PDA

View Full Version : Cousins Disses Favors Out of Disbelief

VinceCarter
10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
”I believe everything happens for a reason,” Cousins said. ”But I can’t wait to play them because I’m going at their necks, especially the big that got picked before me.”

That ”big” is Georgia Tech power forward Derrick Favors(notes), who was selected by the Nets third overall. Favors was the only post player selected among the top four picks. Considering the Nets’ most heralded player is center Brook Lopez(notes), drafting another true center like Cousins didn’t make sense for the team’s needs.

After Cousins scored 16 points and grabbed 16 rebounds in his preseason debut against Phoenix, he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself when he learned Favors had four points and one rebound in 13 minutes against Philadelphia earlier that night.

”I’m trying to see what’s so special,” Cousins said of Favors. ”…I guess that’s what they really needed on their team. I really don’t know. ‘

”I feel I was the best big to come out of college. For another big to get picked before me, I have a problem with that.”

Wow. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-cousinskings100810)

WolvesJagsOs
10-08-2010, 10:44 PM
^wow. haha. Im not surprised that Cousins said this....at all.

Switch
10-08-2010, 10:45 PM
He talked **** about Bynum now Favors? He's only a rookie, who does he think he is?

asandhu23
10-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Favors is gonna whoop his ***

Hoopsadvocate
sounds like another shaq attitude wise

Stunner
He talked **** about Bynum now Favors? He's only a rookie, who does he think he is?

Da Mutha ****ing Man!

AI4MVP
10-08-2010, 10:47 PM
i love it. there needs to be more of this in the nba. sack up goddamnit. i know a majority of the pussyass psd'ers are gunna be like "wow this is unacceptable! oh my! how could he! cant we all just get along!" **** that.

VinceCarter
10-08-2010, 10:49 PM
i love it. there needs to be more of this in the nba. sack up goddamnit. i know a majority of the pussyass psd'ers are gunna be like "wow this is unacceptable! oh my! how could he! cant we all just get along!" **** that.

Yeah! Screw professionalism and maturity! Who needs it?! Definitely not pro athletes who may be role models for young children. :eyebrow:

WolvesJagsOs
10-08-2010, 10:50 PM
^when your a rookie, no, i dont think he should be saying that, if your a seasoned NBA player, alright, i understand, but he is trash talkin after a couple preseason games.

DerekRE_3
10-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Cousins speaks the truth. And he is that kind of player. 15 years from now he will be trying to drop 50 on each team that passed on him.

I love hearing things like this from Cousins:

"He (Timberwolves assistant coach Reggie Theus) was like 'We got into his head,'" Cousins said to the Sacramento Bee after the game. "I was like thank you coach, I'm going to kill you this half. And after the game I was like told you I was going to kill you this half. That's all that was."

In that game...he hit the game winner and had an awesome game. Cousins is most likely going to continue to be misunderstood by some fans and the media, but Kings fans love him.

Stunner
10-08-2010, 10:57 PM
But its not like he talking about Howard its another rookie.

SluggeR
10-08-2010, 10:58 PM
That's that Bama in him baby!!! Get fired-up and go hard. Guess folks have got too use to this current buddy-buddy NBA that's been goin on.

beasted86
10-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Nothing wrong with that... he didn't go overboard with it. Just good competitive trash talk, and as long as he can back it up on the court he will be fine.

Kashmir13579
10-08-2010, 11:02 PM
the kid has an attitude problem. i hope he gets knocked out by zach randolph....

Hustlenomics
10-08-2010, 11:04 PM
lol damn he's got a mouth he better back it up

*Silver&Black*
10-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I like this. Needs to be more in the NBA.

AI4MVP
10-08-2010, 11:06 PM
i love this. absolutely love it. demarcus cousins is slowly becoming one of my favorite big men in the league. ive said it before and ill say it again: i cant wait til this kid goes up against dwight howard

koreancabbage
10-08-2010, 11:07 PM
sounds like Zach Randolph LOL
and he's just as fat if not fatter than Randolph

Sadds The Gr8
10-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Nothing wrong with that... he didn't go overboard with it. Just good competitive trash talk, and as long as he can back it up on the court he will be fine.

+1

i dont understand how people can be offended by this. the main thing about sports is competitiveness, and if you're not competitive, you get killed.

Slimsim
10-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Cousins will eat favors food.

Paulliwali
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I like seeing new rivalry between the rooks, good stuff

arkanian215
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Eh Cousins can say whatever he wants as long as he backs it up on the court. Being humble is overrated.

DerekRE_3
10-08-2010, 11:11 PM
In the Nets defense though, I understand why they took Favors and not Cousins. They already have a very good center in Brook Lopez.

arkanian215
10-08-2010, 11:15 PM
In the Nets defense though, I understand why they took Favors and not Cousins. They already have a very good center in Brook Lopez.

Then again, teams shouldn't draft on need at the top of the draft unless they think there's little difference in the eventual quality of the two players. :blazers:

Quite a few folks were high on Cousins including Avery Johnson. People who have followed the team for a while likened Cousins's attitude to DC. Not a compliment.

CB29
10-08-2010, 11:16 PM
ppl who say stuff like this often don't back it up... this kid better go out and dominate the game against the nets... otherwise he better keep his mouth shut

DerekRE_3
10-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Then again, teams shouldn't draft on need at the top of the draft unless they think there's little difference in the eventual quality of the two players. :blazers:

Quite a few folks were high on Cousins including Avery Johnson. People who have followed the team for a while likened Cousins's attitude to DC. Not a compliment.

People just don't understand Cousins. The whole attitude thing is completely overblown. Cousins personality reminds me more of Charles Barkley than Derrick Coleman.

beasted86
10-08-2010, 11:20 PM

I don't get it to be honest.

It's like GMs are trying to take the "power" out of Forwards in the NBA and every dumb coach thinks his team needs to run. It could have worked.... Turn the team into a half court team that feeds the post first and it would have been good. Both of them have a jumper and both can pass from the post.

But yeah, I get it, Favors is more mobile and athletic... but he's just very raw right now.

kjoke
10-08-2010, 11:25 PM
meh, i like cousins

but it would hilarious if he gets his *** did by favors

DreamShaker
10-08-2010, 11:25 PM
He doesn't sound overly disrespectful...just hungry and competitive. He is either going to back up his smack talk and make the Nets look silly...or he's going to look silly himself. I'm excited to see these two young fellas grow and form a rivalry. Avery Johnson compared Favors to Duncan...who he played with. I'm already expecting a lot from these dudes.

John Walls Era
10-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I like Cousins better. I love smack talk, but the kid is running his mouth too much.

DerekRE_3
10-08-2010, 11:27 PM
He doesn't sound overly disrespectful...just hungry and competitive. He is either going to back up his smack talk and make the Nets look silly...or he's going to look silly himself. I'm excited to see these two young fellas grow and form a rivalry. Avery Johnson compared Favors to Duncan...who he played with. I'm already expecting a lot from these dudes.

Interesting comparison seeing as how Duncan is Mr. Fundamental while Favors is all freakish athleticism at this point. We'll see how he develops.

IBleedPurple
10-08-2010, 11:27 PM
sounds like Zach Randolph LOL
and he's just as fat if not fatter than Randolph

My thoughts exactly

oak2455
10-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Listen if you can back it up say what you want I always say....:D

Switch
10-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Another thing, why would NJ take Cousins when they have Brook Lopez? Favors was a good pick for them.

Forbo
10-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Another thing, why would NJ take Cousins when they have Brook Lopez? Favors was a good pick for them.

Lopez can play PF also, bring DMC off the bench. Look at the Lakers they have 3 great big men.

arkanian215
10-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Lopez can play PF also, bring DMC off the bench. Look at the Lakers they have 3 great big men.

No Lopez cannot play PF. His lacks lateral quickness and the footspeed to guard stretch 4's.

TO Rapz
10-08-2010, 11:44 PM
I love it! I hate the whole everyone needs to be nice stuff in the NBA. Everyone has their own personality..eg: Durant; humble, LeBron; very standout to say the least, and Cousins has that flair to your game. Its who he is, as long as he doesnt go overboard, and backs it up, i absolutely love it!

Hindy27
10-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I like the talk, it keeps things interesting, and there should be more of it.

However...
The Nets had Lopez, so Favors was a better fit for the team.
It was obvious when the Nets drafted him that he was the more raw of the 2 and would take a couple more years development. So Cousins should look the better player for the first few seasons.
I'd like to see how they go against each other in 4-5 years time.

Don Starks
10-09-2010, 12:20 AM

:facepalm: also the lakers have 1 great big man, 1 good big man and 1 injury prone big man.

No Lopez cannot play PF. His lacks lateral quickness and the footspeed to guard stretch 4's.

this

Jenceman
10-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Cousins speaks the truth. And he is that kind of player. 15 years from now he will be trying to drop 50 on each team that passed on him.

In that game...he hit the game winner and had an awesome game. Cousins is most likely going to continue to be misunderstood by some fans and the media, but Kings fans love him.

Because he's an idiot...

Or at least he comes off as an idiot. It'd be fine to talk if he's actually played a game that meant something, but he hasn't...

Rivera
10-09-2010, 01:08 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

DerekRE_3
10-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Because he's an idiot...

Or at least he comes off as an idiot. It'd be fine to talk if he's actually played a game that meant something, but he hasn't...

His coach at Kentucky said he was one of the smartest players he had ever coached. The media that covered him at Kentucky said he's an engaging and funny guy. And people who cover the Kings are finding out the exact same thing. And so what if he hasn't played a game. He's saying he's better than another player who also hasn't and someone he went head to head with in draft workouts (and outplayed). He's confident, he's competitive, and he speaks his mind. I see no problem with that.

This guy has all the tools and ability to be great. He has the confidence, he has the size, he has the skill, and he has that killer instinct and nasty streak that big guys need (and few have in today's game).

tangent12
10-09-2010, 01:30 AM
One bum talking about another bum like they're relevant.

uprightciti
10-09-2010, 01:55 AM
cousins = curry in 5 years

ElMarroAfamado
10-09-2010, 01:58 AM

:eyebrow:

Giantwarrior
10-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Cousins is going to turn out to be another Zach Randolph-Eddy Curry

AWC713
10-09-2010, 02:29 AM
this dude sounds AWESOME f the haters

why hate a dude for being confident?

RocketsRule
10-09-2010, 02:29 AM

I agree, there was nothing wrong said. Though it may not have worded the best way, he basically is saying that he believes he is the best big in the draft. Not really sure how he is "dissing Favors out of disbelief".

VinceCarter
10-09-2010, 02:47 AM
I agree, there was nothing wrong said. Though it may not have worded the best way, he basically is saying that he believes he is the best big in the draft. Not really sure how he is "dissing Favors out of disbelief".

Because of this:

Im trying to see whats so special, Cousins said of Favors. I guess thats what they really needed on their team. I really dont know.

I feel I was the best big to come out of college. For another big to get picked before me, I have a problem with that.

That's him saying he's better than Favors without just flat out saying it (even though he made it pretty clear).

sacgiants1213
10-09-2010, 02:50 AM
Cousins is going to turn out to be another Zach Randolph-Eddy Curry

based on what?

alencp3
10-09-2010, 03:29 AM
the kid has an attitude problem. i hope he gets knocked out by zach randolph....

Ouch Louis Amundson still has some face damage :D

Baller1
10-09-2010, 03:51 AM
I can't believe you guys are actually against this. I like it. He felt he was the best big in the draft, so he's out to prove it. Sounds good to me.

DodgerBulls
10-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Yeah! Screw professionalism and maturity! Who needs it?! Definitely not pro athletes who may be role models for young children. :eyebrow:

Remember, it's entertainment. You can deprive your kid from watching the NBA. That doesn't mean he can't play ball, but just not watch the NBA. Same goes for movies, if you don't like the content then don't let your kid see it.

G-Bay New J
10-09-2010, 04:58 AM
I don't have a problem with what Cousins said. I love some competitiveness. Favors is pretty humble but don't think he isn't competitive. When he see's this he will be hitting the gym twice as hard.

It will be interesting, that game will be fun to watch.

PHX2daDEATH
10-09-2010, 05:20 AM
I like this... Players are too chummy with one another nowadays

PHX2daDEATH
10-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Ouch Louis Amundson still has some face damage :D

Lol Randolph didnt even punch him hard.... Lou was unphased thats why he sprang up so quick

icon1914
10-09-2010, 06:37 AM

Never really saw Cousins as a true center.... More of a solid PF. I think NJ could have drafted him, but did not want the trouble... And also they want to believe that Favors' potential will end up making him the best big man in the draft in time.

And I like Cousins talking crap... Not enough of that is the NBA Today....

TheGoodGerman
10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't like people talk too much, when they haven't really proven themselves, yet ...

pistonsfanomg
10-09-2010, 08:31 AM
lol

omdigga
10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
im liking this kid.. nothing wrong in beleivin in your abilities.. he thinks he was the best big in the draft.. i do too..

Jenceman
10-09-2010, 09:28 AM
His coach at Kentucky said he was one of the smartest players he had ever coached. The media that covered him at Kentucky said he's an engaging and funny guy. And people who cover the Kings are finding out the exact same thing. And so what if he hasn't played a game. He's saying he's better than another player who also hasn't and someone he went head to head with in draft workouts (and outplayed). He's confident, he's competitive, and he speaks his mind. I see no problem with that.

This guy has all the tools and ability to be great. He has the confidence, he has the size, he has the skill, and he has that killer instinct and nasty streak that big guys need (and few have in today's game).

He says things that are just straight up idiotic. Like how he talked about Bynum not deserving that ring when he provided a huge body for us...

And not only has the dude not proved anything at all, he won't even get the chance too. He's the freakin 4th big man after Landry, Dalembert and Jason Thompson.

Jays Claw
10-09-2010, 09:43 AM
After Cousins scored 16 points and grabbed 16 rebounds in his preseason debut against Phoenix, he couldnt help but chuckle to himself when he learned Favors had four points and one rebound in 13 minutes against Philadelphia earlier that night.

Well to be fair, Favors has a lot more competition in Lopez when it comes to touches down low. Lopez scored a bulk of the Nets' points (24 points on 8/13 FG) while collecting a team high 7 rebounds.

Cousins on the other hand, is the main focal point in the Kings' offensive scheme. As well as the best rebounding big man they've got. You've also got to take into consideration that Cousins played 30 minutes compared to 13 minutes played by Favors.

After all, this is preseason and not much should be made out of it.

Im trying to see whats so special, Cousins said of Favors. "I guess thats what they really needed on their team. I really dont know.

Did the Nets even work out Cousins? I'm pretty sure they only targeted Wall, Turner and Favors as their top three choices.

king4day
10-09-2010, 09:52 AM
From what i understand, the Nets didn't take cousins because he's a thug.
probably not the right decision in the long run, but i don't beleive it was due to talent.

arkanian215
10-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Well to be fair, Favors has a lot more competition in Lopez when it comes to touches down low. Lopez scored a bulk of the Nets' points (24 points on 8/13 FG) while collecting a team high 7 rebounds.

Cousins on the other hand, is the main focal point in the Kings' offensive scheme. As well as the best rebounding big man they've got. You've also got to take into consideration that Cousins played 30 minutes compared to 13 minutes played by Favors.

After all, this is preseason and not much should be made out of it.

Did the Nets even work out Cousins? I'm pretty sure they only targeted Wall, Turner and Favors as their top three choices.

Yeah we brought them both in a couple of days before the draft to do a one on one via drills w/o a scrimmage. Cousins was undoubtedly better. To this day, I'm convinced Avery still wanted Cousins more. Favors was Rod's pick. If Avery got really good at something during his time off from coaching, it's that media face.

Raidaz4Life
10-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Ha maybe Favors got picked ahead of you is because you can't keep your mouth shut:eyebrow:

netsgiantsyanks
10-09-2010, 09:57 AM
hes not a little *****, so what?? the nba needs more of this. even though derrick favors can whoop his ***. :cool:

arkanian215
10-09-2010, 10:02 AM
From what i understand, the Nets didn't take cousins because he's a thug.
probably not the right decision in the long run, but i don't beleive it was due to talent.

Or the perception that he is one. I think the bitter taste of Sean Williams was still lingering. The high body fat % didn't help.

It was never about talent.

Hype
10-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Darko > Demarcus Cousins

kjoke
10-09-2010, 10:07 AM
potenial wise, favors is the winner
who that tranlate well see, i think hell be better than cousins

Hellcrooner
10-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Another mindless trash talker.

YOu talk on the court!!!!!!!!

God i hope new cba makes sure plyers have t spent the FULL 4 years at NCAAA.

smood999
10-09-2010, 11:34 AM
not for nothin he's not trash talkin against an nba vet...he is against a fellow rookie so i see nothing wrong here...and cousins is the better player...he was in hs was in college and will be in the nba...so its not like hes sayin this outta nowhere

DerekRE_3
10-09-2010, 11:50 AM
He says things that are just straight up idiotic. Like how he talked about Bynum not deserving that ring when he provided a huge body for us...

And not only has the dude not proved anything at all, he won't even get the chance too. He's the freakin 4th big man after Landry, Dalembert and Jason Thompson.

Dalembert is hurt, which gives Cousins a great chance to take that job from him. And he will prove he was the best big in the draft. All he needs is about 20 minutes a game to get a double double.

It's just funny how people get so butt hurt when a player shows some fire. He's not hurting anyone, he's just speaking his mind. You'd really rather have him reply with some canned answer about how "God had a plan for me and it was Sacramento" or "everything happens for a reason I just have to work hard" blah blah blah blah. We've all heard those responses a thousand times.

Forbo
10-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Cousins was and is clearly better, I heard Thorn picked Favors and Avey wanted Cousins. I think Thorn did it because he knew he was leaving and didnt want NJ to get an edge with Cousins. Demarcus Cousins was and IS clearly the best big in this draft. 25 and 10 is probably what he will be averaging in years to come unless he gets injured or doesnt react to NBA game play. The kid is 20 years old and has a body that most wish they can have. He is agressive and he has attitude which gives him a drive. It means he actually cares. I loved Cousins in college, I love when he turned down Memphis to go with coach Cal at Kentucky.

NYYCowboys
10-09-2010, 12:09 PM
They probably picked Favors because Cousins is gonna be 350 lbs in 5 years.

eXpLiiCt
He needs to stfu for once

eXpLiiCt
All he does is talk bout other players for no reason

Rego247
10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
All he does is talk bout other players for no reason

yea, im fine with trash talk and all, its a part of the game. but this is coming from a rookie who has yet to play his first game. do ur talkin on the court.

Super.
10-09-2010, 12:18 PM
And i now have a second favorite NBA team.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
10-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Its true though, he was the best big man in the draft. I hope his game is as big as his ego

FaM0us Skins
10-09-2010, 12:25 PM
why is Cousins so cocky!

ko8e24
10-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Not at all, Shaq started talking all egotistical when he started winning championships all the way up to the current date.

I just watched the 1992 NBA Draft, when Shaq was selected #1 overall by Orlando, and they interviewed him. They asked him how it felt to have Christian Laettner picked over himself to be part of that '92 dream team, and Shaq said that Christian Laettner was a great player and he deserved to be on that team and that he was happy for Laettner representing the US in the Olympics that year.

DeMarcus Cousins hasn't proven anything and he's talking all this crap before he's played a meaninful NBA regular season. Cousins is OVERRATED AND A TOOL!

gbpackers12
10-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I actually like this. Why can't he say that he wants to be better than Favors? He's talking his game, and i'd be willing to bet that he'll back it up. Wish he was in Detroit.

Robbw241
10-09-2010, 12:55 PM
He must still be a lil woozy after getting raped by Favors in High School.

TheGoodGerman
10-09-2010, 01:05 PM
I think we need more characters in the NBA. Like back in the days. Now, the young guys only make some stupid trash talk or whatever ... and act like crybabys and ... he this and I that ... jesus ... go to Oprah.

Let the BALL do the talking !

tredigs
10-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Favors wasn't picked for this season (they didn't bust their *** for a marquee PF through free agency just for kicks. And "settling" for Troy Murphy was a very good decision by NJ). It was a pick based on potential, and if Cousins doesn't put down the ranch dipped double deckers, it's likely a higher potential than Demarcus'.

This year, there is absolutely zero question that Cousins will have the better season. Same story next year, though it will be closer. Year three? That's when we'll see if they made the better choice.

Edit: Zero problem with this comment, btw. He doesn't seem to grasp the concept of "potential", but he thinks he's the best big in the draft; and he's right. So I can understand the chip, and it makes for a better storyline.

fadedmario
10-09-2010, 01:11 PM
DeMarcus Cousins = Oliver Miller

faze38
10-09-2010, 01:12 PM

I have to agree stop being so sensitve when everybody was talking trash about the man during the draft he took it in stride and now he's telling the league that they well be punished for passing on him! U know what MJ talked trash like that all the time and people said that was his competetive nature but now people want to say there is no place for that in the league! Stop hating on the kid! I wish the Knicks had a damn pick last year cause I would have loved to see that man in a KNICKS jersey! I always said that every team that passed on this kid because of his "bad attitude" is dumb because he is a kid and will mature! More props to the kid I'm a fan at least he has the nuts to stand up fo himself! The only player that I didn't agree with that did something like this is Brandon Jennings because nobody was bad mouthing him during the draft and he just straight thru Rubio under the bus before he was even drafted and played a game in the league be it preseason or not! Still I can't really be mad at the kids because they were both young and they are competetiors! That's the nature of the beast I have never seen a competitor that didn't talk trash I know I have!

NYtilIdie
10-09-2010, 01:27 PM
And as each day goes by, Boogie slowly moves up my rankings.

Antipod
10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
The kid has some ballz :D

Hawkeye15
10-09-2010, 01:35 PM
this kid better turn out to be something special with all the crap he talks. Its preseason son, wait until the real season. This kind of thing is why he was passed over. Sure he has #1 pick talent. But he also could self implode at any moment. And they didn't pick you idiot, because they have Lopez at center. Read a fkin roster, then start talking

DerekRE_3
10-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Favors wasn't picked for this season (they didn't bust their *** for a marquee PF through free agency just for kicks. And "settling" for Troy Murphy was a very good decision by NJ). It was a pick based on potential, and if Cousins doesn't put down the ranch dipped double deckers, it's likely a higher potential than Demarcus'.

This year, there is absolutely zero question that Cousins will have the better season. Same story next year, though it will be closer. Year three? That's when we'll see if they made the better choice.

Edit: Zero problem with this comment, btw. He doesn't seem to grasp the concept of "potential", but he thinks he's the best big in the draft; and he's right. So I can understand the chip, and it makes for a better storyline.

He's lost weight since the draft and his body fat percentage is down. And as far as upside goes, Cousins has a ton of it. He's 6'11 with a 7'5 wingspan. He just turned 20 and didn't start playing organized basketball until high school. Despite that he has great feet, great hands, can pass, and he can shoot out to 20 feet. He just needs to continue to work on his conditioning and he will be a force.

Geargo Wallace
10-09-2010, 01:42 PM
NBA needs more trash talk and less David Stern.

Meaze_Gibson
10-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I like it too..

You got two types of competitors. The silent killers and the talkers. If its one thing I can't stand though, are the talkers who talk noise after the fact. It's like either talk up front or don't talk at all. Most people who I ball with talk crazy but it heightens everybody's game and the general atmosphere. If you a talker, please be like Cousins and talk yo ish before it happens.

ManningToTyree
10-09-2010, 01:44 PM
He is/will be better then Favors...

eXpLiiCt
10-09-2010, 02:00 PM
He is/will be better then Favors...

After he lays of them cupcakes

njnets825
10-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Jealousy's a mofo. Cousins is just mad that Favors was drafted before him. Favors was rated the highest player coming out of high school and how Favors won MVP of micky D's and Jordan classic games. Only one way to prove it, that's not by talking. Play and prove it and not just one season, over a career. Good luck not weighing over 300 lbs by the time you hit 23. Cousins attitude also is horrible. Just wait and see how he responds to having a losing record and being the 2nd option and dirty work guy for tyreke.

Denver-boy
10-09-2010, 02:22 PM
LOL cousins is da man!! i like it!!!! you gotta like this dude IF he's on your team. I love Trash Talk, I dont like when player shy away... ignore it! something about silent people who take it, pisses me off. Trash Talk is funniest thing.... now if Gonobli flopped and tlaked ****! DOuble threat!!!

Verbal Christ
10-09-2010, 02:25 PM
16 points 16 boards is pretty strong and only helps to provide that much more confidence, cousins is on his way to a dominant center career ala dhoward, and favors seems like another oversized SF to me, but time will tell.

njnets825
10-09-2010, 02:41 PM
16 points 16 boards is pretty strong and only helps to provide that much more confidence, cousins is on his way to a dominant center career ala dhoward, and favors seems like another oversized SF to me, but time will tell.

Uh you must never have seen him play bc he's nothing like a SF

Kidd>>>K-Mart
10-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Cousins will realize why he was drafted after favors in 3 years when favors will be an all-star

arkanian215
10-09-2010, 02:45 PM

lol you must've been brainwashed by Jon Barry during the draft. Favors is not a 3. He's much closer to a 4/5 than a 4/3.

AI4MVP
10-09-2010, 02:54 PM
everyone who has a problem with this is a huge vag. its fire! its competitiveness! its spice! demarcus cousins is showing that mean streak and killer instinct. slowly becoming my favorite big man in the league

jmtapia
10-09-2010, 03:20 PM
As long as he can back up his words on the court I have no issue with this.

This is exactly what Sac-Town needed.

Hellcrooner
10-09-2010, 03:49 PM
everyone who has a problem with this is a huge vag. its fire! its competitiveness! its spice! demarcus cousins is showing that mean streak and killer instinct. slowly becoming my favorite big man in the league

let me guess you love Brandon Jennings too....

_Supreme_
10-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I have no problem with what he said, but it does show a lot of immaturity.

AI4MVP
10-09-2010, 04:10 PM
let me guess you love Brandon Jennings too....

yep. hes one of my favoerite players. most people here know how much i support him. i love the kid.

but i balance everything out, because my favorite player and idol is Mr. Steve Nash

Margie
10-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Cousins every time he open his mouth, he show how much of a young fool he is. He has a long road to travel and being humble will takes him a long way.

Kyle916
10-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Wait, so tell me where he dissed Favors?

I'm not seeing anything wrong with what he said.

tredigs
10-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Wait, so tell me where he dissed Favors?

I'm not seeing anything wrong with what he said.

”I’m trying to see what’s so special,” Cousins said of Favors. ”…I guess that’s what they really needed on their team. I really don’t know. ‘

^How is that not dissing Favors?

Let's be honest. He's a loud mouthed idiot who doesn't comprehend team needs, the concept of "potential" and doesn't respect his competition. BUT, hey, he's confident and it makes good TV. So I'm all for it.

BULLSFAN0810
10-09-2010, 07:07 PM

If you are a fan id except this as an answer...but if you are an athlete you like what he said...he has a chip on his shoulder. I like it, it shows determination. it shows fire that most bigs dont have. MJ THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN HE WAS PLAYING ...ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WOOD TO BURN THAT FIRE...SO PLEASE BE QUITE AND BE ROLE MODELS TO YOUR OWN CHILDREN. He (MJ) WAS PISSED HE WAS PICKED BEHIND ANYONE..HE PILED IT ON PORTLAND BC THEY PICKED BOWIE OVER HIM(THEY HAD DREXLER)

the_jon
10-09-2010, 07:17 PM
What's the problem? I'm glad he's pissed off. If you get picked 5th overall and you're not pissed off then you're never going to be the best anyways. At least he wants it.

VinceCarter
10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
If you are a fan id except this as an answer...but if you are an athlete you like what he said...he has a chip on his shoulder. I like it, it shows determination. it shows fire that most bigs dont have. MJ THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN HE WAS PLAYING ...ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WOOD TO BURN THAT FIRE...SO PLEASE BE QUITE AND BE ROLE MODELS TO YOUR OWN CHILDREN. He (MJ) WAS PISSED HE WAS PICKED BEHIND ANYONE..HE PILED IT ON PORTLAND BC THEY PICKED BOWIE OVER HIM(THEY HAD DREXLER)

Just looking at the other side bro doesn't mean I agree. Trying to see how people feel. My feelings are quite neutral on this.

footballer2369
10-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Cousins ***** on favors

smood999
10-09-2010, 08:12 PM
i dont see the big deal...every yr there r players that use not getting drafted at a certain spot as motivation...cousins is in his right cause he is the better player right now without question...favors got drafted strictly off of potential and nothing else...cousins produced a whooole lot more in college than favors and is actually one of the few big guys recently that got drafted based on what they did and what they r moreso than the whole u cant teach size and athleticism potential stuff...

Brooklyn Mets
10-09-2010, 08:35 PM
he needs to back this talk up on the court.. put up 20 and 10 against Favors and that would say more abot his talent than his rant..

tangent12
10-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I favor Favors because Cousins reminds me of my cousin.

VinceCarter
10-09-2010, 08:41 PM

ha good one.

netsgiantsyanks
10-09-2010, 08:46 PM

wow. haha

The_Jamal
10-09-2010, 10:03 PM
People really should whine more about Cousins not being a ***** and calling out Favors.

EaglePride615
10-09-2010, 10:06 PM
i feel this guy can back up what hes saying. now if he has an amazing rookie season then after the season he should be talking like this, well not should be could.

The_Jamal
10-09-2010, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=njnets825;15145937]Jealousy's a mofo. Cousins is just mad that Favors was drafted before him. Favors was rated the highest player coming out of high school and how Favors won MVP of micky D's and Jordan classic games. Only one way to prove it, that's not by talking. Play and prove it and not just one season, over a career. Good luck not weighing over 300 lbs by the time you hit 23. Cousins attitude also is horrible. Just wait and see how he responds to having a losing record and being the 2nd option and dirty work guy for tyreke.[QUOTE]

John Wall?

The_Jamal
10-09-2010, 10:14 PM
this kid better turn out to be something special with all the crap he talks. Its preseason son, wait until the real season. This kind of thing is why he was passed over. Sure he has #1 pick talent. But he also could self implode at any moment. And they didn't pick you idiot, because they have Lopez at center. Read a fkin roster, then start talking

The "mental" problems advertised are complete bs. He's been dedicated all summer to conditioning and getting in shape. He's dropped weight since the draft, and has said several times he's looking forward to being a dominant duo with Tyreke. And I'd say Cousins has just as much potential as Favors being only 19.

Tony_Starks
10-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Cousins should use that slight as motivation to put in work this season. His game is really nice, I can see him making the ROY race interesting with Griffin and Wall.

I haven't seen a lot of Favors but what I did see he looked like a slug, I mean "he has tons of potential."

VinceCarter
10-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Cousins should use that slight as motivation to put in work this season. His game is really nice, I can see him making the ROY race interesting with Griffin and Wall.

I haven't seen a lot of Favors but what I did see he looked like a slug, I mean "he has tons of potential."

He's definitely showing that he needs to mature as a baseketball player before we can really see anything from him. It might take a season it might take 3.

All I know is I'm pumped to watch him every game!

kArSoN RyDaH
10-10-2010, 02:06 AM
is this the same guy who said bynum did deserve to hoist up the larry obrien trophy? :facepalm:

these rookies really need to shut their mouths and prove themselves before they start yappin.

TylerSL
10-10-2010, 02:33 AM
great, another shaq :mad:

AI4MVP
10-10-2010, 03:37 AM
great, another shaq :mad:

yeah! danmit! another great bigman that makes the game exciting and brings some competitive fire and killer instinct damnit this is terrible!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

Tony_Starks
10-10-2010, 11:31 AM
He's definitely showing that he needs to mature as a baseketball player before we can really see anything from him. It might take a season it might take 3.

All I know is I'm pumped to watch him every game!

I don't really see that as a maturity issue, to me thats just his swagger. I mean if its me and I got game like that I'd probably be saying the same thing like "you guys took him over me? Foreal? He's a bum!" Nothing wrong with that competitiveness, as long as he backs it up then its all good in my book. I actually prefer a player with a fire under his tail!

Hawkeye15
10-10-2010, 11:38 AM
The "mental" problems advertised are complete bs. He's been dedicated all summer to conditioning and getting in shape. He's dropped weight since the draft, and has said several times he's looking forward to being a dominant duo with Tyreke. And I'd say Cousins has just as much potential as Favors being only 19.

he will have to show his attitude problems are in the past. That is all I mean. If you watched him at Kentucky, and read about his high school days, he definately had an attitude problem and brushed with coaches. That doesn't mean he will do the same in the NBA, but he has something to prove. There is a reason he was passed over a number of picks. It sure wasn't for lack of physical talent

DerekRE_3
10-10-2010, 12:43 PM
he will have to show his attitude problems are in the past. That is all I mean. If you watched him at Kentucky, and read about his high school days, he definately had an attitude problem and brushed with coaches. That doesn't mean he will do the same in the NBA, but he has something to prove. There is a reason he was passed over a number of picks. It sure wasn't for lack of physical talent

Eh you've only seen and read one side of the story then.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5293484

Hawkeye15
10-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Eh you've only seen and read one side of the story then.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5293484

I watched a lot of Kentucky games as well. He pouted and disappeared at times. He also had a whiny look on his face when coaches were talking to him after mistakes. Look, I would never wish failure on a kid, no matter the circumstances. But he has had an obvious attitiude problem, and has shown immaturity, as he is doing with his statements. i don't mind some trash talk, and saying the things he said. But he should wait until he plays a real NBA game, and goes up against NBA centers before he tells us all how good he is

MacFitz92
10-10-2010, 01:45 PM
What's wrong with a little trash talk every now and then. Isn't my style, but it happens.

NYtilIdie
10-10-2010, 01:50 PM
We need more players like Cousins in the league. I don't give a damn if he turns out s**tty, dude has the mentality of MJ and thats what the league is lacking. He doesn't say all the right things like majority of the players in the league. He stands up and becomes his own man by saying what he feels and I like that.

I think you guys are too accustomed to the goody-two shoes in the league now and forgot all about the mentality players had in the MJ era.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
We need more players like Cousins in the league. I don't give a damn if he turns out s**tty, dude has the mentality of MJ and thats what the league is lacking. He doesn't say all the right things like majority of the players in the league. He stands up and becomes his own man by saying what he feels and I like that.

I think you guys are too accustomed to the goody-two shoes in the league now and forgot all about the mentality players had in the MJ era.

I would love this from a player who had a few games under his belt. That is the only thing lacking for me.

Khalifa21
10-10-2010, 03:24 PM

I completely agree... I love his attitude. I'm fully behind him and can't wait for him to prove any doubters wrong.

Kyle916
10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Im trying to see whats so special, Cousins said of Favors. I guess thats what they really needed on their team. I really dont know.

^How is that not dissing Favors?

Let's be honest. He's a loud mouthed idiot who doesn't comprehend team needs, the concept of "potential" and doesn't respect his competition. BUT, hey, he's confident and it makes good TV. So I'm all for it.

Are you being serious?

AI4MVP
10-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Cousins is officially my favorite big man in the league. im gunna be rooting for him the whole year through and cant wait til he goes up some of todays big men

questkat
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I always preferred cousins over favors. felt favors is too much of a boom/bust type player. nonetheless i hope he does well

alencp3
10-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Evans and Cousins will be one bad *** duo

alencp3
10-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Whats the odds that Cousins will have fight in his rookie season?

imagesrdecievin
10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
The comments saying that he has the same attitude as Jordan are ridiculous. Jordan was an assassin on the court with his trash talk - but a professional off of it.

He probably doesn't realize that all that he is accomplishing so far is to put a target on his and his teammates back. Cousins loud mouth/demeanor is definitely going to hurt him with the refs. I'm very curious to see how he responds when he gets the rookie treatment from the refs.

VinceCarter
10-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Are you being serious?

That doesn't clasify as a "diss" for you?

tredigs
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Are you being serious?

"I don't see what's so special" = I don't think he's very good = dissing.

Can you seriously not make that correlation? What about that don't you get?

swaddell13
10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
cousins is a f*ckin beast and can talk all the ***** he wants because no one in their right mind would step up to him. he reminds me of shaq in his prime... thats why i dropped varejao and picked him up on my fantasy lol

zambo4president
10-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I like it. Enough of the respecting your opponent deal, bring back hard nosed loud mouth competitiveness. This is an athletic contest, if you really think your better then talk the talk but make sure you walk the walk.

G-Bay New J
10-10-2010, 11:46 PM
cousins is a f*ckin beast and can talk all the ***** he wants because no one in their right mind would step up to him. he reminds me of shaq in his prime... thats why i dropped varejao and picked him up on my fantasy lol

:facepalm:

Apophis
10-11-2010, 01:15 AM

:clap:

im liking this kid.. nothing wrong in beleivin in your abilities.. he thinks he was the best big in the draft.. i do too..

me too...

Dalembert is hurt, which gives Cousins a great chance to take that job from him. And he will prove he was the best big in the draft. All he needs is about 20 minutes a game to get a double double.

It's just funny how people get so butt hurt when a player shows some fire. He's not hurting anyone, he's just speaking his mind. You'd really rather have him reply with some canned answer about how "God had a plan for me and it was Sacramento" or "everything happens for a reason I just have to work hard" blah blah blah blah. We've all heard those responses a thousand times.

Cousins was and is clearly better, I heard Thorn picked Favors and Avey wanted Cousins. I think Thorn did it because he knew he was leaving and didnt want NJ to get an edge with Cousins. Demarcus Cousins was and IS clearly the best big in this draft. 25 and 10 is probably what he will be averaging in years to come unless he gets injured or doesnt react to NBA game play. The kid is 20 years old and has a body that most wish they can have. He is agressive and he has attitude which gives him a drive. It means he actually cares. I loved Cousins in college, I love when he turned down Memphis to go with coach Cal at Kentucky.

So did I... He was my favorite big that year...

swaddell13
10-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Evans and Cousins will be one bad *** duo

they gon be tough to beat :ohno:

THE GIPPER
10-11-2010, 01:50 AM
extremely immature

PrettyBoyJ
10-11-2010, 02:09 AM
LOL this guy talk a lot of crap, he's not even the best big man in his division.. smh

kgjfan243
10-11-2010, 08:10 AM
lol cousins is gonna be a beast

Ace33Bone
10-11-2010, 11:30 AM
I like cousin's confidence... as long as he can back it up i see no problem with him speaking his mind... paul pierce made a list of everybody that was drafted before him and he set out to destroy their teams and look where it has gotten him... caron butler did the same thing and he isnt bad himself

JayW_1023
10-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Attitudes aside...Cousins offense is much more polished than Favors'. But defensively, Cousins looks inferior to Favors.

Still I think Cousins has more star potential.

DerekRE_3
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Cousins has 18 points (6-11 FG) and 7 boards in 19 minutes so far tonight.

Mplsman
10-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Daaaaaang.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Cousins has 18 points (6-11 FG) and 7 boards in 19 minutes so far tonight.

and Wesley Johnson on a 85% hamstring has looked like Ray Allen so far this PRESEASON. So what? I hope Cousins has a great career, and if he can get his attitude problem fixed, he may very well have one. But you have been around long enough to know preseason doesn't mean much. Hell, my Wolves are beating up on teams. Big deal

Unruly Fan
10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Team chemistry: UP, League-wide Popularity: UP, Local Fan Popularity: UP

DaBUU
10-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I like it, NBA used to be loaded with bitter rivalries. Now with the USA teams and everyone wanting to play together, seems like everyone's in love. Good to get some heat back in the game with some of these young guys. As long as he back it up on the court tho.

DerekRE_3
10-13-2010, 10:15 AM
and Wesley Johnson on a 85% hamstring has looked like Ray Allen so far this PRESEASON. So what? I hope Cousins has a great career, and if he can get his attitude problem fixed, he may very well have one. But you have been around long enough to know preseason doesn't mean much. Hell, my Wolves are beating up on teams. Big deal

And you should know that HOW players look matters, even if its preseason. And as far as I'm concerned he doesn't have an attitude problem. Does he have an attitude, sure. Doesn't mean it's a problem. You need to stop buying what the media feeds you. The whole Cousins is a bad guy thing has just been said so many times that it has become true. I worry just as much about Cousins' attitude on the court as I do about any other Kings player.

And again, sure it's preseason, but you don't have per 36 minute averages of 25 points and 14 boards if there isn't something there.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 10:32 AM
And you should know that HOW players look matters, even if its preseason. And as far as I'm concerned he doesn't have an attitude problem. Does he have an attitude, sure. Doesn't mean it's a problem. You need to stop buying what the media feeds you. The whole Cousins is a bad guy thing has just been said so many times that it has become true. I worry just as much about Cousins' attitude on the court as I do about any other Kings player.

And again, sure it's preseason, but you don't have per 36 minute averages of 25 points and 14 boards if there isn't something there.

you didn't watch many Kentucky games I guess. I don't really feel the need to debate this, you are defending a player on your team, and that is fine. But I watched him, with my own eyes, pout like a little girl at times at Kentucky, and disappear when things weren't going his way. Hopefully that trait doesn't follow him into the NBA. DerekRE, why would you think I started buying into the media after all this time as repeating that I could care less what they say...

The Miami Cheat
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
lol cousins is gonna be a beast

i think so too.... but we'll see wha happens come regular season time

GSW Hoops
10-13-2010, 11:08 AM
I like cocky, confident players. What's wrong with a little trash talk? Sports are supposed to be competitive...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-13-2010, 11:17 AM

+1

DerekRE_3
10-13-2010, 04:16 PM
you didn't watch many Kentucky games I guess. I don't really feel the need to debate this, you are defending a player on your team, and that is fine. But I watched him, with my own eyes, pout like a little girl at times at Kentucky, and disappear when things weren't going his way. Hopefully that trait doesn't follow him into the NBA. DerekRE, why would you think I started buying into the media after all this time as repeating that I could care less what they say...

It's not just me defending a player on my favorite team. I've been saying the whole Cousins is a bad boy ******** is overblown since before the draft.

Ok, so a 18-19 year old freshman pouted during games in college. Cool. That's no excuse for teams to pass on a big man that talented. You've had guys like Johan Petro, Robert Swift, Greg Oden, Hasheem Thabeet, Eddy Curry, Darko Milicic, Tyson Chandler, and Gana Diop go very high in the draft because teams have been desperate for skilled big men. To pass on a big man of Cousins' talent and size because of pouting as a freshman in college is inexcusable, and frankly, ********.

And for a guy who would "disappear" he sure did ok, averaging 15 and 10 in only 23 minutes per game and beating out teammate John Wall for SEC freshman of the year. Cousins at worst will be the 2nd best player in this draft. He wasn't the most productive player in all of college basketball last year for nothing.

jimbobjarree
10-13-2010, 04:18 PM
derek, you have a disease that causes men in kings uniforms to appear to you as supermodels

DerekRE_3
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
derek, you have a disease that causes men in kings uniforms to appear to you as supermodels

Cousins had that effect on me before he wore a kings jersey:
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/05/22/sports/photos_stories/cropped/050_demarcus_cousins--300x300.jpg

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
It's not just me defending a player on my favorite team. I've been saying the whole Cousins is a bad boy ******** is overblown since before the draft.

Ok, so a 18-19 year old freshman pouted during games in college. Cool. That's no excuse for teams to pass on a big man that talented. You've had guys like Johan Petro, Robert Swift, Greg Oden, Hasheem Thabeet, Eddy Curry, Darko Milicic, Tyson Chandler, and Gana Diop go very high in the draft because teams have been desperate for skilled big men. To pass on a big man of Cousins' talent and size because of pouting as a freshman in college is inexcusable, and frankly, ********.

And for a guy who would "disappear" he sure did ok, averaging 15 and 10 in only 23 minutes per game and beating out teammate John Wall for SEC freshman of the year. Cousins at worst will be the 2nd best player in this draft. He wasn't the most productive player in all of college basketball last year for nothing.

I think we are not on the same page here. I am not in the slightest saying Cousins doesn't have the physical gifts to dominate. But I watched him, with my own two eyes, pout like a child when the coaching staff tried to correct a mistake, or pulled him for a stupid foul. That has to change. The NBA won't coddle you.

DerekRE_3
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
I think we are not on the same page here. I am not in the slightest saying Cousins doesn't have the physical gifts to dominate. But I watched him, with my own two eyes, pout like a child when the coaching staff tried to correct a mistake, or pulled him for a stupid foul. That has to change. The NBA won't coddle you.

And I'm saying that a player that young shouldn't be passed over for pouting as a freshman in college when he has the physical gifts that Cousins possesses. And as far as him arguing with Calipari, you should read what Calipari has said about that and/or listen to interviews he has given about that very topic.

jimbobjarree
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Its a shame Sloan doesnt get to coach him, that would have been a lot of fun to watch :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
10-13-2010, 04:41 PM
And I'm saying that a player that young shouldn't be passed over for pouting as a freshman in college when he has the physical gifts that Cousins possesses. And as far as him arguing with Calipari, you should read what Calipari has said about that and/or listen to interviews he has given about that very topic.

I won't argue this, but I am also very happy with what I have seen out of Wesley Johnson for my Wolves.
And Calipari was doing his job. The man churns out NBA players, and wants to keep his reputation. No way he would say, "The kid is a lunatic, thank god he is leaving"

CityofTreez
10-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Never ever doubt the Boogie Monster!

DeShaun Brown
10-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I love it. I'm sick of all of the buddy buddy, everybody's my friend type of players. As long as he doesn't go to far with it, I'm all for it.

sep11ie
10-13-2010, 05:11 PM
^Actually exactly what I was gonna say.

King P
10-13-2010, 06:03 PM
I hate when guys like Demarcus come into the league and think everything is gonna be smooth sailing. He doesn't seem to realize that playing and being a star in the NBA is not a given. He's taking all of this for granted.

Favors on the other hand knows that he will have to work hard to become successful and that he will do whatever it takes to get there.

jmtapia
10-13-2010, 09:10 PM
1st who said DMC thinks everything will be "smooth sailing"??

2nd what makes you think DMC isnt putting in the work to get him where he is suppose to be??

VinceCarter
10-13-2010, 09:49 PM
1st who said DMC thinks everything will be "smooth sailing"??

2nd what makes you think DMC isnt putting in the work to get him where he is suppose to be??

Well he seems to be "Talking the talk before walking the walk". That seems to be the problem here.

King P
10-13-2010, 10:18 PM
That's the attitude he's putting on. He seems to think he is going to have everything handed to him because of what he did in college and where he was drafted.

It doesn't work like that. I call it the Jamarcus Russell mentality

Hindy27
10-14-2010, 05:28 AM
This is all nonsense anyway.

- The Nets had Lopez and adding Cousins wouldn't have been the right fit. I have no doubt that the Nets would've taken Cousins if they didn't have Lopez.

- Cousins is a more polished player at the moment and should put up better numbers for the first few seasons.

- Cousins doesn't have Lopez next to him, taking lots of shots off him. The Nets are giving the ball to Lopez whenever they go inside, Lopez is the focal point for the Nets. Favors is left to his own devices pretty much.
So his points are only going to come from the odd shot here and there when left open, and getting offensive boards. He just doesn't seem aggressive enough yet to get too many boards but that will come.

Chest Rockwell
10-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Nothing wrong with having a chip on your shoulder, Kings fans should be happy about it. Maybe Nets fans too, if it motivates Favors to do well.

el_primo_nano
10-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Cousins better be the greatest thing since the wheel for talking so much **** already. He sounds like a ******** T.O with his dumbass comments

ShakeN'Bake
10-14-2010, 09:08 AM

Does that mean Wesley is going 0-For for in very important games?:p

Hawkeye15
10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Does that mean Wesley is going 0-For for in very important games?:p

it means reading into the preseason is meaningless

JayW_1023
10-17-2010, 04:30 AM
We need someone who succeeds Sheed to make some crazy guaranSHEEDS and rack up T's. Cousins fits the profile so far.

billy17
10-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Is confidence such a bad thing in the NBA?

Players say these things on an hourly basis. Whether its to each other, fans, media, whoever; its just a matter of it getting out. I like it!