PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin finally shows his potential!

alencp3
10-08-2010, 01:32 AM
The kid had beast night with 18 points (7-7fg) and 13 rebounds 1 block in 22 minutes
I see him being top 5 in rebounds this year
Also, Aminu who is oficially a bust according to PSD had 17 points (6-13) and 8 rebounds

letsgobrownies7
10-08-2010, 01:32 AM
He's going to be a stud.

Wade>You
10-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Best of luck to Blake Griffin.

alencp3
10-08-2010, 01:38 AM
BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1EcPVYy2JM On Cousins putback dunk

Wiz kids
10-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Pre-season.

shep33
10-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Pre-season.

Agreed.

jimbobjarree
10-08-2010, 02:01 AM
big boy numbers

MJ-BULLS
10-08-2010, 02:02 AM
i have him winning ROY over wall.

Baller1
10-08-2010, 02:08 AM
This kid is going to be a force in the league.

Baller1
10-08-2010, 02:08 AM

Me too.

Ovratd1up
10-08-2010, 02:15 AM
I love this kid.

Antipod
10-08-2010, 02:42 AM
oh boy. again, after 1 friendly game, ppl have him as an All Star x/

zambo4president
10-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Against the Kings...In pre-season? Move over Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin's the greatest big man to play in this era:laugh: What a joke

alencp3
10-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Against the Kings...In pre-season? Move over Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin's the greatest big man to play in this era:laugh: What a joke

No one said that you dont need to be an *****

Crackadalic
10-08-2010, 05:41 AM
This kid reminds me of the old school power forwards like karl malone he gonna take rookie of the year this season

IHeartNY
10-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Don't think a pre-season game tells much about his potential. I whish him best of luck that he stays healthy ... he has talent and needs big minutes to show it and to get better. On the other side ... he's on the Clippers ;)

bholly
10-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Like everyone said, these results don't mean much - but he definitely has a huge amount of potential. For the sake of every fan, I really hope he can stay healthy and reach it.

Carey
10-08-2010, 08:34 AM
He's showed his potential far before this game, the guy's a special talent.

xbrackattackx
10-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I like Griffin,

Haterz gonna Hate.

rhymeratic
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
SMH, when I see threads like this, it makes me want to quit reading PSD.

Madtown22
10-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I am interested to see him play, I hope he does well. He seems like a hard worker.

NBAfan47
10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Wall, Griffin, and Cousins are my early favs to win ROY but I think Wall will put up unbelievable numbers something like 20 ppg and 10 apg. It will be very hard for someone to beat him if his productions are like these.

I hope Griffin doesn't get injured again (Oden is responsible for inserting this fear in my mind..lol). He should be one of the leading rebounders in the league for sure if healthy.

ShakeN'Bake
10-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Good showing..but its preseason.

Ebbs
10-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Yea Blake or Cous for Roy

JayAllDay
10-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Only concern I have for Griffin is that he was out for the season when nobody touched him...

I have no idea what that means to his durability, but if he can stay healthy this man is a beast, a ROY candidate.

Chacarron
10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Great first step towards establishing himself amongst the rookies. As long as he stays healthy, Blake Griffin will bring some joy to all Clippers fans.

yoseppii12
10-08-2010, 11:42 AM

def this

jiggin
10-08-2010, 11:45 AM
The kid had beast night with 18 points (7-7fg) and 13 rebounds 1 block in 22 minutes
Also, Aminu who is oficially a bust according to PSD had 17 points (6-13) and 8 rebounds

shall we go down the list of players in a pre-season game that put up big numbers? I believe the defensive player portland picked up, Wesley Matthews has posted multiple 20+ point games in the preseason...but that doesn't even put him in the starting lineup since this is just the preseason.

Hell, griffin only scored nine points and grabbed seven rebounds in 22 minutes in their first preseason game...shall we discuss that...or just the numbers that make him look awesome?

moving on...

disgruntledbull
10-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Wall, Griffin, and Cousins are my early favs to win ROY but I think Wall will put up unbelievable numbers something like 20 ppg and 10 apg. It will be very hard for someone to beat him if his productions are like these.

I hope Griffin doesn't get injured again (Oden is responsible for inserting this fear in my mind..lol). He should be one of the leading rebounders in the league for sure if healthy.

:speechless:

tangent12
10-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Season ending injury in ... 3 ... 2 ... 1...

lavilevi23
10-08-2010, 12:19 PM
im starting to like this kid's play.

kylem4711
10-08-2010, 12:25 PM
shall we go down the list of players in a pre-season game that put up big numbers? I believe the defensive player portland picked up, Wesley Matthews has posted multiple 20+ point games in the preseason...but that doesn't even put him in the starting lineup since this is just the preseason.

Hell, griffin only scored nine points and grabbed seven rebounds in 22 minutes in their first preseason game...shall we discuss that...or just the numbers that make him look awesome?

moving on...

ha, did you really expect him to get 30/20 in his first game back from season ending surgery? The nerves he had and the expectations on his are incredible. by the way, 9/7 in 22 isnt bad. he also got into early foul trouble.

PrettyBoyJ
10-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Clips look like they might have potential to fight for a playoff spot.. They def. won't be getting pushed around like they used too

thekmp211
10-08-2010, 12:46 PM
i love how down on him people are .... he was the number one pick last year! and for good reason. as long as the guy can control his motor and stay healthy i think he's a lock for nba success. as is, he's a double-double waiting to happen. i'd say he has the potential to be more than that.

el_primo_nano
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
relax. preseason

feddi420
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
what is it with people attacking other people when they praise their players? all the guy said is he showed his potential (which i think he has a lot of) and people are jumping on him saying hes the next big thing...he is going to be something special or else he wouldn't have been the first pick overall...the statline is impressive even if its a preseason game...he went out there and played to prove that he has game and thats exactly what he did...just because its preseason doesn't mean every player doesnt try

Mishmin
10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Griffin's special. The game comes to him the way it comes to Durant. Just totally natural. I see a close race between Blake and Mr. Wall for ROY.

Geargo Wallace
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
This kid is an absolute stud. I'm looking forward to watching him during the regular season.

jiggin
10-08-2010, 01:57 PM
what is it with people attacking other people when they praise their players? all the guy said is he showed his potential (which i think he has a lot of) and people are jumping on him saying hes the next big thing...he is going to be something special or else he wouldn't have been the first pick overall...the statline is impressive even if its a preseason game...he went out there and played to prove that he has game and thats exactly what he did...just because its preseason doesn't mean every player doesnt try

probably because if everyone started a thread about a guy in PRESEASON that put up decent numbers in a game, there would be A LOT of useless threads, like his one.

People miss basketball, I get it...but its the preseason. hell, a lot of those rebounds and point came against 2nd and 3rd string matchups...that's definitely something to get excited about... LOL

alencp3
10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
probably because if everyone started a thread about a guy in PRESEASON that put up decent numbers in a game, there would be A LOT of useless threads, like his one.

People miss basketball, I get it...but its the preseason. hell, a lot of those rebounds and point came against 2nd and 3rd string matchups...that's definitely something to get excited about... LOL

Classic hater :facepalm:

feddi420
10-08-2010, 03:46 PM

ok listen buddy...this is a sports forum where people come to talk about sports. If you don't like what the forum topic is about then don't comment in it or start one that you have an interest in...griffin is a special talent and preseason or not this is really a good sign for clippers fans because he did it during an NBA preseason as opposed to a summer league or college game. Everyone playing in the NBA was a college stud and he showed he can hold his own. Next for him is to prove he can do it on a regular basis while staying healthy. But people like you jump on people because they are excited about their teams and players. Its preseason basketball shut up and enjoy it

JRisdabest
10-08-2010, 03:56 PM
7-7 eh not bad

kgjfan243
10-08-2010, 04:08 PM
This kids gonna be a star. Seen him play many times and he shows a lot of promise

Sly Guy
10-08-2010, 04:11 PM

so do I. Wall's a phenomenal talent, but I think he's still gonna need a few years of refinement to get live up to his potential after watching him all last season. Griffin is ready to go now [if his body is]

Jays Claw
10-08-2010, 04:20 PM
It's the preseason folks, and arguments/discussions shouldn't be soley based on it. I'm sorry, but 18 points and 13 rebounds in the preseason isn't necessarily going to translate into the regular season/playoffs.

I just love it how it's the preseason and many of you are already overrating players as well as criticizing them.

Don Starks
10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
who would you rather have at the PF spot TODAY:
Blake Griffin or Kevin Love?

Griffin has the potential, Love has more experience but less potential to be dominant.

Griffin is more explosive and fun to watch, but Love has a high IQ, is gritty and cleans the glass.

Jays Claw
10-08-2010, 04:55 PM

Kevin Love, easily.

Griffin has the potential, Love has more experience but less potential to be dominant.

I'm sorry, but Love has more than enough potential to be dominant. A rebounding machine with superb defense, soft hands and an ever so improving post game. Also, you sort of answered your own question there. Love today has a lot more experience and game than Griffin and anyone who disagrees is simply a homer.

Yeah sure, Griffin has crazy potential, but as for today he's a huge question mark and hasn't done anything significant to impress me. It's not even worth bringing up statistics. And yeah I know, Griffin is yet to play a single regular season game. While some of you will say, "But who would you rather start a franchise with?" and the answer is quite simple. - I'd choose Love because he's more seasoned while the only thing Griffin has going is athleticism and an unlimited ceilling.

effen5
10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
In before he gets hurt again.

Don Starks
10-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Kevin Love, easily.

I'm sorry, but Love has more than enough potential to be dominant. A rebounding machine with superb defense, soft hands and an ever so improving post game. Also, you sort of answered your own question there. Love today has a lot more experience and game than Griffin and anyone who disagrees is simply a homer.

Yeah sure, Griffin has crazy potential, but as for today he's a huge question mark and hasn't done anything significant to impress me. It's not even worth bringing up statistics. And yeah I know, Griffin is yet to play a single regular season game. While some of you will say, "But who would you rather start a franchise with?" and the answer is quite simple. - I'd choose Love because he's more seasoned while the only thing Griffin has going is athleticism and an unlimited ceilling.

I personally agree with you, but people tend to sway in the direction of the flashier player. TODAY, Love is definitely the better player, but Blake is going to make some plays early in the year that are going to change peoples mind. Also is seems like Rambis doesnt know what to do with love (as of last year). that will hopefully change this year, but Love should have gotten more minutes then he did.

With that said, I dont think Love is going to be dominant. I think he is going to be a great glue guy that leads by example, but I dont see him controlling games. Hes going to be like David Lee on steroids, but I don't think he will win you a playoff game by himself. Griffin has the ability to do that.

kswissdaf
10-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I dont think he is going to be good. Too small to play PF and too slow/not good enough shooter to play SF

Hotlikesauce21
10-08-2010, 05:25 PM
I most definitely would take the superbly athletic PF that can run the floor, rebound, block shots, slash, shoot a mid J, and completely change the momentum of a game with one monstrous slamma jamma.

Don't get me wrong. Kevin Love is talented, and has the potential to be really good...but nowhere comparable to a healthy, and hungry Blake Griffin.

Jays Claw
10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I personally agree with you, but people tend to sway in the direction of the flashier player. TODAY, Love is definitely the better player, but Blake is going to make some plays early in the year that are going to change peoples mind. Also is seems like Rambis doesnt know what to do with love (as of last year). that will hopefully change this year, but Love should have gotten more minutes then he did.

The casual NBA fan will definitely mention Griffin (despite his inexperience) as the better player because of some flashy dunks. However, don't you think at this point a solid 13-17 PPG and 8-12 RPG will go a long way in a team's success rather than a dunk or two?

With that said, I dont think Love is going to be dominant. I think he is going to be a great glue guy that leads by example, but I dont see him controlling games. Hes going to be like David Lee on steroids, but I don't think he will win you a playoff game by himself. Griffin has the ability to do that.

Love may not be dominant night in and night but he will be extremely efficient with his offense and defesne. You can't ask more from the guy and although I do agree that he ain't franchise player material (just yet), he's definitely got the tools and prowess to be a key building block in the Wolves' future. Not to say that Griffin won't be a key to the Clippers' success, it's just in the now, he's still got a long way to go (as well as Love).

Don't get me wrong. Kevin Love is talented, and has the potential to be really good...but nowhere comparable to a healthy, and hungry Blake Griffin.

How are both players even comparable? Griffin is yet to do anything significant in the NBA and Love has already got two solid years under his belt. And even if you were comparing them, Love is definitely the better player as today. I mean, what arguments are you going to use to support Griffin's case as the better player? His NCAA days?

Don Starks
10-08-2010, 06:07 PM
The casual NBA fan will definitely mention Griffin (despite his inexperience) as the better player because of some flashy dunks. However, don't you think at this point a solid 13-17 PPG and 8-12 RPG will go a long way in a team's success rather than a dunk or two?

Love may not be dominant night in and night but he will be extremely efficient with his offense and defesne. You can't ask more from the guy and although I do agree that he ain't franchise player material (just yet), he's definitely got the tools and prowess to be a key building block in the Wolves' future. Not to say that Griffin won't be a key to the Clippers' success, it's just in the now, he's still got a long way to go (as well as Love).

How are both players even comparable? Griffin is yet to do anything significant in the NBA and Love has already got two solid years under his belt. And even if you were comparing them, Love is definitely the better player as today. I mean, what arguments are you going to use to support Griffin's case as the better player? His NCAA days?

agree completely :clap:

GOON MUSIC
10-08-2010, 08:42 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DerekRE_3
10-08-2010, 08:44 PM
So last night was the first time Blake Griffin showed his potential? How did he go #1 then?

Robbw241
10-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Coin toss?^

fadedmario
10-08-2010, 08:53 PM
greg oden 2.0 - i bet he plays in 40 games this year

NBAfan47
10-08-2010, 09:17 PM
:speechless:

what? Dude has shown thus far that he VERY capable of putting up big numbers like that. I never said he will, but if he does he will be the ROY.

WolvesJagsOs
10-08-2010, 10:31 PM
oh boy. again, after 1 friendly game, ppl have him as an All Star x/

haha, agreed, BUT i think he will be a force in this league like others have said.

WolvesJagsOs
10-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Griffin is more explosive and fun to watch, but Love has a high IQ, is gritty and cleans the glass.

You prolly think I have a biased opinion cuz im a Wolves fan, but the guy is a monster. I think they will be really close, but i gotta go with Klove.

WolvesJagsOs
10-08-2010, 10:37 PM

A huge reason for that was because Klove and Al Jeff starting at the 4 and 5 just did not work at all, and when it was between Al Jeff and Klove at the 4, i have a feeling we maybe played Al Jeff more because we were tryin to up his trade value, so we gave him minutes, idk....just a thought.

JRisdabest
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
End of the 1st quarter today hes 4-4 fg 10 pt 5 reb...hes made 15-15fg straight

HT9Canada
10-09-2010, 12:01 AM
End of the 1st quarter today hes 4-4 fg 10 pt 5 reb...hes made 15-15fg straight

well he will be going to the d-league if he cant hit his free throws lmao

asandhu23
10-09-2010, 12:04 AM
well he will be going to the d-league if he cant hit his free throws lmao

false. Andris Biedrins

kjoke
10-09-2010, 12:21 AM
if he stays healty he will be one of the best pf in the league

RidgeRaider24
10-09-2010, 12:42 AM
we will see if he can stay healthy, could def b a stud tho

asandhu23
10-09-2010, 01:06 AM
I know my Warriors are dominating Clippers but my RoY choice for this year is absolutely a beast

23 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 blocked shot.

http://www.nba.com/games/20101008/LACGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0011000029

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

RidgeRaider24
10-09-2010, 01:11 AM
he should beast it if he stays healthy

JRisdabest
10-09-2010, 01:13 AM
23 n 9 in 23mins 2nite

29$JerZ
10-09-2010, 01:16 AM
3-10 FT is awful
He needs to make those even in preseason, should have 4-5 more points.

carter15
10-09-2010, 01:19 AM
I think we need a thread after every good game he has this year.

asandhu23
10-09-2010, 01:20 AM
3-10 FT is awful
He needs to make those even in preseason, should have 4-5 more points.

andrisbiedrinsinitis is contagious. Blake will get over it

beasted86
10-09-2010, 01:21 AM

^This

asandhu23
10-09-2010, 01:22 AM

yes sir. its going to be a good counter weight to Miami Heat and Derrick Rose threads

beasted86
10-09-2010, 01:23 AM
yes sir. its going to be a good counter weight to Miami Heat and Derrick Rose threads

To be honest it's still LeBron threads...

tangent12
10-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Season ending injury in 5 ... 4 ..... 3 .... 2 ........1....

asandhu23
10-09-2010, 01:30 AM
To be honest it's still LeBron threads...

Once season starts...

29$JerZ
10-09-2010, 01:31 AM

Tyreke Evans
John Wall
Derrick Rose
LeBron James
Blake Griffen

Will be the top 5 players named in threads this upcoming PSD yr

JRisdabest
10-09-2010, 01:31 AM
dudes a beast..hes gonna run away with roy

uprightciti
10-09-2010, 01:43 AM
if he stays healthy he might become my young favorite player this season

1. griffin
2. durant
3. evans
4. rose
5. curry
6. westbrook
7. jennings
8. wall
9. favors
10. cousins

uprightciti
10-09-2010, 01:46 AM
you could make a sentance out of most of those guys

griffin favors evans rose curry.

carter15
10-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Tyreke Evans
John Wall
Derrick Rose
LeBron James
Blake Griffen

I don't think that guy will be mentioned at all....

Still don't get why people make that mistake, over and over...

alencp3
10-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Blake Griffin- 23 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 fouls, 2 TOs and 1 block in 24 minutes 10-15 fg
The only bad thing was his free throw shooting 3-10 and his teamates who sucked

alencp3
10-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Sick highlights from Blake in this game http://www.nba.com/games/20101008/LACGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0011000029
WOW this kid is superstar in the making i hope he stays healthy

Baller1
10-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Season ending injury in 5 ... 4 ..... 3 .... 2 ........1....

I hope not, I wanna see this kid play.

Kakaroach
10-09-2010, 11:28 AM
So excited to see this guy in the regular season, he is my pick to win ROY.

beasted86
10-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Once season starts...
I don't buy that. There will always be more LeBron threads than Heat threads.

Tyreke Evans
John Wall
Derrick Rose
LeBron James
Blake Griffen

You dare leave out Kobe & Durant?
I sware outside of LeBron, that's all people talk about.

JayW_1023
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
If he stays healthy he'll be Amare with better fundamentals.

kgjfan243
10-11-2010, 12:52 PM
hope he comes back strong

sixer04fan
10-11-2010, 12:58 PM

I can't believe my eyes... A clippers fan!

Ripper Gein
10-11-2010, 03:56 PM
No one said that you dont need to be an *****

just remember most of these kids are lonesome sad individuals who feel a tad bit better about themselves by attacking other posters, so dont let it bother you too much.:D

ShaqShoes
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
The Clippers NEED this.

alencp3
10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I can't believe my eyes... A clippers fan!

Blake Griffin fan
Im fan of some young promising players

Btw tomorrow Clippers are playing against Spurs so it will be nice to see Griffin against the best PF of all time

alencp3
10-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Blake Griffin tonight against Spurs on Duncan:
13 points (5-11) 17 rebounds 2 assists 3 steals 1TO 1 block in 37 min

JRisdabest
10-13-2010, 12:57 AM
17 rebounds :)

JRisdabest
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Its a lock he will get 10+ rebounds every game

saintl2510
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM
this kid is the clippers franchise player for years to come.

Klivlend
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I dont think he is going to be good. Too small to play PF and too slow/not good enough shooter to play SF

Since when is 6'10'' and 251 pounds too small to play PF?

http://www.newsok.com/blake-griffins-height-is-no-illusion-hes-really-6-foot-9-in-socks/article/3370372

sep11ie
10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Since when is 6'10'' and 251 pounds too small to play PF?

http://www.newsok.com/blake-griffins-height-is-no-illusion-hes-really-6-foot-9-in-socks/article/3370372

Remember who your dealing with here...

OC Knights #11
10-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Shows his potential! In the Pre-season! YAAA! Congrats Clippers!

JRisdabest
10-15-2010, 01:28 AM
24 pts 14 rebounds 9-11 ft.. beast!

Johann
10-15-2010, 02:08 AM
24 pts 14 rebounds 9-11 ft.. Beast!

:9/11:

JiffyMix88
10-15-2010, 02:26 AM
BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1EcPVYy2JM On Cousins putback dunk

Did Cousins die after this? if so R.I.P. DeMarcus Cousins :violin:

abe_froman
10-15-2010, 03:30 AM
griffin showed potential last year(before being hurt),that wasnt the problem.it was the being out for the year with injury that did him in

Blazers#1Fan
10-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Rookie of the year over wall!

alencp3
10-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah i know he showed his potential last year too but people like forgot him after one year absence
Another beast night from him,im almost sure he is gonna have 20/10 season

alencp3
10-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Yeah i know he showed his potential last year too but people like forgot him after one year absence
Another beast night from him,im almost sure he is gonna have 20/10 season

xbrackattackx
10-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I loved the putback on Cousins then The Stare.....I hope they get a rivalry going...I hate all this
"Carebear'' NBA.

Chronz
10-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Blake Griffin tonight against Spurs on Duncan:
13 points (5-11) 17 rebounds 2 assists 3 steals 1TO 1 block in 37 min

So Duncan locked him up meh, I remember when Ostertag took it to Duncan in preseason

footballer2369
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Going to be a very good player... Never a superstar, but a very good all around player.. Probably an all star.

alencp3
10-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Going to be a very good player... Never a superstar, but a very good all around player.. Probably an all star.

Why not a superstar?
He has all the toolls to be, he just need to stay out of injuries
Never say never

kEviN21
10-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Girffin is beast

Kakaroach
10-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Great game last night, what a statline. Like I said earlier, my pick for ROY and maybe the Clippers will be competitive this year, who knows.

godolphins
10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
He's going to be better than Beasley

jmtapia
10-15-2010, 05:44 PM
He's going to be better than Beasley

thats not really saying much. Griffin >>> Beasley.

based on what?? are you a talent evaluator??

gbrl
10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
he looks good well see if it translates to the season

PrettyBoyJ
10-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I know he doesnt have anything but pre-season and summer league under his belt but from what I seen he's going to be a problem in the league.. VERY aggressive..

NYKNYGNYY
10-15-2010, 07:20 PM
the season hasnt even started yet and he never had a chance to show his potential but hes looked good

kjoke
10-15-2010, 07:43 PM
for some reason griffin is one of my favorite players. Hes so exploisive nd deadly, kids gonna be a supertar and one that lac needs, who nows in a few years they may be the boss of la

The Raven
10-15-2010, 08:11 PM
If it can translate into the regular season, then he's gonna be a star

JayW_1023
10-17-2010, 04:18 AM
He just seems like a class act as well...we need more stars with that kinda demeanor in this league.

alencp3
10-17-2010, 04:20 AM
Another beast night:
17 points (8-16) 14 reb 1as 2st 4 to

alencp3
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Tonight against Portland at home he is making his NBA debut!
What's the statline you expect?
I'll go with 22/13/2 55%

ElMarroAfamado
10-27-2010, 01:57 PM
ill be able to tell in the first 5 mins if this guy is for real...also if the Clippers are going to truly be transformed by him or be the saaame ole team as every year

alencp3
10-28-2010, 12:52 AM
15/12 so far not bad not bad

Dol-Fan
10-28-2010, 12:57 AM
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd go out of my way to find a Clippers stream online. I'm on the Blake Griffin bandwagon.

JRisdabest
10-28-2010, 01:21 AM
20 14 beast

jiggin
10-28-2010, 07:04 AM
he had a good game but he was overshadowed by 3 portland trailblazers with double-doubles and the clippers losing.

great individual numbers but same results

alencp3
10-28-2010, 07:40 AM
he had a good game but he was overshadowed by 3 portland trailblazers with double-doubles and the clippers losing.

great individual numbers but same results

How you mean he was overshadowed? He had like 9 offensive rebounds against one of the best rebounders in the league Camby and also Aldridge.
Also of course Clippers will lose when Kaman is 4-18 and Baron is chucking and Griffin doesnt get enough touches from the guards.

uprightciti
10-28-2010, 07:55 AM
clippers are my dark horse team

joeboow90
10-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Glad to see Blake Griffin doing big things in the NBA. I was watching the game and when he threw down that alley oop for his first 2 points that got me hyped, hes going to be having highlight dunks for a long time to come

beasted86
10-28-2010, 11:12 AM
How you mean he was overshadowed? He had like 9 offensive rebounds against one of the best rebounders in the league Camby and also Aldridge.
Also of course Clippers will lose when Kaman is 4-18 and Baron is chucking and Griffin doesnt get enough touches from the guards.

Just like Kaman was overshadowed all last year. :shrug:

Even if you are putting up 20/10 on over 50% like Kaman was before the break, if your team is losing, your stats are overlooked. Also see: Chris Bosh.

kylem4711
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
good showing by blake. for those of you that saw the game, did you see how intense he is? he has so much potential. just hope his body can take the beating.

miller74
10-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Finally? it was his first game

ManRam
10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
I have a problem with the title and the word "Finally". He proved he's the real deal in his first chance. Sure, he didn't play at all last year, but it's not like he hasn't proven his potential right off the bat. No one ever doubted his potential, and he's never had the chance to underachieve. In his first chance to prove his potential, he did. He's the real deal. Simmons got some flack for saying he's already a top 5 PF. He needs some more games to prove that, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he does establish himself as just that. He's the truth.

Things are finally, kind of looking up in LAC (even with the loss).

blams
10-28-2010, 11:51 AM
18 pts 19 rebounds from noah wasn't too shabby either.

But I'd trade him for Blake Griffin easily!

Revolu7i9n
10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
good lord the guy's an absolute beast

justinnum1
10-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Monster

Chronz
10-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Just like Kaman was overshadowed all last year. :shrug:

Even if you are putting up 20/10 on over 50% like Kaman was before the break, if your team is losing, your stats are overlooked. Also see: Chris Bosh.
Umm no Kaman was overrated and given an undeserved All-Star birth, so there gos your point

Niro
10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
griffin plays great right now.. i am looking forward to warriors vs clippers on friday to see him live in action...clips really got a great talent there i think he will be the best pf in 2-3 years in the nba

clehmun
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
he's making me a believer. this guy's a beast.
but it looks like he doesn't know how to conserve his energy yet.

he goes for every loose ball, dives, falls hard etc. don't get me wrong, thats what you want from your players. but he's a franchise player, a superstar. he needs to know how to play the right way to save his body from getting hurt/tired.

his team needs him to stay on the floor so while it's a good thing to play like a varejao or turiaf, he needs to be smart and play like the franchise player he is.

kylem4711
10-28-2010, 01:20 PM
^^ first time i have agreed with a laker fan.

mpete1229
10-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey I was wondering if I could get some advice on Griffin:

Would you trade Kevin Durant for Blake Griffin and Russel Westbrook in fantasy basketball?

arkanian215
10-28-2010, 06:40 PM
When I saw his nasty dunk, I was thinking about his landing rather than the dunk. I thought for sure that knee would break right there. Good stress test right there. I'm glad he's healthy.

camador22
10-28-2010, 08:25 PM
I gota admit I thought he would be solid but never this good. This guys flat out as athletic as Dwight but with great offensive potential. I saw an absolute beast for a guy that's missed an entire season. This year he's going to be a top 3 PF and you could quote me on that.

hihbidty
10-28-2010, 08:44 PM
^^ Nice shave

Carey
10-28-2010, 08:49 PM
This guy is on a rampage....not Blake Griffin, Waste Management! lol

Bulls_fan90
10-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Great posts.

footballer2369
10-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Griffin>Rose>Oden>Wall

JRisdabest
10-28-2010, 11:04 PM
top 5 pf.top 5 in scoring.top 5 in rebounds

herniateddisc
10-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Need to get rid of Davis in order for Griffin to really develop.

He actually reminded me a bit of a cross between Larry Bird and Karl Malone and Dominque Wilkins.

Can shoot, can dribble, can drive, can pass, can rebound, can block shots, can play above the rim, can bull you below it.

Pretty amazing for a guy 18 months removed from Ball.

airforceones25
10-29-2010, 02:08 AM
HE HAS ARRIVED!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1027/la_g_griffin_b4_400.jpg

J4KOP99
10-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Hopefully he stays healthy because you can already tell how much fun he will be to watch. Great for the Clippers, they deserve some success.

alencp3
10-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Fast paced game it will be against Warriors tonight (morning in my place), so he should score more than 25 points and maybe 15+
I expect big game from him

alencp3
03-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Bump
Because it feels good