PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise Fail: The 2011 Cavaliers Team Calendar Featuring LeBron James On Cover

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Hoo boy. Yeah, I’m sure these bad boys are selling like hotcakes in Cleveland right about now. No? What gives?

A Wisconsin company, the incredibly ironically named Perfect Timing, Inc., printed these unfortunate calendars prior to James announcing his intentions to take his talents to Miami or whatever the hell he said and now, they are stuck with them, as are retailers in Cleveland, who have stated that no, they are not selling like hotcakes. Not even like rice cakes, for that matter.

Tina Facca, assistant professor of marketing at John Carroll University’s Boler School of Business (Boy, that sure is a mouthful. How would like to have to say that every time you introduce yourself at a faculty mixer? “Why yes, I am the assistant professor of marketing at John Carroll University’s Boler School of Business. Can’t you read my completely out-of-proportion, ginormous name tag?”) believes that the calendars might be attractive to collectors, only not in Cleveland. From Cleveland.com (via Pro Basketball Talk):

“Some collectors may still want to revel in the team’s heyday,” she said. “Those products will still sell.”

Yeah, the team’s heyday. Does she mean the seasons when LeBron and the team dominated throughout the regular season only to flame out horribly in the postseason? Quite the heyday there, toots. You’re never going to get tenure at your ridiculously long-***-named school bringing that kind of insight.

You know, on second thought, I suppose it could be considered their heyday. Crap, I’d have taken it. Then again, my local NBA squad is the Timberwolves and nothing more needs to be added regarding that hot mess of a franchise. KAHN!

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/merchandise_fail_the_2011_cavaliers_team_calendar_ featuring_lebron_james_on_cover/3407680

GSW Hoops
10-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Wishful thinking? :)

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Wishful thinking? :)

I think epic fail

asandhu23
10-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Only in Wisconsin

OGMarkWahlberg
10-13-2010, 05:59 PM
epic fail indeed funny as **** though

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 06:04 PM
it is very funny....... poor cleveland. cant ever catch a break

prodigy
10-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Its ok, all they need to do is put a knife in lebron's hand.

Niro
10-13-2010, 06:17 PM
lmao epic fail

Slimsim
10-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Starting to feel some what bad for the Cleveland

Rivera
10-13-2010, 06:55 PM
ayoooo my boy drose u got lebrons name in a thread

you are baiting all cavs fans because u got the cavs and lebron and fail in the same sentence

in before close

dnewguy
10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Epic Fail

29$JerZ
10-13-2010, 07:06 PM
If the pic had Miami in the backround while LeBron dunks that would have been something.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 07:19 PM
ayoooo my boy drose u got lebrons name in a thread

you are baiting all cavs fans because u got the cavs and lebron and fail in the same sentence

in before close

I know man....... I'm baiting both the heat and cavs fans, lol

now watch some mod will consider what i just said a confession and give me a infraction

Rivera
10-13-2010, 07:33 PM

now watch some mod will consider what i just said a confession and give me a infraction

o u will get one cause now u are baiting a mod

:laugh2:

lowdown32
10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
how much ? 23cents

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 07:56 PM
how much ? 23cents

sounds about right

Raps08-09 Champ
10-13-2010, 07:58 PM
:laugh2:

Daze9900
10-13-2010, 08:02 PM
lmao.

Wade>You
10-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Getting over LeBron.

You're doing it wrong.

davids22
10-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Only in Wisconsin

What is that supposed to mean?

kArSoN RyDaH
10-13-2010, 09:16 PM
What is that supposed to mean?

:laugh:

beasted86
10-13-2010, 10:01 PM

Baiting? You are a LeBron fan, so how can you be baiting?

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Baiting? You are a LeBron fan, so how can you be baiting?

yea a big lebron fan, lol.......

beasted86
10-13-2010, 10:06 PM
yea a big lebron fan, lol.......

Yeah, I mean 7 out of the last 11 threads you have started in the NBA Forum have been about LeBron or the Heat. Just saying....

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I mean 7 out of the last 11 threads you have started in the NBA Forum have been about LeBron or the Heat. Just saying....

actually 3..... 1 about a film, this one, and one actually to actually put down espn, not miami. yea maybe its time to stop and go back to derrick rose threads

beasted86
10-13-2010, 10:21 PM
actually 3..... 1 about a film, this one, and one actually to actually put down espn, not miami. yea maybe its time to stop and go back to derrick rose threads

I think you need to go back and read your OWN threads. :cool:

7 out of your last 11 threads started in the NBA Forum are Heat/LeBron related.

Geargo Wallace
10-13-2010, 10:21 PM
I think D Rose comments on his own threads more than other poster do.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 10:23 PM
I think you need to go back and read your OWN threads. :cool:

7 out of your last 11 threads started in the NBA Forum are Heat/LeBron related.

I just did before I answered your last question to make sure I wasnt wrong and out my last 11 threads like i said, i had 3 about lebron and heat combined.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 10:24 PM
I think D Rose comments on his own threads more than other poster do.

nope, hawkeye is still the reigning champ at that, but im catching up and if you go look at my old threads, i actually really dont. once in a great while i will.

Geargo Wallace
10-13-2010, 10:27 PM
nope, hawkeye is still the reigning champ at that, but im catching up and if you go look at my old threads, i actually really dont. once in a great while i will.

You seem to comment on every comment. So if you comment on this one, our ratio on this thread will be 1:1.

mjt20mik
10-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Something more to burn?

beasted86
10-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I just did before I answered your last question to make sure I wasnt wrong and out my last 11 threads like i said, i had 3 about lebron and heat combined.

LeBron related threads:
1) Merchandise Fail: The 2011 Cavaliers Team Calendar Featuring LeBron James On Cover
2) If Kobe and LeBron play, we all win (not a bad read for ESPN)
3) Lebronception:4 Minute Film On Planting An Inception Into Lebron to sign with Miami
4) Kobe Bryant saying he'd Beat Lebron James In A 1 On 1! "I'd Do That In My Sleep"

Heat related threads:
1) Article on how ESPN is ruining the Miami Heat
2) Shaq still doesn't think highly of Chris Bosh
3) Are the Chicago Bulls or the Orlando Magic the Sentimental Underdogs?

^This last one discusses how the Bulls & Magic are perceived underdogs to the Miami Heat. The article mentions "Miami" "Heat" and "Wade/Bosh/James" 8 times.

Sly Guy
10-13-2010, 10:37 PM
this is one of those times when all those 'epic fail' pics should be present in forum threads.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2010, 10:39 PM
LeBron related threads:
1) Merchandise Fail: The 2011 Cavaliers Team Calendar Featuring LeBron James On Cover
2) If Kobe and LeBron play, we all win (not a bad read for ESPN)
3) Lebronception:4 Minute Film On Planting An Inception Into Lebron to sign with Miami
4) Kobe Bryant saying he'd Beat Lebron James In A 1 On 1! "I'd Do That In My Sleep"

Heat related threads:
1) Article on how ESPN is ruining the Miami Heat
2) Shaq still doesn't think highly of Chris Bosh
3) Are the Chicago Bulls or the Orlando Magic the Sentimental Underdogs?

^This last one discusses how the Bulls & Magic are perceived underdogs to the Miami Heat. The article mentions "Miami" "Heat" and "Wade/Bosh/James" 8 times.

if you really want to get particular...... almost every article written today has lebrons james or the miami heat written into it and those articles with bosh weren my last 11 like you said, some of them were.

this thread was more to do with the cavs then anything. also so what, it was funny.

if you go back to any thread pretty much, it was something funny, or stupid someone said. or asking an opinion on something. i dont create my own threads and ask if lebron is the best or whatever. i post what i read and i usually post things people didnt know was out there and the few i am late on which is rare, but the few i do post that has been posted well just want paying attention at the time. i dont see the problem with it. like i said, i have nothing against the heat, only james. i really wish i could find other articles to post but there are a lot of bandwagon fans out there now a days. so its hard to find something else to talk about.

homestarunner93
10-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I would buy one just for a collector's item, it would be cool to have a decade or so down the road once all of this cools off.

beasted86
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
if you really want to get particular...... almost every article written today has lebrons james or the miami heat written into it and those articles with bosh weren my last 11 like you said, some of them were.

this thread was more to do with the cavs then anything. also so what, it was funny.

if you go back to any thread pretty much, it was something funny, or stupid someone said. or asking an opinion on something. i dont create my own threads and ask if lebron is the best or whatever. i post what i read and i usually post things people didnt know was out there and the few i am late on which is rare, but the few i do post that has been posted well just want paying attention at the time. i dont see the problem with it. like i said, i have nothing against the heat, only james. i really wish i could find other articles to post but there are a lot of bandwagon fans out there now a days. so its hard to find something else to talk about.

Whatever, it was just an observation of mine. I said "NBA Forum" because that's the only forum other than the Heat I usually check. It seems every time I come to the NBA forum either you or JordanBulls are starting a thread relating to the Heat or LeBron, so today on the spot occasion I just clicked your name and searched and realized I wasn't crazy. 7 out of your last 11 started in the NBA Forum are Heat related. I wouldn't be surprised if JB has a higher ratio though.

RulerSlick
10-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Is it just me or does all of D Rose's ( a Bulls fan) threads relate to lebron and the heat? :D

Raph12
10-14-2010, 12:03 AM
I wonder how many failed guarantees Mo will make now that he doesn't have Lebron's shoulders to sit on.

OBredskin
10-14-2010, 02:04 AM
I guess the back country calendar makers didn't get the memo....(in their language) he ain't gawn na be on da teayam any mo.

OBredskin
10-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Is it just me or does all of D Rose's ( a Bulls fan) threads relate to lebron and the heat? :D

It's just you.

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2010, 03:09 AM

I'm a magic fan as well :)

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2010, 03:10 AM
I guess the back country calendar makers didn't get the memo....(in their language) he ain't gawn na be on da teayam any mo.

:laugh:

Giraffes Rule
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
This isn't really uncommon among sports calenders. I get the Astros calender every year, and at least 2-3 of the players in the calender are no longer with the team by the next year. They print them very far in advance.