PDA

View Full Version : Halladay Playoffs

pebloemer
10-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to create a Roy Halladay thread, to talk with Jays fans about his post-season in Philadelphia. I imagine I won't be the only one following closely.

I would really love to see him be a big part of a World Series Championship. Even if it isn't in a Blue Jays uniform.

DubbyDubbs
10-06-2010, 03:42 PM
agreed as i said in the other thread. it will be ALMOST as satisifying for Roy to win a championship as it would for the Blue jays to win. He is a true professional.

MaHaRaJaH
10-06-2010, 05:35 PM
^llol

scotttube
10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
agreed as i said in the other thread. it will be ALMOST as satisifying for Roy to win a championship as it would for the Blue jays to win. He is a true professional.

No way. Not anywhere near as satisfying. I like the guy but it doesn't mean close to the same thing if the Phillies win it with him vs. the Jays winning.

Kenny Powders
10-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Roy is proving to everyone around baseball what we Jays fans have already knew....he is hands down the best pitcher in the game

scotttube
10-06-2010, 07:33 PM
We gave him away. What a season. Perfect game, playoffs... no-hitter in the playoffs, world series?

Luca68
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
what a gem by halladay mad props to him.

Gibby
10-06-2010, 07:48 PM
what a gem by halladay mad props to him.

amazing!!!!

Kenny Powders
10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
That was awesome

JetLi
10-06-2010, 08:00 PM
He's sick! I can't believe what he just did.

scotttube
10-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Imagine if this was happening with him still on the Jays. I would be passed out right now.

H-MYK
10-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Awesome stuff by Halladay in game 1. :clap:

jrice9
10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
That was truly sensational

nstojic
10-06-2010, 08:13 PM
wow wow wow

roy muther****in' halladay!!!

BlueJayFanDan
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
He is so amazing. I miss him.

nstojic
10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
look what he's done in a philly uni... he's worth drabek AND brown... too bad we couldn't get them to include brown...

idrinkpepsi
10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
:worthy:

I missed both of Halladay's no-nos this year I figured I would of been safe since he had a no-no in the fifth and I'd be back the ninth but I ended up missing it. Congrats to Doc on an amazing feat.

DubbyDubbs
10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
2 words for roy halladay. Truly Amazing... This guy is the real deal. What a year. He'll win the cy, he had a perfect game, now a no hitter in the playoffs. What a great player and great person.

Also, to the poster before about not being as satisfying if the phils win as it would if the jays... Thats not what my point was about. I could care less that the phils would win... but i would be very happy that Doc one.. i know that both coincide with eachother because if doc will win so will the phils... but the only satisfation will be that Roy Halladay gets what he deservers and he showed that tonight.

Go Roy.

the_jon
10-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Uhhhhh.......uhhhhhh.........uhhhhhhhhh........... ......****ING OWNED

ah nuts
10-06-2010, 09:08 PM
:faint:

scotttube
10-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I think any chance of him going into the Hall of Fame as a Blue Jay just went out the window. Everybody (in the U.S) is going to remember him a Phillie and he'll likely be there for another 7 or 8 years anyways.

Ragun
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM

x2

JermanJaysFan
10-06-2010, 10:42 PM
look what he's done in a philly uni... he's worth drabek AND brown... too bad we couldn't get them to include brown...

The only fair trade for Roy Halladay is Roy Halladay.

StayOnBoard
10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
No way. Not anywhere near as satisfying. I like the guy but it doesn't mean close to the same thing if the Phillies win it with him vs. the Jays winning.

Funny how his opinion can be wrong? :shrug:

Im also cheering for the phillies and yes, it'll be very satisfying for me if he/they win it. Last time the Phillies won, I could care less. This time - I really really hope they go all the way!! Im a Phillies fan until the end of October - with Halladays gem today its easy to see why he's the best pitcher in baseball.

This doesn't make me any less of a fan, Im just a HUGE Roy Halladay fan. I want that man to get his ring, it's a shame it couldn't be Toronto but only the selfish wouldn't want him to win it here.

Go Doc :clap:

The only fair trade for Roy Halladay is Roy Halladay.

Completely agree. Doc's worth more than their entire farm system but that's not how the game works. Best pitcher in baseball, period.

nstojic
10-06-2010, 11:57 PM
the only fair trade for roy halladay is roy halladay.

qft

Pride
10-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Hopefully he goes into the hall as a Jay.

BigLee53
10-07-2010, 09:30 AM
hey guys, i just want to say you made a hell of an athlete.. i would feel wrong if i celebrate his accomplishments as a Phillie, and not credit you the fans, and your organization. you made a true player.. also the fact that (most of you) arent bitter, coming into the Phillies forum and talking about him, its almost as if it were a lost relative, or a ex moving on to someone else.. thats the only thing i can compare it to, because we never had a beloved player (of Roys caliber) move on, here in Philly. i just want to say from this season forth i will also be rooting for the Toronto Blue Jays, not out of respect, but as a fan.. i will try to watch Toronto just as much as i watch Philly.. who knows maybe ill even post regularly in here if i become acquainted with the forum. but yea.. thats about it. heres looking foward to 2011. :cheers:

BBB
10-07-2010, 10:22 AM
This is what I envisioned Roy Halladay doing but only with the Jays. I miss Doc :(

FlakeyFool
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
hes overrated

nstojic
10-07-2010, 11:27 AM
hey guys, i just want to say you made a hell of an athlete.. i would feel wrong if i celebrate his accomplishments as a Phillie, and not credit you the fans, and your organization. you made a true player.. also the fact that (most of you) arent bitter, coming into the Phillies forum and talking about him, its almost as if it were a lost relative, or a ex moving on to someone else.. thats the only thing i can compare it to, because we never had a beloved player (of Roys caliber) move on, here in Philly. i just want to say from this season forth i will also be rooting for the Toronto Blue Jays, not out of respect, but as a fan.. i will try to watch Toronto just as much as i watch Philly.. who knows maybe ill even post regularly in here if i become acquainted with the forum. but yea.. thats about it. heres looking foward to 2011. :cheers:

well said :cheers:

Luca68
10-07-2010, 11:36 AM
hes overrated

are you kidding meee?!?

nstojic
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
"It's no fun out there," Reds slugger Joey Votto said. "It's like trying to hit nothing. He's an ace among aces."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=301006122

scotttube
10-07-2010, 01:39 PM
lol was just on the greg brady show to vent my bitterness.

marcre
10-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I think any chance of him going into the Hall of Fame as a Blue Jay just went out the window. Everybody (in the U.S) is going to remember him a Phillie and he'll likely be there for another 7 or 8 years anyways.

Very true.

All season there's been posts about him going in as a Jay are very likely and some believe he'll want to come back to TO. I never thought either was possible.

He's a Philly now. He's accomplished so much there so far that his time in TO has been placed on the back burner by many who follow the game.

A perfect game, a no hitter in the playoffs, a great record(as well as the other stats). ADd a WS win to that and it's a given. This is only year one. He's going to keep it up and in a few years he should have a stellar Philly career under his belt as well.

He's a baseball God in Philly at this point. Their stadium is packed all the time. I'm sure he's having a blast there. Everything he's wanted out of a baseball career, he's getting in his first year from Philly.

I'm cheering for him, but I'm a Jays fan first.

StayOnBoard
10-07-2010, 03:55 PM
hes overrated

I assume you don't mean Doc Halladay.... or you have never watched him pitch (yes I know what forum Im on)

ah nuts
10-07-2010, 04:06 PM
I assume you don't mean Doc Halladay.... or you have never watched him pitch (yes I know what forum Im on)

how many pitchers in history threw 2 no hitters in one year???

dtmagnet
10-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Roy is the god of baseball.

MooseWithFleas
10-07-2010, 06:50 PM
We've had quite a few Jays posters come to our forum of late. Thanks for the support in the playoffs guys. I know it's all directed toward Doc and not really the Phils, but we appreciate it nonetheless. Feel free to drop by during Doc's next start to discuss the game with us :up:

H-MYK
10-07-2010, 07:46 PM
hes overrated

:guns: Give him THE CHAIR! :guns:

BBB
10-07-2010, 09:42 PM
^ He's being sarcastic.

Eagles4Lyfe
10-07-2010, 10:06 PM
O ya what an amazing guy i love this guys pitching ability and stamina so much..He deserves it who bette rto go down in the record books even though its the second hes still going to be remembered for that forever..I hope they give him the wrld series now to complete practically everything hes needed in an amazing and complete career

StayOnBoard
10-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Roy is the god of baseball.

Indeed. I remember those silly Phillies fans *****ing about that trade.

lawl... LAWL I say....

Doc Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball, by a fairly large margin in my opinion. He's got everything. Work ethic, control, determination, nasty stuff, heart... I'm a huge fan - I hope the Phillies go all the way :clap: Bring that man a championship!!!