PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal, Bryant, Garnett, Nowitzki, Allen, Pierce, Carter: NBA All-Time Scoring List

ko8e24
10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
By the end of the 2010-2011 NBA regular season, all 8 of these guys will end up in the top 30 in the all-time NBA regular season scoring list. Also, all of these guys will be active NBA players with 20,000+ pts for regular season career points.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_all_time_leaders/AllTimeLeadersPTSQuery.html?topic=4&stat=1

Currently, this is where each man stands during the 2010-2011 NBA regular season.

5. Shaquille O'Neal (Boston Celtics): 28,590 pts
Former teams-Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers

6. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers): 27,423 pts
Former teams-N/A

22. Kevin Garnett (Boston Celtics): 23,056 pts
Former teams-Minnesota Timberwolves

23. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks): 22,352 pts
Former teams-N/A

25. Ray Allen (Boston Celtics): 21,034 pts
Former teams-Milwaukee Bucks, Seattle Supersonics

29. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs): 21,475 pts
Former teams-N/A

30. Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics): 21,066 pts
Former teams-N/A

Currently Below 30

Vince Carter (Phoenix Suns): 20,294 pts
Former teams-Toronto Raptors, New Jersey Nets, Orlando Magic

Let's give it up for all these guys and applaud their contributions to the game and the longevity of each individual and being able to sustain a level of excellence. :clap:

Rego247
10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
all are HOF except for one, ;)

mightybosstone
10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Shaq is likely done, no way he gets any higher on that list, though he can still reach 30,000 possibly. Kobe could potentially get as high as sixth on that list this season, and depending on how far he's willing to go, I could see him one day supplanting MJ for third on the list. Dirk is the only other guy who I can see potentially making a significant dent on that list, as he still puts up solid scoring numbers and, at 32, still has maybe 3-4 more good seasons left in him. He'll likely reach the 25,000 mark and possibly even break into the top 10.

ko8e24
10-11-2010, 07:38 PM
all are HOF except for one, ;)

lol, let me guess, Vince?

davids22
10-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Shaq is the greatest center of the modern era, maybe even ever. For sure since the 3-point line came and changed the game. Love watching the guy play. Did you guys see that nasty dunk he layed from the Rondo assist the other night?

Geargo Wallace
10-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Good job erryone!... Boooooouuurrrrrrrrrrrns to VC though.

llemon
10-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I applaud many of them

lakers4sho
10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
If Kobe can average 24ppg until 2014, playing an average of 60 games per season, here is how his point total will break down:

24 ppg x 60 games = 1440 points per season
1440 pps x 4 seasons = 5760 total points
25,790 + 5760 = 31,550 points

which puts him in 4th behind MJ and above Wilt.

I gave him a lot of leeway there, I expect him to surpass both conditions with considerable ease.

Let's say Kobe averages 25 points per game playing an average of 70 games per season for the next 4 years, which again should be manageable given his work ethic.

25 x 70 = 1750
1750 x 4 = 7000
25,790 + 7000 = 32,790

which puts him at 3rd place.

Kobe will be 36 when his contract expires in 2014. Honestly I can only see him possibly playing NBA basketball for 2 more years at most.

If he can average 20 points per game playing 60 games both years.

20 x 60 x 2 = 2400

which is quite short of the necessary points to overtake The Mailman

In short, I can see Kobe finishing 3rd in the scoring list by the time he retires. I doubt he is even concerned about this at all, but it definitely would be awesome to have him in the top 3.

I posted that in the Laker forum.

ko8e24
10-11-2010, 07:58 PM
To be fair to Vince, he did have a good 2000-2001 campaign with the Raptors, and led them to 1 win away from reaching the Eastern Conference Finals that year. And he did bring the slam dunk contest back when he dominated in fashion in Oakland 2000. So from all of that, yes, he has contributed to the game of basketball in the last decade or so of the NBA.

BirdIsTheWord
10-11-2010, 07:59 PM
^^Nice. Ray Allen should pass Reggie Miller this year for most 3-pointers too

Hawkeye15
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
KG and Shaq may very well finish in the top 10 of all time in rebounds as well.

Super.
10-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Pretty sweet

Bruno
10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
This era of players is the first generation (mid-late 90's draftees) who was I was personally able to watch grown from their beginning until now. I caught the Jordan, Hakeem, Robinson, Miller, Ewing, Barkley, Payton, Malone/Stockton, Drexler generation towards the end of their careers.

I feel lucky to have watched this generation grow, and it's good to see them start to make serious dents in the record books. 8 of the top 30 scorers of all time is a pretty damn good percentage of players from one generation. Watching them age is sad, but with time comes new players and new potential. I'll officially consider myself a veteran NBA fan when this generation retires.

I hope all of them continue to climb up the record books.

*This list doesn't mention Iverson who is also top 17.

macc
10-11-2010, 08:50 PM
To all the Vince Carter haters, realize you are in the minority. PSD posters just love bashing players who are on the downhill of their prime. I've never understood that. People see other posters bash them and just follow suit like sheep since player bashing is the "trendy" thing to do.

What has Vince done thats so bad? Besides be one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game. Its not all his fault he got put on some bad teams. When you're one game away from getting to the Finals and the 2nd best player on your team is Antonio Davis. I think that's pretty good. Same goes with AI. Makes it to the finals with people like Aaron McKie, Eric Snow. AI revolutionized basketball with his game play and style. You make fun it now, but how many people copied AI's look and game? How many people watched the games because he was playing. How exciting would Philly of been to watch if it wasn't for AI playing there.

Then you got Shaq. Arguably the most dominant player to ever play the game. Yet you see psd posters bashing him on a daily basis because he's not what he once was. Shaq is the oldest player in the NBA right now and he can still contribute effectively.

Instead of always bash these greats, you should appreciate them and what they've given the NBA.

So I will say it again. All you "haters" out there who love to bash guys outside their prime. You are in the minority. It just looks like you're not because you see other posters say the same weak ****. Just saying....

End rant.

llemon
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
To be fair to Vince, he did have a good 2000-2001 campaign with the Raptors, and led them to 1 win away from reaching the Eastern Conference Finals that year. And he did bring the slam dunk contest back when he dominated in fashion in Oakland 2000. So from all of that, yes, he has contributed to the game of basketball in the last decade or so of the NBA.

Who was the guy that missed the potential game-winning and playoff advancing jumpshot at the buzzer for the Raptors?

Geargo Wallace
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
To all the Vince Carter haters, realize you are in the minority. PSD posters just love bashing players who are on the downhill of their prime. I've never understood that. People see other posters bash them and just follow suit like sheep since player bashing is the "trendy" thing to do.

What has Vince done thats so bad? Besides be one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game. Its not all his fault he got put on some bad teams. When you're one game away from getting to the Finals and the 2nd best player on your team is Antonio Davis. I think that's pretty good. Same goes with AI. Makes it to the finals with people like Aaron McKie, Eric Snow. AI revolutionized basketball with his game play and style. You make fun it now, but how many people copied AI's look and game? How many people watched the games because he was playing. How exciting would Philly of been to watch if it wasn't for AI playing there.

Then you got Shaq. Arguably the most dominant player to ever play the game. Yet you see psd posters bashing him on a daily basis because he's not what he once was. Shaq is the oldest player in the NBA right now and he can still contribute effectively.

Instead of always bash these greats, you should appreciate them and what they've given the NBA.

So I will say it again. All you "haters" out there who love to bash guys outside their prime. You are in the minority. It just looks like you're not because you see other posters say the same weak ****. Just saying....

End rant.

UMMMMMMMMM... AI had the year's best rebounder in Mutombo at 13.5 a game. Not to mention the best shotblocker in the league in Theo Ratliff. But then again noone's really hating on AI in this thread YET.

When it comes to VC, US Raptor fans have all the right to hate on that asking to be traded after resigning and admitting he wasn't trying *****-*** *****. If you were a Toronto fan you'd understand. I'm pretty sure there's quite a few Nets fans that aren't too happy with the guy either.

ko8e24
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM

If you recall, last yr, I made a similar thread, and I included AI.

This year, not so much. He is not an active NBA player. No NBA team wants to sign him. He's gonna end up playing in Turkey this year, and I don't foresee a situation where he makes a comeback to the NBA in the future. So to me, Allen Iverson is officially retired from the NBA.

macc
10-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Who was the guy that missed the potential game-winning and playoff advancing jumpshot at the buzzer for the Raptors?

Ok so lets hold the fact that he missed a game winning shot in higher reguard then carrying his team to the ECF with little to no help. Give me a break.

Bruno
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM
If you recall, last yr, I made a similar thread, and I included AI.

This year, not so much. He is not an active NBA player. No NBA team wants to sign him. He's gonna end up playing in Turkey this year, and I don't foresee a situation where he makes a comeback to the NBA in the future. So to me, Allen Iverson is officially retired from the NBA.

Right. I don' know if he'll return either but I felt like you can't talk about this generations best scorers without mentioning his name- active or not.

llemon
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Ok so lets hold the fact that he missed a game winning shot in higher reguard then carrying his team to the ECF with little to no help. Give me a break.

A) that wasn't the ECF

B) Toronto had a pretty good team, but Oakley had to call out Vince for being a punk to light a fire under him.

C) Do you remember where he was the morning of that game? He was making his mommy happy while letting down his team.

But that is what Vince does best. Lets down his team.

Geargo Wallace
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
A) that wasn't the ECF

B) Toronto had a pretty good team, but Oakley had to call out Vince for being a punk to light a fire under him.

C) Do you remember where he was the morning of that game? He was making his mommy happy while letting down his team.

But that is what Vince does best. Lets down his team.

And that's why he's always gonna' get the **** booed out of him every time he comes to T.O.

mynameismo
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Right. I don' know if he'll return either but I felt like you can't talk about this generations best scorers without mentioning his name- active or not.

Felt the same way. Too bad for him really.. I was a fan.

Congratualtions to the guys in the list. They really revolutionized the League in terms of talent and versatility.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-12-2010, 06:29 AM
i would really love to see AI back in the nba this year and actually be really productive. he was one of the most prolific scorers of this generation of players and it truley is sad to see his career end this way. if him and tmac were to make successful comebacks this year it would be great for the nba in my opinion for the "old" guys to show up some of the up and coming "new" stars.

that being said this list will change a lot this season. by the end of kobes career he will have a big chance at surpassing Kareem.

Hawkeye15
10-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Iverson will never be productive in the NBA again. His athletic ability has become league average, and being 5'11" without an effective outside shot will not allow him to play at a high level anymore.

hvg
10-12-2010, 10:50 AM
This got me thinking about what the current generation of players will finish around. I ran some projections (yeah, slow day at work) and this is what I came up with for the top 4 scorers (James, Durant, Wade, Anthony).

Player / projected career points / expected standing:
Lebron / 34.3k / 3
Durant / 32.0k / 6 (assuming Kobe's 4)
Wade / 23.6k / 19
Anthony / 29.6k / 8

I'm assuming that all these players will be in their primes until 32 and will play until 36. I also assumed their games / year will be 90% of what they've averaged so far (since they'll be getting older).

If anyone's interested, this is what I assumed for PPG (prime / post-prime):
James: 26 / 22
Durant: 28 / 22
Wade: 26 / 22
Carmelo: 28 / 22
(since James and Wade will likely play with each other for several years)

Obviously, you can never tell what happens with injuries, trades etc but I think it's interesting that 3 current players are en route to top 10 positions.

Hawkeye15
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
This got me thinking about what the current generation of players will finish around. I ran some projections (yeah, slow day at work) and this is what I came up with for the top 4 scorers (James, Durant, Wade, Anthony).

Lebron / 34.3k / 3
Wade / 23.6k / 19
Anthony / 29.6k / 8

I'm assuming that all these players will be in their primes until 32 and will play until 36. I also assumed their games / year will be 90% of what they've averaged so far (since they'll be getting older).

Obviously, you can never tell what happens with injuries, trades etc but I think it's interesting that 3 current players are en route to top 10 positions.

did you factor in 6 years of reduced scoring loads for both LeBron and Wade? Just curious

hvg
10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
did you factor in 6 years of reduced scoring loads for both LeBron and Wade? Just curious

Kinda. I have them averaging 26ppg in their primes which is below their averages for the last 2-3 years. I think that's fair though I could see one of them sliding into the 24-25 range.

Hawkeye15
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Kinda. I have them averaging 26ppg in their primes which is below their averages for the last 2-3 years. I think that's fair though I could see one of them sliding into the 24-25 range.

agreed

GodsSon
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
This era of players is the first generation (mid-late 90's draftees) who was I was personally able to watch grown from their beginning until now. I caught the Jordan, Hakeem, Robinson, Miller, Ewing, Barkley, Payton, Malone/Stockton, Drexler generation towards the end of their careers.

I feel lucky to have watched this generation grow, and it's good to see them start to make serious dents in the record books. 8 of the top 30 scorers of all time is a pretty damn good percentage of players from one generation. Watching them age is sad, but with time comes new players and new potential. I'll officially consider myself a veteran NBA fan when this generation retires.

I hope all of them continue to climb up the record books.

Yep, we certainly aren't getting any younger :( lol

HoopsDrive
10-12-2010, 01:04 PM
And that's why he's always gonna' get the **** booed out of him every time he comes to T.O.

Lemme know how it works out. Oh, wait... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXjo2TdjRE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxYCyijHps

I'm a Raps fan and I could care less that he asked to be traded and whatnot. He put us on the ****ing map.

carter15
10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
UMMMMMMMMM... AI had the year's best rebounder in Mutombo at 13.5 a game. Not to mention the best shotblocker in the league in Theo Ratliff. But then again noone's really hating on AI in this thread YET.

When it comes to VC, US Raptor fans have all the right to hate on that asking to be traded after resigning and admitting he wasn't trying *****-*** *****. If you were a Toronto fan you'd understand. I'm pretty sure there's quite a few Nets fans that aren't too happy with the guy either.

This is actually what went down...

In early January 2005, when asked by TNT's John Thompson if he always pushed himself as hard as he should, Carter replied, "In years past, no. I was fortunate to have the talent. You get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it."[21] Though Carter's comments were perceived by Raptors fans as his confession to not giving his all as a Raptor,[22] Thompson said the comments were misinterpreted, saying, "That boy never said to me, 'Coach, I just laid down and quit.' ...I was embarrassed and felt awful about it for his sake, because I knew what he was communicating to me. I think he was more expressing a desire of wanting to do better, as we all do."[23] Despite Thompson's defense, the Toronto Star's Dave Feschuk wrote that Carter "cheated on (the Raptors). He quit on the floor.",[24]

There as difference between not trying and looking back and saying I could have done more. Obviously people have taken this comment and ran with it and continually bashed Vince for it.

Geargo Wallace
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Lemme know how it works out. Oh, wait... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXjo2TdjRE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxYCyijHps

I'm a Raps fan and I could care less that he asked to be traded and whatnot. He put us on the ****ing map.

That putting us on the map BS doesn't mean ****.

llemon
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
There as difference between not trying and looking back and saying I could have done more. Obviously people have taken this comment and ran with it and continually bashed Vince for it.

I bash Vince not for what he said, but how he plays.

It oft times seems as though Vince is not trying, as I witnessed when he was a Net, and last season as a member of the Magic.

I didn't pay much attention to him when he was a Raptor.

Geargo Wallace
10-12-2010, 04:00 PM
This is actually what went down...

I seem to remember his play being lackluster in his last year and a half here. Him not driving as much, settling for 3's all the time, but still taking a ton of shots every game. Also tipping off the Sonics about the play being run for him on a potential game-winning shot. Or maybe him saying he doesn't want to dunk ever again. There's a long list of his BS we had to deal with when it comes to VC.

But the whole not-trying thing is still pretty annoying. The fact that he gets a $94 million contract to do ****-all in the offseason is ridiculous. When you get paid that kind of cash and don't work on your game or stay in shape in the offseason, what right do you have to criticize the team that has been put around you?

Even if VC was taken out of context, I still think it was pretty obvious that he gave up on the Raptors.

carter15
10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Well whoever hates him will hate him no matter what happens at this point. But he went through a spell of injuries and obviously with that will come a decline in his play. If it didn't end in VC demanding a trade, fans wouldn't care about all that little crap you mentioned, but it had to end, wasn't working with the Raps anymore. He needed to start fresh.

HoopsDrive
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
That putting us on the map BS doesn't mean ****.

Maybe not for people like you who are still bitter by what went down. It's a shame though, VC was the single best thing to have ever happened to the Raptors.

I hope for the sake of the franchise that those morons at the ACC don't start booing Bosh just because he joined Miami this summer. It's bad enough that we lose games due to the booing (ironic isn't it?) but we also reflect a terrible image to the rest of the NBA.

llemon
10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope for the sake of the franchise that those morons at the ACC don't start booing Bosh just because he joined Miami this summer. It's bad enough that we lose games due to the booing (ironic isn't it?) but we also reflect a terrible image to the rest of the NBA.

Hell, booing shows you care. Imagine paying good money to attend an NBA game and not being able to boo a player that you feel has betrayed your team.

Bosh should be booed everywhere he plays except Miami, as he stated he was playing with the NBA fans' emotions during the free agency period, as he knew where he was going to play already.

HoopsDrive
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Hell, booing shows you care. Imagine paying good money to attend an NBA game and not being able to boo a player that you feel has betrayed your team.

Bosh should be booed everywhere he plays except Miami, as he stated he was playing with the NBA fans' emotions during the free agency period, as he knew where he was going to play already.

They can boo anyone they want but why restrict the level of intensity to just one player like they do with VC? If you're going to boo to help your team and show support you have to boo everyone no matter who it is. When VC had the ball he was booed like crazy but when he passed to any other guy things suddenly went reaaaaal quiet. The special treatment that VC got only helped us lose games in the process.

Hangtime
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Congrats to all those guys. Much respect to them all. It's a great accomplishment to crack the 20000 pt club in your career.

ko8e24
11-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Updated!!!!

Hustlenomics
11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Vince Carter is pretty close to 20,000

ko8e24
11-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Vince Carter is pretty close to 20,000

Not if he stays injured. The guy just can't stay healthy. Shame!

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2010, 02:24 AM
give me kareem over shaq anyday. or heck, even hakeem or dwight.

i need a player who can be counted on in crunch time without being fouled out or not being able to shoot free throws.

John Walls Era
11-26-2010, 04:12 AM
give me kareem over shaq anyday. or heck, even hakeem or dwight.

i need a player who can be counted on in crunch time without being fouled out or not being able to shoot free throws.

:pity:

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2010, 04:17 AM
:pity:

alright maybe i exaggerated. lol. :p

edit: mainly because dwights my 2nd fav player behind kb24 hahaha ;)

Bausman
11-26-2010, 04:37 AM
Where's Mike James?

niketas
11-26-2010, 10:25 AM

Lebron / 34.3k / 3
Wade / 23.6k / 19
Anthony / 29.6k / 8

I like the calculation but disagree with Carmelo avg. 28 ppg its more like 24.
Will be interesting to see if SGs and SFs can score 22 after their prime.

ko8e24
01-05-2011, 04:12 AM
UPDATED

The great Kobe Bryant has cracked the top-10 in all-time NBA scoring!

ko8e24
01-22-2011, 04:44 PM
With Vince Carter cracking 20K milestone, there are 8 current players in the NBA that have scored atleast 20K for their careers. 6 of those 8 are in the top 30 in all-time NBA Scoring.

numba1CHANGsta
01-22-2011, 05:00 PM
The whole coming out of high school and out of college early is the main reason why so many players are scoring high now these days, it means they are in the league longer which means more total points

LA_Raiders
01-22-2011, 06:39 PM
And to see those player playing at a high level. Amazing...

xbrackattackx
01-22-2011, 06:44 PM
VC haters are just bitter Nets and Raptors fans.

And that is sad.

He made the Dunk Contest Watchable again and he dunk over a guy in the USA game come on.

And to the 2010 poster said "I don't give a **** if he put us on the map" Well you should, no one was buying raps tickets until it was the Vince and Mcgrady show. Who was your franchise guy before Damon Stat? IF they hadn't got Vince and Mcgrady they would prob have the same attendance the Vancouver Grizz had.Get what I am saying? And If you wanna argue I can show you raps ticket sale graphs which indicate that they where at an all time high with those two.

superkegger
01-22-2011, 06:44 PM

End rant.

What bugs me about Vince, is while he was really good, he could have been great. He had the talent and athleticism to be great, but he just never took it to the next level. That's what bugs me mostly, is that he left something on the table so to speak.

TheLaRagers
01-22-2011, 07:07 PM
By the end of the 2010-2011 NBA regular season, all 8 of these guys will end up in the top 30 in the all-time NBA regular season scoring list. Also, all of these guys will be active NBA players with 20,000+ pts for regular season career points.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_all_time_leaders/AllTimeLeadersPTSQuery.html?topic=4&stat=1

Currently, this is where each man stands entering the 2010-2011 NBA regular season.

5. Shaquille O'Neal (Boston Celtics): 28,582 pts
Former teams-Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers

9. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers): 26,913 pts
Former teams-N/A

22. Kevin Garnett (Boston Celtics): 22,767 pts
Former teams-Minnesota Timberwolves

24. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks): 21,883 pts
Former teams-N/A

27. Ray Allen (Boston Celtics): 21,692 pts
Former teams-Milwaukee Bucks, Seattle Supersonics

29. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs): 21,232 pts
Former teams-N/A

Currently Below #30th all-time

Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics): 20,702 pts
Former teams-N/A

Vince Carter (Phoenix Suns): 20,035 pts

Let's give it up for all these guys and applaud their contributions to the game and the longevity of each individual and being able to sustain a level of excellence. :clap:
Agreed!

blastmasta26
01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
What bugs me about Vince, is while he was really good, he could have been great. He had the talent and athleticism to be great, but he just never took it to the next level. That's what bugs me mostly, is that he left something on the table so to speak.
Agreed. I've never bashed Vince, he used to even be one of my favorite players, but he just frustrated me at times. He could've been an all-time great, sadly he won't be.

ko8e24
02-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Updated!!!

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-27-2011, 03:06 AM
nice nice..good for all of them.

AIRMAR72
02-27-2011, 04:27 AM
Iverson will never be productive in the NBA again. His athletic ability has become league average, and being 5'11" without an effective outside shot will not allow him to play at a high level anymore.
im not a iverson fan due his selfish style of play but i give credit when its due allan iverson is the 2nd best scorer THAT IVE SEEN to play in da history of da NBA, DUDE bring it every nite WILL AND EFFORT a true superstar allan iverson da fastest man i ever seen to dribble da ball on da court fallow by mugsy and micheal adams and a young jason kidd i believe he can still play you never lose your skills it more about stamina and effort at a older age

Trace
02-27-2011, 04:57 AM
VC haters are just bitter Nets and Raptors fans.

And that is sad.

He made the Dunk Contest Watchable again and he dunk over a guy in the USA game come on.

And to the 2010 poster said "I don't give a **** if he put us on the map" Well you should, no one was buying raps tickets until it was the Vince and Mcgrady show. Who was your franchise guy before Damon Stat? IF they hadn't got Vince and Mcgrady they would prob have the same attendance the Vancouver Grizz had.Get what I am saying? And If you wanna argue I can show you raps ticket sale graphs which indicate that they where at an all time high with those two.

Don't think we would be as bad as Vancouver. Our population is far larger and Toronto fans have been through years of disappointment. Doesn't matter.

Also
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/1996.html

We had the third highest attendance in the league during our inaugural season.

whitemamba33
02-27-2011, 11:45 AM
lol I HOPE people aren't trying to claim that VC deserves a spot in the HOF.

I HOPE.

nycericanguy
02-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Makes you realize how great MJ was, Kobe has already played more games than him and is still nowhere near him points wise.

If MJ hadn't retired twice he could have possibly been the all time leading scorer.

nycericanguy
02-27-2011, 11:58 AM
The whole coming out of high school and out of college early is the main reason why so many players are scoring high now these days, it means they are in the league longer which means more total points

but theres a downside to that also,

1) most players that come out of college are not big time scorers for a couple of years.

2)these guys seem to burn out faster, NBA seasons are much longer and harder than college seasons.

joeboow90
02-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Im glad i got to see these guys play they'll be remembered for a long time. All of them are Hof imo..Ray Allen is one of my favorite players ever, hes one of the best shooters of all-time and a great all-around player.

Shaq one of the best big men of all-time, hes a definite hall of famer. Kobe's a hall of famer no doubt. Garnett has been an elite player in this league for like 15 years definitely one of the best PF's ever. Nowitzki is the best International player to ever play in the NBA, he could be in the top 10 all-time scoring when hes done. he's been amazing, kinda like Ichiro in baseball

BkOriginalOne
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM
If only Iverson were still playing.

Hustlenomics
02-27-2011, 03:24 PM
^ + 1 he would have went up this list and still got hated on

Bucs4eva
02-27-2011, 04:46 PM

you, my friend, are dumb

ko8e24
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
UPDATED!!!

The Great Kobe Bryant surpasses the legendary Moses Malone for 6th on the NBA's All-time Regular Season Scoring List.

still1ballin
03-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Next year he will surpass Shaq!

bholly
03-09-2011, 12:44 AM
By the end of the 2010-2011 NBA regular season, all 8 of these guys will end up in the top 30 in the all-time NBA regular season scoring list.

Vince Carter (Phoenix Suns): 20,294 pts

You think VC will score the 1292 points he needs in 21 games?

Edit: Just noticed that this is an old thread. Nevermind.

Bruno
03-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Makes you realize how great MJ was, Kobe has already played more games than him and is still nowhere near him points wise.

If MJ hadn't retired twice he could have possibly been the all time leading scorer.

MJ is 6,095 points behind KAJ. He would have had to have put up over 3,000 points for both of those seasons.

MJ was capable of putting up 3,000, he did it once in '87 (3,041 points), but he wouldn't have been able to do it during the years he missed in the mid 90's. His '87 campaign was especially impressive, probably the greatest individual scoring year, when adjusted for pace (along with Wilts '62 and Bryants '06). He would have gotten 2,500 easy, but not 3,000. Those extra 500 points a season would have been the kicker.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

I also agree w/ the first part of your post, but you gotta remember that Bryants first 150 games were off the bench, playing low mintues. If you wana see the best stat displaying Jordans scoring dominance, just look at the all time leaders of points scored in the playoffs. Nobody touches MJs per game averages there.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_career_p.html

Bruno
03-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Congrats to Kobe :clap:. Great accomplishment.

Sportfan
03-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Vince Carter won't make top 30 next year. He's 36th and needs with Pierce/KG there, needs to beat out Greer's points to get in. he's well over 1000 points off.

btw, anyone wanna take a guess on who the next highest active player is on the list? Without cheating :no:

Answer below
Antwan Jamison

Sportfan
03-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Where do you guys think Dirk finishes his career at? He's capable of 2000 a season