
did you ever play any sports with refs?
the kg ejection last night was a ****ing joke the nba is going to be full of ******* in 10 years if thats the new rule:cry::cry:

Forbo
10-14-2010, 06:10 PM

Nice to meet you Mr.Stern

KnicksorBust
10-14-2010, 06:30 PM
players will adjust and no ****ing way garnett is booted from a playoff game for that

macc
10-14-2010, 06:52 PM
are you ****ing kidding me?
did you ever play any sports with refs?
the kg ejection last night was a ****ing joke the nba is going to be full of ******* in 10 years if thats the new rule:cry::cry:

Yes I did actually. Starting PG for 5th Marine Corps division basketball.

I've watched basketball for over 20 years. The complaining gets worse and worse and worse every year. Go back and watch basketball 5-10 years ago, did you see players complaining after EVERY play like you do today? Even the players on my own team complain all the time, and I'm just like, "suck it up, adjust to how the game is being called and play."

Should have Garnett been ejected? No I don't think so but this is the NBA sending a message to the players to just play the game and shut the F$%# up.

Garnett was called for a foul, he then proceeded to walk over to the ref to continue to tell him how bad a call he made and the ref gave him a tech.

It would be one thing if the refs were wrong the majority of the time, but since studies have been made that refs are actually make the correct call 80-95% of the time, then you obviously see that most of the time the players are just complaining to complain, eventhough it was clear they caused a foul.

The funny thing with all of this is I see soooo many posters complaining about how today's NBA players complain so much, so now when the NBA makes a statement to try to make the players complain less often, YOU guys complain about that. Its a no win situation.

Call me the minority, I don't care. I'm sick of seeing grown men cry after EVERY call. When I played basketball in the Marine Corps my coach would always tell us to adjust to how the refs are calling the game because they are not going to adjust to you. Savy

Now the real question is. How many games is Stan Van Gundy going to get thrown out of this year? over/under 30?

Kevj77
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I think it might be good once players get used to it. My favorite player Kobe is a prime example so is Garnett of players crying for a foul on every play. I get so pissed when Kobe and Gasol are crying to the refs and not getting back on defense. It can result in some easy buckets.

I've heard Phil in the playoffs during timeouts tell them to stop crying to the refs and get back on D.

Corey
10-14-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't care about the rule change as long as they actually call it fair.

I don't want to see superstar preferential treatment, and some players getting the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, it's not going to work out like that :sigh:

macc
10-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Nice to meet you Mr.Stern

Nice to meet you.....oh wait! what? .....shhhhhhh

macc
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I think it might be good once players get used to it. My favorite player Kobe is a prime example so is Garnett of players crying for a foul on every play. I get so pissed when Kobe and Gasol are crying to the refs and not getting back on defense. It can result in some easy buckets.
I've heard Phil in the playoffs during timeouts tell them to stop crying to the refs and get back on D.

EXACTLY. I say the exact same thing about Dwight. He's down there debating with the ref on the previous play, meanwhile the play is still going on and the other team gets an easy bucket with 5 on 4 basetball.

Geargo Wallace
10-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I hope the veterans and stars can just **** on this rule and force it to change.

Kyle916
10-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't care about the rule change as long as they actually call it fair.

I don't want to see superstar preferential treatment, and some players getting the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, it's not going to work out like that :sigh:

That's how I feel, but what is defined as "fair"? That's my big problem with it. There's going to be a ton of overlap, and different refs are going to interpret things differently. It's just too difficult to concisely determine what warrants a technical under the new rules. At least from my point of view.

JiffyMix88
10-14-2010, 08:50 PM
i love it no more barking at the refs that helps players like kobe and lebron out all the time just play like kevin durant *****es

arkanian215
10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
CDR just got one. Typical CDR.

ManRam
10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Whining the NBA is the single most annoying thing for me in the NBA. I don't want the refs to take over games, but I'm all for an influx of technicals as long as it's consistent and as long as it does deter whining.

98% of plays in the game seem to be whined about by players. Every single player whines more than they should. All the stars whine, all the scrubs whine, all the coaches whine and all the fans whine. The NBA is a whiney sport. Plain and simple.

Someone said they were upset wit this and "miss the old NBA". I miss the old NBA too; the NBA where players weren't spoiled rotten whiney brats.

The players' union is thinking about taking legal action??? Haha. Just more whining from the players.

dtmagnet
10-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I know when I go to a game all I want to see is the refs, I don't care about the players. The sound of the whistle makes me tingle.

Hustlenomics
10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
this is hilarious Stern is such a joke the celtics starting lineup will get ejected come playoff time and KG won't be able to play half a quarter with the ***** he talks on the court

Tisoykeis
10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
i like the new tech rules. players need to get over being called for a foul and just play. the players will adjust and life will go on. the main worry i have about the rule is that 'star' players will not get called for stuff that everyone else does. which leads to the stars posturing and everyone else standing around watching.

:shrug:

I somewhat agree, but I have a different view on this that many of you will completely disagree with. I don't agree with or care for the crack down by the league on "T-ing" players for simple gestures like the Kyle Korver situation. But I do wish the league would take a harder stance on flopping and instruct officials to call a technical when a player blatantly flops to try and get a call.

I know this will be a judgement call but I absolutely hate watching soccer and my hate and disdain for that sport comes from one single thing......flopping. Can't stand it and the more time goes on the more flopping we are seeing in the NBA. If the officials continue to reward people for flopping (or don't start issuing some kind of consequence), the outcome of some games will soon be determined more by a teams acting skills than their jump shot. Just my opinion.

macc
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Whining the NBA is the single most annoying thing for me in the NBA. I don't want the refs to take over games, but I'm all for an influx of technicals as long as it's consistent and as long as it does deter whining.

98% of plays in the game seem to be whined about by players. Every single player whines more than they should. All the stars whine, all the scrubs whine, all the coaches whine and all the fans whine. The NBA is a whiney sport. Plain and simple.

Someone said they were upset wit this and "miss the old NBA". I miss the old NBA too; the NBA where players weren't spoiled rotten whiney brats.

The players' union is thinking about taking legal action??? Haha. Just more whining from the players.

It's a Manram sighting.

Rego247
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
i love it no more barking at the refs that helps players like kobe and lebron out all the time just play like kevin durant *****es

true, but KD looks for calls as well, maybe he doesnt bark at the officials but every time he takes it strong to the rim, its like he expects to be fouled. but i think being a great player hes earned that right.

i dont get is the game gonna be played by robots, u cant be the least bit demonstrative. man this is how the nba gets destroyed, stupid **** like this.

northsider
10-14-2010, 09:55 PM

Glad someone said it and I couldn't agree more some of these guys need to shut up and play ball leave the *****ing for the WNBA.

PLAYERS FAN
10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Joey Crawford is going to be a monster calling technical fouls this year.