PDA

View Full Version : Just Imagine!

Nels@Ryerson
10-08-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty sure this topic has been discussed to death, but after seeing Tim Lincecum's performace against the braves, could you just imagine how our pitching staff would have been, especially if we didnt trade halladay out.

Halladay
Lincecum
Marcum
Romero
Cecil
Morrow

Obviously we would have to trade someone from those 6 and could fill a void on either bullpen or hitting lineup, but that hands down the best pitching line up in MLB.

One can only wonder what it could have been:(

nstojic
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
hhahahah i worked a night shift, last night and driving home just now, i thought about this VERY thing... imagine if the giants bit on JP's offers and we swindled timmy from them... doc probably sees enough 'there' to stay for an extra year or two... marcum comes back... romero emerges.... cecil emerges... we probably don't trade for morrow BUT

doc
lincecum
marcum
romero
cecil

AMAAAAAAAZZZZZZING!

oh well, there's always video games :D

Halladay
10-08-2010, 09:09 AM
The Giants really considered it too, it was never an offer on the table for J.P and co but IIRC that deal very nearly went through.

BlueJayFanDan
10-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Makes me sad that we couldn't pry away Timmy.

Eagles4Lyfe
10-08-2010, 04:35 PM
i thought it was cain wasnt it...
Either way as stupid as this sounds i think Cain is the better of the 2, if he actaully got run support last couple years he would've won 25 games easily no question..Its a shame

Eagles4Lyfe
10-08-2010, 04:37 PM
But either way we won 85 freaken games this year when we werent even expected to, if our BP help down atleast 10 or 11 leads we had we would've been possibly talking playoffs, thats insane...
If we seriously correct our BP and strengthen it to how it was a couple years ago we'll be lights out

LechWalesa
10-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I think that the Jays should take a serious look at signing Cliff Lee before they think of buying a bullpen. I would like a better bullpen, but I think we have to sign Cliff Lee if we want to compete in the next 2-3 years. Why? Because not only would Cliff Lee make our rotation deadly, but if we don't sign him the Red Sox or Yankees will.

YSJJaysfan
10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I've been thinking the same thing re Lee. It's now time to fill the holes as AA says through free agency. The core group is there now. Let's just top it and we are off to the post season in 2011.