PDA

View Full Version : Mcgrady "Im jealous as *****" "I hope Heat win 10 damn championships"

spreadeagle
10-06-2010, 01:50 AM
McGrady chuckled at the suggestion that he was once part of a very similar, grand blueprint almost a decade ago -- until it fell apart.

McGrady, now with the Detroit Pistons, was a young, just-budding star when he signed as a free agent with the Orlando Magic in 2000, expecting to team with Grant Hill and Tim Duncan in their primes that same summer

"I am envious (of Miami's Big Three). I'm jealous as s**t,'' McGrady chuckled Tuesday morning before a Pistons workout. "I look at all the teams I've been on, and I never had a Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on the same team. I'm jealous, but I'm happy for them. I hope they win 10 damn championships.'' Read more http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/05/jealous-tracy-mcgrady-wishes-miamis-big-three-success/

Just like to point out he also left Toronto and a chance to play with Vince Carter in both there primes to go to Orlando to be "The man" :eyebrow: and hes still playin for Detroit he should say I hope we see Miami in the playoffs as a late seed and take em out

AI4MVP
10-06-2010, 01:53 AM
i just like to point out that mcgrady is a ***** for hoping an opposing team wins 10+ championships. wtf? if i were his teammates i wouldnt even look at him

mynameismo
10-06-2010, 02:02 AM
No disrespect to Miami but wishing for your opposing team to win is ridiculous.

That's why you don't have a ring Tracy.. That's why you don't have a ring.

spreadeagle
10-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Tracy "Im only on Detroit to pick up a check" Mcgrady

Heater4life
10-06-2010, 02:09 AM
I agree. Why dont you just stroke it Tracy. Pathetic.

DMasta718
10-06-2010, 02:10 AM
Guess Tracy will never get his ring then. Shame.

TIGERSBABY!!!
10-06-2010, 02:30 AM
"Tracy "Im only on Detroit to pick up a check" Mcgrady "

McGrady is getting paid vets min. hes one of our smallest contracts acually

JeffG20
10-06-2010, 03:21 AM
He has no one to blame but himself, should of joined Miami. Oh wait they have to want you first.

Sandman
10-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Just like to point out he also left Toronto and a chance to play with Vince Carter in both there primes to go to Orlando to be "The man" :eyebrow: and hes still playin for Detroit he should say I hope we see Miami in the playoffs as a late seed and take em out
He left Toronto because the Raptors chose VC.

He definitely didn't go to the Magic because he wanted to be "The Man", either. McGrady was still on his way up, he was the guy they wanted to put next to Grant Hill.

Grant Hill was a top player in the NBA until he got to the Magic and his body self destructed.

Antipod
10-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Oh Tracy ,,,, another bandwagon Heat fan :D

Law25
10-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Did anyone see the game today? I was watching to see how Mcgrady was gonna play. Up until today i was hoping he was gonna turn it around, and be at least 70% of what he used to be. But oh my god he played with no fire at all. He look so disinterested in the game like he was realy just playing for an check. He caught the ball bounced it twice and passed it. Didnt look for his shot, or look to make plays, or anything. It was pathetic. I was gonna give him an pass then he comes out with this ****. Rooting for the opposition in preseason!! Now i know what to expect all season long from him. Its an damn shame.

IHeartNY
10-06-2010, 06:00 AM
McGrady sounds like he was drunk ... but then, man, he always talks crap as if he's drunk ... Houston, ahem, I mean, Detroit we have a problem.

tmacsc2
10-06-2010, 06:59 AM

He left toronto cause the coach said he would never amount to anything in the NBA

HouRealCoach
10-06-2010, 07:29 AM
You guys cant be that slow... Its a joke

heatfan03
10-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Pistons guard Tracy McGrady said he wasn't upset with what the Heat did this summer. He's jealous.

"I'm happy for those guys," McGrady said. "I look forward to, when I'm done playing basketball, seeing them win a lot of championships."

actual response he was joking

JARVIS123
10-06-2010, 08:00 AM

T Mac just keeping it real.at least he see the fire power and the nukes that the heat working with...

koreancabbage
10-06-2010, 08:03 AM
hahaha he should've stayed in Toronto with Vince Carter then... WTF? he's an idiot for getting it now when his career is over.

JARVIS123
10-06-2010, 08:04 AM

Shaq do it all the time.what's the different in a player with rings doing it and a player without rings doing it? who knows that just might be a hint that he's ready to join the force next season to get him some rings.

jiggin
10-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I can't wait for these Heat threads and talk to go the wayside.

The media circus that everyone is buying into is disgusting.

It only feeds LBR Ego even more...

...if you read the book Personal Foul, you may change your mind about the entire league. :(

Wade>You
10-06-2010, 08:21 AM
At least he's honest about it, unlike 90% of NBA fans and NBA personnel.

The Miami Cheat
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Tracy "Im only on Detroit to pick up a check" Mcgrady

^^ this

levignjw
10-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I wonder if he choked when he was on his knees?

No passion whatsoever. ********.

jiggin
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
funny how people call him a douche for his comment yet LBJ is the one actually doing it and people love him for it.

pistonsfanomg
10-06-2010, 09:07 AM
lol

FOBolous
10-06-2010, 09:13 AM
as a Rockets fan...i feel insulted by his comments. he's basically implying that the Houston teams were ******* when we were not. we were a damn good team filled with talent. HE is the only person holding us back. as soon as he left, we reached the second round and took the Lakers to 7 games. If he were still on the team, we would've probably lose to Portland that year in the first round after being up 3-1 or something. McGrady needs to STFU.

phoenix_bladen
10-06-2010, 09:16 AM

He definitely didn't go to the Magic because he wanted to be "The Man", either. McGrady was still on his way up, he was the guy they wanted to put next to Grant Hill.

Grant Hill was a top player in the NBA until he got to the Magic and his body self destructed.

He left toronto cause the coach said he would never amount to anything in the NBA

WRONG .... allow someone in toronto (who knows what the hell actually happened) to explain...

everyone in the toronto organization wanted to keep him that year. You have to remember that during that time rookie contracts were only 3 years in length with no player options or restricted free agency that we know of now.

He basically pulled a "Lebron Decision" before Lebron lol ... he kept telling the raptor fans how much he liked toronto but will want to wait until after the season to decided...... everyone in toronto went to the games to hold signs up asking him and begging him to stay...

he was only 21 at that time...... the raptors just made their first post season and we were the team on the rise with carter that time......

it's a damn shame because he left and he became some a great player i was very sad especially so i know how cavs fans feel but obviously tmac isn't on lebron's level.......

the next year the raptors won i believe 47 games without tmac..... and we basically got tmac for nothing in a FORCED sign and trade ......

so imagine what our team would have been like with the 2000/2001 raptors + TMAC? raptors + lakers finals 2001!

But it's been 10 years I'm glad this bum didn't win anything he had his chance... or chances.... hahah raptors, magic, houston this bum didn't accomplish anything!

Double_R
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM

I hate to break it to you, but he left Toronto to play with Grant Hill, who at the time was one of the best players in the NBA, so you're absolutely wrong about your assumption. Not to mention that the Magic almost landed Tim Duncan during that offseason. Also, Toronto wasn't that good and T-Mac probably wouldn't have developed into the player he became if he didn't go to the Magic.

jasondrobinson
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
what a competitor!

mynameismo
10-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Shaq do it all the time.what's the different in a player with rings doing it and a player without rings doing it? who knows that just might be a hint that he's ready to join the force next season to get him some rings.

There is no difference. You just don't wish your opponents to win. Period.
What's the point of competing if you want your opponents to win anyway?
Last time I checked he's in a Pistons jersey.

I said "That's why HE doesn't have a ring" (Effect) - because of his mentality (Cause).
It's about competitiveness man, not about having a ring or not.

Sly Guy
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM

it's funny cuz it's true. We had the craziest high flying team with those two. Over 10 years later raps fans are still pondering 'what could have been'

Sly Guy
10-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I hate to break it to you, but he left Toronto to play with Grant Hill, who at the time was one of the best players in the NBA, so you're absolutely wrong about your assumption. Not to mention that the Magic almost landed Tim Duncan during that offseason. Also, Toronto wasn't that good and T-Mac probably wouldn't have developed into the player he became if he didn't go to the Magic.

ummm no. Not the case. He left because he wanted his own spotlight. Vince was a phenom at the time, everyone was buzzing about his in-game dunks and slam dunk contest when T-Mac clearly played better than vince did coming down the stretch of his last season in Toronto. He though he was every bit as good as vince [and he was], but because of the mania that was vince carter, he felt like he was in his cousin's shadow and left [remember, this was an era of 'one star teams', not an era of 'teaming up'].

T-Mac when he came into the NBA was a skinny little high schooler with crazy hops. It took the term of his rookie contract to develop, but by the time he had, we ALL saw what he was and was to become, his development was inevitable.

tr3ymill3r
10-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I like the part of the article where he says, "I never had guys like Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh on his team" referring to himself as "LeBron caliber of player". He did have a team that was one win away from eliminating the Pistons, then he choked. He had a team that was supposed to be a poor mans Kobe and Shaq with TMac and Yao, but then he McGrady'd himself. The guy had plenty of opportunities to cash in but he was only worried about scoring titles and being the man on a bad Orlando team. Yes, he made them watchable but think of what could have been if he didn't want to bail on them for Houston. TMac and Dwight...think about that TMac.

WolvesJagsOs
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
haha, this is kinda hilarious.

Gators123
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I know the Pistons aren't championship contenders, and McGrady is only a 1 year rental, But I don't like what he said considering he is wearing a Pistons jersey right now.

futureman
10-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Teams just don't want to do the hard thing anymore which is building through the draft and devloping the players they have. 10 championships won't equal one championship for a team like The Bulls and The Spurs who drafted all their own players and devloped them.

Teams just envy the players of other teams now and think they can just leech off of them because they are too stupid to draft smart and are clueless on developing players. It may also help to keep a coach around for more than two years.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
as a Rockets fan...i feel insulted by his comments. he's basically implying that the Houston teams were ******* when we were not.
Learn to read, he didnt imply anything of the sort.

we were a damn good team filled with talent.
Context is required here, at what phase in his career. Facts are you never had a great team filled with great talent.

HE is the only person holding us back.
Incorrect he was the only one getting them to overachieve, hence their record with him vs the record with Yao.

as soon as he left, we reached the second round and took the Lakers to 7 games.
Alot of things happened as soon as he left. The teams level of play would have been more impressive with a healthy Mac.

If he were still on the team, we would've probably lose to Portland that year in the first round after being up 3-1 or something. McGrady needs to STFU.
Based on what?

hahaha he should've stayed in Toronto with Vince Carter then... WTF? he's an idiot for getting it now when his career is over.
Your an idiot for thinking staying in Canada with VC sounds better than going HOME to play alongside a superior player and the possibility of another.

Has nothing to do with that, Im pretty sure it was Darrel Walker or one of his assistants that said that to Tmac, not Coach Carter.

How could you point that out when the thread you created specifically states he left Toronto to JOIN UP with other players?

Chronz
10-06-2010, 11:29 AM
ummm no. Not the case. He left because he wanted his own spotlight. Vince was a phenom at the time, everyone was buzzing about his in-game dunks and slam dunk contest when T-Mac clearly played better than vince did coming down the stretch of his last season in Toronto. He though he was every bit as good as vince [and he was], but because of the mania that was vince carter, he felt like he was in his cousin's shadow and left [remember, this was an era of 'one star teams', not an era of 'teaming up'].

T-Mac when he came into the NBA was a skinny little high schooler with crazy hops. It took the term of his rookie contract to develop, but by the time he had, we ALL saw what he was and was to become, his development was inevitable.
When he says he wants his own spotlight hes speaking within the context of his own family. He wanted Vince to have his own legacy but he didnt want to be the only guy in Orlando. How can you have your own spotlight yet engage in talks with Grant Hill about joining Orlando?

PS The league has always been about teaming up. Dating back to the 60's

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-06-2010, 11:29 AM

...Pretty sure that's not why he doesn't have a ring./

Chronz
10-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I like the part of the article where he says, "I never had guys like Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh on his team" referring to himself as "LeBron caliber of player". He did have a team that was one win away from eliminating the Pistons, then he choked. He had a team that was supposed to be a poor mans Kobe and Shaq with TMac and Yao, but then he McGrady'd himself. The guy had plenty of opportunities to cash in but he was only worried about scoring titles and being the man on a bad Orlando team. Yes, he made them watchable but think of what could have been if he didn't want to bail on them for Houston. TMac and Dwight...think about that TMac.
LOL what do you mean he had a team that was one win away? Dont you mean he carried a team that should have been swept to a 7th game against a far superior defensive squad while he had noone. Doesnt sound like choking to me
The rest of your post was just as bad, no facts whatsoever

Chronz
10-06-2010, 11:32 AM
I know the Pistons aren't championship contenders, and McGrady is only a 1 year rental, But I don't like what he said considering he is wearing a Pistons jersey right now.
Its what Ive always loved about the Tmac, he doesnt censor his basketball opinion. He tells it how it is regardless, I hate when players give the company line and prewritten speeches. Its so fake, Tmac says what no one else has the balls to.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Don't wanna read all the way through, but how man times has Chronz defended her here?

Chronz
10-06-2010, 11:34 AM

He doesnt have a ring because he refused to take the easy way out and build a contender.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't wanna read all the way through, but how man times has Chronz defended her here?

You must be a slow reader, I just entered this thread.

Weezy
10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
:sigh: I like Tmac and all but he really should worry about his own team.

spreadeagle
10-06-2010, 12:12 PM
as a Rockets fan...i feel insulted by his comments. he's basically implying that the Houston teams were ******* when we were not. we were a damn good team filled with talent. HE is the only person holding us back. as soon as he left, we reached the second round and took the Lakers to 7 games. If he were still on the team, we would've probably lose to Portland that year in the first round after being up 3-1 or something. McGrady needs to STFU.

:clap:

mynameismo
10-06-2010, 12:13 PM
...Pretty sure that's not why he doesn't have a ring./

He doesnt have a ring because he refused to take the easy way out and build a contender.

Metaphor guys. I was questioning his competitiveness. Because his statement in this thread seem like he's already given up on his team.

tangent12
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Spoken like a true loser.

Cromedome
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
David Lee used to act the same way for us last year.....and i'm glad his loser mentality is gone. How do you play with a dude like this?

smith&wesson
10-06-2010, 12:28 PM
the raps were dumb. they should have gave VC & Tmac both an oppertunity to be the corner stones of the franchise together. instead they hyped up VC and basically wrote tmac off as a role player.

Tmac & VC both in theyre prime could have done some damage on the same team.

its a shame the raps didnt recognize tmacs talent at the time. or they did and just treated the situation as if only one of them could be embraced and they chose VC.

AddiX
10-06-2010, 12:32 PM
the raps were dumb. they should have gave VC & Tmac both an oppertunity to be the corner stones of the franchise together. instead they hyped up VC and basically wrote tmac off as a role player.

Tmac & VC both in theyre prime could have done some damage on the same team.

its a shame the raps didnt recognize tmacs talent at the time. or they did and just treated the situation as if only one of them could be embraced and they chose VC.

Vince is a horrible team player, he may not be the locker room cancer Marbury was, but on the court no one knows wtf he is doing.

Vince should of been putting up MVP numbers and highlights with Jason Kidd and he couldn't even play well with him. The guy does whatever he wants. He chucks for the first three quarters than dribbles around and does some non-sense.

As talented as Carter is he's never made a team good.

T-Mac when he was really healthy was insane good. Re-watch what he was doing Orlando on those terrible teams all by himself in the play-offs. T-Mac when he was a true star was light years ahead of Vince.

da wood
10-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Well that was the past hes looking into the future now. He might be implying that. But i remember him saying he wanted to play with kobe to. With that said i take what he says with a grain of salt.

da wood
10-06-2010, 12:54 PM
And as for playing with the raps didnt he come off the bench for them guys....wasnt he going for the sixth man of the year or something like that....hell do you blame the guy for bouncing.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 01:08 PM
You must be a slow reader, I just entered this thread.

Or we were posting at the same time dickweed.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 01:10 PM

Says the guy with a Wade/James Sig...

Chronz
10-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Or we were posting at the same time dickweed.
Both are true

Says the guy with a Wade/James Sig...
The irony isnt lost on me either but it fades when you realize I dont hold any decision against any player. I would have rather Tmac joined a contender when he had the chance rather than try to turn Houston around but he had high hopes for him and Yao. That he didnt form a superteam speaks to his competitive spirit or his cockiness, that he says all this now tells me he regrets his decision. Either way there is no right or wrong in my mind, I only wish the world would wake up to the reality that its not about being the last winner standing, its about how you win.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
:clap:

Perhaps you could defend his opinion for him, knowing FOB he wont be heard or seen from until another Tmac thread pops up, upon which Ill be there to refute his claims and the cycle will repeat once again.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Both are true

The irony isnt lost on me either but it fades when you realize I dont hold any decision against any player. I would have rather Tmac joined a contender when he had the chance rather than try to turn Houston around but he had high hopes for him and Yao. That he didnt form a superteam speaks to his competitive spirit or his cockiness, that he says all this now tells me he regrets his decision. Either way there is no right or wrong in my mind, I only wish the world would wake up to the reality that its not about being the last winner standing, its about how you win.

They were a contender in Houston. I thought he wanted to join the Lakers or Heat, but wasn't offered a contract.

tr3ymill3r
10-06-2010, 02:35 PM
LOL what do you mean he had a team that was one win away? Dont you mean he carried a team that should have been swept to a 7th game against a far superior defensive squad while he had noone. Doesnt sound like choking to me

You might want to check your facts, but when McGrady was on the Magic he was 1 win away from eliminating them in the first round. He was so sure of that during one of the press conferences before the series was over he said, "It feels nice to finally get out of the first round." The Magic later choked along with TMac and couldn't get one win, while the Pistons ran off and took the series. Open a book, you just got schooled.

jdub747
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Tracy Mcgrady is a joke. enough said.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
You might want to check your facts, but when McGrady was on the Magic he was 1 win away from eliminating them in the first round. He was so sure of that during one of the press conferences before the series was over he said, "It feels nice to finally get out of the first round." The Magic later choked along with TMac and couldn't get one win, while the Pistons ran off and took the series. Open a book, you just got schooled.

Careful, Chronz doesn't like when you talk bad about his boo!

All kidding aside, Chronz usually knows his stuff about basketball. I'd be careful picking an argument with him. If he doesn't beat you with facts, he'll just bore you to death with stats.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
They were a contender in Houston. I thought he wanted to join the Lakers or Heat, but wasn't offered a contract.
Im referring to the off-season when he was still in his prime when winning a title in such a way that it actually means something. He had the option of joining 2 then superpowers (Spurs, Pacers) both being 60 win caliber teams, or the choice of joining a team with young talented bigmen (Suns-Rockets). Im guessing he chose Houston cuz it was a better team with a popular city, or maybe he liked Yao best. Whatever the reason he made sure not to list one of the already contending teams as his desired trade location. When questioned, his reasoning was simple. I dont want it THAT easy.

beasted86
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM

I think people seriously sleep on prime Grant Hill all the time. As a prime player he was definitely a top 5 SF all time (and SF is one of the most talent loaded positions all time).

All in all, Trace never had 2 dominant players opposing him in his career. In Orlando Hill was always injured, and in Houston Yao or himself were always injured... and they never had a great team around them.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Im referring to the off-season when he was still in his prime when winning a title in such a way that it actually means something. He had the option of joining 2 then superpowers (Spurs, Pacers) both being 60 win caliber teams, or the choice of joining a team with young talented bigmen (Suns-Rockets). Im guessing he chose Houston cuz it was a better team with a popular city, or maybe he liked Yao best. Whatever the reason he made sure not to list one of the already contending teams as his desired trade location. When questioned, his reasoning was simple. I dont want it THAT easy.

We traded for him, he wasn't aquired through free agency.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Re-read my post, where did I say he wasnt on the Magic or 1 win away? I was talking about the same scenario, that you think I wasnt only tells me you dont know much about his career.
**** it Ill save us both the time....

Here is the original statement
Dont you mean he carried a team that should have been swept to a 7th game against a far superior defensive squad while he had noone.

The Magic were an 8th seeded team that relied on Tmac so heavily that it took the greatest Post-Allstar streak Ive ever witnessed just to even make the playoffs. Tmac averaged #'s that are out of this world for even a video game something like 33-6-6 on 40% from 3 with great efficiency all around.

That far superior defensive squad I mentioned were in fact those same Pistons. I dont know if you remember but they had this guy by the name of Ben Wallace, to go along with a few others, the end result was that they were pretty good defensively. Ok now that your all caught up its time to refute my claim.

Doesnt sound like choking to me

Its almost as if Tmac would be held in higher regard had he just sucked and gotten swept. Damn that Tmac for taking his 8th seeded team to 7th game, doesnt he know its choking if you dont upset the vastly superior team.

LMFAO I guess NBA history is filled with chokers, the only real champ to ever live was MJ. He never lost to an inferior team and even beat a superior one himself. How many players can make that claim?

Chronz
10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
We traded for him, he wasn't aquired through free agency.
Your point? Everything I said was with this in mind. Im not trying to offend you but how old were you in 2004?

the_jon
10-06-2010, 03:09 PM
LOL at McGrady comparing himself to Lebron :laugh:

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Your point? Everything I said was with this in mind. Im not trying to offend you but how old were you in 2004?

Age huh, thats your attempted humor? You said he chose Houston, Houston chose him. He had 0 say so on where he landed, but did agree to the extention because that team could have/should have done a lot more than what they did.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 03:25 PM

Age huh, thats your attempted humor? You said he chose Houston, Houston chose him. He had 0 say so on where he landed, but did agree to the extention because that team could have/should have done a lot more than what they did.
Humor? It was a serious question...

I find the answer shocking, how is it that someone as mature as you doesnt understand that you dont have to be a free agent to choose where you want to go. When Tmac was put on the market there were several teams interested, 4 of which offered a package that interested the Magic. I already told you which teams they were. What makes you think for a minute Tmac didnt choose? Especially given the fact that he held all the cards with regards to his contract situation? The extension was something of a foregone conclusion as no team would have traded such a big chunk of their core without Tmac committing to play with them beyond that initial year.

Tmac had ALL the leverage in the world, he CHOSE Houston, not vice versa. Well they chose each other if you want to be romantic about it. But there is no question that if Tmac didnt want to go to Houston he couldve gone elsewhere. There is NOTHING Houston could have done to FORCE Tmac to come.

I really hope you keep this discussion going, its going to take you down a dark path.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Humor? It was a serious question...

I find the answer shocking, how is it that someone as mature as you doesnt understand that you dont have to be a free agent to choose where you want to go. When Tmac was put on the market there were several teams interested, 4 of which offered a package that interested the Magic. I already told you which teams they were. What makes you think for a minute Tmac didnt choose? Especially given the fact that he held all the cards with regards to his contract situation? The extension was something of a foregone conclusion as no team would have traded such a big chunk of their core without Tmac committing to play with them beyond that initial year.

Tmac had ALL the leverage in the world, he CHOSE Houston, not vice versa. Well they chose each other if you want to be romantic about it. But there is no question that if Tmac didnt want to go to Houston he couldve gone elsewhere. There is NOTHING Houston could have done to FORCE Tmac to come.

I really hope you keep this discussion going, its going to take you down a dark path.

They still could have traded for him, he would have HAD to go. He had no no-trade clause. And he was an expiring contract. Do you know who Houston gave up for him? Kelvin Cato, Steve Francis, and Cuttino Mobley. Ridding themselves of Cato would be reason enough to trade for T-Mac without him signing an ext.

JRisdabest
10-06-2010, 03:42 PM
MAN i use to be the biggest grady fan back in the day.

BlinkManJan02
10-06-2010, 04:07 PM
If he were ripping on the trio or miami, mcgrady would still get burned on this forum. you just can't win here.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 04:10 PM
They still could have traded for him, he would have HAD to go. He had no no-trade clause. And he was an expiring contract. Do you know who Houston gave up for him? Kelvin Cato, Steve Francis, and Cuttino Mobley.
Why would he need a no trade clause when he was a superstar with 1 year left on his contract.
Do you know what other teams offered for him, why wouldnt the Magic just take the best deal available? Why would they even care where Tmac wanted to go? Why cater to his needs, why the list?
Because no team would trade anything worth trading without him agreeing to an extension (Houston included). You cant get Tmac to sign an extension if he doesnt like the team. Ergo he CHOSE them. He wouldnt have gone to Houston because they wouldnt have been dumb enough to trade for him without him staying there. Unless your saying....

Ridding themselves of Cato would be reason enough to trade for T-Mac without him signing an ext.
Oh you did lol...
So your saying the Rockets would have considered a trade of their All-Star and key fixture in Mobley all for the sake of ridding themselves of Katos contract and taking back the worse contract of Juwan Howard on top of Tyron Lue? What are the advantages? When ridding themselves of a contractual albatross isnt even covered in CAP space opening then whats the point? Getting rid of all those guys for a guy who wouldnt play for you would leave you a 1 year window before Yao's extension kicks in. How does this make any sense?

I really want to hear your logic on this one, after 1 maybe 2 more post Ill dig up the old articles from that moment. I just want to see how far your willing to lie to yourself.

Being a T-Mac fan and all, I'm surprised you didn't quit half way through that post
Unlike Tmac I am blessed with healthy regenerative genetics, I have no reason to quit when I can keep going without fear or risk.

Funny you mention this though, my 2K11 broke yesterday and all my friends blamed Tmac.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
At least you know his arguments won't get passed the first round.

Game, set, match. You win!

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Why would he need a no trade clause when he was a superstar with 1 year left on his contract.
Do you know what other teams offered for him, why wouldnt the Magic just take the best deal available? Why would they even care where Tmac wanted to go? Why cater to his needs, why the list?
Because no team would trade anything worth trading without him agreeing to an extension (Houston included). You cant get Tmac to sign an extension if he doesnt like the team. Ergo he CHOSE them. He wouldnt have gone to Houston because they wouldnt have been dumb enough to trade for him without him staying there. Unless your saying....

Oh you did lol...
So your saying the Rockets would have considered a trade of their All-Star and key fixture in Mobley all for the sake of ridding themselves of Katos contract and taking back the worse contract of Juwan Howard on top of Tyron Lue? What are the advantages? When ridding themselves of a contractual albatross isnt even covered in CAP space opening then whats the point? Getting rid of all those guys for a guy who wouldnt play for you would leave you a 1 year window before Yao's extension kicks in. How does this make any sense?

I really want to hear your logic on this one, after 1 maybe 2 more post Ill dig up the old articles from that moment. I just want to see how far your willing to lie to yourself.

Mobley was the key fixture of that team? Really? When was that? Cato for Howard was a major upgrade at that time for the Rockets.

McGrady was supposed to be the missing piece. Of course they knew he'd sign the ext, he was so desperate to get out of Orlando he would have accepted a trade to China. My point was he couldn't refuse a trade to Houston, he may have had a preference, but could not have refused to go.

Sly Guy
10-06-2010, 04:26 PM
When he says he wants his own spotlight hes speaking within the context of his own family. He wanted Vince to have his own legacy but he didnt want to be the only guy in Orlando. How can you have your own spotlight yet engage in talks with Grant Hill about joining Orlando?

PS The league has always been about teaming up. Dating back to the 60's

see, but that doesn't make any sense. Firstly, T-Mac and Vince didn't even know they were cousins until their time in Toronto, and some reporter dug up the 'long lost family tree', so why would he be concerned with 'family legacy' when neither were concerned prior to, or that the families themselves had no knowledge of their relation? Seems like a pretty weak argument.

Why would T-mac leave a team with a strong wing player to join another team with a strong wing player? Essentially trading one type of apple for another? T-Mac justified it during his departure as "too cold", but obviously that's simply the rhetoric of a recently departed player. Vince and T-Mac were documented as great friends while and after their time in Toronto, so it couldn't have been a compatibility issue.

T-Mac and Hill both signed with Orlando on the same day. Perhaps that the knowledge of Hill's injury reached T-mac and offered him an opportunity. That he would secure a chance at his own spotlight, with a perennial star waiting in the wings to come back off the IR. Or maybe it's more simple, that he realized that the NBA's market is much bigger in the states than in Canada where the game was/is still growing. Either way, I think the notion of building his own star holds more appeal [and dollars] than simply the notion of returning home or 'teaming up'.

A couple interesting notes:
-Grant Hill's first ankle surgery was Apr 28, 2000.....before signing with the Magic.
-Grant Hill's second surgery was in Jan 2001, during his first season with Orlando.
-Tmac's website offers in the "NBA" portion of his biography:
"After a few seasons in Carterís shadow, Tracy was traded to the Orlando Magic in 2000 for a first round draft pick." [http://www.t-mac.com/tmac/about]

And as for the nba being about 'teaming up', to argue that T-Mac benefited more greatly by teaming up with Hill would be tricky and inconclusive at best. Considering that Orlando [without Hill] finished at 43-39, and Toronto[without T-Mac] at 47-35, the only real difference you might be able to draw would be the value of Vince/Hill vs the 4 games separating them in record (I'm trying to show that vince, t-mac, and hill all on their own would be able to lift their respective teams to marginally +.500 records, and essentially their difference in values as players would be comparable, if not negligable).

And for historically 'teaming up', look no further than the comments of Bird, Jordan, and Magic this summer about their thoughts on the collusion of Miami's 'big three'.

Denver-boy
10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
what happened to you Mcgrady?

Chronz
10-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Mobley was the key fixture of that team? Really? When was that?
Look up the word fixture and then look up how many years Mobley served with them. Its not as if I said he was an All-Star.

Cato for Howard was a major upgrade at that time for the Rockets.

That must be why Cato sat on the bench while Juwan started from day 1..... err oh wait that never happened. Whether Howard was an upgrade or not is irrelevant, he wasnt enough of an upgrade to make sense of the scenario your describing.

McGrady was supposed to be the missing piece. Of course they knew he'd sign the ext, he was so desperate to get out of Orlando he would have accepted a trade to China.
LMFAO are you serious right now?

My point was he couldn't refuse a trade to Houston, he may have had a preference, but could not have refused to go.

Then how did he refuse a trade to Indiana, Phoenix, and San Antonio? All 3 of those teams wanted him, one of which Weisbrood hinted as having offered the best package, IIRC he liked Phoenix offer of Marion/JJ and the #7 pick best. Why didnt he take the best if Tmac couldnt have refused to go?

Your hatred of Tmac is blinding you from recognizing his power. You want to live in a world where players are told when and where to go, but all you have to do is look at the recent past to know its not true. **** Alonzo Mourning gave a big F U to Toronto and found his way home. What makes you think a TRUE STAR couldnt do the same? Lamar Odom was suppose to be RESTRICTED FA when he left us to sign with Miami, he threatened to quit or become cancerous if we matched. Cmon man the facts are staring at you in the face, stop being such a homer and admit Houston isnt ALMIGHTY

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 04:44 PM

Oh you did lol...

Unlike Tmac I am blessed with healthy regenerative genetics, I have no reason to quit when I can keep going without fear or risk.

Funny you mention this though, my 2K11 broke yesterday and all my friends blamed Tmac.

You kinda did say he was an all star. though I think I konw what you meant...

Raoul Duke
10-06-2010, 04:48 PM
That comment is pretty much a microcosm for everything I don't like about T-Mac. There isn't an ounce of "nasty" in him. Not one.

GrkGawdofWalkz
10-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Tracy McGrady, where all other whiners begin and end. The man couldn't keep his mouth shut if it were staple gunned closed. Seriously. lol :facepalm:

Chronz
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
see, but that doesn't make any sense. Firstly, T-Mac and Vince didn't even know they were cousins until their time in Toronto, and some reporter dug up the 'long lost family tree', so why would he be concerned with 'family legacy' when neither were concerned prior to, or that the families themselves had no knowledge of their relation? Seems like a pretty weak argument.
So you wouldnt think any differently of someone you just found out was your kin? Look I dont pretend to know every motive Tmac had to go to Orlando, but I recognize there are MULTIPLE motives. He has cited many of them throughout his career. Joining up with Grant Hill was one of them, so was returning home, and it was true he wanted Vince to have his own spotlight. For whatever reason, but when he says he wants his own spotlight it was within the context of their relationship.

Why would T-mac leave a team with a strong wing player to join another team with a strong wing player? Essentially trading one type of apple for another?
Decision making is the culmination of someone weighing all his options and coinciding benefits. Why wouldnt you go with Team B if it provides a superior player/mentor and the benefit of being home?

T-Mac justified it during his departure as "too cold", but obviously that's simply the rhetoric of a recently departed player. Vince and T-Mac were documented as great friends while and after their time in Toronto, so it couldn't have been a compatibility issue.

As long as you recognize that a players words should never be taken at face value I can respect your opinion on the matter.

T-Mac and Hill both signed with Orlando on the same day. Perhaps that the knowledge of Hill's injury reached T-mac and offered him an opportunity. That he would secure a chance at his own spotlight, with a perennial star waiting in the wings to come back off the IR. Or maybe it's more simple, that he realized that the NBA's market is much bigger in the states than in Canada where the game was/is still growing. Either way, I think the notion of building his own star holds more appeal [and dollars] than simply the notion of returning home or 'teaming up'.

I was under the impression that everyone knew of Hills injury, but nobody knew the extent of that injury. Besides Tmac and Hill were talked about going to Orlando long before the injury ever occurred. It was a piece on an old SI article, I can dig threw the vault if you wish.

And as for the nba being about 'teaming up', to argue that T-Mac benefited more greatly by teaming up with Hill would be tricky and inconclusive at best. Considering that Orlando [without Hill] finished at 43-39, and Toronto[without T-Mac] at 47-35, the only real difference you might be able to draw would be the value of Vince/Hill vs the 4 games separating them in record (I'm trying to show that vince, t-mac, and hill all on their own would be able to lift their respective teams to marginally +.500 records, and essentially their difference in values as players would be comparable, if not negligable).
This is my kind of analysis, lets create a thread on the very subject, Id rather not waste such fruitful basketball discussion on a thread like this. Ill post it in the comparisons forum.

And for historically 'teaming up', look no further than the comments of Bird, Jordan, and Magic this summer about their thoughts on the collusion of Miami's 'big three'.

Dont forget Charles Barkley

Hypocritical BS if you ask me, every player at some point went to another and asked for his help.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
You kinda did say he was an all star. though I think I konw what you meant...
Steve Francis was the All-Star you twit, Mobley was a key fixture. You never know what I mean because all you want to do is argue and flame. Im done showing respect to you bro.

sep11ie
10-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Steve Francis was the All-Star you twit, Mobley was a key fixture. You never know what I mean because all you want to do is argue and flame. Im done showing respect to you bro.

Yea, I knew you were talking about Francis, you worded it as if Mobley was. I don't need your respect because I have no respect for you, bro. I'm done with ya. Have fun following Tracey around from team to team on 1 year contracts for the next 3 years till he finally realizes he's done and calls it quits.

Mplsman
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Definetly has to suck for Tmac right now.

ManRam
10-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I haven't read anything in this thread, so I apologize beforehand if I sound redundant.

I have a simple question first. If you were T-Mac, whether you publicly admit it or not, are you honestly NOT jealous? When T-Mac went to Orlando with Grant, he had hopes that this Big Three situation would eventually be him, Grant and someone else (Duncan). That fizzled faster than anyone could have imagined, and ever since then, his career has been a joke almost. He gave his all for a bunch of bad Orlando teams. He logged 40+ minutes regularly on the league's worst team. He sacrificed his body night in and night out, and the repercussions are becoming clear now.

He is jealous, he's admitting it, and I think it's fine. He sees something happening now that he wanted to be a part of some 9-10 years ago.

I know supporting The Big Three is sacrilegious to most the world, but if you are player (a washed up player especially) on a terrible team, how can you honestly not be jealous. I'm sure anyone making the veteran's minimum would kill to be making the veteran's minimum on the Heat (especially compared to the Pistons).

I don't think he was off-base at all. Are the Pistons going to contend with the Heat any time soon? No. So why act like it. I have no issues with him wishing them success.

Wilson
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I've just cleaned some stuff out of here, please tone it down a bit guys.

Raoul Duke
10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I haven't read anything in this thread, so I apologize beforehand if I sound redundant.

I have a simple question first. If you were T-Mac, whether you publicly admit it or not, are you honestly NOT jealous? When T-Mac went to Orlando with Grant, he had hopes that this Big Three situation would eventually be him, Grant and someone else (Duncan). That fizzled faster than anyone could have imagined, and ever since then, his career has been a joke almost. He gave his all for a bunch of bad Orlando teams. He logged 40+ minutes regularly on the league's worst team. He sacrificed his body night in and night out, and the repercussions are becoming clear now.

He is jealous, he's admitting it, and I think it's fine. He sees something happening now that he wanted to be a part of some 9-10 years ago.

I know supporting The Big Three is sacrilegious to most the world, but if you are player (a washed up player especially) on a terrible team, how can you honestly not be jealous. I'm sure anyone making the veteran's minimum would kill to be making the veteran's minimum on the Heat (especially compared to the Pistons).

I don't think he was off-base at all. Are the Pistons going to contend with the Heat any time soon? No. So why act like it. I have no issues with him wishing them success.

I don't care if he's jealous. Thats not really the point. I would prefer that the jelousy make him pissed off, and get him fired up. The vet min is still an awful lot of money, and it's actually pretty close to what he deserves right now given what he's shown on the court the last few years. Whether he feels like he ahs a legit chance at a ring this year or not, he's not endearing himself to Detroit fans with comments like that.

We like nasty players. Ideally, we like them to be ugly, nasty, and ridiculously selfless and/or hard working. So far, the only checkmark he gets is in the "ugly" column.

LayZbone
10-06-2010, 06:05 PM

Yeah, but even if you're on a crappy team, you should always be a competitor and expect to win it all. I know it's not always realistic, but if you're not playing to win it all, then what are you playing for?

I'm guessing that's why some people are off-put by McGrady's words. If I were T-mac, I'd say "I wish those guys all the best for their careers, just not against my Pistons."

ManRam
10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't care if he's jealous. Thats not really the point. I would prefer that the jelousy make him pissed off, and get him fired up. The vet min is still an awful lot of money, and it's actually pretty close to what he deserves right now given what he's shown on the court the last few years. Whether he feels like he ahs a legit chance at a ring this year or not, he's not endearing himself to Detroit fans with comments like that.

We like nasty players. Ideally, we like them to be ugly, nasty, and ridiculously selfless and/or hard working. So far, the only checkmark he gets is in the "ugly" column.

Fair enough...and I think that's very understandable. But what's wrong with saying what he really thinks? I mean, now that we all heard it, we're all like "no **** he feels that way". It's obvious, and he's being realistic. He's going to give his all, he ALWAYS has. Saying how he feels isn't going to change anything, and I don't think I'd be worried if I were a Pistons fan.

He's going to use it as motivation. He has to still feel like there's a chip on his shoulder. He has to be a bit pissed that he missed his chance back in 01. He's always wanted to be a winner (despite what some Houston fans MAY think) and wants to prove to the world he isn't washed up (he is, sadly).

I just don't read as much into this as most people I guess. He was asked the question, and he answered honestly. It isn't a sign that he's going to try any less harder. It doesn't all of a sudden mean that he won't be selfless, ugly and nasty. He just answered a question truthfully. That's really all it boils down to.

Chronz
10-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Yea, I knew you were talking about Francis, you worded it as if Mobley was. I don't need your respect because I have no respect for you, bro. I'm done with ya. Have fun following Tracey around from team to team on 1 year contracts for the next 3 years till he finally realizes he's done and calls it quits.
Geez the guy who puts me in homophobic scenarios doesnt respect me? No ****, I knew that awhile back, it still didnt prevent me from atleast approaching your questions respectfully, its clear it was all in vain. I give everyone a chance, Ive given you several. And I will have fun, there is no shame in staying in the league.

netsgiantsyanks
10-06-2010, 06:29 PM
am i the only one who honestly doesnt give a ****??

Baller1
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Chronz
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM

Hes always seen things from an objective stance, he doesnt NEED that reasoning to dedicate himself. So long as you can understand that, what you expect of him is of no concern to anyone aside from you. If you start using this as evidence that hes weak then you have some explaining to do.

Raoul Duke
10-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Fair enough...and I think that's very understandable. But what's wrong with saying what he really thinks? I mean, now that we all heard it, we're all like "no **** he feels that way". It's obvious, and he's being realistic. He's going to give his all, he ALWAYS has. Saying how he feels isn't going to change anything, and I don't think I'd be worried if I were a Pistons fan.

He's going to use it as motivation. He has to still feel like there's a chip on his shoulder. He has to be a bit pissed that he missed his chance back in 01. He's always wanted to be a winner (despite what some Houston fans MAY think) and wants to prove to the world he isn't washed up (he is, sadly).

I just don't read as much into this as most people I guess. He was asked the question, and he answered honestly. It isn't a sign that he's going to try any less harder. It doesn't all of a sudden mean that he won't be selfless, ugly and nasty. He just answered a question truthfully. That's really all it boils down to.

Yeah man, we obviously just see his comments in a different light. Theres nothing wrong with that. To me, it's just another indication of how fragile he is. When Kobe says he's happy for Miami's "big three" it didn't bother me at all. Maybe in part because he doesn't play for my team, but also in part because he's given me tons of reaons to see him as an ice cold killer. I pretty much lost respect for T-Mac when he did his whole song and dance in Houston where he'd complain that management wouldn't let him play, and then soon after shut himself down via press conference without talking to his team about it first. I think he's fragile physically, and mentally. Shrug.

If you start using this as evidence that hes weak then you have some explaining to do.

See above? Also, thanks for the laugh, Chronz. It's been a rough day. I needed that.

netsgiantsyanks
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM

yeah, they can, apparently from what ive seen

Baller1
10-06-2010, 06:59 PM

You just saved me 15 minutes, so thank you.

Sly Guy
10-06-2010, 07:34 PM
So you wouldnt think any differently of someone you just found out was your kin? Look I dont pretend to know every motive Tmac had to go to Orlando, but I recognize there are MULTIPLE motives. He has cited many of them throughout his career. Joining up with Grant Hill was one of them, so was returning home, and it was true he wanted Vince to have his own spotlight. For whatever reason, but when he says he wants his own spotlight it was within the context of their relationship.

Decision making is the culmination of someone weighing all his options and coinciding benefits. Why wouldnt you go with Team B if it provides a superior player/mentor and the benefit of being home?

Of course there are always a number of factors going into any decision (playing at home was probably a major factor as well), but there's usually one that stands out and is the driving force behind the choice. In this case, as I've stated, I believe it to be McGrady's want to become a more prominent figure within the NBA.

As long as you recognize that a players words should never be taken at face value I can respect your opinion on the matter.
of course, it's no different than shaq saying all his feuds are for show. It's part of the NBA hype-machine.

I was under the impression that everyone knew of Hills injury, but nobody knew the extent of that injury. Besides Tmac and Hill were talked about going to Orlando long before the injury ever occurred. It was a piece on an old SI article, I can dig threw the vault if you wish.

Never saw the article, but I think I would be correct in my understanding that physicals must be passed before the signing of contracts or trades. The extent of Hill's injury would have been known to at least the magic at the time of his signing. How much further that information passed would be purely speculation, but to another major free agent looking into signing with the organization, it's not too far a stretch to think t-mac might have known as well.

This is my kind of analysis, lets create a thread on the very subject, Id rather not waste such fruitful basketball discussion on a thread like this. Ill post it in the comparisons forum.

high praise, thanks chronz.

Dont forget Charles Barkley

Hypocritical BS if you ask me, every player at some point went to another and asked for his help.

maybe so, and I'll probably give you that point simply because a) I wouldn't have any facts to back up my opinion, and b) I could just be biased because of the recent whole summer of LeBron fiasco

AWC713
10-06-2010, 09:09 PM
yeah sorry for trying to build around you with yao, artest, battier...actual winners

FOBolous
10-07-2010, 01:04 AM

no. he meant he had a team that was one win away. he also had a team that won 22 games in a row, the 2nd longest winning streak in league history. that's not something that's done by luck...you actually have to be THAT good to accomplish it.

he also could've been part of the team that reached the 2nd round and took the Lakers to 7 games if he wasn't "me! me! me!" all the time. actually...i take that back. He couldn't have. cause if he played, his "me! me! me!" attitude will probably caused the Rockets to lose to the Blazers in the first round.

Chronz
10-07-2010, 05:25 AM
no. he meant he had a team that was one win away.
LOL yes which is why hes kept the argument up. Pushing a vastly superior team to 7 is an accomplishment so he didnt mean that.

he also had a team that won 22 games in a row, the 2nd longest winning streak in league history. that's not something that's done by luck...you actually have to be THAT good to accomplish it.
Nobody ever disputed those occurred so what exactly is this suppose to prove. Whats THAT good? I know how good they were, and Tmac was right. He never had a loaded team.

he also could've been part of the team that reached the 2nd round and took the Lakers to 7 games if he wasn't "me! me! me!" all the time. actually...i take that back. He couldn't have. cause if he played, his "me! me! me!" attitude will probably caused the Rockets to lose to the Blazers in the first round.

Rockets with a healthy Tmac are even better, go ask Daryl Morey if Tmac makes his teams better.

FOBolous
10-07-2010, 10:38 AM
LOL yes which is why hes kept the argument up. Pushing a vastly superior team to 7 is an accomplishment so he didnt mean that.

nope. he meant the team was THAT good. Basketball is a team sport. no one can do it by himself. He had help. whether he wants to admit that or not.

Nobody ever disputed those occurred so what exactly is this suppose to prove. Whats THAT good? I know how good they were, and Tmac was right. He never had a loaded team.

It proves that he was on a good team...maybe now Wade/Lebron/Bosh good because NO team is THAT loaded but it doesn't change the fact he was on a team loaded with talent that was good enough to accomplish something nothing even Jordan could. So he needs to quite whining about him always playing on bad teams and how he never had any help and how all his teammates sucked.

Rockets with a healthy Tmac are even better, go ask Daryl Morey if Tmac makes his teams better.

yea. that's why DM was so eager to get rid of him. You really have to look beyond people's word. DM may of said all these beautiful things about Tmac to the media because he wants to trade him. He's not going to bash a player he wants to get rid of cause he wouldn't get anything good in return if he does. Plus there's something call "being professional." DM is a professional guy...he's not going to go to the media and bash anyone. He's going to say good things about them no matter what. But you know what? actions speak louder than words. and DM's action...he's eagerness to trade him...shows just how "good" he think Tmac is.

JordansBulls
10-07-2010, 12:23 PM

Also I think this is a big reason he wanted to be on the Bulls this summer.

faze38
10-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Pistons guard Tracy McGrady said he wasn't upset with what the Heat did this summer. He's jealous.

"I'm happy for those guys," McGrady said. "I look forward to, when I'm done playing basketball, seeing them win a lot of championships."

actual response he was joking

Seems more like what he really said what he needs to do is join Kobe and beat u guys! Make their own over the hill big 3 with depth!

slamfan4life
10-07-2010, 03:35 PM

yezzzirrr

tyfreaks brotha
10-07-2010, 04:41 PM
am i the only one who honestly doesnt give a ****??

No, cause I don't give a **** either.

Chronz
10-09-2010, 05:16 PM
nope. he meant the team was THAT good.
No more childish back and forth banter, I was trying to mock you at first but failed so lets focus on the TRUTH of the matter, and not this silliness.

Basketball is a team sport. no one can do it by himself.
If no one player can do it by himself then how do you justify the accusation of the man your defending?

He had help. whether he wants to admit that or not.
If your defining "help" by teammates, then yes. He had teammates, heres the problem. The players he went up against, they had better ones. However if you define help by talent then no, he had very little talent alongside him.

It proves that he was on a good team...maybe now Wade/Lebron/Bosh good because NO team is THAT loaded
So if you understand the context of Tmac's words then how are you holding it against him for saying something you just admitted to be true?

but it doesn't change the fact he was on a team loaded with talent that was good enough to accomplish something nothing even Jordan could.
LMFAO He never said he wasnt on a team good enough to win at the level it did, his complaints come with the fact that his support was significantly lacking compared to other players. Particularly in his prime.

Also why do you mention MJ? What exactly are you trying to prove with this statement? Is winning all those games suppose to convince me that Tmac had better support than Jordan did?

So he needs to quite whining about him always playing on bad teams and how he never had any help and how all his teammates sucked.

So long as he has a point I dont see why he should, its only your extremist way of thinking that puts those words into his mouth. Every complaint Tmac has had about the quality of his teams has been spot on.

yea. that's why DM was so eager to get rid of him.
DM didnt have that same Tmac so again whats your point here?

You really have to look beyond people's word.
What about their work? Do you know nothing about Morey?

DM may of said all these beautiful things about Tmac to the media because he wants to trade him. He's not going to bash a player he wants to get rid of cause he wouldn't get anything good in return if he does. Plus there's something call "being professional." DM is a professional guy...he's not going to go to the media and bash anyone. He's going to say good things about them no matter what. But you know what? actions speak louder than words. and DM's action...he's eagerness to trade him...shows just how "good" he think Tmac is.

Actually when he said all that the topic wasnt even on Tmac so why would he go out of his way? He was discussing his methodology of choice with regards to evaluating player performance and answered any kind of question given to him. He provided FACTUAL ANALYSIS not BIASED FEEDBACK so like I said from the beginning. Ask DM how much better Tmac makes his teams.

PS If DM had the choice of having that Tmac then hed obviously keep him around. So for like the 4th time, whats your point with this statement?

kgjfan243
10-11-2010, 08:03 AM
mcgrady is in a wing man wasteland in detroit. wouldnt be surprised if hes traded by february