PDA

View Full Version : The Alternative LeBron James thread: Opinion 1,113,123,644

WrongIslander
10-08-2010, 08:00 AM
So here it is. I'm a Knicks fan but my opinion might surprise you so give me a chance to explain before you judge the book by its cover.

The bad: Wades' house, beat the man not join him, the way he left Cleveland.

Now with that out of the way let's look at it from another view point.

LeBron was loved everywhere practically. I mean I used to watch Cavs games merely because he was playing and I doubt I was the only one. I desperately wanted him to come to NY and be the man but alas that wasn't the way it went down. I can honestly say hand on heart though I am just as happy, if not even more so with how things turned out.

LeBron as I say was almost universally loved. He could have gone to NY and people would have understood the decision much more, same goes for Chi-Town or if he was really brave the Clippers but he chose Miami and to be hated. Was it a good decision?

Well time will tell on that one but so far the answer would seem to be yes. He's playing with a chip on his shoulder and he's already becoming the leader of the Heat regardless of if it is/was Wade's House. He doesn't strike me as the same man who took his hissy fit in the playoffs and he seems much more centred on what he needs to accomplish.

If I could sum up the change that LeBron made it was very Tony Soprano-esque. He basically is saying to the league, keep doubting but I'm still the boss and "You don't gotta love me but you will respect me".

Off the court I doubt I'll ever respect him again, he'll never be a true legend in that spectrum but on the court? I'll be shocked if he isn't the MVP this year.

Preconceptions of the King's demise were greatly exaggerated. He may not be quite as regal as he once was but he's still the one on the throne in the NBA till further notice.

TheWatcher34
10-08-2010, 08:29 AM
it has been only one preseason game...

WrongIslander
10-08-2010, 08:36 AM
it has been only one preseason game...

I put very little to no stock in pre season however there is something about James that suggests to me he's a different man and he's more ready than he's ever been. Make of that what you will.

His talent has never been the problem....

NBAfan47
10-08-2010, 08:56 AM
LeBron James will remain the most devastating force in basketball court until he retires regardless of what people think about him. The man doesn't give a **** on hate. Once the season starts he will start piling up triple-doubles and people will start jumping on the bandwagon again. Mark my words.

fredo832
10-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Whos lebron James? I know of a guy named Lebron Queen but not James. Look I use to like the guy in a honest opinion but that stunt he pulled was very poor of him and might have ruined NBA as it is. I don't like what he did I don't like what he's doing. He talking about how he doesn't care about his fanbase bashing him and not carring? You want to be known as the greatest do it in the place you started. I wish him luck but pretty soon for the next six years IF the Heat when championships that long the fans will begin to lose faith in the NBA. It stupid how the NBA Let this happen. I mean yeah there's no way you could have stopped it but still

Heater4life
10-08-2010, 10:37 AM
LeBron as I say was almost universally loved. He could have gone to NY and people would have understood the decision much more, same goes for Chi-Town or if he was really brave the Clippers but he chose Miami and to be hated. Was it a good decision?

Well time will tell on that one but so far the answer would seem to be yes. He's playing with a chip on his shoulder and he's already becoming the leader of the Heat regardless of if it is/was Wade's House. He doesn't strike me as the same man who took his hissy fit in the playoffs and he seems much more centred on what he needs to accomplish.

If I could sum up the change that LeBron made it was very Tony Soprano-esque. He basically is saying to the league, keep doubting but I'm still the boss and "You don't gotta love me but you will respect me".

Off the court I doubt I'll ever respect him again, he'll never be a true legend in that spectrum but on the court? I'll be shocked if he isn't the MVP this year.

Preconceptions of the King's demise were greatly exaggerated. He may not be quite as regal as he once was but he's still the one on the throne in the NBA till further notice.

Lebron James has become dispised for several reasons, the major being he left Cleveland. Lets face it, we all thought he would stay, but Lebron decided not only to leave the team that drafted him but his home town team. The next step towards being hated were the teams he shunned in the process, all which are very large markets with very large fans bases (New York, Chicago, Los Angles). either way though he would have received backlash had he said "im taking my talents to the big apple or the windy city"

But to your main argument. This man is 25 years old, and as hard as it may be to fathom, entering his prime. He is surrounded by quality players and is determined to be a winner. Id say he'll perform very well in these coming seasons, regardless of the opinions of millions.

HakeemTheDream
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm not a Lebron fan per se, I lost a little respect for him as a player because he lost his intensity late in game 6 and I'm the type of person to play my heart out till the buzzer sounds no matter how much my team is down, so I can't empathize with Lebron giving up before the game ended. BUT I think people pay too much attention to all the off-the-court stuff and forgot why they watch basketball in the first place. I understand that haters will hate and they have the right to hate whoever they want but I just think it's stupid because for someone who has a bad mid-range and outside game he's actually a pretty good player. I didn't even watch the decision, I don't know why people care.

As for Lebron changing teams why care? Teams represent a city, players represent a game. Unless you're a fan of the city first and fan of the game 2nd then why care? Are you a fan of the NBA because of the game or because you like players personalities? Man, I wouldn't have cared if Michael Jordan was the biggest douchebag of all time I would have still been a fan of his game just like I'm still a fan of Michael Jackson's music even though he jerked off a little kid. I'm still got respect for Mike Tyson's boxing ability in his prime even though he lost the plot afterwards. Don't forget why you love the NBA and why you all watch this game.

The same thing applies to bandwagon haters, teams represent a city and players represent the game so what's wrong with being a fan of the player instead of the team unless you're from that city?

But if you really want to hate with flawed reasons then go ahead, I just think it's stupid.

mark1125
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Really? ANOTHER one? :facepalm:

Avenged
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Well at least it isn't a bash Lebron thread for once.

He really doesn't hold any throne though, aside from perhaps the regular season.. And he should be ready and know what to expect. He signed in Miami knowing their would be 2 great players aside from him that demand the ball, I'm sure he knows what to do and to expect.

I'm not worried about a player like Lebron though, he's a great talent that will find ways to adjust to any situation.

Baller1
10-08-2010, 11:24 AM
LeBron James will remain the most devastating force in basketball court until he retires regardless of what people think about him. The man doesn't give a **** on hate. Once the season starts he will start piling up triple-doubles and people will start jumping on the bandwagon again. Mark my words.

Yup. You're exactly right. I've been saying the same thing.

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
So here it is. I'm a Knicks fan but my opinion might surprise you so give me a chance to explain before you judge the book by its cover.

The bad: Wades' house, beat the man not join him, the way he left Cleveland.

Now with that out of the way let's look at it from another view point.

LeBron was loved everywhere practically. I mean I used to watch Cavs games merely because he was playing and I doubt I was the only one. I desperately wanted him to come to NY and be the man but alas that wasn't the way it went down. I can honestly say hand on heart though I am just as happy, if not even more so with how things turned out.

First off heat fan here and never was a fan of lbj, him coming to miami hasnt changed my views on him. However not to start a war of words but what gets me...
Is fan who seem bitter, and not let this man be a man and made a decision.
Now i didnt agree with the hour long special either, but i also didnt agree how teammates and im sure ownership knew DELONTE west was having a relationship with lebron's mom and didnt tell him until that horrible game 5 performance. That wasnt loyality and im sure that played a role on lebron not returning to the cavs, not to mention what lebron did for the cavs HE DID GIVE THEM 7 YEARS, were before him their were very medicore or not mentioned at all.

Now you mention how the fans would have been more acceptable of the decisions to take his talents to the knicks/bulls..
Why is that?
The whole idea of (joining another superstar) is still a factor
derrick rose= superstar and great supporting cast
amare= superstar, ny a great city, a MAJOR city.

so i ask if lbj/bosh went to the knicks/bulls
and d wade was still alone in south beach will you guys be happy?

Miami in sports is hated, DA U, and the dolphins.
The underfeated team ever (17-0 and losing the super bowl doesnt count pats)
And da U college dominance for years producing tons of talent in the NFL.

ESPN is known for spoonfeeding different cities.
1. NY
2.LA
3. CHI
4. DALLAS

Miami doesnt fall into that love fest so its understandable if you arent a person of sports IQ and just watch espn your emotions will side as to whatever they say.

I dont see the problem with lebron he is a GROWN MAN, he didnt ask for a trade he did his time. Now the hour long special i can see where there is some heartache about.

But everything else, just get over it.

If you dont like it, or the miami heat dont watch them..

Too easy

Heater4life
10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Welcome back Rose, long time no see. Good post as always...

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Welcome back Rose, long time no see. Good post as always...

thanks,
i try not to bias, as a fan you want to defend your team 100%.
However right is right, and wrong is wrong.
Many people would care less if wade was alone in south beach, some of the critics such as charles barkley referred to the miami heat as the tito's to dwyane wades mj.

Now the man has some help, and now they are punks...
You cant win if you are wade.
Win a championship and peform one of the greatest performances ever in the finals, and you get told you were handed a championship.
Put up record breaking numbers with a lackluster supporting cast and get told you cant be mvp look at your record.
Get two superstars and other players to humble themselves and join you FOR LESS MONEY, AND FAME. do become (possibly) one of the best teams ever.

Now you are cheating, and all of the other names the team has been called.

Even if the heat wasnt my team, and this would have happened to another team. I wouldnt be bitter, i love the game of basketball. and this is just a new way of playing it.

Its better to join forces than get DUI'S.. off the court. CHARLES.
LBJ hasnt done nothing to deserve this, in my eyes.
HE WAS A FREE AGENT!!!!!

again hour long special OVERKILL

But leaving that was his right!

I really wish people will get over it, and if you love basketball.
Enjoy the game

Ultimateheatfan
10-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I dont understand why ppl get mad that Lebron choose winning over money and a big market. Wade and bosh are his friends. whats better than wining and playing with your friends? ppl r just mad that he didnt choose their team. come on it happened and you cant tell me you wont be watching the Heat vs Celtics games or the Heat vs Lakers game. lol

fredo832
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
to be honest I don't like his choice because now the Heat are going to be known as a unbeatable team for the next 6 years! It ruins NBA knowing that some of the most famous players are all trying to play with eachother on one team. Trust me if Dwade and LBJ and Bosh all said they wanted to come to houston to play along Yao I would be extremely flattered but at the sametime it makes NBA pretty boring since you would have one of the most dominat teams Ever! The sport is to compete against other teams not just automatically win every single game cause you have more talent then probably two teams put together in just three guys.

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
i see your point however,
thats just like saying the years of the bulls made basketball boring. knowing everynight besides 10 of them they were going to win. and it wasnt it was rather enjoyable.

i think that this will be the same every night people will turn in to see if miami will lose, or just to see those guys play.

i think basketball is not enjoyable when you have guys getting in trouble off the court.

or being selfish on the court, in a thing called a team sport its rather shocking ppl want the (be the man) concept more.
instead of guys doing it together.

WrongIslander
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I think it says all it needs to say that I write such a positive thread in defence of LBJ and yet the response is people trying to defend him. Somewhere between sycophantic Heat fans (not all) and rabid fans of the rest of the league (not all) lies a middle ground and in that middle ground can be found the truth. Good luck finding it in the carnage though.

ShakeN'Bake
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Lebron James has become dispised for several reasons, the major being he left Cleveland. Lets face it, we all thought he would stay, but Lebron decided not only to leave the team that drafted him but his home town team. The next step towards being hated were the teams he shunned in the process, all which are very large markets with very large fans bases (New York, Chicago, Los Angles). either way though he would have received backlash had he said "im taking my talents to the big apple or the windy city"

But to your main argument. This man is 25 years old, and as hard as it may be to fathom, entering his prime. He is surrounded by quality players and is determined to be a winner. Id say he'll perform very well in these coming seasons, regardless of the opinions of millions.

Only reason why I am annoyed with him was that freaking tv show. I don't care that he left Cleveland, I don't care that hes with the heat I just thought the tv show was stupid.

Although I hate all extremely aggressive advertisement schemes and self endorsements, it just gets on my nerves. I wont vote for people who run political adds for themselves every half an hour, its annoying.

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Only reason why I am annoyed with him was that freaking tv show. I don't care that he left Cleveland, I don't care that hes with the heat I just thought the tv show was stupid.

Although I hate all extremely aggressive advertisement schemes and self endorsements, it just gets on my nerves. I wont vote for people who run political adds for themselves every half an hour, its annoying.

from a heat fan,
i didnt like it neither... HOWEVER,
LEBRON has had this type of attention before he took his talents to south beach.
I think the only guy that didnt have A man crush on him from ESPN is skip bayless.

The title king didnt even come from him, or better yet the chosen one.

THE MEDIA IS TO BE AT FAULT!!!!!
lbj could say the word ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and it would be on espn breaking news.

difference is, they never expected him to join with wade, if anything they would rather them be against each other.

i say to the ppl who are bitter because he didnt choose your city to keep/take his talents to. GROW UP.

and other teams who now have to respect miami more than just wade now, and taking shots ala orlando..boston..

they had no problem when it was 1 against 5, now the man has help and the team is much better as a whole..

issues?

in my best ocho cinco voice

child PLZ

ShakeN'Bake
10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
from a heat fan,
i didnt like it neither... HOWEVER,
LEBRON has had this type of attention before he took his talents to south beach.
I think the only guy that didnt have A man crush on him from ESPN is skip bayless.

The title king didnt even come from him, or better yet the chosen one.

THE MEDIA IS TO BE AT FAULT!!!!!
lbj could say the word ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and it would be on espn breaking news.

difference is, they never expected him to join with wade, if anything they would rather them be against each other.

i say to the ppl who are bitter because he didnt choose your city to keep/take his talents to. GROW UP.

and other teams who now have to respect miami more than just wade now, and taking shots ala orlando..boston..

they had no problem when it was 1 against 5, now the man has help and the team is much better as a whole..

issues?

in my best ocho cinco voice

child PLZ

haha I agree the media cannot stop slobbing on his knob like corn on the cob. That's really reason why I never really liked him in the first place but the tv show just tipped me over the edge.

However, I am apart of the camp that thinks them all being on the same team is going to make the NBA interesting.

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 01:35 PM
haha I agree the media cannot stop slobbing on his knob like corn on the cob. That's really reason why I never really liked him in the first place but the tv show just tipped me over the edge.

However, I am apart of the camp that thinks them all being on the same team is going to make the NBA interesting.

agreed.
i try not to comment because it always ends up going off topic. the nba will be more interesting, rather ppl like what happened in the summer of 2010. they will watch especially people who comment DAILY about what a douche lbj is... what punks these guys are. i can bet they will be locked in to every game that is televised in their respected area. some may have purchased tickets as well but claim to be so against the matter. i find it hiliarious.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I didn't like the decision but I will always respect his game.. What I don't like is how Lebron has been a member of the heat longer than most of the Miami fan base. Real heat fans excluded the flux of bandwagoners on PSD have gotten outta control. I almost feel bad 4 the real Heat Fans. I can't even find a Cle fan outside of prodigy on the forums anymore when there were tons of them b4. I can be called a hater bcuz I'm a Knicks fan but every1 knows it's true how annoying the new Heat fan base has become.

h2r09
10-08-2010, 03:35 PM
the fact that everyone bashed him is the biggest disgrace to sports in history. all we ever ask from athletes is to put money, fame, and personal ego aside in the sake of a team and in the sake of winning and he did exctly that, but now he is bashed because he did it on TV? people are ridiculous in the way they talk about lebron in a poor light because of the decision. espn built up his free agency literally for 4 years and then when they decide to show his actual decision and it gets bashed now they act as if he should have remained low key about it? please. give me a break.

Stop bashing the guy. he is the best player in the league without a doubt and there really isnt anyone close to him at this point. he is the most dominating player in the league and that also isnt close.

everybody one here talked nonstop about how he cant win anything and how he hasnt done anything and now he wants to go to a powerhouse that gives him the best chance of winning not just once, built multiple times and create a dynasty that shines on the team rather than himself and now he is a bad guy? don't blame lebron for the way things went down, blame yourselves and ESPN for putting unrealistic expectations on one person and then completely switching your mood just because you didnt like where he went.

the hate for him is ridiculous and will be gone the second the calender hits december and the season is underway again.

godolphins
10-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Lebron is great

Kenny Powders
10-08-2010, 04:19 PM
the fact that everyone bashed him is the biggest disgrace to sports in history. all we ever ask from athletes is to put money, fame, and personal ego aside in the sake of a team and in the sake of winning and he did exctly that, but now he is bashed because he did it on TV? people are ridiculous in the way they talk about lebron in a poor light because of the decision. espn built up his free agency literally for 4 years and then when they decide to show his actual decision and it gets bashed now they act as if he should have remained low key about it? please. give me a break.

Stop bashing the guy. he is the best player in the league without a doubt and there really isnt anyone close to him at this point. he is the most dominating player in the league and that also isnt close.

everybody one here talked nonstop about how he cant win anything and how he hasnt done anything and now he wants to go to a powerhouse that gives him the best chance of winning not just once, built multiple times and create a dynasty that shines on the team rather than himself and now he is a bad guy? don't blame lebron for the way things went down, blame yourselves and ESPN for putting unrealistic expectations on one person and then completely switching your mood just because you didnt like where he went.

the hate for him is ridiculous and will be gone the second the calender hits december and the season is underway again.

How is it a disgrace that people don't like Lebron James? We live in a part of the world that has freedom of thought, and I use that freedom to its full extent. Its what makes the world go round. So get over it if not everyone is salivating over Miami's newest superstar.

How has he put his ego, fame and money aside for us, as fans? He has done nothing for me. Except giving me a few good laughs about how stupid he truly is. His ego? PPPlease. He had a one hour (60 mins) tv special so we could all see where he's "going to take his talents". If that doesn't scream narcissist, I don't know what does.

Maybe he realized he never had the balls to lead a team to a title, and had to "latch" on to one in Wade.

ESPN had built up his free agency, but when they asked him to do "The Decision", has it ever crossed your mind that he could have said no thanks. You know the whole "If such and such asked you to jump of a bridge, would you?" Again, his intelligance comes into question.

I am not doubting Lebron's greatness as a basketball player, but his personal traits are being called into question, along with his ability to lead a team to a title. Commitment comes into question as well. Does everyone not remember the last game he played in a Cavs jersey. Once again the freedom of thought thing, I can hate on him all I want, its a matter of opinion. I am sorry it bothers you that I don;t agree with you.

Why should I blame myself? Because LeBron James couldn't win a title in Cleveland? How is this my fault? He is the one who done the show, he is the one who came out with the sentence that will stick with him for the rest of his career, in a mockingly way. The ole "I'm taking my talents..." sentence.

The hate will not be gone from my point of view, and what ever team awards the Heat get while the "big 3" is there will never been seen as pure to me. But thats just my opinion. The opinion you think I shouldn't be allowed to have.

beasted86
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
He could have gone to NY and people would have understood the decision much more, same goes for Chi-Town or if he was really brave the Clippers but he chose Miami and to be hated.

See that's where you and the majority of Hater fans have a fundamental misunderstanding of something that is so plainly obvious yet it would jump up and smack you in the face and you still wouldn't know what hit you.

Whether you dislike LeBron's decision, or LeBron's "Decision", the fact still remains joining the team in Miami is giving him the best chance to win. Out of all the cap space teams that could pay him more than the mere mid-level exception, Miami gives him the best chance to win. Better than Cleveland, New York, Chicago, or New Jersey, just plain better chance to win. Once you guys come to grips with this, you will sleep better at night.

But I already know....me putting that phrase in bold letters 3 times in a row is still not enough... and neither were the numerous interviews LeBron did leading up to free agency where he relayed the same message. But when you finally start seeing this, things will become a lot clearer.

tr4shb0t
10-08-2010, 04:28 PM
So basically you're saying that you're a lebron fan and you have unconditional love for the guy. Ok...

Kenny Powders
10-08-2010, 04:37 PM
See that's where you and the majority of Hater fans have a fundamental misunderstanding of something that is so plainly obvious yet it would jump up and smack you in the face and you still wouldn't know what hit you.

Whether you dislike LeBron's decision, or LeBron's "Decision", the fact still remains joining the team in Miami is giving him the best chance to win. Out of all the cap space teams that could pay him more than the mere mid-level exception, Miami gives him the best chance to win. Better than Cleveland, New York, Chicago, or New Jersey, just plain better chance to win. Once you guys come to grips with this, you will sleep better at night.

But I already know....me putting that phrase in bold letters 3 times in a row is still not enough... and neither were the numerous interviews LeBron did leading up to free agency where he relayed the same message. But when you finally start seeing this, things will become a lot clearer.

Does loyalty not come into play here? Especially a home town team. This guy pretty much went on national tv and said **** you Cleveland. Real classy.

tangent12
10-08-2010, 04:45 PM
LeBron sucks.

adidas2307
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
First off heat fan here and never was a fan of lbj, him coming to miami hasnt changed my views on him. However not to start a war of words but what gets me...
Is fan who seem bitter, and not let this man be a man and made a decision.
Now i didnt agree with the hour long special either, but i also didnt agree how teammates and im sure ownership knew DELONTE west was having a relationship with lebron's mom and didnt tell him until that horrible game 5 performance. That wasnt loyality and im sure that played a role on lebron not returning to the cavs, not to mention what lebron did for the cavs HE DID GIVE THEM 7 YEARS, were before him their were very medicore or not mentioned at all.

Now you mention how the fans would have been more acceptable of the decisions to take his talents to the knicks/bulls..
Why is that?
The whole idea of (joining another superstar) is still a factor
derrick rose= superstar and great supporting cast
amare= superstar, ny a great city, a MAJOR city.

so i ask if lbj/bosh went to the knicks/bulls
and d wade was still alone in south beach will you guys be happy?

Miami in sports is hated, DA U, and the dolphins.
The underfeated team ever (17-0 and losing the super bowl doesnt count pats)
And da U college dominance for years producing tons of talent in the NFL.

ESPN is known for spoonfeeding different cities.
1. NY
2.LA
3. CHI
4. DALLAS

Miami doesnt fall into that love fest so its understandable if you arent a person of sports IQ and just watch espn your emotions will side as to whatever they say.

I dont see the problem with lebron he is a GROWN MAN, he didnt ask for a trade he did his time. Now the hour long special i can see where there is some heartache about.

But everything else, just get over it.

If you dont like it, or the miami heat dont watch them..

Too easy

Wait a minute. A few weeks back, Derrick Rose and Amar'e Stoudamire were not superstars in any HEAT's fan's mind. Now, I see you calling them superstars and the HEAT fan below you agrees with you and calls it a good post?

And now the Bulls have a great supporting cast? I remember every one of you bashing it.

Lastly, what's underfeated?

effen5
10-08-2010, 04:53 PM

Disagree

Rose, Boozer, Noah, Deng, SG, Lebron > Wade, Bosh, Lebron

If he went to Chicago, that team would have been absolutely ridiculous just the fact that almost every position would have had a near all star not to mention Lebron would still be leading Chicago.

He went to Miami to become Wades ****** but oh well, its his decision.

Personally, I kinda hoped he stayed in Cleveland and won a title, but its obvious now that he couldn't.

Most people are sick of him because of all his hype and how supposedly he calls himself king. Dont give me that ******** where he didn't come up with it, I mean doesn't he already have a tattoo that says Chosen One? Chosen One for what? Chosen to become Wade's ******.

Either way good for Miami, maybe they can start filling up their arena.

Heater4life
10-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Does loyalty not come into play here? Especially a home town team. This guy pretty much went on national tv and said **** you Cleveland. Real classy.

Thats where the problem lies. If he were to announce his departure of Cleveland in any other fashion to ANY team, they still wouldve taken it as a **** you.

The problems were simple A) he went on TV B) he left Cleveland C) he shunned every MAJOR market in the NBA that invested years in planning for this years free agent class. C.2) He joined the 2 other major free agent prospects on one team, mostly second tier was left.

That there is what made this the perfect storm for Lebron hate.

effen5
10-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Thats where the problem lies. If he were to announce his departure of Cleveland in any other fashion to ANY team, they still wouldve taken it as a **** you.

The problems were simple A) he went on TV B) he left Cleveland C) he shunned every MAJOR market in the NBA that invested years in planning for this years free agent class. C.2) He joined the 2 other major free agent prospects on one team, mostly second tier was left.

That there is what made this the perfect storm for Lebron hate.

Wow, I actually agree with a Heat fan.

beasted86
10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Disagree

I'm not going to debate this point because you are one of the many deluded Bulls fans I've noticed baiting around these forums and getting infracted in the Heat forum.

I erased the rest of your quote because the rest of what you said had nothing to do with winning, and until you understand the perspective of winning, then you'll realize the rest didn't play into the decision.

All the comparison really comes down to is how much better you think Chalmers, Wade, and Miller is than Rose, Deng, and Johnson, and how much or if you think Bosh, Haslem, and Anthony are better than Boozer, Noah, and Gibson.... we are excluding any veteran minimum players after using up cap space. That's all it really comes down to in the comparison.

Heater4life
10-08-2010, 05:15 PM
to be honest I don't like his choice because now the Heat are going to be known as a unbeatable team for the next 6 years! It ruins NBA knowing that some of the most famous players are all trying to play with eachother on one team. Trust me if Dwade and LBJ and Bosh all said they wanted to come to houston to play along Yao I would be extremely flattered but at the sametime it makes NBA pretty boring since you would have one of the most dominat teams Ever! The sport is to compete against other teams not just automatically win every single game cause you have more talent then probably two teams put together in just three guys.

What most fans dont understand, including yourself, is how difficult it is for this situation to occur. ( and how risky) First the players all have to have contracts ending in the same year. Then there has to be teams with enough money to sign them. The Miami Heat had TWO players on its roster this off-season, the product of many trades throughout the last several years along with free agent signings made with buyout clauses for this off-season (james jones and mario chalmers), also handing our 1st rounder to OKC for free ( cook and the 18th, for a 2nd rounder). The salary cap was also a bit bigger than expected and gave them just enough to sign all three at the max ( if not they would have to take pay cuts which was not a certainty).

My point is, if Dwayne Wade would have decided to leave, that move alone would've sent back our franchise a decade and the BIG THREE would've been the big ZERO. Contention to Lottery. It was all in. So the Miami cheated argument disgusts me, because the team took an ENORMOUS risk and luckly it paid off. But it could have been a very different outcome for the Heat.

Heater4life
10-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow, I actually agree with a Heat fan.

I can post a thought out opinion with a good foundation of facts, we may disagree, yet we can respect eachothers opinions as having a basis for discussion.

Now if it is a senseless opinion, with no facts and nothing more than utter impulse of "homerism". Then ill discredit and move on. Glad you know there at least a couple solid Heat fans in here.

omdigga
10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
LBJ did nothing wrong.. i admit im not as big of a fan anymore, but thats because he's not putting a city on his back anymore.
hes gonna be in the mvp discussion for as long as he plays..

h2r09
10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
i seriously find it hilarious just how delusional fans are when they say they wouldnt hate him had he done it any other way. it is the biggest cover up ive ever seen. it is the single biggest piece of ******** ive ever seen. stop putting that excuse over the fact that you are pissed he didnt go to your teams and went to a super power because that is really all you are doing.

the fact that you are arguing you wouldnt have been upset had he done it any other way is just the biggest load of crap i have ever seen.

When dwyane wade didnt go on TV for his announcement bulls fans still went from him being a hero to aying some pretty despicable things about him and his kids when all along, LITERALLY ALL ****ING ALONG, he said his kids would play 0 factor in his decision because they would be with him whereever. people just like to cover up there hatred for guys not going to their teams' with stupid excuses.

Just like all 3 of the guys were great players to bulls fans before july 7, after july 7 chris bosh was soft and doesnt play defense and definitely isnt the best power forward available, dwyane wade is way to injury prone and just played chicago, and lebron is an egomaniac who can never win anything and is at best the 3rd best player in the league. when in reality lebron is far and away the best and most dominant player in the league, dwyane wade is at least top 4 and still has 4 great years left and chris bosh is a phenomenal player and a great rebounder who will turn into a good defender and tough player in miami's culture and is much better than soon to be better but more overpaid tyson chandler/ eddie curry in Amare.

It is all just a big charade to cover up their hatred for these players and anyone with half a ****ing brain can see that. its all jealousy. suck on it bulls fans. have fun with mediocrity and paying joakim noah 12 million a year for hustle.

h2r09
10-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Disagree

If he went to Chicago, that team would have been absolutely ridiculous just the fact that almost every position would have had a near all star not to mention Lebron would still be leading Chicago.

Personally, I kinda hoped he stayed in Cleveland and won a title, but its obvious now that he couldn't.

Most people are sick of him because of all his hype and how supposedly he calls himself king. Dont give me that ******** where he didn't come up with it, I mean doesn't he already have a tattoo that says Chosen One? Chosen One for what? Chosen to become Wade's ******.

hahahahaha. you are seriously just the biggest hater in the planet. Boozer is undersized and injury prone and is not on bosh's level nd this is a superstar league. 1 superstar, 1 great player and 1 very good player is not better than 2 superstars and a grat player especially with miami's phenomenal role players.

Ya, let me tell you how big of wade's ***** he is. that statement just completely proves that you are a bitter bulls fan who is just pissed that his team got outmanaged by pat the rat.

miami has always filled up their arena when they are great and they have one of the best home court advantages in the league when they are great as opposed to when they a good but nothing special, very similar to the bulls'.

keep hating, but as dan lebatard said to new york, welcome to another decade of irrelevence.

Kashmir13579
10-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Mad of ya'll are ignorant. This is the only Lebron Thread i've actually liked or respected. Nice read Wrongislander. i think i feel almost the same about it.

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Wait a minute. A few weeks back, Derrick Rose and Amar'e Stoudamire were not superstars in any HEAT's fan's mind. Now, I see you calling them superstars and the HEAT fan below you agrees with you and calls it a good post?

And now the Bulls have a great supporting cast? I remember every one of you bashing it.

Lastly, what's underfeated?

First of all,
Dont judge everyone the same just because they cheer for the same team, i for ONE never claimed that d rose, and amar'e wasnt superstars. If you going to rebutal the post make sure it has logic! Unless i said those comments then it would be valid, but as i can see that isnt the case.

Yes the bulls have a great supporting cast, iam a heat fan but the truth is the truth. The bulls did a great job with getting talent together, however...
i think my team has a better one but thats just IMO.

Also the only undefeated team would be the MIAMI dolphins hence in ( ) i put the pats didnt win the super bowl.

Again if you are going to debate my post, please make sure your views are strong.

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 06:47 PM
i'm not going to debate this point because you are one of the many deluded bulls fans i've noticed baiting around these forums and getting infracted in the heat forum.

I erased the rest of your quote because the rest of what you said had nothing to do with winning, and until you understand the perspective of winning, then you'll realize the rest didn't play into the decision.

All the comparison really comes down to is how much better you think chalmers, wade, and miller is than rose, deng, and johnson, and how much or if you think bosh, haslem, and anthony are better than boozer, noah, and gibson.... We are excluding any veteran minimum players after using up cap space. That's all it really comes down to in the comparison.

preach

NBAfan47
10-08-2010, 06:48 PM
LeBron sucks.

Cool story from a cool fan who is having a great life (or not).

NBAfan47
10-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Disagree

Another cool story from another great (or miserable) life. I have seen most of these bulls fans worship LeBron like Jesus till July 8. Now LeBron didn't give a **** on your team and he becomes this and that. Life is too big to lose sleep over an athlete's personal choice. G E T O V E R I T

mrs rose
10-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I wonder if lbj joined the team the media wanted him to choose.
that would be
1. cavs
2. knicks.
3. bulls.

would these fans still have said the decision (tv program) would have been a bad idea?
its amazing how people act when they dont get their way.

if lbj didnt come to miami, i wouldnt have bashed him.
why? i guess iam an adult who believes the man gave the cavs 7 years, and got them from medicore to a playoff team almost year he was there.

now someone said loyality?
do you the think the cavs/ organization who knew about delonte west smashing his mom and not telling him until game 5 of a playoff game was that loyal?

it works both ways people, cavs werent loyal to him neither.

hence the back lash he took when he left it was classless and gave the city a bad look

i can put money on this, if wade would have left miami would have enjoyed the seven years he gave.

you didnt see any other team act that way, the suns lost amare no burning of jersery's
the jazz lost boozer again no classless display of events.

i know someone will say they arent the same type of star that lbj is.

ok when mj left chicago you didnt see that type of display of disrespect

Delrayhc
10-08-2010, 08:22 PM

He didnt choose Cleveland , Cleveland chose him. Did he honor his contract? Yes he did. He was loyal by honoring his contract.
Case closed.

fredo832
10-08-2010, 11:18 PM
1st of all I understand why all you Heat fans are sticking up for him. But think of it this way if Dwade left Miami and went to the Cavs to play with LBJerkoff and Bosh are you going to sit here and tell me you wouldn't be upset or disappointed that the NBA let this happen? This is nothing close to what the Bulls did when MJ was around niether is it close to the Celtics big 3. I don't care of him alone would have stayed in Clevland or went to any of the other teams that were rumored the fact that he made a pathetic move that pretty much proves that he will never ever be in the same sentence as MJ nor even Kobe by going to a team that already had two superstar and also pretty much admitting that he can't win a championship with the players around him. Kobe and MJ made the players around them better!

Hoopsadvocate
10-09-2010, 12:06 AM
1st of all I understand why all you Heat fans are sticking up for him. But think of it this way if Dwade left Miami and went to the Cavs to play with LBJerkoff and Bosh are you going to sit here and tell me you wouldn't be upset or disappointed that the NBA let this happen? This is nothing close to what the Bulls did when MJ was around niether is it close to the Celtics big 3. I don't care of him alone would have stayed in Clevland or went to any of the other teams that were rumored the fact that he made a pathetic move that pretty much proves that he will never ever be in the same sentence as MJ nor even Kobe by going to a team that already had two superstar and also pretty much admitting that he can't win a championship with the players around him. Kobe and MJ made the players around them better!

When he was rumored to go to chicago this off season we were saddned but we understood and a majority of us said wed wish him well because we understand he has to do it for his family (his kids in this case). Just because lebrons family isnt as public doesnt mean he doesnt have one and didnt think about them also. As he said they were a reason he made his decision what it was along with winning.

But also that situation would have to match exactly which it didnt.

Heres how.

Miami had flexibility they can truly build from scratch to give a higher chance of succeding and a top notch executive to help. Cleveland didnt they were stuck with those players and those contracts for the next couple years and if they already couldnt win with those players and there only getting older and declining how is that the best place for him to win. They added sub par players around lebron.

So if Miami was doing that and doing d wade a disservice and letting his skills rot with little chance at a ring then ya i would let him go heck that was a debate on the HEAT forum for the past 2 years before this summer happend. People constantly were pissed at Spo and Riley claiming we brought wade no help and this 2010 thing was to big of a risk and were tired of seeing a guy of Wades talent exhaust himself and settle for first round exits and not get the recognition nationally he deserved cause we all knew what hes capable of. So many were saying before the summer of 2010 that they wouldnt blame wade if he left if we couldnt get him any legit help or a chance at competing for a title again, which is exactly what happend for Lebron in cleveland,

Wade>You
10-09-2010, 12:14 AM
The bad: Wades' house, beat the man not join himSince when have Wade and LBJ ever met in a meaningful game? Since when are they bitter rivals? People who don't follow the game closely are the ones bitter and disappointed.

ElMarroAfamado
10-09-2010, 04:35 AM

meanwhile real winners are winning championships...

CHANGO
10-09-2010, 03:25 PM

With all due respect. But what? Was not that Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers, before Gasol came? When the Lakers were an average team.

The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

(You can listen to the whole thing. He leaves little doubt. He says he wants to be traded both because he has been lied to and because he isn't confident in their ability to surround him with appropriate talent.)

At the end of the show, Stephen A. Smith asks: "Is there ANYTHING the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?"

And Bryant responds: "No, bro."

Wow, OK. Is this really going to happen?

How does Kobe better players? Pulling 6-24 for a final with 2 assists? Please, Kobe has more talent in his team, that does not mean that he does best players playing next to him.

Not caught as an insult, keep up the post.

daleja424
10-09-2010, 03:35 PM
for all this talk about the HEAT ruining the NBA I have read 2 interesting things recently to suggest otherwise:

Firstly, Commish David Stern says that this could be the best basketball ever this year.

Secondly, Kevin Durant says the HEAT could SAVE the league. He says that the league will make so much money and get so many fans this year that they wont want to go into a lockout and risk ruining the hype. So this HEAT team could actually help stop a lockout.

hmmmm...

Heater4life
10-09-2010, 03:45 PM
for all this talk about the HEAT ruining the NBA I have read 2 interesting things recently to suggest otherwise:

Firstly, Commish David Stern says that this could be the best basketball ever this year.

Secondly, Kevin Durant says the HEAT could SAVE the league. He says that the league will make so much money and get so many fans this year that they wont want to go into a lockout and risk ruining the hype. So this HEAT team could actually help stop a lockout.

hmmmm...

Better still........if anyone saw the MIA v OKC game yesterday in Kansas City, i noticed a particular thing, Heat jerseys everywhere! People are excited about this team, saw at least 10 kids with jerseys. (lebron jerseys). Bad for the NBA b.s; when M.J played everyone knew who was going to the finals in the East that year, and he wasnt "bad" for the game.