PDA

View Full Version : First fantasy team of the year...how did i do?

FOBolous
10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
PG - Stephen Curry
PG - Steve Nash
PG - Aaron Brooks
SG - Eric Gordon
SG - Rude Fernandez
SG/SF - Anthony Morrow
SG/SF - Kelenna Azubuike
SF/PF - Lamar Odom
SF/PF - Wilson Chandler
PF/C - Zach Randolph
PF/C - Joakim Noah
PF/C - Jason Thompson
C - Yao Ming

Raidaz4Life
10-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm gonna need more details in order to properly evaluate your team....

So far what I am seeing is you are going to be weak in blocks and points. Maybe turnovers as well if that is a category.

FOBolous
10-10-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm gonna need more details in order to properly evaluate your team....

So far what I am seeing is you are going to be weak in blocks and points. Maybe turnovers as well if that is a category.

well the league have 12 players

the catagories are....Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), and Turnovers (TO)

Raidaz4Life
10-10-2010, 10:02 AM
well the league have 12 players

the catagories are....Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), and Turnovers (TO)

Alright yeah so standard 12 team 9 cat format.

Like I said the main weaknesses I see in your team are going to be points, blocks, and turnovers

Your strengths will most likely be your 3ptm, FT%, and assists

Steals is kind of eh, you've got Curry who is a bit of a ? at this point. I also gambled on Curry early but its really a toss up whether he will continue where he left off during the last 3 months or put up numbers closer to his season average, especially with the new coach in place.

If I were you I would look into making Brooks the centerpiece to a package trade for a low turnover high shot blocking Center. Perhaps keep your eye on a guy like Dalembert to see how big of a role he will have in the Kings rotation because if he gets 28 mpg I could see him doing wonders for your team. Obviously in a deal like this I'd expect other players to be involved but just a basic idea. Marc Gasol could also be another solid option.

Either way if I were you I'd try to make one of your weaknesses slightly more competitive simply because its tough to win when you're giving up 3 categories a week. You really have an overabundance of 3pt shooting so thats what I would look to give up, I just mentioned Brooks because his 3ptm last year should be pretty appealing to someone lacking in that category and I'm not entirely convinced he will duplicate those numbers this coming year.