PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Chris Bosh !!!

The Claw
10-06-2010, 12:39 AM
As a Raptor Fan, I was hoping that Chris Bosh could have gotten that dynamic wing, unfortunately it never materialized while he was still donning the Raps Uniform.

Now he didn't just got one but two of the most dynamic wings of this league, I thought its just a matter of time that he will be elevated to an elite status.

It will be very difficult now to stop him one on one. Not only his points will increase but also his rebounds(weakside offensive and defensive boards).

I wish him well and I hope you will get what you deserve, past that first round and eventually that ring.

mvb815
10-06-2010, 12:47 AM
his points and rebounds will both decrease, he will get more one on one opportunity but his shots per game will be cut into a third.

one preseason game against a team without a legit big man is a bad indication of what will be in store for him

nickster16301
10-06-2010, 12:47 AM
what a loyal fan

J$mo0th_3o5
10-06-2010, 12:50 AM
:clap: Why can't there be more fans like you?

evadatam5150
10-06-2010, 12:57 AM
his points and rebounds will both decrease, he will get more one on one opportunity but his shots per game will be cut into a third.

one preseason game against a team without a legit big man is a bad indication of what will be in store for him

Yeah I think it's a matter of whether he steps up to the plate or cracks under the pressure and disappears as a third wheel ala Odom when he's on the floor with Kobe and Gasol..

Time will tell..

THE GIPPER
10-06-2010, 01:02 AM

his points may decrease but i think his rebounds will definitely increase

Broadwayjoe NY
10-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Should this not be moved to the heat forum ;)??

All kidding aside, i don't know if his points will be increased, I can see him around the same stats, but his efficiency rating I have a feeling will absolutely sky rocket. It's going to be fun watching these guys play. The best thing about having a Goliath is you get the Davids. Understandably, being another team in the east, I will enjoy watching them lose, but I won't lie, as a basketball fan, it's going to be beautiful to watch.

Hoopsadvocate
10-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Now thats a real loyal fan. Nice words but this will probably be moved to the HEAT forum unless the title is changed to a more general nba subject such as "Is Chris bosh now an elite big man now that he has dynamic wing players to play with??"

Jonathan2323
10-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Should this not be moved to the heat forum ;)??

All kidding aside, i don't know if his points will be increased, I can see him around the same stats, but his efficiency rating I have a feeling will absolutely sky rocket. It's going to be fun watching these guys play. The best thing about having a Goliath is you get the Davids. Understandably, being another team in the east, I will enjoy watching them lose, but I won't lie, as a basketball fan, it's going to be beautiful to watch.

yeah his efficiency rating will go up, but he will be around 18-20ppg this year.

ChI_ShIzzLe
10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
So how long until you jump on that bandwagon? I'd say about a month into the season.

Geargo Wallace
10-06-2010, 01:19 AM
I enjoyed watching them play today, all Bosh hate aside.

_KB24_
10-06-2010, 01:29 AM
It's only the pre-season and it was only the Pistons, but Bosh looked great today. He sure did bulk up. Was especially impressed with his hustle on the boards.

OshGoshKaBosh
10-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Too bad the guy left the way he did. He was a class act 99% of the time. That being said, I hope he and LeBron have some success. Because failure is not an option and will hurt the league as a whole. Good luck Chris.

Duncan = Donkey
10-06-2010, 03:06 AM
he is still the weirdest looking guy in the league.

RollinDeep
10-06-2010, 04:26 AM
he is still the weirdest looking guy in the league.

When he still had all his hair, I kept thinking he looked like an actual raptor. Can't really say why though.

MaHaRaJaH
10-06-2010, 05:05 AM
I find your lack of faith disturbing

JordanPippen
10-06-2010, 05:30 AM
lol at heat fans congratulating people on being loyal...

check sig

masTOR_shake1
10-06-2010, 07:37 AM
how will his points increase? how can you support anything to do with a team that has potentially ruined basketball for all but 2 or 3 cities. as a raps fan, **** you chris bosh.

Delrayhc
10-06-2010, 07:59 AM
how will his points increase? how can you support anything to do with a team that has potentially ruined basketball for all but 2 or 3 cities. as a raps fan, **** you chris bosh.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

koreancabbage
10-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Bosh will score 20 easy points with the new dynamic wing players he has. I think he will have another 20-10 year to be honest. Lebron and Wade are willing passers to teammates that can score on their own. Bosh, for the next few years, will average an easy 20-10. The pick and roll with Wade or Lebron is going to be DEADLY.

All of the other two's scoring average will probably be mid-20's

jiggin
10-06-2010, 08:07 AM
anyone else already tired of the Heat talk?

Come on people, its 1 pre-season game. I know people are excited about basketball starting up again, but these threads are ridiculous.

Hell, the Wizards beat Dallas last night...should we go ahead and pencil them in for the playoffs and erase Dallas as a contender?

Carey
10-06-2010, 08:11 AM
As a Raptor Fan, I was hoping that Chris Bosh could have gotten that dynamic wing, unfortunately it never materialized while he was still donning the Raps Uniform.

Now he didn't just got one but two of the most dynamic wings of this league, I thought its just a matter of time that he will be elevated to an elite status.

It will be very difficult now to stop him one on one. Not only his points will increase but also his rebounds(weakside offensive and defensive boards).

I wish him well and I hope you will get what you deserve, past that first round and eventually that ring.

Thats real big of u, much respect!

Wade>You
10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the kind comments. If only more people were as classy as the OP.

pebloemer
10-06-2010, 08:36 AM

I agree that Bosh will improve with two dynamic wings in Wade and LeBron to play with, but I don't think it will be his points and rebounds that increase. His efficiency should be better (it was already good to start with), I expect his defense to be MUCH better, and I think his offensive rebounding will improve slightly. But I expect the per game numbers to go down.

He will almost definitely get his ring, but I'm not sure on elite status (depends how one defines such a title). But after watching him for so many years, I am definitely interested in following his first season with such a gifted group to play with.

MurderousPress
10-06-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm a raps fan, and watching last nights game I had mixed feelings. It sucks big time watching CB playing in anything but a Rap's uni, but the dude was a flat out stud last night. Everyone talks about Wade and Bron not having good supporting casts. Bosh had sh** supporting casts. It's good to see things working out for him, he's a workhorse and he deserves it. Who knows, maybe he'll emerge as the teams go to guy ;).

MurderousPress
10-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Another thing, and I don't mean for this to hijack the thread. I think posters here at PSD need to accept the fact that the Miami Heat are going to be the most talked about and criticized teams in history, and that will probably be reflected in the threads created in this forum. Can any of you seriously tell me that you're not interested in this team? Let me be clear, I hate the heat, but that's because I've never been a fan of their team, and I refuse to hop on the band wagon. I'm jealous of *true* Miami fans, what you have is special and must be a great feeling as a fan. Plus I love having that "black hat" team who I want to see lose (but probably wont too often).

Anyways, not sure that rant makes much sense. To sum it up, the Heat are gonna be talked about a sh** ton, you can either complain or productively add to the discussion. I'm suggesting no one complains. Plus, if you really don't like Heat themed threads, create a new one and see how that flies in the forums of PSD.

End rant.

TheTakeOver24
10-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Much respect to Raps fans.
One of the best fan bases in the NBA, hopefully they can get guys like KD that dont mind playing in a non major market and build a championship team that way, the fans deserve it.

phoenix_bladen
10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
bosh was never really the man we should have traded him when he didn't want to sign the extension.......that should be a golden rule from now on to any teams wanting to keep their free agents.....

if you don't sign an extension 1 year ahead of time you should be traded......

I hope denver doesn't pull the same **** as toronto and cleveland does

bosh served his 7 years in toronto so good for him and i don't mind him leaving because i would have too since our team sucked but i just wished he did it in a more classy way without the twitter ****

prodigy
10-06-2010, 09:19 AM

Your happy that at the end of last season Chris Bosh was cleared to play but he decided not to and you guys missed the playoffs by one game?

wow. Props to you I guess for not caring about winning.

prodigy
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
lol at heat fans congratulating people on being loyal...

check sig

:clap:

jiggin
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Much respect to Raps fans.
One of the best fan bases in the NBA, hopefully they can get guys like KD that dont mind playing in a non major market and build a championship team that way, the fans deserve it.

Raptors fans...one of the best fan bases? really? one 'nice' warm and fuzzy comment from a fan of the raptors does not make a fan base...

don't think so...everyone knows Portland is probably hands down the best fan base for a team in the NBA but take a look, raptors never even come up...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+fans+in+the+nba

North Yorker
10-06-2010, 09:23 AM
As a Raps fan, it was weird seeing him as the 2nd option last night instead of the 1st. He would have been a much better player in TO if we had found that #1 guy (ie. if VC never quit on us or if we drafted Granger instead of Joey Graham).

I can't even imagine how good the guy will be as a 3rd option. Anyway, Im happy the Raps are re-building right now seeing as Mia will dominate the league the next few years.

Wade>You
10-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Your happy that at the end of last season Chris Bosh was cleared to play but he decided not to and you guys missed the playoffs by one game?

wow. Props to you I guess for not caring about winning.Bosh is the reason they were only one game away from the playoffs. This is why LeBron left; too many ungrateful fans in Cleveland.

Sly Guy
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM

I still like bosh too. I just don't like the heat, the precedent all three of these players are setting, and everything that comes with it [heat index, my god, the heat index!].

jiggin
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Bosh is the reason they were only one game away from the playoffs. This is why LeBron left; too many ungrateful fans in Cleveland.

yeah...it had nothing to do with the money, endorsements he will receive and the fact that he felt he couldn't win a championship by himself...

:facepalm:

prodigy
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Bosh is the reason they were only one game away from the playoffs. This is why LeBron left; too many ungrateful fans in Cleveland.

Bosh is also the reason they did not make the playoffs.

Yes we are very ungrateful to Lebron for many many reasons. We care too much.

CB4AB7VC15
10-06-2010, 09:28 AM
This year people will realize Bosh is >>> Gasol, now that he's got stars around him.....

Except for that Spanish dude on here who's a homer...

Sly Guy
10-06-2010, 09:30 AM
This year people will realize Bosh is >>> Gasol, now that he's got stars around him.....

Except for that Spanish dude on here who's a homer...

I don't think the outcome is that certain. But the question will surely be answered this year.

TO to the CHI
When he still had all his hair, I kept thinking he looked like an actual raptor. Can't really say why though.

I totally thought this too.

Wade>You
Bosh is also the reason they did not make the playoffs.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o230/henryzhao10/tactical_facepalm.jpg

Care too much about yourselves perhaps.Care too much about yourselves. You guys were swinging from LeBrons ... ego ... when he was a Cavalier. Now that he's not w/ Cleveland, you guys think he's Dr. Evil.

prodigy

But hey man its good to talk with you. Your the first heat fan I've seen thats join Day is not July-August 2010. Props.

Wade>You
10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
yeah...it had nothing to do with the money, endorsements he will receive and the fact that he felt he couldn't win a championship by himself...

:facepalm:Clearly LeBron is in dire need of endorsements.

As for winning a title, Kobe was crying like a little baby to leave the LA he destroyed, and now that he got Phil/Pau/Odom/Artest/Bynum/Fisher/etc he's a hero. Go figure.

Wade>You
10-06-2010, 09:35 AM
I remember just a few months back when the NBA was sick and tired of "Cavalier"/LeBron fans, and now that he left, they're sympathizing with the same people they hated. :rolleyes:

prodigy
10-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Clearly LeBron is in dire need of endorsements.

As for winning a title, Kobe was crying like a little baby to leave the LA he destroyed, and now that he got Phil/Pau/Odom/Artest/Bynum/Fisher/etc he's a hero. Go figure.

Lebron wants to be a billioniare so yes He wants Endorsements bad. But I think he could end up losing money at least for this season.

masalex1205
10-06-2010, 09:39 AM
IMO, Bosh isn't an "elite" guy (top 5-7) but I think he's the PERFECT #2 option

daleja424
10-06-2010, 09:39 AM
I cant blame Raptor and Cavs fans for being bitter... I would have been sooo mad at Wade if he would have left us high and dry. That being said, while that hate is ustified, the hate seen from fans of other teams is just :facepalm:

daleja424
10-06-2010, 09:40 AM
back on topic now... Bosh is going to b really good this year...

prodigy
10-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Care too much about yourselves. You guys were swinging from LeBrons ... ego ... when he was a Cavalier. Now that he's not w/ Cleveland, you guys think he's Dr. Evil.

Ya Cleveland is known for having very self absorbed people lol.

But your right, We loved Lebron. He was everything to us. Then for some reason he decided to Quit in the playoffs, Promised us a championship, Dragged us on to believe he would resign, stabbed us on national TV, Said he hates Cleveland, Said all girls in Ohio are ugly(I'm sure his mom and g/f loved that) so on and so on and so on.

I love how people act like Cleveland has no right to hate Lebron.

This is the last time I'm talking about that fool. Done!

HoopsDrive
10-06-2010, 09:41 AM

Same thing here, I wish him the best of luck and success with the Heat. He served the Raptors well in his tenure.

king4day
10-06-2010, 09:48 AM
It was surreal to watch them on the court together.
I watched till mid 2nd quarter and turned it off though.
I think after the first regular season game is out of the way, the buzz will go down a bit.

Jays Claw
10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Bosh's points and rebounding will definitely decrease with both Wade and LeBron on the wings. However, his effeciencey, FG% and his overall team-oriented defense will much improve. I would also like to wish him th best of luck in his pursuit of multiple championships.

tr3ymill3r
10-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Was the thread created because of one preseason game?

daleja424
10-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I am now going to close this guys bc it really belongs in the HEAT forum. cheers!