Gators123
10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mArHU1ewSog

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
lets get it d howard

tangent12
10-06-2010, 03:26 PM
This is good to see, players of that caliber still looking to improve their game and continue learning. Specially from all time legends like Hakeem.

EDIT: Hakeem is in pretty good shape for his age. He still has those moves and finesse. Pretty impressive..

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
if howard gets some of hakeems moves down, I dont think anyone could stop him.

beasted86
10-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Hakeem was one of my favorite players growing up.

tangent12
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM

Agree, no way. He's too skillful and agile at the position, he's going to give a lot of teams nightmares.

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Hakeem was one of my favorite players growing up.

him and shaq are the two best centers the league has seen in the last 25 years.

Geargo Wallace
10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
thheeeeeeeeeeeeee Dreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm!

Chacarron
10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Hopefully Dwight can maximize his post moves as much as possible because he has the athleticism, speed and strength to dominate like Hakeem did.

10-06-2010, 03:52 PM
him and shaq are the two best centers the league has seen in the last 25 years.

and D12 will become the 3rd one :D (if he allready isn't)

macc
10-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Nice find. Dwight is your ideal NBA role model. He doesn't go around thinking he's the best. He's always trying to improve his game. Doing whatever it takes to reach his ceiling.

Tymer
10-06-2010, 04:11 PM

I think David Robinson is the 3rd best D12 should be 4th or 5th

rapjuicer06
10-06-2010, 04:18 PM
dwight still needs to get that ball up higher though...for how big he is that ball should be shot from above his head

Burkey3472
10-06-2010, 04:21 PM

:nod:

Rafer17
10-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Mvp?

Bullsfan22
10-06-2010, 04:51 PM
i love how humble howard is.

Slimsim
10-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Hakeem can probably come back and drop 20

smith&wesson
10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
hakeem will help howards offence alot more then ewing did thats for sure. imagine howard with a dream shake. hot dam boy.

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 10:20 PM

Its very possible with his athleticism.

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 10:21 PM

right now but when howard retires it could be a different story

ManRam
10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Hopefully some of this actually is noticeable this season. I've heard about Dwight's offensive progression for the last 4-5 off-seasons, and haven't ever really seen more than a few flashes of it in the regular season. If he can consistently create his own shot, it makes the Magic far more dangerous. Right now, he's still not a guy you can just feed the ball to and watch him score.

He's clearly got practice skills, he needs to have the game skills for the Magic to get better.

Rafer17
10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
IF D House can get these moves down...he might be the most dominant player in the NBA. And he'd dominate on both sides of the ball making him alot more versatile!

DreamShaker
10-07-2010, 01:07 AM

Hakeem
Shaq
Robinson
Ewing
Mourning

Were all better. Dwight has a chance to move past Mourning...maybe Ewing...

Raph12
10-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Hakeem
Shaq
Robinson
Ewing
Mourning

Were all better. Dwight has a chance to move past Mourning...maybe Ewing...

Mourning's overrated, everyone else was solid.

Accomplishment-wise: Dwight has 2 DPOYs and 1 Finals Appearance at the age of 24, he's already got as much as Mourning (his role in the championship season was as valuable as Leon Powe's) and has already eclipsed Ewing. If he an win 2+ titles (as the Final's MVP) and he wins 1+ MVP, he will have more accomplishments than any player on this list... This doesn't even include all of the DPOY awards he will have won by the time he retires (probably set a new record [current = 4]).

I'm not gonna get carried away with one video, but by the time he retires, I expect him to be up there with the other greats.

beasted86
10-07-2010, 01:55 AM

Accomplishment-wise: Dwight has 2 DPOYs and 1 Finals Appearance at the age of 24, he's already got as much as Mourning (his role in the championship season was as valuable as Leon Powe's) and has already eclipsed Ewing. If he an win 2+ titles (as the Final's MVP) and he wins 1+ MVP, he will have more accomplishments than any player on this list... This doesn't even include all of the DPOY awards he will have won by the time he retires (probably set a new record [current = 4]).

I'm not gonna get carried away with one video, but by the time he retires, I expect him to be up there with the other greats.

I feel sorry for you if you think Dwight Howard is in any way shape or form a better offensive player, defensive player, or leader than Alonzo Mourning. :pity:

Raph12
10-07-2010, 02:04 AM
I feel sorry for you if you think Dwight Howard is in any way shape or form a better offensive player, defensive player, or leader than Alonzo Mourning. :pity:

Mourning is way overrated, especially by Heat fans like you and to be honest, I couldn't care less what you think lol. When it's all said and done, Mourning won 2 DPOYs and won a ring coming off the bench, Dwight already has 2 DPOYs and I'm sure he'll get a ring or more with a much more valuable role than Zo had.

D Roses Bulls
10-07-2010, 02:31 AM

mourning had him, tim hardaway,brian grant, anthony mason,and eddie jones all in their prime and couldnt even make it to the finals in the weak east back then. he was a good center, but way overrated. at least dwight howard got his team to the finals in a very respectable eastern conference last year.

DreamShaker
10-07-2010, 04:02 PM

Already eclipsed Ewing?? Seriously? Ewing had a 28/11 and 4blk per game season. He averaged about 24/11 and 3 blocks during his 10 year peak. Howard has never avaerged more than 3 blocks a game or more than 21ppg. I really can't pinpoint one single aspect of the game in which Howard is more skilled or productive than Ewing.

And you put him against Hakeem or Robinson and it's no contest. Can you imagine Howard scoring 70 points in a game or getting a few quadruple doubles?

tangent12
10-07-2010, 04:20 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :laugh: :laugh:

Raph12
10-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Already eclipsed Ewing?? Seriously? Ewing had a 28/11 and 4blk per game season. He averaged about 24/11 and 3 blocks during his 10 year peak. Howard has never avaerged more than 3 blocks a game or more than 21ppg. I really can't pinpoint one single aspect of the game in which Howard is more skilled or productive than Ewing.

And you put him against Hakeem or Robinson and it's no contest. Can you imagine Howard scoring 70 points in a game or getting a few quadruple doubles?

You're an idiot, the league's changed so comparing stats between eras is just idiotic on your part.

Dwight accomplishments as of yet are 2 DPOY awards, a Dunk Championship and a Finals appearance, comparing that to what Ewing had accomplished (1 Finals appearance, ROY), Dwight is already more accomplished. Dwight is better in every aspect on the defensive end than Ewing, 100x better rebounder and can easily and efficiently score 20+ on the offensive end on any given night.... Looking back on Ewing's career, he has nothing to show for it besides a ROY award and one Finals appearance, hell even Okafor is nearly as accomplished.

I agree Hakeem and Robinson are both better atm, no one was questioning that.

Raph12
10-07-2010, 05:43 PM
He hit two bank shots over 7'6" Yao Ming in the game on Tuesday and has been working on his offensive game with Ewing and Hakeem all off-season. This is a video of him practising the bank shot and jumper he wants to incorporate in his game: http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2010/10/07/100710howardjumpersm4v-1433734/index.html

If he can translate this success into his game on the floor when it counts, he'll be unstoppable; league beware, you're in for a scare.

PS: ALSO SCROLL DOWN TO WATCH HIM SHOOT FTS (MAKES 18-20)

asandhu23
10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Magic Forum

footballer2369
10-07-2010, 06:04 PM
who cares forum...

Geargo Wallace
10-07-2010, 06:11 PM
this goes in the "everyone works on their game in the offseason, minus VC" forum.

29$JerZ
10-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Hakeem's move look so smoove even at this age, crazy.

Dwight developing a more polished post game is all he needs to dominate. Getting better at FT's though should be just as important too imo.

Raph12
10-07-2010, 06:42 PM
who cares forum...

Just cuz Bosh left your poor excuse for a franchise doesn't mean you should go thread-to-thread critsizing everything... So the Raps suck ****, what's new?

Let me guess, now your a Heat fan? :rolleyes:

DMasta718
10-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll wait till he applies that constantly in a game during regular season to see if he really improved hiss offensive skill.

Sidenote: Hakeem moves were so smooth and natural in that vid. Still looks great.

Jewelz0376
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I liked that jump stop spin in the post... Effective post moves are all about tiny details like how he showed d12 to spin right when he lands and to keep his elbow up...I wish i couldve had someone like hakeem to teach me post moves when i was growing up lol

DreamShaker
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
You're an idiot, the league's changed so comparing stats between eras is just idiotic on your part.

Dwight accomplishments as of yet are 2 DPOY awards, a Dunk Championship and a Finals appearance, comparing that to what Ewing had accomplished (1 Finals appearance, ROY), Dwight is already more accomplished. Dwight is better in every aspect on the defensive end than Ewing, 100x better rebounder and can easily and efficiently score 20+ on the offensive end on any given night.... Looking back on Ewing's career, he has nothing to show for it besides a ROY award and one Finals appearance, hell even Okafor is nearly as accomplished.

I agree Hakeem and Robinson are both better atm, no one was questioning that.

Thank you for calling me an idiot. Preciate it. You can never get enough aggression aimed towards you on the internet.

It's not like we are talking shorty shorts no-shot-clock era here. Ewing retired about 2 years before Howard came in the league. Ewing played against Shaq, Kobe, KG, and a good deal of the same guys Howard played against. Yes, the league is more guard oriented now with no hand-checking and such, but it's not that different. A rebound is still a rebound. A block is still a block. Points are still points. Skill is still skill. Howard is not a 100x better rebounder than Ewing. Where do you even get that? And how is he a better defender? Please back up your thoughts instead of calling me an idiot and saying "oh he's better". That is not a valid argument.

leoncito
10-07-2010, 07:07 PM

I want whatever it is your drinking. There is no question Dwight is already better in almost everyway than Mourning. About the only thing Mourning was better is maybe leadership and that may also change in time.

tangent12
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
just cuz bosh left your poor excuse for a franchise doesn't mean you should go thread-to-thread critsizing everything... So the raps suck ****, what's new?

Let me guess, now your a heat fan? :rolleyes:

lmao :D

Meaze_Gibson
10-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Man Hakeem had it put together better than any center in modern era. Dwight needs this bad. He's on par with Mourning but at this age, Mourning was better Offensively and Defensively. Dwight is a way better rebounder though. And also Dwight doesn't have any competition at center spot like they did. I mean whose next best Yao? Bogut? Kaman? Noah?..They're hardly dominant at anything and don't compare to likes of D. Rob, Ewing, Mourning, Hakeem, and Shaq.

Gators123
10-07-2010, 07:31 PM
who cares forum...

You obviously do otherwise you wouldn't of entered this thread.

xxcubs22xx
10-07-2010, 07:50 PM
For real. Once Dwight gets a consistent shot, it's over.

Bruno
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Things like this make it hard to not like Howard. He's willing to put in the work, and he's willing to listen to one of the all-time greats and take instruction from him. Hopefully this training rubs off on him more than it did under Ewing.

Not to mention it was a great watch, thanks for posting. I even feel like I learned a thing or two.

Bruno
10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
This is good to see, players of that caliber still looking to improve their game and continue learning. Specially from all time legends like Hakeem.

EDIT: Hakeem is in pretty good shape for his age. He still has those moves and finesse. Pretty impressive..

I was thinking the exact same thing. One thing that stood out to me was how high he releases the ball after executing a move. Howard needs to get better at that. He releases it just kinda above his head, his forum needs some work.

Raph12
10-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Thank you for calling me an idiot. Preciate it. You can never get enough aggression aimed towards you on the internet.

It's not like we are talking shorty shorts no-shot-clock era here. Ewing retired about 2 years before Howard came in the league. Ewing played against Shaq, Kobe, KG, and a good deal of the same guys Howard played against. Yes, the league is more guard oriented now with no hand-checking and such, but it's not that different. A rebound is still a rebound. A block is still a block. Points are still points. Skill is still skill. Howard is not a 100x better rebounder than Ewing. Where do you even get that? And how is he a better defender? Please back up your thoughts instead of calling me an idiot and saying "oh he's better". That is not a valid argument.

Okay I got a bit carried away with the name-calling, my bad.

Play is much slower now, the pace of the game isn't nearly as fast-paced as it was in Ewing's hayday. Dwight's defensive prowess is seen not in raw per game stats, you have to look deeper. Since his third year in the league, Orlando has finished Top 3 in each of the last 4 seasons (first in the last 2), his impact is not just on his own defender, it is on the whole opposing team. Ewing's Knicks didn't crack the Top 3 defensively until his 7th season and his supporting cast were much better defenders than Howard's. As for rebounding, Ewing has a career high of 18.8 TRB%, Dwight's career-low since his rookie season is 20.5 (~22 regularly).

Ewing's definitely the better offensive player skill-wise, but Dwight puts up 20+ppg on 60+FG%, not much of a knock there. Accomplishment-wise, Ewing didn't accomplish anything of significance... Anything else?

SteveNash
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Great video, working 3 days with Hakeem shows that Dwight Howard is more dedicated to the game of basketball than anyone else in this sport.

Geargo Wallace
10-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Just cuz Bosh left your poor excuse for a franchise doesn't mean you should go thread-to-thread critsizing everything... So the Raps suck ****, what's new?

Let me guess, now your a Heat fan? :rolleyes:

Raph12 you don't have to be a dick because your Magic aren't gonna' get past Boston or Miami this year.

Also, the Raps' universe doesn't revolve around Bosh the way yours revolves around DHoward.

Raph12
10-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Raph12 you don't have to be a dick because your Magic aren't gonna' get past Boston or Miami this year.

Also, the Raps' universe doesn't revolve around Bosh the way yours revolves around DHoward.

Oh so your psychic now? Miami won't get past Washington, anyone can make dumb claims, let's see the Heat prove it when it counts.

Btw it doesn't matter what the Raps' universe revolves around, they still suck.

xbrackattackx
10-08-2010, 09:07 AM
I watched this a few days ago, I wonder if Hakeem can give us 15 mins game, He was stroking everything in that Video..Him and Dwight look like they had fun and Dwight respected him so you could tell he was listening.

NBAfan47
10-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Hakeem is probably the most fundamentally sound big-man ever. Unbelievable foot work and quickness. Practice and repetitions can make you near perfect. Howard would be deadly if he can capture some signature moves of Hakeem.

Antipod
10-08-2010, 10:01 AM
even now, Hakeem looks smother offensively than Howard