PDA

View Full Version : Rank your team's players in order from best defender to worst defender

JordansBulls
10-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Rank your team's players in order from best defender to worst defender

NBAfan47
10-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Man, too much work. Just do it for top 5 defenders. Would be easier.

lakers4sho
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Ron Artest
Matt Barnes
Kobe Bryant

Theo Ratliff
Andrew Bynum

everyone else

TO Rapz
10-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Raptors, Raptors Mascot, Jay Triano, Patrick O Bryant, Calderon..

Korman12
10-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Sixers starters:

Iguodala,
Holiday,
Brand,
Turner,
Young

Other bench notables; Hawes and Kapono are two of the worst defensive players in the game.

JakeDelbreezy
10-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Bobcats starters-Gerald Wallace, S-Jax, Tyrus Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, DJ Augustin

ManRam
10-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Howard
Pietrus
Gortat
Duhon
Bass
Lewis
Anderson
Carter
Q
Redick
Nelson
Williams

Stanley and Orton will be solid defenders.

It's amazing how this group of poor individual defenders turns into a top 3-5 defensive team year in and year out, all because of the man at the top. Besides those first three, I wouldn't say anyone on Orlando is a good/great defender.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Great:
1 Artest
2 KObe
Very Good:
3 Pau
4 Bynum
6 Barnes
Good:
7 Odom
8 Brown
9 Ratliff
OK:
10 Blake
Suck :
11 Fisher.
Suck Beyond any reaseonable measuer:
12 Walton
13 Sasha

I still dont know bout the rookies

Khalifa21
10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Ronny Turiaf
Wilson Chandler
Kelenna Azubuike
Anthony Randolph
Raymond Felton
Danilo Gallinari
Toney Douglas
Amar'e Stoudemire
Roger Mason
Bill Walker
Eddy Curry

NYtilIdie
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Douglas
Chandler
Azu
Felton
Turiaf
Randolph
Mozgov
Walker
Gallo
STAT

JWO35
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
1st- Ben Wallace
2nd- Tayshaun Prince

Last- The Rest

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Artest
Barnes
Ratliff
Bryant
Bynum
Odom
Gasol
Ebanks
Fisher
Character
Brown
Blake
Sasha
Walton

Hawkeye15
10-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I can't think of a good Wolves defender, if basing off last year or before. Milicic is ok

Hellcrooner
10-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I can't think of a good Wolves defender, if basing off last year or before. Milicic is ok

Rubio :D

MIlicic is Ok, so is love.

And i expect YOur rookie center from europe to do weell too.

29$JerZ
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Toney Douglas
Timofey Mozgov
Anthony Randolph
Ronny Turiaf
Kelenna Azubuike
Raymond Felton
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Amar'e Stoudemire
Roger Mason
Andy Rautins
Landry Fields
Billy Walker
Eddy Curry

Avenged
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
1. Artest
2. Kobe
3. Barnes
4. Bynum
5. Odom

blacknell
10-10-2010, 03:59 PM
kidd- nobody else

AI4MVP
10-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Earl Clark
Grant Hill
Josh Childress(ahead of Jared Dudley because he has more athletic ability to block shots and can guard more positions)
Jared Dudley
Robin Lopez
Jason Richardson
Goran Dragic
Hakim Warrick
Hedo Turkoglu(ahead of Channing Frye because Hedo can guard more postitions then Channing can)
Channing Frye
Steve Nash

To be honest, i dont think any of those players are BAD defenders except for Nash, and maybe Hedo for his position. Overall i think its a good defensive squad

P.S.: Gani Lawal will be at the top of this list eventually, but i havent seen enough of him to be able to put him on this list.

alencp3
10-10-2010, 04:13 PM

Pekovic was great defender in Europe , he should be too in Nba but he will have foul troubles at the beggining
And yeah Rubio will be elite defender if he ever plays for Wolves

dob_telescope
10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Portland Trail Blazers

Oden (When Healthy)
Batum
Matthews
Camby
Roy
Pyrzbilla
Aldridge
Miller
Cunningham
Bayless
Fernandez

td0tsfinest
10-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Raptors, Raptors Mascot, Jay Triano, Patrick O Bryant, Calderon..

LMAO. POB isn't on the team anymore, so Jose is a little higher ;)

Hawkeye15
10-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Pekovic was great defender in Europe , he should be too in Nba but he will have foul troubles at the beggining
And yeah Rubio will be elite defender if he ever plays for Wolves

yep, Pekovic will suffer through a lot of foul trouble early. Wesley Johnson and Martell Webster appear to be good defenders so far, but I can't gauge them until the real season starts.

RenegadeRiot36
10-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Good/OK:
Anderson Varejao
JJ Hickson
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon

Horrible:
Mo Williams
Daniel Gibson
Pretty Much anyone else

Gators123
10-10-2010, 04:37 PM
1st- Ben Wallace
2nd- Tayshaun Prince

Last- The Rest

This

Kashmir13579
10-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Toney Douglas, Andy Rautins, Randolph, Turiaf, Mosgov, everyone else.

Baller1
10-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Sefalosha
Ibaka
Westbrook
Durant
Collison
Harden
Green

We'll see how Aldrich fits in that list.

mrblisterdundee
10-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Blazers:

1. Brandon Roy
2. Nicolas Batum

The Rest are injured.

Mavrix
10-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Shawn Marion
Brendan Haywood
Jason Kidd
Tyson Chandler
Caron Butler

1-800-STFU
10-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Out of the main rotation players...

Brewer
Noah
Deng
Gibson
Boozer
Rose
Korver

kblo247
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Artest (the best and most committed defender)
Kobe (the best combo defender against speed and strength)
Barnes (is good against athletic players but lacks against big beasts)
Pau - Odom - Bynum (Lamar is the better rebounder, help defender, and pick and roll guy of the 3. Andrew is the best defender when it comes to protecting the basket and playing one on one post D. Gasol isn't as good at one particular area as LO or Drew, but he can do a bit of what both of them do)
Fisher - Blake (Steve is better against speed and guarding against the dribble. Derek handles bulky guards like Deron better and runs through screens when dealing with guys like Ray Allen well)
Theo (rebounding lacks but he is a hell of a shot blocker at is age )
Sasha (a gnat that will follow you like your shadow, but he gets over emotional)
Walton (for all his faults, when healthy he gets into the bigger SFs like Melo, Pierce, KD, and Gay as well as anyone over the years. Hardly ever healthy though)
Brown (has the best god given tools but lacks the discipline and awareness to make proper rotations and trail his guy when they don't have the ball, and he regularly struggles against post up players)

Ebanks and Caracter aren't ranked because they haven't played a regular season game.

daleja424
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
dwyane wade
lebron james
udonis haslem
joel anthony
patrick beverly
chris bosh
mike miller
mario chalmers

Avenged
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Artest (the best and most committed defender)
Kobe (the best combo defender against speed and strength)
Barnes (is good against athletic players but lacks against big beasts)
Pau - Odom - Bynum (Lamar is the better rebounder, help defender, and pick and roll guy of the 3. Andrew is the best defender when it comes to protecting the basket and playing one on one post D. Gasol isn't as good at one particular area as LO or Drew, but he can do a bit of what both of them do)
Fisher - Blake (Steve is better against speed and guarding against the dribble. Derek handles bulky guards like Deron better and runs through screens when dealing with guys like Ray Allen well)
Theo (rebounding lacks but he is a hell of a shot blocker at is age )
Sasha (a gnat that will follow you like your shadow, but he gets over emotional)
Walton (for all his faults, when healthy he gets into the bigger SFs like Melo, Pierce, KD, and Gay as well as anyone over the years. Hardly ever healthy though)
Brown (has the best god given tools but lacks the discipline and awareness to make proper rotations and trail his guy when they don't have the ball, and he regularly struggles against post up players)

Ebanks and Caracter aren't ranked because they haven't played a regular season game.

We pretty much got the same players 1-5, although I'd put Bynum #4 the guy is just a big defensive presence when he's healthy. He would probably be higher up my list if he could remain healthy, probably 2-3.

Then I have Odom as #5 since he's more of an all around defender as compared to Gasol (who's an underrated defender, but now quite that "great" per-say).

With all things considering, I think the Lakers are well off defensively when your 5th best defender is ODOM/GASOL.

kblo247
10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
We pretty much got the same players 1-5, although I'd put Bynum #4 the guy is just a big defensive presence when he's healthy. He would probably be higher up my list if he could remain healthy, probably 2-3.

Then I have Odom as #5 since he's more of an all around defender as compared to Gasol (who's an underrated defender, but now quite that "great" per-say).

With all things considering, I think the Lakers are well off defensively when your 5th best defender is ODOM/GASOL.

The problem I have with Bynum and Pau on defense for that matter is that they tend to rotate late and not really react to pick and rolls well at all when it is their guy giving the pick. Bynum tends to get into foul trouble as a result of him hacking to make up for not moving his feet, whereas Pau tends to give up easy buckets to avoid foul trouble. They also at times don't leave teams one and done on the glass like Lamar particularly during the course of the season. To steal from Tex Winters, "defense isn't over until you secure the board"

Lamar's main problems come when he has to deal with a guy that is flat out big like Baby, Z-bo, and so on because they can just lean on him with all their weight.

That is why I said the three are dead even. Each has obvious drawbacks and can be exploited in their own unique ways.

dhopisthename
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
dwyane wade
lebron james
udonis haslem
joel anthony
patrick beverly
chris bosh
mike miller
mario chalmers

I don't disagree with this list I might change chalmers and miller, but haven't watched enough of miller to make a conclusion.

Ace33Bone
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Hinrich
Mcgee
Hudson
Arenas
Wall
Howard
Booker
Blatch

Lake_Show2416
10-11-2010, 12:01 PM
1. Kobe
2. Ron Artest
3. Matt Barnes
4. Bynum
5. Ratliff
6. Gasol
7. Odom
8. Ebanks
9. Blake
10. Fisher
11. Character
12. Brown
13. Walton(better defender then Sasha even in his suit)
14. Sasha

Rocket21k
10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
1. Garnett
2. Perkins
3. J. O'neal
4. Rondo
5. Allen
6. Pierce
7. West
8. Daniels
9. Davis
10. S. O'neal
11. Erden
12. Robinson
13. Harangody
14. Wafer
15. Lasme
(have not seen Bradley play)
Erden looks like he has some potential.

JordansBulls
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
For the Bulls I think it is:

Noah
Brewer
Deng
Bogans
Thomas
Rose
Boozer
Gibson
CJ Watson
Korver
Johnson
Asik
Weaver

Da Knicks
10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
1. T. Douglas
2. W. Chandler
3. D. Gallinari
4. R. Felton
5. T. Mosgov
6. A. Randolph
7. R. Turiaf
8. A. Stoudemire
9. L. Fields
10. R. Mason

Saltinuts40
10-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Ronny Turiaf
Wilson Chandler
Kelenna Azubuike
Anthony Randolph
Raymond Felton
Danilo Gallinari
Toney Douglas
Amar'e Stoudemire
Roger Mason
Bill Walker
Eddy Curry

3 of your top 4 are former Warriors. Turiaf can block shots very well and I love the guy but he can't defend 1 on 1. It's bad when you have this many former Nelson Warriors on your top defensive list.

Rivera
10-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Howard
Pietrus
Gortat
Duhon
Bass
Lewis
Anderson
Carter
Q
Redick
Nelson
Williams

It's amazing how this group of poor individual defenders turns into a top 3-5 defensive team year in and year out, all because of the man at the top. Besides those first three, I wouldn't say anyone on Orlando is a good/great defender.

how dare i question the great MAN RAM i should recieve an infraction for that

but in my opinion bass is a better defender than duhon thats it lol

J_M_B
10-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Joel Anthony
Udonis Haslem
Patrick Beverly
Mike Miller
Chris Bosh
Mario Chalmers

JordansBulls
10-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Howard
Pietrus
Gortat
Duhon
Bass
Lewis
Anderson
Carter
Q
Redick
Nelson
Williams

I think you are underrating Vince a bit on Defense.

gsgs49
10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Marion
Chandler
Kidd
Haywood
Butler
Stevenson
Dirk
Jones
Roddy
Terry
Barea

swaddell13
10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
good defenders:
grant hill
jdud
childress
lopez
clark

bad defenders:
nash
frye

the rest are decent

Bravo95
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
-HAWKS-
Smith
Horford
Joe
Teague
Pachulia
Jordan Crawford
Marvin
Thomas
Evans
Powell
Jamal
Pape Sy (haven't seen him but it doesn't matter, I already know he's better than...)
Bibby

-LAKERS-
Artest
Barnes
Bryant
Bynum
Gasol
Odom
Ratliff
Ebanks
Blake
Fisher
Brown
Caracter
Walton
Sasha

pebloemer
10-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Couldn't have asked a harder question for Raptor's fans... It is like asking which of my shoes stinks the least...

But I'll give it a go.

1. Weems - the player who probably puts in the most consistent defensive effort while getting playing time to show it
2. Banks - it is all he can really pride himself on. Not good enough to get any minutes offensively though
3. Evans - he is undersized with height, but has the energy, bulk (and dirtiness?) to be a nuisance to opposing bigs.
4. Kleiza - looks decent on defense in the early going.
5. Jack - responsible defender, nothing more.
6. Johnson - if he can ever learn not to foul as often, he could be a good defender in this league. Good shot blocking threat when not fouling
7. Barbosa - quick, experienced. Showing lots of hustle on defence in pre-season.
8. DeRozan - good length and works hard, but still too young to know players tendencies and too weak to adequately fight threw screens
9. Bargnani - often seems confused on defense. Has decent strength to defend on the block, but awful rotations, and lack of athleticism leaves huge hole in the interior defense
10. Calderon - can't stay in front of his man. Physically overpowered. Not athletic enough. He hustles, but gets blown by far too often

Didn't rank the rest.

Raph12
10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Howard
Pietrus
Gortat
Duhon
Bass
Lewis
Anderson
Carter
Q
Redick
Nelson
Williams

Carter is too high up, Q is too low down and I didn't know Duhon was a good defender... Guess everyone looks horrible on that end for the Knicks. ;)

Jacks3
10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
1. Artest
2. Bryant
3. Barnes
4. Odom
5. Bynum
6. Gasol
7. Theo
8. Blake
9. Fisher
10. Brown