PDA

View Full Version : 10/13 - New Jersey Devils @ Buffalo Sabres

OneTuzSea
10-13-2010, 02:55 PM
NEW JERSEY DEVILS GAME DAY THREAD

http://cdn.nhl.com/devils/images/logos/large.png @ http://cdn.nhl.com/sabres/images/logos/large.png
0-2-1 ..@.. 1-2-0

Start Time: 7:00 PM ET
TV: MSG Plus

Devils Last: 3-1 Loss vs Penguins
Sabres Last: 4-3 Loss @ Blackhawks

Projected Lineups

http://cdn.nhl.com/devils/images/logos/large.png

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Arnott-Langenbrunner
Mair-Zubrus-Clarkson
??-Pelley-??

Greene-Fraser
Tallinder-Urbom
White-Taormina

Brodeur
Hedberg

http://cdn.nhl.com/sabres/images/logos/large.png

Hecht-Roy-Stafford
Ennis-Connolly-Vanek
Gerbe-Glidermayer-Grier
Gaustad-McCormick-Kaleta

Morrisonn-Myers
Leopold-Montador
Sekera-Rivet

Miller
Lalime

Bricklayer
10-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm heading to Buffalo tonight to catch the game, hopefully Adam Mair can snipe one against his old mates.

jakub
10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
yaya mair is playing

OneTuzSea
10-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Very encouraging game so far. Miller is just a beast, but we're outshooting them by a mile.

OneTuzSea
10-13-2010, 08:11 PM
What a STUPID pass by Clarkson at 12:25 left in the second.

OneTuzSea
10-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Thoughts on the game...

- Parise had eight shots. He ****ing wanted this

- Marty's 111th shutout. A hard earned one at that :clap:

- Taormina is looking more and more impressive I'm a HUGE fan. Urbom and Fraser are disappointing so far. I'd say trade/waive Fraser and bring up Corrente.

- We're still turning it over with stupid passes, but everytime the Sabres got anywhere near Marty there were sticks or players everywhere, very impressed with the D as a whole but the turnovers and bad passes have to stop.

- Clarkson looked bad. A few bad passes and not much else.

- Mair will be a great addition.

- Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like for most of the game Kovy was just kind of skating around. Could be the long shifts, or it could be in my head. I'll watch the game again later and see if I'm right.

- This is like the Tampa Bay game all over again from last year. Could be a jump-start to something huge.

Do0msday
10-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Thoughts on the game...

- Parise had eight shots. He ****ing wanted this

- Marty's 111th shutout. A hard earned one at that :clap:

- Taormina is looking more and more impressive I'm a HUGE fan. Urbom and Fraser are disappointing so far. I'd say trade/waive Fraser and bring up Corrente.

- We're still turning it over with stupid passes, but everytime the Sabres got anywhere near Marty there were sticks or players everywhere, very impressed with the D as a whole but the turnovers and bad passes have to stop.

- Clarkson looked bad. A few bad passes and not much else.

- Mair will be a great addition.

- Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like for most of the game Kovy was just kind of skating around. Could be the long shifts, or it could be in my head. I'll watch the game again later and see if I'm right.

- This is like the Tampa Bay game all over again from last year. Could be a jump-start to something huge.

I really like the Mair addition too. He might not be great fantasy wise, but I think he could be a solid part of this team. 1 of those grinders that every team needs. As for Kovy...sure he didn't get much til the OT goal, but he's still playing hard. So far about every game so far he's been against the boards, going hard after the puck, being very physical, etc. He really digs the pucks out of the corner and tries to make a play happen for someone else. Sooner or later it's all going to click.

And that goal (first the fake out by Langs) and then the hustle by Taormina ... you just KNEW something was going to happen. It was fantastic and Taormina really puts a lot of effort out there on the ice.

Bricklayer
10-13-2010, 11:40 PM
I'll share mine aswell,

The Devils came out flying out shooting Buffalo 14-1 in the first, but the really looked winded as the game went on.

Adam Mair played well against his old mates, Tallinder....well not so much.

MarK Fraser hits everything that moves, at tonights game my wife said to me "that Fraser guy is really mean" and I said "yes he is"

Arnott and Elias really play well together, but you could tell Patty was tired in the 3rd from playing so much.

Kovy floated all night and looked invisible for the most part, I guess 100 million doesn't get ya what it used to.

Parise was tenacious as always, he came to play.

Marty played well, but wasn't really tested much either.

Best news of the night....Rolston is going under the knife for hernia surgery, he will be out 4-6 weeks meaning the Devils now have about 5 million in cap space.

OneTuzSea
10-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Sucks I'm going to miss the next couple games RIGHT as they start clicking. :laugh2:

Games after this Monday on I'll probably be making game threads for all of them, though.

OneTuzSea
10-14-2010, 08:44 AM
I really like the Mair addition too. He might not be great fantasy wise, but I think he could be a solid part of this team. 1 of those grinders that every team needs. As for Kovy...sure he didn't get much til the OT goal, but he's still playing hard. So far about every game so far he's been against the boards, going hard after the puck, being very physical, etc. He really digs the pucks out of the corner and tries to make a play happen for someone else. Sooner or later it's all going to click.

I guess it just seemed like everytime I saw him he was just kind of floating along. Sure, when he is near the puck or has it he is electric and gives 100%, but he doesn't seem to care much when he doesn't have it. Unlike Parise who is always charing for it.

With that said, I'm still a huge Kovy fan.