PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts or things that standout from preseason so far?

spreadeagle
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
A few things that caught my attention...Of course Wade's injury reminds us all that the Miami superteam is one injury away from being just pretty good.Wade and Bosh both usually sit out a good number of games per year. Amare Looks like a beast on the Knicks and is playing with some swagger and attitude,but they are still a piece or two away from being a playoff threat IMO. Not sure if Felton and Turiaf are going get them past the first round.Raptors blowing the suns out by 50 was crazy.Not sure if this means the Raptors are going to be O.K or the Suns are just going to be really bad,maybe just a fluke but I like how the Raptors have a bunch of young hungry guys looking to make there mark and not vets looking to coast and cash a check.Last but not least DARKO actually looked really good for the wolves in the 2 games I saw.With not a lot of media attention on him he may be able to pull it together this year.Hes got some sweet post moves.The Wolves with Love Beasley and there young PG's will be a decent team to watch.

Avenged
10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Lakers suck now.

Gators123
10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
For the Pistons

Jerebko suffered a partially ruptured Achilles tendon in the 1st quarter of the Heat game. He will be out all season. Not a good way to start out.

mjt20mik
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Raptors:

The talent of our team (may not jump at you) but is very spread out through our roster. Our guys are playing harder on defense, and actually rebounding the ball better. P.J Carlesimo is working very hard with the young guys, and its showing.

Spurstowinitall
10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Yao really needs to get in game shape. TP looked like he did 2 years ago. And Houston showed that they can run with a slow Yao. Sorry only preseason game I watched so far.

spreadeagle
10-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Raptors:

The talent of our team (may not jump at you) but is very spread out through our roster. Our guys are playing harder on defense, and actually rebounding the ball better. P.J Carlesimo is working very hard with the young guys, and its showing.

Im real glad to see Carlesimo on the coaching staff.Hes underated I like him

tangent12
10-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Bulls:

A sleeping beast that's about to wake up on October 27th with Messiah Korver leading us thru the valley of death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spreadeagle
10-08-2010, 02:45 PM
For the Pistons

Jerebko suffered a partially ruptured Achilles tendon in the 1st quarter of the Heat game. He will be out all season. Not a good way to start out.

Ed Davis is out for the Raps too,not as long but I feel your pain.

spreadeagle
10-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Bulls:

A sleeping beast that's about to wake up on October 27th with Messiah Korver leading us thru the valley of death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice:D

Hoopsadvocate
10-08-2010, 02:53 PM
A few things that caught my attention...Of course Wade's injury reminds us all that the Miami superteam is one injury away from being just pretty good.Wade and Bosh both usually sit out a good number of games per year. Amare Looks like a beast on the Knicks and is playing with some swagger and attitude,but they are still a piece or two away from being a playoff threat IMO. Not sure if Felton and Turiaf are going get them past the first round.Raptors blowing the suns out by 50 was crazy.Not sure if this means the Raptors are going to be O.K or the Suns are just going to be really bad,maybe just a fluke but I like how the Raptors have a bunch of young hungry guys looking to make there mark and not vets looking to coast and cash a check.Last but not least DARKO actually looked really good for the wolves in the 2 games I saw.With not a lot of media attention on him he may be able to pull it together this year.Hes got some sweet post moves.The Wolves with Love Beasley and there young PG's will be a decent team to watch.

Actually it showed us even if we do lose one player were still pretty dominant. Lebron and Chris rolled through that game with ease still and if wade had stayed probably even more so.

What also stood out is our bench is not weak at all miller and haslem know there roles and everyone gels fine contrary to what everyone was saying we would be.

Slimsim
10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
The Celtics Are scary. The second unit is deep.

spreadeagle
10-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Actually it showed us even if we do lose one player were still pretty dominant. Lebron and Chris rolled through that game with ease still and if wade had stayed probably even more so.

What also stood out is our bench is not weak at all miller and haslem know there roles and everyone gels fine contrary to what everyone was saying we would be.

Miller has always been nice if he can stay healthy,Chalmers gunna be getting mad open looks...FOR THREE lol

spreadeagle
10-08-2010, 03:03 PM
The Celtics Are scary. The second unit is deep.

Id be kinda worried bout the Oneals..isnt Jermaine injured? he sucked for us in Toronto.Missed the Celts game last night though

Mudvayne91
10-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Carmelo is still here.......

Kashmir13579
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
knicks have two second round steals and a beast of an underrated rookie. Landry Feilds, Timofey Mosgov, Andy Rautins

alencp3
10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
knicks have two second round steals and a beast of an underrated rookie. Landry Feilds, Timofey Mosgov, Andy Rautins

Agreed also the Cs are scary, i mean Erden is killing it and he will like the 12th guy off the bench

DaBUU
10-08-2010, 04:21 PM
we're going to regret the Noah contract and not moving him for Melo. I love Noah but we're going to need that offense.

Sadds The Gr8
10-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Kleiza = 2010-2011 MVP.

Kashmir13579
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Agreed also the Cs are scary, i mean Erden is killing it and he will like the 12th guy off the bench

no doubt man. i was watching like "who is that guy"? LOL. Cs are stacked for sure man. if they stay healthy this season they are my favorites to win it all.

Gators123
10-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Austin Daye is definitely the Pistons future starting SF

today he had 21 points 7 rebounds 3 assist in 24 minutes

Ben Gordon played another good game, looks like he will have a bounce back year.

WolvesJagsOs
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM

This, very excited about the team we have put together. Webster has looked very good as well.

WolvesJagsOs
10-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Austin Daye is definitely the Pistons future starting SF

today he had 21 points 7 rebounds 3 assist in 24 minutes

Ben Gordon played another good game, looks like he will have a bounce back year.

Ive really liked him from day 1. Hope he works out.

Wade>You
10-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Heat are playing great. And that's without Wade, House, (and tonight Arroyo) playing. ;)

Before the game, I knew the Thunder would be a good challenge to the Heat. They proved me right, but the Heat eventually pulled up to 20plus lead for a long stretch until the camp invites and 3rd stringers came in.