PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Lynch

Hawk503
10-07-2010, 07:30 PM
There's no question that the trade helps us, but how big of an impact are you expecting him to make right away? Personally, I have relatively high hopes. It's exciting to add someone this talented to the running game. Get the best out of the beast Pete!

hawks4life
10-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I think it will not only help our running game, but it will improve our passing game too. Now defenses will have to be more aware of our running game which will leave our wr's open.

Baller1
10-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I have high hopes too. We haven't had anyone this talented since a young Shaun Alexander. Hopefully Hasslebeck steps his **** up or gets benched, and we can get this offense going.

NateyB24
10-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Lynch will make us better hes not afraid to punish people SA benifieted from Hutch and Big Walt it was apparent when he didn't have those big holes Walt and Hutch made for him he was just going to get hit and fall down.

Don't get me wrong i appreciated SA but he never made a defender think twice about tackling i like the ones who lower the shoulder then boom.

seahawks509
10-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Did you guys watch him his rookie season? He had 1,036 yards off of 250 rushes and 8 TD's. Average 4.1 YPC. That not bad, not bad at all for a rookie. If we can get anywhere near that then it's gonna be a steal. He's ONLY 24!!!!!Since we have a better/younger O-line than Buffalo and a more enthusiatic coaching staff. Im almost positive he's gonna be rejuvenated (Idk how to spell it).

I see more wholes being open, worrying about our passing game, screens, and draws. He's gonna power through some whole that may nto be quite there, and is gonna get some help from J-Force and Washington (Do we have a nickname ofr Washington?). Our talented WR are gonna be more open do to the fact of a potential good running game. We will soon see how good he can really block.

Now don't get me wrong, I still think that we have a long way to go, and our running game is still gonna have some problems, but this is going to go a long way in our attempt in a fast rebuilding.

seahawks509
10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
There goes my prediciton and fantasy of either getting Trent Richardson or Mark Ingram.

Hawk503
10-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm hoping it improves the passing game too. I also like seeing that Lynch is only 24 years old.

Hawk503
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Pete seems like the perfect guy to amp up anyone who needs to be refueled.

Baller1
10-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Lynch will make us better hes not afraid to punish people SA benifieted from Hutch and Big Walt it was apparent when he didn't have those big holes Walt and Hutch made for him he was just going to get hit and fall down.

Don't get me wrong i appreciated SA but he never made a defender think twice about tackling i like the ones who lower the shoulder then boom.

Oh, I know. There's no doubt that Alexander was a product of an all-time great O-line. But, that shouldn't downplay his abilities as a player because he really was a great running back.

shen
10-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Well running behind one of the worst o-lines in football where people knew it was going to be ran he has averaged over 4 yards a carry. If you go off that alone then he should have a huge impact. Like I was reading the other day, we have not had a 1k yard runner in nearly 5 years. This guy got that as a rookie, the year after, and if not for numerous factors would have last year.

redzone59
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I have been asking for this trade for months. I cant even begin to say how friggin happy I am to see "money" in the back field. Its brings instant respect to Seattles run game. "Money" is very fast and very strong. Hes going to run thru the NFC West like a sharp knife going thru warm butter. Lynch is just as fast (4.45) as Steve Jackson but much stronger. He is legit. Once Seattle gets its oline going Lynch is going to be running for day light all day!

Hawk503
10-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Can't wait for the bye week to pass and get another gameday

furmat60
10-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Can't wait for the bye week to pass and get another gameday

Yeah, me neither. I want to see him in action. I would really like to see this:

Lynch- Main back
Forsett- 3rd down back/ change of pace back
Washington- KR/ screens. He would be awesome used in screens.

Just by acquiring him, we have made every part of our offense a little better....and our defense if they stay off the field less.

Baller1
10-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Come on week 6, hurry up!

seahawks509
10-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Pete seems like the perfect guy to amp up anyone who needs to be refueled.

Agreed.

shen
10-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, we seem to have a thing this year for going after the guys who need that second or third chance. Which is all good as long as it works. It's a part of rebuilding, see who can get for cheap that is motivated enough to prove doubters wrong.

furmat60
10-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah, we seem to have a thing this year for going after the guys who need that second or third chance. Which is all good as long as it works. It's a part of rebuilding, see who can get for cheap that is motivated enough to prove doubters wrong.

That, and at our stage, almost anything is worth a shot.

Baller1
10-08-2010, 02:52 AM
That, and at our stage, almost anything is worth a shot.

Even benching Hasslebeck...

Come on Carroll! Just do it already.

Seattle King
10-08-2010, 04:11 AM
I hope Lynch helps make this offense a little more consistent (consistently good).

SEAbeliever
10-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Once the O Line is playing with a little continuity and better efficiency, Beast Mode is going to be top of the division.

Seattle King
10-20-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.seattlesportscentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/MLynch.jpg
http://www.seattlesportscentral.com

On Sunday, a surge of “Beastmode” tweets were blasted from Seahawk enthusiasts as we watched something we haven’t seen in effect since 2005….a relevant running game. Marshawn “Beastmode” Lynch made his presence felt immediately as he powered his way to 44 yards on 17 carries against the Chicago Bears.

Statistically speaking Lynch’s stats were far from “Shaun Alexanderesque” but his impact on the feel of the Seahawks offense went far beyond the stat lines. Lynch’s power was felt by the stingy defense of the Chicago Bears and the pounding did wonders to open the much needed lanes for Justin Forsett, who carried 10 times for 67 yards.

Lynch’s power and force was complimented by Forsett’s speed and agility. These changes in pace made Chicago’s 3rd ranked rushing defense appear confused and lethargic.

This relevant running duo did precisely what Coach Carroll imagined as Matt Hasselbeck began the game with arguably the most well rounded scoring drive of the season. The squeaky wheels of the Seattle offense did appear to have been greased.

Collectively, Seattle will keep their 12th man fingers crossed as we bring our new found confidence back to Qwest Field for an interesting match up against the Arizona Cardinals. It will be a battle for first place supremacy in the NFC West in which Seattle is surprisingly favored to win. Being in sole control of our division would be a nice “change” of pace for the Seahawks.

FWBrodie
10-20-2010, 02:24 PM
1995?

...and spelled Qwest wrong. Who wrote this, you?

Mojo76
10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
You should go to Seahawks.com and watch video Charlies Pops pretty funny sorry no link on my Phone

furmat60
10-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Even benching Hasslebeck...

Come on Carroll! Just do it already.

Absolutely not.

House
10-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Here's the video Mojo is talking about... BEAST MODE is hilarious!

http://blog.seahawks.com/2010/10/18/charlies-pops/

NateyB24
10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Absolutely not.

Excactly why would we bench Hasselbeck? He put up great numbers and he gives us the best chance to win heck we are in the West to win it we go to Charlie and we get unknowns only when your out of the race do you switch. It wouldn't of even been close if John Ryan wouldve just punted that ball outta bounds instead of trying to boot one although that coverage was pretty poor. John Ryan shouldn't of tryed to tackle though no way he was going to catch Hester and now i know why Punters/Kickers don't try to tackle there pathetic at it lol.

furmat60
10-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Excactly why would we bench Hasselbeck? He put up great numbers and he gives us the best chance to win heck we are in the West to win it we go to Charlie and we get unknowns only when your out of the race do you switch. It wouldn't of even been close if John Ryan wouldve just punted that ball outta bounds instead of trying to boot one although that coverage was pretty poor. John Ryan shouldn't of tryed to tackle though no way he was going to catch Hester and now i know why Punters/Kickers don't try to tackle there pathetic at it lol.

Josh Brown laying out Devin Hester.

Enough said.

NateyB24
10-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Josh Brown laying out Devin Hester.

Enough said.

That doesn't mean all kickers/Punters will tackle like that though rarely ever do you see it.

I forgot about Josh Brown anyways hes a traitor.

seahawks509
10-20-2010, 08:36 PM

And almost everysngle one of them has worked.

Baller1
10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Here's the video Mojo is talking about... BEAST MODE is hilarious!

http://blog.seahawks.com/2010/10/18/charlies-pops/

That's awesome.

W@rH@wk
10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Yea I saw it earlier on Seahawks.com, that video is hilarious. He actually looks just like he could be Charlie's pops.

Mojo76
10-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Yah they really look close funny ****

NateyB24
10-20-2010, 10:42 PM

Yea Ruskell would've never made a mover for Lynch after reading about what he has done this is why i like Schneider hes willing to give guys 2nd and 3rd chances and not pass on guys with a bad past.

SEAbeliever
10-21-2010, 12:52 AM
First off, that Charlie's Pops video is f'ing hilarious, what a great energy he has about him.

Second, ****** Ruskell! I'm glad he went in and ruined Chicago :D He lined us up to knock him down :cheers:

The impact will be felt this Sunday vs The *****, they will be victims to my favorite new duo : The Golden Beast Force(TM) :D

Third, everyone who isn't a total subhuman deserves a second chance, especially coming from the likes of Buffalo or Detroit(or the Raiders or the Titans :D)

We can all laugh on the way to the crown...

GO SEAHAWKS!!

FWBrodie
10-21-2010, 02:58 AM

Great numbers? Come on, Matt hasn't sniffed a great number in years.

FWBrodie
10-21-2010, 02:59 AM
First off, that Charlie's Pops video is f'ing hilarious, what a great energy he has about him.

Second, ****** Ruskell! I'm glad he went in and ruined Chicago :D He lined us up to knock him down :cheers:

The impact will be felt this Sunday vs The *****, they will be victims to my favorite new duo : The Golden Beast Force(TM) :D

Third, everyone who isn't a total subhuman deserves a second chance, especially coming from the likes of Buffalo or Detroit(or the Raiders or the Titans :D)

We can all laugh on the way to the crown...

GO SEAHAWKS!!
Nice.

Seattle4Ever
10-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Last was 2007, which was actually good, especially behind a pretty bad line.

NateyB24
10-21-2010, 06:27 PM

Well im just saying like the Matt of old who used to put up enough points to have his team win.

If he keeps putting up Numbers like he did against SD and Broncos i can see a need to panic for Whitehurst but i don't see it at the moment.