PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be cheering for??

ramz.n
10-06-2010, 10:43 AM
just saw on tsn and was curious..who will you guys be cheering for between the red and the phillies..votto the canadian ..or halladay who was a longtime serving jay??

Luca68
10-06-2010, 11:00 AM
i want halladay to get a championship, as long as the yankees dont.

j-mart
10-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm torn on this one and can go either way. They both had incredible seasons and should be taking home awards - MVP for Votto and CY for Halladay.

jaysalltheway89
10-06-2010, 11:40 AM
i am torn as well. Both are great players and deserve to win. But i think im leaning towards cheering for Halladay since he has a shorter window to win.

North Yorker
10-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I was disappointed when I saw that this would be the NLDS match-up b/c I was going for both of them, but anyway yea I'm going for Doc

I think these are the 2 best teams in the NL though.

DubbyDubbs
10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Halladay no doubt. It will make me almost as happy if Halladay wins a chamoionship as it would if the Blue Jays did. (notice i said almost) Obviously i'd be happier if the jays won but Halladay is one of the greatest people and players T Dot has had the joy of watching for many years. Lets go Phils!

Manatoo
10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Hmm... the player that has been this franchises best pitcher and with this organization for 12 years or someone I have seen play a handfull of times while being born in a country of 35 million people... tough choice.

the_jon
10-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I was disappointed when I saw that this would be the ALDS match-up b/c I was going for both of them, but anyway yea I'm going for Doc.
I'm not at all. I think having it done this way will heighten Canadian interest in the postseason a lot. I have friends I didn't even know watched baseball talking about watching Halladay vs. Votto (mostly to watch Halladay) but even if they don't know who Votto is, they will find out when they watch Halladays games and the announcers at some point will have to make a point about Votto being Canadian. And no matter who wins in this series, Canadians will have someone to be pulling for in the ALCS.

I haven't ever been excited for playoffs. Watching the Rays go all the way to the World Series a few years ago is probably the closest i've come to being very interested in the playoffs. I was 3 when the Jays last made the postseason.

The Jays aren't in the playoffs, but this is definitely the next best thing IMO. I think new fans will be created over this in Canada and, if we're lucky, they'll be smart and root for the Jays. :D

the_jon
10-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Hmm... the player that has been this franchises best pitcher and with this organization for 12 years or someone I have seen play a handfull of times while being born in a country of 35 million people... tough choice.
Probably more like 25 million when he was born.

nithanyo
10-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I gotta say the Rays ... but between those two im pullin for the Reds. Ima small market guy

idrinkpepsi
10-06-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm cheering for the Giants, and Rangers and of course Halladay.

scotttube
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Whoever wins in the series I'll jump on the bandwagon of. Most likely Philly.

H-MYK
10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Philly, but as long as it's any team but the Yankees, I'm happy.

BlueJayFanDan
10-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I want the WS to be Philly vs Texas. Really anyone but Yanks would be ok too.