PDA

View Full Version : P. Mickael on Kobe, Artest

Wade>You
10-09-2010, 01:35 AM
This is the guy from FC Barcelona that guarded Kobe.

I don't know whether to take some of the stuff he said serious or not.

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/mickeal/2010/10/08/memo-to-lakers-its-our-gym/
COMPETITIVE WITH RON

One hour before the game I was told Ron Artest said “Pete who?” when they asked him if he knew who he was going to guard. Anyway, it really doesn’t matter what he said. It had no factor the way I play. He doesn’t have to know me. He doesn’t have to even after the game. I could care less what any guy says, good or bad. I’m a team basketball player. I got him in the chin pretty good, which is what I wanted to do to start off, because he started off physical, tried to push, and I got a nice one on him. This is our gym, our home, they came to Barcelona to play us. I don’t really want to get into what happened with Artest on the court. I don’t know him at all, just saw him on TV and I had never played him.

The fact that the winner of the Euroleague beats the NBA champion gives more opportunites for the media to debate if FC Barcelona can compete in the NBA. For the world of basketball, it’s a great thing. Now people in the States know who FC Barcelona is. It’s not just Ricky, who might play in the NBA soon, but for a roster full of interesting players. This helps us worldwide. That’s what I love about this game. To come out and compete, that’s great. It’s all about competing, competing against guys bigger and stronger, you go out and you take it to them. No matter what league you’re playing. I don’t care Kobe Bryant won five NBA championships. This was just a basketball game and I focused on doing my job.

THE KOBE BATTLE

Phil Jackson said we wouldn’t have a chance in a 82-game NBA regular season. Well, look at what Kobe said after this comment. Kobe, who is a basketball player, not a coach, disagreed. It’s different being a coach and actually holding a basketball and playing against guys. Kobe, obviously, has respect for FC Barcelona because he competed against us for 25 minutes. He played team basketball, passing the ball, not playing too much one-on-one. In the NBA, you’ll see Kobe taking 25 shots. Here it’s kind of a different game. The NBA is a great, great League. But here in Europe there is good basketball too.

We had a little conversation on the court that went like this…

Kobe said to me “Hey, this game might get you in the NBA,” trying to be a smartass. “If you think that, then put your money where your mouth is and play one-on-one and we’ll see where your game is at,” I replied. “Put your $100 million to my account and then we can play basketball, then you talk to me since you want to be a smartass.”

It was a competitive game, and that’s what I liked the most apart from my friends and family watching me live.

We’re in the right direction.

Talk to you soon!

tangent12
10-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Pete who?

iggypop123
10-09-2010, 01:42 AM
i was trying to figure out why the magic let michael peitrus play for barcelona when i realized it was another guy

JRisdabest
10-09-2010, 01:46 AM
he did out play kobe

_KB24_
10-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Sounds like Crooner wrote it :laugh2:

Pete, who? :D

lakers4sho
10-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Someone did not get hugs when he was 5...

Jenceman
10-09-2010, 01:53 AM
LolPete

Jewelz0376
10-09-2010, 02:02 AM
eh... he played well against Kobe but Kobe was about 60% so I wouldn't really feel myself too much if I were him.... but Kobe is right though, that game might actually get him invited to some camps next season, even though he probably wouldn't want to since he makes more money where he's at...

kArSoN RyDaH
10-09-2010, 02:47 AM
pete who?

hahaha i doubt artest was trying to get physical with him. artest would own him.

D Roses Bulls
10-09-2010, 03:13 AM

lol....... i was thinking the samething

Blazers#1Fan
10-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Wait........Crooner didnt write this...hahaahahahahahaa

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jr_3421
10-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Dang talk about playing with a chip on your shoulder..

GSRaider
10-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Preseason game for Kobe and the lakers

Pete who?

TheGoodGerman
10-09-2010, 08:25 AM
i was trying to figure out why the magic let michael peitrus play for barcelona when i realized it was another guy

Me too ... :D

td0tsfinest
10-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Man for a guy thats not very well known he acts like he's the best basketball player in the world.

Just found out this guy is an American, around the same age as Kobe.

knickfan4life
10-09-2010, 08:37 AM
lol Pete Mikael, tried out for every NBA team in the league, they all cut him, he's just mad about that LOL

Testaverde16
10-09-2010, 09:33 AM
homeboy says phil doesnt know what hes talking about? Do your research, buddy. Otherwise I was entertained.

kjoke
10-09-2010, 09:55 AM
i liked that, anyways kobe did sound like a smartass with that comment

zachattach
10-09-2010, 10:10 AM
He's going to be next seasons addition to the Lakers.

thedfactor
10-09-2010, 10:18 AM

Pete, who? :D:clap:

Hellcrooner
10-09-2010, 10:20 AM
its money not talent wich keeps him in europe.

he coudl make an nba roster and play a bebc 20 mpg role on a playoff team or be a 6th man in a bad team.

But given his age nba teams wont offer him more than teh minimum wich woudl be like 800000 dollars BEFORE taxes.
Well, he is earning around 2 500 000 AFTER taxes in europ.

No wonder he still is here.

Maybe this game makes some team offer him a bit more and he takes the Anthony Parker, JOsh Childress, Raja Bell, Marcus Haislip, Charlie Bell road back to usa.

Ragun
10-09-2010, 10:43 AM
honestly, it did not look like kobe made much of an effort in that game. you can tell his knee was sore by how slow he was moving.

CluTcH_c1tY
10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
That guy would get **** on by kobe, it would of been better if the heat or celtics would have played them, nuthing agaisnt the champs but they were out of sync. I think the heat and celtics would of hurt their pride...

jfree31
10-09-2010, 11:17 AM
absolutely funny. dude hasnt changed since high school. told u guys about him once before, dudes a beast. but never knew when to pipe down. he wont get any invites, his time has passed as far as age. he was drafted and medical issues with a blood clot in his leg cut his chances short, has played all over seas since. give him credit fo one thing though, his teams have ALWAYS won, high schoo(lost like 5 games in 3 yearsl, JUCOs(undefeated two years at Indian Hills), Cincinnati(lost one game the year K-Mart broke his leg and they would of won the national title that year), and over seas.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Kobe is 60% speed and played 25 minutes. Bynum didn't even play. Couple new players on the roster. In NBA rules, the Lakers would destroy them in a game that counted for something. In FIBA rules, the Lakers would beat them as well. The best international style player is ON THE LAKERS for crying out loud.
But whatever. Its nice to see the level of competition in the Euro leagues continues to climb

shep33
10-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Michael Jordan the proposed GOAT got schooled by a CEO... what does this mean... Jordan isn't the GOAT but that CEO is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B7U74Dg04k

eXpLiiCt
10-09-2010, 02:00 PM
lol @ Pete

RaiderLakersA's
10-09-2010, 02:10 PM
The guy will be able to tell his grand kids that he played against the great Kobe Bryant and got the better of him. He'll also claim in grumpy old man fashion that he knew more about basketball than Phil Jackson.

And then his grand kids will grow up, log onto the internet and realize that the very men that their grandpa is trying to puff his ego against were actually great, GREAT basketball men. They'll download all of Kobe's games and compare them against their grandpa's. They'll see his accolades and marvel. They'll also look up Phil and see that he still has the most NBA titles of any coach. And they'll see that even the GOAT was a willing disciple of Phil's.

And then they'll look again at what their grandpa actually accomplished in his career. Not only what he did in the game, but his contributions to it. And they will shake their heads. laugh, and see their grandpa's hollow words for their true worth. That's about all this amounts to.

Geargo Wallace
10-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I kinda enjoyed that.

el_primo_nano
10-09-2010, 03:05 PM
These Barcelona fools need to shut the hell up. They do realize the Lakers werent playing right? They do realize this was preseason right? They do realize if Phil to Kobe to go off he would have right? Pete who?

evadatam5150
10-09-2010, 07:32 PM
its money not talent wich keeps him in europe.

he coudl make an nba roster and play a bebc 20 mpg role on a playoff team or be a 6th man in a bad team.

But given his age nba teams wont offer him more than teh minimum wich woudl be like 800000 dollars BEFORE taxes.
Well, he is earning around 2 500 000 AFTER taxes in europ.

No wonder he still is here.

Maybe this game makes some team offer him a bit more and he takes the Anthony Parker, JOsh Childress, Raja Bell, Marcus Haislip, Charlie Bell road back to usa.

The whole post is pure speculation.. He couldn't make most NBA rosters is why he ended up in Spain in the first place.. Most of the comments made are also pure speculation and is he really bragging about working Kobe who basically shouldn't have played at all on a 60% wheel..

This is ridiculous and exactly what pisses me off about the Lakers losing that meaningless game or any meaningless game against the Euros. Everyone takes it so damn serious except for the Lakers and all of a sudden European basketball is completely validated because the Lakers and Phillip didn't care enough to play good basketball.. Kobe should have just sat it out..

NYKalltheway
10-09-2010, 08:01 PM
There's also the possibility that the following happened in this order:

1) Stern sent the Lakers to Europe to promote the NBA
2) Lakers didn't want to go
3) Lakers didn't give a damn about Timberwolves game
4) Lakers didn't give a damn about Barcelona game
5) Lakers realised that part of their reputation was in jeopardy if they lost to a European team
6) Lakers fought the remaining of the game but momentum was too strong for Barcelona and an unfit Kobe wasn't able to lead them to victory which they took for granted before the game even started

Point is, you can say that Lakers didn't care and considered it a pre-season game, but being there they definitely would have wanted the win, first to avoid what's happening now which is fans of other teams making remarks with little sense and own fans criticizing the two pre-season losses to one of NBA's worse teams and a non-NBA team, and secoond because their egos shouldn't allow them to lose to non-NBA teams if they still want to be considered "world champions" after winning the NBA title ;)

evadatam5150
10-09-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't have to say it, the papers had numerous stories running about what Phil thought of the whole idea, he was extremely trite whilst speaking to reporters at the paper I work for and it was very clear he wasn't down with the whole idea..

1,2,3 I would say are fairly accurate..

4 I'm not really sure about..

5 and 6 are simply ridiculous. The game is the first game of their season, Kobe is not one hundred percent, Bynum isn't even playing, and so on and so forth. I don't think the the team cared one way or another except for the usual players attempting to earn playing time when the Real season starts.. Anyone thinks the Lakers were at a hundred, cared about beating Barcelona, or worried about perception from anyone other than their coaching staff are absolutely fooling themselves..

The real issue is that we the fans have given this one circus game way more credence then it truly deserves..

IAmKira
10-09-2010, 11:31 PM
wif all the bolding and diff size of letter made the post quite crooner like. = english pl0x?

SA5195
10-09-2010, 11:38 PM
....Pete who?

k24springs
10-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a child. He needs more hugs. Seriously its only pre-season I'm pretty sure if the Lakers were to really play then they would murder that squad. Remember LA has two of the best international players on its roster with Kobe and Pau. So homeboy need to stay in Europe and he better not come to the NBA because dudes are gonna kill his *** as soon as he steps on the court.

Heater4life
10-09-2010, 11:51 PM
who the heck is this guy? and who cares?

masalex1205
10-10-2010, 12:01 AM
who the heck is this guy? And who cares?

+1

Fireworld
10-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Preseason

beasted86
10-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Is this Mickael Pietrus' evil twin from Bizarro world?

PrettyBoyJ
10-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Pete Pete Pete lol smh

KeithLBC
10-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Kobe is 60% speed and played 25 minutes. Bynum didn't even play. Couple new players on the roster. In NBA rules, the Lakers would destroy them in a game that counted for something. In FIBA rules, the Lakers would beat them as well. The best international style player is ON THE LAKERS for crying out loud.
But whatever. Its nice to see the level of competition in the Euro leagues continues to climb

^This :clap:

zambo4president
10-10-2010, 01:48 AM
I thought this was about Pietrus at first.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2010, 01:51 AM
curious

last time an Nba champions played against an european champions was in the lat 90s

result.

Jordan( and PHILS) Bulls 120 Olympiakos 70.

yeah i t was

OCTOBER:

PRESEASON:

Bulls OUT OF SHAPE:

Phil trying out differente rotations.

and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLHA BLAH and all the sorry excuses you want to make.

120 - 70

More than a decde has passed.

Now euro teams beat nba teams every now and then.

Including the euro chapmion wining against the na champions.

World is catchig up.

Lear n to live with it.

shep33
10-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Everybody here has to get real with themselves... he's better than anybody in the NBA. The only reason he doesn't play is because the competition is too low. Jeez... some of the posters here don't even know who Mickael is... he's only the European Jordan hence his name... Mickael... and you know how I know he's better than Jordan? He has a 'K' in his name, while leaving out 'h'... We all know that 'h' is a terrible letter, and 'K' is much more distinguished... Where do you guys think Kobe learned all his moves? Yeah while Kobe was growing up in Italy Mickael taught him everything. Mickael is so good that he played for every European team... twice.

shep33
10-10-2010, 02:24 AM
curious

last time an Nba champions played against an european champions was in the lat 90s

result.

Jordan( and PHILS) Bulls 120 Olympiakos 70.

yeah i t was

OCTOBER:

PRESEASON:

Bulls OUT OF SHAPE:

Phil trying out differente rotations.

and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLHA BLAH and all the sorry excuses you want to make.

120 - 70

More than a decde has passed.

Now euro teams beat nba teams every now and then.

Including the euro chapmion wining against the na champions.

World is catchig up.

Lear n to live with it.

Nobody is arguing that the World isn't getting better... but c'mon man, you can't really believe that if these two teams were both playing at peak level, the Lakers wouldn't clobber them... yes clobber.

Not even close.

Hellcrooner
10-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Nobody is arguing that the World isn't getting better... but c'mon man, you can't really believe that if these two teams were both playing at peak level, the Lakers wouldn't clobber them... yes clobber.

Not even close.

December for example, or january.

Lakers woudl undoubtedly win a 7 game series.

4.-0 posibly 4-1 feasably.

But there wouldnt be any blow outs.

The thig here is that barceona has Many layers with nba level.

Rubio= is supposed to become a starter at WORST case scenario in the nba he can even get to be an allstar.

Navarro= Starter on bad nba team 6th man in a layoff team.

Vazquez= more than probably will be a starter in the magic next year

Lakovic = could be a bench role player in some teams

Mickael = could be a 6th man in some teams, or a role player in a playoff team.

Ndong/ Morris/Lorbek/kosta perovic. = hav ebeen role paleyrs in nba or have their drfts owned by nba teams.

So basically they have a roster of players that is ismilar in construction to teams like wolves, or something like that.
Do wolves defeat lakers in the playoofs ' nOT A CHANCE but they could win 1 game

and they can win 1 or 2 games in the regular season vs teh lakers or teh heat or whatever.

People has taken the wrogn aproach to this thing that happened.

they shoudlnt be bashing lakers.
The should be congratulating and hyping Barcelona up.

JC_
10-10-2010, 04:22 PM
There's no way that the lakers didn't want to win. Preseason or not the reigning nba champs got beat so they should be prepared to deal with some trash talk. They can make all the excuses in the world but the fact is they played and got beat in this game. Yes, one day they might play again and the Lakers might squash them but for now bragging rights belong to the other team.

whitemamba33
10-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I HOPE people keep believing that this was the Lakers at their best. It's going to be a fun season if they do.

lol...give the leagues best team a reason to have a chip on their shoulder.

greek miami hea
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Someone did not get hugs when he was 5...

great post :P

JC_
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I HOPE people keep believing that this was the Lakers at their best. It's going to be a fun season if they do.

lol...give the leagues best team a reason to have a chip on their shoulder.

Nobody thinks this was the Lakers at their best but they lost either way.