PDA

View Full Version : Wade vs Kobe as the #1 guy on their teams ...

JordansBulls
10-12-2010, 03:41 PM
A poster on another site put this together.

Thought it was interesting.

I exclude 2 seasons of Wade due to one being his rookie season and the other being he was a 2nd option during Shaq's 1st year as a Miami Heats. I also exclude multiple seasons of Kobe early years and only include his seasons post-Shaq.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2448/regularseason.png (http://img831.imageshack.us/i/regularseason.png/)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9765/playoff.png (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/playoff.png/)

i.got.the.nutz
10-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Pretty much an even comparison. Kobe has been doing it for much longer though.

footballer2369
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Pretty much an even comparison. Kobe has been doing it for much longer though.

it's not close if you remove Wade's injured season where he wasn't nearly as effective as his other years...

i.got.the.nutz
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
it's not close if you remove Wade's injured season where he wasn't nearly as effective as his other years...

You forget that Kobe has been playing injured all season also.

footballer2369
10-12-2010, 09:53 PM
You forget that Kobe has been playing injured all season also.

You're not comparing Kobe's "dings" to missing 60 games (2 1/2 seasons) are you?

Jacks3
10-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Kobe's durability is just one of many reasons why he's better than Wade. Oh, and Kobe played injured for most of the 04-05 and 09-10 seasons, but of course Wade fans won't mention that. :rolleyes:

bigsams50
10-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Pretty close. I'd still take Kobe though

GspLAL
10-13-2010, 09:05 AM
You're not comparing Kobe's "dings" to missing 60 games (2 1/2 seasons) are you?

Playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand and on a knee that needed surgery is a "ding"? But anyways, that's irrelevant, point is that it effected his numbers, just look at how he was playing at the start of the season last year before he got injured, he was pretty much 1a and 1b for MVP candidates w/ Lebron.

footballer2369
10-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Kobe's durability is just one of many reasons why he's better than Wade. Oh, and Kobe played injured for most of the 04-05 and 09-10 seasons, but of course Wade fans won't mention that. :rolleyes:

You're comparing his supposed injuries that he or anyone for that matter could have played through to surgeries and getting shut down...

Not on the same planet.

Kind of like Kobe when pitted against Wade in that respect. Kobe continues to glide off of a huge fanbase and reputation, while Wade has been statistically superior (more efficient, productive, the works) for years now.

footballer2369
10-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand and on a knee that needed surgery is a "ding"? But anyways, that's irrelevant, point is that it effected his numbers, just look at how he was playing at the start of the season last year before he got injured, he was pretty much 1a and 1b for MVP candidates w/ Lebron.

That is flawed...Just because he claims (or even if he really did) to have had injuries, that doesn't mean it's automatically the reason (or at least the only reason) for his dropoff...

I believe it was natural regression to Kobe playing above his statistical mean.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 10:44 AM
That is flawed...Just because he claims (or even if he really did) to have had injuries, that doesn't mean it's automatically the reason (or at least the only reason) for his dropoff...

I believe it was natural regression to Kobe playing above his statistical mean.

pretty much what I have been saying for a year now...
1400 games takes its toll. Its ok to admit your hero is in a slow decline.

Jacks3
10-13-2010, 02:49 PM
"Supposed injuries"? lol. It was clear in 04-05 and 09-10 that his injuries heavily affected his performance. I guess all his numbers being down both those years compared to healthy seasons mean nothing.

FT% pre-injury: 85%
After: 78%

Just a coincidence?

Oh, and Kobe actually did have surgery on a knee that bothered him throughout the playoffs, plus last I checked durability is a measure of performance. It's a advantage for Kobe. lol @ Wade fans brushing it aside.

And no, Wade is not "more efficient". Kobe's TS% is just as good with higher volume AND a lower TOV% percentage.

Wade fans are a joke. Kobe>Wade.

Mplsman
10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Wade has ALOT more years left than Kobe.

Jacks3
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Wade is already 29 lol.

footballer2369
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
"Supposed injuries"? lol. It was clear in 04-05 and 09-10 that his injuries heavily affected his performance. I guess all his numbers being down both those years compared to healthy seasons mean nothing.

FT% pre-injury: 85%
After: 78%

Just a coincidence?

Oh, and Kobe actually did have surgery on a knee that bothered him throughout the playoffs, plus last I checked durability is a measure of performance. It's a advantage for Kobe. lol @ Wade fans brushing it aside.

And no, Wade is not "more efficient". Kobe's TS% is just as good with higher volume AND a lower TOV% percentage.

Wade fans are a joke. Kobe>Wade.

Yes, I'd say a 7 percent difference is largely inconsequencial especially in such a small sample...

Wade has the higher TS% in EVERY SINGLE YEAR minus 2007, the year of the season ending shoulder surgery. Wade had a WS/48 between .219 and .239 every year but that surgery year. Kobe has only one year in above .219 (and it's only .224).

Wade's assist % and usage more than offsets Kobe's slight advantage in TO%...

Wade's PER and APER and the like, even with his down year (you might say he was Kobe-esque that year :laugh2:) is superior to Kobe's over this stretch and any stretch you can put together.

Even Wade's defense has surpassed Kobe...Wade is better at playing man defense, playing help defense and wreaking havoc... This is supported in stats, synergy and generally, by any unbiased observers of the two.

As far as durability, one freak injury involving another player dislodging his shoulder happening to Wade vs. nothing of that nature happening to Kobe does not make him superior in any way. It makes him lucky. It could very, very easily happen to Kobe this season or next. It could happen to Tim Duncan or Paul Pierce or anyone. This does not give Kobe any tangible edge, this means he has had the fortune, or rather hasn't had the misfortune that Wade did.

And Wade's 28. And he has been in the league 1/2 the time Kobe has and has already achieved the best 2 or 3 individual seasons of the two as well as the best finals performance and it's only a matter of time before Wade catches up in the ring race, at which point there will be absolutely no debate on this subject.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Wade is already 29 lol.

Kobe entered the league at 18, and has 1220+ career games. Wade entered the league at 22, and has 550 career games. Wade essentially has the same wear and tear of a 25 year old Kobe. Not sure what you are laughing about

Jacks3
10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Typical. Mileage doesn't matter as much as age. Wade won't have the longevity of Bryant. It won't even be close. Kobe, on the other hand, is only 32 and has several more years of elite ball left in him.

footballer2369
10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Typical. Mileage doesn't matter as much as age. Wade won't have the longevity of Bryant. It won't even be close. Kobe, on the other hand, is only 32 and has several more years of elite ball left in him.

Typical. Kobe fan ignores post that proves his delusions ridiculous...

Jacks3
10-13-2010, 05:30 PM
*Shrug*

I'm not ignoring your post. I just don't have the time to respond right now, but i'll get around to it. ;)

patsspurscubs
10-13-2010, 08:48 PM
*Shrug*

I'm not ignoring your post. I just don't have the time to respond right now, but i'll get around to it. ;)

If you didn't have time to type up a response to his post, how did you find the time to type this up? :rolleyes:

Raph12
10-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Kobe over Wade any day of the week...

kobe_23chembace
10-14-2010, 05:54 AM
kobe 24/7 even though wade is one of my favorite i still want kobe..

justinnum1
10-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Wade, all day every day.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
The fact that Kobe has put up these numbers on a winning team more often then Wade has, says all you need to know. Wade should be doing a lot more considering his teams have sucked so bad.

If Kobe was playing on a team that was not going anywhere and didn’t have other great offensive talent around him, he would be wrecking far worse havoc on the league. As he did the two years the Lakers sucked. But since he is playing for a bigger picture, he lays back and lets his teammates get in work in the regular season. That why they are ready come playoff time. Over the past 4 years, Kobe's numbers have increased in the playoffs, while Wades have dropped. That tells me that Wade takes the regular season far more seriously than Kobe does. And when it matters most, Kobe is the better player.

Plus, you are comparing Kobe's numbers after he had already played 8 years in the league. That a lot of wear and tear on the body. If Kobe was given the franchise while he was 21, then he would have put up far greater stats due to his athleticism being at its peak. The last 3 years, Kobe has been playing with 2/3 the athleticism he had when he was younger. And he is still putting up great numbers. Can you imagine what he would do as the number one option when he was 23? Shoot, he put up 30,7 and 6 with 2 steals while being the second option to Shaq when he was 24. Can you imagine what he would have done without a center who demanded the ball?

If it was just about stats, they would look pretty even. But too bad Kobe puts up those numbers in the context of winning. Not padding stats when you are the main and only option on offense on a bad team.

Kobe was more athletic, bigger and had far more offensive talent than Wade did when he was younger. He could stretch the floor more and has ten times better footwork.

If Kobe and Wade were both 21, every GM in the league would pick Kobe and its not even a debate.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-14-2010, 12:00 PM
pretty much what I have been saying for a year now...
1400 games takes its toll. Its ok to admit your hero is in a slow decline.

I dont know how you can say that when you know for a fact, after he got his knee drained, he was rattling off 30 point games in the playoffs like it was nothing. His PER went from 21.5 in the regular season where he was hurt, to 24.9 in the post season. Is it a natural decline? Or was the 31 points on 49% shooting the first two months of the season when healthy, and the great playoffs, a better indicator of what he is capable of when he is not playing on a knee that requires surgery, two broken fingers on the shooting hand, a pulled groin, and a sprained ankle? I think I will look at his track record and say yes.

Is he not the dominant player he was when he was younger? No. But when it matters most, he still is one of the best to ever play

footballer2369
10-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Kobe fans...they're so cute...

Jacks3
10-14-2010, 02:11 PM
The fact that Kobe has put up these numbers on a winning team more often then Wade has, says all you need to know. Wade should be doing a lot more considering his teams have sucked so bad.

If Kobe was playing on a team that was not going anywhere and didnít have other great offensive talent around him, he would be wrecking far worse havoc on the league. As he did the two years the Lakers sucked. But since he is playing for a bigger picture, he lays back and lets his teammates get in work in the regular season. That why they are ready come playoff time. Over the past 4 years, Kobe's numbers have increased in the playoffs, while Wades have dropped. That tells me that Wade takes the regular season far more seriously than Kobe does. And when it matters most, Kobe is the better player.

Plus, you are comparing Kobe's numbers after he had already played 8 years in the league. That a lot of wear and tear on the body. If Kobe was given the franchise while he was 21, then he would have put up far greater stats due to his athleticism being at its peak. The last 3 years, Kobe has been playing with 2/3 the athleticism he had when he was younger. And he is still putting up great numbers. Can you imagine what he would do as the number one option when he was 23? Shoot, he put up 30,7 and 6 with 2 steals while being the second option to Shaq when he was 24. Can you imagine what he would have done without a center who demanded the ball?

If it was just about stats, they would look pretty even. But too bad Kobe puts up those numbers in the context of winning. Not padding stats when you are the main and only option on offense on a bad team.

Kobe was more athletic, bigger and had far more offensive talent than Wade did when he was younger. He could stretch the floor more and has ten times better footwork.

If Kobe and Wade were both 21, every GM in the league would pick Kobe and its not even a debate.

Great post.

DCB/LAL
10-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Lol at Wade fans actually thinking Wade is better....no argument needed thats not even debatable.

todu82
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Bryant

D-Block21-Chito
10-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Wade, all day every day.

I think homer fans are the only people that would actually take wade over Kobe... Are you delusional? Seriously... What else does kobe have to do to be respected as a top two player in NBA. I would say you could make a case for kobe or lebron.
Here is something for fun...

Kobe & Lebron > Wade in lebron.

Get real south florida fans. Kobe is better than wade

Jaji
10-15-2010, 11:05 AM
I would say Kobe but its not even a question so I can't give my answer.

footballer2369
10-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I think homer fans are the only people that would actually take wade over Kobe... Are you delusional? Seriously... What else does kobe have to do to be respected as a top two player in NBA. I would say you could make a case for kobe or lebron.
Here is something for fun...

Kobe & Lebron > Wade in lebron.

Get real south florida fans. Kobe is better than wade

Well I think ignorant people would be the only ones who would take Wade over Kobe... and I actually have #s to back me up vs. the opinion of a guy who thinks Noah is better than Bosh...

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Well I think ignorant people would be the only ones who would take Wade over Kobe... and I actually have #s to back me up vs. the opinion of a guy who thinks Noah is better than Bosh...

Completely agree!

footballer2369
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Completely agree!

Touche... Kobe is goat IMO...

It's all those titles he's carried his teams to and the gaudy advanced stats that do it for me.

heatbb
10-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Kobe is better (actually they are basically equal at this point), but for how long? :)

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Touche... Kobe is goat IMO...

It's all those titles he's carried his teams to and the gaudy advanced stats that do it for me.

Agree again.

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Yes, I'd say a 7 percent difference is largely inconsequencial especially in such a small sample...

Wade has the higher TS% in EVERY SINGLE YEAR minus 2007, the year of the season ending shoulder surgery. Wade had a WS/48 between .219 and .239 every year but that surgery year. Kobe has only one year in above .219 (and it's only .224).

Wade's assist % and usage more than offsets Kobe's slight advantage in TO%...

Wade's PER and APER and the like, even with his down year (you might say he was Kobe-esque that year :laugh2:) is superior to Kobe's over this stretch and any stretch you can put together.

Even Wade's defense has surpassed Kobe...Wade is better at playing man defense, playing help defense and wreaking havoc... This is supported in stats, synergy and generally, by any unbiased observers of the two.

As far as durability, one freak injury involving another player dislodging his shoulder happening to Wade vs. nothing of that nature happening to Kobe does not make him superior in any way. It makes him lucky. It could very, very easily happen to Kobe this season or next. It could happen to Tim Duncan or Paul Pierce or anyone. This does not give Kobe any tangible edge, this means he has had the fortune, or rather hasn't had the misfortune that Wade did.

And Wade's 28. And he has been in the league 1/2 the time Kobe has and has already achieved the best 2 or 3 individual seasons of the two as well as the best finals performance and it's only a matter of time before Wade catches up in the ring race, at which point there will be absolutely no debate on this subject.

Thank you. Didn't have to type it all up. Wade is better than Kobe and that stats back it up. Kobe fans bring rings in every single thread but they can't answer what happened to lakers from 2004 to 2008. Fact is Wade has done more when he had somewhat (able to contend) of a supporting cast. What Wade did in 2006 finals says it all. Untill someone else can show me similar dominance in the biggest stage I won't buy it. The ring arguments are about to be over, it's a matter of time now. But I guarantee then they will say "Oh, no!! Wade played with LeBron!"

Chronz
10-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Wades career is not yet done, Kobes is nearing a close. Obviously people are going to pick Kobe right now, the mans career achievements are mythical

nipo10847
10-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Wades career is not yet done, Kobes is nearing a close. Obviously people are going to pick Kobe right now, the mans career achievements are mythical

And yet they come up with rings when Wade played 1/2 of the time Kobe did. I want to see what more excuses to come when Wade will probably have handful number of rings in a couple of years.

camador22
10-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Wade's surpassed Kobe many years ago. I give Kobe props for still being a top 3 player at his age but Wade just turned 28 and Kobe has so much mileage on him. It would not surprise me if this is Kobe's burn out season. The difference between the two for the last couple years is Kobe's had the deepest team in the league and Wade had a bunch of Titos. Now that the talents are even lets see if Kobe's really as good as Laker fans say he is. If the Lakers win then you have to out Kobe as the second greatest player ever.

JordansBulls
10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Wade's surpassed Kobe many years ago. I give Kobe props for still being a top 3 player at his age but Wade just turned 28 and Kobe has so much mileage on him. It would not surprise me if this is Kobe's burn out season. The difference between the two for the last couple years is Kobe's had the deepest team in the league and Wade had a bunch of Titos. Now that the talents are even lets see if Kobe's really as good as Laker fans say he is. If the Lakers win then you have to out Kobe as the second greatest player ever.

Surpassed him in what sense?

TylerSL
10-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Surpassed him in what sense?

just look at their advanced stats since 08. You will find that Wade's is significantly better. Also Wade's solo finals performance is better than all of Kobe's by far and then some................

TylerSL
10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
to anybody saying its not even comparable, Wade is better now. Wade puts up alot better stats than Kobe. Kobe has had a better career than Wade tho. If you wanna talk about legacy its easily Kobe>Wade any day of the week and twice on Sunday. If you talk about prime then its Kobe>Wade because Wade is just entering him prime and nobody knows how good he will be. But if you talk about who is better now its Kobe<Wade because Wade is entering his prime, and Kobe has been constantly declining. This is Kobe's 15th season and he will be 33 at the end of the season (he is 32 now). This is only Wade's 8th season and he will be 29 by the end of the season (he is 28 now).

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Thank you. Didn't have to type it all up. Wade is better than Kobe and that stats back it up. Kobe fans bring rings in every single thread but they can't answer what happened to lakers from 2004 to 2008. Fact is Wade has done more when he had somewhat (able to contend) of a supporting cast. What Wade did in 2006 finals says it all. Untill someone else can show me similar dominance in the biggest stage I won't buy it. The ring arguments are about to be over, it's a matter of time now. But I guarantee then they will say "Oh, no!! Wade played with LeBron!"

How can you say Wade has done more with "somewhat, able to contend of a supporting cast"? Kobe got a top 15 player in the league at the time and went to 3 straight finals and won 2 of them. Has Wade done that? He played with Shaq for 3 years, and won one Championship who even at his age was better than Pau has been the 3 years he has played with the Lakers.

PAU'S 3 Years with the Lakers

PER Pts Reb Ast Blk TS% 61 efg% 52
24. 18.8 7.8 3.5 1.6
22.2 18.9 9.6 3.5 1.0
22.9 18.3 11.3 3.4 1.7

Shaqs 3 Year with the Heat

PER Pts Reb Ast Blk TS%58 efg% 60.0
27.0 22.9 10.4 2.7 2.3
24.4 20.0 9.2 1.9 1.8
21.7 17.3 7.4 2.0 1.4

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-18-2010, 04:26 PM

How are you saying that the talents are even? Do you see anyone on the Lakers like Lebron? Even our second best player has a guy who puts up better numbers than him on the Heat. If the Heat get beat by anyone, that would be the biggest choke job in league history.

And it will not put Kobe as the second greatest ever. It will just show that a player with talent can get tons of nice stats when his usage is as high as Lebrons and Wades have been. And that those stats and tons of isolation plays, dont necessarily translate into winning basketball.

footballer2369
10-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Usage=more opportunity to be inefficient...

the efficiency stats are not affected by whatever opportunity you believe Wade has had that Kobe has not (Wade's best > Kobe's best) (see: Pau Gasol in Mem vs LAL)

nipo10847
10-19-2010, 11:18 AM
How can you say Wade has done more with "somewhat, able to contend of a supporting cast"? Kobe got a top 15 player in the league at the time and went to 3 straight finals and won 2 of them. Has Wade done that? He played with Shaq for 3 years, and won one Championship who even at his age was better than Pau has been the 3 years he has played with the Lakers.

PAU'S 3 Years with the Lakers

PER Pts Reb Ast Blk TS% 61 efg% 52
24. 18.8 7.8 3.5 1.6
22.2 18.9 9.6 3.5 1.0
22.9 18.3 11.3 3.4 1.7

Shaqs 3 Year with the Heat

PER Pts Reb Ast Blk TS%58 efg% 60.0
27.0 22.9 10.4 2.7 2.3
24.4 20.0 9.2 1.9 1.8
21.7 17.3 7.4 2.0 1.4

Don't kid yourself. Wade played only TWO HEALTHY years with Shaq and he took them to ECF (where lost because of unfortunate injury, couldn't play game 6 while leading 3-2, and was limited in game 7) in 2005 and eventually won in 2006. He was injured for 2 years so you can't count those two. And 2005, 2006 Heat teams were nowhere near as stacked and talented as the Lakers of past couple of years. No way. Wade has done the most with the least.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Usage=more opportunity to be inefficient...

the efficiency stats are not affected by whatever opportunity you believe Wade has had that Kobe has not (Wade's best > Kobe's best) (see: Pau Gasol in Mem vs LAL)

See Pau in Memphis? I did. That does not help your case. His 3 years statistically with the Lakers have been far greater than the 3 best years he had with Memphis. And these three years with the Lakers, still do not add up to Shaqs three years with the Heat

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Don't kid yourself. Wade played only TWO HEALTHY years with Shaq and he took them to ECF (where lost because of unfortunate injury, couldn't play game 6 while leading 3-2, and was limited in game 7) in 2005 and eventually won in 2006. He was injured for 2 years so you can't count those two. And 2005, 2006 Heat teams were nowhere near as stacked and talented as the Lakers of past couple of years. No way. Wade has done the most with the least.

Stacked talent of the Lakers? Okay, lets look at that assumption. Lets go position by position for the title they won in 09. Derek Fisher. Probably the bottom five in starting point guards in the league. Trevor Ariza had been traded by two teams at the time (now three) and was considered a one dimensional player. He was begged by his college coach to leave the program and go to the pros. Pau Gasol, who was a top 15 NBA talent, very skilled offensively, but considered soft his whole career. Not a very good defender. Andrew Bynum has good potential, but can never stay on the court. They won that championship in spite of his horrid play because he was once again, playing on one knee. Lamar Odom is not a great starter , but is a stud to have coming off the bench. Luke Walton, bla. Shannon Brown is a journeymen. And Farmer has some decent game, but nothing worth writing home about.

As a matter of fact, if you take Kobe off that team, they are the Memphis Grizzlies who went 40- 42 this year. Player for player, they played to about the same efficiency as the Lakers did who won 65 games that year.

Player PER

2 Pau Gasol 22.2
3 Andrew Bynum 20.0
4 Lamar Odom 16.6
5 Trevor Ariza 15.5
6 Shannon Brown 15.0
8 Sasha Vujacic 12.6
9 Derek Fisher 12.1
11 Luke Walton 11.3
13 Josh Powell 9.9
14 Jordan Farmar 9.9

1 Zach Randolph 21.2
2 Marc Gasol 19. 9
3 Rudy Gay 16.2
4 O.J. Mayo 14.6
5 Mike Conley 13.8
6 Thabeet 12. 8
7 Sam Young 13.0
8 Carroll 8.5
9 Darrell Arthur 10.5

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-19-2010, 02:00 PM

Kobe has been injured these past two years as well. Some of the main pieces on his team have been hurt too. Should we not count the year they lost because Bynum was hurt? Wade is always going to be hurt. Thats what happens when you can not rely on a jumpshot. You have to take it to the rim everytime. It increases your risk of injury, and shortens your career. Dont hold it against Kobe for developing his game to where he does not need to play so reckless.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-19-2010, 08:49 PM
One last thing I always like to factor into account when doing a player debate is look at strength of schedule. There is a reason Boise State cant get a number one ranking in college football. Its because they win and put up big numbers against inferior competition. There is a reason that Roy Halladay never threw a no hitter his whole career in the American league, and threw two in one year in the National league with one being in the playoffs. There is a reason the computers in the BCS ranking system take into account who you play when they judge how good of a team you really are.

Well, I do that for basketball players. Any point, rebound, assist, steal, block, or overall accumulation of a positive or negative stat, is weighed differently when it is obtained when a player does it against a eastern or western conference opponent. Because the East has been so horrid from top to bottom for much of the 2000's, and horrid after the top 3 teams for several years, I take what any player produces out of that conference with a grain of salt. In this case, numbers should definitely be given different weight.