_KB24_
10-13-2010, 07:17 PM
What would help Bron's legacy more.....

1.)Winning a ring after jumping ship

2.)Averaging a triple double

Take it away....

footballer2369
10-13-2010, 07:19 PM
The two are definitely not mutually exclusive...

daleja424
10-13-2010, 07:34 PM
well in the last 50 years there have been 50 titles given out... butonly one guy has averaged a trip-dub...so that is more distinguishing.

that said, I think Lebron would rather have the ring

IDB Josh M
10-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Oscar Robertson has won only one championship, but he's remembered for being the pioneer triple double machine. (before Magic Johnson and a time when anyone knew what a triple double was). Robertson would probably have more titles if not for the Bill Russel Green Machine during the 1960's.

Based on that, I think Lebron's legacy is fine, even if he never gets a ring. He just has to be spectacular.

kingkenny01
10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
only one man averaged a triple double so the triple double is better

gbrl
10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
they are both attainable but the ring would help his legacy more

tredigs
10-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Averaging a triple double in today's league would be by far the most impressive statistical season in NBA history (given the pace of the game nowadays/rules/competition). It would cement him as an all time great, and people would point to that season as why he has an argument as GOAT (especially if he did this while averaging 20+ ppg and they won the title/multiple titles afterward).

That said, I don't think a triple double for an entire season is realistic. If he truly made it his goal and gave it his all to achieve this every night? Yeah, maybe. But I don't think that's what the plan will be.

He's on a team that is among the frontrunners to win the title, and playing with absolutely amazing co-stars/help. They SHOULD win the title. In what world is that comparable to a player averaging a triple double? He may want the ring more, but it is absolutely not as tough as averaging the trip/doub (if he won a ring with the cast he had in Cleveland, that would have been comparable to a triple/double season).

abe_froman
10-13-2010, 07:59 PM
only one man averaged a triple double so the triple double is better

ask him what he values more,i'm betting he'll say ring.

seriously the stats are nice,but many see them as largely empty,he gets criticized for not getting it done(more "check my stats" tshirts and no jewelry,only reinforces it)...and yes if he cant get it done with all the help he has now,his rep will permanently be in the toilet

Covert
10-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Averaging a triple-double would be more impressive than winning a title. But if he wins multiple titles, that is a different story.

bigsams50
10-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Triple double would be insane. But nothing is better than a ring. Nothing

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 09:25 PM
LeBron has the stats to match with the all timers. But the ring, he doesn't. This is so easily the Ring

_KB24_
10-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Its a tough one. We were having an argument at my barbershop while I was getting my fade:cool:

fredo832
10-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I think the only way LeQueen can fix his legacy is by admittin he was wrong for leaving Cleveland who only gave him everything just cause he couldn't win by himself there. Shame. This guy will go down in books as a great but he is one player I will never have respect for

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 10:12 PM
I think the only way LeQueen can fix his legacy is by admittin he was wrong for leaving Cleveland who only gave him everything just cause he couldn't win by himself there. Shame. This guy will go down in books as a great but he is one player I will never have respect for

But you can respect others who have made mistakes? Without admitting them?
Kind of a double standard

beasted86
10-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Stats are meaningless.... winning is what is important or he wouldn't have signed here.
Here are 3 tasks I'm sure he would strive for more than averaging a triple double:

1) Being a major piece on a team that wins more than 72 games on way to a title
2) Being the only team in history to go 16-0 through the playoffs
3) Being 1 of only 2 teams to ever win at least 4 championships in a row

All 3 of those are far more difficult and more impressive than a triple double.

nuggetsyankees
10-13-2010, 10:18 PM
i'd have to imagine if he averaged a triple-double he'd win a ring

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Stats are meaningless.... winning is what is important or he wouldn't have signed here.
Here are 3 tasks I'm sure he would strive for more than averaging a triple double:

stats are not meaningless, but they are WITHOUT a ring. If LeBron can win a few rings as the leader of the Heat, and sustain his efficiency, he will shoot up the all time rankings

tredigs
10-13-2010, 10:19 PM
LeBron has the stats to match with the all timers. But the ring, he doesn't. This is so easily the Ring

KB didn't word this very well. In the title of the thread, and the title of the poll it says, "more impressive?". Which is what I answered. And the answer is very clearly a triple double, I don't even think that's debatable.

But, his other comment before the opening post; "what will help his legacy more..."? OK, that I can see an argument for. He will absolutely need to win a couple rings in order for him to cement his legacy (having none at this point is fine, and should be expected given the casts he's had), but if he were to win the ring(s) while maintaining a triple/double this season, I still think the 25/10/10 would be the focal point for future generations that are looking back at the 2010/11 season. It simply comes down to the fact that nobody else in the NBA can do that, in any year (adjusted for pace, even big O wouldn't be averaging a triple double in todays league). Given the right team, over a dozen players are capable of leading a team to a ring every season.

That said, if he can somehow manage to average a trip/doub (again, don't think there's any way he can) AND win a ring as the teams best player, it immediately becomes a top 1-3 personal season in NBA history.

Avenged
10-13-2010, 10:21 PM
A ring no doubt about it.

Championships are what separates really good players and all time greats. Had MJ never won a ring, I don't think he would be considered the GOAT. Same can be said once you get higher up the list in Magic, Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Duncan etc..

He's already established himself as one of the greatest talents the league has to offer, but he needs rings to classify himself as one of the elite's of all time.

VRP723
10-13-2010, 10:22 PM
To be honest, the Heat winning championships wouldn't make me impressed with LeBron at all, they have a super team. The triple double thing would be impressive though.

rabzouz 96
10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
But you can respect others who have made mistakes? Without admitting them?
Kind of a double standard

lol

justinnum1
10-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Of course Lebron values a ring more...maybe next year, after he wins a ring, he will go for the trip dub.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 10:39 PM
KB didn't word this very well. In the title of the thread, and the title of the poll it says, "more impressive?". Which is what I answered. And the answer is very clearly a triple double, I don't even think that's debatable.

But, his other comment before the opening post; "what will help his legacy more..."? OK, that I can see an argument for. He will absolutely need to win a couple rings in order for him to cement his legacy (having none at this point is fine, and should be expected given the casts he's had), but if he were to win the ring(s) while maintaining a triple/double this season, I still think the 25/10/10 would be the focal point for future generations that are looking back at the 2010/11 season. It simply comes down to the fact that nobody else in the NBA can do that, in any year (adjusted for pace, even big O wouldn't be averaging a triple double in todays league). Given the right team, over a dozen players are capable of leading a team to a ring every season.

That said, if he can somehow manage to average a trip/doub (again, don't think there's any way he can) AND win a ring as the teams best player, it immediately becomes a top 1-3 personal season in NBA history.

agreed, a triple double in today's game would be insane. But LeBron has the stats to compete with the all timers already. So I choose ring.

OBredskin
10-13-2010, 10:48 PM
If Lebron never wins a championship, then I think he'd want the triple double.

kjoke
10-13-2010, 10:54 PM
bron will get both, and yes i know this reply added nothing to the thread

jerseybostonian
10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
I guess everything has to turn into a LeBron discussion...

If we're talking about just one ring, it's the triple-double. But when you analyze the greatness of players, you can't look at exclusively rings to determine if they're a "winner." You have to look at how much they contributed to the winning effort. Russell won 11 rings and Oscar Robertson won one as the second option, but they're both all-time greats because they contributed to the winning effort more than almost anyone in history. Point is there are a lot more intangibles when it comes to greatness than you can put into numbers.

Raph12
10-14-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't think I'd be impressed if the Heat won a ring, maybe a little. If he avged a triple-double with great efficiency, that may get me to stop critisizing him so regularly.

tredigs
10-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't think I'd be impressed if the Heat won a ring, maybe a little. If he avged a triple-double with great efficiency, that may get me to stop critisizing him so regularly.

As opposed to a measly 30/9/7 with excellent D and great efficiency?

As far as criticism is concerned, the only legitimate argument is that he hasn't won a ring. Statistically, he just put up one of the best 7 year stretches in NBA history. Not exactly an area that I see him needing to one up himself in order to reach "impressive" status. Though, a triple/double would indeed be legendary. Probably the most legendary.

Storch
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM

Did you just say that? I have it quoted for the next Kobe vs. Lebron debate. :D

I think that it's not fair to compare an individual achievment with a team achievement. The ring is what everyone dreams about and puts you in history (with your team), but the triple double also puts you in history (individually).

Raph12
10-14-2010, 12:25 AM
As opposed to a measly 30/9/7 with excellent D and great efficiency?

As far as criticism is concerned, the only legitimate argument is that he hasn't won a ring. Statistically, he just put up one of the best 7 year stretches in NBA history. Not exactly an area that I see him needing to one up himself in order to reach "impressive" status. Though, a triple/double would indeed be legendary. Probably the most legendary.

Getting a ring with the alleged #3 player in the league and another alleged top 10 player is not a hard feat imo... Put Roy and Durant on the Magic and they'd win a ring just about each and every year until they are too old.

Btw where did you get 30/9/7? He avged 30/8/7 at best in 08 and that's a long way off a triple double, those 2rbs and 3asts aren't so easy to come by... IMO in today's league avging a triple double would be just crazy, especially playing alongside better rebounders and ballhandlers than he had in Cleveland.

Storch
10-14-2010, 12:25 AM
If Lebron never wins a championship, then I think he'd want the triple double.

I'm defending lebron on this one. I have yet to see evidence of him to actually care about stats. I may have been living under a rock all these years, but Lebron seems to just rack up the stats because he felt like he needed to do it in order to win. :shrug:

I think lebron wouldn't care about the triple double if he didnt win a ring, actually scratch that, if he doesn't win even a regular season game. I've seen the look on his face when he loses and it doesn't look like he's like that.

_KB24_
10-14-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm defending lebron on this one. I have yet to see evidence of him to actually care about stats. I may have been living under a rock all these years, but Lebron seems to just rack up the stats because he felt like he needed to do it in order to win. :shrug:

I think lebron wouldn't care about the triple double if he didnt win a ring, actually scratch that, if he doesn't win even a regular season game. I've seen the look on his face when he loses and it doesn't look like he's like that.

http://www.posterized.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lebroncheckmystats.jpg

This could not get any more better.... :laugh2:

Storch
10-14-2010, 01:00 AM
http://www.posterized.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lebroncheckmystats.jpg

This could not get any more better.... :laugh2:

Is that real? :laugh: If so, I rescind my previous statement.

OBredskin
10-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Is that real? :laugh: If so, I rescind my previous statement.

Yeah it's real....go ahead and rescind, and while you're at it, agree with what I said.

Baller1
10-14-2010, 02:49 AM
The only reason I said the ring is more important for LeBron's legacy is because people have become so obsessed with using rings as a cop out to discredit LeBron, that once he gets it, there will be nothing to ***** about. LeBron is quite possibly the greatest basketball player to ever play the game, and we all already know he has the ability to rack up statistics better than any other player in the history of the game (considering the difficulty in modern day and age).

Once he gets that ring (multiple for that matter), he'll start getting credit as to surpassing Jordan.

Baller1
10-14-2010, 02:51 AM

It's good to see a Kobe fan remain realistic and give an unbiased point of view. Kudos to you.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Getting a ring with the alleged #3 player in the league and another alleged top 10 player is not a hard feat imo... Put Roy and Durant on the Magic and they'd win a ring just about each and every year until they are too old.

Btw where did you get 30/9/7? He avged 30/8/7 at best in 08 and that's a long way off a triple double, those 2rbs and 3asts aren't so easy to come by... IMO in today's league avging a triple double would be just crazy, especially playing alongside better rebounders and ballhandlers than he had in Cleveland.

getting a ring is hard under any circumstances.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 08:32 AM
The only reason I said the ring is more important for LeBron's legacy is because people have become so obsessed with using rings as a cop out to discredit LeBron, that once he gets it, there will be nothing to ***** about. LeBron is quite possibly the greatest basketball player to ever play the game, and we all already know he has the ability to rack up statistics better than any other player in the history of the game (considering the difficulty in modern day and age).

Once he gets that ring (multiple for that matter), he'll start getting credit as to surpassing Jordan.

you underestimate people....
Those who despise a player, any player, will ALWAYS come up with something to try and dismiss accomplishments

TheGoodGerman
10-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Ring.

Bravo95
10-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Getting a ring will do more for his legacy, but averaging a triple-double will be more impressive.

Those who despise a player, any player, will ALWAYS come up with something to try and dismiss accomplishments
Very true. It happens to Kobe, even after championships and all of the individual accolades. The same will likely happen to Lebron.

aussie
10-14-2010, 09:00 AM
can sumone make me a hornets sig :) much appreciated.
having to ask here cos no-one goes onto the sig forums :P

Heater4life
10-14-2010, 10:06 AM
The Rings, as Beasted pointed out, if there is 4 plus consecutive titles he will be enshrined as one of the GOAT

Double_R
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Maybe if he got that Ring with a different team I would have been more inclined to go with that, but now that he is on the Heat with Wade and Bosh all his team's accomplishments are diminished, a triple double is cooler than a ring.

todu82
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
The ring

Baller1
10-14-2010, 10:55 AM

Yeah, you're right. Let me rephrase then; people will have no legitimate case against LeBron being the best player in the league.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Yeah, you're right. Let me rephrase then; people will have no legitimate case against LeBron being the best player in the league.

haha. Much better

Avenged
10-14-2010, 11:00 AM

Sure they will, they'll use Wade and Bosh as an "excuse".

In which I would understand, but not to the point in where his legacy would take a hit or would not be very impressive.

Niro
10-14-2010, 11:15 AM
triple double

smith&wesson
10-14-2010, 11:21 AM
at this point he better do both to earn his love and respect back.

Chronz
10-14-2010, 12:13 PM
It simply comes down to the fact that nobody else in the NBA can do that, in any year (adjusted for pace, even big O wouldn't be averaging a triple double in todays league). Given the right team, over a dozen players are capable of leading a team to a ring every season.

Why does it matter that nobody has ever achieved that mark in the current era? Nobody cant match Brons statistical supremacy regardless of the averages anyways so what exactly would it change? If he averages a triple double but his productive value drops, would it still be more impressive or are you assuming its a career best triple double?

Chronz
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Getting a ring with the alleged #3 player in the league and another alleged top 10 player is not a hard feat imo...
How is it any different than winning a ring with the best frontcourt support any star guard has guided along with the greatest coach ever. Its not as if these guys are taking undermanned squads to the top, both Kobe and Bron will be winning because they have the best teammates in the league,

Put Roy and Durant on the Magic and they'd win a ring just about each and every year until they are too old.
Are the Heat disassembled in this universe?

Raph12
10-14-2010, 02:14 PM
How is it any different than winning a ring with the best frontcourt support any star guard has guided along with the greatest coach ever. Its not as if these guys are taking undermanned squads to the top, both Kobe and Bron will be winning because they have the best teammates in the league,

The difference is that Lebron has a player with stronger leadership skills than he has on his team (Wade).

Are the Heat disassembled in this universe?

No, they'd just get beat 9 times out of 10 though... You can't compare a team with the best defensive anchor in the league (Dwight), one of the most efficient passers/scorers (when healthy Roy) and one of the greatest shooters/scorers in the league (Durant) to the current Miami team. If Roy, Durant and Dwight joined forces, they'd tear everyone up on both ends of the floor. Roy could guard Wade, Durant could guard Lebron and Dwight could guard Bosh, but who will guard Dwight?

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 02:20 PM
The difference is that Lebron has a player with stronger leadership skills than he has on his team (Wade).

No, they'd just get beat 9 times out of 10 though... You can't compare a team with the best defensive anchor in the league (Dwight), one of the most efficient passers/scorers (when healthy Roy) and one of the greatest shooters/scorers in the league (Durant) to the current Miami team. If Roy, Durant and Dwight joined forces, they'd tear everyone up on both ends of the floor. Roy could guard Wade, Durant could guard Lebron and Dwight could guard Bosh, but who will guard Dwight?

I think Dwight would be in major foul trouble the entire series. They would make it a point to attack him every play and get him out of the game.

Raph12
10-14-2010, 02:33 PM
I think Dwight would be in major foul trouble the entire series. They would make it a point to attack him every play and get him out of the game.

I would think Roy and Durant would do a good job of keeping in front of their man as much as possible and Dwight will be advised to let a few go in order to avoid foul trouble.

I'll tell you one thing though; Roy, Durant and Dwight would be the most lethal combo I've ever seen in league history. Perfect combo of offense, defense, passing, rebounding, leadership and efficiency. Roy and Durant are already good/great defenders and Dwight's post game gets better everyday. Roy is one of the most efficient players when healthy, a great passer and Durant is a scoring machine, with those two manning the offense, Dwight could feed off them for easy baskets all game long.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Replace Roy with CP3. Then I can agree with you all day on that brother

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 02:40 PM
CP3
who cares
Durant
who cares
Dwight

dynasty

Raph12
10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Replace Roy with CP3. Then I can agree with you all day on that brother

CP3
who cares
Durant
who cares
Dwight

dynasty

Definitely agree, but Roy could guard Wade and make him work on both ends, that's the only reason why I said Roy.

Chronz
10-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I dont believe you, even if I did. SO? That leadership isnt what propelled them to a title, it was their talent. Brons title in Miami could just as easily be more valuable than any one of Kobes, Im reserving judgement until I see them play. But for you to say it wouldnt be impressive is laughable.

No, they'd just get beat 9 times out of 10 though... You can't compare a team with the best defensive anchor in the league (Dwight), one of the most efficient passers/scorers (when healthy Roy) and one of the greatest shooters/scorers in the league (Durant) to the current Miami team.
Doubtful, its mighty easy to compare when they sport the MVP (Bron) the Finals MVP (Wade) and the most offensively gifted complimentary player any team has ever had as a 3rd option.

If Roy, Durant and Dwight joined forces, they'd tear everyone up on both ends of the floor.
It doesnt take a genius to make that prediction

Roy could guard Wade,
Nope

Durant could guard Lebron
Bron would still outproduce and outplay Durant.

and Dwight could guard Bosh, but who will guard Dwight?

Thank god Dwight hasnt figured out how to dominate offensively. With the players youve put around him he will rely on Roy for his scoring.

footballer2369
10-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Definitely agree, but Roy could guard Wade and make him work on both ends, that's the only reason why I said Roy.

You do know Wade ***** on Roy as a player right?

Da Knicks
10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Man the dude is exciting to watch already if he could get a triple throughout the season that would just be insane. When i read the rest of the post though he would probably want a ring more than anything though...

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 02:56 PM

there is no way Roy could handle Wade dude. None

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wadedw01&p2=roybr01

they have only played 8 times, but Wade has won. On top of that Wade is just clearly a better player.

Chronz
10-14-2010, 02:58 PM
You do know Wade ***** on Roy as a player right?

Hes trying to build a complimentary team, but yea hes stretching Roy's defensive rep abit too far. I dont get the point in mentioning they can guard the other when the reality is the 2 will still outplay them.

Chronz
10-14-2010, 02:59 PM
there is no way Roy could handle Wade dude. None

Yea hed be better off going with CP3 and getting any bum who can defend like mad to chase Wade. But he wanted to create a 3 on 3 mini match of sorts.

footballer2369
10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't think that trio would have enough offense to beat the Heat trio...

Maybe with CP3 or DWill in stead of Roy as Hawk said...Then grab a Thabo type to try to shadow Wade, then it'd be a challenge...

Raph12
10-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I dont believe you, even if I did. SO? That leadership isnt what propelled them to a title, it was their talent. Brons title in Miami could just as easily be more valuable than any one of Kobes, Im reserving judgement until I see them play. But for you to say it wouldnt be impressive is laughable.

It wouldn't be as impressive to me and what I find impressive is subjective so what has your panties in a bunch?

Doubtful, its mighty easy to compare when they sport the MVP (Bron) the Finals MVP (Wade) and the most offensively gifted complimentary player any team has ever had as a 3rd option.

Okay there bud, seems like you've already crowned them champs with Lebron as their saviour... Way to be unbiased.

Bosh<<<<<Dwight, while Wade>Roy and Lebron>Durant

It doesnt take a genius to make that prediction

Who said it did, you've become deeply cynical Chronz. There is no need to try and be a dick, just to be a dick and get off Lebron's nut and open your mind to other players as well.

Nope

Yup

Bron would still outproduce and outplay Durant.

What's you point, guarding Durant would still hinder Lebron on the other end. Plus Durant's a great shooter and Lebron plays lackadaisical defense.

Thank god Dwight hasnt figured out how to dominate offensively. With the players youve put around him he will rely on Roy for his scoring.

Dwight's always dominated Wade, Lebron and Bosh's teams throughout his career offensively. Bosh can't guard him, Z sure as hell can't guard him and don't get me started on Anthony. If we were talking about the Celts you'd have a legit arguement, but Bosh, Z and Anthony are about as defensively sound as the rest of the Raptors.

footballer2369
10-14-2010, 03:28 PM

How do these inequalities work?

Statistically:
Wade>>>>>Roy
Lebron>Durant
Bosh=Dwight

Actually, I'd say:
Wade>>Roy
Lebron>Durant
Bosh<<Dwight

Not that this means anything at all...

Dwight's always dominated Wade, Lebron and Bosh's teams throughout his career offensively.

Hm...10-8 vs Wade's team in his career is dominating?

In 2010 Dwight played two games against Wade's Heat:
7 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks in game 1 against that horrible Joel Anthony
10 points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks in game 2 against that bum Joel Anthony

Bosh actually holds a career advantage vs. Dwight as he's 11 and 8:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=howardw01

Check the numbers for yourself... they're pretty equal.

Lebron also holds an advantage head to head with 11-10 record and much better stats.

Dwight averaged just over 17 and 11 and 2 against Lebron last year...Good but by no means dominant.

Heater4life
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
How do these inequalities work?

Statistically:
Wade>>>>>>>Vince Carter
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Q-Rich
Bosh<<<<Dwight

Thats how the inequalities actually work. (you dont have durant or roy, lose the dream)

And inequalities (the sorry attempt to prove a point) aside, expect Dwight to be exploited by Bosh's range in man to man.

Chronz
10-14-2010, 03:47 PM
It wouldn't be as impressive to me and what I find impressive is subjective so what has your panties in a bunch?
Im fine, but Im asking you to provide reasoning to your statement. If you want to ignore that and let your comment stand as is, then so be it.

Okay there bud, seems like you've already crowned them champs with Lebron as their saviour... Way to be unbiased.
It only seems that way because you jump to the wrong conclusions. Im crowning them as a better team than your hypothetical squad.

ohhh thats <<< more than I got on my team, oh nos!!!

Who said it did, you've become deeply cynical Chronz.
I dont care what you want to label me as, Im just letting you know what an empty statement that was. THEY WOULD DOMINATE. No ****, my comparison would DOMINATE TOO. If there is no distinguishing element to your backing, then your wasting time. Lets skip the meaningless chit chat and just defend your opinion without cliches.

There is no need to try and be a dick, just to be a dick and get off Lebron's nut and open your mind to other players as well.

LOL Your telling me to get off another players genitals yet Im the one being a dick? Plz dont patronize me its an even bigger waste of time

Yup
Are you completely incapable of defending anything you say?

What's you point, guarding Durant would still hinder Lebron on the other end. Plus Durant's a great shooter and Lebron plays lackadaisical defense.

That your missing the point worries me, he still outplays him. Whether you think he hinders him or not is irrelevant because the end results is that the matchup net positive gain for the Heat. And again I DONT BELIEVE YOU. Just because you say Bron plays lackadaisical defense doesnt make it true, in fact with your history, any critique you have about Bron is more than likely false. You see the #'s and his defensive rep around the league disagrees with you. Durant is an underrated defender, possibly on par with Bron. But none of this changes my argument. Do you still not see the point?

Dwight's always dominated Wade, Lebron and Bosh's teams throughout his career offensively.
LOL then what do you call what those 2 have done to his teams? If Dwight dominates then these guys go nova on teams.

Bosh can't guard him, Z sure as hell can't guard him and don't get me started on Anthony. If we were talking about the Celts you'd have a legit arguement, but Bosh, Z and Anthony are about as defensively sound as the rest of the Raptors.
Dont get me started on Anthony, you mean their best defender? Isnt that the first place you should have started? Stop trying to sound dramatic and just talk bro. If I were talking about the Celtics Id have a lame argument because your trio tops any of theirs.

Heres the thing, if the biggest offensive advantage you have is Dwight, then your in trouble.

tredigs
10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Why does it matter that nobody has ever achieved that mark in the current era? Nobody cant match Brons statistical supremacy regardless of the averages anyways so what exactly would it change? If he averages a triple double but his productive value drops, would it still be more impressive or are you assuming its a career best triple double?

Like it or not, the triple/double is an illustrious thresh-hold (which POPS) that would be looked back upon in future generations as one of the most dominant seasons in NBA history; and for good reason. I am indeed assuming that his productivity would remain consistent, if not increase. There is no way that he will be able to average a triple/double with a lesser asst/TO ratio or lower reb% (obviously). And there is absolutely no reason why his fg/ts% should fall this upcoming season while facing fewer double teams. The thing that would make it all the more impressive is that he's on a team with more playmakers and better rebounders, and will have a lower USG% (as well as potentially fewer mgp) than any prior season (which is also precisely why I don't think it's a feasible feat).

Other wings like Bird and Jordan (maybe only Bird and Jordan) have put up stretches of similar dominance statistically, but none can claim statistical dominance that a season averaged trip/doub would be (assuming he scores >22 PPG on elite %'s). And there in lies the reason why it would be so special, and considered far more "impressive" than simply winning a ring while playing on the most stacked team in the NBA.

hugepatsfan
10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Triple Double. Lebron (rightly or wrongly) will always have his rings discredited. But averaging a triple double - no one could ever deny the greatness and achievement in that.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 07:56 PM
hmm, tredigs vs Chronz. Interesting