PDA

View Full Version : GMs pick Lakers to win NBA title

Swashcuff
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5654644

The Los Angeles Lakers will win the NBA title and LeBron James won't win the NBA Most Valuable Player award -- at least if a survey of NBA general managers is accurate.

ESPN.com TrueHoop blogger Henry Abbott takes an even deeper look at the NBA GMs survey. Blog

The annual NBA.com GM Survey, released Wednesday, says the Lakers are the team to beat, according to 63 percent of the 28 general managers who responded.

The Miami Heat, which picked up James and Chris Bosh to join Dwyane Wade during the offseason, was picked to win by 33 percent of the respondents.

The Boston Celtics were the pick of 4 percent.

In the MVP race, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder was the overwhelming pick, getting 67 percent of the votes. Kobe Bryant of the Lakers was second with 26 percent.

James, last year's league MVP, picked up just a single vote, as did Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic.

Other winners included John Wall as the league's rookie of the year (68 percent); Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz as the league's best point guard (60 percent); Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and Pau Gasol of the Lakers as the top power forward (29 percent); Howard as the league's top center (96 percent); James as the best small forward (68 percent); and Bryant as the top shooting guard (86 percent).

Bryant (79 percent) was the pick of the GMs as the player they'd rely on to take a shot with the game on the line.

mynameismo
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Not surprised. They are the defending champs. Until someone beats them, they will always be the team to beat.

I like how D-Will is getting a lot of love from the GMs.

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Don't see it posted, if it is, take it down.

The Los Angeles Lakers will win the NBA title and LeBron James won't win the NBA Most Valuable Player award -- at least if a survey of NBA general managers is accurate.

The annual NBA.com GM Survey, released Wednesday, says the Lakers are the team to beat, according to 63 percent of the 28 general managers who responded.

The Miami Heat, which picked up James and Chris Bosh to join Dwyane Wade during the offseason, was picked to win by 33 percent of the respondents.

The Boston Celtics were the pick of 4 percent.

In the MVP race, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder was the overwhelming pick, getting 67 percent of the votes. Kobe Bryant of the Lakers was second with 26 percent.

James, last year's league MVP, picked up just a single vote, as did Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic.

Other winners included John Wall as the league's rookie of the year (68 percent); Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz as the league's best point guard (60 percent); Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and Pau Gasol of the Lakers as the top power forward (29 percent); Howard as the league's top center (96 percent); James as the best small forward (68 percent); and Bryant as the top shooting guard (86 percent).

Nowitzki was also voted the top international player and Durant as the player the GMs would most like to start a franchise with. Howard was named as the league's top defensive player on 79 percent of the ballots.

Bryant (79 percent) was the pick of the GMs as the player they'd rely on to take a shot with the game on the line.

The Heat are the pick as the most improved team (39 percent), followed by the New York Knicks and Washington Wizards (14 percent). The Thunder was picked as the "most fun team to watch" by 52 percent of the respondents, while the Jazz was picked by 46 percent as the team with the best home-court advantage.

Phil Jackson, who returned to the Lakers, was voted as the league's best coach (39 percent).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5654644

Baller1
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
KD! There's an article on NBA.com covering everything Durant got votes for. Basically, he kicks ***.

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 01:32 PM
KD! There's an article on NBA.com covering everything Durant got votes for. Basically, he kicks ***.

here is another more detailed article of the votes.

Every preseason, the NBA.com GM Survey offers insight into the thinking of executives around the league.

This year the survey sends a strong message: GMs are not enamored with LeBron James and the Miami Heat.

They tell this story most starkly by almost completely ignoring the two-time reigning MVP James in predicting this season's MVP.

Last year, James won the MVP award by the second-biggest margin in MVP voting history. The season before that he won by almost as much. (Over the last two seasons, he has earned 225 out of a possible 246 first-place MVP votes.) At 25, James is at an age generally considered to be a player in his prime, he's expected to win more than ever thanks to his new teammates, and by objective measures of individual production he has been the only NBA player of his age to rival Michael Jordan.

However, in this season's GM survey, James received a single vote, out of 28 GMs surveyed, as the player most likely to win MVP. The Thunder's Kevin Durant -- fresh off a stellar performance for Team USA -- was the runaway favorite, winning 67 percent of the vote. Kobe Bryant -- who did not get a single first-place MVP vote last season -- was second with 26 percent. Like James, Dwight Howard received a single vote.

Although Las Vegas lines show the Heat to be the favorites among bettors, 63 percent of the GMs surveyed picked the Lakers to three-peat. Thirty-three percent of the executives picked the Heat to win, while 4 percent chose the Celtics.

Other findings of the GM survey:

* The Wizards' John Wall, this year's top overall pick, earned 68 percent of the vote as this year's likely rookie of the year. Last year's top pick, the Clippers' Blake Griffin, will also be a rookie after missing a season to injury, and received 29 percent of the vote.
* For the first time, Deron Williams (50 percent) of the Utah Jazz was voted as the top point guard in the league, overtaking the New Orleans Hornetsí Chris Paul (36 percent).
* The Dallas Mavericksí Dirk Nowitzki (29 percent) and Lakersí Pau Gasol (29 percent) finished tied as the best power forward in the league, replacing the San Antonio Spursí Tim Duncan, who had been selected as the best at his position for the past eight years.
* The Orlando Magicís Dwight Howard (96 percent) was voted as the top center.
* The Heatís James (68 percent) was named the best small forward.
* The Lakersí Bryant (86 percent) was voted the best shooting guard. Bryant is currently the only player to have been selected as the best at his position every year of the survey.
* Thirty-nine percent of GMs believe the Heat will be the most improved team in 2010-11 while 14 percent of general managers feel the New York Knicks and Washington Wizards would be the most improved teams.
* For the ninth consecutive season, Bryant (79 percent) was also selected by GMs as the player they most want taking the shot with the game on the line.
* Nowitzki (57 percent) was voted the top international player.
* Durant (56 percent) was voted as the top player GMs would sign to start an NBA franchise.
* The Boston Celtics (100 percent) were unanimously picked to win the Atlantic Division, Chicago Bulls (82 percent) in the Central Division and the Miami Heat (74 percent) in the Southeast Division. In the Western Conference, the Los Angeles Lakers (96 percent) were predicted to win the Pacific Division, the Dallas Mavericks (71 percent) in the Southwest Division, and the Oklahoma City Thunder (63 percent) in the Northwest Division.
* The Lakersí Phil Jackson was voted the best head coach (39 percent).
* The Magicís Dwight Howard was voted best defensive player (78 percent).
* The Bullsí Derrick Rose was voted fastest with the ball (21 percent).
* The Sunsí Steve Nash won the vote as best passer (75 percent).
* The Clippers' Griffin tied the Thunderís Russell Westbrook as the most likely to have a breakout season (15 percent).
* The Oklahoma City Thunder were called the most fun team to watch (52 percent).
* The Celticsí Ray Allen was voted the best pure shooter (54 percent).
* The Utah Jazz were voted the team with the best home court advantage (46 percent).

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/20224/gms-picking-against-lebron-james

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
so 32% of the gm's voted someone else to be the best SF in the game over lebron.

Baller1
10-06-2010, 01:43 PM
so 32% of the gm's voted someone else to be the best SF in the game over lebron.

From the other article I read, Durant got 28% percent if I remember correctly. Don't quote me on that however.

pebloemer
10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
57% believe Nowitzki is best international player while:

29% believe he is best PF and 29% believe Gasol is best PF

Interesting that the votes are so close in PF, but there is so much parity when compared as international players. I guess Duncan/Bosh/Amare etc stole many of Nowitzki's PF votes.

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
From the other article I read, Durant got 28% percent if I remember correctly. Don't quote me on that however.

i wonder who got the other 4 percent then.

clehmun
10-06-2010, 01:46 PM

carmelo? :shrug:

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 01:51 PM
carmelo? :shrug:

maybe luol deng, kidding................ :)

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
where are all the laker fans at? i thought they would of jammed in here to support their team.

Da Knicks
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Think they got it pretty acurate except i would have carmelo shooting the last shot...

Baller1
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM

It's gotta be Melo, unless Pierce or Granger got any votes for whatever reason?

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Think they got it pretty acurate except i would have carmelo shooting the last shot...

I would pick wade or kobe

Wade_County
10-06-2010, 02:04 PM
lol

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539488

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 02:08 PM
lol

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539488

well it must of been on the second page and i sometimes dont get there. oh well that thread had one post in it. it will just get merged

heatfan03
10-06-2010, 02:09 PM
they didnt pick the lakers to win, the espn title was very misleading

"The annual NBA.com GM Survey, released Wednesday, says the Lakers are the team to beat, according to 63 percent of the 28 general managers who responded"

dnewguy
10-06-2010, 02:30 PM

"The annual NBA.com GM Survey, released Wednesday, says the Lakers are the team to beat, according to 63 percent of the 28 general managers who responded"

Well, that means they're the favorite. But seriously, 25 out of the 30 GM's that voted cant even build a franchise.

Avenged
10-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Lakers and Durant are pretty much obvious choices as of right now.

Although I will not count out Lebron James at all to win MVP again.

Baller1
10-06-2010, 02:38 PM
In all honesty, I actually think LeBron is going to 3-peat.

Rivera
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM
sounds like the NBA GMS agree with PSD cause isnt this what PSD predicted as well???

The Final Boss
10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
where are all the laker fans at? i thought they would of jammed in here to support their team.

The Laker fans aren't worried about votes. The organization has proven time and time again that they deliver Titles. The current team is a dynasty having won 2 out of 3 and are still thd class of thd NBA with Bryant at 60% the last 3 seasons. Look for the Mamba to have a stellar MVP type season with the Big 2 1/2 being plastered all over ESPN the whole off season after Los Angeles defended their crown.

Double_R
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I wanna know who the 1 gm was out of the 28 who said DH wasn't the best center...

Double_R
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
The Laker fans aren't worried about votes. The organization has proven time and time again that they deliver Titles. The current team is a dynasty having won 2 out of 3 and are still thd class of thd NBA with Bryant at 60% the last 3 seasons. Look for the Mamba to have a stellar MVP type season with the Big 2 1/2 being plastered all over ESPN the whole off season after Los Angeles defended their crown.

I'm Likin the sig

D Roses Bulls
10-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I wanna know who the 1 gm was out of the 28 who said DH wasn't the best center...

me too....... lets think, who doesnt like the magic.......it could be danny ainge, pat riley, or im gonna say the rockets gm as well cause they have yao

RaiderLakersA's
10-06-2010, 03:55 PM

I'm sure the rest of the Lakers faithful will turn up.

Honestly, I want the season to get underway now. I don't care about pre-season polls, popularity contests, or whatever. I don't really care about individual awards handed out after the regular season is over, either. I want the playoffs to get here, so that we can defend our title. Nothing else matters.

dnewguy
10-06-2010, 04:01 PM

Probably the Bulls GM, he must have picked Rose.....I meant Noah. j/k

still1ballin
10-06-2010, 04:06 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers will win the NBA title

cough ahem cough

Chacarron
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM

General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel

So most likely the Magic GM.

Burkey3472
10-06-2010, 04:28 PM

That's what I was thinking when I read this. :laugh2:

Storch
10-06-2010, 04:47 PM

I guess theres 3 reasons for that.
1. It's just a poll, no one really won any awards.
2. The Lakers' fan base is used to that team not winning any individual awards because it is almost always other teams or players getting them.
3. We like championships not consolation prizes :)

I would pick wade or kobe

Agreed 100%.

Storch
10-06-2010, 04:48 PM
That's what I was thinking when I read this. :laugh2:

It was probably a homer pick and chose his starting Center.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
nothing new here. GMs know. Players know this. Coaches know this. the only thing is the Fans of the NBA dont know this.

still1ballin
10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I guess theres 3 reasons for that.
1. It's just a poll, no one really won any awards.
2. The Lakers' fan base is used to that team not winning any individual awards because it is almost always other teams or players getting them.
3. We like championships not consolation prizes :)

Agreed 100%.

:clap:

smith&wesson
10-06-2010, 05:27 PM
lakers win ship this year and kobe gets his 6th :clap:

Bruno
10-06-2010, 09:38 PM

I'm pretty sure GM's aren't allowed to vote for players on their own team. In which case Smith probably is the one who didn't vote for Howard.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree with both title and MVP winners.

How come some people are saying that the Lakers are the team to beat and that they should be projected as winner until someone does something about it but when it comes to the MVP race, people are already knocking LBJ off? LBJ is still the defending MVP winner. So why is it a double standard?

Bruno
10-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree with both title and MVP winners.

How come some people are saying that the Lakers are the team to beat and that they should be projected as winner until someone does something about it but when it comes to the MVP race, people are already knocking LBJ off? LBJ is still the defending MVP winner. So why is it a double standard?

Apples and Oranges.

The Lakers core pieces have all returned; LeBron is on whole new team. It would be a double standard if he had stayed on the Cavs and people were saying he couldn't win it again. He's playing with another MVP candidate; voters are going to have to decide if the winner of the MVP is coming out of Miami, and then they're going to have to decide who out of Wade and James was more valuable to the teams success. When you play with another MVP caliber player, your MVP votes get watered down.

He could still totally win it. But with Wade taking some of his MVP votes away, Durant becomes the clear cut favorite.

LeBitteNoir
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
the HEAT will make the rest of the league taste their as-ses

Bruno
10-06-2010, 10:29 PM
the HEAT will make the rest of the league taste their as-ses

:rolleyes: Says the Heat fan with a join date of July 2010... :offtopic:

kArSoN RyDaH
10-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Apples and Oranges.

The Lakers core pieces have all returned; LeBron is on whole new team. It would be a double standard if he had stayed on the Cavs and people were saying he couldn't win it again. He's playing with another MVP candidate; voters are going to have to decide if the winner of the MVP is coming out of Miami, and then they're going to have to decide who out of Wade and James was more valuable to the teams success. When you play with another MVP caliber player, your MVP votes get watered down.

He could still totally win it. But with Wade taking some of his MVP votes away, Durant becomes the clear cut favorite.

this. :clap:

although with bynum being out until december i would expect kobe to have ridiculous MVP type numbers. if i recall correctly last year when Pau was out Kobe was averaging like 35 ppg and shooting 50% (SEMI-HEALTHY). so if he can have that high level of play and play how he always does to close out the season then he could challenge Durant.

Avenged
10-06-2010, 10:40 PM

although with bynum being out until december i would expect kobe to have ridiculous MVP type numbers. if i recall correctly last year when Pau was out Kobe was averaging like 35 ppg and shooting 50% (SEMI-HEALTHY). so if he can have that high level of play and play how he always does to close out the season then he could challenge Durant.

I don't see it.. Kobe has injuries of his own he has to battle with, if anything, it's Pau Gasol's time to shine even brighter. The guy absolutely gets it done and is extremely efficient. His "reputation" may not give him the nod, but I think he will at least be the Lakers MVP for part or half of the season.

I just can't see or think Kobe wants to go all out in the regular season with his age and injuries.

llemon
10-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Guess there's no reason to even play out the season

kArSoN RyDaH
10-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't see it.. Kobe has injuries of his own he has to battle with, if anything, it's Pau Gasol's time to shine even brighter. The guy absolutely gets it done and is extremely efficient. His "reputation" may not give him the nod, but I think he will at least be the Lakers MVP for part or half of the season.

I just can't see or think Kobe wants to go all out in the regular season with his age and injuries.

yea but these are the same injuries kobe was battled through season in and season out. if anything he is going to be healthier than hes ever been in the past 3 years. yea, gasol will definately have amazing numbers as well but i dont think he will be the lakers mvp.

i dont think he wants to go all out i think he will just maintain his play like hes done in the past. sadly though, youre probably right about him. i am probably just in denial.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Apples and Oranges.

There is probably more competition for the Lakers compared to other seasons though. The Heat will give the Lakers a run for thier money. The Celtics are older but they did stack up on theri front court players to ease their minutes for as much rest for their main players. Howard will only get better in the post. The Bulls and Magic also have a chance at Carmelo which makes for more competition. Not to mention the hot streaking Kevin Durant will improve greatly this year.

I still agree that the Lakers and Durant will win but I'm seeing a lot of people automatically saying that Lakers are automatically the top team even when there is more competition and people throwing LBJ away for Durant when he can still put up similar stats and would be more efficient IMO.

Avenged
10-06-2010, 11:00 PM
yea but these are the same injuries kobe was battled through season in and season out. if anything he is going to be healthier than hes ever been in the past 3 years. yea, gasol will definately have amazing numbers as well but i dont think he will be the lakers mvp.

i dont think he wants to go all out i think he will just maintain his play like hes done in the past. sadly though, youre probably right about him. i am probably just in denial.

In a way, I do hope Kobe regains his MVP form in the regular season simply because he definitely deserves more than 1 MVP. As Laker fans, it would be pretty exciting to see him actually get another when so many have him in doubt and in decline.

But at the same time, with this injuries and age, I don't think that would be in the best interest for the team. I'd rather he save himself up for the playoffs.

ChiSox219
10-06-2010, 11:07 PM
**** Lebron, go Lakers (and Kobe too).

Bruno
10-06-2010, 11:37 PM

Right. Durant winning MVP has less to do with what he's going to do personally, (we all know he's going to kill it on brilliant %) and more about whether or not OKC wins enough games relative to how many games the Lakers win.

And I'd agree Bryant has the opportunity to post good percentages operating out of the high-post in Bynums absence (like he did last year when Pau was out). But Kobe won't start out as hot as he did last season; he just stated his knees are 60% and last year he had a lot of momentum having been playing ball regularly during the summer. He's going to play well, but he won't be as productive as he was during November 2009:

14 games, 30 ppg, 2.4 spg, 4.2 apg, 5.2 rpg, 51% FG. 12-2 record.

Bruno
10-06-2010, 11:42 PM

If Pau takes on a scorers mentality he easily could be. He just never put sup the FGA to get the numbers. I wish he would.

Kobe shouldn't be trying to dominate in November. He should play less than 36 mpg and take it easy.

Bruno
10-06-2010, 11:45 PM
There is probably more competition for the Lakers compared to other seasons though. The Heat will give the Lakers a run for thier money. The Celtics are older but they did stack up on theri front court players to ease their minutes for as much rest for their main players. Howard will only get better in the post. The Bulls and Magic also have a chance at Carmelo which makes for more competition. Not to mention the hot streaking Kevin Durant will improve greatly this year.

I still agree that the Lakers and Durant will win but I'm seeing a lot of people automatically saying that Lakers are automatically the top team even when there is more competition and people throwing LBJ away for Durant when he can still put up similar stats and would be more efficient IMO.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are giving the Lakers the props right now because they're the defending champs. I don't think anyone doubts the competition they'll have to face, they just see a championship team that got better and deeper in the off-season. Ultimately, you can never write off a guy like LBJ or a team as talented as Miami.

Baller1
10-06-2010, 11:49 PM

Exactly. People are letting hate blind them.

Personally, I think Miami wins it all while LeBron 3-peats as MVP.

Avenged
10-06-2010, 11:49 PM
If Pau takes on a scorers mentality he easily could be. He just never put sup the FGA to get the numbers. I wish he would.

Kobe shouldn't be trying to dominate in November. He should play less than 36 mpg and take it easy.

So do I. Him being extremely efficient (FG%, eFG%, and TS%) are all above 50% with his TS being a near 60%. The guy can definitely score, and score at a high level at that. But with all the talent the team he has, it's very hard for him to get all the touches he deserves. And we all know Kobe takes up a lot of FGA for Gasol to put up more.

lakers4sho
10-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Lakers ARE the top team right now. They are the defending champs (x2), didn't lose any valuable pieces, and even patched up their weaknesses.

That may change in June, but for now, they're the team to beat.

Bruno
10-06-2010, 11:53 PM
So do I. Him being extremely efficient (FG%, eFG%, and TS%) are all above 50% with his TS being a near 60%. The guy can definitely score, and score at a high level at that. But with all the talent the team he has, it's very hard for him to get all the touches he deserves. And we all know Kobe takes up a lot of FGA for Gasol to put up more.

Kobe needs to get his FGA per game hovering around 20. And Pau needs to hit at least 15. Last year KB was at 21.5 and Pau at 13. Ron Artest needs to shoot less, or hit on a better %. 41% on 9.6 FGA per game isn't going to cut it. Theres no reason for Pau to be shooting only 3 more FGA per game than Artest.

lakers4sho
10-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Kobe needs to get his FGA per game hovering around 20. And Pau needs to hit at least 15. Last year KB was at 21.5 and Pau at 13. Ron Artest needs to shoot less, or hit on a better %. 41% on 9.6 FGA per game isn't going to cut it. Theres no reason for Pau to be shooting only 3 more FGA per game than Artest.

With the new guys we have, I think the bench play would be more refined this year (compared to the wild up and down game with Farmar and Brown last year). Having Blake and Barnes will settle down the 2nd unit, which I think will allow them to play more triangle sets, thus more touches for Pau.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-07-2010, 01:47 AM
In a way, I do hope Kobe regains his MVP form in the regular season simply because he definitely deserves more than 1 MVP. As Laker fans, it would be pretty exciting to see him actually get another when so many have him in doubt and in decline.

But at the same time, with this injuries and age, I don't think that would be in the best interest for the team. I'd rather he save himself up for the playoffs.

i agree. a player of his caliber with only one MVP award under his belt is kind of unfair. as many on here have talked about his age i dont believe its going to be a factor. if anything its the injuries. but even with that the guy is a warrior so i wouldnt doubt he averages amazing MVP type numbers especially with the depth we have it should be easier for him since he will be rested more defensively with barnes in our lineup.

playoffs>regular season though like you said. so id rather him not win MVP and us win a ship than him win MVP and he underperforms in the playoffs (which isnt likely but im jss saying) lol

Right. Durant winning MVP has less to do with what he's going to do personally, (we all know he's going to kill it on brilliant %) and more about whether or not OKC wins enough games relative to how many games the Lakers win.

And I'd agree Bryant has the opportunity to post good percentages operating out of the high-post in Bynums absence (like he did last year when Pau was out). But Kobe won't start out as hot as he did last season; he just stated his knees are 60% and last year he had a lot of momentum having been playing ball regularly during the summer. He's going to play well, but he won't be as productive as he was during November 2009:

14 games, 30 ppg, 2.4 spg, 4.2 apg, 5.2 rpg, 51% FG. 12-2 record.

that 60% thing scares me a little. but even with bad knees against pheonix in the playoffs he performed really well and im sure they werent at 60% so idk. its kind of hard to judge right now. but i would love to see him come out on fire like he did in november last year. i remember hearing all the analysts crowning him mvp in november and december until he went down with the injury. its going to be interesting.

i dont think pau will ever take on that scorers mentality. which isnt necessarily a bad thing considering we have kobe bryant on our team so it evens out. but if he were to increase his shots i would love to see him score 20+ alongside kb24.

the problem like you side lies with artest taking unecessary shots. but i hope he improves his FG% especially from beyond the arc. if he hasnt he should look to pass more often.

i really cant wait to see this season pann out.

SouljahPhil...
10-07-2010, 02:06 AM
All were expected results...Nice to know...

kArSoN RyDaH
10-07-2010, 02:06 AM
With the new guys we have, I think the bench play would be more refined this year (compared to the wild up and down game with Farmar and Brown last year). Having Blake and Barnes will settle down the 2nd unit, which I think will allow them to play more triangle sets, thus more touches for Pau.

well i think having this new bench for us will do wonders for this team.

well not just that but the way jackson always has the bench start out the fourth and blow our lead its going to help pau and kobe rest a lot so when they get in theyll b fresh and ready to go and probably be more efficient.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Lakers ARE the top team right now. They are the defending champs (x2), didn't lose any valuable pieces, and even patched up their weaknesses.

That may change in June, but for now, they're the team to beat.

And I agree they are the best team.

But Lebron is the best player in the league right now. He's the defending MVP(x2). His efficently will arguably only get better(Get a lot more assist, rebounds could increase but PPG will drop. MPG will drop though).

Considering that LBJ is a stats guy, I would not be surprised 1 bit if he was trying to be the first forward to lead the league in assist.

I know that Durant will step up and LBJ went to a team with an MVP contender but Lebron technically still is the player to beat for MVP just as the Lakers are the team to beat.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Exactly. People are letting hate blind them.

Personally, I think Miami wins it all while LeBron 3-peats as MVP.

I wouldn't go that far.

Durant will explode though I expect Lebron to be 2nd in MVP voting.

As for the title, Lakers are still the team to beat and the Lakers match up well to the Heat. So we wll have to see.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I think a lot of people are giving the Lakers the props right now because they're the defending champs. I don't think anyone doubts the competition they'll have to face, they just see a championship team that got better and deeper in the off-season. Ultimately, you can never write off a guy like LBJ or a team as talented as Miami.

Some people are writing off LBJ though...

Things that amazed me are things like how was Lebron voted as the person that coaches need to make the most adjustments with last year but it went to Kobe this year? Kobe is a great player but Lebron is only going to get better while Kobe is declining. Lebron was behind Kobe in MVP votes after Kbe not being in the top 3(I believe) the last 2 years and his production will probably drop with his age and injury problems.

John Walls Era
10-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't care what anyone says. If the GMs think Deron is the best PG, then he is...

Baller1
10-08-2010, 02:11 AM
I wouldn't go that far.

Durant will explode though I expect Lebron to be 2nd in MVP voting.

As for the title, Lakers are still the team to beat and the Lakers match up well to the Heat. So we wll have to see.

Trust me, I agree Durant will explode this season, being both a homer and a general fan of the NBA.

But the numbers LeBron is going to put up + the ridiculous amount of wins Miami is going to accumulate leads me to believe LeBron gets it again.

jiggin
10-08-2010, 11:50 AM
don't show heat fans this, they have already declared themselves the champions.

Guess LBJ ego is spreading through out that city and fan base...watch out LA the center of the universe appears to be shifting...at least in their minds.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Trust me, I agree Durant will explode this season, being both a homer and a general fan of the NBA.

But the numbers LeBron is going to put up + the ridiculous amount of wins Miami is going to accumulate leads me to believe LeBron gets it again.

The fact that Lebron has Wade and Bosh will reduce his chancees though.

If he gets like 24PPG, 10 APG, 10 RPG, he could win it but I don't think he will get a triple double.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-08-2010, 05:30 PM
lakers have officially been crowned champions by PSD and GMs. hahahaha