PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball.

Kashmir13579
10-11-2010, 04:52 PM
The College Basketball forum is like a ghost town; why is this? I find it hard to believe this site has no NCAA hoops fans. Thoughts?

tangent12
10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Not my thing. I'm more into WNBA... ultimate frisbee. That sort of thing.

Kashmir13579
10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
i added a poll.

Kashmir13579
10-11-2010, 05:47 PM
the lack of activity in here basically answers my question

chonbon
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
is it because it's pro sports daily? not college sports :P

i wish the ncaa forum was more active...

eXpLiiCt
10-11-2010, 06:04 PM
"PRO SPORTS" daily.

Kashmir13579
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
"PRO SPORTS" daily.

yea, but the college football set-up they have is far superior to the lonely college hoops forum they have.

abe_froman
10-11-2010, 06:15 PM
cuz its not college bball season yet(could be wrong,i dunno, i dont follow college)

Hawkeye15
10-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I was born in 1975. I loved college basketball until about 7-8 years ago. Kids come out so early now, the talent level in college basketball is terrible now. If you sent the top 5 teams today back to 1995, they would not even be remote contenders. I appreciate the college basketball environment, but the talent level is so lacking now compared to back when I was growing up, I don't even bother.
On top of that, Iowa sucks shizz, so I don't bother haha

lakers4sho
10-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I only "follow" March Madness.

arkanian215
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I think if folks picked up activity, it'd force them to make a more organized forum. Right now, for the number of folks who post in it regularly, it's fine.

Rivera
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
i dont mind college basketball :shrug: it has some interesting games sometimes

and dukes crowd is kinda crazy along with some other college teams crowds they be goin crazy and it kind of makes the game more exciting? :hide:

davids22
10-11-2010, 08:48 PM
It's funny because College Basketball is probably more popular then NBA to the general American public. I live on a college campus and there is way more people who are fans of college ball then NBA ball. They all give the same reasons.

"College ball has more heart"
"These kids play for no money, just to win, where in the NBA it's all about money"
"They're all thugs in the NBA who want money"

Typically like that.

I like both personally. I like the NBA more just because I feel it's easier to follow the superstars; college has SO many teams and players, it's hard to keep up. I guess it would help if I went to a school with a bigger basketball program (we're D-1 but in the Horizon League. AKA Butler just dominates every year).

Kashmir13579
10-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I was born in 1975. I loved college basketball until about 7-8 years ago. Kids come out so early now, the talent level in college basketball is terrible now. If you sent the top 5 teams today back to 1995, they would not even be remote contenders. I appreciate the college basketball environment, but the talent level is so lacking now compared to back when I was growing up, I don't even bother.

LOL, well you gotta have a team to route for. if not, why bother? i hear ya man. i am only 21 so obviously this is the only college basketball i know. i still feel the competitive level is far higher in college ball than it is in the pros (regardless of the overall skill level) so thats a plus i guess. i'm not i fan of one and done players either but can you really blame them? we'll never know what its like to be in that position. like wes johnson for example, he could've stuck around for another year and possibly won a championship. but worst case scenario, he goes down with a bad injury, he ends up never making a dime from basketball. you gotta go with the millions, but i get what your saying.

NYKalltheway
10-12-2010, 09:12 AM

Agreed with that. I love college basketball but it's not worth watching any more. You don't see the future's NBA stars there, you just watch a bunch of kids play their game and next season the best of them will be in the NBA.

No spirit left for the college game

nysportsfan02
10-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Because it's only relevant starting in March.

Corey
10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Not my thing. I'm more into WNBA... ultimate frisbee. That sort of thing.

Don't be dissing Ultimate frisbee.

WeBallin
10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I Like College ball an although kids leave early the game in college has so much parity now any team can win whch as a fan is exciting as long as MSU doesn't loose!

VinceCarter
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
It's funny because College Basketball is probably more popular then NBA to the general American public. I live on a college campus and there is way more people who are fans of college ball then NBA ball. They all give the same reasons.

"College ball has more heart"
"These kids play for no money, just to win, where in the NBA it's all about money"
"They're all thugs in the NBA who want money"

Typically like that.

I like both personally. I like the NBA more just because I feel it's easier to follow the superstars; college has SO many teams and players, it's hard to keep up. I guess it would help if I went to a school with a bigger basketball program (we're D-1 but in the Horizon League. AKA Butler just dominates every year).

This is basically why I don't waste my time watching or trying to follow college ball. How could you root for a team that changes so much so often? Not just one team too but every team. No player is going to be there for more than 4 years and some players are only there that year.

I can't follow a sport where the players are constantly changing WTF is the point?

Hellcrooner
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
The international broadcasting of it is horrible so its asically imosibel to follow.
Even the web does nto have enough info.

The leve has gone down a lot too.

The one and done thing wich palyers trying to showcase their gtalent has taken a bad effect on the team play there too wich was a main feature in it.

td0tsfinest
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I try to get in there as much as possible but the only times we ever get college games are on sundays.

Kashmir13579
10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
damn i feel sorry for a lot of you. you think the nba is more exciting? more entertaining? thats too bad man....

Ace33Bone
10-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I like college basketball a lot more than the NBA... but it just seems as though it is more to talk about in the NBA forum and much more controversy... but IMO NCAA > NBA all day

mzgrizz
10-12-2010, 10:25 PM
I'd rather go to the dentist than watch a regular season college game......too slow; too many touch fouls; painful to wait 35 seconds for some chucker to throw one up and then the refs......no thanks; I'm in a Tiger basketball town where the fans outnumber the Grizz fans 2 to 1 and I can only rationalize that fact by thinking they just don't know the game.

Rafer17
10-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Professional > Amateur

Netslunatic76
10-13-2010, 12:49 AM
This is basically why I don't waste my time watching or trying to follow college ball. How could you root for a team that changes so much so often? Not just one team too but every team. No player is going to be there for more than 4 years and some players are only there that year.

I can't follow a sport where the players are constantly changing WTF is the point?

This.

Netslunatic76
10-13-2010, 12:53 AM
damn i feel sorry for a lot of you. you think the nba is more exciting? more entertaining? thats too bad man....

The games are definitely more exciting(not sure if that's the word I'd like to use though) in college because the crowds seems way more into it. Every team, even the crappy ones, have a lot of support, but college ball definitely isn't more entertaining. There are so many teams in college(most complete crap), it seems like every other game is a blowout. March Madness is a different story though.

jimbobjarree
10-13-2010, 12:58 AM
lets go red raiders

Mplsman
10-13-2010, 02:17 AM
All NBA.