PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas the next D-Rob?

Chronz
10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
If your confused with the comparison its an analogy for how D-Rob made room for Duncan to take reigns. Seems Arenas is doing that for Wall, only hes doing it from day 1.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/10/gilbert-arenas-im-moving-aside.html

I'm not here to fight anybody. I'm here to play alongside of him. He's Batman, I'm Robin. When I came in, Larry [Hughes] moved aside for me to become a star and I'm moving aside for him to become a star."

In the past week, Arenas has tried to contain his emotions. But he shared a few laughs with his teammates, as he scored 12 points, and grinned uncontrollably after Lester Hudson dropped the game-winning three-pointer with 2.5 seconds remaining. Afterward, the sentimentality was lost on Arenas. "I lost all feeling a long time ago. Basketball is basketball now, no matter what floor I'm on," Arenas said with a shrug. "It's just basketball. It's not rocket scientist. You go out there and you just play."

"He's going to be great," Arenas said. "He has knack for finding people and getting to the basket. I told him he's too young to be hitting the ground so hard, so often. When it's all said and done, they're going to have to compare him to what Derrick Rose and them are doing now because he's going to have the ball in his hands and an opportunity to score. He has a whole bunch of shooters around him and we're going to make him look good and he's going to make us look good."

Arenas added that is unlikely that there will be a return of the gregarious Arenas who reached superstardom with his game, quirky antics and entertaining quips. "It's a double-headed sword," Arenas said. "I guess at this point I'm at that point where people are going to nitpick everything I do just because I got in trouble, so no. I've just got to be serious and worry about what I'm doing."

PS I miss the old Gilbert but I thought the drastic change in character was worth mentioning.

Swashcuff
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
when I read the name I figured that was your point .... little extreme but very understandable.

8kobe24
10-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm sure John Wall will find him for an open 3 8/10 times, I just hope that he doesn't get too "trigger" happy.:D

Khalifa21
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
The way he's speaking it seems as if his heart isn't in it... Like he doesn't have the fire in him anymore.

He's always been at his best when he's trying to prove a point (the whole Agent 0 thing). I really hope he regains it, cos I love watching him at the top of his game.

TheBallerGuru
10-06-2010, 12:19 PM
If Larry Hughes hadn't moved aside he would have been pushed aside. Hughes as the number 1 player on a team is laughable :laugh:

alencp3
10-06-2010, 12:24 PM
John Wall is a stud,all star this year,quote me i take bets

smith&wesson
10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
If Larry Hughes hadn't moved aside he would have been pushed aside. Hughes as the number 1 player on a team is laughable :laugh:

hughes was a good player back then. he was really good. why do you think clevland went after him to put him along side lebron ... thats when it all went down hill for larry.

xbrackattackx
10-06-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree with Chronz. But Gilbert is NO ADMIRAL.

AddiX
10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Gil can say this stuff to cover himself with the media.

But anyone who has watched Gil knows damn well after a few games he's going back into superstar mode and he's going to chuck chuck chuck.

chomaru
10-06-2010, 12:38 PM
lol this was on the main page and I thought it was about Javier Arenas and Dunta Robinson.

AIsixersFK
10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Did anyone notice Arenas changed his number to 9? Is that supposed to be symbolic for 9mm? :guns:

TheBallerGuru
10-06-2010, 12:51 PM
hughes was a good player back then. he was really good. why do you think clevland went after him to put him along side lebron ... thats when it all went down hill for larry.

So you think if the move to cleveland never happened, Larry would have kept his form and never would have gone downhill? Great players adapt to their surroundings and raise their level of game. Injuries may have played a part, but he was not a go-to-guy. He was better suited as a 2nd or 3rd scoring option and a defensive stopper.

mikantsass
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Gilbert isnt as old as the Admiral was... But I guess I can see the comparison.

Rivera
10-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Did anyone notice Arenas changed his number to 9? Is that supposed to be symbolic for 9mm? :guns:

hahaha i never noticed that

Chronz
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
lol interesting

The way he's speaking it seems as if his heart isn't in it... Like he doesn't have the fire in him anymore.

He's always been at his best when he's trying to prove a point (the whole Agent 0 thing). I really hope he regains it, cos I love watching him at the top of his game.
Your a wiz (khalifa) fan, dont see too many of those on here

My friend manages a rapper who opens up for him check him out:
http://imlogicirap.bandcamp.com/

KnicksorBust
10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
"It's not rocket scientist." Am I the only one who is bothered by that?

On topic: Gilbert the humble 2nd banana could turn out to be a very good team player. Less 1 on 1's wouldn't kill him and he's got the perimeter jumper to play off the ball.

Unruly Fan
10-06-2010, 03:09 PM
PS I miss the old Gilbert but I thought the drastic change in character was worth mentioning.
After certain events last season. I think the need to get on everybody's good side has something to do with it as well.

MrBigShotBWill
10-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Wizards should have a nice comeback year alot of young great talent.

I think Gilbert will redeem himself this year if he stays healthy. Him and Wall could be a nice combo in the east. Though undersized he still seems to have the jets and the he can knock down the jumper.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
After certain events last season. I think the need to get on everybody's good side has something to do with it as well.

Yea thats how he explains it in the article, prolly the right move if you care about pleasing people who arent your fans already.

jezzyman05
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree with Chronz. But Gilbert is NO ADMIRAL.

:nod: NOT EVEN CLOSE

Rafer17
10-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I hope Gilbert does good this season. He has alot to prove, he essentially has not played for three seasons

omdigga
10-06-2010, 04:17 PM
routins... welcome to ny

Chronz
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
:nod: NOT EVEN CLOSE

Yea you guys are right, the Admiral didnt give up his throne until one last run as the main man. Gilbert is letting a rookie push him aside.

Bullsfan22
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Wall was going to take it anyway. Gilbert is being smart about the situation by saying this to the media.

smith&wesson
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
So you think if the move to cleveland never happened, Larry would have kept his form and never would have gone downhill? Great players adapt to their surroundings and raise their level of game. Injuries may have played a part, but he was not a go-to-guy. He was better suited as a 2nd or 3rd scoring option and a defensive stopper.

depends. if he was comftorable in the situation and the coaching style was more fitted to his playing style then he could have had more solid seasons with the wizards if he wasnt traded.. alot of if's there though.

I disliked mike brown. i think he was a terrible coach. I think no matter what player you would have put beside lebron in clevland under mike browns system would become a role player. larry hughes, mo will, jamison. . etc.

but im not calling larry hughes a great player. what im saying is at the time when larry was in washington he was very good. i dont know if he ever had it in him to be a great player or a first option on the floor. im not disagreeing with you there.

larrys career just took a down ward turn when he left the wizards and he was never the same after that.

back to the topic at hand.

gilbert has no choice. john wall is the face of the wizards now and gilbert can play nice or make his public image even worst then it is. he is chosing to play nice for now. maybe he could be a solid player playing along side wall. so long as he accepts his role as robin.