PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com GM Survey

LTBaByyy
10-11-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/10/02/misc-predictions/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

This is just some of them....

Most Fun Team To Watch:

1 OKC
2 Pheonix
3 Dallas
4 Lakers
5 Miami

Which Team Has The Best Home Court Advantage:

1 Utah
2 Lakers
3 OKC

Which Player Is The Most Athletic:

1 Lebron
2 Josh Smith
3 D Wade
4 Dwight Howard
5 Russel Westbrook

Where's D Rose??

Best Pure Shooter:

1 Ray Allen
2 Kyle Korver
3 Kevin Durant

Best Passer:
1 Steve Nash
2 Chris Paul
3 Jason Kidd
4 Lebron

Best Leader

1 Steve Nash
2 Chauncey Billups
3 Kobe
4 Chris Paul
5 Tim Duncan
6 Derek Fisher
7 Jason Kidd

Best Finisher:

1 Lebron
2 D Wade
3 Kobe

Toughest Player In The NBA

1 Ron Artest
2 Kobe
3 Dwight Howard

Best IQ

1 Steve Nash
2 Kobe
3 Jason Kidd

Who Do You Want Taking The Game Winning Shot:

1 Kobe
2 Melo
3 Kevin Durant

Thoughts??

tangent12
10-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Take LeBron off that list and i'd say it is pretty accurate.

asandhu23
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
No Monta Ellis in most athletic? this is BS

Storch
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Ray Allen's "best shooter" days are over imo. He's still a great shooter but he passed the best years already.

SouthSideRookie
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
When I think of pure shooters I dont think Durant, stats probably say so, im not sure but he doesn't pop into my head when I hear pure shooters.

It's no secret that the Lakers don't have all that great of HCA, so I disagree with that.

godolphins
10-11-2010, 05:49 PM

No it won't

Sadds The Gr8
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
iggy should be on top finishers over kobe.

Shahrose
10-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Most Fun Team To Watch:

GSW

eXpLiiCt
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/10/02/misc-predictions/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Most Fun Team To Watch:

1 OKC
2 Pheonix
3 Dallas
4 Lakers
5 Miami

1 Utah
2 Lakers
3 OKC

1 Lebron
2 Josh Smith
3 D Wade
4 Dwight Howard
5 Russel Westbrook

Where's D Rose??

Best Pure Shooter:

1 Ray Allen
2 Kyle Korver Rip Hamilton
3 Kevin Durant

Best Passer:
1 Steve Nash
2 Chris Paul
3 Jason Kidd
4 Lebron

Best Leader

1 Steve Nash
2 Chauncey Billups
3 Kobe
4 Chris Paul
5 Tim Duncan
6 Derek Fisher
7 Jason Kidd

Best Finisher:

1 Lebron
2 D Wade
3 Kobe

1 Ron Artest
2 Kobe
3 Dwight Howard

Best IQ

1 Steve Nash
2 Kobe
3 Jason Kidd

1 Kobe
2 Melo
3 Kevin Durant

Thoughts??

There should be one for most quickest he'd be in there to

PraiseJesus
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I think Nash might be the best pure shooter.

A lot of Kobe on that list

Bruno
10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Ray Allen's "best shooter" days are over imo. He's still a great shooter but he passed the best years already.

He did hit seven 3's in the first half of game two of the 2010 Finals, eight total breaking the record. His shooting won Boston that game. If Ray didn't have a record breaking night the series would have been over before even going back to Boston.

bigsams50
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I think Boston should be top 3 in Home Court Advantage. No one wants to play there in the post season...no one

Bruno
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Having the Staples Center crowd in the top 5 for best home-court advantage? The Lakers are hard to beat at home because they're the best team in the NBA, not because they get any significant boost from the home-crowd.

Staples Center shouldn't even be in the top 15 for best home-crowd. Those fans don't make noise until the Finals. Which I'll admit, they did a good job of last June.

jr_3421
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Interesting survey. Although I'm not sure about the sample size. I heard Danny Ainge say he didn't take any of the surveys and he isn't sure who else did. Just something to think about.

For most athletic, I would definitely put Nate Robinson on the list and take off Westbrook. Not sure how I feel about Wade in the top 5 either.

For pure shooter, I was surprised not to see Dirk on the list.

Also most fun team to watch Miami? Someone tell these GMs that Lebron, Wade and Bosh have not played a game together yet.

Korman12
10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Nash and Dirk are, IMO the best pure shooters right now.

Korman12
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Also, and it's just me, but I find Utah and Portland insanely fun to watch.

el_primo_nano
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM

Best Leader

1 Steve Nash
2 Chauncey Billups
3 Kobe
4 Chris Paul
5 Tim Duncan
6 Derek Fisher
7 Jason Kidd

1 Kobe
2 Melo
3 Kevin Durant

Thoughts??

Lebron isnt on any of those, which is funny. I wonder why

Gators123
10-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I think Nash might be the best pure shooter.

Agree

avrpatsfan
10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Chris Paul on leadership list over KG? KG almost singlehandedly made the 2007 team gel with his leadership. I heard that Pierce used to slack off in practice before KG arrived and KG yelled at him to hustle and now he is always the best hustler in practice. That's leadership. Not a bad list.

ko8e24
10-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Having the Staples Center crowd in the top 5 for best home-court advantage? The Lakers are hard to beat at home because they're the best team in the NBA, not because they get any significant boost from the home-crowd.

Staples Center shouldn't even be in the top 15 for best home-crowd. Those fans don't make noise until the Finals. Which I'll admit, they did a good job of last June.

Maybe had some of those so-called "Lakers fans" cheered during game 4 of the 2008 NBA Finals, we wouldn't have given up that 24 pt lead. Who knows, maybe because of that one game, right now, at this moment, we could have been talking about a possible 4-peat instead of 3-peat! (Yes, I know, a bit far-fetched)

ko8e24
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Chris Paul on leadership list over KG? KG almost singlehandedly made the 2007 team gel with his leadership. I heard that Pierce used to slack off in practice before KG arrived and KG yelled at him to hustle and now he is always the best hustler in practice. That's leadership. Not a bad list.

Note 2007-2008. It is now 2010-2011 buddy. Over the last 2 yrs, KG has been on the floor 60% of the time and has been effectively about 70% of what he was 07-08. KG is still a force to be reckoned with leadership wise and defensively, but no where near his 1st season with Boston.

mavwar53
10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
There should be one for most quickest he'd be in there to

The "most" quickest, interesting :facepalm:

iFYouSeekAmy
10-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Best pure shooter should be Anthony Morrow. Fastest with the ball should be Ellis.

footballer2369
10-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Interesting survey. Although I'm not sure about the sample size. I heard Danny Ainge say he didn't take any of the surveys and he isn't sure who else did. Just something to think about.

For most athletic, I would definitely put Nate Robinson on the list and take off Westbrook. Not sure how I feel about Wade in the top 5 either.

For pure shooter, I was surprised not to see Dirk on the list.

Also most fun team to watch Miami? Someone tell these GMs that Lebron, Wade and Bosh have not played a game together yet.

They've played two preseason games....ala yes they have...

This is not pound for pound most athletic it's most athletic...Wade at 6'4" often blocks 7 footers....he is generallly in the top 20 of blocks and the top 10 in steals and always near the top of dunks...why do you think that is? because he's a good dresser?

Bulls_fan90
10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
They've played two preseason games....ala yes they have...This is not pound for pound most athletic it's most athletic...Wade at 6'4" often blocks 7 footers....he is generallly in the top 20 of blocks and the top 10 in steals and always near the top of dunks...why do you think that is? because he's a good dresser?

This article was posted October 2, before any preseason games were played. :facepalm: for you.

mrblisterdundee
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
The GM survey "This and That (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/10/02/misc-predictions/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1)," I thought, was slightly off base on the best shooter. Ray Allen is good, but Kevin Durant led the league in scoring in his third year, playing against nightly double teams. Both Durant and Allen averaged the same percentages from the field (47) and from behind the three-point line (36), but Durant had twice as many points and did it against much higher defensive pressure. Allen was then, and Durant is now.

black1605
10-11-2010, 09:27 PM
There is a thread on this on the first page.

Missing56&33
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm gonna have to agree. Ray Allen is a pure shooter. He always has been. He has a championship and many more years of experience than Durant. Durant shot is nice but its suspect coming off screens.

TylerSL
10-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Mike Miller should be right up there on the pure shooter list. The guy was 3rd last year in TS% only behind 2 bigs 1.Nene 2.Dwight. That is amazing, he should be no lower than 2.

Fireworld
10-12-2010, 01:55 AM

Most Fun Team To Watch:

1 OKC
2 Pheonix
3 Dallas
4 Lakers
5 Miami

1 Utah
2 Lakers
3 OKC

1 Lebron
2 Josh Smith
3 D Wade
4 Dwight Howard
5 Russel Westbrook

Where's D Rose??

Best Pure Shooter:

1 Ray Allen
2 Kyle Korver
3 Kevin Durant

Best Passer:
1 Steve Nash
2 Chris Paul
3 Jason Kidd
4 Lebron

Best Leader

1 Steve Nash
2 Chauncey Billups
3 Kobe
4 Chris Paul
5 Tim Duncan
6 Derek Fisher
7 Jason Kidd

Best Finisher:

1 Lebron
2 D Wade
3 Kobe

1 Ron Artest
2 Kobe
3 Dwight Howard

Best IQ

1 Steve Nash
2 Kobe
3 Jason Kidd

1 Kobe
2 Melo
3 Kevin Durant

Thoughts??

I disagree.
1- The Lakers HCA is bad, many celebrities at the game who don't care about the game.

2- I would put Kobe and Nash as the top leaders, Billups is close to them but not second. Duncan should be higher and KG should be top 6.

3- I agree with LeBron being first at finishing at the rim, but not finishing a game. Wade should be third in both categories.

4 I would put Dwight ahead of Kobe in physical toughness. Mental? Kobe is first, Nash is second, Duncan is third with respect.

Baller1
10-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Nice to see Russell get some love for his athleticism.

sunnydayin'zona
10-12-2010, 03:01 AM
good to see the nash love

Khalifa21
10-12-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm kinda surprised that both Phoenix and Dallas are ahead of Miami in the "Most exciting team to watch category".

I'd have had Miami first after everything that's happened this off season.

mohye
10-12-2010, 04:29 AM

This... been to many of laker games including the finals in 2010 and we were loud in the finals..but even in the earlier playoff games we were the casual la crowd..and forget making noise in the regular season...thats just a waste..

DoJoTheSlasher
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Dirk should be #1 in best pure shooter and should be easily #2in last second shot. Melo and Durant taking the shot over Dirk? Good luck.

VRP723
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I think some of these answers are dishonest and GM's just said what people wanted to hear. Lebron's a good passer, there's no way in hell he's the 4th best passer in basketball. Same thing with Durant and "pure shooter" There are guys that aren't half the player Durant is overall that could shoot him out of the gym.

llemon
10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
He did hit seven 3's in the first half of game two of the 2010 Finals, eight total breaking the record. His shooting won Boston that game. If Ray didn't have a record breaking night the series would have been over before even going back to Boston.

Followed game 2 with a game 3 0-for-13.

Had a 3-for-14 game 7

beasted86
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
It's kind of annoying that the OP couldn't simply quote the article and listed vote results incorrectly.

Bruno
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Followed game 2 with a game 3 0-for-13.

Had a 3-for-14 game 7

Also true. Still doesn't take away from a record breaking night.

beasted86
10-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I think some of these answers are dishonest and GM's just said what people wanted to hear. Lebron's a good passer, there's no way in hell he's the 4th best passer in basketball. Same thing with Durant and "pure shooter" There are guys that aren't half the player Durant is overall that could shoot him out of the gym.

I sure trust GMs a lot more than the average basketball fan.

The average basketball fan relies on stats for 90% of their assessments, even when they don't even understand the stat they are using to back their claim.

llemon
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Also true. Still doesn't take away from a record breaking night.

Following it with an 0-13 game kinda does.

llemon
10-12-2010, 02:40 PM

The average basketball fan relies on stats for 90% of their assessments, even when they don't even understand the stat they are using to back their claim.

When you consider some of the signings NBA GMs make, many of them don't deserve much trust.

soundjunkies2
10-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm kinda surprised that both Phoenix and Dallas are ahead of Miami in the "Most exciting team to watch category".

I'd have had Miami first after everything that's happened this off season.

I'm actually surprised Miami is in the top 5. This survey was released before any pre-season games were play and before anyone ever saw Miami play a game.

VRP723
10-12-2010, 03:22 PM

I would obviously trust a GM over a fan too, but only if I was sure the GM was being honest, not talking to the media where they obviously just say what they want to hear.

Tony_Starks
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I would really like to know who didn't vote for Kobe taking the game winner? Probably the GM's for Sacramento, Miami, Milwaukee, Memphis, and Torronto.....

jr_3421
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
They've played two preseason games....ala yes they have...

This is not pound for pound most athletic it's most athletic...Wade at 6'4" often blocks 7 footers....he is generallly in the top 20 of blocks and the top 10 in steals and always near the top of dunks...why do you think that is? because he's a good dresser?

First of all I said that I would have replaced Westbrook with Nate, not Wade. I'm just not sure about Wade because I don't watch him as much.

But even if I did think that Wade wasn't in the top five in the ENTIRE NBA, it doesn't mean I think he isn't athletic.