PDA

View Full Version : How long before Turkoglu starts pouting? Or is Phx a good situation for him?

DitchDat
10-06-2010, 04:31 AM
I don't want this thread to get disrespectful, because it's merely an honest question I am asking here...

With one of the all-time best assist-men (Steve Nash) and his successor (Goran Dragic) already in place, how exactly does Turk expect to go back to his Orlando Magic point forward days? With the Raptors, he was used as a wing player (they also had a tandem at the point with Calderon and Jack) and he didn't like his new role. It's only one preseason game, but what he did was pretty much stand around and wait for the ball.

Thoughts?

JARVIS123
10-06-2010, 07:54 AM
I think the suns might be better off starting Hakim Warrick at the 4 and moving Hedo back to his natural position sf.Hedo as a pf is worst than reshard lewis at the 4.

Stay_Swim
10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Um... a SF who demads the ball in his hands at all times ot be effective...with Steve Nash on the team...ehh will see I guess.

Joshtd1
10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Apparently Gentry said they are going to have Nash play off the ball alot more this season, which makes sense because hes a dead eye shooter and it takes the burden off of him a bit.

Not sure about him at the PF spot though

Sly Guy
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Apparently Gentry said they are going to have Nash play off the ball alot more this season, which makes sense because hes a dead eye shooter and it takes the burden off of him a bit.

Not sure about him at the PF spot though

I'd like to see that work, but I'm not sure if it can. I'm not from Phoenix, so I don't always see the suns play, but some of the games I have seen, I believe Nash can shoot from the spot up every bit as well as off the dribble, so I think it's possible. Keeping Nash off the ball a little more will probably help in his longevity as well, which can only be a good thing.

However, I'm very wary because of Dragic, and the fact it'd be stupid to keep Nash off the ball the whole game, and there simply won't be enough ball handling time for all three. Aaaaaand I'm a raps fan, so I've seen what Hedu can do when he's unhappy.

Hellcrooner
10-06-2010, 10:25 AM
not before he ruins nash career because the damm turk wnts to hold the ball and bring it up because is "his game"

TheBallerGuru
10-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't think there has been a single player who has been unhappy playing with Steve Nash. Hedo will get his touches and at times can run the break to create matchup problems like he did in Orlando.

JARVIS123
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Markmy words Hedo at power forward is going to hurt the suns.

WolvesJagsOs
10-06-2010, 11:12 AM
^i agree, i dont see him fitting well at PF.

spreadeagle
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I dont like him but I think Phoenix is perfect for him.Nash makes every player look about 30% better then they really are.He will make Robin Lopez and Channing Frye look like allstars this year.Hes getting older though and Hedo can handle some of the ball handling duties while Nash is on the bench "which with his age will be more this year"

Hawkeye15
10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Turk at PF is roadkill defensively. Turk has always been overrated really, and not worth his deal. That being said, he can space the floor well, and hits cutters with decent vision. But I don't understand why they paid Channing Frye a bunch of money and brought Turk over. Kinda similar players

AddiX
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I forgot he went to PHX tbh.

smith&wesson
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
No its not gonna work in phx for turk. he needs the ball in his hands to be effective and he wants to be a distributer. thats not gonna happen on a team ran by steve nash.

turk wont work in phx. but barbosa will in toronto. and thats all i care about.

i feel bad for nash. phx should have got somthing better then turk after losing amare.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Key difference between Toronto and Phx will be the pace of play and lack of #1 threats. Nash has proven capable of coexisting with similar pointforward types. Think Diaw. Granted Hedo still wont play like he did in Orlando but I think he'll fit in much better in Phx where they dont have single go to player.

TheBallerGuru
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
If Miami can gel LeBron, Wade, and Bosh together, Phoenix should really not have a problem with just making Hedo work in their system and keeping him happy. People are overthinking this. Hedo can rotate with the starters and bench players to make some great combinations where he can play PF, SF, and PG at times. If a coach knows how to use Hedo's strengths to create matchup problems for other teams, then he will be happy.

the_jon
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Hedo needs to just shut the **** up and do what the coaches tell him. He could have been just fine in Toronto if he wasn't pouting and *****ing all the time. I've never seen a player be as uninterested in playing basketball as Hedo.

Hopefully Nash gives him a good slap at the first sign of his bad attitude.

Rafer17
10-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Turkoglu is a ***** but he will thrive in the suns system

DitchDat
11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
He's already tired

Hedo is a bum

BuddhaMONK
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Raptors robbed the suns on that trade, barboosa is way better.

king4day
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Raptors robbed the suns on that trade, barboosa is way better.

If they were making the same salary, every GM in the league would take Hedo's talent over Barbosa's.

Barbosa is speedy with decent handling and shakey finishing skills. He's got a decent shot which has declined over the last couple of years.

Hedo can drive, post smaller players, shoot (tho that appears to be declining), and has better handling skills.

clehmun
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
i didn't understand why people think hedo would do well in phoenix, saying nash can make anyone better.

nash has never made any playmaker better because he's one of the best playermakers in the nba, and hedo's a playmaker himself.

the same people who said hedo doesn't work with raptors because both him and calderon needed the ball, said he'd work well with steve nash.

well if hedo can't take the ball off of calderon's hands, what makes you think he can do so with nash?

nash can't make every type of players better (it's impossible). nash makes shooters, scorers, slashers, etc better. but hedo's a playmaker, and i don't remember the last time nash worked well with another playmaker.

BuddhaMONK
11-04-2010, 07:17 PM
If they were making the same salary, every GM in the league would take Hedo's talent over Barbosa's.

Barbosa is speedy with decent handling and shakey finishing skills. He's got a decent shot which has declined over the last couple of years.

Hedo can drive, post smaller players, shoot (tho that appears to be declining), and has better handling skills.

what talent his ability to eat pizza? BTW he can hardly do any of that anymore, he's out of shape and doesn't care anymore. Raptors replaced him with linas klieza (who can do everything he can except only makes 4 mil). I bet you anything the reason why Nash is acting the way he is now is because of turkoglu, just like when shaq was there.

BuddhaMONK
11-04-2010, 07:25 PM
i didn't understand why people think hedo would do well in phoenix, saying nash can make anyone better.

nash has never made any playmaker better because he's one of the best playermakers in the nba, and hedo's a playmaker himself.

the same people who said hedo doesn't work with raptors because both him and calderon needed the ball, said he'd work well with steve nash.

well if hedo can't take the ball off of calderon's hands, what makes you think he can do so with nash?

nash can't make every type of players better (it's impossible). nash makes shooters, scorers, slashers, etc better. but hedo's a playmaker, and i don't remember the last time nash worked well with another playmaker.

Well I don't know about that I think the reason why dragic is becoming such a good playmaker is because of nash.